Type keyword(s) to search

Kristen Taekman: At Least She's Pretty

• Start Topic

I thought citing Jonathan as an example of Heather's bossiness was very authentic. Too authentic for this show to be honest. Because it is true to a point.

I absolutely agree that the moment and the sentiment was authentic and I want more of that. It's just that I'm not convinced that Kristen is at all comfortable being that 'real' and confrontational. Totally looking forward to this season.

Bethenny does or says something that pisses off Heather. "Bethenny called me a bossy pants bitch who wants to be in charge and control everything.

Can you believe that Kristen?" "Err....well yeah kinda.....because you kinda are Heather."

BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see Bethenny do a head bobbin', finger waggin' imitation of Heather, complete with Em Effers. Heads will roll and so will I. On the floor and my butt will be off.
  • Love 3

I think Kristin is the most "real" on this franchise. She let us see her flawed marriage and her vulnerable side more than the others IMHO.

On a different subject.....her friendship with Brandi was mentioned and some wondered if that will make a difference where Bethenny is concerned. Bethenny is also good friends with Kyle Richards. Hmm so I wonder if that will make a difference too?

• Love 3

I'm getting whiplash. So, Kristen didn't tweet anything about Bethenny joining the show (Horrors!) so it must mean that she's not going to get along with Bethenny? But, wait, Kristen got upset with Heather in Montana, so that means that she'll decide that Bethenny is really the friend for her and then be up Bethenny's bum?

• Love 2
By that I mean they will force her to take a side. By "they" I mean Heather.

Heather has never forced any of the other ladies to do anything, so I'm not sure why that would be an expectation for next season.

I want to see Bethenny do a head bobbin',...

Well, given she looks like an actual Bobblehead, that should come easily for her.

I think you saw Heather bully Kristen several times. Particularly on the rappelling where she wouldn't shut up even when Kristen was forcefully telling her to leave her alone. Or just on the trip to Montana generally. I think Heather sees Kristen as just the empty headed model wife of her fellow student from the douche academy of business ethics. Heather also went after Aviva very forcefully when she got into it with Carole and in her first season was all up in the Moaner's grill from the get go. Heather is no shrinking violet but rather a control freak who wants things to go her way. Just like Bethenny. So they are bound to clash because that is how Satan Andy set it up.

The only question is how everyone else is going to line up. That is the way the "Game of Housewives" is played. Theresa vs. Melissa and now Theresa vs. the Twins. Nene vs. Kim, Kenya vs. Phaedra, Gretchen vs. Tamara, Alexis vs. Tamara/Heather, Shannon vs. Heather, Lisa vs. Adrienne, Lisa vs. Kyle, Lisa vs. Brandi/Yolanda etc and so forth. With the first and the worst being Jill vs. Bethenny.

Every show has a central conflict and the peripherals either chime in or they are marginalized and become one and done and out like Joyce and Carlton were on Beverly Hills this past season. You have to bring the crazy and jump right in and mix it up if you want to secure your place. Not that it is a sure thing. Nobody brought the crazy like Aviva but you must have a semblance of likability otherwise it is not worth it and nobody will film with you. People like Peggy and the vag bedazzler and Carlton tried to gin up conflict with the power players and were just laughed off the show. You have to get in there and mix it up but retains some audience popularity and relevance.

That is the way the "Game of Housewives" is played. What makes anyone think that this season of NYC will be any different?

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 6

I think Kristen loves dead Elvis more than she does Josh. 

I snorted when I saw the pic attached to this tweet

10 years later... I Still Do :) @jmtaekman amazing party tonight luv u always and forever @elvis thank you for the amazing present! ! Nite nite #Elvis #RHONY http://instagram.com/p/uuMcaUAfWF/?modal=true

I agree with Trooper York, the team mentality is how the game is played. I just disagree that the conflict will come about organically. I am almost certain there would be production manipulations. 

• Love 1

I just posted in one of the other threads that since only 2 of the 7 Housewives are married this season, that we won't have the additional drama of the guys sticking their noses in like they do in every other franchise. Atlanta and NJ probably being the worst but even BH had the guys throwing in their 2 cents often. OC, too. Hmmm. I think the girls in NYC are on their own this season. Maybe they'll all band together and do the women supporting women thing. Now THAT would be different!

• Love 1
I think you saw Heather bully Kristen several times.

Actually, I didn't. Heather is a control freak, but that's not mutually exclusive to bullying or forcing another to do something against their will, which I don't recall Heather ever doing on the show.

• Love 1

Seriously? Because I thought I saw Heather try to bully just about everyone except for Carole last season. Of course this is the new definition of bullying (TM Alexis of the OC) but still. 

Heather and Bethenny are both very opinionated control freaks who emasculate their partners and think they are always right. They are fated to be in conflict. 

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

• Love 3

Seriously?

Yes, seriously. I didn't see any of the women forcibly being made to do or say something they didn't want to because of Heather's presence. Your mileage of one being a bully obviously varies, no big whoop.

• Love 1

Remove "Josh" in the sentence and what's left that sounds right is correct: "I think that she is really" (in love with each other but not everyone is all peaches and rainbows.) Well, the last part makes it cumbersome but you get the drift.

