Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

On 6/26/2019 at 6:32 AM, Sharonana said:

The past few weeks I've been rewatching seasons 7-9. I got to season 10 and had to skip it. This is an unpopular opinion, but I like Carole. I liked the friendship that Carole and Bethenny had. It's hard to watch each episode as the friendship slowly disintegrates. ☹️

Bethenny is a lot! Her word vomit rants are too much.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:22 AM, Rosiejuliemom said:

I like Carole, too.

Me, too. 

Compared to the other HWs, in my opinion, she was sensible, calm, considerate, dignified, and loyal. I don’t think she ever appeared drunk on camera. If she were a mother, her sons/daughters would not be embarrassed by anything she did on the show.

Again, compared to the others. 

• Love 19

Count me in for missing Carole; some people found her boring, snooty or just too laid back, but I thought she brought a necessary dose of sanity and intelligence to the cast, not to mention an impressive past life of laurels to rest on; that’s probably why she and Tinsley got along so well, given their oddly similar backstories. Her talking heads in particular were often quite amusing. People forget that you often need a few quieter, calmer HW’s on these casts to balance out all the bigger personalities. If they all were Type A’s you’d just have mass chaos!

Plus, I miss her fearless fashions and her sexy apartment. Not her sexy salad boy though; he can stay gone.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Me, too. 

Compared to the other HWs, in my opinion, she was sensible, calm, considerate, dignified, and loyal. I don’t think she ever appeared drunk on camera. If she were a mother, her sons/daughters would not be embarrassed by anything she did on the show.

Again, compared to the others. 

I really liked her at first, until the last two seasons. To me it's like she became a different person, or I was just seeing her for the first time. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I really liked her at first, until the last two seasons. To me it's like she became a different person, or I was just seeing her for the first time. 

That’s exactly how I felt about Carole. She was horrible to Tinsley saying they weren’t good friends.

• Love 14

It popped up in my FB feed yesterday that it was the 20 year anniversary of the JFK JR plane crash.  I so remember where I was and what I was doing.   And now I feel old because I was still in my 20’s and partying on that day. 

• Love 4
On 6/27/2019 at 2:37 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

On 6/27/2019 at 6:06 PM, Stats Queen said:

That’s exactly how I felt about Carole. She was horrible to Tinsley saying they weren’t good friends.

I think Carole's worst seasons are 7 and 8. It was pretty obvious what Bethenny was doing to Kristen, Heather, and Jules. Carole just sat back and watched it happen. That was gross. I don't think Carole was especially bad in season 10. I was on Carole's side for most of the season. Bethenny was being manipulative and histrionic. Bethenny was was telling Carole that they were good only to go around and talk shit about Carole to everyone else. I completely disagreed with how Carole chose to handle this during the reunion and in the back third of the season. I just think for a lot of people that Carole hadn't brought a lot to the show and the worst parts of her time on the show far outweighed the good meh.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I think Carole's worst seasons are 7 and 8. It was pretty obvious what Bethenny was doing to Kristen, Heather, and Jules. Carole just sat back and watched it happen. That was gross. I don't think Carole was especially bad in season 10. I was on Carole's side for most of the season. Bethenny was being manipulative and histrionic. Bethenny was was telling Carole that they were good only to go around and talk shit about Carole to everyone else. I completely disagreed with how Carole chose to handle this during the reunion and in the back third of the season. I just think for a lot of people that Carole hadn't brought a lot to the show and the worst parts of her time on the show far outweighed the good meh.

Last three seasons. It wasn't so much how she treated Bethenny, though the gaslighting drove me crazy, I really, really hate gaslighters. How she treated Tinsley was cruel and her pretentious twatiness was amped to ten.

• Love 15
(edited)
On June 30, 2019 at 12:12 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

Last three seasons. It wasn't so much how she treated Bethenny, though the gaslighting drove me crazy, I really, really hate gaslighters. How she treated Tinsley was cruel and her pretentious twatiness was amped to ten.

Pretentious twatiness is a perfect description of Carole. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

Carole is not as smart as she thinks she is. She had a good gig going with Housewives, easy money. She threw her lot in with Bethenny going after Jules and Luann. It was when she broke with Bethenny that she self destructed. No way was Andy going to take her side against Bethenny. She overplayed her hand and no longer has that 6 figure income coming in. As Bethenny said if you come for her you better make sure you don't miss. Don't play with a snake you'll get bit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

She thinks her demographic group skews younger. Ha!

