Type keyword(s) to search

Ramona Singer: The Turtle Time Walk of Shame

• Start Topic

Those eyes! Seriously though, can someone tell me if "Turtle Time" was a thing before that episode that the gif is taken from? I didn't watch back then so I don't know if that's the first time she said it or if that was just when it took off.

• Love 1

So I'm rewatching season 1 and in the first episode Ramona has been thrown in the water, pushed a friend down to the ground, aimed to throw a dog in the water, slapped up Mario for flirting with women at a party, the list grows episode by episode.  

Lisin, here's a fun video of "Turtle Time" in action:

This was from the infamous "Scary Island" season, when Kelly lost her shit in the Virgin Islands. That same night, Ramona just got drunk off her ass on Pinot Grigio and proceeded to begin a "turttttle tiiiiime" drunkie-dance outside of a bar there called The Fat Turtle, which was near where their boat was docked. And thus the legend began!
  • Love 3

AAAH! So the bar was The Fat Turtle! Thank you!! I knew this was what "turtle time" looked like, I just had no idea why she was saying "turtle time" and not "pinot time" or something else that made more sense. The name of the bar is what I was missing! Also I am super bitter I didn't watch this season and that it isn't on Netflix because all of the clips make it look like it was amazing. 

(edited)

Also I am super bitter I didn't watch this season and that it isn't on Netflix because all of the clips make it look like it was amazing.

It *was* amazing.  It was Camelot, it was their championship season, it was a diamond as big as the Ritz; it went to eleven, it went to hell (and Jill never came back) it was bizarre and uncomfortable and stylish and full of crazed moments  -- like a cult meltdown but with pinot and perfect pedicures -- and as shameful as these ho-wives shows are to watch, I have to admit: It was my damn lobster.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

I wonder if Andy is going to even broach the subject of Mario's affair at the reunion? It looks like the mistress is sending emails to Mario's attorney and Mario and Ramona are now denying that an affair took place. At least that is what this article is saying.

It *was* amazing.  It was Camelot, it was their championship season, it was a diamond as big as the Ritz; it went to eleven, it went to hell (and Jill never came back) it was bizarre and uncomfortable and stylish and full of crazed moments  -- like a cult meltdown but with pinot and perfect pedicures -- and as shameful as these ho-wives shows are to watch, I have to admit: It was my damn lobster.

Totally agree. This was hand's down the most epic season ever. I actually bought this season so that I could re-watch the crazy goodness.It's the only season of any franchise that I have ever spent money on.

<Ramona and Mario are now denying an affair took place>

Wow! And what happened to that Ramona from year one "a woman should have her own money so she doesn't have to stay with a man? I guess she doesn't want to be alone. Since she had already filed for divorce, it's not just that they are very catholic.

(edited)

The source for this is Radar Online, infamous for throwing various steaming shit to the wall and seeing what might stick, so take from it what you may.

Bravo Bloodbath!  Entire Cast of RHONYC To Get The Axe, Except for One Housewife!  Guess Who?  

But the series sinking ratings are simply unacceptable, and so, “The entire current cast, including Sonja Morgan, Heather Thomas, Luann de Lesseps, and Carole Radzwill are all expected to get pinks slips,” the source said.

At this point, “Ramona will most likely be offered a contract to come back,” according to the source, “and Aviva Drescher could be offered a much smaller role, of series guest star.”

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/06/real-housewives-of-new-york-rhony-cast-fired/?utm_source=skimlinks.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=skimlinks.com

I couldn't figure out precisely where to put this, but since Ramona is rumored to be the last (wo)man standing, I decided to post in her thread.

As far Aviva coming back as a guest star?  Kinda doubting that one right off the bat, but a total cast overhaul wouldn't surprise me in the least.  

Edited by Persnickety1

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/30/real-housewife-ramona-singer-a-hot-mess-at-hamptons-gala/

‘Real Housewife’ Ramona Singer a hot mess at gala

Ramona Singer made a scene at an upscale Hamptons gala over the weekend by dancing like “a dog in heat,” losing her purse and cellphone, and then frantically “screaming” at staffers to help her find the device for fear that racy photos snapped in St. Barts last week would leak.

