Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore

via TV.com

Juliette’s new song, "Don’t Put Dirt on My Grave Just Yet", catches the ear of a high-powered, hit-making producer, Howie V. He wants to make her a superstar and brings her to Los Angeles to record, but he marginalizes Glenn in the process. Meanwhile, Rayna takes charge with stoicism in the aftermath of recent events, and Scarlett feels lost and alone but finds Liam to be a receptive confidante.

The Rayna/Deacon scenes in this episode certainly hinted that they weren't done.  The unspoken conversation which tells us so much about their relationship is very well portrayed.  When Rayna opens the door and Deacon tells her " he doesn't much care for being hung up on", she says "I know", all I hear is "that's why I hung up on you, so you would come check on me even though I said I was fine.  But she is Rayna through and through, so of course she has to get a little dig in and remind him "you haven't been here for a long time".  Both of the actors really nailed this scene.  Chemistry and a long-term complicated relationship are (I think) easier to show if it's an emotionally charged scene, but this scene of quiet support, especially when one person doesn't want to acknowledge their need of the support, was filled with their history and that requires major acting chops.