Type keyword(s) to search

Cast in Other Roles

Sara2009

It's not that if celebrity X and mover-shaker Z show up together is impressive or means something is cooking right this moment. It's basic networking, it's part of the hustling. Other people prefer more low-key approach but that doesn't mean they don't meet people, they're just not that flashy about it. Ultimately,

I don't think we're in disagreement in that practically everyone in this business is hustling.   I just don't think we can tell who is more effective then others just by photo ops or stans saying "So and So is such a hustler".    I'm going to assume they(or their agents) are all working behind the scenes.

I also think the presence or absence of projects right now isn't a definite indicator of how things are gonna pan out, there is a sense of where some people are going but it's still early to say.

Yup, which is pretty much what I already said.

Edited by caracas1914

The reality is that any boost that the show was going to give in getting people's careers outside of Glee moving is rapidly diminishing and those who haven't already used the show for their advantage might have found themselves out of time. I think Chris was smart in using his popularity on the show early on to get his first novel published and has been able to translate it (along with the various scripts that he has written) into some real credibility as a writer (at least to the point that his writing career no longer completely hinges on his attachment to Glee).

Right now, Glee is a punchline. But those in the cast who had previously (and continue) to earn good critical note despite Glee being such a laughable mess are the ones who will most likely find the best immediate opportunities waiting for them. Chris is going to start filming a biopic with actors like Ian McKellan and Vanessa Redgrave early next year (and he's openly spoken about a number of other projects that he is not yet able to talk about - only that he's likely to be very busy for the next few years). Kevin has his film, plus he's has some good note doing TV hosting. Lea had halfway decent sales on her album, at least enough to likely get a second album and got a guest spot on a critical favorite show. I'm going to agree that it's way too early to say who's going to be a big success in the future, but the odds are that the actor who won multiple PCAs and a Golden Globe (along with two Emmy nominations and various other awards) and the actress who won PCAs are in a better position than some of the others currently in the cast. But as others have said, they're going to have to prove themselves in film and nothing is a sure thing. If Chris's biopic does well critically (I doubt it will do great commercially, at least in the US given that the subject is not especially well known by many people), it would go a long way to showing that he can make that jump from tv to film. And there would be nothing wrong with any of the cast signing on to another tv series.

I honestly don't think that anyone in the cast currently is going to have much of a chance to put an album out unless it's something really spectacular that has a shot of becoming at least a critical success. The ship has sailed on the label wanting to promote any of the cast just because they were on Glee and those that want to put out albums are going to have to prove that they can market themselves apart from Glee. Right now, with album sales across the board in decline and Glee no longer the powerhouse that it used to be, I think that the odds are steep against any of the cast getting albums released.

Right now, Glee is a punchline. But those in the cast who had previously (and continue) to earn good critical note despite Glee being such a laughable mess are the ones who will most likely find the best immediate opportunities waiting for them.

I agree with the gist of what you say, but this is where I differ a bit. Glee is a punchline as a far as critics and the fall in viewership is concerned. The industry though, the directors/producers who will be casting those guys in their future projects, take, I think, a slightly different view. They know by now that these guys are able to carry a lot of workload, they are dependable, they've become relatively well-known, so if they see something in one of them that they need for whatever reason, they'll approach them regardless of the joke that Glee has become. (I suppose the regulars have had to refuse projects either for lack of time to do them or lack of interest in what role was offered.) See Harry or Dianna, who haven't earned any critical praise to speak of, but have already gotten good to great opportunities after becoming free agents. I'm not discounting anyone at this point, however improbable their future success may seem right now, even though I have personal preferences as far as their acting goes. 

There is also something else I've probably mentioned before. Some of them are more castable in the eyes of the average by-the-book Hwd producer regardless of acting ability. For instance Dianna, easy to cast as the beautiful white blonde, that's purely because of the tradition of typecasting. Cudos to her for trying to break the mould given her latest indie project. Chris is the opposite in my view, more difficult to cast in the eyes of the average producer, again for typecasting reasons. 

Edited by fakeempress
Was I talking about effectiveness anywhere? My initial point in reply to Hana Chan was what what I last said about handicapping their prospects.

Yes, I got that and  I don't disagree.  My point is that they are ALL hustlers, networking, etc, or at least they all have people/agents also trying to make things happen.  Photo ops and other stuff it's too hard to quantify who's working what, and sometimes someone going to a concert they want to go to is translated into what a hard working networking hustler they are when they could simply be drunk enjoying the music.  For all we know Jenna is a very savvy hustler and has 4 movies lined up we don't know about yet.

