Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

I'm getting flashbacks of Jersey Shore with the Daddy and Lil Bit drama.

It's reminding me of when Mike had dirt on Snookie that 'changed everything' and ruined their friendship and made Mike an outcast in the house.

I do wonder what this tidbit of information he has on her though.

Beer-zooka for the win!

Boudreaux is working on quite the gut, eh?

Lil' Bit is easily the worst of the lot.  It's fine and dandy she wants nothing to do with daddy.  Who would?  But her holier-than-thou, dip a toe in the muck now and again, and proclaiming in her best Eliza Doolittle she's a good girl, she is?  Garbage.

Murray's dropping trou was a genius move - a true Southern move if you ask me.  Loved Mattie's recognizing.  Speaking of...

Since when did she become the voice of reason and exemplar of relatively modest behavior?  Wow.  Never saw that coming.

I was a bit sad for them as they quickly realized they wouldn't be able to recapture the magic of that first season.   Absolutely everything is gonna be a been there, done that deal.  

Gonna be fun trying to figure out how they got back from Cabo without first serving as a guest of a Mexican constabulary.

• Love 1

I do wonder what this tidbit of information he has on her though.

I'm guessing they've hooked up more than once since last season, & possibly, while she was/is with this new guy.  I hope it comes out this season, especially with what looks like Li'l Bit leading Daddy on.

The Beer-zooka was freakin' amazing.

Lauren is still the most annoying one to me.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the first episode.  Mattie seems to be trying to chill out, but I am sure it won't last long.  Lyle is bound and determined to ratch up the crazy several notches this season and the drunk fighting? Lord.  Lil Bit's description of Murray's, errr, package had me rolling.  "There really wasn't much to see BLESS HIS HEART.  It looked like a baby carrot with a couple of potatoes."

This was my first episode. Man, they all like to yell a lot. I was hoping to see more of Athens, but maybe that will come later.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Chip.  Last season didn't show much of the town outside of the two (or three?) bars the kids visited.  We did see a little more of the country when they stayed at a friend's house to go mudding.

I'm looking forward to their trip to Cabo...that should be a hoot and a hot mess.

• Love 1

Settling into their new digs in Athens, Ga., proves to be no easy feat for the gang. Wild Lyle makes an early appearance and takes a beating for it from one of his roommates. The guys mess around with Daddy but take it too far and push him to his limit. And Daddy's further erratic behavior is starting to convince everybody else in the house there might be something brewing between him and one of the roomies.

My guess is fight, then kiss, then fight again.

This Daddy/Li'l Bit thing is going to explode soon.  Every time Daddy gets drunk, he gets emotional about it.  & from the "This Season on PDS", it looks like Li'l Bit has been (& is) leading him on more than a little.

It is so nice to see Mattie as the voice of reason.  Weird, but nice.

• Love 1

This ep got far too close to the truth that this bunch ain't no family.  The guys, especially, are just a bunch of jerks.  

Seeing how several of them have aged considerably in the few months since we last saw them is most definitely satisfying to me.  The advantage of youth has been squandered.  They are paying a price for their boozing.

I loved hearing them talk about not wearing out any welcome they may get in Athens.  Their notoriety absolutely preceded them.  Then, the guys go to town shouting insults at the women.  Nice.  Why was this a day trip?  A second (third?) day and they haven't hit the nightlife yet?  Was someone barred?  Hahahahaha.  The arm rasslin' was pretty cool, though - and very definitely a Southern thang.

One thing that was brought up is very, very real: Clarke County, GA does NOT play when it comes to alcohol/partying.  You stray outside the bubble of the UGA campus and you best not be creating a fuss or get caught driving drunk.  The po po lives to bust young partiers.  

Any doubts that they are gonna make the kayak biz owner mad at least once?