The drama went down at the American Heart Association’s 18th Heart Ball in Bridgehampton after “The Real Housewives” star arrived with hubby Mario Singer. She filed for divorce from him this year after he was caught cheating with a younger woman, but the pair have since reconciled.

The invitation’s dress code suggested “chic cocktail,” “ ’70s-inspired” and “glitter & sparkle.” Ramona glamorously arrived in a “flashy floor-length gold gown” and was then seen “dancing provocatively all over her husband” — although Mario “seemed disinterested.”

“She was humping him, dancing on his leg,” our spy said. Another onlooker summed up: “It looked like two dogs in heat.”

After dancing and humping for about an hour, sources tell us Ramona couldn’t find her purse after she’d left it on a table at the shindig.

“Ramona was frantically running around,” a witness said. “She was screaming at the wait staff, demanding that everybody stop and look for her pocketbook.” But we’re further told that Ramona’s real panic wasn’t just because her wallet was inside the snazzy bag — there were also “intimate photos” of her snapped in St. Barts. (After Ramona and Mario reconciled, they celebrated with a romantic trip to the island last week.)

“She’s afraid that someone’s going to get the topless photos off the phone,” a friend of Ramona’s said of her odd behavior. But another source insisted they were “just bikini pics,” and “Ramona was just having fun” at the gala.

As of Monday, she still hadn’t found the phone, but had it disconnected. Ramona and her reps didn’t return emails for comment.

Meantime, the “Housewife,” who already has a line of pinot grigio, is going to become a restaurateur: We’re told she’s partnering in the Italian eatery Alfredo 100 on East 54th Street.

Oh lord, we've all seen Ramona dance.  It's reminiscent of Elaine's infamous dancing on Seinfeld.  With none of the charm.

And this behavior at a charity event?  I wonder if she insisted they serve her Ramona Pinot, too.

Such an embarrassment to herself.  Perhaps she and Sonja have more in common than I thought.

Their poor daughters.  

• Love 3

And maybe Aviva was right about them all along.

Maybe.  After a few scenes I've witnessed and seen how the three of them (Mario, Ramona and Sonja) interact with each other, the expression "thick as 3 in the bed and 2 in the middle" did come to mind.

I'm always delighted when Mr. Persnickety gets along with my friends; however, if he's standing there chatting it up with a female friend of mine and has his HAND ON HER ASS, we're gonna have a problem.  Well, we're not but he and the female friend would definitely have a problem.  Such as trying to unwedge my stiletto-wearing feet from their asses.  

• Love 4

I enjoyed Ramona for years but this season she's been different.  The strain in her marriage coupled with Avery leaving home is really showing through.  I'm not ready to write her off completely but she needs to get her shit together.

Sonja was fabulous her first season but that was before we all knew the whole story.  She played her Lady of the Manor part really well and I ate it up.  She's a lying sack of shit but I actually think that her crap being totally out in the open is what really bothers her.

• Love 1

Ramona is such a nasty maggot bitch.  I fear I would break both hands backhanding her. 

Love what you wrote, candy moocher.  I think having her bullshit and lies and delusions on Front Street is what's getting to Sonja.  She has a fantasy that she's a well-heeled important NYC social figure.  Not so fast, Sonja.

• Love 3

I'd rather spend time with Aviva than Ramona.  I've never liked her.  Ironically, it's the two times she was being awful to Bethenny - who is on my list of Top 5 Detestable Hos - that really sealed the deal on my dislike for Moaner.  On the bridge and when she told Beth that Jill likes the underdog and expounded on that topic.

I also didn't love Simon but when she was so rude to him at Jill's dinner party, yikes. I think those are her true colors.  Makes for wonderful snark but a shitty human being.

• Love 1

I'd rather spend time with Aviva than Ramona.  I've never liked her.  Ironically, it's the two times she was being awful to Bethenny - who is on my list of Top 5 Detestable Hos - that really sealed the deal on my dislike for Moaner.  On the bridge and when she told Beth that Jill likes the underdog and expounded on that topic.

