Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

On July 3, 2016 at 10:16 AM, WireWrap said:

Seems like TG is getting ready to finally open its doors! I wonder if smoke can be spotted coming from Bethenny's office/apartment! LOL http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/07/03/inside-sonja-morgans-tipsy-girl-restaurant-wine-line/

Strange, there is no mention of the opening on Sonja's twitter. I wonder if she backed off publicly supporting TG to placate Bethenny?

I'm not sure why Sonja would tweet about it. She has nothing to do with the restaurant.

The article is also inaccurate.  It makes it sound like Sonja and her cohorts won the Trademark battle. They got the trademark for the restaurant, which was never an issue. Beth didn't have an issue with the restaurant. The issue was on the alcoholic beverages. Neither Beth nor Peter have gotten that trademark. Both requests have currently been suspended pending further action. 

• Love 1

I think it's an awful name for a restaurant.  I mean, I know women outnumber men 3 to 1 in NYC but are there enough women diners to keep that restaurant afloat?  Because I seriously can't imagine a group of business men going to lunch or dinner at 'Tipsy Girl'.  Or a group of any men.  Unless they're going to meet tipsy girls.  And there are any number of establishments in New York that they can go to and do that.  Somehow a softly lit, pink ambiance'd restaurant that specializes in prosecco and sparkling rose doesn't seem like the place.

I smell a flop.  But only time will tell.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I think it's an awful name for a restaurant.  I mean, I know women outnumber men 3 to 1 in NYC but are there enough women diners to keep that restaurant afloat?  Because I seriously can't imagine a group of business men going to lunch or dinner at 'Tipsy Girl'.  Or a group of any men.  Unless they're going to meet tipsy girls.  And there are any number of establishments in New York that they can go to and do that.  Somehow a softly lit, pink ambiance'd restaurant that specializes in prosecco and sparkling rose doesn't seem like the place.

I smell a flop.  But only time will tell.

Well, considering that this guy tends to be involved with restaurants that flop, I think you are on to something. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not sure why Sonja would tweet about it. She has nothing to do with the restaurant.

The article is also inaccurate.  It makes it sound like Sonja and her cohorts won the Trademark battle. They got the trademark for the restaurant, which was never an issue. Beth didn't have an issue with the restaurant. The issue was on the alcoholic beverages. Neither Beth nor Peter have gotten that trademark. Both requests have currently been suspended pending further action. 

If Sonja was still the face of TG I would expect her to tweet about the opening, so I am wondering if she has backed away from TG/Peter.

20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny must have OK'ed her doing it, I just don't see Kyle allowing it otherwise. Which begs the question....was the whole TG fight staged for the show then? LOL

It's interesting to be sure. I've wondered if this whole deal was for the show, but Beth really did file for the Trademark before Peter did, but she kept it all off of the show. As the matter of fact, Beth kept any and all talk for the most part off of the show, deciding instead to stay away from Sonja. It seems like if the plan was to make it a really big deal, that we would have seen Beth and Sonja hash it out more than we did. It will be interesting to see how this is all handled at the reunion. Since it hasn't filmed yet, and Sonja has already had a tasting, I am sure she will want to highlight the fact that she might have actually gotten something off the ground (although we all know she had nothing actually to do with it). If she had a tasting at Kyle's place, you would think she would mention it. That should be an interesting topic. 

• Love 1

A different take on the event:  http://hamptons-magazine.com/culture-post/51235/digital-editions  Apparently Sonja was there for a trunk show of Sonja Morgan New York.  She got the Tipsy Girl photo as a bonus.  My guess is Kyle is probably unaware of the Skinnygirl vs Tipsy Girl battle.

I don't think Kyle Richards checks in with Bethenny for an okay on how to run her business or who she can feature at her store.  Not to be crass, but Bethenny was kind of household help for her sister, Kathy Hilton and met Kyle while working as a hostess in a restaurant. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

A different take on the event:  http://hamptons-magazine.com/culture-post/51235/digital-editions  Apparently Sonja was there for a trunk show of Sonja Morgan New York.  She got the Tipsy Girl photo as a bonus.  My guess is Kyle is probably unaware of the Skinnygirl vs Tipsy Girl battle.

