Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Cranberry

20/20

13 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Donna's mother looks so much like Judith Light, and Rebecca reminded me of Evan Rachel Wood. If they ever turn their story into a movie, that's who has to play them. 

11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And Ira (Donnah's father) looked like Rudy Giuliani. 

I thought the mother looked like Nancy Pelosi, and the father like Rudy Giuliani, both minus 10 years or so.

And I couldn't help wondering (even though it has no bearing on the case) about Bailey's birth mother.  It sounded like it was a local young girl who gave up her baby for adoption, so it's hard to imagine that she (and possibly the birth father) weren't aware of all this going on.  Just another layer of, I want to say drama, but that almost trivializes it.  I have to wonder if at any point they reconnected.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I was wondering... about Bailey's birth mother.  It sounded like it was a local young girl who gave up her baby for adoption. 

Are you in my head? I was literally coming here to make this point! It's possible that by the age of 6 months, she had 3 mothers who loved her! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I wish there was more information on why they went through with the adoption if he was cheating on his wife.  I'd also like more info on the best friend of the wife he killed who he was having an affair with.

She must have been livid when he married the nanny and not her.

My take on it is: Mark wanted his own biological children. He agreed to go along with the adoption while he was plotting how to get rid of his wife and move on with someone who wasn't barren. Deanne knew or at least suspected that he had killed Donnah, so she turned her back on him instead of moving in, marrying him and having children as he had planned. That is why he moved on to Rebecca. She was just conveniently there by that time.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/17/2021 at 4:31 AM, mamadrama said:

And Ira (Donnah's father) looked like Rudy Giuliani. 

Absolutely...I couldn't believe the resemblance!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

Absolutely...I couldn't believe the resemblance!

Not just the resemblance, by he had his mannersims too when he spoke and gesticalated.

• Like 7

On 4/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, howiveaddict said:

I've been thinking about this case for several days and found it odd that I can't recall ANY family members from Mark's side of the family giving interviews for the show!  Where were his mother/father/siblings??  Usually the production crew can enlist some family member to talk about the formative/adult years of a person who obviously turned out to be a sociopath:  MARK WINGER!

Having worked on the defense side of the criminal justice system for YEARS I can categorically say that sociopaths don't emerge one day in adulthood to commit such heinous crimes!  There are always signs and symptoms that, upon reflection, parents/siblings/friends may recall.  There has been a lot of research done in this area and I've studied a lot of it.  The continuing pathology of him hiring a hit man to knock off a childhood friend who refused to post bail $$$ for him from prison speaks to the depths of his depravity.  

I feel very sorry for the surviving children as I hope they are receiving the mental health services they will need to cope with their genetic legacy (with the exception of Bailey) of their bio father's anti-social behavior and criminal history.  Its never easy for the children (regardless of whether or not they physically sever from him or not) to live with and effectively interpret their response to their parents' marriage and all the fallout from Rebecca's and Mark's union and Mark's subsequent horrendous criminal behavior.

I was also interested in why this wasn't considered a death penalty case (if they have the death penalty in Illlinois--maybe it's been eliminated?) because of the premeditation and heinous nature of the actual murder and dragging in and killing another innocent victim, Roger.  If anyone deserved the death penalty, from my experience, Mark Winger certainly did on the basis of his atrocious crimes!

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

17 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I've been thinking about this case for several days and found it odd that I can't recall ANY family members from Mark's side of the family giving interviews for the show!  Where were his mother/father/siblings??  Usually the production crew can enlist some family member to talk about the formative/adult years of a person who obviously turned out to be a sociopath:  MARK WINGER!

Having worked on the defense side of the criminal justice system for YEARS I can categorically say that sociopaths don't emerge one day in adulthood to commit such heinous crimes!  There are always signs and symptoms that, upon reflection, parents/siblings/friends may recall.  There has been a lot of research done in this area and I've studied a lot of it.  The continuing pathology of him hiring a hit man to knock off a childhood friend who refused to post bail $$$ for him from prison speaks to the depths of his depravity.  

I feel very sorry for the surviving children as I hope they are receiving the mental health services they will need to cope with their genetic legacy (with the exception of Bailey) of their bio father's anti-social behavior and criminal history.  Its never easy for the children (regardless of whether or not they physically sever from him or not) to live with and effectively interpret their response to their parents' marriage and all the fallout from Rebecca's and Mark's union and Mark's subsequent horrendous criminal behavior.