Personally I think it's also about luck too, being in the right place and the right time  for  the right project.  Sometimes what looks good on paper fizzles out, take Robin Williams last sitcom "They Crazy Ones", it co starred Sara Michelle Gellar, had a stellar supporting cast and it was exec produced by probably the most successful TV producer of this century, David E. Kelly, and yet it got canceled after one year.

Like I said, a couple of years will give a better picture where things stand and even then someone later could get another hit show  5, 10 or 15 years down the line.

Edited by caracas1914

Photo ops and other stuff it's too hard to quantify who's working what, and sometimes someone going to a concert they want to go to is translated into what a hard working networking hustler they are

He went to Vegas because he was working for the thing, and probably got paid an appearance fee, and he promoted it on his social media. And I think you misunderstand my point in mentioning his hustling, it's not to suggest that he's such a hard hard worker that he puts the rest to shame or something, but that in his case it's obvious to the naked eye that he's networking. What will come out of it is another matter. I'm personally not invested in his career, just noting my thoughts. 

Edited by fakeempress

I think it's also worth noting that Darren has mentioned fairly recently that he's talked with his brother & others about keeping his musical integrity & not "selling out" his own personal vision/style. He tested some different musical styles (esp. more poppy stuff) on tour last year with varied results & it's possible that he's scrapped a lot of what was set for an album due to creative differences with his current label. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him jump to a more compatible label & reimagine his entire thing once he has more time & freedom; he seems to try to maintain a lot of control over himself as a product. Personally, I'd rather see (& buy) that than the middle-of-the-road cookie-cutter pop that Lea & Naya have debuted (& to be clear, I think both of those ladies deserve better for their musical careers). My gut feeling is that similar concerns are behind Amber's album delays & label move as well--she seems to really want to be true to herself & sucessful on her own personal level.

Honestly, I think it will come down to luck. Lea is the only one I can see getting cast for name recognition in some low- to mid-level projects in the near future, but other than that I think all of them start out in more or less the same positions. The right role at the right time is all it takes and that's mostly pure dumb luck. Any one of them could end up becoming a huge star. I mean, when I watched Everwood all the way back in the days, I wouldn't have expected Chris Pratt to be the one to make it big, but he got the right role and was great in it. That's really it. Could happen to Blake Jenner, to Chord Overstreet, heck, to Nurse Penny.

Time will tell.

• Love 2

Not only luck, but I also think it comes down to what kind of career each actor is aiming for. I remember Chris Colfer saying once that he kept hearing comments that he'd never be cast as the lead in a rom com and he questioned why someone would assume that was what he wanted to do; why that was the litmus test for acting success.

Some of them may only ever want to play the best pal in a half hour sitcom, or perhaps the wacky neighbor. If they all want to star in DC comic movies, they may be in for some disappointment, but if they want to make a living performing in public, I think most of them will be able to make ends meet.

Edited by Myrna123
Could happen to Blake Jenner, to Chord Overstreet, heck, to Nurse Penny.

Blake Jenner getting cast as lead in the new Richard Linklater movie is a great boost for his career.   Like I said above he was already well respected but with the release of boyhood this year that has moved to another level.  

I think Lea might have a problem with typecasting. I think that could be her biggest challenge.

This has already happened just with her guest gig with Sons of Anarchy.  People who have zero knowledge of her background just assume things about her cause all they know is she is on glee.   

I think she is actually in a harder place than the rest of the cast.  Not big enough name for good/notable projects but big enough to be to identified with  glee and singing.

I hate to bring this up, but her possibly doing " Funny Girl" with Ryan Murphy might hurt her too. Getting out from under his thumb might be the best thing for het.

I agree but to me that still seems way down the road and not something either wants to do right away. 

Frankly I do not like the musical much anyway and think it worked mostly cause it was Barbra and the songs not the storyline.   So  to me it is best left alone.  I really can't think of a way to alter the story or the character of Fanny enough to make it a more viable musical in todays market.  

I think it's also worth noting that Darren has mentioned fairly recently that he's talked with his brother & others about keeping his musical integrity & not "selling out" his own personal vision/style. He tested some different musical styles (esp. more poppy stuff) on tour last year with varied results & it's possible that he's scrapped a lot of what was set for an album due to creative differences with his current label. I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him jump to a more compatible label & reimagine his entire thing once he has more time & freedom; he seems to try to maintain a lot of control over himself as a product

I wish him well, I wish them all well, actually. However this is the usual doublespeak when things are falling apart with a Label. Mind you, it’s a legitmate concern for any singer , ie artistic integrity, but last year Darren was singing a different tune over how an artist has to take into account commercial appeal and not just cater to himself, yada, yada, yada.

