Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Why do I think once this season ends and divorce is over, she'll have a miraculous recovery.  And she'll tout some alternative cure.  She'll be fully made up, dressed to the nines again, possibly on her own reality show with her children (I think she wants Kardashian fame) and she'll be looking for her next wealthy man.

Yes.  We will meet here same time next year and talk about this very thing. 

• Love 8

Speaking of "no makeup," Tamara Tattles seems to believe that the dark under-eyes in the selfie that Yo posted and Rinna was accused of parodying are courtesy of brown eye shadow. I don't have any experience with eye cosmetics but what do you guys think? And I know that I regularly refer to the assault allegation - and that's because, for me, I've never seen anything like it on this franchise. Sure, all of these women embellish, 'misremember,' hedge, equivocate, etc. But I can't recall any other Housewives so confidently and baldly disregarding a documented, demonstrable reality that illustrated their mendacity. Add in the fact that this occurred over a pretty serious allegation (certainly not the most harmful assertion that has ever been made, but accusing a man of physical violence is still one of the worst lies one can make about a public figure, imo) and I have to conclude that Yolanda is, in fact, either mentally ill or has literal sociopathic propensities. It's quite fascinating, actually, in context with assertions like Anwar was "allergic to potassium." Is he also allergic to oxygen? Blithe doesn't even begin to describe these bizarre statements. And as for the question of child abuse, feeding your daughter 20 supplements a day qualifies, in my opinion; there's no way the liver and kidneys can process that amount of medication long term. So does administering non-FDA-approved low dose immunotherapy. The potential corrosiveness of these regimens that she supposedly had Bella and Anwar on is frightening.

• Love 8

why wouldn't she say that? i'm sure it's frustrating to have people, who are not feeling what she's feeling, deny she's sick.

But, the cast is not doubting her. Not really.

Yolanda, herself, prompts this idea of doubt, discusses it with her real friends, and, then proceeds to wail and lament that her faux friends are utilizing a cudgel dipped in doubt to batter her. This is a deliberate focused lie. Yolanda will prolong The Lie throughout the episodes and, upon the REunion, lie some more about her poor self being ridiculed and crucified(by the cast) for Trying To Teach Da People About Da Lyme.

*(However, her castmates are not doing anything to her. She will barely film much less have discourse with them. She is performing that trick wherein if one says a lie (my 'friends' are unsupportive) often and strongly enough, many will believe the lie to be truth.)*

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 16

Why do I think once this season ends and divorce is over, she'll have a miraculous recovery.  And she'll tout some alternative cure.  She'll be fully made up, dressed to the nines again, possibly on her own reality show with her children (I think she wants Kardashian fame) and she'll be looking for her next wealthy man.

I think a show of her own has been her goal since the get go. I don't see Yo as a ensemble cast kind of girl. She likes being the center of attention. I feel part of the reason she chose Brandi and Kim as allies is because it still lets her remain top dog in her group. She see herself above them so to speak. She is threatened by the likes of LVP, hence the history we have between them. She is also savvy enough to know there is money to be made with her kids.

I do believe she was ill but has complicated her recovery with some of her treatments and the supplement mania. I cannot tell you how detrimental unregulated supplements can be to people. As a nurse, when we admit patients to the hospital, supplements are included in our med reconciliation. There can be so many problems with interactions with supplements and prescription drugs too. Serious stuff.

Believe me, I have understanding of what it is like to live with an autoimmune disease. Heck, I spent a year on oral antibiotics and steroids, trying to get myself in remission not to mention other icky meds. My head looked like a bowling bowl with the steroids and I felt like I was climbing out of my own skin. It sucked but I have had to readjust my life to some truths. One of them being, I will never feel as I once used to. But you move on and life is good. Let's face it, nobody gets out of this world without some heartache. I think Yo is having a hard time adjusting to this fact.

Yo just looses me with her behavior towards others. I honestly don't think I have ever heard her give someone a genuine compliment. When she does dole out a compliment, she is still at the center of it. It is tough to be around people like that. They just suck the lifeblood out of you.

