Type keyword(s) to search

19 Things I Hate About You: How the Duggars Infuriate

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Good grief.  Neither, I nor my Mr. Dragon have ever had a job where you could just drop in on the other one.  Many times, I wasn't even allowed to see his office because of the work he did.  He would have to meet me in reception.  I cannot fathom, gathering up 2 babies, getting them loaded into car seats, filling the diaper bags and driving somewhere, just to haul out the 2 small babies, load them into strollers, just to bring Mr. Dragon lunch and then reverse it all to bring them all back home.  How much time does that take?  Plus, you have breakfast and dinner together, I would assume, so I think you can just send him off with a lunch box in the mornings.  

Perhaps she's worried that he will follow in her brother Josh's footsteps and being out in the real world he'll cheat on her?

To be fair, I don't think she had the two babies at the time.  She might not even have had the one baby.  He wasn't employed all that long, in the grand scheme of things.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

What infuriates me?  Let me count the ways:

* Disposable plates and silverware - I cannot fathom the amount of garbage this creates.  They go on and on about being frugal.  Would it not be cheaper to buy like 3 sets of dishes at Walmart or such and just wash them instead of buying the disposable ones constantly and the garbage bags?

*There is a restaurant style soda machine in the kitchen - with more disposable cups and such.  Perhaps this is a reason the Howlers are running around and jumping over furniture? 

*They live on like 20 acres? and with all the family members they do not have a garden.  They also don't have chickens for eggs, or raising 3 or 4 cows a year for beef.  

*Their diet - it's horrific.  It all seems to be frozen from the store, canned or pre-packaged.  Nothing fresh or truly homemade.

*They have a snack fridge.  The kids seem to graze all day without regular meal times and just grab what they want.

*5 year olds share a bedroom with sisters like 20 years older than them

This is just the start.  LOL

I wonder if they feel like they are conserving water by avoiding using the dishwasher or sink. Of course there is still the issue with laundry...

• Love 1

They removed the soda machine a few years ago just for the sake of accuracy.

Jana has a garden and it's quite lovely.  Although they could easily quadruple its size to provide fresh vegetables at least half the year.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Jana has a garden and it's quite lovely.  Although they could easily quadruple its size to provide fresh vegetables at least half the year.

Right.  After 28 years, six kids married off, and a fortune in the bank, the frugal Duggars finally have a small vegetable garden. Great timing.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Right.  After 28 years, six kids married off, and a fortune in the bank, the frugal Duggars finally have a small vegetable garden. Great timing.

I'd guess that maybe Jana, after getting to the point that her sibling-children got old enough to mostly look after themselves, found that she had extra time on her hands. She had probably been so used to constant busyness by then that she needed a new outlet, and found the outdoors to be a more soothing environment than being inside the TTH.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 19

Don’t let her sudden supposed “free time” fool you.  She still requires constant accompaniment by SOMEONE in the house. Because don’t you know there are sex-starved menfolk lurking in the rutabagas just waiting to jump out.  And you can’t leave a woman alone near that defrauding kale!  Just to keep her safe she will be tending her garden with 10 littles trailing behind her. 

Omg the annoyance she must feel. Can’t even pull weeks without an entourage. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
28 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Don’t let her sudden supposed “free time” fool you.  She still requires constant accompaniment by SOMEONE in the house. Because don’t you know there are sex-starved menfolk lurking in the rutabagas just waiting to jump out.  And you can’t leave a woman alone near that defrauding kale!  Just to keep her safe she will be tending her garden with 10 littles trailing behind her. 

Omg the annoyance she must feel. Can’t even pull weeks without an entourage. 

LOL...I have a pretty dirty mind, but have yet to figure out how Kale might defraud me! It will be time to plant it soon, so I want to know how to  shield myself from its evil influence (or, alternatively, how best to enjoy it!)

• Love 5
On 2/3/2018 at 2:55 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd guess that maybe Jana, after getting to the point that her sibling-children got old enough to mostly look after themselves, found that she had extra time on her hands. She had probably been so used to constant busyness by then that she needed a new outlet, and found the outdoors to be a more soothing environment than being inside the TTH.

I had hoped with the youngest with getting older that she would have a lot more free time. But here comes the next generation, the young grandchildren pouring in.

It would nice if all those younger brothers either worked on her garden or had their own gardens. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

LOL...I have a pretty dirty mind, but have yet to figure out how Kale might defraud me! It will be time to plant it soon, so I want to know how to  shield myself from its evil influence (or, alternatively, how best to enjoy it!)

It’s the cucumbers and zucchini we need to worry about.  Can’t have the boys fondling melons now, can we?

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It’s the cucumbers and zucchini we need to worry about.  Can’t have the boys fondling melons now, can we?

I've grown some zucchini that could defraud an elephant...They always disappear pretty quickly when I put them down at the end of the driveway for free. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've grown some zucchini that could defraud an elephant...They always disappear pretty quickly when I put them down at the end of the driveway for free. 