Yes, the music in his tour last year had pretty basic bubbegum teenage stuff, but it is what it is.

There are reasons why you sign with a major label. It's no coincidence that they have an inherent advantage for airplay, promo, tours, etc.

So for whatever reason things aren’t working out with his Label. Artistic differences is the answer usually given, just like “irreconciliable differences” for a divorce hearing. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a grain of truth in that, as in ALL starting out artists with a major label have to compromise (just look at the Kelly Clarkson/Clive Owen bruhaha) but I’m too cynical to buy the stans “Singer X is too artistically genuine to sell out” shtick that gets shoveled out.

Someone new isn't going to walk away *if* the Label is willing to release the album. That's now how it works in the business.

Like I said, I wish him well, like I do Lea, Naya, Amber and Chord. Releasing an album with a major label is an uphill battle for practically everyone not named Beyonce or Justin Timberlake.

Edited by caracas1914

GUEST ROOM follows a young woman with Down Syndrome (GLEE’s Lauren Potter) as she grapples with questions of intimacy, identity, and motherhood after an unplanned pregnancy with her boyfriend. Featuring an original score by Joel P West (SHORT TERM 12), this short film offers a unique and touching glimpse into the complicated depths of a Lauren Potter you’ve never seen before.

• Love 2

It's a challenge for any actor who is very much a "type" to break out of the pre-conceptions about who they are and what they are capable of as performers. It's easier for actors who aren't so ethnic or who are conventionally attractive who can easily meld into a wide range of roles. Lea is beautiful, but she has an unconventional look. Chris is exceptionally attractive, but he's gay. There are pitfalls for both of them that other actors may not necessarily face, especially when you consider that they came to fame playing these very distinctive parts that played on the things that make them stand apart from other conventional performers.

At the same time, when the right opportunities present themselves, those things that make them more a "type" can work to their advantage just became they will stand out from the other more conventional performers. Jennifer Grey was a great example of the actress who wasn't the conventional pretty girl who build a great career on playing quirky, unconventional girls (at least until an ill-advised and botched nose job destroyed the features that did make her stand out and once she started looking like every other young actress, her career dried up). I think that Lea and Chris both have the look, the talent and charisma to become huge successes but it will take a certain amount of luck, having the right roles offered to them and them having the good sense to pick the right roles from among all the other parts offered to them. This is one of the reasons that I'm so excited about Chris playing Noel Coward. Yes, he will be playing another gay role (though there is nothing wrong with a gay actor playing gay characters - I don't buy into the idea that his abilities as a performer should boil down to if he can pass for straight), but he has the opportunity to show that he can make that big jump as an actor.

I think that for Lea, while her voice is one of her biggest selling points as a performer, her biggest question is to decide what kind of a performer she wants to be. Musicals are a tiny minority of films and tv shows made, so she need to show that she can play parts that don't depend on singing for a huge part of their characterization. I think that taking this guest spot on SOA is a great first step towards accomplishing this because it will be such a departure from Rachel Berry (in the way that NYE failed). I'd like her to look to Sara Ramirez for inspiration as to how to go from being a Broadway musical performer well known for her vocal prowess to becoming an equally capable actress in non-singing roles.

I'd like her to look to Sara Ramirez for inspiration as to how to go from being a Broadway musical performer well known for her vocal prowess to becoming an equally capable actress in non-singing roles.

I get what you are saying but Sara was not well known (except in Bway circles)  before starting  Greys so it is a bit like comparing apples and oranges at this point. 

Lea can't take back 6 years of singing on tv every week.  Sara never faced that connection of singing with the wider audiences.

I think Lea knows she has to try for some roles that are none singing (SOA) she has said that in the past but she also has/ wants to keep working and gaining experience ergo New Years Eve and voice over work.    Also a FYI - the NYE character was not suppose to sing more than a part of a song,  the director came to  her later and requested she do  another song all by herself. 

It's a moot point IMO...

Such iconic Broadway singing stars as Audra MacDonald was in a Sondra Rhimes drama for 5 years, Patti Lupone back in the day did a TV drama for about 4-5 years, Bernadette Peters has done extensive non singing  TV roles in her career,  as is even now Aaron Vdeit and Jonathan Groff.  Add Victor Garber, Christian Borle, Sutton Foster, the list goes on and on and on...

