Type keyword(s) to search

Carlton Gebbia: She'll Put a Spell on You

• Start Topic

I think Carlton's real problem was that she came on way too strong out of the gate with regard to Kyle. She seemed to come on with an immediate grudge against Kyle, kind of like the same way Erika did with VanderPump. The difference is that Erika, for some reason, appealed more to BRAVO's demographic than Carlton did. Her other persona, standoffishness, and glam squad bought a few extra seasons. Carlton, whose weird house is just as terrible and offputting as Erika's, has a less accessible side persona (the whole witch but still kind of religious thing). 

Carlton was probably a nice person, but her over-the-top reactions to any and everything Kyle said or did just seemed fake. The audience isn't stupid. They may like certain people on the cast for their own personal reasons, but they can spot a phony immediately. I think that is why so many people initially, and immediately disliked Dorit. I also think that people like Rinna and Kyle know this (because they had the same initial reactions as Camille to Dorit), but they can't resist the idea that they just might "EXPOSE LISA VANDERPUMP"!
They seem to think that showing Lisa's "manipulations" will somehow convince everyone that Lisa is the thing that hurts the show. The thing that hurts the show is these women giving puppy dumper victim status.

• Love 10

I’m confused here, Kyle didn’t understand why Carlton was so offended when she (Kyle) asked her if the necklace Carlton was wearing had the Star of David pendant. The pendant was actually a Wiccan symbol. Kyle then accused Carlton of being antisemetic. Isn’t that the real reason they fell out? 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Winnie Bago said:

I’m confused here, Kyle didn’t understand why Carlton was so offended when she (Kyle) asked her if the necklace Carlton was wearing had the Star of David pendant. The pendant was actually a Wiccan symbol. Kyle then accused Carlton of being antisemetic. Isn’t that the real reason they fell out? 

Kyle made snide remarks about Carlton from the moment she found out she was a witch. From jokes about putting spells on people to her rude behavior openly mocking the (admittedly freaky) doll collection and decor of her house. She never once, actually none of them did, tried to understand her Wiccan beliefs. She was treated with as much respect as Rinna commenting on the "Lint ash" on the newscasters' foreheads. Kyle was awful to her. I think it was a pentagram (five pointed star) tattoo on the back of Carlton's neck that Kyle asked if it was the "Jewish Star"..smh

• Love 11
On 9/12/2021 at 1:59 AM, Surrealist said:

I'm currently in the midst of watching Season 4 (for the first time).

What is with Carlton's face? It's like spray tan gone wrong. It's uneven.

I’ve always believed it was a weird spray tan or self tanner that looked blotchy on camera. 

• Useful 4
On 4/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Kyle made snide remarks about Carlton from the moment she found out she was a witch. From jokes about putting spells on people to her rude behavior openly mocking the (admittedly freaky) doll collection and decor of her house. She never once, actually none of them did, tried to understand her Wiccan beliefs. She was treated with as much respect as Rinna commenting on the "Lint ash" on the newscasters' foreheads. Kyle was awful to her. I think it was a pentagram (five pointed star) tattoo on the back of Carlton's neck that Kyle asked if it was the "Jewish Star"..smh

Even though Carlton wasn't my favorite, I didn't care for the comments about her religion. And didn't Kyle have the nerve to say Carlton was the bigot? I don't remember Carlton saying anything anti-Semitic. 

I don't remember that season as well, but I thought Carlton came in hot when it came to Kyle. But if Kyle immediately hit her with prejudice, that's definitely a legitimate reason for Carlton to be on edge with her. I'd be open to her returning. I like uniqueness, and as an agnostic person, I like learning about everyone's beliefs. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Even though Carlton wasn't my favorite, I didn't care for the comments about her religion. And didn't Kyle have the nerve to say Carlton was the bigot? I don't remember Carlton saying anything anti-Semitic. 

I don't remember that season as well, but I thought Carlton came in hot when it came to Kyle. But if Kyle immediately hit her with prejudice, that's definitely a legitimate reason for Carlton to be on edge with her. I'd be open to her returning. I like uniqueness, and as an agnostic person, I like learning about everyone's beliefs. 

