Type keyword(s) to search

Joyce Giraud de Ohoven: Don't Call Her Jacqueline

• Start Topic

Even after a full season, I am left mystified why Joyce jumped into this thing. Her husband is an actual Hollywood player, she's in a show on network tv and she doesn't need this kind of publicity to promote herself -- wealth, access and contacts are already in her hands, she's no Mildred Pierce frying up chicken to get ahead -- so why associate with this low-rent, gutter-sniping "bitch down in aisle five" show? I don't get it.

• Love 6

I totally agree, I mean as vapid as it sounds for her to be all "I have a show" in response to questions of why she has a publicist, I mean she literally DID have a show on TV... I do not understand her joining at all unless it was just to make Kyle's hair look not as excellent. 

I do not understand her joining at all unless it was just to make Kyle's hair look not as excellent.

Ha! I'm not usually a fan of Kyle or Joyce's hair (to my eye, when it comes to their styling it feels like The Ring vs. the Thing) but you have a point about Joyce being a stealth hair-player; how did she make her bitch-fight debut? By touching Lisa's locks -- which erupted into the all-too-tiresome Hairgate --coincidence? I think not!

Edited by Lisin
fixed quote box

I like Joyce and hate Brandi, but Brandi's mean comment in the reunion about Joyce looking like an ice skater was accurate. Mean, but spot-on. Poor Joyce, her pageant girl past is showing.

• Love 1

I thought Joyce's dress had been chosen for her?  There was a rumor or something, or possibly it's cold meds...

I'm not a Joyce fan but in both the reunion episodes she's held her own against Brandi the whole time, I thought. 

I'm also pissed he never really addressed the gross racism going on.

Yes, apparently the dresses were chosen for them. But, if I remember, wasn't it mentioned on the other board that the dress Joyce wore was from the designer she prefers? I am wondering if maybe she was allowed to take several dresses and production chose one of the dresses.

Yes, Joyce had stated on twitter that she was going to wear another dress but production picked that dress for her.

I love Joyce.  She seems honest and genuinely sweet.  I hope she comes back next season but the ending to her blog (something about the journey coming to an end and thanking the fans) sounds like she knows she's out.   Maybe that's best for and her family...you know what they say about lying with dogs....    I feel like she would be better off without the negativity and hostility from the other women on the show.

Edited by RedBaron
  • Love 4

Yes, Joyce had stated on twitter that she was going to wear another dress but production picked that dress for her.

Man, that stinks. The producers probably fed Brandi the "Sochi's calling" line, too.

In the beginning of the reunion show, they aired a clip of a woman at a sewing machine hemming the gold dress. I think it's silly the producers are trying to control the style of the housewives at the reunion show.

• Love 1

Oh I hope Joyce doesn't leave the show. I actually liked her a lot but I could see how she would have had enough of this. It probably wasn't what she thought it would be. She seems like a nice lady and level-headed. If Carlton leaves next season, I wouldn't miss her, but I'd definitely miss Joyce. 

• Love 1

I totally agree, I mean as vapid as it sounds for her to be all "I have a show" in response to questions of why she has a publicist, I mean she literally DID have a show on TV... I do not understand her joining at all unless it was just to make Kyle's hair look not as excellent. 

IMO, Joyce believed she could just come in and straighten the others out....guide them along the way to socially acceptable behavior.  I don't think she had/has any idea what she's dealing with.

Man, that stinks. The producers probably fed Brandi the "Sochi's calling" line, too.

With these women I don't think there really is a need to feed lines to anybody....they're a NATURALY antagonistic bunch, IMO

(edited)

I don't get the point of wearing your hair that long.  If you wanted to wear it up on the top of your head, you could easily do that with hair half that long.  Between Kyle's hair and Joyce's hair, you could braid a kitchen rug.

Edited by Lura

I love Joyce and her long, illustrious locks. She has said in interviews that her life was great before the show and she wouldn't lose sleep over being fired. She is a breath of fresh air and sp authentic. It'd be a mistake to let her go. She may not be a heavy hitter with drama like Kyle or Brandi but she's great as a supporting player and I'd love if they bring on Joanna Krupa from the Miami Housewives as they're friends and she'd be a great adversary for trashy Brandi.

