Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

What could possible go wrong with a look of chunky heels, white shoes with ankle straps on someone 5'2" tall and who is 62 years old with spider veins, wearing a dress that looks like it has been hit with spit wads?   Whose great idea was having her coat half way off?  I keep telling myself Ramona thinks these pics are inspiring to others.  

Oh what the hell-look what she is competing with?  When Luann wins by default in a lace jumpsuit it is a bad day for fashion on the show.  What the hell is Carole wearing?   

Quite the collection of knee wrinkles.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

What could possible go wrong with a look of chunky heels, white shoes with ankle straps on someone 5'2" tall and who is 62 years old with spider veins, wearing a dress that looks like it has been hit with spit wads?   Whose great idea was having her coat half way off?  I keep telling myself Ramona thinks these pics are inspiring to others.  

Oh what the hell-look what she is competing with?  When Luann wins by default in a lace jumpsuit it is a bad day for fashion on the show.  What the hell is Carole wearing?   

Quite the collection of knee wrinkles.

I can’t see the picture.  ☹️

The one thing that I appreciate about Ramona is that she's one of the few women on this show who isn't stuck in the past. Dorinda and her late husband. Tinsley and her faded youth. Sonja and her ex-husband and former lifestyle. Carole and her late husband and former career. Bethenny and her troubled childhood.

Ramona has on occasion mentioned her own troubles with her father and childhood (when the situation called for it) but she doesn't mention Mario or their life together every five minutes. She has moved on. There's something to be said for that.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Ramona: "  My intent is never to be rude or disrespectful towards people.”

Fail.  In my most uncharitable moment (Ramona persona), I might say "Epic Fail" - with a fake smile.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/18/mj-javid-thinks-ramona-singer-is-awful/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Fail.  In my most uncharitable moment (Ramona persona), I might say "Epic Fail" - with a fake smile.

Someone in the main episode thread suggested that Ramona might be on the Austism spectrum. I'm increasingly coming around to that idea. Socially there is just something off with her. I still think she's a horror, but I can see that there might actually be some disorder that could explain why. She'll NEVER get tested.

• Love 13
(edited)
12 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/18/mj-javid-thinks-ramona-singer-is-awful/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Hahaha!  The Apologizer strikes again!

“I apologize that she felt offended,” Singer told Page Six. “I had been working on my marriage at the time which resulted in a divorce. I was very wrapped up in my own world. That period of my life was very difficult. My intent is never to be rude or disrespectful towards people.”

FWIW, I believe that her intent is pretty much always to be rude or disrespectful towards people.  MJ's got her pegged.

12 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

gmta

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5
On 5/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, zoeysmom said:

Looks like Ramona fell off the copy Bethenny wagon here-  another ridiculous Ramona photo.

And land in a big steaming pile left by the horse pulling the wagon. She looks awkward and ridiculous.

• Love 5
On 5/16/2018 at 10:46 AM, LilaFowler said:

The one thing that I appreciate about Ramona is that she's one of the few women on this show who isn't stuck in the past. Dorinda and her late husband. Tinsley and her faded youth. Sonja and her ex-husband and former lifestyle. Carole and her late husband and former career. Bethenny and her troubled childhood.

Ramona has on occasion mentioned her own troubles with her father and childhood (when the situation called for it) but she doesn't mention Mario or their life together every five minutes. She has moved on. There's something to be said for that.

The only reason Ramona doesn't speak often of Mario is because her daughter is close to both parents.  I don't think Avery wants to hear about it as she already has the albatross that is Ramona around her neck. I also honestly believe that if Mario asked Ramona back she would go back.  Especially if she were not renewed on RHONY. 

It is interesting the women whose husbands never appeared seem to want to speak of them and their lives with the late/exes.  The husbands who have appeared those women aren't quite so anxious to speak of the exes perhaps because the audience has drawn their own conclusions.  With Ramona both her parents have passed and won't be contradicting her-her brother however, disputed Ramona's claims in a book.

I do believe Bethenny is trying to break the way back machine and its users-I noticed she made a concerted effort in blog the week of Dorinda's drunken behavior to pull her punches and minimized reference to her childhood.  Small steps.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

What's up with Mario's ex-mistress, Casey Dexter? This interview is so odd. 

She is so trying to make herself look like the victim here. She slept with a guy she knew was married from the get go, she is no victim. Oh, and she cheated on Mario, got caught, then he kicked her out and she is whining she didn't get anything out of the relationship! Seriously, what a piece of crap! LOL

• Love 8
(edited)

There’s an article (in the Daily Mail) about Ramona having had an accident with her car in the Hamptons where it cited her as “annoyed”. Sorry I can’t post everyone a link. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Spelling
  • Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Well, she did say in the limousine with Sonja that her excuse for not visiting that store in Queens (Bay Ridge?) sooner was because she’s not a good driver.

