Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

I do wonder if it's a case where Mario has been trying to get out of the marriage graciously and Ramona was in denial and/or desperate to hang onto him and things spun way out of control and she flat out refused to give him a divorce and tried to will him back to her. And instead of handling things quietly and respectfully he reacted by being balls to the wall and very ungraciously put his intentions out publicly so there was no going back.

This is the question for me as well. What Mario is doing is nasty as fuck. Yea, Ramona is terrible, but he has a child with her, so publicly humiliating her in this way is just ugly. Based on what I have seen of Mario, I would not have expected this. Sure, I figured he was cheating, but I never thought he would so something like this. He acts like he wants to hurt her; like he is punishing her for something. Can someone just turn into a person like this, or has Mario always been a little nasty to Ramona? At this point, it is hard for me to see this thing not turning very ugly when they are hammering out a settlement. Not getting ugly would require a supreme effort on Ramona's part to not get down in the mud. She has never been shown as a gal who is able to rise above things, so I wonder if she will now. I don't think I could at this point.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

Idk, if Mario & Kasey pop up on the show next season -- something seems fishy here.  Are we being played??

OOooh.  I didn't think of that.  Would they do that to Avery?  But if Avery knew the marriage had been over for a long time, why not?  It would keep the Bravo paycheck rolling in.

The video of Kasey on MDL won't load for me.  But I remember that episode.  I'll try again later.  Maybe we all tried to view it at once and blew it up.

This is so true.  What are holidays going to be like for the Singers?  I can't picture Ramona inviting Mario and his girlfriend over to spend Christmas day with her and Avery, unlike the coziness Aviva seems to have with her ex, Harry.

Can someone just turn into a person like this, or has Mario always been a little nasty to Ramona?

I think, yes, a person could. But Mario, on the other hand, didn't just turn into this.  My intuition about Ramona and Mario has proved to be right on the money as she's been my least favorite NY Ho from Season One.  And I figured anyone attracted or married to someone like her, had to have his own issues. 

Someone refresh my memory...remember when Mario got up in someone's face and said, "G'head"?  What was that about?

• Love 1

Someone refresh my memory...remember when Mario got up in someone's face and said, "G'head"?  What was that about?

I think that was in response to Jill saying she was going to knock him out (when they were discussing the tennis match). 

• Love 2

Thanks, coma.   That was it.  That moment, with his nose in the air, his invasion of personal body space, his tone, his cockiness - even though Jill may or may not have instigated it (I don't remember) is when I knew Mario had that simmering nastiness under his tennis whites.  And he reminded me of someone I know.  I just don't like people like that.

I kind of wondered why LuAnn was going on and on about the big rambling houses that weren't properly staffed.

I took it primarily as LuAnn trying to put a gracious spin on Heather's modest Berkshire accommodations (although LuAnn is fond of Heather and I think she did enjoy herself at Heather's home). But yeah, a divorced LuAnn is in less of a position to be high and mighty about the trappings of wealth. At least she knows it - Sonja hasn't caught on yet.

Eh, I'm not up for calling any woman a slut.  Kasey ain't married to Moaner.  She didn't break up nothin'

Jill referenced "Mario's cheating" rumors a couple of times on the show - mostly in Season 4, I think. At the time I figured it was just Jill looking for the right thorn to put in Ramona's side (she even said that Mario made a pass at HER, for Chrissake). But I'd bet that Kasey is hardly the first, nor will she be the last. Mario broke up his own marriage; Kasey's just an incidental. It wouldn't surprise me if the secret was a big part of the appeal for Mario, and once his midlife crisis passes and his bank account gets lighter, he'll pine for his stable married life with Ramona.

• Love 3

Great find, Bossa Nova !  Thanks for posting that link.  

Well, Kasey is just lovely.   *insert snarky eyeroll here*  

Not that Ramona or Mario are any better, there's no winners here.  Just 3 pathetic losers.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 4

I wondered about that too. The only thing that points to it not being the case is that she did file for divorce. So, why did he go through the motions of reconciling if he wanted out so badly? Seems he could have let her follow through with the divorce the firs time she filed rather than humiliate her this way. Also, they both filed a cease and desist along with a restraining order (I think) against Kasey during their reconciliation. That was what led to Kasey's crazy ranting interview in some magazine. Maybe it wasn't an interview, now that I think about it. I think it was a letter to Ramona that was published either online or in a magazine.