TV dramas/comedies are sprinkled fairly liberally with Broadway singing stars transitioning to nonsinging roles, hell look at any Law and Order episode.

Lauren Benanti has been cast in a lot of TV roles,  though she hasn't had the luck to have a show with legs, yet she has no problems transitioning from the stage to TV back and forth.

The notion that ONLY Lea MIchele will be typecast in  singing roles in the last 25 years of all the Broadway/musical  stars who cross over to other genres  is just plain ludicrous IMO.

Edited by caracas1914

It's a moot point IMO...

Such iconic Broadway singing stars as Audra MacDonald was in a Sondra Rhimes drama for 5 years, Patti Lupone back in the day did a TV drama for about 4-5 years, Bernadette Peters has done extensive non singing  TV roles in her career,  as is even now Aaron Vdeit and Jonathan Groff.  Add Victor Garber, Christian Borle, Sutton Foster, the list goes on and on and on...

TV dramas/comedies are sprinkled fairly liberally with Broadway singing stars transitioning to nonsinging roles, hell look at any Law and Order episode.

Lauren Benanti has been cast in a lot of TV roles,  though she hasn't had the luck to have a show with legs, yet she has no problems transitioning from the stage to TV back and forth.

The notion that ONLY Lea MIchele will be typecast in  singing roles in the last 25 years of all the Broadway/musical  stars who cross over to other genres  is just plain ludicrous IMO.

No one is saying ONLY Lea would or coud be typecast but that she may be typecast . Also  no one is saying she would be typecast because she was a singer on bway.    All those people you have mention did not go on to get more famous from tv due to singing on tv.  They transition to non musical roles from Bway Lea did not.  That is the difference.     I do not think the singing part is why she could be typecast only  but also the good girl teen part.  But the singing is still what she is know for as much if not more than the acting.    IMO.

I were trying to say she does need to transition to non singing roles to help diversify her chances.   

I were trying to say she does need to transition to non singing roles to help diversify her chances.

I don't disagree but another reason  I think it's a moot point is that there are no other "Glee" TV shows in the immediate horizon for her, and as others have said,  move musicals are not that frequent.  Even if Ryan Murphy gets around to doing "Funny Girl" as a stage show or movie, realistically that would take 2 + plus years at this point.

Lea is a smart girl, she's has the part in "Sons Of Anarchy" that may get extended to a couple more episodes, and just to survive in the business she has to take non singing roles, she has no choice.  If she only wants singing roles she is going to be a very long time between gigs or just go back to Broadway, but  somehow I don't think Lea is all that career naive.  Moreover  she has an acting  Emmy nomination for Glee and that's nothing to sneeze about in the business, if that's not enough to get her foot in the door for other roles, I don't know what is.

Once she is off Glee and gets offered only singing roles or teenage roles (and sorry but seriously she will only get typecast as a teenager in her late 20s, I love Lea but she doesn't look that young...)  then we can talk about how Glee specifically has trapped her in some sort of career typecasting stasis.  Yet the "Sons of Anarchy" disputes that even now.

I have no problem with the notion that Lea may never get another as iconic or  strongly identified role as the singing Rachel, but that's more that the odds are  against anyone getting more than one hit TV show or role.   Non singing roles and offers should come, but it's the roll of dice how successful any of those will be for her.

Edited by caracas1914

I don't disagree but another reason  I think it's a moot point is that there are no other "Glee" TV shows in the immediate horizon for her, and as others have said,  move musicals are not that frequent.  Even if Ryan Murphy gets around to doing "Funny Girl" as a stage show or movie, realistically that would take 2 + plus years at this point.

Lea is a smart girl, she's has the part in "Sons Of Anarchy" that may get extended to a couple more episodes, and just to survive in the business she has to take non singing roles, she has no choice.  If she only wants singing roles she is going to be a very long time between gigs or just go back to Broadway, but  somehow I don't think Lea is all that career naive.  Moreover  she has an acting  Emmy nomination for Glee and that's nothing to sneeze about in the business, if that's not enough to get her foot in the door for other roles, I don't know what is.

Once she is off Glee and gets offered only singing roles or teenage roles (and sorry but seriously she will only get typecast as a teenager in her late 20s, I love Lea but she doesn't look that young...)  then we can talk about how Glee specifically has trapped her in some sort of career typecasting stasis.  Yet the "Sons of Anarchy" disputes that even now.

