Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

It has been said in the episode threads, but needs to be in the Sonja thread … what is with her and turning on the sex kitten every time a male walks by? It was so funny in Montana, she would hear a male voice and suddenly be posed with lips pursed out … I wish I remember which poster pointed it out first, but it cracks me up. 

And at the same time, it is so sad. Is this how she is trying to needle her ex? Showing how desirable she is? It is funny, you could see the men in Montana respond so much more to Heather (who is just bad ass) or Carole (who also plays up sex kitten, but at the same time is still cool and relaxed) or Kristin (who, despite her faults, it isn't hard to see why she is a model). But they all seemed to run away from Sonja. 

I know it is stereotypical, but men like a little bit of a chase!

I've been just lurking twop, then here.  I'm enjoying your posts almost more than the actual shows.

After the last couple of episodes I've begun to wonder if Sonja is playing up to Aviva because she has decided to go all out after Harry (after all, the family has money, I understand) and feels that having Aviva's approval will seal the deal.  Could it be that she has realized her future is not looking too bright. She really couldn't be as delusional as she appears. It could be an act. His family, I think, is old money--and it would give her some stability (maybe, and some prestige) more than her present situation. With the judgment looming and her general financial situation, it may be that she sees this as keeping up appearances with the social set.

Aviva and Harry have a comfortable relationship and her approval might mean a lot for Sonja. 

After seeing first look I'm now almost convinced.

• Love 5

I've been just lurking twop, then here.  I'm enjoying your posts almost more than the actual shows.

After the last couple of episodes I've begun to wonder if Sonja is playing up to Aviva because she has decided to go all out after Harry (after all, the family has money, I understand) and feels that having Aviva's approval will seal the deal.  Could it be that she has realized her future is not looking too bright. She really couldn't be as delusional as she appears. It could be an act. His family, I think, is old money--and it would give her some stability (maybe, and some prestige) more than her present situation. With the judgment looming and her general financial situation, it may be that she sees this as keeping up appearances with the social set.

Aviva and Harry have a comfortable relationship and her approval might mean a lot for Sonja. 

After seeing first look I'm now almost convinced.

Absolutely right!  

I do like Harry and Sonja together.  They seem to match.

I'm kind of fascinated (and not in a good way) by people who talk about themselves in the third person. I didn't think anyone really did that outside of Jimmy on Seinfeld. All I can think of is, Sonja is trying to create a one-name brand for herself...first there was Twiggy, then Cher, then Madonna, and now Sonja. LOL! As Regina George would say, "Stop trying to make "Sonja" happen."

I guess I'm fascinated by this because Sonja's really had a strange character narrative since S3, when she seemed so down-to-earth and was the voice of reason. I see brief flashes of S3 Sonja here and there, but it's mostly been diluted with Scattered, Panty-less Sonja.

• Love 2

Sonja's daughter, Quincy, is growing up to be a beauty, imo.  I hope someone (because I'm not sure it's been Sonja) has instilled in her a good character.  When you grow up with money, the line between becoming a contributing member to society and a Kardashian is a fine one.  Especially when you've good good looks, too.

According to this, Old man Morgan asked Sonja to marry him on their first official date and they married just months later.

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/1907067

• Love 1

Awwww, I just Googled Quincy Morgan and saw some recent red carpet images of her and Sonja---pretty girl indeed!

Let's hope her natural Morgan connections will allow her to stay in good social standing and that her mom's skanky famewhorish behavior doesn't haunt her as she grows up. Best idea John Morgan ever had so far has been to make sure Quincy stays off the show, I think.

Much like Brandi from RHoBH and Tamara from RHoOC, these women act trashy enough on their own without them dragging their poor kids into the televised mess---interesting and very telling that ALL these equally embarrassing housewives have ex'es not allowing their children on television, isn't it?

• Love 1

On the WWHL after show a caller asked about Sonja's alliance with Aviva. Ramona, Heather and Lu explained that Sonya's daughter is best friends with Harry Dubin's son. I think the only nice thing I can say about Sonja is that she does think about her daughter's happiness ... somewhat. 

