Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Is she considering running for office?

She's switching characters from Sex in the City. Instead of being Carrie Bradshaw, carefree sex kitten, she's trying to emulate Cynthia Nixon, New York governor wannabe?

Oooo — right down to “now I drink tea”!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 10/1/2018 at 11:54 AM, 65mickey said:

Eden Prairie is the home of Evine shopping channel.According to what I read on another forum she has been on Evine after Dark hawing "adult toys" 

I realize this is a really old post and subject, but just a few days after the reunion, Carole appeared on a Twin Cities radio program (Lori and Julia, for fellow locals), to hawk her appearance shilling sex toys.  Before she came on the radio program, one of the radio hosts said she was coming on next, but they were not allowed to even mention RHoNY with her, so the host did about five minutes on Carole's sort of demise on RHoNY, including her poor showing on the reunion.  

Then they went to commercial, and when they came back, Carole was on doing her cool girl schtick about how great sex toys are because they give her the option to say no to all the millions of men lining up to have sex with her bucktoothed, scarecrow self.

Somewhere in Paris, Lee Radziwill fainted.

• Love 23
35 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I realize this is a really old post and subject, but just a few days after the reunion, Carole appeared on a Twin Cities radio program (Lori and Julia, for fellow locals), to hawk her appearance shilling sex toys.  Before she came on the radio program, one of the radio hosts said she was coming on next, but they were not allowed to even mention RHoNY with her, so the host did about five minutes on Carole's sort of demise on RHoNY, including her poor showing on the reunion.  

Then they went to commercial, and when they came back, Carole was on doing her cool girl schtick about how great sex toys are because they give her the option to say no to all the millions of men lining up to have sex with her bucktoothed, scarecrow self.

Farrah Abraham called.  She wants her washed-up reality star schtick back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ninjago said:

And somewhere in middle ‘Merica, I just woke the cats, laughing out loud. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 11/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, teapot said:

Farrah Abraham called.  She wants her washed-up reality star schtick back.

Please don't give Carol any ideas.  Farrah sells a replica of her, umm, "backdoor" and that's the last road we need Carol to start down.  

Carol has to be the one refusing to discuss RHONY, as Bravo has absolutely no problems with Kandi and her sex toys being talked about.  So it's certainly not a taboo topic or one that hasn't been brought up or linked to the shows before.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Brock1976 said:

I admire Carole for leaving the show for the reason she stated, if true, which was she refused to be someone she was not.

How long was she on the show? When did she come to this realization? 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Brock1976 said:

I admire Carole for leaving the show for the reason she stated, if true, which was she refused to be someone she was not.

5 hours ago, Showthyme said:

How long was she on the show? When did she come to this realization? 

I think she was on the show for six years.    

She came to that "realization" when her contract wasn't renewed.  LOL

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
On 2018-12-31 at 11:51 AM, Brock1976 said:

Who was that exactly?  I kind of never could work that out.  When Carole started out she was a Writer.  Then she was just someone who hung out with the other ho'wives and didn't do much except Adam.  Then she didn't even do that.  I think her idea of who she was clashed with the reality of who she was.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, quaintirene said:

Who was that exactly?  I kind of never could work that out.  When Carole started out she was a Writer.  Then she was just someone who hung out with the other ho'wives and didn't do much except Adam.  Then she didn't even do that.  I think her idea of who she was clashed with the reality of who she was.

And now she's a reality TV reject selling sex toys on a late night shopping network.   

• Love 4

I think it might be an allusion to the rumors going around that Carol spent her time on the show deeply in the closet sexually and portraying herself as something she wasn't.

*I personally have no idea if this one is true but I have definitely  seen the rumors on this one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think it might be an allusion to the rumors going around that Carol spent her time on the show deeply in the closet sexually and portraying herself as something she wasn't.

*I personally have no idea if this one is true but I have definitely  seen the rumors on this one.

So that’s interesting. But would Bravo care if she’s bisexual? I’m also not following the rumor timeline. Is the implication that she was openly bi-sexual or gay when she was cast, but pressured to pretend to be dating men or dating men exclusively? Or is the idea that she was dating men when she was cast, but met a woman at some point in filming and was pressured to keep the relationship off camera? I’m not saying it’s impossible, discrimination certainly exists within the LGBTQ community amongst itself and lord knows Andy is a cart bitch that will do anything for a buck, but it seems like a weird demand for this particular show to make.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

So that’s interesting. But would Bravo care if she’s bisexual? I’m also not following the rumor timeline. Is the implication that she was openly bi-sexual or gay when she was cast, but pressured to pretend to be dating men or dating men exclusively? Or is the idea that she was dating men when she was cast, but met a woman at some point in filming and was pressured to keep the relationship off camera? I’m not saying it’s impossible, discrimination certainly exists within the LGBTQ community amongst itself and lord knows Andy is a cart bitch that will do anything for a buck, but it seems like a weird demand for this particular show to make.  