I don't think Kyle Richards checks in with Bethenny for an okay on how to run her business or who she can feature at her store.  Not to be crass, but Bethenny was kind of household help for her sister, Kathy Hilton and met Kyle while working as a hostess in a restaurant. 

Naw, witness while I present the other side of the evidence:  How could Kyle *not* know what's happening on RHONY, another hugely popular RH franchise?  Or about that story line, which involves Bethenny, who Kyle asked to host a party for the RHOBH laydees?  Former help or no (and I'm not sure it was really THAT kind of servile relationship since they're basically the same age), Kyle put her relationship with B front and center.  

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's interesting to be sure. I've wondered if this whole deal was for the show, but Beth really did file for the Trademark before Peter did, but she kept it all off of the show. As the matter of fact, Beth kept any and all talk for the most part off of the show, deciding instead to stay away from Sonja. It seems like if the plan was to make it a really big deal, that we would have seen Beth and Sonja hash it out more than we did. It will be interesting to see how this is all handled at the reunion. Since it hasn't filmed yet, and Sonja has already had a tasting, I am sure she will want to highlight the fact that she might have actually gotten something off the ground (although we all know she had nothing actually to do with it). If she had a tasting at Kyle's place, you would think she would mention it. That should be an interesting topic. 

Except that Bethenny trademarked "Tipsygirl", 1 word, even though Peter named it "Tipsy Girl", 2 words. Has she really been trying to stop him, she would have gone after the 2 word name which was still available to be trademarked. LOL Something stinks here and I am starting to suspect it is a fake storyline stink. LOL

Seriously, does anyone really think Kyle would slap her good friend Bethenny in the face by allowing TG, a "cheater brand" according to Bethenny, to have its first public tasting in her NY store without Bethenny's Ok first? LOL

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Except that Bethenny trademarked "Tipsygirl", 1 word, even though Peter named it "Tipsy Girl", 2 words. Has she really been trying to stop him, she would have gone after the 2 word name which was still available to be trademarked. LOL Something stinks here and I am starting to suspect it is a fake storyline stink. LOL

Seriously, does anyone really think Kyle would slap her good friend Bethenny in the face by allowing TG, a "cheater brand" according to Bethenny, to have its first public tasting in her NY store without Bethenny's Ok first? LOL

I think Kyle is a big girl and she and her business partners don't need to check in with Bethenny.  Kyle and Bethenny are friends they are not BFFs.  Bethenny was her sister's nanny and dated an old boyfriend of Kyle's.  To expect Kyle to check in would be asinine on Bethenny's part.  I am kind of loving the idea that Sonja worked it though.  Bethenny used Kyle as the scapegoat for not inviting Luann to the RHOBH dinner last year.  Maybe Kyle didn't appreciate that little tidbit.  You have to admit Kyle and Bethenny are miles apart in the family department.  Kyle manages to keep a good relationship with her ex-Bethenny is a nightmare.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Kyle is a big girl and she and her business partners don't need to check in with Bethenny.  Kyle and Bethenny are friends they are not BFFs.  Bethenny was her sister's nanny and dated an old boyfriend of Kyle's.  To expect Kyle to check in would be asinine on Bethenny's part.  I am kind of loving the idea that Sonja worked it though.  Bethenny used Kyle as the scapegoat for not inviting Luann to the RHOBH dinner last year.  Maybe Kyle didn't appreciate that little tidbit.  You have to admit Kyle and Bethenny are miles apart in the family department.  Kyle manages to keep a good relationship with her ex-Bethenny is a nightmare.

I disagree and I know the history of Kyle and Bethenny but both women claim they are close friends, not FR bf close but close enough friends that I don't see Kyle doing something that could hurt/upset a long time friend. Yes, Bethenny and Kyle are miles apart in their family relationships and they are miles apart in how they treat friends which is what makes me believe that Kyle wouldn't want to hurt her friend Bethenny without checking with her first.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't believe one single word of it. I actually cannot get the story to open up. Can someone post the part of the article that says she was at Kyle's shop? Does it say more? What Kyle there? 

Kyle and Beth are close - they just are. They tweet back and forth all of the time. I've never seen Beth tweet any other person as often or as consistently as she does Kyle. One or the other will post old pictures of the two of them together. They are still close friends (I'm not sure about BFF's). 