I was also interested in why this wasn't considered a death penalty case (if they have the death penalty in Illlinois--maybe it's been eliminated?) because of the premeditation and heinous nature of the actual murder and dragging in and killing another innocent victim, Roger.  If anyone deserved the death penalty, from my experience, Mark Winger certainly did on the basis of his atrocious crimes!

Death penalty was repealed in Illinois in 2011.  He's never getting out with life without possibility of parole plus the 35 years tacked on for the hitman.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

It was really a heartbreaking story. I live in Illinois and I remember when it was all over the news. I cried at how they questioned the little boy and again when the murderer said she cried for her daddy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Lately it seems we get more and more stories about wrongful convictions and botched police investigations.  Instead of saying “The spouse did it” 5 minutes into the broadcast, I find myself saying “What evidence did the cops miss/ ignore?” 

There should be funds in small town police and district attorneys budgets to call in more experienced investigators immediately when a murder happens.  The local police don’t seem to have the experience or text book knowledge to handle these cases.  FFS, don’t any of them ever watch shows like 20/20 or Dateline???In poor little Riley’s case, the cops had the goddamn shoes of the murderer with his @&#$* initials in them!  WTF? 

Thank God for that defense lawyer Kevin had representing him!  

I sure hope that evil bitch who interviewed that little boy lost her job.  Her questioning was a shit show from the jump.  Who allows a child to cry and sob uncontrollably for that long?

That whole family suffered additional unnecessary pain because of the shoddy investigation tactics. That district attorney who lead the persecution of Kevin should be ashamed of himself.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

About last nights’ case...all because of a broken door.  Breaks my heart. 

My first and last thought about this tragedy, as well....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Lately it seems we get more and more stories about wrongful convictions and botched police investigations.  Instead of saying “The spouse did it” 5 minutes into the broadcast, I find myself saying “What evidence did the cops miss/ ignore?” 

There should be funds in small town police and district attorneys budgets to call in more experienced investigators immediately when a murder happens.  The local police don’t seem to have the experience or text book knowledge to handle these cases.  FFS, don’t any of them ever watch shows like 20/20 or Dateline???In poor little Riley’s case, the cops had the goddamn shoes of the murderer with his @&#$* initials in them!  WTF? 

Thank God for that defense lawyer Kevin had representing him!  

I sure hope that evil bitch who interviewed that little boy lost her job.  Her questioning was a shit show from the jump.  Who allows a child to cry and sob uncontrollably for that long?

That whole family suffered additional unnecessary pain because of the shoddy investigation tactics. That district attorney who lead the persecution of Kevin should be ashamed of himself.

Like the mother said everyone is human and makes mistakes, including detectives.  But that was just too much.  It wasn’t initials in the shoes  — I believe it was his full last name! Luckily the father didn’t  spend too much time in jail.  

I watch a lot of these shows and wasn’t familiar with the case.

i had a relative that purposely left her purse and money on the entry table in case someone broke in.  I think the perpetrator did say if they had anything monetary he would have just taken it and left.  Rest In Peace little one.

10 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

About last nights’ case...all because of a broken door.  Breaks my heart. 

....and the fact that he didn’t leave the kids at his mother-in-law’s home.  So foolish to pick them up at 1:30 a.m.  

• Sad 1

He had no way to know something like that would happen. Maybe the MIL needed to go somewhere the next day. I don’t blame the parents at all, the rapist psycho is 100 % to blame here .

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

He had no way to know something like that would happen. Maybe the MIL needed to go somewhere the next day. I don’t blame the parents at all, the rapist psycho is 100 % to blame here .

Absolutely.  A broken door isn't to blame either.  Psycho Rapist had evil in his heart (if he even has one other than crying for himself) and is using the excuse that it was just supposed to be a simple burglary but there nothing of value, so I took the most valuable thing they had.  Thing.  Not child, human being, little girl.  He just wants to appear more pathetic for sympathy and blame the victim(s) (who were the parents).  How do you go from stealing something of value to sexual assault of a baby and then snuff that life out unless you're evil?  LWOP is too good for this monster.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1