I don't think Andy would care or would try to tamp down Carole being gay/bi. He was downright giddy when Kim Z. and Danielle S. had their lesbian flings. If the rumor is true, I imagine it would be Carole herself that would want to hide that part of her life from, for example, her mother-in-law.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

for

7 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I don't think Andy would care or would try to tamp down Carole being gay/bi. He was downright giddy when Kim Z. and Danielle S. had their lesbian flings. If the rumor is true, I imagine it would be Carole herself that would want to hide that part of her life from, for example, her mother-in-law.

Heh, knowing that  MIL Lee Radziwill was once caught in bed with Truman Capote, I doubt Princess Carole’s orientation /  preferences would bother the older woman too much. As long as she’d been faithful to Anthony (RIP) or stayed within whatever mutual bounds they’d set. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

But would Bravo care if she’s bisexual?

Personally, I doubt it as it would make good story but this is where I could see the Kennedy connection finding it problematic.... The narrative of John John's friend the prince and his lonely grieving widow takes a big hit if she's munching carpet.

25 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Is the implication that she was openly bi-sexual or gay when she was cast, but pressured to pretend to be dating men or dating men exclusively? Or is the idea that she was dating men when she was cast, but met a woman at some point in filming and was pressured to keep the relationship off camera?

I think a little of choice a and b. I think Bravo definitely wanted her to be dating *someone* because these shows thrive on dating but I doubt they cared that much who (I mean, Adam aint no prize). And honestly, subtle whining about refusing to be someone she's not... the bisexual thing is currently not officially true. Maybe Carole wasn't ready to be the show lez, and dated guys like a horny teen complete with bragging about loving her morning fucks because she wasn't comfortable coming out on tv?

Or you know, maybe the rumors are wrong and she's not bisexual - this is just a theory.

But frankly if she made the choice to not reveal this on the show, I would say its not really fair to blame the reality show for forcing her to live a lie - thats a choice she made in my opinion. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I doubt Princess Carole’s orientation /  preferences would bother the older woman too much. 

I agree (and I don't think Carole would hide any ongoing bisexuality, anyway - years ago, she mentioned she had a fleeting lesbian period in her dating life, post-Anthony -- I think she'd be happy to wear it well, if that was her current bent.)

Heh, knowing that  MIL Lee Radziwill was once caught in bed with Truman Capote, 

truman 3.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Well she did relate a sexy dream about Bethenny a few seasons ago.  They were going shopping in some tsatzke store and I think Beth was a little taken aback but passed it off nicely.  I only say this because, if Carole wanted to stay in the closet, I think she would have kept quiet about that one!

• Love 3

Saw the 20/20 show about John.  Great show, and yes, Carole is shown several times.  She was the one to realize, by 2:00 am, that John, Caroline, and her sister Lauren were well beyond late, and that they need to notify the Coast Guard.  She may have even been the one to call the Coast Guard.

She's definitely interviewed as Carolyn's "best friend", but did she even know Carolyn before John John met her?  He met Carolyn when he went to Calvin Klein to buy suits, and Carolyn knew literally none of the Kennedys.  Seems to me, in typical Carole fashion, she latched onto Carolyn to keep her place in the Kennedy clan.

There's also a Netflix documentary about Jackie and Lee Radziwill and their strained sisterly relationship.  Carole looks amazingly so much like Lee, down to the skin and bones and even style.  And Lee had been a journalist.  She was also a social climber, latching onto anyone she could, so jealous was she of Jackie, who not only obviously married way better than she had, but who also eventually married her (Lee's) lover, Aristotle.

Seems Anthony chose someone much like his mother.  Once I saw that resemblance, I couldn't unsee it.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 4

To me, it makes sense that Carole would think of Carolyn as her best friend. By the time Carolyn came on the scene, Anthony was very sick again & much of their time was spent with John & Carolyn- with Carolyn even staying with Carole when Anthony needed treatment in Washington & the couples sharing a summer house. I know people think Carole made more out of their friendship than was really there, but I think given the time period they knew each other, it’s very likely that Carolyn was Carole’s closest female friend.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

John and Anthony were best friends.  It doesn't seem unreasonable that Carolyn and Carole would become close.  I don't think it was a case of Carole latching on to the Kennedys'. 

In her memoir, she describes her first encounter with Carolyn, when she and John arrived at a family vacation house where Carole & Anthony were already in residence. She says Carolyn approached her in a very friendly, warm way, IIRC called her “lamb” and Carole was obviously smitten. 