Lil' Bit's beginning to get exposed for the trash she is.  She was flirting with/seeing Daddy while she was gettin' serious with her fiance?  Now, she pretends for all the world that Daddy be trippin' - there ain't nuthin' to his ardor for her.  She nevvvvvvver gave him annnnnny reason for feelings.  I can't stand girls like her who spout all the livelong day about Jesus and praying, and then go right out and dip their toes deeper and deeper into evil streams.  Yes, it is a very Southern thang, too.  Just what did she think was gonna happen by returning to the PDS house with Daddy right there?!   Oh, right.  Forgot.  She's been getting away with this garbage on looks all her life.  Silly me.

This was s good as this show can get!

Loved seeing LB get her gamesmanship smacked back in her face.  Daddy is no prize. but that was a smackdown for the ages!

I also enjoyed the heck out of watching Maddie being the reasonable one who sits back and smiles at the chaos all around.  Murray was a total ass for dumping the flour on her. too.   I hope she gets super-sweet revenge.

I was struck at how virtually every shot of them in the club was the cast doing things with each other.  There wasn't any interaction with the locals, save Boudreaux going off on that one dude.   Clarke County wins again!

Of course, they were late for the first day on the job.  I was disappointed that the owner did not go off.  I'll bet he will, though.

I'd love to know if the cast had to indemnify the home owner for damages, or if production took that on.  

I'd love to know if the cast had to indemnify the home owner for damages, or if production took that on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cast (specifically Daddy) had to pay for the damages.  It would come out of the check he receives for the season.

Loved the truth coming out about Lil Bit & Daddy.  & I totally believe him.  I can't wait for Grant to visit, especially if Lil Bit hasn't come clean by that time.

I like Mattie in control, but I do want to see Martha at least once this season.

& Lauren can miss me with her "It isn't me so I don't care" BS.  If any of the guys wanted to bang her, I'm sure she'd be down & then it would start all over again.  Girl, bye.

• Love 1

Lil Bit pulled the 'I'm so upset, I'm leaving' card just so everyone will tell her to stay and promise to drop the issue. I just can't wrap my head around the dumbness of this, you cheat on your boyfriend with a cast member, during your promotion tour and then when you get back together to film all you do is keep talking about a serious boyfriend that was around while you were fooling around with your cast member. How did you really think it was all going to be kept secret? I totally believe Daddy because he just seems so hurt and confused by it all, him talking to Tiffany confirmed my belief in his side. I wonder how Grant is taking these episodes?

Lil Bit got caught playing two guys at once. Now she's playing the victim to try to get out of it and keep the new wannabe country singer. She needed a dose of humility, because she's always been so full of herself.

I've enjoyed Murray, but now with that mess on his head he's trying too hard.

It's always hard to try to recapture magical moments, like the great chemistry this group had their first time together. Some of the cast have already moved on and some have changed, and they are already starting to act for the cameras and go through the motions.

I'm pretty sure Boudreaux and Daddy are going to end their lives as bloated drunks.

Lil Bit got caught playing two guys at once. Now she's playing the victim to try to get out of it and keep the new wannabe country singer.

Exactly.  She can try to play the victim but she's the one who set this whole mess in motion.

• Love 1

I keep noticing how they do almost no bar hopping.  They must have had one helluva time getting permissions.

Loved, loved, loved how LB used the standard, "I made A mistake." line and her beau comes right at her, "You lied to me."  Every day she kept quiet, she made "a mistake."  Every phone call.   Also, having the other female figure out that LB was STILL lying to all of them?  Priceless.  Funny how I didn't hear any Bible citations from LB.  

Boudreaux is one messed up dude.  My heart did hurt for him when he revealed his reading disorder.  I bet he spent his whole life being told he was stupid.  It helps explain his outsized prideful chest beating and I'M A BOUDREAAAAAAUX exclamations.

Lauren is just a horrid person.   She is the FIRST to play the victim card and also the first to stir crap up.  I don't care if she is being egged on by producers.  She can never just let things be.  