I also didn't love Simon but when she was so rude to him at Jill's dinner party, yikes. I think those are her true colors.  Makes for wonderful snark but a shitty human being.

Ramona wasn't wrong about anything that she said to Bethenny, though.  She was spot-on, if memory serves.

• Love 3

Ramona wasn't wrong about anything that she said to Bethenny, though.  She was spot-on, if memory serves.

Absolutely, positutely agree.  Ramona was SO right about Bethenny.  I think those crazy eyes of Moaner's are all-seeing.  But her delivery!  I can't handle watching someone who perceives themselves as being tougher/stronger/better kicking a weaker dog when they're down.

• Love 1
(edited)

For me that scene on the bridge will always be interesting. Not because of how spot on Ramona was but because of WHY she even said it. 

Bethenny was sure that Jill was planting stories about their friendship in the media. Ramona was defending Jill and said that Bethenny is the one who courts the media. Bethenny, then said that she might court the media but she doesnt' do it the way Jill does. She goes on to say that she used her media connections to get whatever it was Ramona was hawking at the time a bunch of followers on Twitter.

That is when Ramona exploded with the "you don't have anyone one. You only have Jason, and you will probably lose him too."

What Ramona said may have been spot on, but the reason she said was as a reaction to be called out by Bethenny for exploiting the media on Ramona's behalf. And, this was the best part, while this is happening on camera, Ramona's True Faith T-shirt was front and center the entire time, which further proved Bethenny's point.

I have always believed that in Ramona's mind, she has to lash out and go for the jugular at the slightest hint of someone confronting or attacking her. If she doesn't, then she is being submissive to an abusive person. That's why she always fights dirty over something so insignificant. 

If you watch and listen to that conversation, nothing Bethenny said to Ramona merited that explosion of hurtfulness on Ramona's part. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 7

I've been re-watching Season 4 on Hulu and snorted over a scene between Ramona and Avery, just because Ramona has repeatedly prided herself on what a hands-on mom she is, all the while making digs at LuAnn being a "weekend mom" and not as present in her daughter's life.

First off, Avery chided Ramona for taking her phone out at the table, saying "you're always taking calls when we go out together!" (Ramona did listen to her and put the phone away, at least.)

Then Avery said "I never know when you guys are coming home. I'll text you, it'll be 9:30 and I'm like, Should I wait for them before eating dinner? Where are they?"

The funniest moment was when Ramona proudly showed Avery a file folder she marked specifically for Avery's college preparations and alluded to Avery getting ready for her SATs. Avery said, "Yeah, I've already taken them." Whoops.

It was obvious during the meal that the two love each other a great deal and that Avery's learned to deal with certain things, even if she isn't happy about it. But it's funny that Ramona talks about being uber-present in her daughter's life, when it seems like they all rarely have dinner together during the week, and that Ramona didn't even know that her daughter had taken her SATs!

• Love 7

I've been re-watching Season 4 on Hulu and snorted over a scene between Ramona and Avery, just because Ramona has repeatedly prided herself on what a hands-on mom she is, all the while making digs at LuAnn being a "weekend mom" and not as present in her daughter's life.

First off, Avery chided Ramona for taking her phone out at the table, saying "you're always taking calls when we go out together!" (Ramona did listen to her and put the phone away, at least.)

Then Avery said "I never know when you guys are coming home. I'll text you, it'll be 9:30 and I'm like, Should I wait for them before eating dinner? Where are they?"

The funniest moment was when Ramona proudly showed Avery a file folder she marked specifically for Avery's college preparations and alluded to Avery getting ready for her SATs. Avery said, "Yeah, I've already taken them." Whoops.

It was obvious during the meal that the two love each other a great deal and that Avery's learned to deal with certain things, even if she isn't happy about it. But it's funny that Ramona talks about being uber-present in her daughter's life, when it seems like they all rarely have dinner together during the week, and that Ramona didn't even know that her daughter had taken her SATs!

God, I would love to see that again. I may have to invest some time and watch that season again. 