• Love 15

yo's 'problem' is that she believes that she is smarter than the people around her.

She 'invites' people to join in her journey from illness to wellness, then questions their loyalty when her story starts to fall apart?

Some of your posts reflect your professional and personal connections with the world of medicine - When you work or have had to deal with some medical issues, you can pretty much figure out a BS story when you hear one.

Only SHE knows what she is going thru, but her stories go from one extreme to another. In the grand scheme of themes?

Reality wins.

-----

One thing that I predict is that she CANNOT jump up and say that she has been 'cured' of anything.

Having her implants taken out should make her feel better (They were most likely the cause of her ills), but she can't seem to be miraculously cured of Lyme's because she will have to

A) give up her place as the suffering face of Lyme's

B) figure out the next lie to explain her sudden cure

IF she does claim to be cured, she loses her spot as the spokesperson and all the cachet and perks that go along with it and then how does she explain or credit any of her zany cures to the people who are looking for a cure and hold her in such high esteem for her work with the group?

She has painted herself into a corner when it comes to her 'storyline'.

------------

When I hear that she was driving again, I had to laugh,

You only need to have about 30% of your mental acuity to be able to drive in El Lay!!!

• Love 8

What I really don't understand is why did she immediately turn to these alternatives cures? With her money and connections she can afford the best/ cutting edge treatment that western medicine can provide. I can understand if you have exhausted all your options and you turn to alternative medicine, because what do you have to loose. But why wasn't she at the NIH, The Mayo Clinic , Cleveland Clinic right from the jump? Maybe I'm just biased because I worked in medical social work for 25 years and my husband is a physician. I know when I had cancer my first thought was get the best treatment at the best facility and get it fast. I never wonder "hey I wonder what kind of treatment they are doing in Tijuana?" Not that it matters but my husband, who is in a speciality other than infectious disease, thinks she's full of caca.

I think it's because she really believes she knows more than doctors.  She said early on that she had rejected what they had to say, and moved on to doing things her way, i.e. flying all over the world, seeking alternative treatments, and hopping from "cure" to "cure" without giving anything a chance to actually help her.   I guess  doctors didn't tell her what she wanted to hear or didn't cure her fast enough.  In any case, she ditched them and decided to treat herself.  In the most haphazard and ridiculous way imaginable.  And that's how she is in other aspects of her life too - If she doesn't like what someone says, they are wrong.  Period.  Disagreeing with Yolanda means that you are wrong because she is always, always, always right.

I worked in the medical field for a long time, and although I do not think that doctors are gods or perfect or infallible, I have a great deal of respect for the medical profession and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who have treated me.  It's laughable that Yolanda has been so dismissive of medically-trained men and women because she thinks she knows better.  If she doesn't like what anyone has to say, she rejects it.  We've seen that over and over.  So here's that damn superiority thing again.  No matter the subject, no one knows more than Yolanda.  

Yo just looses me with her behavior towards others. I honestly don't think I have ever heard her give someone a genuine compliment. When she does dole out a compliment, she is still at the center of it. It is tough to be around people like that. They just suck the lifeblood out of you.

I haven't either.   In addition to being a liar, manipulator, and all of those other things, she's also not a very nice person.  She's told us many times how loving and giving she is, but I haven't seen a whole lot of that.  Her universe revolves around her, and she expects everyone else's universe to do the same.  I have never once seen the tiniest bit of compassion for anyone else.  For someone who is so obsessed with "real friendships" and "Hollywood friendships" (based entirely on how much the other person does for her), she apparently has no idea how to be a friend at all.

I agree.  She must be exhausting to be around.

• Love 9

zoesmom made the most profound and educated analysis of Yo's condition.  We would all be served if we would settle down and absorb her wisdom.  There is no need to belabor Yo's condition or beat the dead horse.   It is clear, she has a screw loose.  Thank you for this well researched diagnosis.  Love you! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Now she wants to write a book:

https://twitter.com/YolandaHFoster/status/691438356991836160

I wonder if it will be called "Bedridden and Tweeting".

