Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

Just now, Sun-Bun said:

Yes!!! Like a bottle of Ramona Pinot Grigio. Or a bottle of that fancy red wine she was giddily dancing over on the last episode. Or a giant candle sconce from Home Goods/TJ Maxx. Or a big luxurious pile of blonde hair extensions!

I think a glass of Pinot Grigio balanced on the top of her right hand and maybe color in some court jester shoes on her feet

• Love 4
17 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I feel like we need to photoshop different things in there.

3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Yes!!! Like a bottle of Ramona Pinot Grigio. Or a bottle of that fancy red wine she was giddily dancing over on the last episode. Or a giant candle sconce from Home Goods/TJ Maxx. Or a big luxurious pile of blonde hair extensions!

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think a glass of Pinot Grigio balanced on the top of her right hand and maybe color in some court jester shoes on her feet

My choice: a large single roller at the front of her hairline and a dagger releasing from her forward-reaching arm, with the words, "Bitch, I warned you about getting my hair wet!" in a quote bubble.

• Love 9
On July 8, 2017 at 11:20 PM, diadochokinesis said:

I feel like we need to photoshop different things in there.

I'm going with the clear heels Ramona stole from Carole. After all, she's kind of doing the pose from where she was shutting the sliders. 

I'm toying with "Proud White Trash" on her tank top, because Sonja and Ramona's response ro Aviva was so funny. 

• Love 4

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

Oh dear god.  You can see where she is just starting to sag in her legs.  She must be spending all her money on her face because her age is showing on her body. 

I have no clue what she is holding either. A tire for a child's bicycle?  LOL. One of those sunhats that they used to have that didn't have a top on it? 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, BBHN said:

It...looks like it is attached to her?

It almost looks like a funnel coming out of her bikini bottom. Maybe she's pouring Pinot directly in. A new business venture True Vajunal

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Oh dear god.  You can see where she is just starting to sag in her legs.  She must be spending all her money on her face because her age is showing on her body. 

I have no clue what she is holding either. A tire for a child's bicycle?  LOL. One of those sunhats that they used to have that didn't have a top on it? 

Poor Ramona. This is just my opinion, but it always seems like she is trying so hard in these pics she posts. Not like it is a casual - hey I am gonna take a picture because I am having so much fun and I want to share it with everyone. I can imagine her posing and trying several different looks just to get the one that she wants. It all seems very rehearsed to me. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Poor Ramona. This is just my opinion, but it always seems like she is trying so hard in these pics she posts. Not like it is a casual - hey I am gonna take a picture because I am having so much fun and I want to share it with everyone. I can imagine her posing and trying several different looks just to get the one that she wants. It all seems very rehearsed to me. 

You probably have those friends on FB (I'm convinced we all have them) where they post how great their lives are, how they have the best husband, etc and then 6 months later they get divorced and it all comes out. The more you have to talk about how awesome your life is, the less awesome it probably is. My armchair psych opinion is that she suffers from extremely low self-esteem as a result of her upbringing. She was propping herself up through Mario and Avery. Look at how great my marriage is, how awesome my kid is, we're a trifecta, etc. Then it all started to fall apart. Avery went to college, Mario cheated on her, they got divorced.  Her life and self-worth all collapsed on her and she isn't dealing with it. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

You probably have those friends on FB (I'm convinced we all have them) where they post how great their lives are, how they have the best husband, etc and then 6 months later they get divorced and it all comes out. The more you have to talk about how awesome your life is, the less awesome it probably is. My armchair psych opinion is that she suffers from extremely low self-esteem as a result of her upbringing. She was propping herself up through Mario and Avery. Look at how great my marriage is, how awesome my kid is, we're a trifecta, etc. Then it all started to fall apart. Avery went to college, Mario cheated on her, they got divorced.  Her life and self-worth all collapsed on her and she isn't dealing with it. 

Low self-esteem to be sure.

Remember that early episode this season where she was showing Carole and Beth pictures from her phone? She and Avery at some special event. Anyway, both Carole and Beth said the usual stuff we say when we have to look at pictures on someone's cell phone (I hate this practice more than anything and wish that it was considered poor manners to ask someone to peer at your phone). Both said nice things. But they didn't say "the" thing. That Ramona looked pretty. So she started asking them "you didn't say I looked pretty...don't you think I look pretty". I just cannot imagine anyone fishing that hard for a compliment. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Low self-esteem to be sure.