She said a little younger than she is and I think she's correct. She also said 25 - 50, which I believe is probably accurate too. In actuality I think her demographic is 30 - 50. It's not like she said 15 - 30.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
48 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

She said a little younger than she is and I think she's correct. She also said 25 - 50, which I believe is probably accurate too. In actuality I think her demographic is 30 - 50. It's not like she said 15 - 30.

I don't know. My daughters are all mid to late 20s and they don't relate to her as she is twice their age.

• Love 3
(edited)

Supposedly Carole is in Jeffrey Epstein's little black book.  I'm assuming from the Kennedy connections--there are tons of the family listed in the pages I saw online.

Not sure if they are real, but there sure are a lot of famous names there if they are.

Edited by car54
  • Useful 1
On 7/9/2019 at 9:46 AM, HunterHunted said:

That makes sense.  Why would anyone in her age group or older think she had worthwhile advice useful to them?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, Higgins said:

I don't know. My daughters are all mid to late 20s and they don't relate to her as she is twice their age.

Carole has been much better at pulling off post-irony than any of the other women on RHoNY except for Sonja. Post-irony is a rhetorical device more commonly used by the 25 - 50 year old group. I can understand why her demographic skews a little younger when she employees to strategize. I know that some people have criticized Carole because sometimes when she does this it seems forced. And it does on occasion. However when Bethenny attempts it, it almost always feels forced. "I'm wearing a 'Rollin' with my snommies' sweater because Christmas sweaters are lame. Nineties sayings are also lame and old 90s sayings are over, which makes them cool. Right? Whatever. I wonder who gets the reference." If you have to explain it to me, it doesn't work.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Twenty years gone by and Carole's still milking that tragedy for all it's worth 

To be fair to Carole she is hardly the only one. There have been multiple specials because of the anniversary. Hell there were randomly a bunch of things a few years ago even when there was no anniversary.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Could she say “Tinsley and I weren’t clicking” a little bit more?

Or "ya know"?

Because Carole is so intellectually superior to Tinsley, she couldn't possibly be a real friend.  And of course has to make that painfully clear by saying it a hundred times.  She couldn't possibly just leave it alone and let people think whatever they might think, out of . . . oh, say, kindness.

I wonder how many children will die thanks to Jenny McCarthy's moronic anti-vaccing crusade.  Two mental giants.

• Love 22
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

To be fair to Carole she is hardly the only one. There have been multiple specials because of the anniversary. Hell there were randomly a bunch of things a few years ago even when there was no anniversary.

I think she was in some of those too. Not to mention the psychic shows she went on .

In "What Remains" Carole describes people overly invested in people's death as "tragedy whores" Isn't that what "journalists" do, report on the misery and suffering of others, they traffic in tragedy for a living. Well, Carole has been the biggest tragedy whore of them all, selling her story over and over to anyone who will buy it. The Kennedys, Radziwills and Bessettes don't talk about it but here she is on another special. For the friend someone who valued their privacy Carole sure never keeps anything private.

According to publishers weekly, "At one point, Radziwill scoffs at the "tragedy whores" who luxuriate in Kennedy trauma, and yet she seems to have been unable to resist contributing some crumbs to their feeding frenzy."

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
(edited)
19 hours ago, druzy said:

Carole on producer driven friendship with Tinsley. 

Interesting. So I guess introducing her friend Scott to Tinsley was also producer driven? Appears Carole was willing to use anyone and everyone to keep her apple.

So either Carole is lying, and finding a way to blame someone else for why she acted so abhorrently to Tinsley or Carole really is that shallow and had no problem using someone for a storyline. Now why she gaslit Bethenny makes perfect sense. Too bad it backfired. Sorry, not sorry. 

Carole has to continue to exploit her dead husband, his dead cousin and dead cousin's wife because she has nothing else. I watched the special on the JFK Jr wedding tapes and was surprised that Carole had not wormed her way onto that show.  In fact she wasn't even see in the footage of the tapes, though Anthony was. That must have burned. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17

Wow. What a miserable piece of shit she is. I can't stand the "they made me do it", then, "I had to walk away because I'm more evolved" bull shit she tries to peddle. She's now nothing but an Instawhore. This is a woman who once had a great career and published a well-received book and then...turned into nothing. I was so excited when she first was on the show, but I don't think she was ever genuine about anything. But I guess now she'll always have JFK Jr. and Bravo to help her maintain her "influencer" status. She makes me want to puke. 