If Kyle just doesn't care what Beth thinks, than she is a bitch, and everything that has ever been said about her is true. Beth was upset because she thought that Sonja was using her name to ramp up her fake brand and storyline this season. What would Sonja be doing by using Beth's close friend to launch her brand? Does anyone believe it would just be a coincidence for Sonja to use Kyle's place? Anyone? That it wasn't a dig and a big fat "fuck you"? Sonja, who supposedly knows everyone in New York and The Hamptons, has contacts all over the place, and according to her on website still runs Sonja in the City, which can get any venue imaginable for an event. And she picks Kyle's pop up shop? The fact that Kyle is a big girl isn't really the point. Of course she is. She is also a friend, and to do anything that would help Sonja launch a brand that her close friend is upset about is just horrendous. 

If it happened, I cannot imagine that Kyle had any knowledge of it at all. This is a lease deal for her. They are no doubt having events there all of the time and she would have someone else managing this for her. She would never ever do it without Beth's knowledge, unless of course this is all about a storyline. I don't care what anyone else says, I am 100% sure they are currently filming the BH show. I know Kyle is on vacation (which they are probably filming), but they could still film her getting an angry call from Beth about what had just gone on in her shop. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

I don't believe one single word of it. I actually cannot get the story to open up. Can someone post the part of the article that says she was at Kyle's shop? Does it say more? What Kyle there?

Kyle wasn't there but their are pictures of a bunch of women clearly at the shop with bottles of Tipsy Girl in the OK Magazine article. Here is the paragraph from the Hamptons article that mentions it:

Sonja Morgan hosted a trunk show at Kyle By Alene Too in Southampton and served her Tipsy Girl sparkling rosé to pals. The Real Housewives of New York star pointed out the nude dress she designed that she’ll wear on the upcoming reunion show. Morgan also said she sold her house in St. Tropez to pay off her lawsuit, but she and her daughter are still headed there for their annual trip.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Kyle and Beth are close - they just are. They tweet back and forth all of the time. I've never seen Beth tweet any other person as often or as consistently as she does Kyle. One or the other will post old pictures of the two of them together. They are still close friends (I'm not sure about BFF's). 

If Kyle just doesn't care what Beth thinks, than she is a bitch, and everything that has ever been said about her is true. Beth was upset because she thought that Sonja was using her name to ramp up her fake brand and storyline this season. What would Sonja be doing by using Beth's close friend to launch her brand? Does anyone believe it would just be a coincidence for Sonja to use Kyle's place? Anyone? That it wasn't a dig and a big fat "fuck you"? Sonja, who supposedly knows everyone in New York and The Hamptons, has contacts all over the place, and according to her on website still runs Sonja in the City, which can get any venue imaginable for an event. And she picks Kyle's pop up shop? The fact that Kyle is a big girl isn't really the point. Of course she is. She is also a friend, and to do anything that would help Sonja launch a brand that her close friend is upset about is just horrendous. 

If it happened, I cannot imagine that Kyle had any knowledge of it at all. This is a lease deal for her. They are no doubt having events there all of the time and she would have someone else managing this for her. She would never ever do it without Beth's knowledge, unless of course this is all about a storyline. I don't care what anyone else says, I am 100% sure they are currently filming the BH show. I know Kyle is on vacation (which they are probably filming), but they could still film her getting an angry call from Beth about what had just gone on in her shop. 

If you don't believe a single word why would you decide that it is not possible?

Kyle has a partner in the clothing store business.  She is not personally endorsing Sonja's appearance, I can't imagine she would weigh in with Bethenny.  Bethenny has all this hubris about Sonja's brand can't touch hers.  Did we see Skinnygirl products being served at Kyle's opening in the Hampton's last season on RHOBH?  No.  I have never seen Skinnygirl products being served at Kyle's functions at her home on RHOBH. 

Win, win for Kyle if miserable Bethenny is out of her life. 

Across the board in every franchise Kyle's name is the one that comes up repeatedly about who the other RH meet and like.  She doesn't fight the others' battles.  Kyle asked Bethenny to apologize to Erika after out and out offending her and Bethenny refused.  So I don't really think Bethenny gets to be the boss of Kyle and certainly not her businesses.   