• Love 1

I love Joyce and her long, illustrious locks. She has said in interviews that her life was great before the show and she wouldn't lose sleep over being fired. She is a breath of fresh air and sp authentic. It'd be a mistake to let her go. She may not be a heavy hitter with drama like Kyle or Brandi but she's great as a supporting player and I'd love if they bring on Joanna Krupa from the Miami Housewives as they're friends and she'd be a great adversary for trashy Brandi.

I agree!  I liked Joyce right from the start.  She's articulate and poised, and she fights back without getting down and dirty, and without screeching and cursing up a storm.  I also love her marriage.  She's a strong woman who seems like true Beverly Hills, and hers is the kind of life I'd be interested in seeing.  And yes, she's a great adversary for Brandi!  I really wish Brandi would dry up and blow away because I am beyond sick of her.  But if she has to come back, I would love to see Joyce continue to stop her in her tracks and call her out on her nonsense.  I am definitely a Joyce fan - until I have a reason not to be!

• Love 2

Well, guess that is it.  Joyce and Carlton are done.  I like Joyce so I will be sad to see her go.  Carlton was boring so I don't care.  I really think that they should've fired Brandi and Kim though.  They are no Beverly Hills worthy. 

• Love 1

I too am sad that Joyce isn't coming back. I really liked her too.

She seemed like a down to earth person and would be fun to hang out with.

Carlton was just too much IMHO. Not sad to see her go at all

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not sure what the producers are thinking or more importantly who they want to hire. Some drama queen trashbox like Brandi? Ugh.

Joyce was dealing with a major life changing event, her Father dying and missed some key shooting events. I don't think she was given a fair shot. She's actually a wealthy housewife who's husband has legit success in the film industry.

I hope that they reconsider and bring her back. Are the execs at Bravo that oblivious to ratings and fan reaction?

Edited by charming
  • Love 3

I'm not sure I will miss her except as an ally of Lisa. I was never really sold on her. Plastic, fake sweetness, her hubby's peepee. Will not miss those.

She came across to me, sometimes like she was being puppeted by a 12 year old. With a 12 year old's idea of what a perfect woman, wife and mother would be.

• Love 1

Those two lovebirds are still at it:

ohoven
2 weeks ago
Madly, madly, madly in love with my wife @joyce_giraud Even more every single day. #nofilter #noretouch #justmycamera #ILoveMyLife

http://instagram.com/p/xIr0_LwwBl/  (Make sure you see the picture.)

After I got over my giggle fit from  #nofilter #noretouch #just my camera...what do I see?  # I Love My Life

Had Joyce and Michael been at Yolanda's sing along that night, I assure you that 'finger banging' would not have been included in the lyrics to "I Love My LIfe".  Sigh.  As much as I enjoyed occasionally dogging Joyce last season, she probably was harmless.

I'm getting soft.

• Love 1

Those two lovebirds are still at it:

http://instagram.com/p/xIr0_LwwBl/ (Make sure you see the picture.)

After I got over my giggle fit from #nofilter #noretouch #just my camera...what do I see? # I Love My Life

Had Joyce and Michael been at Yolanda's sing along that night, I assure you that 'finger banging' would not have been included in the lyrics to "I Love My LIfe". Sigh. As much as I enjoyed occasionally dogging Joyce last season, she probably was harmless.

I'm getting soft.

Yeah Joyce...I'll just say she got much worse than she deserves. I got annoyed with her whole Just Joyce *jazz hands* personality too, but she seemed like a decent and intelligent person at heart and she was thrown to the wolves for no good reason. Her whole story line was weird to me.
  • Love 2

We didn't get to know her first before she was thrown to the wolves. I think the show should have done with her what they did with Eileen

Have her not interact with the other women at first..she was on a show, she had a pageant, etc. She actually was doing things that could have.been featured.

I think.Andy Cohen didn't like her because she was too smart and was breaking the 4th wall. He doesn't know how to.handle a woman that is smarter then him..imho

• Love 6

Just Joyce Jazz Hands - ha! The hair fluffing, pageant clothes and constant preening got to me. And then at Little Kim's grad party, when she topped off her tossing mane with the flower bouquet, she reminded me of a parade pony. But she seemed harmless and nice enough. Unless she was at a shooting range, and then in her words, "Poom. Poom." Deadly.  LOL

That said, her attire at Little Kim's party was ten times more appropriate than Carlton's who showed up looking like, well, Lil Kim fresh off a stripper pole. Oh, wait.....

• Love 3

Joyce didn't seem to need this show like the others. I think that's why Andy didn't like her.