Remember that early episode this season where she was showing Carole and Beth pictures from her phone? She and Avery at some special event. Anyway, both Carole and Beth said the usual stuff we say when we have to look at pictures on someone's cell phone (I hate this practice more than anything and wish that it was considered poor manners to ask someone to peer at your phone). Both said nice things. But they didn't say "the" thing. That Ramona looked pretty. So she started asking them "you didn't say I looked pretty...don't you think I look pretty". I just cannot imagine anyone fishing that hard for a compliment. 

I agree with you in general, but cannot resist showing off pics of my cats/dog to fellow animal lovers.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree with you in general, but cannot resist showing off pics of my cats/dog to fellow animal lovers.  

Oh yes! I should have put that in as a caveat! It's the constant random pictures that people want to show you. Sometimes people that you don't know well, about things that you don't care about. Maybe I would have been more conciliatory back in the day before I had to wear reading glasses. Now here I am relaxing with my wine and suddenly I need to put on my glasses and make nice comments about something I care nothing about. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I show off pics of my dog all the time. I'm more offended if you don't compliment my dog than if you don't compliment me.  LOL. 

9 hours ago, Wicked said:

She does not have the body of a 60 year old.  I am not a Ramona fan, but her body is amazing for her age. 

Oh, I agree that she looks good for 60 but you can see that the skin isn't holding quite like it used to. I think it is a couple of pages back in this thread but there was a pic of Ramona in a short dress and you could really see the age in her legs.  She still has good muscle tone because she works out but the skin is starting to sag. 

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Wicked said:

She does not have the body of a 60 year old.  I am not a Ramona fan, but her body is amazing for her age. 

I agree --she has a great body for a woman of 50, never mind a woman nine years from seventy in a few months (just wish she'd never gotten those implants).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Oh, I agree that she looks good for 60 but you can see that the skin isn't holding quite like it used to. I think it is a couple of pages back in this thread but there was a pic of Ramona in a short dress and you could really see the age in her legs.  She still has good muscle tone because she works out but the skin is starting to sag. 

Gravity is a bitch, and she comes for all of us. 

• Love 13

So, I accidentally saw the last few minutes of Love Connection (I really didn't want to see it) - Moaner chose a Mario look alike.  They are no longer seeing each other because Moaner apparently has a requirement that her dates live within 15 minutes of her.  Jesus.  I can't even get to a grocery store in 15 minutes.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

So, I accidentally saw the last few minutes of Love Connection (I really didn't want to see it) - Moaner chose a Mario look alike.  They are no longer seeing each other because Moaner apparently has a requirement that her dates live within 15 minutes of her.  Jesus.  I can't even get to a grocery store in 15 minutes.

I know! According to her, this guy met all her criteria except where he lives and she dumped him! She really want Mario back!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I know! According to her, this guy met all her criteria except where he lives and she dumped him! She really want Mario back!

If Mario had been more discrete, she'd still be with him. She's really becoming more unhinged and could do with some therapy. She's not introspective enough that therapy would do any good.

I'm curious why she continues to lengthen the duration of her marriage. They weren't married 30 years. They weren't even together for 30 years. The last thing she needed to do now that Avery is an adult and post divorce is to close her business. This free time is rotting her brain.

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

If Mario had been more discrete, she'd still be with him. She's really becoming more unhinged and could do with some therapy. She's not introspective enough that therapy would do any good.

I'm curious why she continues to lengthen the duration of her marriage. They weren't married 30 years. They weren't even together for 30 years. The last thing she needed to do now that Avery is an adult and post divorce is to close her business. This free time is rotting her brain.

Ramona closed her real business soon after joining the show and I don't think her wine sold all that well for her to keep selling it. I do think she needs to start a new business venture, a real one, not wine or skin care (TR) or get involved with something that keeps her busy at least 4  days (work [8] hours) a week. Oh, and she needs to stop drinking wine 24/7! LOL

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ramona closed her real business soon after joining the show and I don't think her wine sold all that well for her to keep selling it. I do think she needs to start a new business venture, a real one, not wine or skin care (TR) or get involved with something that keeps her busy at least 4  days (work [8] hours) a week. Oh, and she needs to stop drinking wine 24/7! LOL

I agree. She needs to work. A real job. She isn't raising a kid. Avery is an adult. I don't know if she still does any charity work.The business of being Ramona Singer reality TV personality only encourages her worst instincts. She needs to remember how to conduct herself in meetings, work collaboratively with others, and learn that her voice isn't the most important one.

