Type keyword(s) to search

Testifying: Best litigant quotes.

Milz
  • Start Topic

On 11/9/2014 at 9:20 AM, TheBud said:

Defendant:"My name's not Cathy"

You know there's a lack of awareness and/or intellect when they misunderstand "Chatty Cathy", but are at ease with, "Shut up Dumbass!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/4/2016 at 5:06 AM, break21 said:

Too many dog cases.  People's Court is going through the same thing.  I'm getting to the point, if it's dog case, I turn the channel.

How true! I get so bored with the dog cases (yet I am amused when the people begin attributing feelings and forethought to their animals.).

However, has anyone else noticed that JJ follows the wind on different days with regards to her off-leash dog park rulings? 

I've seen her dismiss a case because dogs will be dogs and the plaintiff took a risk by bringing his dog to an unfamiliar off-leash park. Yet two days later, the defendant had to pay the vet bill because he did not have control of his dog, at the off-leash park, when his dog treated the plaintiff's dog like a chew toy.  Then there's the case where they had to split the bill because they were both at the spot where the fight and attack happened, and each was pulling back on their dog.

Seriously, people need to quit flooding the courts with these vet bill claims and find their own solutions e.g. make an effort to split the bill. Quit wasting taxpayer's money.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2016 at 10:50 AM, AuntiePam said:

Wow.  I didn't catch that.  Let's hope she misspoke.  The brother might have wanted it, but didn't do anything to make it happen.  Did the brother say anything at all? 

Was this the case where we learned he hadn't disclosed all the monies he had handled on behalf of parents. JJ asked about any insurance policies and he acknowledged cashing one in, so the sisters were awarded $3000+, but it was clear the brother sold the parents' home and spent the $$ on funeral and bills. No will, no proof of bad accounting (aside from not lying when JJ directly asked about insurance claims.)

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 3:39 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

My personal favorite is "Um is not an answer!"

Add to that

JJ "Don't tell me what the policeman 'told you'. That's hearsay!"

Plaintiff - "Okay. So the cop said..."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, gingerormaryann said:

Rerun today.  JJ really intensely dislike a plaintiff that she was going to grand the judgement to and then gives a list of what she thinks she is:  "unladylike, unneighborly, foul mouthed, bad tempered...(to the son) what's so funny?"  Son: "You just, like, named off all the things she is".  Even JJ laughed.

I'm sick at home with the flu so thanks JJ for cheering me up.

I think about this a lot.  Lol  I have tried to find a clip, but no luck. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2