Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

On 5/4/2021 at 9:48 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure is this link has been posted, but it had so many great photos of Sonja and her townhouse.   She really looks good with a more natural look.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8740219/Sonja-Morgan-debuts-bottom-remodel-Manhattan-townhouse-market-8-75-MILLION.html

This place is a dream.  I could weep.  Thank you.

Sonja has a totally different face in those closeups.

Does anyone think if she gets rid of the house she'll regret it?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2

She might, more on an emotional level if anything, as it is a reminder of her Lady Morgan days. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This place is a dream.  I could weep.  Thank you.

It has a very strange layout, which leaves it with shockingly few bedrooms, fairly small closets, bathrooms that take up half the floors, and an unfinished basement. It had 5 bedrooms, but one is the office/library across from the dining room. There's Quincy's floor (a bedroom with an ensuite bathroom and a separate bathroom that takes up half the floor) and Sonja's floor. The top floor has two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchenette, and washer dryer. Sonja has frequently rented out the top floor. It also makes an ideal nanny or mother-in-law suite, but also leaves the house with 3 bedrooms only 2 of which are actually useable as bedrooms. The basement has full height ceilings, a fireplace, and the elevator goes all the way down, but the basement isn't finished and needs a bunch of work. The layout of house is kind of awful and the whole space needs to be rethought.

11 hours ago, Hiyo said:

She might, more on an emotional level if anything, as it is a reminder of her Lady Morgan days. 

Most of the real estate professionals who have commented on the place have said it isn't worth more than $7 million and honestly not worth much more than $6 million. She took out a $3 million mortgage on it to deal with the movie lawsuit. Selling doesn't leave her with much left over. Old Man Morgan owes her $3 million from the divorce. However, Sonja neglected to mention that she owes him $3.5 million from the divorce. If she sells that house, he'll absolutely come after his missing $500K. After taxes and fees from the sale, it's doubtful that she'll be left with the kind of money she needs to buy a nice apartment where she wants to buy. She'd need about $1.5 million to buy a decent size 2 bedroom apartment in her current neighborhood.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It has a very strange layout, which leaves it with shockingly few bedrooms, fairly small closets, bathrooms that take up half the floors, and an unfinished basement. It had 5 bedrooms, but one is the office/library across from the dining room. There's Quincy's floor (a bedroom with an ensuite bathroom and a separate bathroom that takes up half the floor) and Sonja's floor. The top floor has two bedrooms, a bathroom, kitchenette, and washer dryer. Sonja has frequently rented out the top floor. It also makes an ideal nanny or mother-in-law suite, but also leaves the house with 3 bedrooms only 2 of which are actually useable as bedrooms. The basement has full height ceilings, a fireplace, and the elevator goes all the way down, but the basement isn't finished and needs a bunch of work. The layout of house is kind of awful and the whole space needs to be rethought.

Most of the real estate professionals who have commented on the place have said it isn't worth more than $7 million and honestly not worth much more than $6 million. She took out a $3 million mortgage on it to deal with the movie lawsuit. Selling doesn't leave her with much left over. Old Man Morgan owes her $3 million from the divorce. However, Sonja neglected to mention that she owes him $3.5 million from the divorce. If she sells that house, he'll absolutely come after his missing $500K. After taxes and fees from the sale, it's doubtful that she'll be left with the kind of money she needs to buy a nice apartment where she wants to buy. She'd need about $1.5 million to buy a decent size 2 bedroom apartment in her current neighborhood.

That sounds really bizarre!! I think another problem is the staircase using up a lot of space. 
Did Sonja actually pay someone to repair her elevator?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I wish we could see the original layout. What is interesting to me is the lack of rear stairs and I think they had them taken out during the original renovation/construction. My guess, looking at the floor plans and the photos, is the rear rooms (office, kitchen, study, terrace) are modern additions and the fifth floor, which would have been servants quarters, was completely rebuilt to be able to hold all of the roof mounted mechanical equipment (there are three air conditioning condensers alone, and all of the ventilation, and a few satellite dishes).

The downstairs living room would have been the original kitchen and there would have been back stairs up to the dining room. The original bathrooms would have been on each floor in the middle of the house, in line with the bathroom on the parlor floor and fifth floor. The bedroom on the parlor floor would have been, wait for it, the original parlor, and the third and fourth floor giant bathrooms would have been bedrooms originally. Horses would have been kept at a nearby stable street.

Historic residential architecture is my hobby and I have a bunch of books on NY townhouses and apartment buildings. I live for this sh*t ☺️

ETA: I'm guessing when Sonja lived there with OMM and Q, they had live-in help on the fifth floor.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 5
  • Useful 8

On 5/11/2021 at 1:30 PM, RedDelicious said:

I wish we could see the original layout. What is interesting to me is the lack of rear stairs and I think they had them taken out during the original renovation/construction. My guess, looking at the floor plans and the photos, is the rear rooms (office, kitchen, study, terrace) are modern additions and the fifth floor, which would have been servants quarters, was completely rebuilt to be able to hold all of the roof mounted mechanical equipment (there are three air conditioning condensers alone, and all of the ventilation, and a few satellite dishes).

The downstairs living room would have been the original kitchen and there would have been back stairs up to the dining room. The original bathrooms would have been on each floor in the middle of the house, in line with the bathroom on the parlor floor and fifth floor. The bedroom on the parlor floor would have been, wait for it, the original parlor, and the third and fourth floor giant bathrooms would have been bedrooms originally. Horses would have been kept at a nearby stable street.

Historic residential architecture is my hobby and I have a bunch of books on NY townhouses and apartment buildings. I live for this sh*t ☺️

ETA: I'm guessing when Sonja lived there with OMM and Q, they had live-in help on the fifth floor.

Where were you yesterday? I looked at a townhouse and I love the location, view but the floor plan is weird to me. 

• Like 2