It is even funnier if you remember the first time Ramona really showed her ass on this show - which was the dinner party where Alex brought Simon.  As Ramona went bat-shit crazy, she said that the reason she was so upset was because she never got to have a night out like that.  She was always at home being a mother to Avery, and so a planned night out with the gals was a nice treat for her. Then of course she left the party early because she had some friends she was meeting for drinks.

I always wondered why Lu never called her out on her hypocrisy with regard to the whole "weekend mother" deal. In the one season mentioned above it became clear that Ramona was not the hands on mom she made herself out to be. If you are at all involved in your child's life you know all about them taking the SAT's. That was some funny shit. I hope Lu makes up for it at the reunion.  

• Love 2

God, I would love to see that again. I may have to invest some time and watch that season again.

It is even funnier if you remember the first time Ramona really showed her ass on this show - which was the dinner party where Alex brought Simon. As Ramona went bat-shit crazy, she said that the reason she was so upset was because she never got to have a night out like that. She was always at home being a mother to Avery, and so a planned night out with the gals was a nice treat for her. Then of course she left the party early because she had some friends she was meeting for drinks.

I always wondered why Lu never called her out on her hypocrisy with regard to the whole "weekend mother" deal. In the one season mentioned above it became clear that Ramona was not the hands on mom she made herself out to be. If you are at all involved in your child's life you know all about them taking the SAT's. That was some funny shit. I hope Lu makes up for it at the reunion.

I love those scenes because it shows Ramona is not the perfect mother she wants people to think.

While Lu was trying shield some of her private life, so was Ramona.

I also, never understood why LuAnn didn't throw the truth back in Ramona's face, regarding the weekend mom thing.

LuAnn does seem to bite her tongue about private things.

Avery barely spoke the last few times they showed her. I wonder, if she, unlike her mother realized sometimes it better not to say anything.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

So what's kind of funny is I was just coming here to post the same thing, only about Sonja. I have decided, after last night she is not only a narcissist but, quite likely, a sociopath.

As for Ramona I think she is pretty much a garden variety cray cray housewife who is really into denial. Sadly I have seen other women like her. They just cannot accept what everyone else sees when it comes to their men.     

• Love 3

With the new pics of Mario and the mistress out there. And reports of the divorce back on. I don't think that Ramona will be able to avoid the topic of Mario and the divorce, next season.

Does anybody think Ramona would leave the show to avoid having the divorce play out on the show?

Part of me thinks she might leave the show. I don't think Ramona could take the failure of her marriage being her "story".

I guess, we will have to wait and see?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Ramona just posted this on Facebook 15 minutes ago: "I have decided to move on with my life without Mario. I tried my best to make my marriage work. I am excited for the new chapter in my life."

Edited by Box305
  • Love 3

I have decided to move on with my life without Mario. I tried my best to make my marriage work. I am excited for the new chapter in my life.

https://www.facebook...1190425?fref=nf

Looks like those pictures of him canoodling with the infamous Ms. Dexter did the trick.

WHOA ! She must have called her attorney today and filed.

Okay as badly as Ramona handled those questions on Reunion Part #2, ....that Mario is really, really a shit. I feel for Ramona.

Couldn't the horny shithead at least lay low and waited until the reunion was done airing and the New York Housewives' season was officially over, thus allowing Ramona and Avery a little down time from the press and public eye scrutiny ?! Wait, and being that its summer Avery is out of school, so she is around too. 

As he looks so casually dressed in that restaurant photo with his whore girl, ...I suspect they must have been out at the Hamptons playing around.  Goddamn him. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Okay as badly as Ramona handled those questions on Reunion Part #2, ....that Mario is really, really a shit. I feel for Ramona.

Not a huge Ramona fan  - I can take her or leave her - but I do feel badly for her. I believe she really loved him and he clearly had no problem continuing to publicly humiliate her which make him a real POS in my book. I wish her and Avery the best.

• Love 10

WHOA ! She must have called her attorney today and filed.

Couldn't the horny shithead at least lay low and waited until the reunion was done airing and the New York Housewives' season was officially over, thus allowing Ramona and Avery a little down time from the press and public eye scrutiny ?! Wait, and being that its summer Avery is out of school, so she is around too. 