• Love 1

Sonja's delusional character and crazy antics aside, I have been wanting to comment on this about her all season:

I think she looked absolutely fantastic this season. Toned, tanned, slightly trimmed down. Even her hair and skin were healthy looking. Just what has she done? She always looked great in her talking heads. Take note, Tamra.

I'd like to know her beauty secrets.

• Love 4

Oh yes...when did Sonja's other business ventures suddenly take off? We heard about the toaster ad infinitum and then, suddenly, Sonja last night rattles off the (relative) successes she's having with other products. Either these are legit and she learned her lesson from talking about stuff last season, and has kept these things hush hush...or it's more Sonja delusion. Anyone have any info?

I can't wait for the moment at the Reunion when she tells Kristen that she didn't need Josh to talk to her about branding....that SHE advises people on how to build their own brands!

• Love 1

Oh yes...when did Sonja's other business ventures suddenly take off? We heard about the toaster ad infinitum and then, suddenly, Sonja last night rattles off the (relative) successes she's having with other products. Either these are legit and she learned her lesson from talking about stuff last season, and has kept these things hush hush...or it's more Sonja delusion. Anyone have any info?

I can't wait for the moment at the Reunion when she tells Kristen that she didn't need Josh to talk to her about branding....that SHE advises people on how to build their own brands!

I think Sonja confuses "taking a meeting" with actually being a successful business person. Sort of like Romy and Michelle asking for the business woman's lunch and thinking they were business women.

• Love 2

ROL is now reporting that Sonja is helping Bravo recast RHONY.  She is a darling of the network so they are building the new cast around her.  She is actively looking and bringing friends in now.

I. just. can't.

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually don't mind if Sonja is bringing in women from her social circle who haven't declared bankruptcy. I want to see the show get back to its "see how the privileged live" aspirations. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Sonja, she did have entry into an exclusive world for a time. Whereas I think many of the people in that world wouldn't be caught dead on a reality show, I think Sonja can pull in RHoNY-caliber cast members who have more going on than "husband started an energy supplement company."

Edited by archer1267

If Sonja had any friends in her previous circle her Morgan marriage afforded her, I suspect we would have seen them by now.  Even Ramona and Luann who are more from her post-divorce days of affluence than they are from her as Mrs. Morgan (by this I mean they might have known her but they got to know her better I think from the way they all talk).

The fact that a bunch of people who "work" for Sonja are the ones getting served up pigs in a blanket for Sonja's seasonal social event is rather telling.  Any women worth the show's time that Sonja claims to be able to corral I suspect exist only in Sonja's blatant make believe world.  My guess is if there are any real cocktail crowd society women in the NYC area who seek attention via reality tv they don't want to come burdened with Sonja Morgan as their entry ticket. 

Sonja should be very careful.  She doesn't offer that much really.  I think viewers tend to get more miffed at the idea there isn't the money there the cast member pretends to have more than they do the various antics the women get up to on camera.  I think it is why Alex wore viewers out.  And her stay.  I think it is clearly why the Curtins got the heave from the OC.  i think even the Bellinos on the OC were helped off the set the first time by the obvious smoke and mirrors behind Jim's "wealth".  And problably helped Alexis get the call back because they had a real business to profile.  Even Gretchen and Slade I suspect got heaved in part because the show got tired of having to do everything when it came to presenting their lifestyle.  Whereas the other women have the homes and even the cars that provide the background of the aspirational lifestyle the show is selling.. 

Sonja has none of that left.  Compare the social albeit contrived, whirl we saw her present when she first came.  Compare it to last night.

And if she adds into her bizarrely entitled behavior the notion she has real pull and say on the show?  I think that could be the kiss of death for this woman.  and about time I say.  I don't care if it is her only paycheck.  She needs to be made to live in the real world.  Just because I'm mean.

I do wonder if maybe she sold tickets to her "team" to make this work?  Maybe she said if they paid her a certain amount of money she could get them into a filmed event?  I could see her doing that.  Telling everyone she deals with if they wanted to be on a real housewives show she could get them on but only for fifty bucks.  And then when it becomes clear it is a party Sonja is throwing, for Sonja, it explains why the show didn't have any trouble getting dozens of perplexed looks from the crowd on camera.  Plus she probably knew Aviva was coming to create a scene so that might have been the added lure.