• Love 3
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Kyle wasn't there but their are pictures of a bunch of women clearly at the shop with bottles of Tipsy Girl in the OK Magazine article. Here is the paragraph from the Hamptons article that mentions it:

Sonja Morgan hosted a trunk show at Kyle By Alene Too in Southampton and served her Tipsy Girl sparkling rosé to pals. The Real Housewives of New York star pointed out the nude dress she designed that she’ll wear on the upcoming reunion show. Morgan also said she sold her house in St. Tropez to pay off her lawsuit, but she and her daughter are still headed there for their annual trip.

Got it now. I thought folks were saying that the event at Kyle's place was some sort of Tasting for her pretend wine, but now I see it was a Trunk Show for her fashion line.  Sounds like she was just serving her friends some of the wine. That all makes much more sense. 

(edited)

I've wondered if this whole deal was for the show, but Beth really did file for the Trademark before Peter did, but she kept it all off of the show.

She had to keep it off the show or else she would be revealed to be full of shit and a liar, since she's already claimed on camera that she doesn't care anything about Tipsy Girl's existence.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

HunterHunted thanks for the links.  Sonja sounds fairly normal.  I think I was a little shocked at Ramona attempting to set up a drug scene.  Nice to know the whole Harry/Sonja/Luann triangle was just a ploy.  It was totally unbelievable, like Ramona's pregnancy scare.

• Love 1

I was thinking about Sonja's ramblings about being a FWB - Do I think that her and Tom looked at each others pee pees once or twice? Yes!

Do I think it was a FWB situation?

No and I'll tell you why.....

Sonja is a party gal.

Nothing wrong with that, but I get the feeling the Sonja works like the "Sweeper Van" at a bicycle race when she goes out.

The Sweeper Van travels at the end of long races, collecting the riders that fall, have mechanical problems, can't finish.

I think that Sonja and Tom did hook up, but it was more a one night stand than anything else.

-------

If I was the Ramonster or Sonja? I'd just as soon keep my mouth shut.

BTW, I want to know why the Ramonster and Sonja aren't mad at each other for 'banging' Tom - Is it easier to hate on Luann because she is taking their meal ticket off the market or are they pissed off that they didn't snag the golden goose?

• Love 6

The Nigerian men's soccer team almost didn't make it to the Olympics because they had trouble paying for their airline tickets.  Maybe Sonja with a sexy J is working with them.  That sounds like her. 

BTW they won the bronze medal.

• Love 4

Sonja is looking really fine lately but does anyone wonder if she's actually quit drinking? It seems like it would be really difficult to just stop cold turkey if she drank as much as it appeared that she did in the past. Just curious.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

When you decide to quit, you can quit cold turkey. My deceased father is proof. Hard drinking man his whole life. Provided for us, never failed at that. But a drunks drunk he was.  Then one day, he quit and never had another drop again. There was a catalyst for it, a serious mental health issue that is ongoing to this day with my brother. I do think Sonja had a catalyst moment and that she is sober. Sometimes a drunk's daughter can see beneath the layers. 

I have to wonder if Quincy chose BS because of her mother's drinking and that was the wake up call Sonja had/needed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Sorry, I was referring to "boarding school" (BS) but was too lazy to type it out. ))hangs head in embarrassment((

Hah! Thanks for clarifying.  I don't recall seeing this discussion about Sonja's daughter so I wouldn't ever have pieced it together.

I like Sonja.  I don't care what her interns say on social media.  She's a hot mess but hopefully getting her you-know-what together.   I hope she isn't making unsound business partnerships again.  She really needs to get a financial advisor rather than interns.

Anyway, Sonja and LuAnne are my fav's this season.  

1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Hah! Thanks for clarifying.  I don't recall seeing this discussion about Sonja's daughter so I wouldn't ever have pieced it together.

I like Sonja.  I don't care what her interns say on social media.  She's a hot mess but hopefully getting her you-know-what together.   I hope she isn't making unsound business partnerships again.  She really needs to get a financial advisor rather than interns.