• Love 17
(edited)
13 hours ago, teapot said:

this is kind of all over the place.  Also reinforces that Aviva may have been crazy, but she probably wasn't wrong

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7248681/Carole-Radziwill-reflects-John-Kennedy-Jr-Carolyn-20th-anniversary-plane-crash.html

I don't think it reveals that Carole didn't write What Remains. I think it reveals that Carole needs an editor and the Daily Fail has shit editors. Both are facts that we've known all about for years. There's a reason why editors at Wikipedia have cautioned against using the Daily Fail as a primary source. It also feels tonally similar to What Remains and her earlier blogs.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
On 7/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Ki-in said:

I think she was in some of those too. Not to mention the psychic shows she went on .

In "What Remains" Carole describes people overly invested in people's death as "tragedy whores" Isn't that what "journalists" do, report on the misery and suffering of others, they traffic in tragedy for a living. Well, Carole has been the biggest tragedy whore of them all, selling her story over and over to anyone who will buy it. The Kennedys, Radziwills and Bessettes don't talk about it but here she is on another special. For the friend someone who valued their privacy Carole sure never keeps anything private.

According to publishers weekly, "At one point, Radziwill scoffs at the "tragedy whores" who luxuriate in Kennedy trauma, and yet she seems to have been unable to resist contributing some crumbs to their feeding frenzy."

That's a really inaccurate way to describe what journalists do. They don't "traffic in tragedy for a living" - there are many reporters who never focus on tragic happenings. But death, violence, etc. are a part of life and yes, many reporters end up having to report on those kinds of things because it's important for the public to know if, say, a government is systematically slaughtering dissidents or if a terrorist attack killed people.

Anyway, there are things to not like about Carole but she's not wrong that there are MANY people who do love to focus on the tragedies of the Kennedy family.  There are a lot of people who relish highlighting their tragedies, for a lot of different reasons. Carole actually knew these people as people, and I can understand her frustration on how much focus their tragedies get. 

• Love 9
On 7/9/2019 at 2:46 PM, car54 said:

Supposedly Carole is in Jeffrey Epstein's little black book.  I'm assuming from the Kennedy connections--there are tons of the family listed in the pages I saw online.

Link, por favor?

On 6/26/2019 at 9:32 AM, Sharonana said:

The past few weeks I've been rewatching seasons 7-9. I got to season 10 and had to skip it. This is an unpopular opinion, but I like Carole. I liked the friendship that Carole and Bethenny had. It's hard to watch each episode as the friendship slowly disintegrates. ☹️

I did not like watching Bethenny and Carole's friends disintegrate. I was pretty indifferent to Carole when she first came on the show, but like some others have stated, I started to dislike her the last couple of seasons she appeared on.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Ki-in said:

I re-read What Remains this week. I'm doing a book shelf clean out and seeing which books can keep their spot on the shelf. 

It's weird how she rants about tragedy whores but actively participates in it all. 

With that said, I have to say that even on the second read I got no real sense of Anthony or who he was as a person from this book. She does a beautiful job of humanizing John and Carolyn though. Also, as much as she romanticizes her work in the news, How can she stay away from it? Why isn't she doing something in news or production?

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I re-read What Remains this week. I'm doing a book shelf clean out and seeing which books can keep their spot on the shelf. 

It's weird how she rants about tragedy whores but actively participates in it all. 

With that said, I have to say that even on the second read I got no real sense of Anthony or who he was as a person from this book. She does a beautiful job of humanizing John and Carolyn though. Also, as much as she romanticizes her work in the news, How can she stay away from it? Why isn't she doing something in news or production?

Because she is terrible.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Also, as much as she romanticizes her work in the news, How can she stay away from it? Why isn't she doing something in news or production?

She doesn't love the work and the mission more than she likes not working. Is it laziness? Yeah, sure. People do this kind of accounting of the pros and cons all the time.

I loved being a legislative aide, but I would never go back to it even as a chief of staff because the hours are terrible. I didn't love that my dry cleaners was the one next to my office instead of near my home. I didn't love that I'd routinely work until 4am and half to come back at 7:30am. I didn't love that when I was home and simply wanted a glass of juice I'd have to go the store or the office because all my groceries were in the fridge at work.  I'm not the person who can do that job anymore.

Perhaps Carole is the same. It's also possible that the journalism job she really wants is one she's not eligible for because she's been out of the business for too long.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

She doesn't love the work and the mission more than she likes not working. Is it laziness? Yeah, sure. People do this kind of accounting of the pros and cons all the time.

I loved being a legislative aide, but I would never go back to it even as a chief of staff because the hours are terrible. I didn't love that my dry cleaners was the one next to my office instead of near my home. I didn't love that I'd routinely work until 4am and half to come back at 7:30am. I didn't love that when I was home and simply wanted a glass of juice I'd have to go the store or the office because all my groceries were in the fridge at work.  I'm not the person who can do that job anymore.