It was in Great Neck. I point this out merely to indicate how absolutely obnoxious Sonja was being that she didn’t even want to drive in a limo through Queens, which she didn’t have a problem driving through Queens on a freaking bus. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She is so trying to make herself look like the victim here. She slept with a guy she knew was married from the get go, she is no victim. Oh, and she cheated on Mario, got caught, then he kicked her out and she is whining she didn't get anything out of the relationship! Seriously, what a piece of crap! LOL

I feel like she's almost proud of it, like she gets off on the idea that SHE is hot/sexy enough to steal somebody else's man. She pretends she doesn't like the home-wrecker title, but she actually sees it as somewhat of a compliment, in a way, bc, in her mind, that means she's somebody that's known as soooo seductive, you wanna keep your husband away from her. And her bragging about always cheating on her boyfriends is her way of saying that SHE is the one that always gets bored and moves on to another man (they never get tired of her). 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8

I didn’t realize Ramona owned the Hamptons house for going on 23 years.  Good on her!  It may have been outdated decor wise but the bones and location are what matters.  She’s got a gem there, IMO!

• Love 4
On 5/15/2018 at 5:47 PM, ButterQueen said:

LOL.....and her white shoes are horrendous.

Omg!!! I was just thinking that!!  I don’t care what designer made them, those shoes are so ugly! They look like shoes a 5 year old would wear on Easter Sunday (Minus the high heel of course.) I don’t know what happened as she usually has great taste in shoes! 

• Love 2
(edited)

This morning they are airing Season 4 episodes. I just remembered how much I hated Ramona in the early Seasons!  She was an arrogant, self righteous, know it all bitch! I think her divorce changed her majorly for the better!  I know she gets annoying but she’s not as bad as she used to be.  I think the divorce knocked her down a few pegs because she used to say terrible things to all the ladies, especially Lu.  She would say “we’ll my marriage is perfect and you had to get a divorce, that would never happen to me and Mario.” Then when Mario cheated, I think she felt stupid about all the shitty things she said.  With all that being said, I like the new Ramona! I think she’s more carefree and fun! I never thought I would say that! 

Oh and it’s so creepy because this is the episode where they went to Morocco. They saw a fortune teller who told Ramona that she sees Mario with another woman and that another woman has her eyes on Mario.  Also, she said Ramona is head over heels for Mario but he doesn’t feel the same!!! I can’t believe how accurate this lady was!

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SCS said:

Moaner's home has always been my favorite of the many NYC HWs squats we've seen, and I never thought she'd sell it. Any of you locals familiar with NY real estate think she'll get the nearly $5 mil she's asking?

Four bedrooms?  That’s a lot for one person to rattle around in.  She can take the money and buy something that has better entertaining, bigger kitchen, walk in closet and still put money in the bank.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Four bedrooms?  That’s a lot for one person to rattle around in.  She can take the money and buy something that has better entertaining, bigger kitchen, walk in closet and still put money in the bank.

Yes, I agree. I simply liked it the best (found it the brightest and airiest) of all the others we've seen, from Jill's blue re-do to Silex's red and black bordello to Kelly's loft with the horse standing in the middle of the room. If Ramona was smart she'd have cut a deal with production to use one of the extra bedrooms as a place for Sonja or a new cast member to stay. O the hijinks!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Moaner's home has always been my favorite of the many NYC HWs squats we've seen, and I never thought she'd sell it. Any of you locals familiar with NY real estate think she'll get the nearly $5 mil she's asking?

I think she'll get the $5 million asking - because of its locale and size.

That UES zip code is in demand. It's a great place for a small family - near most of the best private schools.

She could also hold onto to it - and use it as a rental property. Take the rental income to use to rent her own place while she searches for the perfect place for herself

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

think she'll get the $5 million asking - because of its locale and size.

She hopes so because they bought it for $4,971,000 twenty years ago so between her buying out Mario and the remodel she is looking at a loss.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She hopes so because they bought it for $4,971,000 twenty years ago so between her buying out Mario and the remodel she is looking at a loss.

Yikes, that’s hard to do in NYC.  I do like the age of the apartment.  It’s the reason she has those really deep rooms and unobstructed views. However it is also the reason she has a tiny kitchen that is hemmed in by those walls that can’t be taken down.

• Love 3
On 6/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, biakbiak said:

Or maybe she paid $1.4 million in 1998.  https://nypost.com/2010/03/11/keep-it-real-2/

In 1998, Singer, husband Mario and their daughter, Avery, now 15 years old, settled into a 2,500-square-foot, four-bedroom, 3½-bathroom condo they bought for $1.4 million. It has a den, a maid’s room, a storage room with a washer/dryer, a breakfast room and plenty of space for Singer’s elaborate wardrobe.

She did have to buy Mario out at probably close to $4 million or his share $2 million.

Does Third Avenue go for $2,000.00 a square foot?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The property history on Zillow which I have found to be accurate in the past because it pulls from property records lists it as 4.971 million.

I have found some inaccuracies n Zillow,  I think it is incorrect as Ramona gave the interview and I do believe she would know what she paid for the property.  Five million dollars twenty years ago was a lot of money, it would have bought her the more desirous Park Avenue address she wanted.  Zillow is not perfect and judging from the surrounding sales prices even in the building there would not have been a reason for Ramona to have paid over three times the price for an unfinished apartment.  Here is one in the same building slightly smaller that sold in 2004 for :  Six years after Mario and Ramona bought.