I envision him building up the firing phone call in his head as a 30's melodrama ending with him making Joyce weep and beg but the reality was more like Joyce saying "Ok". That's what led to him saying Joyce came the closest to being tossed off a reunion due to how she was with Yo. Sorry Andy not gonna buy that particular bridge. I don't know what I find harder to believe, Joyce being the most inappropriate HoWife ever or Andy giving a crap how Yo was treated.

• Love 5

Joyce didn't seem to need this show like the others. I think that's why Andy didn't like her.

I envision him building up the firing phone call in his head as a 30's melodrama ending with him making Joyce weep and beg but the reality was more like Joyce saying "Ok". That's what led to him saying Joyce came the closest to being tossed off a reunion due to how she was with Yo. Sorry Andy not gonna buy that particular bridge. I don't know what I find harder to believe, Joyce being the most inappropriate HoWife ever or Andy giving a crap how Yo was treated.

Joyce said at the Reunion she wasn't sure about wanting to come back and I think Andy took offense.  Plus she was filming her Spanish language show, which just got renewed recently for a second season.  Ignoramuses like Yolanda and Brandi may not think her Spanish language show is a big deal but Andy is smart enough to know that Spanish language networks have far more viewers than Bravo.  I noticed Joyce just shot a pilot for an upcoming 2015 show.  There may come a day when producer Andy wants a favor from Joyce's husband.

A picture from last night:  http://instagram.com/p/xqnS98QwEX/  I wonder if anyone stopped to take a count of Brandi supporters at this dinner?  What a difference a year makes.

• Love 5

Had Joyce and Michael been at Yolanda's sing along that night, I assure you that 'finger banging' would not have been included in the lyrics to "I Love My LIfe". 

The world weeps for the lost opportunity of a song about Joyce's husband's big peepee and her tight vagina.  She over shared - a lot. 

I did like Joyce, but I'm sure it was primarily due to the way she handled being bullied.  I usually root for the under dog.  Her pageant personality grated and the constant hair touching a la Kardashian was very irritating.  I liked her husband.

• Love 7

The world weeps for the lost opportunity of a song about Joyce's husband's big peepee and her tight vagina.  She over shared - a lot. 

I did like Joyce, but I'm sure it was primarily due to the way she handled being bullied.  I usually root for the under dog.  Her pageant personality grated and the constant hair touching a la Kardashian was very irritating.  I liked her husband.

As hard as Joyce seems to be trying to get back on RHOBH-I do think she comes up short because she really doesn't have much of a storyline or the right temperament for these ladies.  I will say much like Adrienne, her husband carried the show for her.  I find both Michael and Paul entertaining.

• Love 6

Your post is spot on.

• Love 1

I didn't care for Joyce, although like you I appreciated how she wouldn't back down from being picked on. And she also brought some sadly much-needed diversity to the BH cast. As a sidenote, I find it very telling about Andy Cohen that the only black HWs are on Atlanta and that the bulk of the latina HWs were corralled into Miami. C'mon, you can't possibly find one HW of color in NYC? Or more in Los Angeles? Hell, even Orange County is more than just orange blondes.

• Love 6

I liked Joyce. I thought she got a bum deal being tied to Carlton. Together they were the "new girls," as in the new girls who didn't work out. On her own, she was exactly what this show is supposed to be about - a wealthy lady from Beverly Hills, vivacious or at least outgoing, married to a successful H'Wood producer who seemed very willing to film, someone who wasn't afraid to mix it up or engage in the drama....what was the problem? Plus, as another poster said, she brought diversity to a cast that badly needs it. It bothers me that the producers are so charmed by disgusting Brandi that they allow her to steamroll someone like Joyce off the show.

I hope they bring her back in place of Kim and Brandi next season.

• Love 8

Honestly, I don't think Andy or anyone at Bravo is charmed by Brandi so much as they find her occasionally amusing and always willing to do their drama bidding. She'll basically serve as their shit-stirring puppet without hesitation, so in that way she is like Tamra Barney and is a theoretically "good" employee.

Whereas I think Joyce (this has been speculated before) is probably too independent for this kind of show. She broke the fourth wall a couple of times, and my guess is she probably wouldn't play ball, so it didn't endear her to the producers/Andy. That's one way to piss them off and ensure you won't be asked back.

• Love 5

Honestly, I don't think Andy or anyone at Bravo is charmed by Brandi so much as they find her occasionally amusing and always willing to do their drama bidding. She'll basically serve as their shit-stirring puppet without hesitation, so in that way she is like Tamra Barney and is a theoretically "good" employee.

