Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

Hmm- is it possible she thinks her brand is virgin because it has saved its 'special' place by sticking with oral & anal????

I agree with whoever said Sonja should go down market. She would be a great person to do a bawdy stint on HSN and sell some trinkets while waxing poetic about yachts, St Tropez & entertaining in a townhouse.  Speaking of which, for the type of entertaining she seems to claim wouldn't a more open floor plan or series of rooms be preferable to a multiple floors in a townhouse with rooms that are barely 13' wide?  As much as she dogged on Dorinda and Lu earlier in the season (I guess really in the blog) they have both shown themselves to have great summer/weekend houses worthy of a good time with two totally different settings/styles/sizes.  And neither are killing themselves keeping up a pile in fricking NYC.  After seeing Dorinda's house this last episode it really makes her comment about their downsizing/lack of real estate acumen seem off key.

• Love 4

She was a hot drunken mess at Dorinda's cocktail party and it looks like next week is even worse. After the energy suck that was RHOBH, I'm not sure that I'm ready for Kim Richards 2.0.

Im seeing this comparison too. Only difference Sonja is a "sweet" drunk if there such a thing. Kim is a belligerent and nasty drunk. But thats where it stops. Sonja is in denial the same way as Kim. Her drinking is definitely a coping mechanism that shes no longer rich and being around other successful women with millions must be embarrassing of sorts for her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sonja's "you can touch" comment to John as she slithered towards him in her half-open robe shortie just made me cringe. I remember when Aviva set her up with George and it was a "what was she thinking???" sort of match. But as time's gone on, Sonja's become more and more sexually inappropriate. I'm not even talking the young boyfriends, but the grinding up against a man who's taken, assuring him "you can touch," etc. And I'm remembering that poor plumber guy who came in to do a job and Sonja's draping herself suggestively over furniture and talking about her intern's breasts in front of him. 

Sonja's still got a long way to go to reach the offensive, disgusting levels of George. It's becoming less harmless and more ridiculous though.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 4

Sonja's still got a long way to go to reach the offensive, disgusting levels of George. It's becoming less harmless and more ridiculous though.

And desperate. She needs male attention to feel validated and apparently doesn't care who that man is. Dorinda handled it much better than I would which I can't work out if it's admirable or not. I mean, not getting worked up about desperate Sonja is a good thing but at the same time it's pretty disrespectful to come sashaying in someone's bedroom in silky lingerie and telling a guy in the presence of his girlfriend he can touch. It's rude and inappropriate.

I find Sonja uncomfortable to watch these days. Her delusions and break from reality about her "brand" aren't entertaining to me, they're sad.

• Love 4

If there's one thing I'm looking forward to in T&C (other than LuAnn getting caught again with some guy) is seeing Sonja's hostessing skills put to the test. She's made such a fuss in the past over what a fabulous hostess she is, and has criticized Carole and Kristen for NOT knowing how to hostess. (In Carole's case, she wasn't effective in diffusing Aviva's anger, and Kristen…didn't have an ice bucket.) She even criticized LuAnn in Morocco for not having made it clear when dinner was.

I've got a feeling Sonja's just going to stay in her cups all throughout the vacation and it's going to be chaos.

• Love 4
(edited)

Sonja has apparently settled her $7M lawsuit with Hannibal.  She gave them money from savings as well as from the sale of her home in France.  She also had to take out a $3.3M mortgage on the townhouse to do this (for God's sake, just sell that dump). 

So her lawsuit is TCO but now she has this mortgage.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 2
(edited)
It seems that Sonja is able to now pay off the $9M she owed because she sold two properties - the France and Colorado places.  That money from the sale of those homes was frozen until a judge ruled on the claim that Sonja's ex made that, even though she got the France property in the divorce, he is the one who has been paying to maintain the property (and taxes and mortgage?), and was owed $6M from the sale of that house.  Apparently, he lost and the judge released the $9M owed to Sonja's creditors.

That's what I got from all that.  Sonja paid off her debts by selling two homes that she got in the divorce.  She's still hanging onto the townhouse, though.

Brought this info Izzabella supplied over from the Fashionably Fired Up thread to chat more about Sonja and her situation.

This seems plausible to me, that she finally settled with her ex on his claim against the sale of her house in France. I can imagine that she left it up to him to maintain them while this rumbled slowly through the courts. We see how little she can maintain her own primary home. Not sure why he didn't just let her have that one to  sell quickly, however. It's all too convoluted and complicated for me. 

Sonja has apparently settled her $7M lawsuit with Hannibal.  She gave them money from savings as well as from the sale of her home in France.  She also had to take out a $3.3M mortgage on the townhouse to do this (for God's sake, just sell that dump).

So her lawsuit is TCO but now she has this huge mortgage.