Perhaps Carole is the same. It's also possible that the journalism job she really wants is one she's not eligible for because she's been out of the business for too long.

I agree. But it made me a bit sad for her because she seeemed so fulfilled by it. On the show she seemed a little empty. Even if it's not news, to take that energy, interest and passion and put it in to something. 

• Love 3

Watching the old seasons that Bravo aired recently made me remember how much I used to like Carole. She was thoughtful and independent and normally dressed and her hair was gorgeous. She looked beautiful in the episode where she picked up Anthony’s ashes. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Higgins said:

Because she is terrible.

She is. She beams in a way when JFK jr. Is in a picture with her that she doesn't with her husband Anthony. Look at the body language. Speaking of the photos of the wedding "coup" without paparazzi, that twunt publishes photos that they themselves wanted kept private. After they're dead? What a game whoring piece of work she is. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She is. She beams in a way when JFK jr. Is in a picture with her that she doesn't with her husband Anthony. Look at the body language. Speaking of the photos of the wedding "coup" without paparazzi, that twunt publishes photos that they themselves wanted kept private. After they're dead? What a game whoring piece of work she is. 

The ones where she's in a car with him, she's completely glowing! 

Of course I would be too! Because that man was delicious. 

Yeah im kind of grossed out by all the friends selling them out. The wedding video special made me sick. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

Yeah im kind of grossed out by all the friends selling them out. The wedding video special made me sick. 

I would too, but it was even there on her wedding day. She glowed in pictures with him in ways she didn't with her new husband.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I would too, but it was even there on her wedding day. She glowed in pictures with him in ways she didn't with her new husband.

That's what bugged about her book. I got more about John from it than her own husband. 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 12:10 AM, LemonSoda said:

The wedding video special made me sick too.  It was all about the Kennedys and their self importance.  Shut the fuck up Ted.  

The cake cutting scene was beautiful, and completely ruined by the children chanting "cut! cut! cut!" and "eat it! eat it!"  Precisely why I hate children at weddings.

Anyhow I agree that Carole has changed and I am indifferent on my feelings about her participating in these programs and specials.  I thought the Hollywood Medium program was ridiculous.  Otherwise the only thing I can say is she probably *was the closest person to them, and probably imparts the most realistic account of how they really were.  On one hand I want to know and I gobble up every book, magazine and program about them.  I'd rather see Carole because she was a family member and was close to Carolyn.  On the other hand I'm like, thanks I don't need anymore Kennedy bullshit, like let's all watch the moon walk footage and forget that Chappaquiddick happened.  

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
(edited)

D_Dnul0XYAExN3g.jpgD_DnullXYAEy6hU.jpglisa-heiden-ghislaine-maxwell-and-carole

6 hours ago, car54 said:

I read somewhere that Carole had a social connection to Ghislane Maxwell---that may be why she was in Epstein's book.

There are a lot of pictures of them at various events (not just one.) I googled Radziwill and Maxwell and here are the results.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=radziwill+and+maxwell&rlz=1C1AZAA_enUS742US742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwilgO-3rs7jAhVNvlkKHQjvC9YQ_AUIEigC&biw=1600&bih=1141#imgrc=_

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Oh boy.  I wonder how many people knew what Maxwell was up to.  Whether the Epstein pedo stuff was as well known as Weinsteins stuff?  I certainly Carole had no clue.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The wedding video special made me sick too.  It was all about the Kennedys and their self importance.  Shut the fuck up Ted.  

The cake cutting scene was beautiful, and completely ruined by the children chanting "cut! cut! cut!" and "eat it! eat it!"  Precisely why I hate children at weddings.

Anyhow I agree that Carole has changed and I am indifferent on my feelings about her participating in these programs and specials.  I thought the Hollywood Medium program was ridiculous.  Otherwise the only thing I can say is she probably *was the closest person to them, and probably imparts the most realistic account of how they really were.  On one hand I want to know and I gobble up every book, magazine and program about them.  I'd rather see Carole because she was a family member and was close to Carolyn.  On the other hand I'm like, thanks I don't need anymore Kennedy bullshit, like let's all watch the moon walk footage and forget that Chappaquiddick happened.  

I felt gross watching it but at the same time I don't understand why it was presented the way it was with all the talking heads, laptop screen, etc. It's sad that all their confidants are selling them out. 

I do like Carolyn being humanized though. I love her style, that amazing 90s minimalism and hearing about her as a person. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Oh...you're good!  I had not gone looking---the gossip site I read it on seemed to think Carole might be deposed to see if she ever saw anything--but who knows if that is true.

• Love 1