Whereas I think Joyce (this has been speculated before) is probably too independent for this kind of show. She broke the fourth wall a couple of times, and my guess is she probably wouldn't play ball, so it didn't endear her to the producers/Andy. That's one way to piss them off and ensure you won't be asked back.

Co-sign. Although there are housewives that I think Andy does like on a personal level (Bethany and Carol NYC, Cat DC) for the most part I hink a lot of what is seen as Andy liking someone is production feeling like they are easy to work with and deliver good drama. Tamara OC and Brandi BH both have no "dignity" line they won't cross. Joyce I could see refusing to do things she didn't want to, demanding a filming schedule that worked for her family, breaking the 4th wall. She probably just required too much work.

• Love 2

Since Joyce was mentioned in another thread, thought I'd bring this up and say that I wish she was still on the show. Loved seeing her with her family at their island home, and really enjoyed her sense of style and decency. Best to Joyce, wherever she is!

• Love 3

I  thought Joyce was boring as hell, and she kind of lost me when she wore that bikini that would dissolve in water to the "pool party."  Pageant girl to the end.  She wasn't treated well, but I didn't like the way she treated Carlton either, so it balanced out.

I did love seeing Puerto Rico until the fight though, once again, her outfit planned out perfectly, the same color as the sea for that shot.  I appreciated that though, she looked lovely.  Talking about her husband's big dick was kind of a turn off as well. 

It's hard to say if she would have improved if she stayed around, but I tend to think she might have.  She was very apologetic to Lisa after she realized what was really happening (after the show aired) either on WWHL, a blog, an interview, or possibly on the reunion.  I did like that she was horrified once she realized the gang up situation, and said she would have stopped it if she'd figured it out sooner...something like that.

• Love 1

I  thought Joyce was boring as hell, and she kind of lost me when she wore that bikini that would dissolve in water to the "pool party."  Pageant girl to the end.  She wasn't treated well, but I didn't like the way she treated Carlton either, so it balanced out.

I did love seeing Puerto Rico until the fight though, once again, her outfit planned out perfectly, the same color as the sea for that shot.  I appreciated that though, she looked lovely.  Talking about her husband's big dick was kind of a turn off as well. 

It's hard to say if she would have improved if she stayed around, but I tend to think she might have.  She was very apologetic to Lisa after she realized what was really happening (after the show aired) either on WWHL, a blog, an interview, or possibly on the reunion.  I did like that she was horrified once she realized the gang up situation, and said she would have stopped it if she'd figured it out sooner...something like that.

At first I thought, "Ugh, pageants!" But Joyce seems to have a very good heart and great enthusiasm for life. Also thought her husband was charming and I would've liked seeing more about how their birth cultures meshed.
  • Love 4

I wish they would bring her back even if she flipped her hair every 20 seconds the entire season. Just pay her for a season her to be there and needle Yoyo and come after her with fact after fact and challenge after challenge every time that Dutch ding a ling opens her yap.

• Love 10

Oh, if ever they brought Joyce back I'd hope it be just so she could flip her hair every 20 seconds. Her "I don't care!" hairflip/impersonation was one of her biggest contributions to the show. I'd just want her to refrain from speaking about her husband's "peepee."

• Love 5

Oh, if ever they brought Joyce back I'd hope it be just so she could flip her hair every 20 seconds. Her "I don't care!" hairflip/impersonation was one of her biggest contributions to the show. I'd just want her to refrain from speaking about her husband's "peepee."

I'd rather hear about Joyce's husband's "peepee" all season long than one more second of Yo's Munchausen's illnesses and her journey to nowhere.

• Love 5

Joyce will always be a favorite of mine due to an interview she did while her season was airing. She broke the fourth wall and called out Yo and Brandi for trying to manipulate her against LVP.

The original interview seems to no longer exist but here is a summary. It shows how premeditated the eventual attempt at a take down was and why yo was so nasty to her at the reunion.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/13/joyce-giraud-spills-behind-the-scenes-details-about-brandi-glanvilles-manipulative-behavior/

• Love 5

Never understood why her and the real estate agent were let go.

One brought a glimpse into the world of pageantry and the other one had a very compelling association with the real old Hollywood.