The fact that Mario and Kasey are still together is clearly sending her around the bend. It's hard to argue that Mario temporarily lost his mind if he's been with his mistress, now girlfriend, for 3 years.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14

Anyone catch what Ramona said about giving money from her business to her husband during her tirade to Betheny?  I rewatched but still couldn't make it out clearly.   I'd love to know precisely what she meant.  Does she have to give money to Mario as part of the divorce settlement???

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Jextella said:

Anyone catch what Ramona said about giving money from her business to her husband during her tirade to Betheny?  I rewatched but still couldn't make it out clearly.   I'd love to know precisely what she meant.  Does she have to give money to Mario as part of the divorce settlement???

Simply put Ramona is one of those people that believes, what is hers is hers, what is ours is hers and what is his is hers. 

My somewhat annotated version of Ramona Singer:

Ramona according to her married in her 37th year which would mean somewhere between November 17, 1993 and November 16, 1994.  I am guessing she got married in December of 1993, just because they had their 17th Anniversary (vow renewal in December) and Avery was born November 22, 1994.  Mario and Ramona called it quits in January 2014 (after catching him repeatedly cheating in the summer of 2013)  http://www.realitytea.com/2013/10/11/ramona-singers-husband-mario-caught-in-a-cheating-scandal-did-he-get-a-socialite-pregnant/  So if she married at age 37, as she has previously declared she divorced at 57 which make is it a 19 year 2 month marriage.  Or Ramona is lying about how old she was when she married Mario.   

Ramona has said she bought the Hamptons house all by herself.  No really, she previously declared they bought the house when Avery was six months old.  It seems the later is correct they bought the home in 1995 for $875,000.00. http://nypost.com/2010/03/11/keep-it-real-2/

The condo she now resides in was purchased in 1998 for $1.4 million, while married to Mario https://hamptons.curbed.com/2015/4/17/9969548/rent-real-housewife-ramona-singers-southampton-house

Of interest to note about the condo is the all rooms wheelchair accessible, Mario's mother lived with them until her death shortly before the show started filming. 

The first season the ladies were paid $7,500.00,according to Bethenny and Alex.  By the third season they were earning over $100,000.00 and by Season 4 demands were for in excess of $200,000.00.  The only reference points I have regarding RH salaries are from court filings.  Teresa Giudice made $40,000.00 her first season and twice the amount for her second season (BK schedules on her thread), Tamra Judge was hauled back to court and RHOC Season 8/9 she was making $600,000.00.  The RHONYC went dark for a year between Seasons 5 and 6 so Ramona most likely only made the big money for a short while before the split.  Now Ramona's account is that when Mario found out how much money she was making he lost his mind and started having an affair.  Okay, I am just combining a lot of her more inane comments.  Ramona has also said she just did the show to showcase Mario's ailing business.  I think all that happened is once Avery went off to college, Mario's indiscretions were no longer discrete.  http://allthingsrh.com/ramona-singer-divorce-final-from-mario-singer/  Anyway they battled it out for a good two years.

So in the context of RH salaries by the time Ramona and Mario split, Season 6, she had most likely was at the half million range.  It was my understanding after Luann held out and went to per diem, (and yes I know they took her apple away) she ended up making more money than Ramona, so Ramona and Sonja held out for the per diem package, which has led to some issues.  Ramona shut down her business Season 4 and focused on her wine which released Season 5.  Problem with white wine you pretty much need to sell out within one or two years as a rule they don't hold or age like reds.  So Ramona managed to sellout her first bladder (5,000 cases) and apparently only got through 500 cases on her second shot at being a vintner.    Ramona knows how to deal with surplus-there is probably an Applebees or two out there with a house Pinot with a label that used to read Ramona's. 

So now we are at this place with Ramona, who due to her sparkling personality has pretty much starting to alienate everyone.  She is no longer useful to Bethenny for oppositional research against Luann, because Ramona just took it way too far, she trashed Dorinda's place and Dorinda is busy sucking up to Bethenny, Tinsley can't stand her and Ramona is old enough to be her "uncool mom",   So this year Ramona flipped.  I don't think anyone believed Luann was going to have a wedding without the cast being invited (I don't think Carole or Bethenny cared) but I do believe Sonja and Ramona saw per diem dollars rolling past.   It was pretty obvious after being left out of the Bronx lunch, Ramona negotiated for the second night in Vermont as the hostess, she even made a breakfast for the group.  Ramona's panic was very real when she thought she was being relegated to second day arrival with Luann (who doesn't give a damn).