Daddy's friends were fun.  I'm glad the group had a good time with them...maybe we'll see how "good" a time Mattie had next episode.

Li'l Bit is getting on my damn nerves.  She wants to pretend like this is all on Daddy & that she did nothing wrong.  Girl, bye.  You fucked Daddy while in a relationship (or at least the beginnings of one) with Grant & you are the one playing the victim?  Ugh.  I liked Mattie telling it like it is & being supportive of Daddy.  I think Li'l Bit is so used to being tiny & cute & using that to get away with shady behavior.  Or using tears when tiny & cute fail to sway opinions.  I can't wait for Grant to visit, especially if Daddy lays out exactly what happened between him & Li'l Bit & how long it went on.  Even Taylor has caught on to Li'l Bit's ways...though she's still on Li'l Bit's side.  I don't know if it's "chicks before dicks" or just wanting to believe the best in her BFF in the house.

I need more Walt & Murray time.  I feel like they are barely seen because of the Daddy/Li'l Bit drama.  Hell, I'd take Lyle Boudreaux=ing all over Athens over this mess.

• Love 2

The drama is ruining the series. I tune in to watch happy, silly rednecks emitting pithy catch phrases. (Murray is great at this, only he gets overshadowed by everybody else.) I also don't enjoy obnoxious drunks over and over.

One of my least favorite things about religious southerners is their tendency to blame Satan for their own idiotic behavior. Lil Bit has a nice little scam going; apparently everyone but Mattie is falling for her religious/sexy/victim persona. Or they are waiting to see who calls her out first. And her mama has Lil Bit thinking she's a prize catch. I'm not seein' it. Lil Bit care barely restrain herself from hopping into bed with Daddy.

The other blonde one whose name escapes me has made a few comments that indicate some of these people live near each other, or see each other, when they're not in production. (Taylor is Lil Bit's real name.) I'm curious as to whether any of them knew each other before original production began.

The other blonde one whose name escapes me has made a few comments that indicate some of these people live near each other, or see each other, when they're not in production. (Taylor is Lil Bit's real name.) I'm curious as to whether any of them knew each other before original production began.

The other blonde's name is also Taylor.  I don't think anyone knew each other before the show, but some of them have spent time together between seasons (& not just Daddy & Li'l Bit rockin' the sheets).

I'm glad Mattie's onto Li'l Bit's game.  I wonder how long it will take for everyone else to get fed up with her BS.  I'm guessing all hell breaks loose when Grant visits.

• Love 1

LB makes it tough for Christians and ladies.  She represents the worst in each.  There are sooooooo many like her, too.

It didn't seem like they were out in the clay for long with their ATVs.   I wonder what limitations were placed on them, and why.  Good to see Daddy take a nice spill and remain true to his nihilistic code.

I know it was all a set-up and BS, but Daddy and the cougar was genuinely hilarious.

It's sad to see the desperation the gals all have for male sex partners.  I totally believe it, but it is sad, nonetheless.

Boudreaux is no doubt gonna spend some time at taxpayer's expense before he departs this mortal plane.  

Lil Bit reached new lows with her girl convo about daddy situation.  She lied her butt off.  No way they bought it, but they wanted peace.

Nice to see Boudreaux genuinely having fun.  Loved seeing the walk of shame, too.

Odds that Grant's guitar survives the house?  I say it's 15-1 it escapes without damage. 

• Love 1

Lil Bit reached new lows with her girl convo about daddy situation.  She lied her butt off.  No way they bought it, but they wanted peace.

Yup.  Especially Mattie.  I wonder if the tension in the house is part of the reason she lets Martha loose next episode.  I know I'd be tempted to go all Martha on Lil Bit's lying ass.  & it will be interesting to hear Grant's POV when he shows up.  I really want to know what Lil Bit hasn't been telling him (I'm guessing most of it since she's trying to play the entire house now).