I do think she screwed her partners in the film deal and for that reason I will never truly like her. She wanted to play wealthy film investor lady with no real wealth, only delusions, and now she's stuck in Grey Gardens II with a $3.3 million mortgage. Any NYC folks have a good guess as to what the house might be worth if she sold it today? I don't know how she got a mortgage considering she has little coming in except child support and Bravo income, which is not guaranteed to last another season. I guess she does "appearances" here and there on occasion. Maybe her divorce settlement included some stocks and bonds that give her income?

Don't really feel that sorry for her having to live with reassembled bikinis and 13 "interns" in a hot mildewy townhouse next to a parking garage. If she'd settle sell that place and move somewhere affordable and decent she might even be able to date and have something to offer a man besides her messed-up financial life.

Edited because LilaFowler posted new info the same time as I was writing this.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 1
I don't know how she got a mortgage considering she has little coming in except child support and Bravo income, which is not guaranteed to last another season. I guess she does "appearances" here and there on occasion. Maybe her divorce settlement included some stocks and bonds that give her income?

She gets a lot in child support at the moment (for some reason I thought I'd read over $20k per month), plus the Bravo money. I thought she got a lump sum property settlement of a couple of million in the divorce, who knows if she blew through that money.  And the bank can take the house and sell it if she doesn't make the payments.  They paid over $9m for the place back in the late 1990's, but it seems to have lost value since she couldn't sell it at $7.25m.  But even if it's worth say $6m, the bank won't lose money.

http://variety.com/2010/dirt/real-estalker/sonja-morgans-townhouse-on-then-off-the-market-1201230316/

RealiyTea also has an article claiming that Old Man Morgan is claiming to be destitute, despite living on a $19M private island, and is refusing to pay Sonja the $3M her lawyers say that she is owed from the post-nup.  He also reportedly owes her $100k in alimony. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Sonja smoking crack... Who said she could have dresses in the thousand of dollars price range... this too funny. Tell me if your Lady Morgan fan and if you will be buying from this line

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/dresses/

I think the funniest part of this is she is selling $1200 dresses sized Small, Medium and Large. Who does that?? Edited by shoegal
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the funniest part of this is she is selling $1200 dresses sized Small, Medium and Large. Who does that??

A person who has little to no business sense that gets her team from Craigslist.

The cheapest thing on that site are the swimwears and they are in 70 bucks and thats not including taxes.

It's hilarious. I could see if this was Versace, Dior or Ralph Lauren.

Someone should had told her she needed to crawl before walking.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Don't really feel that sorry for her having to live with reassembled bikinis and 13 "interns" in a hot mildewy townhouse next to a parking garage.

They paid over $9m for the place back in the late 1990's, but it seems to have lost value since she couldn't sell it at $7.25m.  But even if it's worth say $6m, the bank won't lose money.

Did Sonja buy the townhouse alone or was it something she and Old Man Morgan bought together?  Because I envision the Old Man being too savvy to have bought a residential property next to a parking garage.  I guess they couldn't have known there would be endless construction across the street, and of course the deterioration of the place is all on Sonja.  Those things surely make the place extra miserable to live in.

But shouldn't someone have realized buying a home next to a busy parking garage was maybe not the wisest investment? Or is there some reason one would want to do such a thing in NYC and I just don't know about it? 

• Love 1

Maybe the parking garage wasn't there when they bought the place.  I have no idea.  If someone knows the address, it's easy enough to find out when they bought it.

Even in the hottest market and a great buy, I can't imagine anyone with a bit of saavy buying a home next to a parking garage.

• Love 1

Saw this pic of Sonja in the Dailymail. Not sure when this event was.

The face is not looking so good...maybe it was just an off day, but she looks like the alcohol is starting to show some wear and tear on her face

Place your guesses....is her clutch being held together by glue, spit, gum, safety pin, tape...

29CBC07B00000578-0-image-m-3_14347711894

• Love 1

Saw this pic of Sonja in the Dailymail. Not sure when this event was.

The face is not looking so good...maybe it was just an off day, but she looks like the alcohol is starting to show some wear and tear on her face

Place your guesses....is her clutch being held together by glue, spit, gum, safety pin, tape...

29CBC07B00000578-0-image-m-3_14347711894

And look at the top of the slit -- I'm on my iPad and can't enlarge but it looks like it was stitched or repaired. Badly.

• Love 1

And look at the top of the slit -- I'm on my iPad and can't enlarge but it looks like it was stitched or repaired. Badly.

Oh the interns found 4 broken needles...but none of the needles had an intact eye for thread....Pickles....Pickles!!!!