And in addition, Joyce brought PR flavor to the show, not everyone is white in BH or even watching the show, big miss IMO,

Instead, we are stuck with yoyo and Kyle who at this point has nothing going on that is new or exciting to me.

• Love 4

Never understood why her and the real estate agent were let go.

One brought a glimpse into the world of pageantry and the other one had a very compelling association with the real old Hollywood.

And in addition, Joyce brought PR flavor to the show, not everyone is white in BH or even watching the show, big miss IMO,

Instead, we are stuck with yoyo and Kyle who at this point has nothing going on that is new or exciting to me.

I think Kyle and LVP bring the most to the show but I agree that it's puzzling why Joyce wasn't given more of a chance. I blame Andy and to a lesser extent Brandi. Andy seemed like he just did not like Joyce for whatever reason. He didn't even like it when she mentioned that her tagline wasn't her favorite but was something she had no control over. He seemed like he didn't care about her perspective during the reunion at all. Oh, and he seemed like he thought Brandi's "Sochi's calling" line was hysterical. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 6

I think Kyle and LVP bring the most to the show but I agree that it's puzzling why Joyce wasn't given more of a chance. I blame Andy and to a lesser extent Brandi. Andy seemed like he just did not like Joyce for whatever reason. He didn't even like it when she mentioned that her tagline wasn't her favorite but was something she had no control over. He seemed like he didn't care about her perspective during the reunion at all. Oh, and he seemed like he thought Brandi's "Sochi's calling" line was hysterical.

Andy is just a stupid asshole.

The thing about Kyle is that it is like watching me and my friends to a certain extend.

I love those trashy shows because I somehow am moved to an unknown world.

Pageantry is really different and I also liked that Joyce was involved on the business side as well.

Even if it is a "vanity" project for her, it had real potential, imo.

And her hair was spectacular, lol.

• Love 5

Thinking about the way Brandi treated Joyce makes me angry all over again because as awful as Brandi has been to other cast members, her treatment of Joyce was beyond the pale because she was nasty from day one. It was like hazing a girl that you knew damned well you weren't going to let into the sorority. Joyce took a long time before she finally blew her stack. It's too bad Lisa hadn't been so stupid that season. If Lisa had embraced Joyce over Brandi, we might have been able to get rid of Brandi sooner. Kyle was really the only one who went out of her way to be friendly to the new girl and it was partly because she was being ganged up and didn't have anybody else. (Kim is helpful to no one but Kim.) I still remember Kyle being the only one to say anything appropriate after Brandi started insulting Joyce's name. Ugh, crazy that Brandi got away with being so hateful and was actually rewarded for it. She got to keep her spot and Joyce got dropped. Talk about injustice and being doused with a feeling of nice guys finish last. 

• Love 11

Thinking about the way Brandi treated Joyce makes me angry all over again because as awful as Brandi has been to other cast members, her treatment of Joyce was beyond the pale because she was nasty from day one. It was like hazing a girl that you knew damned well you weren't going to let into the sorority. Joyce took a long time before she finally blew her stack. It's too bad Lisa hadn't been so stupid that season. If Lisa had embraced Joyce over Brandi, we might have been able to get rid of Brandi sooner. Kyle was really the only one who went out of her way to be friendly to the new girl and it was partly because she was being ganged up and didn't have anybody else. (Kim is helpful to no one but Kim.) I still remember Kyle being the only one to say anything appropriate after Brandi started insulting Joyce's name. Ugh, crazy that Brandi got away with being so hateful and was actually rewarded for it. She got to keep her spot and Joyce got dropped. Talk about injustice and being doused with a feeling of nice guys finish last. 

I get angry just thinking about it...the injustice of it all. I really liked Joyce. I watched Siberia (still pissed that they seemed to end it an episode early; got canceled) and thought she was great in it and was excited to find out she was going to be a HW. Then I saw her as a HW and she was a sweetie. I loved how she and Kyle would speak in Spanish. I was flabbergasted at the bullying directed at Joyce and found it highly disturbing. Most of the HWs were hideous towards her and I couldn't figure out why they seemed to hate her (I disliked the other one--the ugly witch HW). Yolanda and Brandi came across as racists IMO and I wanted Joyce to grab Yo by the shoulders and make her not put her back toward her at the reunion. I wasn't on message boards when she was on but I was surprised when I found out she wouldn't be back.  Maybe I was first on the boards around that time since I learned of the tampon string incident on a message board and remember Joyce saying something about it (I think she did) and thinking YAY! 

• Love 6