• Love 1

I don't hate Kristen.  That's the prob with her.  She's not interesting enough to feel much of anything bout her at all.  I suspect she's gonna be trying very hard to make some sort of impact -- to keep herself on the show.  Honestly, I'm really not looking forward to seeing her dickhead husband again.

Let's just say she bothers me less than all the others.  So that must make her my favorite? LOL.  She's probably very sweet but imo, tries too hard to fit in with the cool kids.  And she deserves better than what she married.

The real head scratcher for me, is why she's such good friends with Brandi.  When I think about that too hard, I start getting all judge-y again.

• Love 1

"You're a snake."  Isn't that what Bethenny called Luann at the diner when they met to mend their differences about Luann leaving her with the bill for the surfing lesson? I don't see Luann rushing to be Beth's wingman.

I like Kristen. I think she is authentic in the words of the greatest loon HW ever Kelly Bensimon.  Yes, I agree, when Bethenny pisses her off like Heather did, we might get some doozies of insults.

ETA I know she just had another boob job, and that probably is the natural placement of her breasts, but dang, has Victoria Secret created such dysmorphia in America that we all think our breasts should be under our chin?

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 1

"You're a snake."  Isn't that what Bethenny called Luann at the diner when they met to mend their differences about Luann leaving her with the bill for the surfing lesson? I don't see Luann rushing to be Beth's wingman.

I like Kristen. I think she is authentic in the words of the greatest loon HW ever Kelly Bensimon.  Yes, I agree, when Bethenny pisses her off like Heather did, we might get some doozies of insults.

ETA I know she just had another boob job, and that probably is the natural placement of her breasts, but dang, has Victoria Secret created such dysmorphia in America that we all think our breasts should be under our chin?

I think the snake thing came during the fight with Jill and Bethenny. I believe they were at a fashion show during fashion week and it was the first time that Jill and Bethenny had seen each other since Jill had started the rumor that Bethenny abandoned her during Bawby's surgery. Even though in actuality Bethenny was out of state for her book tour and had sent him flowers and a card hoping he would feel better soon. 

But, Bethenny and Luann had been cordial to each other since then. Even Luann had enough grace to congratulate Bethenny on her engagement. And after Scary Island, Luann did side with Bethenny over Kelly and found Bethenny's version of what happened to be much more believable. There wasn't even any real animosity between B and Lu at the reunion. So, considering the ups and downs of their history, I do think it is plausible that Luann wouldn't want to completely burn her bridges with Bethenny and the two may even have some sort of friendship based solely on how long they have know each other and worked together over the years.

• Love 1

Naw.  Bethenny called Luann the snake.  Jill merely needed a hobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eHKIQ0GVG0

That said, I'm going to stick with my gut that Luann and Bethenny will be bosom buddies this season. That is, until I change my mind. ;-P

I think you misunderstood. Bethenny called Luann a snake but it was during the fight with Jill storyline that it happened. The original post said it happened because Bethenny got stuck picking up Luann's tab. I was saying it took place at a fashion show during the Jill vs. Bethenny story line, which your youtube video verifies.

That clip's hilarious - I was wrong about the location.  Luann lets a lot roll off her back doesn't she.  Maybe she isn't the grudge holding type.  Probably why she has so much fun.

Lu let it roll in the moment, but she held on to that grudge all season long and demanded an apology before congratulating Bethenny on her engagement.

Edited by MatildaMoody

I think you misunderstood. Bethenny called Luann a snake but it was during the fight with Jill storyline that it happened.

Lu let it roll in the moment, but she held on to that grudge all season long and demanded an apology before congratulating Bethenny on her engagement.

My apologies.  I thought you meant Beth called Jill a snake.  Which that shoe fits, too.

I agree that Lu is a big grudge holder.  I think she wants to come off like she's a lady, a Countess With Class, who would never hold a beer bottle much less a grudge.  But we know she holds the former.  This season will prove if she holds the latter.

Let's face it. There can only be one queen bee. Now that Ramona has been sidelined who is going to step in to be the Evil Queen? The Shape Wear monster with her flying monkeys Carole and Kristen? The Skinny Cinderella who turns all of her fellas into mice? The drunken Toaster Oven Diva?

You make the call.

I will believe Ramona has been demoted when I actually see it. I'm my mind these are just rumors at this point. Bravo has said nothing. Even if she does become a "friend of", that doesn't mean she won't be all involved in the drama. Lu is an excellent example of this. If Ramona's story line is relevant and she gets all mixed up in the drama, we will see plenty of her. I still think the most likely scenerio is that Beth will forge the closest relationship with Ramona. They have a lot in common at this moment as both are finding themselves single after some very public ugliness.

I am looking forward to Beth's snark. She was the first HW to really do it well. I cannot wait to hear her thoughts on Sonja.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/11/07/photos-kristen-taekman-josh-taekman-renew-vows-real-housewives-new-york/

Didn't anyone warn her about the 'curse'?  She'll be single, too, by Season 9.

The article is contradictory IMO. Kristen would be better off if they believe in their own statement. 