Although I still find her funny time to time I am not a fan of hers and haven't been since I read this...... http://www.hamricklaw.com/news-media/articles/it-takes-courage-strength-the-power-conviction-of-one-voice-to-right-a-wrong/ , which made me look at Sonja in a whole new way and I admit, not in a good way. It seems her caviler/haphazard/lazy/irresponsible attitude has cause a lot of problems for years, well before she joined this show, so I don't think she can be trusted at all. Heck, it has been reported that when her ex husband got seriously ill, was in the hospital, he asked her to come home to help care for him and she refused, which is one of the reasons he divorced her. Yet, despite this, I still believe that Bethenny was wrong in trying to freeze her out this season and I fully don't buy that it was because of TG verses SKG but because Sonja dared to use Bethenny's name/contract in her own Bravo contract negotiations for more money.

The question/comment that Gam2 and stewedsquash made about Sonja's new sobriety got me thinking. Quincy attending/choosing Boarding School just may be the 1 thing that could/would get Sonja sober, she does adore her daughter by all accounts.

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, stewedsquash said:

1 hour ago, Jextella said:

I think Sonja was a bit of a mess last summer (as in publicly making a fool of herself) and much like the second half of last season she quits drinking while filming.  If she is truly the face of Tipsy Girl Prosecco it seems like the wrong product for being a spokesperson. She is now tweeting, Moderation #goodwine. . .    It also helps her new storyline that she has not had a boyfriend or lover since Tom was retired from her majesty's stud stable.   If her daughter had any effect it might have more to do with her mother calming down her bragging about being the straw that stirs the drink-horizontally so to speak.

I think I will reserve my Sonja love until after the Reunion,  at this point I feel as if she has had a lot of pretty mean and devisive comments towards Luann and Tom.  I like Sonja when she is with Luann, I don't care for her when she is with Bethenny or Ramona.  Apparently, Dorinda and Sonja are at odds over her not being invited to the Berkshires.  I would have liked to have seen her there, if for no other reason to see if she would have taken some heat of Luann, or revealed her Tom connection back then.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Sonja was a bit of a mess last summer (as in publicly making a fool of herself) and much like the second half of last season she quits drinking while filming.  If she is truly the face of Tipsy Girl Prosecco it seems like the wrong product for being a spokesperson. She is now tweeting, Moderation #goodwine. . .    It also helps her new storyline that she has not had a boyfriend or lover since Tom was retired from her majesty's stud stable.   If her daughter had any effect it might have more to do with her mother calming down her bragging about being the straw that stirs the drink-horizontally so to speak.

I think I will reserve my Sonja love until after the Reunion,  at this point I feel as if she has had a lot of pretty mean and devisive comments towards Luann and Tom.  I like Sonja when she is with Luann, I don't care for her when she is with Bethenny or Ramona.  Apparently, Dorinda and Sonja are at odds over her not being invited to the Berkshires.  I would have liked to have seen her there, if for no other reason to see if she would have taken some heat of Luann, or revealed her Tom connection back then.

I understand her being upset at Dorinda for not inviting her but to let Bethenny off like she has is ridiculous! But at the same time I get it, it is a reflection of the power Bethenny has over the show/other HWs and their fear of loosing their Apple if they cross her to often or call her out as strongly as she does them.

• Love 4

Did you notice the high degree of fake laugh Bethenny did when Sonja said, "witness protection," it is Bethenny's way, much like the same over the top laugh at her Skinnygirl party when Sonja said something about chewing the buttons off a guy's shirt, and Bethenny almost fell over.  Bethenny and Sonja know how to use each other.  It is as fake as Bethenny having Skinnygirl crap all over the dresser in the bedroom of her suite.  There is no need for that-these women were going out for dinner, lunch breakfast.  It was some sort of bizarre way that Bethenny held court on her bed to convince us she was sick.  Bleeding and wearing thong bikinis. 

I think Bethenny would have been quite happy to have had Sonja/Ramona spill the beans and Carole was doing her best to work Sonja up with the one night stand comments.  Sonja was not taking the bait, as she knows, the messenger does get shot.  In this case it won't be by Luann but the court of public opinion. I believe Sonja either knows Luann well enough to know, the Tom romance wasn't just a storyline, as Carole, Ramona and Bethenny are trying to push.  She knew the news would devastate Luann. 

