Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

Matty has seen right through LB and her lousy machinations with daddy and Grant.   LB's claim is all about deflection for her own perfidy, and producers all too willing to egg her on.

Notice how they could scarcely scrape up $400 each for the trip, but then have almost unlimited resources for booze in Cabo?  As if they paid for that awesome Wyndham suite, either.  

Baboso was as funny a prank as I have ever seen.  I can't stand LB, but I give her props for this one.  The look on the Cabo DJ's face was priceless!

Murray showed again why I like him.  He is a fool and massively self-destructive.  Yet, when he is paying the price for his "decisions," ya never hear a peep of complaint.  The latest example being the nasty sunburn he got the day before flying.  There was not even a hint of self-pity.  I do wonder why we didn't hear any reaction or concern from the "family," though.

Taylor (LB) is the opposite of Murray.  She won't clean up messes of her own making.  Good riddance.  Jesus is the reason?   Man, oh man.  

Now we know there's a season 3.  I wonder what city got fooled into allowing them in this time.

I will not miss LB.  But something tells me she'll miraculously change her mind about doing the show once it gets closer to filming.  & we'll see if her relationship with Grant lasts that long.

• Love 1

What if Daddy & Tiffany hook up?  That would drive Lil Bit crazy & give him someone new.  Win-win!  My other choice is Daddy/Mattie(Martha).

I would love it if Daddy hooked up with ANYONE but Lil bit!!  I kind of liked her in the first season but she grates now....

A coworker got me started on this show a couple of weeks ago.  Finally was able to get caught up on season 2 the last few days and just watched the Cabo episode last night.  

I think the Baboso prank is the funniest one I've seen in a long, long, long time.  The look on the host/DJ's face when Lyle yelled into the mic was just perfect.

In a way I feel bad for Ryan having to deal with Taylor but drunk Ryan has a mean streak that I'm not that upset.   Maybe he should just get with Mattie and move on but the mind games Taylor plus large amounts of alcohol make a big ole mess.

Walt and Murray remain my favorites but I wish Murray would loose a few pounds as the weight, drinking, smoking, etc can't be good for his long term health. 

Best moment of the episode: Baboso/Boudreaux eating while lying down

I know Mattie is crazy drunk but I'm on her side...Lil Bit is acting inappropriate if she has a boyfriend and if her boyfriend was doing the same thing back home I don't think she would be too happy with him.

Still love this show. It's mindless and makes me laugh.

I'm paraphrasing, but Mattie said something along the lines that she's put on weight because she eats too much.  And granted, she does look like she's put on at least 15 pounds since the beginning of the season. However, Mattie?  The gallons of liquor you pour down your throat has a lot to do with it too! I thought my friends and I partied hardy in college, but NOTHING like these kids do!!  I can literally hear their livers moaning in pain.

The upset of the century as it seemed the Mexican dude drank his beer faster than Daddy!  I was in shock.  Then, Daddy made up enough time to win with his preternatural ability to handle being beyond wasted (the dizziness factor in this case) and went straight to the finish line much quicker, using a straight line path. 

I didn't expect Murray to call out Martha on the taxi back to the hotel.  He's usually smarter than to do that where they are all trapped.  

It sure seemed like there was something more going on at the place where daddy broke the bottle over his head.  The cast seemed genuinely afraid that someone/someones/police? were gonna make their lives miserable if they didn't leave pronto.  

You can take the drunks out of the Cabo, but can you take the Cabo out of the drunks?

One can easily see the desperation which a few of these fools experienced.  What the hell is to become of them?  Family?  Please.

Gotta love Baboso.  That was a world=record rally when that lady came by in the hall.

Anyone else reminded of "The Days of Wine and Roses" as LB was learning how to drink from the funnel to impress Daddy?  Scary stuff.

Finally got to watch the new episode over the weekend and just need the whole Ryan/Taylor story line to END NOW.  I've had enough of them and I get the feelling that the others in the house have had enough of them too.

As a life-long Louisiana resident, Baboso usually makes me cringe but I thought his rebound off the luggage cart to try to pick up that random lady was very impressive.  

Finally got to watch the new episode over the weekend and just need the whole Ryan/Taylor story line to END NOW.  I've had enough of them and I get the feelling that the others in the house have had enough of them too.

AMEN!  I would love for someone to come along and catch Daddy's attention ASAP.  I can't stand Taylor and I especially can't stand her "country" accent which gets thicker depending on when she's talking (ie: confessional/talking heads)  and I especially can't deal with the "I'm gonna pray for her (Mattie)".  

And in regards to Lyle - shew i don't think I could take probably more than 10 mins of his loudness...sometimes I wonder if something is "off" with that boy!