On the shallow end of the pool, Josh's face looks like worn leather, I am sorry to say. For someone who should be shallow because of her career path, Kristen seems to not notice. He doesn't make it up in riches either. She must be genuinely in love with him.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

Wouldn't surprise me if it they were there, tons of Bravo overlap, but at the 25 minute mark it cuts from Tom and his two minions to at 25:02 a plate of pasta and than John Macdonald and than the Bon Apettite table.

(edited)

I'm re-watching the last season and I think I disliked Josh so much that I missed how annoying Kristen can be too. I think because she's not a big personality, and clashed with bigger personalities (like Ramona) it was easy to see her as the victim. But she can't let things go. (My God, enough already about your lip.) Busting Josh for going back to work after Kingsley's P/T session - well, at least he was there. My husband constantly travels for work and neither of us likes it much, but we understand that he is the primary breadwinner and puts the roof over our heads. There's no use busting him about it because he already feels badly on his own. When Kristen was talking to Josh in Montana about the thing with Heather, he was trying to get her to see another point of view and her response was "oh great. He's on Heather's side." Actually, he wasn't - he was trying to put the situation in perspective, as someone who understands Heather's Type-A personality. That seems to be Kristen's knee-jerk response - if you're not supporting me 100%, you're against me - without allowing for nuances or compromise.

Heather was a bitch during the geocaching thing, sure, but Kristen could have just said her piece and moved on. (Or just told them all that if they wanted to go back to the cabin and continue to drink, go right ahead and stop raining on my parade.) Bringing it into dinner and involving Jonathan was uncool. And as much as I hated Aviva, I don't know what Kristen hoped to do when she called Aviva out on the truthiness of the doctor's note.

Edited by archer1267

I was waiting to see the Dr and they had on the Home and Family show Kristen was on there.

She was bland and boring as always. Cristina Ferrare said something like I have lived in NYC and I have never seen women act like this, lol. Kristen tried to defend the women.... "Well when your around each other so much". She really couldn't say, hey, Cristina it's a show! It made me chuckle. She talked about Elvis and her blog but I missed most of that, nurse needed me to fill out another stack of paper work.

I felt bad for her while she did the cooking segment. I know Kristen is kind of an air head, but they treated her like a blithering idiot lol. She cracked an egg and Cristina actually said "wow look at you, way to go" lol.

I always find it fascinating watching howives on other non Bravo shows. Just to see how people react to them.

Just skimmed Kristen's fashion blog - Last Night's Look.  It's interesting - very plain but shows off her modeling ability and fashion sense.  She hot links each piece out so you can buy it.  Wonder if she has it set up so she gets a revenue stream based on clicks or purchases?  That would be smart.

I think her blog is a good idea. Lots of people do well with them and I'm surprised another HW hasn't stumbled on this idea before. It seems like a natural and her take on it merges the show and her fashion sense in a nice way. I hope she does well!

• Love 3

I think her blog is a good idea. Lots of people do well with them and I'm surprised another HW hasn't stumbled on this idea before. It seems like a natural and her take on it merges the show and her fashion sense in a nice way. I hope she does well!

I think maintaining a good blog requires more work than many of the HWs are willing to do.

Just skimmed Kristen's fashion blog - Last Night's Look.  It's interesting - very plain but shows off her modeling ability and fashion sense.  She hot links each piece out so you can buy it.  Wonder if she has it set up so she gets a revenue stream based on clicks or purchases?  That would be smart.

The links all go to shopstyle before they go to the actual store, so she gets paid when you click.  IDk how much though.  

I quite like Kristen and her style.  I know a lot of people find her boring, but I think it's good to have some less crazy to balance out the super crazy (Sonja, Ramona, etc)

Also, her nail polish line came out a few days ago at Ricky's.  https://instagram.com/p/21geqbAfc5/

• Love 2

I like the route Kristen is taking with her side projects. It all seems very much things she would be into. The blog seems fun even the nail polish some might think silly but I like it.

We don't need another wine/alcohol or cookbook from a housewife.

• Love 3

I actually find myself liking Kristen..I saw her on the online buzztv recap.show...and it was so cuts that she asked if swear words were allowed..and once they said sure...she said one swear word and that was it.

She seems smarter then people give her credit for. I think she's kind of bought into the idea that she's not as smart as she really is.

Does she feature clothes she wears in each episode of housewives on her blog? If so, that's a great idea.. because there are times my mom and other females I know always like what someone.is wearing and wants to know where to get that item. If she does that, awesome angle :)

• Love 3

She must have started featuring the clothes from this season because I searched high and low for the pants and top she wore to Heather's 10th anniversary last season to no avail. She was arguing with Josh on the way to the party but all I could think of where the heck can I find the exact outfit she's wearing. 

I wish her well with the nail polish line. The name is cute. 

She seems smarter then people give her credit for. I think she's kind of bought into the idea that she's not as smart as she really is

Did you see the look on her face when she tried to comfort Ramona by suggesting she got herself a young man too and Ramona told her she'd do that because she's shallow? She is very insecure and when she tries to go against how she's perceived she overcompensates. Think of "You'er BOSSY Heather" 

• Love 1