Unforrunately I have seen similar scenarios play out up close and personal. One was my sister, whose husband had an affair with our younger brothers wife. Yeah, that's correct, would have been a great HoWive storyline. The other was a close friend whose hubby just had a plain old affair with a co-worker.

In both cases when hubbies were caught they immediately became remorseful, begged forgiveness, the whole nine yards. However the allure of the other woman proved too much. Personally, I think they both would have been happy to stay married, keep all their stuff and at least some of the respect of their children, while playing on the side. 

Problem is,  scorned wives are a lot less trusting than those that haven't been scorned yet, so they are far more likely to get caught the second time.

Of course in this case you have a low level celebrity, so you have to know the press is chasing them as well. I would suspect a similar trajectory with Mario. He probably really thought he wanted to stay. Until he did.   

• Love 4

This is the question for me as well. What Mario is doing is nasty as fuck. Yea, Ramona is terrible, but he has a child with her, so publicly humiliating her in this way is just ugly. Based on what I have seen of Mario, I would not have expected this. Sure, I figured he was cheating, but I never thought he would so something like this. He acts like he wants to hurt her; like he is punishing her for something. Can someone just turn into a person like this, or has Mario always been a little nasty to Ramona? At this point, it is hard for me to see this thing not turning very ugly when they are hammering out a settlement. Not getting ugly would require a supreme effort on Ramona's part to not get down in the mud. She has never been shown as a gal who is able to rise above things, so I wonder if she will now. I don't think I could at this point.

Mario has ensured that he will never have a peaceful ex spouse relationship with Ramona, asshole. My husband has two ( now adult ) children from a previous marriage and I can't tell you the lengths we have gone to , to be respectful to his ex for the sake of the children. We put a new roof on her house when she needed it, given her money when she couldn't meet her bills and even offered for her to stay with us when she had cancer. Does my husband like his ex? Not even a little but no one would ever know that, she is the mother of his children and he treats her with great respect. In turn, we can all be together at various family functions without any tension and when we adopted our daughter the ex was very supportive. In fact his two children wrote two of our adoption reference letters. Life is long Mario and your treatment of Ramona will have consequences for many years.

• Love 14

Thanks, coma. That was it. That moment, with his nose in the air, his invasion of personal body space, his tone, his cockiness - even though Jill may or may not have instigated it (I don't remember) is when I knew Mario had that simmering nastiness under his tennis whites. And he reminded me of someone I know. I just don't like people like that.

I have always thought Mario was a jerk. Simmering nastiness is a great way to put it. I admit that I'm not Ramona's biggest fan but Mario seems to be trying to rub it in her face. And that is beyond fucked up.

Saying that, I have always thought that M&R feed off each other they both have a nasty streak and love to smugly look down on others.

• Love 8

In turn, we can all be together at various family functions without any tension and when we adopted our daughter the ex was very supportive. In fact his two children wrote two of our adoption reference letters. Life is long Mario and your treatment of Ramona will have consequences for many years.

I have to say, I really like that we're able to use personal anecdotes, (within reason, of course) to illustrate our feelings about these storylines.  Thanks, mods, for allowing this. Personalizes the board (which can either be a good or bad thing, I suppose) but gives food for thought when considering an opposing viewpoint.  I understand why TWOP frowned upon it as it can get out of hand but I appreciate that a couple of the personal stories have made me more sympathetic, or not, toward some of these 'characters'.  Made the discussion more interesting and insightful.

Topic?  Ramona or Mario.  Who gets Coco?

• Love 9

I have to say, I really like that we're able to use personal anecdotes, (within reason, of course) to illustrate our feelings about these storylines.  Thanks, mods, for allowing this. Personalizes the board (which can either be a good or bad thing, I suppose) but gives food for thought when considering an opposing viewpoint.  I understand why TWOP frowned upon it as it can get out of hand but I appreciate that a couple of the personal stories have made me more sympathetic, or not, toward some of these 'characters'.  Made the discussion more interesting and insightful.

Topic?  Ramona or Mario.  Who gets Coco?

The personal side of comments not only gives me an insight into the TV character, it also gives me the great privilege of getting to know my fellow posters, and form a weird sense of community (not to mention sharing personal anecdotes of my own. always.  everywhere.).  :-)

Avery should get custody of Coco.

• Love 8

To clarify my earlier request, you can't slut shame anyone on this site. You can snark, you can point out how terrible this all is, you can do mostly what everyone has been doing but we're not going to use misogynistic language or participate in slut shaming at PTV anywhere, not just in this topic. 