As he looks so casually dressed in that restaurant photo with his whore girl, ...I suspect they must have been out at the Hamptons playing around.  Goddamn him. 

Right?  No shame in his dirty, dirty game.  What a retched piece of work.

My opinion is he WANTED to get busted with this bitch.  They were dining at an OUTDOOR cafe in NYC and he was practically sitting in her lap.  

All the tabloid paparazzi have been watching the two of them like vultures since this story originally broke.  

He HAD to know they would be spotted and this picture would be everywhere.

I'm far from a Ramona well-wisher (TM Aviva!), but goddamn....That was some cold shit right there, Mario.  The least he could have done was laid low until the reunion had finished airing and broke it off in a decent fashion.  Like, actually telling your wife of 20 years first.

What an absolute smarmy human being.

• Love 5

Does the new season really begin filming in 6 weeks?  i wonder if this will be the end of Ramona.

I wonder that, too, candy. I just can't see Ramona filming her life after Mario humiliating her like he has, esp. after she so publicly denied anything was wrong at the reunion. Of course, this is Ramona we're talking about, who sometimes denies saying something seconds after she said it, so maybe she'll do a complete 180 and act like being single is suddenly fabulous!

• Love 2

Not a huge Ramona fan  - I can take her or leave her - but I do feel badly for her. I believe she really loved him and he clearly had no problem continuing to publicly humiliate her which make him a real POS in my book. I wish her and Avery the best.

One thing about Ramona after six seasons of this ride she knows how the game is played.  Opening her restaurant and having filming begin shortly-if the franchise is going to continue, will keep Ramona Singer RHONYC, in the news.  What remains to be seen is who will she film with-LuAnn, Sonja-what if the others don't return where will that put LuAnn?

People with conflicts this season -Heather comes to mind.  She has a big lawsuit and she has made it very personal.  IF viewers thought Bookgate was a snore I don't think the producers are going to subject the viewers to a patent infringement suit. 

I don't see Aviva coming back as she is no longer believable and has no storyline.  Harry has pretty much run his course.

I don't think Ramona is going to want or bemoan any support from her co-stars.  Sonja is a loon, LuAnn can't wipe the smile off her face, Heather wants an apology first and Carole and Kristen have nothing to add.

I wonder if Fabio is single and available. 

Hey, that Nick dude that Carole had the double-date with is still single.

Didn't Ramona say she had gone out with him at some point before she met Mario?

Dear gawd, I can just see Bravo now giving Ramona and Sonja their own series "The Real Cougars of NYC."

• Love 1

I hate to say this, but Ramona must have been very difficult to live with. She's over-the-top neurotic and controlling. Yes, Mario is a POS for cheating with another woman and not having the balls to just tell Ramona he wants out of the marriage. Rich people and their first world problems.

For 6 years people have been asking how in God's name Mario (who seemed relatively normal, if competitive and petty) ended up with Ramona--or could stand living w/ her. I've often thought he survived by playing around--a lot--and if it didn't mess w/ Ramona's image, she put up with it. And that worked for them for a loooooooong time. Don't ask me how--I couldn't do either.

(But with that going on, you think Ramona would have been a bit less aggressive when it came to other people's marriages & children)

Something big must've happened so that Mario became so public with his affair, clearly courting publicity w/ his sidepiece. Maybe Ramona was supposed to find some graceful exit from the marriage on or by the reunion, but since she clearly failed, Mario forced the issue by going public. I think he definitely wants out, & his sidepiece wasn't ok with being on the sidelines.

Also--he did what many, many, many viewers predicted on these & other sites--split the second his daughter left for college. Not gracefully--but very foreseeable even from the fraction we've seen of their lives.

• Love 5

http://www.elliman.com/long-island/southampton-village-hamptons-xxqgazq  Ramona's house in the Hamptons.

LuAnn's new home http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/real-estate/real-li-1.812034/luann-de-lesseps-of-real-housewives-buys-sag-harbor-home-1.7394130

I kind of wondered why LuAnn was going on and on about the big rambling houses that weren't properly staffed.  I guess LuAnn has moved into smaller digs.  BTW I don't think a 6,500 square foot home really warrants a full on full time staff.

