Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Lisin

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

Recommended Posts

When will the title of this thread be changed? The only love in Yo's life is Gigi _ My Gigi, My Lemons, My Lyme.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Story about Erika and Yolanda having spin-off:  http://bravowatch.com/yolanda-foster-and-erika-girardi-we-want-our-own-spin-off-show/  I question the use of the Bravo logo on this site.

But they have nothing in common. What, is Yolanda gonna have her humors balanced every day in Koreatown, while across town in Pasadena, Erika will practice her "sit on a dick" moves?

Edited by ingenting
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

talula, good to see you back with your pictures and info. 

Thanks STEWEDSQUASH.  I've been drive-by reading lately.  Good to read so many wonderful posts...lots of laughs here. Not so much with the HWs.

Happy to see format improvements when posting with my iPad.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Fun reading your posts, gang!  I'm still trying to figure this website out.  I need a tutor.

Ryebread, you were sweet to apologize, but everyone has a bad day, especially when it involves a friend.  Those kinds of tragedies hit us hard. *insert heart here*

I am crazy in love with Gigi's black and white ensemble, my husband not so much. 

Unpleasantness:  I'm afraid that no  argument will dissuade me from feeling that Kyle isn't a mean girl, the kind one doesn't recognize until after the snake has bitten. 

Never could figure out who Gigi resembled more, Yo or Mo, but lately I've been struck by how much she looks like Mohamed.  Especially in side shots (one of her, one of him, above), they look so much alike.  I've also never considered Mo as good looking, but in that shot at the table, where he is laughing, he looks quite handsome, I think.  Get the boy all cleaned up, with his hair combed, and he's not bad!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Gigi-Hadid-Tommy-Hilfiger-Collection-39441116#photo-39441126

What Gigi is out promoting and it is a risk, is she has a capsule collection designed/inspired by her with Tommy Hilfiger.  It will be revealed during NYFW, and the twist is it will be available for sale immediately after the show.  Interesting idea and it might elevate Gigi from model to actual tycoon.  Life would be far simpler just promoting her own works.  Only possible downside is other designers may not want to use her in their shows if she has her own brand.  It will be the ultimate test case to see if a model can be both a designer and a model. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Lura said:

Fun reading your posts, gang!  I'm still trying to figure this website out.  I need a tutor.

Ryebread, you were sweet to apologize, but everyone has a bad day, especially when it involves a friend.  Those kinds of tragedies hit us hard. *insert heart here*

I am crazy in love with Gigi's black and white ensemble, my husband not so much. 

Unpleasantness:  I'm afraid that no  argument will dissuade me from feeling that Kyle isn't a mean girl, the kind one doesn't recognize until after the snake has bitten. 

Never could figure out who Gigi resembled more, Yo or Mo, but lately I've been struck by how much she looks like Mohamed.  Especially in side shots (one of her, one of him, above), they look so much alike.  I've also never considered Mo as good looking, but in that shot at the table, where he is laughing, he looks quite handsome, I think.  Get the boy all cleaned up, with his hair combed, and he's not bad!

Lura, I agree with you about Gigi's looks. The older she gets, the more of her father I see in her. She does have some resemblance to her half sibs facially too. 

I am glad to see her doing well with her career. Always nice to see young people thrive. As a parent, we just want our kids happy and doing well. I know she has had an advantage with her family connections but I think that is the case with all rich people. We just notice it more with her because she has a public career. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Gigi-Hadid-Tommy-Hilfiger-Collection-39441116#photo-39441126

What Gigi is out promoting and it is a risk, is she has a capsule collection designed/inspired by her with Tommy Hilfiger.  It will be revealed during NYFW, and the twist is it will be available for sale immediately after the show.  Interesting idea and it might elevate Gigi from model to actual tycoon.  Life would be far simpler just promoting her own works.  Only possible downside is other designers may not want to use her in their shows if she has her own brand.  It will be the ultimate test case to see if a model can be both a designer and a model. 

Smart girl. Lots of research shows that the failure of traditional retail to connect with young buyers is that they want it immediately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/17/2016 at 11:52 PM, breezy424 said:

Oh let's face it IMO.  Gigi is getting the exposure because of the 'Hollywood' connection.  So is Jenner.  But that's business.  It's all about connections for the most part.

I agree.  And the Hadid girls had the way paved for them by Kendall Jenner.  When Kendall 'went it alone' and dropped her mother as an agent/manager and began getting jobs, there was lots of talk about Jenner getting bullied and ostracized by the other models, which she would deny. - then POOF, that stopped happening and one of the models that had allegedly bullied Jenner lost a few of her gigs.  The Hadid girls don't seem to have experienced the same harassment that their friend experienced.  Whichever parent (Mo or Yolanda) had more pull, they made sure that people like Naomi Campbell taught them how to walk the runway. etc. So they learned their craft from the best in the business. Obviously Yolanda was an influence on them.  But at the same time, Gigi has taken the modeling opportunities as they were presented and worked hard.  Having that capsule collection is a smart move on her part. 