Watching Ramona come unglued at the restaurant where Bethenny very artfully just kept extended the noose until Ramona had enough to hang herself.  Ramona is screwed without her RH job-I get the impression her Love Connection  shot was a little like Brandi Glanville's Celebrity Apprentice season.  Kind of a bye-bye, we will see you when need some filler scenes.  Ramona has burned everyone on the show-even Sonja has enough self-survival skills to realize short of Ramona rooming with her for third season of Grey Gardens no upside to Ramona.  Every one is done with race for the best room, rude to the help-it would not surprise me if next season they go the way of RHOBH and do a hotel with separate rooms for the big trip.

Ramona may have made some poor decisions by insisting on keeping the non-liquid assets.  Two households is a lot to maintain when your sole income is a single rental property.    I believe Ramona has been pitching a spin-off with she and Avery and this ridiculous dinners with Avery's friends.   I just don't see where Ramona has the likeability to pull off her own show. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The fact that Mario and Kasey are still together is clearly sending her around the bend. It's hard to argue that Mario temporarily lost his mind if he's been with his mistress, now girlfriend, for 3 years.

I think that Ramona figured that Mario would soon come to his senses and realize what he was missing and realize that Kasey was just a passing fling that was not worth giving up his family. The longer that his new relationship lasted and the more it became clear that he was not running back to her completely freaked her out. 

She is definitely having a difficult time moving forward, although redecorating the apartment was a good start.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I think that Ramona figured that Mario would soon come to his senses and realize what he was missing and realize that Kasey was just a passing fling that was not worth giving up his family. The longer that his new relationship lasted and the more it became clear that he was not running back to her completely freaked her out. 

She is definitely having a difficult time moving forward, although redecorating the apartment was a good start.

From the very first season I always thought Mario was going to stick it out until Avery went away to college.  The man was such a peacock and I got the impression he had been embarrassed on more than one occasion by Ramona.  I don't think Ramona has the ability to curb her words and my guess is she was brutal, cutting and unforgivable.  Over the years the more recognition she got the more she rubbed it in to Mario.  There were certainly some good things she did such as have Mario's mother live with them but I would guess life with Ramona was pretty exhausting. It has been four years, she has written the book, done the tour had her daughter return and she can't seem to see he isn't coming back.

It was hard to watch Ramona and then I always remind myself how totally oblivious she is to others' pain and the rumors and gossip she thrives on.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

From the very first season I always thought Mario was going to stick it out until Avery went away to college.  The man was such a peacock and I got the impression he had been embarrassed on more than one occasion by Ramona.  I don't think Ramona has the ability to curb her words and my guess is she was brutal, cutting and unforgivable.  Over the years the more recognition she got the more she rubbed it in to Mario.  There were certainly some good things she did such as have Mario's mother live with them but I would guess life with Ramona was pretty exhausting. It has been four years, she has written the book, done the tour had her daughter return and she can't seem to see he isn't coming back.

It was hard to watch Ramona and then I always remind myself how totally oblivious she is to others' pain and the rumors and gossip she thrives on.

I also thought (I started watching the first season while season 3 was on so I was late to the game) during the first few episodes of Season 1 that Mario was over it. He had a roving eye, Ramona was suspicious when ever he talked to other women, the confrontation at a party when she told the younger woman he was married and her general bizarreness when he was around trying to keep his attention. You could tell he was crazy about Avery though. The breakfasts, taking her to school and doing homework was cute.

I also do think Mario is sleazy and probably cheated many times over many years. I don't have pity for him. He is childish, a sore loser, rude and narcissistic. He and Ramona were not oil and vinegar lol. That relationship with both people having let's say "personality flaws" was going to combust. I wish Ramona would stop the tears, the melodramatic scenes about Mario and saying how hurt she is. My 6th sense is telling me it is just feeding his ego.

I also will take her Love Connection date if she doesn't want him.