07/03/2004Sold$2,350,000$1,099  

This unit has a terrace, Ramona's does not and it is priced at $3,795,000.00, granted it is 200 square feet smaller and listing is trending downward.  Ramona is asking a lot of money for her place.  As in outrageously overpriced for the building.   https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/201-E-80th-St-Apt-12G_New-York_NY_10075_M36670-67438  Ramona and Bethenny may have more in common than they admit-putting unrealistic price tags on their properties.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Zillow is not perfect and judging from the surrounding sales prices

Zillow estimates are different than the price and tax history which is literally pulled from the public property and tax records. 

Just now, biakbiak said:

Zillow estimates are different than the price and tax history which is literally pulled from the public property and tax records. 

Well I am going stick by my reference which is the purchaser saying what she paid several years ago.  It seems fairly obvious Ramona and Mario did not pay millions more for an apartment in the same building.   Counterproductive to work of a premise that Ramona is listing her house for less than she paid twenty years ago especially when she is giving interviews about what she paid for it.  It is unfortunate because it changes the tenor of the conversation and Ramona's contention she knows real estate.

Zillow is not infalliable.  I know because our home has the wrong purchase price from 1989.

• Love 4
(edited)

Watching Ramona in Mexico reminds me why I think she needs to be punched in the throat and why I hate her. She’s nasty to Bethenny, she’s nasty to Tinsley and she’s a nasty human being to the employees. A more disgusting display of human behavior I have never witnessed in any of these shows.

if I was Mario I would have run a lot earlier than he did and I can’t believe Avery is still sticking around. 

In that pink dress she looks like a cross dressing linebacker.

Edited by bagger
Because I keep thinking of nasty things to say about Ramona.
  • Love 7
On 6/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, HunterHunted said:

Molly Sims' favorite things. Shockingly, Ramona Pinot Grigio is not among them. It was Molly's Hamptons party that just happened to coincide with Ramona's Berkshires breakdown about her abusive dad. 

Ramona is a seat filler. When I first moved to New York I worked for a PR firm and they used the employees as seat fillers at awards shows, to take seats when performers got up for their performances or to literally fill seats that were reserved for someone that never showed. The purpose was for audience to always look full. 

I get the feeling Ramona gets invites to parties thrown by B type celebrities like Molly Simms so the parties seem full. I’m sure she’s not alone but that’s the only reason I can see anyone inviting that beast in to their home.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, bagger said:

Watching Ramona in Mexico reminds me why I think she needs to be punched in the throat and why I hate her. She’s nasty to Bethenny, she’s nasty to Tinsley and she’s a nasty human being to the employees. A more disgusting display of human behavior I have never witnessed in any of these shows.

if I was Mario I would have run a lot earlier than he did and I can’t believe Avery is still sticking around. 

In that pink dress she looks like a cross dressing linebacker.

I feel exactly the way you do about Ramona. I am really surprised Mario married her and stayed with her as long as he did. I think he didn’t leave sooner for Avery’s benefit, but I still don’t know why he married her. 

The way she treats hotel staff makes me lose my s - - -. In the time it takes her to tell someone what she wants done, she could do it herself. I hate that she asked the artist and his colleague to move heavy items around. And she giggles, because she thinks she’s so cute and irresistible. 

Her explanation for demanding the best room simply because everyone knows that she and Sonja always share a room, and therefore they should get the best room makes no sense. At least she didn’t demand the best room at the Mayflower.

After she angers Beth in T&C regarding Beth’s salad vs. going out to a restaurant for lunch, Ramona laughs uproariously at Beth’s lame joke about making the salad with hate. Beth tells us she can see right through Ramona but forgives her anyway, because there’s no point in staying angry at a child. So this reinforces Ramona’s belief that she is more clever and charming than everyone else. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel exactly the way you do about Ramona. I am really surprised Mario married her and stayed with her as long as he did. I think he didn’t leave sooner for Avery’s benefit, but I still don’t know why he married her. 

The way she treats hotel staff makes me lose my s - - -. In the time it takes her to tell someone what she wants done, she could do it herself. I hate that she asked the artist and his colleague to move heavy items around. And she giggles, because she thinks she’s so cute and irresistible. 

Her explanation for demanding the best room simply because everyone knows that she and Sonja always share a room, and therefore they should get the best room makes no sense. At least she didn’t demand the best room at the Mayflower.

After she angers Beth in T&C regarding Beth’s salad vs. going out to a restaurant for lunch, Ramona laughs uproariously at Beth’s lame joke about making the salad with hate. Beth tells us she can see right through Ramona but forgives her anyway, because there’s no point in staying angry at a child. So this reinforces Ramona’s belief that she is more clever and charming than everyone else. 

I just don’t understand why they all give her so many passes. She offends all of them, she’s unforgivable IMO. Someone who apologizes but continues to perpetuate the same behavior does no merit forgiveness. I know there are other polarizing women on this show but I can see redeeming qualities in all of them except Ramona.

• Love 14