• Love 1

Sonja is age 50-53, right? IMO she's way too young to keep hanging on to this "who I used to be" mentality. I hope that she can finally settle her debt(s) and maybe even see the sense in selling that house and moving to a well-maintained place she can keep up -- for the next 30 years if  necessary. I don't want to hear crap from her like, "This is Quincy's home!" Kids move all the time and Quincy apparently isn't there that often. (Who would want to be?) If Sonja doesn't pull herself together now she will likely wake up in 10 years' time and realize she wasted her best chances to start fresh and broaden her life into something better than recycling old bathing suits. Maybe she'd even meet a good man to date or marry if she got the "clutter" out of her home and mind.

I have a friend who fell victim to the "who I used to be" mentality and now it's 20 years since her divorce. She wasted her 50s and early 60s trying to hold on to the last vestiges of her wealthy life rather than adjusting to the "just well-to-do" life she could have been living. Wasted a lot of time and money that she really needs now. I see Sonja going down that same path. Oh well, I guess one day Quincy will inherit and then provide for her mother.

• Love 3

Oh to be a fly on the wall if Quincy and Avery ever had a chat....

How much older is Avery?

I don't remember Ramona or Sonja ever mentioning their kids "playing" or going to the same school.

Yes I agree...both kids...the things they must have seen and heard

• Love 3

I don't want to hear crap from her like, "This is Quincy's home!" Kids move all the time and Quincy apparently isn't there that often. (Who would want to be?) .

So much this. It's like Sonja thinks she's invoking her all-powerful Mama Bear when she goes on about it being her daughter's home and it can never be changed. What adolescent would want to bring friends home to that squat?

• Love 3

I think that's a great pic of Sonja and Quincy. I just cringe thinking about the crap that girl must hear about her mother.

I know - I wonder if she lives with Sonja all the time or if she stays with her father in Connecticut.

Either way, there are probably people saying things to her or that she overhears that are not so nice about her mother

• Love 2

IIRC other posters have said she goes to boarding school, so she probably splits holidays and vacations between mum and dad, thus not a lot of time at Grey Gardens II.

Wonder how much crap she gets from her schoolmates who watch RHoNY. She must be used to it by now...

• Love 1

I was reluctant to post this, because she's still a child…but Quincy has an ask.fm page and posted this:

Is it cool to have a famous mom

I get asked this question a lot so I will answer it once and then the others I will delete and that will be the end of this matter. I feel as if my mother is often portrayed unjustly to the media which is upsetting to me because she is my mother and I love her so much. I try to ignore these things but they can become unavoidable when people come up to her on the street. I know that the only reason my mother is even in the public eye is for me. She gets payed and she uses that to support me. I know not to believe what I hear and I am good at it. I know who my mother is. Now I would be glad if this question was put to rest and never asked again. Thank you.

• Love 1

Thanks, Archer1267! A mother is a mother and clearly Quincy loves her mom. I've also thought that some of her friends might find her mom "fun" and "glamorous" for being on TV, so it ain't all bad. 

Not to go too far into this, because yes, she is a child and did not sign up for this show, but I question the "she gets payed [sic] and she uses that to support me". I'm sure Daddy Morgan pays his child support. If not, we'd hear all about it from Sonja. I can see why Quincy said that, however, it makes me think a little too much about the "spin" Sonja might be putting on her reasons for being on the show. Oh, well, I'll move on from that. She's a lovely young woman and I wish her well.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was reluctant to post this, because she's still a child…but Quincy has an ask.fm page and posted this:

Thanks for posting this.

I clicked on the link. Imo, social media is scary. I would not be comfortable if my very young teenage daughter was answering those questions for everybody to see. She answered what high-school she will be going to and gave her nanny's name. I don't do FB or Twitter, so all that might be pretty normal, I'd be very nervous if she were my daughter.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
(edited)

How much older is Avery?

I don't remember Ramona or Sonja ever mentioning their kids "playing" or going to the same school.

Yes I agree...both kids...the things they must have seen and heard

Avery is in college. Sonja 's daughter is 15? I'm not really sure.

I'm pretty sure Ramona and Sonja were friend back in the day(single girls). I think they reconnected when Sonja joined the show. I think they said they had not seen each other in years.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

I don't know anything about Sonja's daughter except for her name, her parents are divorced, she goes to boarding school and has a nanny at the age of 15. She also has a mother who is a train wreck. On national television. And a possible alcoholic. One must hope that her nanny is teaching this child morals, values, manners and grammar/spelling. 

• Love 3

This is a repost from an episode thread. It is easy to believe Sonja is just wacky and harmless based on the show however this information shows her to be anything but.

Take a look at the other side of Sonja's lawsuit here: http://www.hamrickla...-right-a-wrong/

Some snippets:

The day before she was to transfer the money, she told us in front of her CEO and our lawyer, that it would not be a problem, that she would instruct her bank to move the money. The following day she returned to New York and basically didn’t call us back. She left us dry!! We called her repeatedly asking for the money to be put in escrow, and when we finally spoke with her, her response was that “Deals fall apart in Hollywood all the time” and laughed. She went back to New York, was in breach, and in the end laughed at us. So we initiated legal action and filed a lawsuit, which is a painstaking process, emotionally and financially. We sued her for breach of contract and fraud. The fraud was based on the fact that we found out she never had the money she said she had to finance our film, much less anyone else’s.