I have no problem with the notion that Lea may never get another as iconic or  strongly identified role as the singing Rachel, but that's more that the odds are  against anyone getting more than one hit TV show or role.   Non singing roles and offers should come, but it's the roll of dice how successful any of those will be for her.

Still just off on my point. It is not that she will only get cast as teen age girl or a singer but she will not be seriously considered cause they do not think of her as something other than a teen ager or singer.     People may not think she can't do something else is the prolbem.  Like the SOA is a prime example.  People saw  that and thought glee and thought song and dancing not even knowing she started acting in darker roles way before glee.  Or many articles when they show Lea in a sexy dress they  act shocked that Lea is wearing a low plunging neckline when she has been doing that since 2010 or before.  

Again it may not be a problem but  the reaction to just a guest spot made me think it could be. at least until she can get a few  different roles under her belt.  

I already said Lea knows and wants to do non singing roles.   Plus the SOA will not be extended since it is the last seaosn and they are almost done filming.

Edited by tom87
It is not that she will only get cast as teen age girl or a singer but she will not be seriously considered cause they do not think of her as something other than a teen ager or singer.     People may not think she can't do something else is the prolbem.

Got your point.

It's s not Lea's choices, but that  the industry is going to typecast her from Glee.  Ok, still don't agree but sure, it's a possibility.

How many different kinds of characters has Jennifer Aniston played since Friends went off the air?  Hollywood is an insanely unimaginative place.  I can see Hollywood not giving Michele the opportunity to play much of anything but hyper-ambitious, win-at-any-cost kind of roles, at least for the foreseeable future.

In some ways, Darren, Jenna, Kevin and Chord may have an easier road in that there was nothing terribly pigeon-holey about the characters they play on Glee.

Edited by Myrna123
How many different kinds of characters has Jennifer Aniston played since Friends went off the air? 

That's her own role choice as much as options.  Aniston is a zillionaire, and could have spent the last decade doing indie/small movies that gave her the opportunity to stretch, had she wanted to.  I'm sure there are tons of up-and-coming filmmakers who'd love the chance to get the publicity/backing of working with her.  Somebody at her level is really not comparable with anyone on Glee in terms of what their options are.

Edited by SeanC
Personally I think it's also about luck too, being in the right place and the right time  for  the right project.

Late to the discussion but I just wanted to agree with this. This exactly. I get that people have their favorites and everyone always wants to believe their favorite will be the one who will be a superstar and be the true breakout but the reality is, having watched many shows and followed fandoms where fans always thought their favorite was going to be the next big thing and it never happened, I really think it is fruitless to say with certainty who will or won't have a career after Glee. I also think it is a little ridiculous to state that if some have nothing immediately on the horizon after the show ends then that is absolutely it for them. How many actors have had their career slow down and then they get that right role and things turn around for them again completely.

As others have noted, who exactly predicted Jared Leto to be the Oscar winner from My So Called Life, especially considering the string of successes Claire Danes had after the show ended. And Dawson's Creek - where the main stars of the show were James Van Der Beek and Katie Holmes and Joshua Jackson. I remember back then a lot of the critics did say that there was something special about Michelle Willams but I can tell you, most people pegged Katie and Joshua to be the huge stars when it was all said and done. Yeah Michelle has left them all in the dust with her three Academy Award nominations and highly respected movie career. Moving away from shows, look at how Jennifer Lawrence seemed to come out of nowhere and snatch all the young actresses' shine. For a moment all the hype was around Emma Stone and Kristen Stewart. They were supposed to be the next big thing. 

Then a fairly unknown 19 year old did a little indie movie no one saw but the critics absolutely loved and got an Oscar nomination for it. And a year later she signed on for the movie adaptation of Hunger Games, a guaranteed smash since no matter how shitty those YA movies are, they make money from fans of the books (see Twilight). And turns out the films were awesome. And then she started working with David O'Russell and then she won an Oscar. Now she's THE young female star in Hollywood. You just never know with these things. I honestly wouldn't even blink to see one of the newbie kids in a few years become a big deal in Hollywood. Especially because unpopular opinion perhaps, I never thought the actors were so awful anyway and frankly thought they were done a disservice more by the awful writing than lack of ability. 