I hope the season isn't all Daddy/Lil Bit drama, though.  I want to see them having fun more & worrying about drama less.

• Love 3

What I don't understand was how Lil Bit was able to pull this off supposedly under Grant's nose.  Doesn't she live in Nashville with him??  And Daddy lives in Florida and would have to take a somewhat long trip to visit her?  And not for nuthin, I hate how Tiffany pronounces Daddy as Doddy. bleh

Lil Bit's boyfriend Grant comes to town and meets the family. Daddy promises to be nice, but all the roommates beg to differ. Tiffany calls Hunter to straighten out their rocky relationship. The gang goes out to Boarshead for an epic Dollar Drink night.

• Love 1
(edited)

Who actually believes Mattie (martha) was rushed to the hospital in a cab??  She's just passed the hell out. Heck we used to take black markers and ink up all the fools that got that wasted! (back when ink could be washed off).

Edited by KYBlonde

I think Lil Bit & Grant just live in the same city, not live together.  I think she still lives at home with her parents, so it wouldn't be that difficult to pull off.  Plus, she has the "butter don't melt in her mouth" act down pat, so that makes it easier.

• Love 1
(edited)

I believe it.  Mattie was pretty much unresponsive which can be a sign of serious alcohol poisoning.  & these kids have partied quite a bit together, & though Mattie has a high tolerance (what's up, Martha?!?), when you can't wake someone it's better to err on the side of caution.  I used to do the black marker thing too, but sometimes you can tell when it's more serious than a simple pass-out situation.

I can't believe Grant just "forgave" Lil Bit.  I still don't think he knows the full truth, & I don't think we do either.  I wonder if Grant is on his best behavior so that he doesn't embarrass his record company & get dropped from the label.

The next episode looks way better than this one.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

Anyone believe Grant "forgave" LB just cuz?  

It was all about getting his face, literally, on the highest rated show on CMT.  Daddy was being a dick to him in the bar.  I give Grant some credit for trying to keep the convo going when Tiff and LB came to break it up.  

Of course, LB more wanted all the attention and risked it. anyway.  She was all butthurt because Murray was being Murray?   The entire ethos of that "family" revolves around getting blasted.  What the heck did she expect?   I thought they were waaaaaay easier on him than she had a right to expect.

Loved Boudreaux's arc this week.  As if that bartender actually likes him.  Ha!  She likes cameras, though.  The whole "brother" thing was great.  One thing about Lyle, if he likes ya, he LIKES YA!  

Nice to see a real moment as Tiff faced the music.  She is delusional and trouble, but that kind of hurt is tough.  Ouch.

It's a wonder the Boar's Head does not have a doc on site.  How on earth do they keep their bar license???

Well, I was wrong about the guitar getting destroyed.  I thought maybe, when Daddy was crooning, he just might do the deed.   Fun moment, in any event.

• Love 1

I believe it.  Mattie was pretty much unresponsive which can be a sign of serious alcohol poisoning.  & these kids have partied quite a bit together, & though Mattie has a high tolerance (what's up, Martha?!?), when you can't wake someone it's better to err on the side of caution.  I used to do the black marker thing too, but sometimes you can tell when it's more serious than a simple pass-out situation.

I can't believe Grant just "forgave" Lil Bit.  I still don't think he knows the full truth, & I don't think we do either.  I wonder if Grant is on his best behavior so that he doesn't embarrass his record company & get dropped from the label.

The next episode looks way better than this one.

I hope I am right and you are wrong - I want nothing bad to happen  to any of them and I'm sure you don't either.  It's just that I was born in the South, grew up in the South, and went to college in the South and saw this type of black-out situations all the time. You could literally yell in a passed-out person's ear, shake them, but no response because they were OUT.  But they always slept it off not remembering the night before at all.  While I have never encouraged that behavior, I'm hoping for Mattie's sake that is the case. It just seemed to me that they piled Mattie into a cab and then we see an actual ambulance tearing down the street.  I'm calling editing shenanigans.

