Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 3

What's funny to me is that with the US version, I'm often thinking 'behind the scenes' production interference is going on! Then with the Canadian BB its been feeling like some of their 'upfront' 

twists have seemed to have had direct negative results on a few of the HGs.  I think that's worse in a way...  

Edited by LuvizBlind
  • Love 2

I don't have a problem with players getting screwed by twists. That's kind of exactly why they're there - without impacting the game, it's no more a twist than, say, TAR occasionally messing with the format of its legs. It's just that BBUS's twists have a disproportionately good overall result for the "Attractive" Young Straight White Men and for the Returning Players You Were Already Sick Of The First Time Around that can't be entirely coincidental.

And also, the twists are kind of shitty. Compared to some of the utter mindfucks the UK and Australian versions have pulled (highlight: fake-evicting someone and sending them to a smaller second house with five new players and having them evict these new players throughout the week, only to send the chosen players into the main house to cause drama upon the fake-evicted player's eventual return), they just come across as half-assed and lame.

. . . they just come across as half-assed and lame.

Special powers are more fun. They usually don't crash and burn as badly as the twists. I like second vetoes. I thought the idea of the forced veto was cool. A forced double veto would be spectacular. I just want the players to be able to adopt end-game strategies that work rather than crossing their fingers every time Arisa's face unexpectedly appears on the TV screen in the living room.

I really don't like that the BBCan doesn't understand the meaning of the word sequester. They shouldn't all be allowed to talk/plot/know what's happening in alliances, it gives the evicted houseguests the upper hand when they were evicted in the first place. It's like punishing the people still playing the games and who have been fighting in comps while the other tweeze eyebrows and are on vacation. 

• Love 1
I really don't like that the BBCan doesn't understand the meaning of the word sequester. They shouldn't all be allowed to talk/plot/know what's happening in alliances, it gives the evicted houseguests the upper hand when they were evicted in the first place. It's like punishing the people still playing the games and who have been fighting in comps while the other tweeze eyebrows and are on vacation.

That made no sense at all -- they should have been isolated from each other for the entire time.

I guess KFC wouldn't pay for 4 separate hotel rooms and a handler for each evictee.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Have we seen more than one HOH comp finish without having to wait for the next show?  I was also hoping we'd find out last night who was returning, but now have to wait till Sunday.  I can't stand Bruno hope he's next to go, don't like any of the guys too much really, they all come across as asshats.  But, I usually develop an instant hate for anyone who does the annoying fist bump BOOM thing....yes, you Bruno..

Why in the world is Gary Levy still being hired by the show?  All he wants to do is primp and preen, he has no interest in game strategy, just the costumes he wears.  I find the HGs from past seasons, far more interesting when they are brought on to discuss the game. Gary just watches himself on the monitor, but the others are quite enthusiastic about BB.

• Love 4

I'm really enjoying this week.

1.  Sindy comes back.  She wouldn't have been my first choice, but she is definitely there to play, and her use of one of my favourite Homerisms ("I am so smart.  S-M-R-T.") further endeared her to me.  Best of all, she isn't Graig.

2.  Alliances are revealed left and right, and are thrown into chaos.  It's unclear to me where this is all going to go.  I don't know which of Godfrey/Jordan will get the boot this week, but it's not looking good for Zach either way.  (BTW, what was Zach wearing at that POV ceremony?  He looked like he was going on pheasant hunt at Downton Abbey.)

3. The POV challenge was very inventive and looked funner than most.  When I was a kid, I would have thought that all kinds of awesome.

4.  I'm still not hating anyone.  I even like Zach -- I just didn't want him to coast through to the end, as it appeared he might have done up until now.

• Love 3

I never trust those comps where we have to rely on BB to tell us the time for each contestant.

In this particular case, I do believe that Zach won, he was really trying, but if they have nothing to hide, why not put a big clock on site so the viewers can see for themselves?

• Love 1

That was great! I loved that the audience cheered at every vote for JP. And he was so shocked! That's what I like to see on this show... I didn't even really care who went or stayed, I'm just in it for good TV.

• Love 2

It was a fun episode. Too bad that they can't show a HOH challenge winner on an actual live episode. I'm getting tired of relying on Jokers to tell me what I can't find out on the feeds because they're never on.

• Love 2

I'm about the watch the latest episode but I had to come in here and nitpick about a pet peeve of mine.  

Global and their production dollars had me under their spell but then they went and captioned someone as saying "should of."  Da fuck, Global?  Seriously??

• Love 1

That was a wild episode. Very suspenseful, and I actually felt real human emotions for some of the hamsters, especially Willow and Sarah (who could have saved Willow!). Bruno made a hard decision pretty well on the spot, too, IMO. Easily the best episode so far this season.