AMEN!  I would love for someone to come along and catch Daddy's attention ASAP.  I can't stand Taylor and I especially can't stand her "country" accent which gets thicker depending on when she's talking (ie: confessional/talking heads)  and I especially can't deal with the "I'm gonna pray for her (Mattie)".  

And in regards to Lyle - shew i don't think I could take probably more than 10 mins of his loudness...sometimes I wonder if something is "off" with that boy!

I have a couple of coworkers who also watch and the reasons why we hate Taylor are many and as this season has gone on and on and on, the list is getting really, really long.   And you can tell how much the other cast members can't stand her now, even her "best friend" Tiffany.   Daddy hooking up with Mattie, Lauren or Tiffany would have been such a great thing.   You'd think Martha would have given it a go at one point!

And I'm not cajun but know lots of people from southwest Louisiana and yes they like to drink, eat, party but I've never been around someone like Lyle and agree that there is something off about him.   You'd think that having a child would make him a more mature person but I'm not seeing it.   

Lil Bit and Daddy continue flirting and getting closer, but it's not sitting well with the rest of the house. Martha becomes Murray's wingman. Tiffany confronts Lil Bit about messing with Daddy's feelings, and Taylor finally comes to terms with how she's been acting.

And you can tell how much the other cast members can't stand her now, even her "best friend" Tiffany.

Well she certainly makes it difficult for others to like her - that's for sure.  She's very wishy washy with Grant/Daddy and I guess just likes the attention from whomever is around at the time.

Currently Tiffany is my favorite of the girls.  I hope she keeps her "coolness" factor and doesn't become an ass like most of the other cast.  

I think I'm still in shock that Taylor stuck her ass out the window and peed down the side of the house in broad daylight.   On one hand I hope her mother's cable was out last night so she didn't have to see that but on the other, I do hope she watched and gave Taylor hell.

The rest of the episode seems to be one big blur and I'll be glad when this season finally comes to an end.  Well I'll miss Walt narrating what is going on but its time to move on from this season.   And it looks like most of them want to go home too.

If Lil Bit and Grant are still together in real life after that shitfest was broadcast last night????  He deserves her dumb ass.  Good lord it's like she is trying to be the Thurston Howell the Third of the southern rednecks with that tight jawed way she has of speaking. I am saying that AS a southern redneck - Just stop it Taylor - you are giving us a bad name and Jethro Bodean did a much better job many many years before you were ever born. Your bottom teeth must be ground down to stumps, bless your heart.

Edited by KYBlonde
  • Love 1

I was so glad to see that the rest of the house stopped ignoring Lil Bit's games with Daddy this episode.  So sick of it.  & Lil Bit claiming Mattie is jealous because she had sex with Daddy & Mattie didn't was just stupid. 

Good manipulation by TPTB on the whole "threesome" deal.  Pretty funny stuff.  The "B" word, indeed!

I do appreciate a girl who loves herself a hamburger.  Wimpia for the win!

Someday, I'd like to know how long Grant tolerated LB when she returned from Athens.  Did he write a song?   

Taylor so reminds me of one of my family members.  No matter how rationally, calmly and lovingly the reality of a situation is laid out for her?  She refuses to hear it.  It's not until the shit hits the fan does it sink in for her.  Then its like, "See?? Remember when we tried to warn you about this and you didn't listen?? You accused us of sticking our noses in your business when all we were trying to do was help you see the obvious??" Yep Taylor, you didn't listen so go do a Baboso and whine to the chickens and punch the ground.

I fucking hate Martha. Ya know, a lot of people say a lot of shit about marijuana and the people who smoke it. I've been a smoker for a long time (and I'm not a lazy ass loser who used it as a "gateway" drug), but I can honestly say that in all of my years of smoking I've never acted like a fool like these drunks do. I don't know how people can watch this and think alcohol is ok and marijuana is horrible.

I don't know how Mattie could have watched herself last season and still do the shit she does. She's pathetic. They should all just ignore her when she acts like that.

I wish they hadn't done shit for her birthday. She didn't deserve it. Ten minutes after midnight on her birthday she's bitching that they didn't do anything for her birthday?!

Fuck her.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

I wouldn't have celebrated Mattie's birthday either, once Martha had come out to play at midnight but I guess they just thought it was easier to just go ahead with their plans.  Either that or the producers made them so they'd have party footage for the last day in Athens.

Nothing really to say anything about Taylor except I hope Grant has found himself a great new girlfriend, one that uses a bathroom and one that doesn't play mind games 24/7.  Since Ryan will be dead by 40 if he continues to slam booze down a funnel at the rate he is, nothing really to say about him either.   Never been so gald in all my reality TV watching for a storyline to END.

Not sure if I'll bother watching season 3 when it airs in January.  I guess it will depend if new people were cast or not as I've had enough with Ryan, Lyle, and Mattie and I don't think Walt's take on things in his talking head bits is enough to get me to watch.

