Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

Another World

22 hours ago, Jaded said:

When he made appearances on GH in 2013/14 he was awful acting wise. His character was supposed to be a bad guy but wow seeing his behavior in scenes was like watching a bad soap parody.

Interesting clip...and you're totally right. His acting (and what seemed like a bad attempt at an accent) was on par with a soap parody. OTOH, I watched the entire 4:50 minutes, and now I need to know what the outcome of that story was 😂 

Did (Stavros?) succeed with the implantation? Did the pretty blond (don't know the actress' name) have his baby? Enquiring minds need to know the end of this 6 year old storyline😄

The guy who played her husband looks like a young Stefan from Days.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

That was Days but he also sexually harrassed his coworkers and KA, LR etc teamed up to get rid of him.

In addition to LR and KA, didn't Alison Sweeney's parents pull her from the show for a while when he started up with Miriam Parrish since they were about the same age?  The official line is that he and Miriam officially started dating when she was 18 (and he 31) but I think there were rumors that it started earlier.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

In addition to LR and KA, didn't Alison Sweeney's parents pull her from the show for a while when he started up with Miriam Parrish since they were about the same age?  The official line is that he and Miriam officially started dating when she was 18 (and he 31) but I think there were rumors that it started earlier.

Yep which is why Sami ran away and ended up in Seattle taken in by some chick named Ashley who was played by Tara Reid(that part I remember vividly). Then Sami returns pregnant to crash Austin/Carrie's wedding.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:26 AM, MsTree said:

Interesting clip...and you're totally right. His acting (and what seemed like a bad attempt at an accent) was on par with a soap parody.

He was almost as bad over a longer duration when he played Stavros during the "Endgame" story in 2001. The character had to be unthawed from frozen status for the story to begin, and some people on boards were calling him "The Ice Dork." Oh, memories.  

The only redeeming feature was Constance Towers's performance as his mother, Helena. She really committed to what seemed a mother-on-son crush. I'll never forget her stroking RKK's naked chest while making little ecstatic-cooing noises.  

On 9/12/2019 at 3:26 AM, MsTree said:

OTOH, I watched the entire 4:50 minutes, and now I need to know what the outcome of that story was 😂 

Did (Stavros?) succeed with the implantation? Did the pretty blond (don't know the actress' name) have his baby? Enquiring minds need to know the end of this 6 year old storyline😄

The pretty blonde is Lulu Spencer Falconeri (Emme Rylan), daughter of Luke and Laura. Yes and no on whether it worked. It didn't seem so at the time, but years later they revealed she had had a daughter as a result of the embryo-implantation hijinks. But the father-donor was not Stavros, but another Cassadine, Valentin, who is one of the show's villains now. He's played by the guy on Seinfeld who would go into a trance when he heard "Desperado," if that gives you a face. You should come and enjoy/suffer with us! There aren't many soaps left; we have to take what we can get. Ha ha.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

You should come and enjoy/suffer with us! There aren't many soaps left; we have to take what we can get. Ha ha.

Thanks so much for the explanation and follow-up to my questions. The part about stroking RKK's chest just gave me the creeps. 😬

I currently watch B&B (since '97) and Days (since the beginning), along with the new Dynasty and Grand Hotel (nighttime soaps). I'm not sure I can take another one, but thanks for the invitation.

• Like 2

The only redeeming feature was Constance Towers's performance as his mother, Helena.

I loved her in that role. She knew how to dish out super-bitchy lines. I''ll never forget this one to Elizabeth:

"Three children, by three different men, not married to any of them. You're ripe for welfare!"

Edited by Hiyo

How did Jamie leave the show? It must have been around the time he and Marley were together, right? Did the rape cause them to break up..?

I only knew that RKK had gotten involved with a really young woman on Days who he ended up marrying. I didn't know anything else about Diva Behavior. It's strange, because he definitely had a presence on both Days and Another World and was obviously very handsome and charismatic. You would think with everything he had going for him he would just be polite to people and not ruffle any feathers. He could have had a very long career in soaps.

Thanks for explaining that bit about the show possibly pairing up Amanda and Jake again. In watching old clips online, I saw some where it seemed like Amanda and Jake were getting close again and others where it seemed Amanda and Shane were getting close. I didn't hate the actress who played Amanda during that time, but she just was saddled with such bad stories. Her pretending to be Sidney Prescott and creating a fake affair for Carl was gross and Matt covering it up wasn't any better. (Interesting how Iris was villifed for going to extreme lengths to stop Rachel's marriage to Carl, and yet Matt and Amanda went to similar extremes a short while later, and Iris' name never came up. Yes, I'm still a little bitter that Iris wasn't brought back after being sent off to jail.)

But then Amanda just also seemed like this woman who couldn't get a date to save her life, either from Jake or Shane. In the span of a couple of years she went from being a powerful CEO type with a young daughter and a senator for husband, to a gal with no responsibilities and no man who people seemed to either look down on or pity. I'm so glad Sandra Ferguson came back because things seem to completely turn around once she did.

I have to admit she always seemed very happy on screen. She had a wonderful smile and I liked how much she looked like Victoria Wyndham while still looking unique.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:14 AM, Hiyo said:

I loved her in that role. She knew how to dish out super-bitchy lines. I''ll never forget this one to Elizabeth:

"Three children, by three different men, not married to any of them. You're ripe for welfare!"

While that line is accurate it bugged me because Sonny has how many kids by how many different women? The women tend to be slut shamed in soaps though... 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, Irlandesa said:

He also sexually harassed Crystal Chappel who played Carly.  It was more sexual assault than harassment. They would block  love scenes during rehearsal with the director  and everything was fine. Once they were taping them, he would touch her in places that she said that only her husband had a right to..It is why she left the show and Carly was quickly written out with Lawrence. She also said she did not say anything to higher ups because she felt that nobody would believe her and she feared reprisals. She said had Peter Reckel had never left the show as Bo, she would not have left. I often wonder how Bo/Carly would have been like when Hope came back from the dead. Not to mention, what trajectory Billie would have had as a character. She was ruined during the Krista Allen years when she played Billie.

• Like 2