IMO, Gigi was forced to grow up quickly.  It was on her shoulders to take her mother to the hospital in the middle of the night when her mother thought her brain was swelling.  That's a lot to put on a 16 year old kid.  IMO I think Gigi knows what both parents are all about, warts and all, and loves them.  She knows how to work with them and around them.  I'm not so sure about Bella.  I do think that Gigi is Yolanda's golden child that she has nurtured from the Baby Guess days to what she is today.  Bella, not so  much. 

I have a question that maybe someone can answer.   I don't want to rehash the Lyme business or further impugn Yolanda's parenting skills.  But - before the claim that Bella had Lyme (which then became the excuse for the driving incident), didn't Yolanda state in a talking head or in a scene (that) essentially Bella learned her lesson and that Bella had to pay for her own lawyer?  That seemed to be a big thing for Yolanda - that Bella had to (literally) pay out of her own pocket for the consequences of her actions.  I guess this is what confused me about the subsequent claims that Bella's Lyme Disease contributed to her having the incident - what parent would make their kid pay for a lawyer if the kid allegedly do that as a result of an illness?  . Maybe I am misremembering.this and I am sure that one of you experts can clear it up.  I thought it was the episode when Brandi came over to Yolanda's house for yoga.   Or maybe I'm dreaming this, which is always a possibility.  LOL

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.popsugar.com/fashion/Gigi-Hadid-Tommy-Hilfiger-Collection-39441116#photo-39441126

What Gigi is out promoting and it is a risk, is she has a capsule collection designed/inspired by her with Tommy Hilfiger.  It will be revealed during NYFW, and the twist is it will be available for sale immediately after the show.  Interesting idea and it might elevate Gigi from model to actual tycoon.  Life would be far simpler just promoting her own works.  Only possible downside is other designers may not want to use her in their shows if she has her own brand.  It will be the ultimate test case to see if a model can be both a designer and a model. 

I'm sure she will have plenty of assistance and direction for any design work she may do. 

Quote

Launching in Fall 2016, the capsule will feature women’s sportswear, footwear and accessories, including watches and sunglasses, as well as a new fragrance. 

95-99 percent will not be her. This is just branding. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aunt Kiki said:

But - before the claim that Bella had Lyme (which then became the excuse for the driving incident), didn't Yolanda state in a talking head or in a scene (that) essentially Bella learned her lesson and that Bella had to pay for her own lawyer?  That seemed to be a big thing for Yolanda - that Bella had to (literally) pay out of her own pocket for the consequences of her actions.  I guess this is what confused me about the subsequent claims that Bella's Lyme Disease contributed to her having the incident - what parent would make their kid pay for a lawyer if the kid allegedly do that as a result of an illness?  . Maybe I am misremembering.this and I am sure that one of you experts can clear it up.  I thought it was the episode when Brandi came over to Yolanda's house for yoga.   Or maybe I'm dreaming this, which is always a possibility.  LOL

This is another case of people and haters making a mountain out of a molehill.  And before anyone gets upset, I don't mean that a DUI is a molehill.

Bella said she was upset that she was always sick and not able to do the things she normally did.  One night she drowned her sorrows because of her illness, and got busted. The disease was the catalyst for her getting drunkety drunk and driving, thus Bella blaming her illness.  So she got punished and Yo wrote the letter.

Some people would have you believe that Yo and Bella think the illness somehow made her so sick that she was out of her mind when she got behind the wheel.  Blame the Lyme!  Or that Yo and Bella said that Lyme made her blood level appear as if she was drunk but she really wasn't!  Blame the Lyme!  And that's not what either one of them said.

That's why when someone says, "If it was the Lyme, why did Yo write that letter?  Why did she punish Bella if the cause was the disease?"  They never said that.  Read the statements again. They blamed Bella's stupidity for drinking/driving because she was sick with the Lyme.

Edited by ryebread
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

This is another case of people and haters making a mountain out of a molehill.  And before anyone gets upset, I don't mean that a DUI is a molehill.

Bella said she was upset that she was always sick and not able to do the things she normally did.  One night she drowned her sorrows because of her illness, and got busted.  So she got punished and Yo wrote her the letter.

Some people would have you believe that Yo and Bella think the illness somehow made her so sick that she was out of her mind when she got behind the wheel.  Or that Yo and Bella are saying that the LYME disease made her blood level appear as if she was drunk but she really wasn't!  Blame the Lyme!  And that's not what either one of them said.

That's why when someone says, "If it was the Lyme, why did Yo write that letter?  Why did she punish Bella if they're blaming the disease?"  They never said that.  Read the statements again and they are blaming Bella's stupidity at drinking/driving because she was sick with the Lyme.