I think Kyle gives off an air that makes people uncomfortable, puts new people on edge. Like they have to impress her or something to be worthy of her time. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I’ve always believed it was a weird spray tan or self tanner that looked blotchy on camera. 

Later in the season, and at the reunion, Carlton's face looked better. 

I read that Andy admitted that she had been given an unfair edit. I wonder what that actually means. She didn't bother me as much because it felt as if she was hardly involved anyway. Even Joyce was around the others more.

I'm onto Season Five now. Pray for me. 😂

• LOL 7
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Eh, it's been a while since that season but I feel like Carlton came into the situation looking to be offended. I remember Kyle asking if she had a confessional in her house, and Carlton acting like it was somehow so beyond the pale for Kyle to ask the question. Not a fan. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Eh, it's been a while since that season but I feel like Carlton came into the situation looking to be offended. I remember Kyle asking if she had a confessional in her house, and Carlton acting like it was somehow so beyond the pale for Kyle to ask the question. Not a fan. 

Not to blame editing but in some of those moments like that it felt like we had missed prior bits of a build up

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Yichh. 

She was awful, awful. And that horrifying house ? Awful. 

Did you see Million Dollar Listing LA - last season I think - where Josh Altman got the listing for the damn creepy castle and had to come up with a midevil theme party to try to sell it ?

So now she and her husband are divorced. I am shocked, shocked I tell you. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

Yichh. 

She was awful, awful. And that horrifying house ? Awful. 

Did you see Million Dollar Listing LA - last season I think - where Josh Altman got the listing for the damn creepy castle and had to come up with a midevil theme party to try to sell it ?

So now she and her husband are divorced. I am shocked, shocked I tell you. 

I think what bothered me most about Carlton was the way she spoke to her daughters. She would yell at them for petty reasons.

13 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I think what bothered me most about Carlton was the way she spoke to her daughters. She would yell at them for petty reasons.

And didn't they have weird names ? Sorry don't mean to malign a child. Just the parents. 

Weren't they like London and Capri or something like that?

Or was that two-seasoner, Orange County blonde, Peggy ?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Eh, it's been a while since that season but I feel like Carlton came into the situation looking to be offended.

I recently rewatched and I agree.

34 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

And didn't they have weird names ? Sorry don't mean to malign a child. Just the parents. 

Weren't they like London and Capri or something like that?

Or was that two-seasoner, Orange County blonde, Peggy ?

Destiny, Mystery and Cross.

I found her highly annoying.

• Love 5
On 9/14/2021 at 10:08 PM, RealHousewife said:

I didn't think Kyle ever came at her with prejudice - ignorance, probably, but from what I remember Carlton was hoping to shock and Kyle's stupidity sort of tore the rug out from under her feet  😄.  I remember when she took them around her house and mentioned that the glass ball in her yard (which in the 80s we referred to as "tacky yard balls"*) was called a "witch's ball" and Kyle laughed, "Oh, are you a witch?"  and Carlton fixed her with her best Wednesday Addams glare and said she was, and Kyle was kind of left speechless.  I wouldn't call that prejudice; I think Kyle was just making a silly joke and had no idea on the planet that the woman would not only say she was a witch, but mean it.  Then when she took them inside where her house was literally decorated with old confessional booths from Catholic churches, and Kyle asked if she was Catholic, she acted like Kyle had accused her of child sacrifice.  Then she visited Kyle's house for a lunch party, told a seemingly endless story about how a bird in her yard was killed by a cat or something, which grieved her to her core, but Kyle had to leave to check on the food, and that was it for Kyle.  At some point Kyle did give her a necklace with some religious symbol which Kyle meant for nice, and I don't remember now the exact story, but it was done with good intentions and Carlton sneered at it and remained unplacated.  

*In 1985 I went away to college in Ohio, and a girl I met was telling some story and she said, "You know those tacky balls people have in their yard?"  I did not, and she kept insisting, "They're blue or silver, and shiny like a mirror, and people decorate their yards with them."  I had never seen one, but finally once we were driving and she pointed one out - by that time it was much a smaller and less offensive ball than my imagination had constructed! 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1