• Love 12
On 7/15/2017 at 4:07 AM, jenny2682 said:

I also thought (I started watching the first season while season 3 was on so I was late to the game) during the first few episodes of Season 1 that Mario was over it. He had a roving eye, Ramona was suspicious when ever he talked to other women, the confrontation at a party when she told the younger woman he was married and her general bizarreness when he was around trying to keep his attention. You could tell he was crazy about Avery though. The breakfasts, taking her to school and doing homework was cute.

I also do think Mario is sleazy and probably cheated many times over many years. I don't have pity for him. He is childish, a sore loser, rude and narcissistic. He and Ramona were not oil and vinegar lol. That relationship with both people having let's say "personality flaws" was going to combust. I wish Ramona would stop the tears, the melodramatic scenes about Mario and saying how hurt she is. My 6th sense is telling me it is just feeding his ego.

I also will take her Love Connection date if she doesn't want him.

Her Love Connecion date was HOT.  However, I got a very fake vibe from him like he is longing for her former sportscaster glory and wanting to be on TV.  All of those dates did.

• Love 3

Watching Ramona isn't fun anymore. What would be fun is if there was a person giving her crap back to her, heck, I'll even settle for someone giving it back to her at the same low, base level she dishes it out. Like verbal mud wrestling. Cmon, Andy-give us a ramona wanna be, or just plunk 'ol kelly dodd in NY.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Watching Ramona isn't fun anymore. What would be fun is if there was a person giving her crap back to her, heck, I'll even settle for someone giving it back to her at the same low, base level she dishes it out. Like verbal mud wrestling. Cmon, Andy-give us a ramona wanna be, or just plunk 'ol kelly dodd in NY.

Kelly vs Ramona - I would totally watch it. They're both so insufferable that it'll be a riot watching them annoy the hell out of each other. But on the off chance that their similar behaviour is a bonding factor for both of them and they become friends - well then it'll be the viewers and the rest of the cast that will suffer greatly :/

• Love 1

I think Ramona is done. I don't think they will have her back next season. She is a hot mess in a very sad pathetic way.  With Sonja, producers (allegedly), told her to lay off the booze or she's out. Sonja was not doing well. Now with Romona, I hope they will have the good sense to kick her to the curb and let her get herself together.  It's not fun to watch her so miserable and nasty. 

• Love 5

Sonja and Beth had interesting theories about Ramona. Sonja said something to the effect of Ramona is trying desperately to give everyone the impression that she loves being single and dating and is having a blast. But that this pretense is causing her an enormous amount of stress.  Beth said that Ramona fears rejection.  She comes at people in this OTT way, trying to be charming, but if her target does not respond the way Ramona wants, she freaks out. I wonder how her abusive father factors into all of this. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sonja and Beth had interesting theories about Ramona. Sonja said something to the effect of Ramona is trying desperately to give everyone the impression that she loves being single and dating and is having a blast. But that this pretense is causing her an enormous amount of stress.  Beth said that Ramona fears rejection.  She comes at people in this OTT way, trying to be charming, but if her target does not respond the way Ramona wants, she freaks out. I wonder how her abusive father factors into all of this. 

Yes, she truly misses her married life and hoped that Mario would come back to her.

fear of rejection?

perhaps. She seems so sad and defeated. She needs a Frenchy asap.

• Love 5

She really does seem sad and defeated. But there was a July 17 story that she is dating someone now. She was with some friends, including Sonja. He was on a blind date. 

I'm still questioning her claim that she had sexual intercourse with 3 men since Mario. And that she either receives or performs oral sex regularly. She strikes me as someone who would wait until she knew someone for a long time before she became physically intimate. 

• Love 4

I find it hard to believe that Ramona has even made out with another man, much less had sex with three since her divorce. She is extremely uptight.

I've always felt that Ro vicariously lives through Sonja's exploits, while internally slut-shaming her friend at the same time.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, eXiled said:

I find it hard to believe that Ramona has even made out with another man, much less had sex with three since her divorce. She is extremely uptight.

I've always felt that Ro vicariously lives through Sonja's exploits, while internally slut-shaming her friend at the same time.

I find it hard to believe too.  She claims to have not gone on more than 3 dates which normally I'd be like, "Meh" about because there isn't really a set number of dates before sex rule.  EXCEPT there is with Ramona!  She always plays this Catholic card and that sex doesn't happen until the relationship is serious--she doesn't sleep around. But she hasn't dated anybody beyond 3 dates...  So, are you sleeping around or are you making up the number?  Which one is it?

• Love 8