I don't follow her on Twitter, but I just read some of the comments.  How are people seeing her as "so inspirational" when all she does is complain?

She hasn't provided any valuable information, she hasn't educated anyone about anything.  All she's done is tell us how terrible life has been for her, while providing lists of all the things she's been unable to do.  And completely misrepresenting that!    In what way is she inspirational?

• Love 9

No pictures of her feet.  Thank you Jesus.

Of course she writing a book.  The fictional account of her journey of Lyme Disease and the other 100 diseases and challenges that have affected her life...otherwise known as the self canonization of Yolanda 'Hadid' Foster.

• Love 8

I don't follow her on Twitter, but I just read some of the comments.  How are people seeing her as "so inspirational" when all she does is complain?

She hasn't provided any valuable information, she hasn't educated anyone about anything.  All she's done is tell us how terrible life has been for her, while providing lists of all the things she's been unable to do.  And completely misrepresenting that!    In what way is she inspirational?

She inspires herself.  That is all that matters.

• Love 1

IIRC medical issues from silicone breast leakage is also controversial (not really controversial since medical evidence is clear but controversial due to public opinion not based on medical facts to my knowledge). So was that her problem or was it Lyme. Based on medical research, there has been no link shown between silicone implants and autoimmune disease* so I can't see her arguing that it compromised her immune system which prohibited her from fighting off lyme disease. Actually I can see her saying that since she knows more than doctors and the medical evidence gathered by research (she likely relies on antidotal evidence [and bogus claims from snake oil salesmen] rather than stronger research).

*I used uptodate which is a website that I can access (for free) through my academic affiliations. It keeps up with all the relevant research as it is published and so you can look up Lyme disease or silicone breast implants. For diseases you can read about pathogenesis, risk factors, symptoms, signs, differential diagnoses, testing, treatment, prognosis and so much more. 

Here is some of what it had (what I found relevant from UpToDate) about silicone breast implants:

"Silicone and breast reconstruction — In some patients, silicone gel implants allow for more natural contour and texture in the reconstructed breast than do saline-filled implants. Adverse publicity about a possible link between silicone implants and autoimmune diseases (despite the lack of substantive evidence) led to a moratorium on their use in 1992. Epidemiologic studies and a meta-analysis failed to support a causative relationship [23-28], leading the American College of Rheumatology to conclude in 1995 that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatologic disease.

After extensive review of the data and a report from the Institute of Medicine, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also concluded that there was no convincing evidence linking silicone implants with connective tissue disease. Restrictions on their use were lifted in 2006 [29]. The FDA recommends that all women with silicone implants undergo regular MRI screening throughout their lifetimes to assess for leakage (silent rupture), starting three years after the first implant surgery and every two years thereafter [30]. However, there is little evidence to support a recommendation for regular MRI screening, which is expensive and may lead to anxiety and false positive results, resulting in unnecessary surgery. Therefore, most experts agree that breast MRI should be used as a confirmatory diagnostic test and not be used to screen asymptomatic women for implant rupture [31,32]. (See "MRI of the breast and emerging technologies", section on 'Assessment of breast implants'.)

Three primary implant manufactures of silicone gel breast implants in the USA have demonstrated the relative safety of the shaped silicone gel implants at a minimum follow-up of five years based upon incidence of rupture (2 to 7.5 percent) and capsular contracture (10 to 11 percent) [33-35]. ..."

• Love 3

MoFoYoFo's book is going to be the definition of Lyme's cut and pasted from a Taber's (medical encyclopedia) with photos of needle sticks, Intravenous drips, voodoo dolls, colonics, most popular cleanse recipes, tours of foreign facilities, almond recipes, Some How To Hints -such as Band-Aid application, Selfie Taking in Bed, Getting Brain Function Averages with a calculator, How NOT to apply makeup, How to explain Lyme's to the Layperson, Medical Terminology, Organizing your pill closet, pill swallowing and Growing your own lemons/shopping for lemons.

• Love 5

A little more on breast implants?