• Love 1

As Aviva was getting ready to remove her leg (or already had), Sonja said, "Keep it together." to Aviva. hmmmm

That whole "party" was one big crock. Aviva imo, knew exactly what she was going to say and do, long before she walked through the door.

• Love 1

As Aviva was getting ready to remove her leg (or already had), Sonja said, "Keep it together." to Aviva. hmmmm

That whole "party" was one big crock. Aviva imo, knew exactly what she was going to say and do, long before she walked through the door.

I agree, she even alluded to it during her sit down talk in Sonja's "garden" after they got back from Montana.  Sonja told her the girls thought she was faking it and she knocked on her leg and asked if they thought she was faking that, too.  That "keep it together" was quite funny, I guess she couldn't say "keep your leg on, Aviva"...

Sonja's daughter, Quincy, is growing up to be a beauty, imo.  I hope someone (because I'm not sure it's been Sonja) has instilled in her a good character.  When you grow up with money, the line between becoming a contributing member to society and a Kardashian is a fine one.  Especially when you've good good looks, too.

According to this, Old man Morgan asked Sonja to marry him on their first official date and they married just months later.

Thank you very much for sharing this link. It was a fascinating read. Even more so, imho, the previous article about Sonja wrote by the author which he links in the article you posted. http://newyorksocialdiary.com/node/1020955

It was illuminating reading about this man first of all but the inside eye on "the young Sonja", the grifter Sonja, the one who would have done anything (and did) to climb the ladder, that was quite awesome. And well writen, icing on the cake.

Now, I can measure what she has truly lost when she hit the expiration date for her womanizer husband and he basically threw her out of his life(style). 

So again, thank you.

• Love 2

You're very welcome.  And thank you in return - that other piece was eye opening as well.  Certainly illustrates how the mighty have fallen.  It's difficult to imagine how the really rich, old money live so sometimes when Sonja talks about her many different closets full of clothes for St Tropez, Paris, etc., I've tended to roll my eyes.  But I do believe this was her reality at one time.

I don't doubt this has hit Sonja very hard.  That is no longer her reality. She needs to put on her Big Girl Panties, because surely she must have a drawer for those, no?, and move on.

• Love 1

So…I think in a TH Sonja listed off a lot of things…was there a clothing line in France…and putting together a fragrance? Have any of those things become a reality or are they more delusions?

(edited)

One thing is for sure I think - there is no way Sonja is using a ghostwriter for her blogs.  Those things are so nonsensical and crazy - just like her THs I think - that she has to be responsible for them.

Edited by Brooke0707

One thing is for sure I think - there is no way Sonja is using a ghostwriter for her blogs. Those things are so nonsensical and crazy - just like her THs I think - that she has to be responsible for them.

Yep, she confirmed for me she wrote her own blogs after her "speech" this episode.

Yep, she confirmed for me she wrote her own blogs after her "speech" this episode.

During her speech or toast I started giggling because I thought for sure she was going to pull a Joey Tribbiani wedding toast. I don't remember it exactly but it was a bunch of trite said in slightly different ways but the really the same thing over and over again. Yep, Sonja and Joey have the same toasting skills.

• Love 1
(edited)

During her speech or toast I started giggling because I thought for sure she was going to pull a Joey Tribbiani wedding toast. I don't remember it exactly but it was a bunch of trite said in slightly different ways but the really the same thing over and over again. Yep, Sonja and Joey have the same toasting skills.

This one?

Joey's vow, to Chandler and Monica:

"We are gathered here today on this joyous occasion to celebrate the special love that Monica and Chandler share. It is a love based on giving and receiving. As well as having and sharing. And the love that they give and have is shared and received. And through this having and giving and sharing and receiving. We too can share and love and have and receive...When I think of the love that these two givers and receivers share, I can not help but envy the lifetime ahead of having and loving and giving and…"

Edited by Rhetorica
  • Love 2

This one?

Joey's vow, to Chandler and Monica:

"We are gathered here today on this joyous occasion to celebrate the special love that Monica and Chandler share. It is a love based on giving and receiving. As well as having and sharing. And the love that they give and have is shared and received. And through this having and giving and sharing and receiving. We too can share and love and have and receive...When I think of the love that these two givers and receivers share, I can not help but envy the lifetime ahead of having and loving and giving and…"

Oh my, thank you! Still makes me laugh.