Cock a doodle dooooo!   Daddy strikes again with the chicken.  So funny.  $400 tab on dollar night?  Yup.

Martha was nothing like last year's.  Last year, Martha would have attacked Daddy in the van and not just said something.

Watching an annoyed Boudreaux trying to avoid a prior conquest was tv gold.  Lyle ain't a poet and he don't know it!

• Love 1

Walt is by far my favorite.  He can cut loose and be crazy, but he is by far the most mature and grounded of all of them.  He's one of those southern boys that looks gruffy most of the time but probably cleans up real nice. I can't believe how those prissy Georgia girls were about the stupid chicken.  Roosters are the ones that will attack you the minute you turn your back.  Although when I was a child we did have a couple of psychotic chickens that chased us kids, but I think it was because they were sexually frustrated since there were no roosters around to take care of them.

Watching an annoyed Boudreaux trying to avoid a prior conquest was tv gold.  Lyle ain't a poet and he don't know it!

That made me laugh & laugh.  Especially when he made the comment about her hair.

Martha was nothing like last year's.  Last year, Martha would have attacked Daddy in the van and not just said something.

Mattie has been a surprising voice of reason this season.  I guess Martha calmed down when Mattie did.

Tiffany getting pissed about Walt cock-blocking her & then cock-blocking Murray cracked me up.

I'm not looking forward to next week's episode & seeing Lil Bit lead Daddy on...again.

• Love 2

No one found it odd that Grant would not sing?  I would think that his record label would want him to perform for such a big audience.  

I'm still wondering what the facts are between LB, Grant, and Daddy.  From the outside, it looks like LB was playing both men.

Walt is by far my favorite.  He can cut loose and be crazy, but he is by far the most mature and grounded of all of them.  

That's how I've felt about Walt from basically episode one and he's done nothing to change that opinion.  He's kind of like the viewers, just sitting back and watching the show.

I really wish more people watched this show or at least more people would come here to snark on it.  I enjoy reading everyone's take on the different episodes.

I'm over Lil Bit...I can't stand someone that uses religion when it "suits" them.  And I also think she is leading Daddy on big time...I wish he'd find another "love" interest to get him away from her.

I like Tiffany and I hope she doesn't fall into the "bad edit" territory that seems to happen on these shows.

The roommates head to Cabo for a Party Down South of the border. It's nothing but fun -- beaches, booze and booty-shaking contests -- until they realize they're being stalked by a crazy senorita ... Martha!

• Love 1

I'm over Lil Bit...I can't stand someone that uses religion when it "suits" them.  And I also think she is leading Daddy on big time...I wish he'd find another "love" interest to get him away from her.

I like Tiffany and I hope she doesn't fall into the "bad edit" territory that seems to happen on these shows.

What if Daddy & Tiffany hook up?  That would drive Lil Bit crazy & give him someone new.  Win-win!  My other choice is Daddy/Mattie(Martha).

• Love 1

I thought it was hilarious especially when the dumbass proclaimed he was a Baboso and the look that the local dude gave him was priceless!!!

That had me cracking up.  I have to give Lil Bit credit, that was an excellent prank.  I hope no one tells him the truth until the return to the U.S.

Why does everyone suddenly think Mattie wants Daddy?  That seems like some producer-driven plot to me.  I think Mattie's just an emotional drunk (just like pretty much all of them save Murray & Walt), & she doesn't like seeing her friend get fucked over.  Especially when Lil Bit keeps playing "will she/won't she" with Daddy while still involved with Grant.  & by the time they announced the winner of the "booty shaking" contest, Mattie was already seriously hammered. 

I noticed Lil Bit didn't want to have to answer for her behavior, so she boned out.  Don't get me wrong, if I saw the Martha signs coming, I'd probably leave too.  But I don't think that's the only reason she left.

• Love 1