LuAnn's Hampton's has the price lowered again. http://hamptons.curbed.com/archives/2014/07/28/once_more_unto_the_pricechopper_for_countess_luann.php

• Love 1

For 6 years people have been asking how in God's name Mario (who seemed relatively normal, if competitive and petty) ended up with Ramona--or could stand living w/ her. I've often thought he survived by playing around--a lot--and if it didn't mess w/ Ramona's image, she put up with it. And that worked for them for a loooooooong time. Don't ask me how--I couldn't do either.

(But with that going on, you think Ramona would have been a bit less aggressive when it came to other people's marriages & children)

Something big must've happened so that Mario became so public with his affair, clearly courting publicity w/ his sidepiece. Maybe Ramona was supposed to find some graceful exit from the marriage on or by the reunion, but since she clearly failed, Mario forced the issue by going public. I think he definitely wants out, & his sidepiece wasn't ok with being on the sidelines.

Also--he did what many, many, many viewers predicted on these & other sites--split the second his daughter left for college. Not gracefully--but very foreseeable even from the fraction we've seen of their lives.

It was posted in the Ramona thread that she threw him out July 30, so he saw no need to hide. Edited by SFoster21

Mario is a scumbag pig and Kasey is a douche-bag whore.  Karma?  I hope both those pigs get what they deserve.  You don't ever, EVER screw around with a married man.  Especially after they were trying to work things out.  And if Mario was unhappy he should have talked to Ramona and then ask for a divorce.  You don't go around playing with people's feelings like that just because you are a fuckin horny old pig.  I hope Ramona comes out way on top and those two cheating pigs make each other miserable.  God Bless Avery.

• Love 8

Mario is a scumbag pig and Kasey is a douche-bag whore.  Karma?  I hope both those pigs get what they deserve.  You don't ever, EVER screw around with a married man.  Especially after they were trying to work things out.  And if Mario was unhappy he should have talked to Ramona and then ask for a divorce.  You don't go around playing with people's feelings like that just because you are a fuckin horny old pig.  I hope Ramona comes out way on top and those two cheating pigs make each other miserable.  God Bless Avery.

I do think Ramona will come out on top.  It sounds like his new piece of ass is crazy.  Someone said that on her Twitter feed  there is a picture of her with a couple of girlfriends standing under the awning of the restaurant Ramona just invested in.  Wow, that is some seriously mean shit. I know that Ramona is a boil on the butt of humanity, but why in the world would Mario do something so public with someone like this to the mother of his child. There have been stories for weeks about this woman basically tormenting Ramona. I can only imagine how upset Avery must be. Mario will no doubt end up regretting this at some point. Hard to believe Ramona is better than anyone else in the world, but it sounds like she is better than this gal. 

• Love 9

Yea, the interesting part will be in seeing how quickly this all gets settled. Will it become ugly publicly, or just get settled quickly and go away? 

I think we will see Ramona dating in the very near future.  I hate to say it but I do think she is done with Mario and it is time for her to move on.

• Love 2

I do think Ramona will come out on top.  It sounds like his new piece of ass is crazy.  Someone said that on her Twitter feed  there is a picture of her with a couple of girlfriends standing under the awning of the restaurant Ramona just invested in.  Wow, that is some seriously mean shit. I know that Ramona is a boil on the butt of humanity, but why in the world would Mario do something so public with someone like this to the mother of his child. There have been stories for weeks about this woman basically tormenting Ramona. I can only imagine how upset Avery must be. Mario will no doubt end up regretting this at some point. Hard to believe Ramona is better than anyone else in the world, but it sounds like she is better than this gal. 

As nasty as Ramona is, I hope she does land on her feet.  He's a total piece of shit that she clearly loved.  I hope that she finds a nice guy who mellows her out.  I'm wondering if Mario's wandering eye started much, much earlier in their marriage and is part of her shitty behavior towards women.  

• Love 6

She sounds like bad news.  Mario is gonna regret this terribly one day and I hope Ramona sits back with her Pinot and just laughs and laughs and laughs.   :)

• Love 5