So the fact is you just never know. Maybe the ones expected to be stars will or maybe it'll be someone unexpected or hell maybe it'll be none of them. I also think sometimes success is measured as one thing. In other words many are focusing on films or big screen stardom whereas I think if Amber for example becomes a huge deal in music, I would consider that success. And if Chris finds success as a writer and producer, I would think that is impressive and hell if some land a very successful Primetime show I would think that is impressive. Primetime is in itself its own success and when you have Oscar winners/nominees like Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson and Viola Davis doing Primetime/Cable shows, there is definitely no shame in that. 

The fact is the entertainment industry is a tough, tough business and I don't think there is one true magic formula for success. Sure talent is important but let's face it, how many people become super successful with only a modicum of talent. It really seems to be a combination of talent, timing and luck. And some people never truly get that amazing break and others just seem to hit at the right time and everything just falls in place. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I can see Chord especially getting cast in another Ryan Murphy vehicle, whether it be American Horror Story or some other show.   I can also see him as a stock player for those shows.  You always hear that Ryan and everyone on the production end loves the guy.

Edited by vb68

Could be, but he's so generic and basic that Ryan and Company could hire another white bread actor of the 50.000 available.

Damn seems like that is the standard description when people refer to Chord Overstreet. I mean I've seen lots of people refer to him as such. I'm sure all actors want to be noticed I'm sure though that this is probably not the way they would prefer. He probably will star in one of Ryan's other vehicles, I mean he's demonstrated that he'll do all the craziness that might he asked of him. Its unfortunate, every time he acted like he had a brain on Glee they would destroy his development and write him back as a throw away line and take him back to zero!

I like Chord as an actor. I think the writing for Sam is, well... not great, but I've always found that Chord does well with both the comedic and dramatic sides to his character. I always thought he was underrated amongst the cast. He's one of the few people that can consistently make me laugh, even if it is just something he's doing in the background or a reaction shot. Plus, I loved his homelessness storyline and acting in "Rumours" and wish they had explored that more (but of course they didn't).

• Love 1

Great news for Matt. I bet he's happy knowing that glee is ending soon and he has a definite date to return to Broadway.

I don't mind Chord's acting. I wonder if he will stay with acting or pursue music full time.

I definitely would not be surprised to see several glee alums on AHS next season.

• Love 1

Ryan is going to have three anthology series by next Fall on the air, I wouldn't be surprised if he uses some Glee cast for roles, and it's to be expected.  That's pretty common in the business to use actors you've worked with previously.

Jane Lynch in particular I think would be great in "American Horror Story".

Fantastic news about Matt returning to Broadway, I suspect he's really missed the stage.  It's close to  7 years since his last Broadway role.

Edited by caracas1914

That would be awesome.  All kidding aside.  I was watching some first season episodes a few weeks back and I forgot how talented of a dancer Dijon is.  I would say he is right up there with Jacob.  

Edited by camussie

That would be awesome. All kidding aside. I was watching some first season episodes a few weeks back and I forgot how talented of a dancer Dijon is. I would say he is right up there with Jacob.

There was a nice balance with him and Harry in season 1, especially when they performed with Matt Morrison. It never really happened again except for the rare occasions Harry and Jacob were together in seasons 4 and 5.

(edited)

That would be awesome. All kidding aside. I was watching some first season episodes a few weeks back and I forgot how talented of a dancer Dijon is. I would say he is right up there

with Jacob.

I'd personally add Matt and Harry to that list, but I agree. The former usually only gets to show off his trained dancing skills outside the show, though.

Edited by Sara2009

Obviously Harry is the most talented dancer on the show which is why I didn't mention him.  To me that goes without saying.  After him I would put Jacob, Dijon, and Matt.  As for females Heather is the stand out with Jenna and Becca both being pretty good as well.    

There was a nice balance with him and Harry in season 1, especially when they performed with Matt Morrison. It never really happened again except for the rare occasions Harry and Jacob were together in seasons 4 and 5.

Dancing has always been the show's weak spot especially when they tried to tell me that some characters were good dancers when they were passable at best (I am looking at you Rachel and season 2-3 Sam).  

Edited by camussie

Obviously Harry is the most talented dancer on the show which is why I didn't mention him. To me that goes without saying. After him I would put Jacob, Dijon, and Matt.

I'm not sure Harry is better, but his dancing just feels completely different to the others. I think Jacob and Matt look more trained (which they are) and more traditional dancers, even when they're doing they same moves.

Did that make sense?

(edited)

If I were to rank them in terms of pure technical ability, I'd probably put Matt/Jacob first and then Harry and Dijon.

All four of them are fantastic, however, so it might be unfair for me to rank them.

Edited by Sara2009