I remember co-workers sharing their gigantic homegrown zucchinis.  I have a doodad that makes zucchini into spaghetti-like pieces, and use it in place of pasta, which I'm not fond of.

Defrauding cucumbers reminds me of the movie Animal House.  LOL

Do the Duggars ever eat hot dogs?  Or, maybe gherkins, since that's probably more relatable, being tiny and pickled, and all.  Ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Not only do the Duggars eat hot dogs but Donkey Face has a defrauding name for them. I know someone here will correct me. It’s meat tubes or something ridiculous.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, SMama said:

Not only do the Duggars eat hot dogs but Donkey Face has a defrauding name for them. I know someone here will correct me. It’s meat tubes or something ridiculous.

I would think you were kidding, but on second thought, that just screams Boob!  This horrible bunch never cease to amaze me with their shit.

• Love 3
(edited)

I ate at Chick-Fil-A for the first time ever today. It was lunchtime, I was hungry, and it was there. It was, on the whole, a reasonable fast food experience.

The whole time I was waiting for my food, though, I was mentally replaying scenes of Duggars and Duggar-adjacents eating at Chick-Fil-A. Anna and the M-kids dressing as cows. Pris and TFDW camping outside a newly-opened one. Jill and the Dillard boys walking a million miles uphill both ways in the snow to get to one in Colorado. (Or something like that.)  And so forth. 

I’m not sure it quite reaches “infuriating,” as I try to reserve that for more important things, but it was definitely irritating to have my head filled with someone else’s memories of a restaurant I’d never been to. 

I realize that this is as much my fault as theirs, but even so. 

Edited by jennblevins
Can’t spell.
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

I ate at Chick-Fil-A for the first time ever today. It was lunchtime, I was hungry, and it was there. It was, on the whole, a reasonable fast food experience.

The whole time I was waiting for my food, though, I was mentally replaying scenes of Duggars and Duggar-adjacents eating at Chick-Fil-A. Anna and the M-kids dressing as cows. Pris and TFDW camping outside a newly-opened one. Jill and the Dillard boys walking a million miles uphill both ways in the snow to get to one in Colorado. (Or something like that.)  And so forth. 

I’m not sure it quite reaches “infuriating,” as I try to reserve that for more important things, but it was definitely irritating to have my head filled with someone else’s memories of a restaurant I’d never been to. 

I realize that this is as much my fault as theirs, but even so. 

If you go there again, get the lemonade.  

For my money it's good enough to make a special trip, if you are, say, suffering from a cold too nasty or desperate to stand around juicing your own lemons, as/since they make it fresh.  I can take or leave any types of the food (and in fact have only eaten there twice in my lifetime), but the lemonade is tops and goes down nicely on an irritated throat.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I really doubt the Duggars would ever donate food or blood in a situation like that. 

Not Doctor Jill - she gets hysterical at the sight of a needle, and she certainly wouldn't waste her postage-stamp size squares of banana bread on the likes of them.

• Love 12

It's so true that the Duggars don't appear to be very charitable on a local level with the exception of politicians they want elected to push their own agenda.

Another thing that bugs me about the Duggars is their use of the word friend.  They use the word in a superficial manner and/or a patronizing manner. I cringe every time Michelle and Jill say my friend.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Another thing that bugs me about the Duggars is their use of the word friend.  They use the word in a superficial manner and/or a patronizing manner. I cringe every time Michelle and Jill say my friend.

Even worse, my sweet friend.

• Love 12
On 6/1/2018 at 9:05 AM, questionfear said:

I never grew up eating CFA, and so the few times I've had it, I felt it sat somewhere between "better than Burger King" and "overrated". It's not bad, it's just not good.

Also, I say this every time CFA comes up, but the big difference between CFA and the Duggars is that CFA actually tries to embody the socially responsible side of their "Christian" values. After the Pulse nightclub shooting, CFA opened (ON A SUNDAY) so they could provide free food to people lined up to donate blood. Yes, it was a publicity stunt to some extent, but still-CFA broke their own rules about being open on a Sunday to help the LGBT community, even though the CFA leadership is opposed to LGBT rights. Basically, it gives them a glimmer of "not so terrible" in my eyes, because they at least knew that no matter how much they can whine about sin and campaign against our rights, they also knew that at the end of the day you step up and help support people trying to save lives. 

Maybe I'm just a horrible person, but I can't see the Duggars taking even that step-I really doubt the Duggars would ever donate food or blood in a situation like that. 

The local CFA here always donates to the PRIDE parade.  I wish I could support them just for that, but I won't send my money to their corporate office. I haven't had CFA in like 20 years. I used to eat it a good amount in college.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Skittl1321 said:

The local CFA here always donates to the PRIDE parade.  I wish I could support them just for that, but I won't send my money to their corporate office. I haven't had CFA in like 20 years. I used to eat it a good amount in college.

taking it to the small talk. 

26 minutes ago, kbott925 said:

Random question, but how come JD and Jana are the only two that seem to be very skillful?

They most likely aren't, but they were /are the two old not-married-offs for a long time, so they were /are being sold off on TV by JB. Now that JD is married, it's going to be the even harder sell of Jana every episode.