In the future, please PM mods for questions, asking questions in topic derails the discussion. 

• Love 5

Of course you're being snarky.  Just for me I get sick of reading this bullshit about the eeeevil other woman when you have the Moaner's own husband only to happy to hold his mistress by the hand in broad daylight in Manhattan the same week his psychotic beloved wife's blink blink blink 'we're great!!!' response to questions about their marriage airs on TV.  It's always the third party who gets the scarlet fucking A when there were no rings and no vows on her end.  Especially if she's a she.

Yes, I commented on that in the post above thi one you responded to.. I absolutely always blame the spouse that is cheating. However, that does not, IMO, absolve the other woman (or man as the case may be). I will sometimes give a really young girl a semi-pass for not knowing better, but cheating with a married person is never OK.

For me, the issue with this woman isn't just that she had an affair. There are all kinds of reasons why people get involved with married men/women. It's how publicity hungry she is about it. To pose with her friends in front of Ramona's new restaurant and put the picture online?? That's so creepy and weird. Leaking letters Mario wrote to her while he was trying to win Ramona's back. I wouldn't be surprised if she's tipping off the paps so they can take pictures. And she wants a reality show too? Lord. Who knows what else happened behind the scenes? There's an undercurrent of viciousness and obsession that makes me very uncomfortable.

• Love 6

Ugh, those photos.  Even lust isn't explaining this adequately - if Mario went along with making sure a restraining order was filed against his mistress, WTF is he doing?  How surreal to have them cuddled up like the frigging law was not involved at some point.  We all love sex.  Sex is an incomplete answer.

Well, at least Kasey has given up the 'blonde.'  I know some great-looking, much more successful men in NYC in Mario's age range and I seriously cannot imagine a single one of them ever, EVER doing anything so public.  Ever.  And a couple have left their wives for other women, but this is some serious fuckedupedness.

• Love 6

I know some great-looking, much more successful men in NYC in Mario's age range and I seriously cannot imagine a single one of them ever, EVER doing anything so public.  Ever.

And, his family business is a religion based business, so that makes it doubly appalling to me. Seems like even if he did want to humiliate the mother of his only child (that we know of), he would at least worry about how his business would be affected by his public behavior. 

Now that I think about it, I wonder if Ramona's fake pregnancy scare a season or two back wasn't her way of letting Mario's mistress know that she and Mario were still sexually active? I am questioning lots of things in retrospect now that he has so publicly dismissed his marriage.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 2

It sounds to me as if Mario has reached a place in life where he is willing to let go of some of the material things in life to experience some  carnal pleasure.  I don't know if it means he wasn't having relations with Ramona just that he was ready to move on to a newer, younger flavor.  Given Kasey's colorful and volatile past he might want to protect himself and his daughter from any backlash should his decision go south.

Because Ramona has such a strange relationship with betrayal and forgiveness if I were her I would stay far, far away from Mario until Kasey felt secure in her relationship with Mario.  At this point Avery is an adult and can make her own choices and I think she will need to do what is in the best interests of keeping a relationship with both parents.  One thing I always remember about Ramona is she had HIS mother live with them until her death.

• Love 3

Because Ramona has such a strange relationship with betrayal and forgiveness if I were her I would stay far, far away from Mario until Kasey felt secure in her relationship with Mario. 

Ohhh, I forgot about her betrayal/daddy issues.  If I were Mario I'd stay far, far away from her.  They don't call her Ramona "Crazy Eyes" Stinger for nothing.  I can not stand this woman but I don't wish that kind of betrayal on anybody.  When I look at that picture of him casually walking with Kasey, I have to wonder, did Ramona buy him that watch?  Perhaps as an anniversary present? Even a detail like that, if in her shoes, would drive me crazy to have to see. 

The only reason I can think of for Mario to make such a callous display is A.) he's just that much of an asshole, B.) Ramona messed with his business or worse and he's paying her back  or C.) we're being set up.

It's easy to assume that Avery would take Ramona's side in this but what if she's been living with a very heinous Ramona all these years and takes Mario's side?

• Love 3

It's easy to assume that Avery would take Ramona's side in this but what if she's been living with a very heinous Ramona all these years and takes Mario's side?

I hope she doesn't take either side. However, judging by the looks she has given Ramona with Mario in the room, she's a daddy's girl.

• Love 1

I hope she doesn't take either side. However, judging by the looks she has given Ramona with Mario in the room, she's a daddy's girl.

