Type keyword(s) to search

Character Discussion: Mauve and Red Shirts

She looks like Mikasa with some Christa overtones. :)

I think there are a few more episodes left in the season. I pretty impressed with the characters who've survived so far. I think the one who surprised me most was Jean. He starts off wanting to join the MPs and be safe in the center, but the battle for Trost affected him so deeply, he joined the scouts. I still think he'd be in a court martial in the real world...

I think the character that I want to know more about is Ymir. She spoke maybe two sentences in the beginning about using people for favors and such and then nothing. Sasha too, but because she amuses me and I think out of all the characters, she's the most normal one.

I think the character with the most potential to outlast everyone though is Armin. He's the exposition fairy (no pun intended and certainly no offense intended either) so far. He's also quite the strategist as well. He was already thinking about dumping the bodies before Levi even rode up and ordered them to do so this past episode.

I really think this cast of characters has been interesting. I wonder if I would like everyone as much if I read the manga. I've heard "flat" characters being bandied about, but it seems no one really lasts long that's not EMA or leadership.

Edited by PrincessEnnui