Type keyword(s) to search

Completionists Anonymous: I've Started So I'll Fini...

• Start Topic

Slightly off topic but I don't think it's always the accents. I think it might be a combination of sound (design?) and the actors. Lately I've been noticing that actors are a little mush-mouthed and/or there's all this background noise. Two examples I can think of off the top of my head are UnReal and Degrassi and those actors are American and Canadian. Bringing it back to being a completionist, I think that's part of the reason I am more likely to complete a show if the episodes are on hulu. I don't have to worry about missing bits of dialogue because I can watch it with the closed captions on.

I finally watched season 6 of Oz and not since Gilmore Girls have I regretted a final season more!

I'm on the fifth and final season (1983-84) of Hart to Hart, and I'm doing my best to try to finish that ABC detective/adventure series. The Harts' romance still seems to carry the day, but it has been said that quite a few of the final-season outings were incredibly weak otherwise.

Edited by bmasters9

Huh.  I liked The Right Reasons and the taste testing show with Juliet and Jacoby but for some reason, many of the podcasts I listen to are growing to over an hour each (hiya, Extra Hot Great!) so I guess it's just as well if a couple of them fade away.

I knew I had seen this thread before, finally found it again.

The year past, I've dropped The Handmaid's Tale and Westworld. It's a first in that I was a faithful viewer of their first respective season, but somehow kept up postponing watching them until I decided to delete them. I think in the first case it might be that I could do with less distopian horror because the news gave me enough to feel worried about. In the second case, it could be that the S1 finale lost me.

At the same time, I finally binge watched The Marvellous Mrs Maisel, as well as Grace and Frankie, and enjoyed them both. And I was super happy to see Imposters back. And I watched Unreal until the ending implosion. And I binge watched America's Next Top Model last month.

So I'm wondering if it is just me, or if other are also seeing their interest in shows that they used to like wane. I think the first time I noticed I was much less keen was with the latest aired season of House of Cards, because by then real life had become crazier than fiction. So that's one reason, but not the only one. I also bailed out on Mr. Robot sometime during the second episode of season 2 and never looked back.

So, yes, for now, I'm taking a break from dystopian, and exploring more fun options, like Versailles, Harlots, and anything else you wise people can recommend. 

• Love 2

I want to get into Handmaid's Tale and a bunch of other shows but it's hard to say, I want to sit down a commit to binge watching this. I feel like I either fall into it or it seems like way too much of a commitment. I want to get into Harlots too. That does seem fun. 

I want to watch Maisel season 2 but I have no idea when it will drop. I'm cancelling Prime after my subscription is up (I can't deal with all the price hikes) so hopefully it's before then. 

I feel like the only thing I'm able to really stick to is truly fluffy stuff. Superstore, Kevin Probably Saves the World, Trial & Error, etc. I like clever shows. I like shows with beautiful costumes and set design. But when I just want something to watch for an hour or two, I want to turn my brain off and maybe multitask. I don't want to finally watch Mad Men. I end up just watching youtube videos or listening to podcasts.

Hey, I get how hard it is to sit down to binge watch. I have to "thank" a bad flu for discovering Mrs Maisel. And cold winter Sundays for Grace and Frankie. For the rest, just my proclivities to procrastinate.