• Love 4

I can't imagine Sonja's daughter not going to boarding school - or any Morgan not going to boarding school. Just like Luann's daughter initially went to boarding school (I kind of get the feeling she was asked to leave just a feeling no facts to back it up or Luann doesn't put up with the pretension and just let her come home).  I think when you hit a certain level in society, you go to boarding school.  And the Morgans are at that level.  Not to say that there aren't a ton of fancy schmancy elite private schools in NYC. 

• Love 1

Also, hasn't her daughter been going to boarding school for years? It's definitely been mentioned on previous seasons, it's why I thought the care package scene was ridiculous because it wasn't as if being in boarding school was a new concept for them.

43 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I can't imagine Sonja's daughter not going to boarding school - or any Morgan not going to boarding school. Just like Luann's daughter initially went to boarding school (I kind of get the feeling she was asked to leave just a feeling no facts to back it up or Luann doesn't put up with the pretension and just let her come home).  I think when you hit a certain level in society, you go to boarding school.  And the Morgans are at that level.  Not to say that there aren't a ton of fancy schmancy elite private schools in NYC. 

Sonja's daughter went to school in the city and then went to boarding school. There is a scene last season where Sonja is arranging for her sister to be at her house when her daughter gets out of school at 3:00 pm.  Luann's daughter went to Miss Porter's, left, people speculated she was asked to leave.  That is why when people make a big deal over Luann not having a second home in the city, until this year, she needed to be around for Noel.  The Count may be a great guy but it was not as if he had regular visitation-the kids went to Europe in the summer and he came over and stayed with Luann.  You have to have a really amicable relationship to let your ex stay with you. 

ETA: it was the Ross School she left and gee who was at the center of the blabbing:  http://pagesix.com/2011/05/21/luann-teen-exits-posh-school/  The ultimate bitch move by Ramona.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Sonja's daughter went to school in the city and then went to boarding school. There is a scene last season where Sonja is arranging for her sister to be at her house when her daughter gets out of school at 3:00 pm.  Luann's daughter went to Miss Porter's, left, people speculated she was asked to leave.  That is why when people make a big deal over Luann not having a second home in the city, until this year, she needed to be around for Noel.  The Count may be a great guy but it was not as if he had regular visitation-the kids went to Europe in the summer and he came over and stayed with Luann.  You have to have a really amicable relationship to let your ex stay with you. 

ETA: it was the Ross School she left and gee who was at the center of the blabbing:  http://pagesix.com/2011/05/21/luann-teen-exits-posh-school/  The ultimate bitch move by Ramona.

Why does everyone forgive Ramona? IMO, what she did, outing that video, was unforgivable, Victoria, although stupid to make it in the first place, was still a minor.

I do think Quincy had something to do with Sonja's sobriety, maybe she just told her mother she didn't want her to visit at school or that she wasn't coming home during break(s) because of the drinking/out of control behavior. IMO, Quincy is the only one that could get Sonja to clean up her act.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why does everyone forgive Ramona? IMO, what she did, outing that video, was unforgivable, Victoria, although stupid to make it in the first place, was still a minor.

I do think Quincy had something to do with Sonja's sobriety, maybe she just told her mother she didn't want her to visit at school or that she wasn't coming home during break(s) because of the drinking/out of control behavior. IMO, Quincy is the only one that could get Sonja to clean up her act.

I don't think Sonja is a maintenance drinker, I think when she drinks she reacts very quickly to alcohol, and goes from sober to drunk to passed out very quickly.  Remember years ago when Sonja called Max, "Her Thursday", when asked she said it was because she didn't have her daughter on Thursdays.  That is why I think she can stop drinking when duty calls.  I don't think she was showing up drunk to school, or not coming home or falling down drunk around her daughter.  I think a little group of people called the producers probably told Sonja the others didn't want to film with her if she was going to continue to get drunk.  Sonja, who loathes criticism, like  most of us, did not want anymore conversations about her drinking-either directed to her or fodder for the rest.  Succinctly put, she wasn't going to have her drinking be the others storyline. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Sonja is a maintenance drinker, I think when she drinks she reacts very quickly to alcohol, and goes from sober to drunk to passed out very quickly.  Remember years ago when Sonja called Max, "Her Thursday", when asked she said it was because she didn't have her daughter on Thursdays.  That is why I think she can stop drinking when duty calls.  I don't think she was showing up drunk to school, or not coming home or falling down drunk around her daughter.  I think a little group of people called the producers probably told Sonja the others didn't want to film with her if she was going to continue to get drunk.  Sonja, who loathes criticism, like  most of us, did not want anymore conversations about her drinking-either directed to her or fodder for the rest.  Succinctly put, she wasn't going to have her drinking be the others storyline. 