What people don't realize is that an both styles of implants have silicone in their construction. A SBI is a silicone sac filled with either gel or saline, so no matter what, you have silicone introduced into the body. Surgeons also asked woman to massage their implants to keep them pliable - otherwise the silicone had the potential to harden.

IF a saline SBI ruptures it's just saline that leak into the body. Silicone oozes - and depending on where the implant sits - above or below the muscle will dictate how much surgery a woman will have to undergo.

• Love 1

People online post reams of snark about people they don't even know - why shouldn't someone publish a book about their own experiences?

I agree. Why wouldn't she publish a book?

Plus depending on the co-writer it could be a decent read.

• Love 4

I agree. Why wouldn't she publish a book?

Plus depending on the co-writer it could be a decent read.

I think the guffaws are because she's spent the past two years now convincing us all she has almost zero brain function.  You know, she can't read, she can't write.  Bedridden.  Now she's goign to write a book?  Yes, I know -- she'll have the ghostwriter who will just  use recordings to write the book for her.  Still...it's amusing.

• Love 8

Possible titles?

When Life Gives You Lyme's, Make a Lemon Cleanse

The Key Lyme's Diet

The Daily (G)Rind, My Life with Lyme's

Would I "Lyme's" To You?

"Peeling" the Fallacy from Lyme's

Separating the Truth from the Lyme's

• Love 10

An excerpt from the forthcoming autobiography from Yolanda Foster.

I wa   nly  t  0% of m m ntal cap ity. I w s forg tfu  an  co ld not reme be mos  th ngs. I sp  t m st  of my d ys lo k ng up at th  ce lin of my be ro m. Lym 's ha t rned m  int  a sh ll of a p rs n.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 10

Yolanda is also working on an album! Yep, it was her last project with My Love.

She worked on an adaptation of Adele's "Hello." I got a snippet of the first stanza.

Hello, my loves, it's me

I was wondering if after all these months you'd like to meet

For a coffee by my bedside

They say that Lyme's supposed to heal, yah

But I ain't done much healing

HELLO ALL MY HOLLYWOOD FRIENDS

I suppose I will see you again

To tell you all the wrong things you've done

But I tell you it doesn't tear you apart

Anymore

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 12

Another possible title, "Don't let Lyme's sour YOUR Outlook"

The book will have an accompanying CD where Yo will sing the some standards?

An example:

(Sung to the tune of "Signs")

Lyme's, Lyme's everywhere the Lyme's.

Clogging up my memory, degrading my mind

Cleanse this, don't cleanse that

Is that a lemon rind?

• Love 13

What about "I Saw the Lyme and It Opened Up My Eyes, I Saw the Lyme (Life Is Demanding Without Understanding)"? Or let's just keep it simple with the exclamation that started this all: "You're a Real Asshole!" There also has to be a way to work in Beyonce, courtesy of "I've never seen . . . Beyonce . . . Act Like That."

• Love 6

But her so called friends and co-workers questioning her suffering is beyond unbecoming. Imo.  It's cruel.  

Must be their soul sucking brains.

None of her friends or coworkers has questioned her suffering though. They questioned her diagnosis. They questioned her course of treatment as she seemed to be getting worse and not better. But no one has questioned her suffering or whether she is sick. That is a plot point that Yolanda is pushing, and BRAVO is really stretching to make, but it simply has not happened. 

Even drunk ass Taylor hasn't questioned Yolanda's illness. She only questioned the ridiculousness of posting selfies of herself with an IV in her arm. 

• Love 17

None of her friends or coworkers has questioned her suffering though. They questioned her diagnosis. They questioned her course of treatment as she seemed to be getting worse and not better. But no one has questioned her suffering or whether she is sick. That is a plot point that Yolanda is pushing, and BRAVO is really stretching to make, but it simply has not happened. 

Even drunk ass Taylor hasn't questioned Yolanda's illness. She only questioned the ridiculousness of posting selfies of herself with an IV in her arm.