I hope she doesn't take sides either. It's possible that she is a daddy's girl, but I think it is just as possible that she is the apple of both parents' eye. I know that we have seen lots of eye-rolling from her when it comes to Ramona, but we also seen legitimate closeness between the two as well. I always chalked Avery's eye rolling and sarcasm as the trait of a teen aged girl dealing with her mom, and not necessarily an indicator that Ramona was a horrible parent.  

• Love 2

Sadly, for all Ramona's talk about being "best friends" with her daughter, it seemed to me that Avery was TOTALLY daddy's girl.

Just re-watch the scene where they drop her off at the college--she's got her head on Mario's shoulder & their body language is very natural & comfortable. Ramona is sitting next to her spazzing out, and Avery looks like she couldn't care less.

I've been watching from the beginning and in every scene with the 3 of them, I've always been struck by how close she appears to be to Mario, and how much she tries to distance herself from Ramona, She doesn't resemble Mario in the least--I actually thought he was her stepfather at first--but he's clearly the parent she's closer to.**

Her dealings w/ Ramona over the years make me think that her mother is just one big chore for Avery.

**yes, I know, it's heavily edited & about 5% of their entire lives, so these are speculations/reactions to all that we've been shown.

• Love 4

Sadly, for all Ramona's talk about being "best friends" with her daughter, it seemed to me that Avery was TOTALLY daddy's girl.

Just re-watch the scene where they drop her off at the college--she's got her head on Mario's shoulder & their body language is very natural & comfortable. Ramona is sitting next to her spazzing out, and Avery looks like she couldn't care less.

I've been watching from the beginning and in every scene with the 3 of them, I've always been struck by how close she appears to be to Mario, and how much she tries to distance herself from Ramona, She doesn't resemble Mario in the least--I actually thought he was her stepfather at first--but he's clearly the parent she's closer to.**

Her dealings w/ Ramona over the years make me think that her mother is just one big chore for Avery.

**yes, I know, it's heavily edited & about 5% of their entire lives, so these are speculations/reactions to all that we've been shown.

Well Avery did say she would rather work with her dad over the summer than her mom.  All I know is Avery is transferring colleges so this must have had some toll on her.  My guess is Avery will not be all that delighted in meeting Kasey with her past.  I am sure Avery has many friends whose parents have divorced so she probably knows the drill.

Ramona has been a career woman and a mother but I do think she wants the best for Avery. 

Does anyone else remember when Mario was on the tennis circuit (senior division)?  I always wonder if he didn't go out of bounds a time or two while touring.

• Love 1

Does anyone else remember when Mario was on the tennis circuit (senior division)?  I always wonder if he didn't go out of bounds a time or two while touring.

I do remember first seeing Mario in the Hamptons in his tennis whites and thinking he was a douche - that was at the very beginning of this show ...

That is interesting, because I remember very few scenes with just Avery and Mario. The vast majority of the Avery scenes were with Ramona, and in the ones with both her parents, she seemed like a typical teen over both of her parents. I'm not discounting whatever body language you saw, I am just saying that the scenes of Avery rolling her eyes seemed very typical of a teenage girl and her mother, or of a teenage girl over dealing with both of her parents. 

I think that regardless of what type of people Mario and Ramona are, they did raise their daughter to be independent and to make up her own mind about what she wanted. So, if nothing else, they both did a good job there. As for the type of people they actually are, I don't think I can comment. 

• Love 2

ll I know is Avery is transferring colleges so this must have had some toll on her.

How do you know that ? If so, she was only there one year  - her freshman year.....

Edited to add: Just checked out her Twitter. You are correct. She says she is looking forward to starting her sophomore year at UVA. Good for her, and another fine school a bit closer to home. 

I am happy to see her Twitter account. (no, I don't normally check it out). Current tweets show her to be a normal happy go lucky girl....while all hell is breaking loose in her parents' marriage. Stay strong beautiful Avery.  

https://twitter.com/averysinger

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1

Current tweets show her to be a normal happy go lucky girl....while all hell is breaking loose in her parents' marriage. Stay strong beautiful Avery.  

She does mention that she did 3 spin classes in 4 days to let off steam.  Good for her.  If Ramona and Mario were my parents and I were away at college, I don't know if doing spin classes would exactly do it for me.  I might turn to pizza.  Or pinot. 