Anything is possible at this point. Maybe Sonja just stopped mixing her anxiety meds with alcohol. LOL

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Anything is possible at this point. Maybe Sonja just stopped mixing her anxiety meds with alcohol. LOL

If she was taking a lot of Xanax, and I think she still does, and then pounding down booze, it may account for her "falling asleep" as Luann called it.  That is why I think, Tom, her drinking buddy, probably had no desire to go back again once he was with the intoxicated Sonja.  Drunk women aren't a real turn on.  Coupled with the fact she never said anything to anyone, was never seen with him.  If Tom and Sonja hooked up in 2015, my guess is it was after Ramona, and no such phone call by Sonja was ever made telling  him things were off between he and Sonja.  The second scenario was maybe after hearing he took Ramona to dinner, Sonja changed directions with him and pursued him.  I don't think Sonja can stand to see anyone have something she could have had.

• Love 4

Sonja 'has' become Grey Gardens.  She's just so depressing to watch in many ways.  I know she 'needs' the paycheck and I feel for her but she's just not entertaining anymore.

To a little bit lesser extent, I feel the same way about Ro.  She has her Ro moments that make us laugh (Elaine dancing by herself) but there's nothing interesting about her.  Add to that, Ro is all about searching out the best social event and she won't talk about her dating life. 

People don't need to have exciting things going on if they have a quick wit, or a  fun or interesting personality, etc.  but neither of them have this.  There' a lot to say about the Greek chorus.   Beth thinks she is....not so much.  Not even close.  She did have it for the most part during her earlier years on RHNY.  Not any more.  Too bitter.  Too mean.

• Love 7

Hopefully, without all the alcohol, Sonja will be able to see herself and take stock.   She needs to dump the rotting townhouse, the interns and the last vestiges of the "Morgan" lifestyle.  She is not, and never was, a "Morgan".  She has money, wit, style and (still) good looks.  And if she really cares about her daughter, she'll stop constantly putting her sexual life/appetites on national television.  (I'm often embarrassed for her...can you imagine how her family feels about that?)  If she hopes to get remarried and settle into a comfortable life with a nice, caring and solvent gentleman, Sonja will need to calm it down and behave somewhat normally.  Then, again, if she wants to ride the Reality Television train into oblivion she can do that, too.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Nanny pants said:

Hopefully, without all the alcohol, Sonja will be able to see herself and take stock.   She needs to dump the rotting townhouse, the interns and the last vestiges of the "Morgan" lifestyle.  She is not, and never was, a "Morgan".  She has money, wit, style and (still) good looks.  And if she really cares about her daughter, she'll stop constantly putting her sexual life/appetites on national television.  (I'm often embarrassed for her...can you imagine how her family feels about that?)  If she hopes to get remarried and settle into a comfortable life with a nice, caring and solvent gentleman, Sonja will need to calm it down and behave somewhat normally.  Then, again, if she wants to ride the Reality Television train into oblivion she can do that, too.

Sonja is starting down the more restrained sexual appetite, unfortunately for Tom, she seems to put her new found restraint is based him being off the market.  Sonja has tried the just for TV relationship with an age appropriate guy and I think it just isn't for her because people her age have this knack of doubting her business acumen and find her delusions of grandeur off putting.  As to her townhouse, the top floor where Luann stayed was very nice, as was the dining room but I don't think Sonja has very good taste in general and I was surprised when she was on WWHL with one of the real estate guys who said it was worth $7 million, she shot back more like $9 million.  I didn't realize it had been renovated since Sonja had bought it:  http://ny.curbed.com/2013/9/16/10197694/real-housewifes-lenox-hill-townhouse-cant-find-a-buyer .  Maybe it is the orange and red furnishings? 

• Love 1