Edited by CindyBee

So the cast seem to look at Lil Bit differently than in the season finale.

Are they calling her out on the same things or something that happened since the finale.

Seems like they were all pissed b/c of what had happened this season.  But they also mentioned how she LIES all the time.  I find it funny she wasn't there but didn't miss her at all.  Wonder if she will be on Season 3?

Edited to add http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/02/party-down-south-lil-bit-taylor-wright-quits/.  It won't bother me one bit for them to replace her hypocritical ass!

Edited by metalchik

Did anything happen except for the Taylor and Ryan drama?

Nope.  Well, Tiffany broke up with her boyfriend.  But that's about it.

I find it interesting that Lil Bit claimed that Mattie was jealous of she & Daddy when Mattie brought up how Lil Bit was playing Daddy & Grant...but crickets when Tiffany or anyone else says the same thing.

I knew Mattie was going to go all Martha that night, & I'm sure she felt like shit the next day when they surprised her with her pool party.  That girl needs rehab, therapy, or both.  But I still love watching her.  I can't help it.

There are some seriously scary dynamics at work on this show.

I was stunned that their last hurrah at the Boar's Head was so tame.  They must have been sooooo over being together anymore.  

I do feel empathy for Boudreaux.  He really is clueless as to where his worth really lies.  He's playing the sad/tragic clown.  If he had a good mentor and some belief, he really could be something dang cool.  As it is, he's a lost little boy and the booze will see to it he stays one.  

Daddy is a force of nature who will implode as the sun.  Another shame.  I like him as he is all about keeping things real.  The truth of things matter to him.  A lot.  I hope he sees the light before it's too late.

Now, the real question:  How much in damages did CMT pay out to the homeowner?  

It was great to see how the reality of watching the eps slapped the truth in that cast.  Taylor almost had 'em all snookered as it all went down.   The girlsw had a good idea, but didn't realize just how rotten Lil' Bit was.

Then again, the entire premise of the show is for them to get together and be plain and drunken fools.  Their conceit that they are "family" is such a farce.  

I can't stand Tiff.  She is no shrinking violet who went right along with most everything.  She takes umbrage because daddy points out the truth about video evidence?  She instantly thought the worst of all of them and was ridiculously defensive.  She still hasn't owned up to her lasagna lies from last season.   I hope she is dropped.

$25 a shot?!!!!!!  That first beach party really did cost more than $1K.  Yikes.  Welcome to the Wyndham.  

I can't stand Tiff.  She is no shrinking violet who went right along with most everything.  She takes umbrage because daddy points out the truth about video evidence?  She instantly thought the worst of all of them and was ridiculously defensive.  She still hasn't owned up to her lasagna lies from last season.   I hope she is dropped.

Tiffany didn't lie about the lasagna, that was Lauren.  She spent the food money on alcohol last season instead of making the lasagna she promised.

TMZ is trippin'.  Replacing Li'l Bit will be like trying to replace Snooki?  Puh-lease.  Taylor isn't even on Snooki's level. 

• Love 1

TMZ is trippin'.  Replacing Li'l Bit will be like trying to replace Snooki?  Puh-lease.  Taylor isn't even on Snooki's level. 

A FREAKIN MEN!   I thought the exact same thing....I'd say alot of "fan love" was lost for her this season with all of the Daddy/Lil Bit shenanigans.  I think replacing her will be one of the best things that could happen this season.  

Boudreaux - another crazy Louisianian - happy to learn his "Mexican" name of Baboso had me laughing so hard for so long. This is my favorite all-time episode!!!!! From any season and any PDS & PDS2 episodes.

Put PDS2 cast mate Karina (later boring Lauren) with the PDS cast and just imagine the hilarious situations which would transpire!!!

Taylor (LB) is the opposite of Murray. She won't clean up messes of her own making. Good riddance. Jesus is the reason? Man, oh man.

Now we know there's a season 3. I wonder what city got fooled into allowing them in this time.

Who hangs their butt out the sunroom window to urinate? Pop a squat. Maybe she best learn some manners to hang onto the record deal money making guy she dumped Daddy for. She's not real Daddy. Good riddance!!!

I just read that Taylor quit the show, saying she is scared of living in the house.

I can relate to LB being scared living in the house with Martha/Mattie. Especially after Daddy chose LB as the winner of dance contest down in Cabo. It's why LB was wise enough to call it a night and go home while the other 7 PDS cast continued to party. Martha showed up. She was creeping out when Mattie didn't win the dance contest.

There is redemption for Mattie, who I really like, when she wins more than an opinionated Mexican lap dance contest. Mattie rocks it winning $1000.00 cash in a Bikini Contest!!!! That girl is tall, beautiful and has a rockin body!!! And ~ she a N'Awlins girl too!!!