• Love 2

That was a Greek tragedy. An awesome one, but still a tragedy. Brit puts up one person who would not be going after her. Then Sarah makes a sacrifice to make sure both women do not go home...and she sent her best ally home.

• Love 2

I don't understand Sarah's logic at all.

This entire triple eviction was a mess and logistically poorly planned and delivered to the houseguests. They were confused, out of breath, had no time or knew what planet they were on at the end there. If they wanted to do a triple eviction it should have been 2 noms, veto, evict, HOH, 2 more noms, veto, evict. Not the mess they had.

I think Sarah said something like she figured she needed to vote with the other girls or the guys would have more votes to save Kevin. I can't blame her because I was surprised they voted to keep Willow, too.

I don't think they'd have time to fully go through the motions of two more evictions, each with veto competitions. Unless they cut out the jury footage, maybe. But either way, I liked that there were things that made the players' heads spin, that they had to think on their feet. What I don't get is why production would switch to a bigger Noms Sofa this week if they wanted to totally surprise them. It wouldn't have been any issue to have that larger couch from the start, right?

• Love 3

I can't wait till tonight's episode, wish there were more comments to follow. That seemed rather mean letting those girls think Canada hated them, wonder if they let it go on as long as it seemed to, or was it editing?  Can't wait to see the looks on the faces of Zach and Bruno, who think they are in a good position right now.  Hope one of them leaves. 

Godfrey's plan for blowing up the house will be hard to do since he throws every competition, waste of space. 

Pilar and Ashley... "this is my HOH and no one is going to tell me what to do!"...  followed immediately by doing exactly what they're told, haha....like keeping Zach and Bruno are good for their games, uh, ok....

• Love 4
(edited)
...wish there were more comments to follow.

Me too.

That seemed rather mean letting those girls think Canada hated them, wonder if they let it go on as long as it seemed to, or was it editing?

It was editing.  It all took place on Saturday.

ETA:  Sorry, forgot what forum I was on.

Edited by Newbietunes

I feel like getting rid of Zach would've been a better move. He still has an alliance with two other people!

The longer he's in that house, the more likely it is he wins.

• Love 4

Bruno was unpredictable and probably would play the "you're taking food out my children's mouths" card if he made it deeper in the game. I believe it was the right move. Plus, now I don't have to look at his horrible haircut. Man, just shave your head and admit that you're almost bald.

• Love 1

Glad Britnee used both saves -- and that Bruno is gone.

The women should really complain to the guys that design the clothing for these comps -- because those shorts for the 100 minutes of Hell HoH comp were a little too revealing on Sarah and Britnee.

• Love 1
Bruno was unpredictable and probably would play the "you're taking food out my children's mouths" card if he made it deeper in the game. I believe it was the right move.

Much as I would have liked to see Zach go, I also think getting rid of Bruno was the right move for B/S.  It took away Godfrey's only ally, making him their ally by default.

• Love 2

I think Godfrey's only real ally is Godfrey.   What I really want to know is if he's really been throwing all these comps, and can he win some.   Is he really gaming everyone or blowing smoke?

I think Godfrey's only real ally is Godfrey.   What I really want to know is if he's really been throwing all these comps, and can he win some.   Is he really gaming everyone or blowing smoke?

It's so hard to say.  He's the ultimate floater... all talk, no action and no real close relationships, either.

He's the ultimate floater... all talk, no action and no real close relationships

Funny to hear him use that to sell himself as F2 to the others.  Also refreshing to have a male goat and three strong women at the end for a change.

• Love 4
(edited)

Why does Bruno think he can lie? Does he think he is the last member of jury?

Apparently he's the Frankie Grande of the season. I WILL BE THE MOST POWERFUL JURY MEMBER AND WILL DECIDE WHO WINS. ::eye roll::

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3

That was a shitty thing Bruno did to Willow, and for what?  He has nothing to gain at this point, other than to possibly cost Sarah a vote should she make it to the end, class act Bruno, vindictive much?  I get really irritated with people who use their kids/family as a reason to make themselves deserving of winning.  I'm glad he's gone and I don't have to look at his ugly head anymore. 

Would love to see Sarah or Brit win.

• Love 3

That was a shitty thing Bruno did to Willow, and for what?  He has nothing to gain at this point, other than to possibly cost Sarah a vote should she make it to the end.

Exactly! I'm all for lying and sneakiness in the Big Brother house, that's the game! But once you're out, that's just nastiness. Makes me want Sarah to win. Good job, Bruno.

• Love 2