PRDC: On top of everything, Sonja went even further in trying to stop the litigation by using her connections. She had a high profile financier in the industry call us to make us aware of how very powerful they were, and that if we didn’t stop the litigation, they would make sure no one in Hollywood would work with us. It took us a long time to rebound, and you really don’t know if that had any effect at all.

• Love 1

Oh man. He's so cute, "like a Chia pet" and she "might kiss him" if she gets drunk? I hope Dr. Paul didn't think that this evening was anything more than Sonja charming her way into him picking up the tab.

• Love 3

Oh man. He's so cute, "like a Chia pet" and she "might kiss him" if she gets drunk? I hope Dr. Paul didn't think that this evening was anything more than Sonja charming her way into him picking up the tab.

...or some freebies...

• Love 2

I think Sonja is a con artist.  Someone who repeats and repeats the same con BS lies.

She worked her con on a wealthy man then on some movie people and now, trying to con viewers into her being wealthy, upper class, hobbnobber with the wealthy/powerful and an astute entrepreneur/PR person.

Not delusional, just another con artist.

Her ship came in but she was at the airport, marking her purse with a Sharpie.

Her daughter is lovely.

• Love 8

I think Sonja is a con artist.  Someone who repeats and repeats the same con BS lies.

She worked her con on a wealthy man then on some movie people and now, trying to con viewers into her being wealthy, upper class, hobbnobber with the wealthy/powerful and an astute entrepreneur/PR person.

Not delusional, just another con artist.

Her ship came in but she was at the airport, marking her purse with a Sharpie.

Her daughter is lovely.

I've always thought that too. I believe the tale that S was partying on the continent and Morgan asked her to come home because he was ill and she blew him off. He divorced her. He's completely done with her spin.
  • Love 7
(edited)

As for Sonja's drinking and partying, I imagine she's the type who can pull herself together just long enough to get through one of Quincy's visits, then she's out on the town again the minute Q leaves. So Quincy sees "the best" of her mom. Good for Sonja if she can do that, but as her life seems to be slowly heading south, I wonder if she can keep up the facade for many more years.

I still can't make sense of her financial situation, bankruptcy, whether Old ManMorgan owes her something or not. What a mess! She told Bethenny, "I'm holding on to everything I've got, and very well, thank you." Those words evoked her grasping by her fingernails, so desperate. Someday soon the Sharpies won't be able to conceal all the scratches, and she'll run out of parts for her expensive swimsuits and shoes and have to buy cheaper ones.

She has had opportunities to get a product out there. I really would have bought that toaster oven -- amd I haven't even paid 99 cents for a Housewives song. Sonja's ship is sinking and she's the one who cut holes in the bottom.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

I can't figure why S isn't concerned about losing custody of Quincy. OMM must have people letting him know what S says & does on tv & in real life when Q is not around.

• Love 2

I can't figure why S isn't concerned about losing custody of Quincy. OMM must have people letting him know what S says & does on tv & in real life when Q is not around.

My assumption has always been that Old Man Morgan didn't want full custody. She told the world last year that she had no hot water. I would think that if he were overly concerned for his daughter that would have been enough to start the process. 

• Love 2

Sonja, you leave Paul Nassif  alone. I have this whole plan worked out where Shannon on OC will get rid of David and Terry and Heather will fix her up with Paul.

• Love 3

Sonja, you leave Paul Nassif  alone. I have this whole plan worked out where Shannon on OC will get rid of David and Terry and Heather will fix her up with Paul.

Please, not that! LOL The poor guy already divorced 1 controlling, emasculating nut, he does not need another 1. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)

She has had opportunities to get a product out there. I really would have bought that toaster oven -- amd I haven't even paid 99 cents for a Housewives song. Sonja's ship is sinking and she's the one who cut holes in the bottom.

I bought a waffle iron cookbook for goodness sakes. If Sonja had a toaster oven, a cookbook, and toaster oven accessories, she would have been so golden. I just bought a pizza stone for mine.

I think Sonja is a con artist, who actually managed to con herself. She thinks she's smarter and classier than she actually is. She thinks she has more hustle than she actually does. And she has more pride at all of the wrong times. I'm sure she's been approached by eVine or some mid market brand to come up with a liveable luxury line, but I'm sure she said no because she can't get over this idea that she had it all and somehow fucked it all up.

Sonja's clothes are for the classes because only a rich person could afford to spend thousands of dollars on clothing that exists only in the imagination of Sonja Morgan. It's Theoretical Couture.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 8