You do understand she has no brain function and is unable to read the written word don't you? /sarcasm/

• Love 7

Songs? Here's Yo's version of that famous ditty: 

My Darling Lemontine

On a hillside, 'mongst the lemons,  'neath the sunny So Cal sky,

Lived the tick that

Made me sick, and

Gave me Lyme – my battle cry!

Pulled my fillings, lost my funbags,

Endless cleanses made me poop.

Yes, I'm loony,

O but soon-y,

I'll be beating Gwyneth's GOOP.

My condition's an audition

For the future I foresee.

With no glitches

I'll have riches:

Life and style maven me!

I remove my hat and bow to your creativity.

I'll gladly take the second place 'certificate of participation'....

Today has been deliciously fun and pointed.

I have a box of lemon bars mix that I may attempt to bake......or save it for the show tomorrow?

• Love 5

I remove my hat and bow to your creativity.

I'll gladly take the second place 'certificate of participation'....

Today has been deliciously fun and pointed.

I have a box of lemon bars mix that I may attempt to bake......or save it for the show tomorrow?

Thanks, ElDosEquis. A bit of musical levity is good for the soul, eh?

• Love 3

(snip)

Well you could make it today and eat it tomorrow but it sounds like if you have them around today they won't make it until Tuesday. I know in my case that would be true so my vote is tomorrow.

Who knew lemons and Lymes could be such fun!

• Love 4

Songs? Here's Yo's version of that famous ditty: 

My Darling Lemontine

On a hillside, 'mongst the lemons, 

'neath the sunny So Cal sky,

Lived the tick that

Made me sick, and

Gave me Lyme – my battle cry!

Pulled my fillings, lost my funbags,

Endless cleanses made me poop.

Yes, I'm loony,

O but soon-y,

I'll be beating Gwyneth's GOOP.

My condition's an audition

For the future I foresee.

With no glitches

I'll have riches:

Life and style maven me!

Genius .

• Love 4

My input on possible book titles: 

"Ticks Suck - Lyme Bites" 

"Ticked Off"

"Lyme Yours" 

"Sublyme"

"In the Lymelight"

"Sour Grapes, Bitter Lyme: The Victimization of Yolanda" 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11

More great news for Yolanda: apparently Hollywood has already optioned the rights to her forthcoming autobiography/CD venture and they're making it into a big budget musical biopic called "Walk the Lyme," starring Reese Witherspoon as the devoted, Lyme-suffering wife to musical genius David Foster. It will be all about the trials and tribulations of being the silent strength behind this songwriting powerhouse: everything it takes to cook a rotisserie chicken in lingerie, the resolve to make a risque photo album of herself in scintillating half-nude poses - all while seeking out the latest and greatest in chronic illness medicine. Sources say there will not be a dry eye in the house!

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 13

OMG.  You guys are making me laugh.

I hope that those who are suffering from Lyme don't take offense.  My heart goes out to all of you and what you're going through.  It's a shame, as a person who knows the serious complications of this disease, that Yo has made herself the spokesperson for something that can be so devastating and has made it into something that is so....I can't find the word but it upsets me so much.  Go away Yo. 

• Love 7

Another possible title, "Don't let Lyme's sour YOUR Outlook"

The book will have an accompanying CD where Yo will sing the some standards?

An example:

(Sung to the tune of "Signs")

Lyme's, Lyme's everywhere the Lyme's.

Clogging up my memory, degrading my mind

Cleanse this, don't cleanse that

Is that a lemon rind?

OMG, hilarious!!!

• Love 2

Lymelight

(with apologies to Rush)

Living in a light headed haze.

Life can be so unreal

It clears with lemon peel

Out of touch with some reality

I think I have the Lyme's

Bit by some infected tick

Damn thing did get me sick.

A colonic does the trick

and photos of some needle stick.

Living with the Lyme's might

wanna make you scream

This thing it ain't no dream

It makes you suffer more than normally, it seems.

Living drinking lemons cleanse

caught in the camera eye

My selfies do not lie

I can't pretend a treatment ends

Cured, how can I get by?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 4