Sonja's daughter, Quincy, is growing up to be a beauty, imo. I hope someone (because I'm not sure it's been Sonja) has instilled in her a good character. When you grow up with money, the line between becoming a contributing member to society and a Kardashian is a fine one. Especially when you've good good looks, too.

Reading the artical reminds me how much I used to love reading Dominick Dunne's books.

Sonja's life story is like DD wrote it himself.

Thanks rye bread, for posting the link.

• Love 2

Now there is a thought, how would Dominick Dunne write Sonja?? Tempting..

Sonja said there were "contracts on the table" for a couple of things (can't recall which specifically). I would be shocked if, even assuming she wasn't completely lying, the contracts were from other companies and sent TO her. More likely she had them drawn up, or her lawyer sent her sample contracts. No way she has any product on the market or nearing the market.

Great articles, especially the first one. Ha ha, the author outed her as a high priced hooker. Love it.

Anyone else notice the name "Tiffany Dubin" when the author listed the big shots that frequented the restaurant? I imagine that's Harry's mother?

Funny that the author mentioned her shopping at Bergdorf's more often since the divorce. My sister works in a couture dept at a high end dept store in NYC and Sonja came in. She was there for a couple of hours, tried on some verrrrry expensive outfits, put stuff on hold and said she'll come back with her boyfriend, who will pay for everything. Bitch never came back.

• Love 1

BRAVO needs to take Sonja off TV right now. The woman is becoming more and more pathetic with each episode (and with each blog she submits). This is not entertainment. It's just plain uncomfortable to watch. I don't want to see her sign those contracts that are "on the table". I don't want to see her tell us that it was her choice that Harry Dubin is moving on and "not getting the girl". I don't want to listen to her proclaiming herself a devoted mother. The woman needs serious psychological help, not an audience.

• Love 1

So, there's a clip on Bravo of the women sharing which designer they're wearing as well as another clip about who they'd want to play them in a RHONY film version. For all the accusations hurled at Carole thinking that she's Carrie Bradshaw, I think it's really Sonja who fancies herself as such. In response to which actress she'd want to portray her in a movie, Sonja named Sarah Jessica Parker. And after sharing the designer of her heels--Jimmy Choo--Sonja went on to quote something about "a woman's right to shoes."

• Love 1

I almost feel sorry for Sonja. I can't imagine how it would feel to be whisked into a life of wealthy, connections, pleasure, and luxury, and then have it mostly taken away.

But then, I hear her talk, as she did on the reunion. There is nothing wrong with her past. There is nothing wrong with humble beginnings. There is nothing wrong with being a hostess and working her way up in the world, maybe learning about investments through her husband, etc etc.

But I am no longer sure what her story is. Was she a child model who invested her money wisely? Was she a house flipper who made a modest fortune? She can't seem to answer any question, or now what anything means. How does a lifestyle expert equate to a house flipper, even in the high end, luxury market? Even Donald Trump made money building luxury homes, there is nothing wrong with that. Just be truthful, and then you will have more friends and support. It is hard to take the lies seriously, and it will probably cost her not just these housewife friends, but her real ones as well. After all, her original story has been told and documented in the show, in articles, in stories about her husband's life, etc. Why try to change it, or maybe even fake it, so many years later?

Sadly, I think delusional might be the right word. And I do feel sad, because I liked her on the show until this season.

• Love 2

She flipped houses, was a child model. All this happened at 14? Huh? I don't even understand her anymore.

Sonja just says things and I think people are so shocked that they let her prattle on.

I wonder if Diddy drank canned wine on her yacht?

Why wasn't she called to the carpet more for lying about all these "businesses" she runs? She said she was going to answer the question but then she went on about her abundance candle and how she can't take a $100k deal. She never said on the show that these businesses were only offers, she said they were in the works. Then in the reunion she said she gets hundreds of emails about endorsing a product. So is she equating those email inquiries with being a business for herself?