I’ve not experienced the kind of relationship where your beloved partner has a best friend/cousin and the four of you-all — including your boo’s bestie’s boo — hang out and get along well.  Whatever’s true or false about whether both ladies considered the other “best” friends, the fact seems to remain that the four of them were close. 

And suddenly losing two of that quartet weeks before the expected loss of the boo...it was probably easier for Carole to say, “I lost my husband & both our best friends all at once.”

Cheese! Am I defending Carole?  There HAS been a tilt in the earth’s rotation!  

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Sterling said:

Seems to me, in typical Carole fashion, she latched onto Carolyn to keep her place in the Kennedy clan.

Then there are those of us Carole fans who could never see it like this.  Just my simple opinion.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Then there are those of us Carole fans who could never see it like this.  Just my simple opinion.

LOL, understood.  People see things differently, which is cool!

For me, in the Carole vs. Bethenny debate, it's actually neither.  Can't stand either one.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think this is Carole's best hair look, in a long while.  Side part is good.  Heather should try it also.

Screenshot (420).png

I still don’t like the blonde on Carole at all; I wish she’d opted for darker highlights instead...but like most gals over 50, I guess she opted for going blonde just to hide the likely incoming gray hairs. Admittedly, I do miss her longer extensions too, but you can only rock those for so long before your poor natural hair needs a break(how Ericka Girardi/Jayne has managed to hold onto hers for so long is mind boggling to me).

Speaking of hair, Heather has always had a great batch of it—-so healthy-looking and lush! It’s sweet to see that she and Carole still have a good and genuine friendship.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Thanks for the sad news. Now I'm off to watch "That Summer". 😩

My sympathies to her daughter Anna and others who loved her. It’s never easy. 

Mom baffled by the news report’s obsession with cause of death. “Age-related,” and isn’t that enough? She was 85, after all. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Mom baffled by the news report’s obsession with cause of death. “Age-related,” and isn’t that enough? She was 85, after all. 

A lot of times, people who are famous who have age related illnesses like Alzheimer's or progressive  dementia or things that reduce mental capacity, don't like to have that reported because they like people to remember them as they were. Gene Wilder for example didn't let the public know about his Alzheimer's until after he died because he "didn't want people to be sad". 

• Useful 2
54 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Nothing posted on Carole’s twitter or Insta yet.  Which surprises me considering she would allude to them keeping in touch, having dinner together, etc.  I had figured she would make some sort of statement. 

Makes me dislike her a bit less. Since she uses her public social media accounts for some tomfloosish shit.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The Page Six photo (top) vs. the TMZ photo - 

lee radzi page six.jpg

0216-lee-radziwill-gallery-launch-getty-4.jpg

So many thoughts ... mostly about how women aren’t allowed to (supposed to) age; ... 

Point taken about privacy and reputation, @Rap541.

Its times like these that I really appreciate my anonymous, middle-class, quiet little life.  Srsly. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Nothing posted on Carole’s twitter or Insta yet.  Which surprises me considering she would allude to them keeping in touch, having dinner together, etc.  I had figured she would make some sort of statement. 

Not immediately posting on Public media doesn’t indicate lack of closeness.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I'm seeing a little Kate Chastain in a few years with this one...

OMG!  SO accurate!

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not immediately posting on Public media doesn’t indicate lack of closeness.

No but considering how Carole uses her social media, it is surprising.  She would immediately tweet after anything happened that she could use to gain attention.  Maybe stepping back from RHONY has been good for her. 

• Love 5

I just finished reading Lee's obituary from the NY Times (on mobile so no link) and its a doozy.   Anthony is not mentioned until well into it and the writer calls Carole an actress. The whole obituary is about how Lee was a failure who never measured up to Jackie.  Its equal parts brutal and hilarious.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I just finished reading Lee's obituary from the NY Times (on mobile so no link) and its a doozy.   Anthony is not mentioned until well into it and the writer calls Carole an actress. The whole obituary is about how Lee was a failure who never measured up to Jackie.  Its equal parts brutal and hilarious.

I wonder if Pippa is watching.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

I just finished reading Lee's obituary from the NY Times (on mobile so no link) and its a doozy. 

I read it earlier, too.  I don't think I've ever seen such a bitchy obit about anyone who wasn't a dictator or a serial killer.  Just a long list of every endeavor she tried and failed at and how she lived her whole life in the shadow of her sister.  Lee (and Carole, the actress) must've really pissed off someone at the Times for them to go ahead with something like that.  I've heard Lee wasn't a nice person, but I kind of felt sorry for her for this nasty send-off.

I posted years ago about how I came within an inch of hitting both Lee and Jackie with my car as they were crossing the street.  It might've been a mercy in retrospect if I had.  (I'm not serious.)

• Love 14