• Love 4
On 6/6/2014 at 9:49 AM, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm sure there are many things about this crazy family get on our nerves. What are some of the big ones?

J'Chelle's baby voice. You're almost 50 years old. Talk like an adult. 

The awful gender roles. Boys can do whatever, but the girls can't? 

The baby obsession. 

Why isn't anybody taking about the disregard that Terry Forsyth has for human life or Equine? A girl almost lost her life several weeks back because of 2 large horse and a small shetland were standing in the middle on a corner on Hwy 16W of Brashears, Ar. The girl was going home from work at 1:00am, when she had no time to put on her brakes and killed all three horses. Terry when confronted by the girl, which is a single mother of three children, the following day in which he stated to her "Get me a police report" and we will talk? so far that girl has never received a call from This Fort Rock Family Camp Owner Terry Forsyth. Now does that sound like a man of God. Do you not think this family is using religious endeavors for their better being? How can you everyday let your animals run free and not some thoughts of a person being killed by his neglect> He has several companies in different states. He has gated housing additions in Topeka, Ks. with swimming pools and very large property within the gated area, Hidden Oaks Estate. He is buying property as we speak in Lincoln, farmington, fayetteville,Topeka, Kansas he has two companies non-profit "Partnership in Collaboration-Kansas, Inc. and" Keeping The Kansas Promise, Inc"., In Texas he has Forsyth Circle Housing Estate, Also in Ft.Myers, Fl. Texarkansa, Ar., St.Paul several parcels. He also has a company called "The Terry Forsyth Company, Inc. in Texas. Somebody needs to get the real story. These people in bleeding the community and using Non-profit and Agriculture tax exempt both ways in all they are not paying taxes. This man is a wolf in sheep clothing. He has leins, civil suits and judgements against him.. Now please don't take my word for it. Do some digging into the people that say they are there for God to help people. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Rockycreekgirl said:

Why isn't anybody taking about the disregard that Terry Forsyth has for human life or Equine? A girl almost lost her life several weeks back because of 2 large horse and a small shetland were standing in the middle on a corner on Hwy 16W of Brashears, Ar. The girl was going home from work at 1:00am, when she had no time to put on her brakes and killed all three horses. Terry when confronted by the girl, which is a single mother of three children, the following day in which he stated to her "Get me a police report" and we will talk? so far that girl has never received a call from This Fort Rock Family Camp Owner Terry Forsyth. Now does that sound like a man of God. Do you not think this family is using religious endeavors for their better being? How can you everyday let your animals run free and not some thoughts of a person being killed by his neglect> He has several companies in different states. He has gated housing additions in Topeka, Ks. with swimming pools and very large property within the gated area, Hidden Oaks Estate. He is buying property as we speak in Lincoln, farmington, fayetteville,Topeka, Kansas he has two companies non-profit "Partnership in Collaboration-Kansas, Inc. and" Keeping The Kansas Promise, Inc"., In Texas he has Forsyth Circle Housing Estate, Also in Ft.Myers, Fl. Texarkansa, Ar., St.Paul several parcels. He also has a company called "The Terry Forsyth Company, Inc. in Texas. Somebody needs to get the real story. These people in bleeding the community and using Non-profit and Agriculture tax exempt both ways in all they are not paying taxes. This man is a wolf in sheep clothing. He has leins, civil suits and judgements against him.. Now please don't take my word for it. Do some digging into the people that say they are there for God to help people. 

He is on the School Board, but yet his grandkids are home schooled. Speaking of those horse that were killed? Two of them were pregnant. These horse had been getting out for months and nothing was fixed or secured to insure safety to these pregnant large beautiful horses. The real kicker is, every other day there are 17 horse in the highway last week, 10 the next day and it is still not being addressed. Is there an advocate that can at least insure the horses have a person to protect them and in doing that our children, fathers,mothers, cousins, family and friends will be safer also. Please help get this what they deserve? Show the world what the locals know and see. Quit donating to these people and praising them in the name of God. This is the devils work not God. The community that this Camp is in, it does not have a football or a baseball field. The have a trailer for a library. Most kids go home hungry because there is no jobs and it is a poor rural area. Like I said a wolf in sheeps clothing. 

• Love 2

Hi, @Rockycreekgirl, I don't think anyone on here is discussing it because we haven't heard it. I live in a nearby county and must confess I hadn't heard anything about that accident with the horses, though I have no doubt that Terry is a shady character. 

• Love 4

This is the first time I've heard of this, although I'm not surprised. I've seen pictures of the horses via the camp website and social media and they looked mangy and poorly cared for. Has anyone local contacted Animal Control? If this is an ongoing issue, it should be reported.

• Love 5

I haven't seen it here or any other sites. I visit other snark sites  and I haven't seen it. 

As far as I know, all of the Forsyth grandchildren are under 3.  It's not unusual for children that age to be at home. 

I will say that what we've seen of Camp Fort Rock seems to be lax on safety percautions and standards. 

• Love 3