Then when she is pressed about what she does, she calls herself a "lifestyle expert". Then when she is asked what a lifestyle expert is, she says she sold a house. And no one in the history of ever has paid her tens of thousands of dollars for branding advice. It didn't happen. She can't be honest about anything. She was a hostess at a restaurant. Nothing wrong with that, but of course she has to turn it into a "restaurant consultant".

She has changed since her first season. I recently watched her first season on hulu, and she was really so charming and funny. She made me laugh out loud several times. I especially loved the scene with Sonya and Lu calling Jill from Sonya's garden. Even Jill said "they're out yenta-ing me!"

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah. I liked Sonja up until this season. Before I tried to explain away and rationalize things she said and/or did, but this season, it was like Delusion jumped out of a closet and said, "I love Sonja!" Now they're thicker than thieves, Sonja and Delusion. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

Can I just say, Sonja gave me my new mantra : "CyberJawa..Sagittarius... half man, half horse."  Thank you Lady Morgan...

ETA:  I actually said it during a quick "inspirational" moment I was having with some friends...the WTF's around the table...I hate having no friends who love the HW's like I do...that's probably why I'm here.  :)

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Why wasn't she called to the carpet more for lying about all these "businesses" she runs?

I think at this point, even the most delusional of housewives (Ramona) feels bad for her. Sonja is clearly so deep into this lie at this point, she will keep talking to circles to the very end when it comes to her financial situation.

So according to that article, he does still owe her money for the divorce settlement. I thought Sonja was making that up, but it looks like her financial situation would be eased if he'd pay her what he owes her.

I'm not sure I believe it. I think Sonja was the source for that piece. It smells like her, and it's not the odor of abundance.

I meant to ask this ages ago.  What the fuck is an abundance candle?

I think it's a candle that is supposed to bring you money when you light it. Of course, in reality it only brings money to the maker of the abundance candle. I assume that individual is among the swamis/psychics/charlatans on Team Sonja.

She has changed since her first season. I recently watched her first season on hulu, and she was really so charming and funny. She made me laugh out loud several times.

There were moments in the first season when she was charming, and she handled Kelly well. But she rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, like when she was going on and on to Ramona about how she only went on the trip to St. John because she knew Ramona would do it right, with "luxury." She spent a fair bit of time talking about her yacht, where she had been, all that stuff. But in the first season, that was only part of what we saw. Now it's the only thing we see from her.

I still think that she's taking too much Adderall or something to stay thin. She's so jittery, paranoid, scattered, deluded, nonsensical, and, most of all, imperious.

Edited by lisalionheart
  • Love 5

Dead-on, lisalionheart!  I had the same read on Sonja from the beginning.  She's a liar, she and Ramona manufactured the Harry proposal to propose to propse to propose etc. etc. bullshit, and tabloids are about the only things she reads, I'm certain.

I would be stunned if she wasn't on Adderall.  Lord knows actual exercise and management of her diet to stay thin is not something in her wheelhouse.  She scrubs toilets with bikini bottoms and reaches glove-free into toilets to extract dropped phones, has 'interms' cover pee spots with pee pads, yet maintains her appearance with comped visits to dermatologists.  Her vanity and arrogance in that one area is enormous, and what she spends time and whatever funds working on instead of any of her made-up businesses and deals. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure I believe it. I think Sonja was the source for that piece. It smells like her, and it's not the odor of abundance.

I think it's a candle that is supposed to bring you money when you light it. Of course, in reality it only brings money to the maker of the abundance candle. I assume that individual is among the swamis/psychics/charlatans on Team Sonja.

There were moments in the first season when she was charming, and she handled Kelly well. But she rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, like when she was going on and on to Ramona about how she only went on the trip to St. John because she knew Ramona would do it right, with "luxury." She spent a fair bit of time talking about her yacht, where she had been, all that stuff. But in the first season, that was only part of what we saw. Now it's the only thing we see from her.

I still think that she's taking too much Adderall or something to stay thin. She's so jittery, paranoid, scattered, deluded, nonsensical, and, most of all, imperious.

The source of the article comes from Court filings where Sonja's ex's attorney are asking to be relieved of counsel because of non-payment.  I don't see how Sonja has anything to do with her ex's relationship with his own attorneys.  I do think the public filing was picked up by news sources more because of Sonja's RHONYC fame than the JP Morgan connection.