• Love 4

Wow, I watched the Million Dollar Listing clip of Ryan on a date with Kasey. She really is quite the famewhore. I hate Ramona as much as the next person, but I am surprisingly disappointed with Mario's behavior. He doesn't seem to care at ALL how this press will affect his daughter. I used to think Ramona and Mario were horrible, but still thought that they were decent parents. If I were in college, and my father were flaunting his affair with this kind of woman, I would cut off all communication with him for several months. This would really eff with the self-esteem of many young women and could influence their future relationships with men. Sorry for stating the obvious.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4

You mean Avery isn't going to college in NYC, Palm Beach, the Hamptons or L.A.? Man, Ramona must really hate her daughter to send her to such godforsaken cities like Atlanta and Charlottesville.

• Love 1
She doesn't resemble Mario in the least--I actually thought he was her stepfather at first--but he's clearly the parent she's closer to

I've always thought she looks a lot like Mario, despite her coloring from Ramona. To me, she has Mario's face shape and eyes/brow. I think she got a mix of both parents. 

You mean Avery isn't going to college in NYC, Palm Beach, the Hamptons or L.A.? Man, Ramona must really hate her daughter to send her to such godforsaken cities like Atlanta and Charlottesville.

While both great schools, I am not shocked Ramona doesn't throw the University scale around. I imagine Ramona assumed Avery would trump Ally Zarin and for sure, Lu's Victoria, and end up at Yale, or at least Columbia. 

• Love 1

One Christmastime I was overwhelmed with a 6 month old and all the festivities we were expected to attend. I told Mr. Ryebread that I felt pulled in 50 directions by both sides of the family.  I'll never forget this - we were riding in the car to our nth family gathering and he gently reminded me how lucky we were that both sets of our parents were still married.  He asked me what I thought holidays would be like if both sets had divorced, married other people.  Even if everything was amicable, the aftershocks would continue for a lifetime.  But if there was animosity between any or all parties??  Yikes. 

That snowy day, I quit my bitching about how haaaard our families were being on me. LOL.  I was such a baby.  Just to have family, period, is such a blessing.

Great.  I was enjoying being pissed off at my mom.  Now I've got to go call her.  Sobbbbbbbbssss.  ;) 

I always love seeing the 'red' links.  Oh goody, tweets!  Thanks Bossa Nova

Stay strong Avery!

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

How do you know that ? If so, she was only there one year  - her freshman year.....

Edited to add: Just checked out her Twitter. You are correct. She says she is looking forward to starting her sophomore year at UVA. Good for her, and another fine school a bit closer to home. 

I am happy to see her Twitter account. (no, I don't normally check it out). Current tweets show her to be a normal happy go lucky girl....while all hell is breaking loose in her parents' marriage. Stay strong beautiful Avery.  

I

Oh dear god, I may run into Ramona one day....if she visits Avery.

I can't muster much sympathy for Ramona; she's just a mean person.

I lived in Atlanta for many years, and once while flying home from a business trip the TSA agent confiscated my full sized tube of toothpaste at the Charlottesville airport.  Who knew good oral hygiene was such a threat to society?  Ramona would not have approved since I didn't know a private pilot who could pick me up at my pre-planned whim.

Wow.  I tease Mr. Lablover that if he ever cheated his daughter would hate him.  I mean, I'd never really do that to her, ruin her relationship with her father, but I've never been there.  Ramona went there.  Twice in this article.  I'm not surprised.  She's hitting him back, hard.  Obviously, she's hurting.   

Right back at ya Mario.  Mario, that is what is called a Singer Stinger.

• Love 1

Sounds like somebody is having a little too much Turtle Time....and paranoid to boot.  

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/13/ramona-singer-911-call-stalker-husband-mistress-stalking/

Ramona Singer -- who stars in "Real Housewives of New York City" -- has gone to the NYPD ... claiming her estranged husband's mistress has been stalking her ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Ramona called 911 Wednesday afternoon, claiming the woman had followed her to a restaurant.

Ramona revealed last week she was leaving hubby Mario Singer, although she didn't say why. Other members of the cast dimed Mario to the media ... at least they alleged he was cheating.

But now we know ... Singer herself believes Mario was cheating, and for some reason she believes the mistress is obsessed with her.

Cops went to the restaurant but the woman in question was eating lunch with a man and had no connection to either Ramona or Mario.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/13/ramona-singer-911-call-stalker-husband-mistress-stalking/#ixzz3AJRU1ZP5

And Ramona clearly missed her blowout appointment in this picture.  Yikes.

• Love 3