When the two married they entered into a contract supported by a pre-nup, after so many years the guy needs to pay his bills be it his attorneys or Sonja.  Sonja was held to task for entering into a contract she did not honor same rules should apply for this guy.

• Love 4

The source of the article comes from Court filings where Sonja's ex's attorney are asking to be relieved of counsel because of non-payment.  I don't see how Sonja has anything to do with her ex's relationship with his own attorneys.  I do think the public filing was picked up by news sources more because of Sonja's RHONYC fame than the JP Morgan connection.

When the two married they entered into a contract supported by a pre-nup, after so many years the guy needs to pay his bills be it his attorneys or Sonja.  Sonja was held to task for entering into a contract she did not honor same rules should apply for this guy.

This is still ongoing from their divorce. Morgan is appealing the settlement/judgment that they were given in divorce court. He does need to pay his attorneys though and I have to wonder if at his current age, if there is some sort of dementia/memory loss going on that has effected his ability to manage his bills/money OR he is that mad at Sonja. I would think he has accountants to take care of these types of bills though.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

This is still ongoing from their divorce. Morgan is appealing the settlement/judgment that they were given in divorce court. He does need to pay his attorneys though and I have to wonder if at his current age, if there is some sort of dementia/memory loss going on that has effected his ability to manage his bills/money OR he is that mad at Sonja. I would think he has accountants to take care of these types of bills though.

I don't see how he can still be appealing the divorce settlement-it has been years.  What I read into Morgan's counsel's statement is that he is flat out refusing to pay the bills-not that he is unable physically or mentally to but just that he is refusing.  Even though people employ accountants they usually review what is being paid.  He may have specifically instructed his accountants not to pay the attorneys.I only hope the pre-nup or the court has an interest provision in it.  Who knows what Sonja would be like if her legal problems were resolved.  I would like to see a lucid Sonja again.  She was fun her first season or two. 

• Love 1

I don't see how he can still be appealing the divorce settlement-it has been years.  What I read into Morgan's counsel's statement is that he is flat out refusing to pay the bills-not that he is unable physically or mentally to but just that he is refusing.  Even though people employ accountants they usually review what is being paid.  He may have specifically instructed his accountants not to pay the attorneys.I only hope the pre-nup or the court has an interest provision in it.  Who knows what Sonja would be like if her legal problems were resolved.  I would like to see a lucid Sonja again.  She was fun her first season or two. 

Even in the ROL article you posted, it states that he is "appealing" the settlement from their divorce, so it is still ongoing after all these years. Sonja was awarded  $3 million and 1/2 ownership of a vacation home in Colorado (which she wants to sell) among other things but these 2 he seems to be disputing. There were claims of infidelity made against and by BOTH of them in their divorce so that can negate or change any pre-nup she signed. Most likely he is just trying to wait her out hoping she just gives up and walks away from any money that he may still owe her.

She had NOTHING when they got married and she has walked away with more than most will ever have in their life time. I think, had it not been for her movie scam she would be much better off financially now but she had to pretend she had something she no longer had, an endless well of money. At this stage of her life, Sonja needs to gather herself and focus on 1 thing, see it through and build from there step by step.  She no longer has that deep well of money and needs to stop acting like she does before she looses what she does have. IMO, just mine, Sonja wants the money but does not want to work for it, she wants to be the face of some product with the lions share of the proceeds of any sales which turns away any real deal with a legit company. 

I think Sonja brought the court filings over to the Radar Online office with a batch of cookies made in a Sonja Morgan toaster oven prototype. And I'm sure that if there are legitimate reasons why Morgan might be having problems with his legal team, Sonja isn't sharing them with Radar.

My Southern instinct is just watching this sad clip of crunk Sonja thinking, "Oh bless her heart!!!"

Really, I shudder to imagine what sort of hangover she suffered after the sordid "victory lap" she ran the next morning with that thirsty queen.

Yet somehow I still find that clip *slightly* less embarrassing than the photos of drunk, stumbling Brandi of RH of Beverly Hills clinging to her pet mo with a tampon string hanging out of her ass.

• Love 2