???  I am not making a mountain out of a molehill.  I was simply asking a question and making sure that I wasn't misremembering something. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Aunt Kiki said:

???  I am not making a mountain out of a molehill.  I was simply asking a question and making sure that I wasn't misremembering something. 

No, no!  I don't mean you!  When the story first broke that Bella was blaming Lyme, I believe there was a lot of misinterpretation because of Yo hate. And before you know it, it had spread like wildfire.  It was like Portia and the $37,000.  Once the ball gets rolling....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, ryebread said:

No, no!  I don't mean you!  When the story first broke that Bella was blaming Lyme, I believe there was a lot of misinterpretation because of Yo hate. And before you know it, it had spread like wildfire.  It was like Portia and the $37,000.  Once the ball gets rolling....

Phew!  Haven't been posting for awhile and lost what little board smarts I had. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, ryebread said:

This is another case of people and haters making a mountain out of a molehill.  And before anyone gets upset, I don't mean that a DUI is a molehill.

Bella said she was upset that she was always sick and not able to do the things she normally did.  One night she drowned her sorrows because of her illness, and got busted. The disease was the catalyst for her getting drunkety drunk and driving, thus Bella blaming her illness.  So she got punished and Yo wrote the letter.

Some people would have you believe that Yo and Bella think the illness somehow made her so sick that she was out of her mind when she got behind the wheel.  Blame the Lyme!  Or that Yo and Bella said that Lyme made her blood level appear as if she was drunk but she really wasn't!  Blame the Lyme!  And that's not what either one of them said.

That's why when someone says, "If it was the Lyme, why did Yo write that letter?  Why did she punish Bella if the cause was the disease?"  They never said that.  Read the statements again. They blamed Bella's stupidity for drinking/driving because she was sick with the Lyme.

Except, she never said that, nor did Yolanda. What they have said was that LD caused her to have problems judging "distance" and that was why she quit riding/jumping horses. Both Bella and Yolanda have said that because of LD Bella overall made poor judgement mistakes, but never addressed the DUI or the first DL suspension. Which leads back to the question that if Bella really was suffering from LD as Yolanda/Bella claim, why didn't Yolanda mention it in that email she wrote to Bella where she castigates her for how filthy her car was, the pill bottles found, the empty alcohol bottles found, the dirty underwear found and even a bloody tampon found? Not one word about LD, illness, anything that could have lead to Bella making such choices, not 1. And why did Yolanda leave Bella at home alone without adult supervision if she was as sick as they now claim?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Except, she never said that, nor did Yolanda. What they have said was that LD caused her to have problems judging "distance" and that was why she quit riding/jumping horses. Both Bella and Yolanda have said that because of LD Bella overall made poor judgement mistakes, but never addressed the DUI or the first DL suspension. Which leads back to the question that if Bella really was suffering from LD as Yolanda/Bella claim, why didn't Yolanda mention it in that email she wrote to Bella where she castigates her for how filthy her car was, the pill bottles found, the empty alcohol bottles found, the dirty underwear found and even a bloody tampon found? Not one word about LD, illness, anything that could have lead to Bella making such choices, not 1. And why did Yolanda leave Bella at home alone without adult supervision if she was as sick as they now claim?

Even if my kid had cancer and drove drunk, I can't say that I would have addressed his cancer in my ranty letter, chewing his ass.

I'd be so shocked and angry, no FURIOUS, at his sheer stupidity and the condition of his car that I'm not sure I'd have taken a minute to reference his illness.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Essentially Bella claimed she was unable to drive and kept crashing into things and could not remember her way from Santa Monica to Malibu at the beginning of her illness.

"Bella was diagnosed her junior year of high school.* 'I stopped driving because I kept crashing because my brain just stopped working.'  She had an accident -'It was when I first got sick.  It was a dark time'-which was reported as a DUI. "  Evening Standard   http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/bella-hadid-i-still-feel-awkward-taking-a-selfie-sometimes-it-feels-a-little-weird-a3123476.html  Of course she also claims she looks like Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Lawrence acknowledged her while she was sitting in the audience of SNL.

* Bella would have been eligible to get her drivers' license in November of her junior year. She got the DUI in August of her senior year.  Her license had been suspended and my guess it still is because normally you can't drive until you are 21 years old after a DUI.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Even if my kid had cancer and drove drunk, I can't say that I would have addressed his cancer in my ranty letter, chewing his ass.

I'd be so shocked and angry, no FURIOUS, at his sheer stupidity and the condition of his car that I'm not sure I'd have taken a minute to reference his illness.

Yolanda didn't make excuses for Bella at the time of her DUI. She didn't buy Dr. Phil's middle child stuff either.   She was a normal parent.  I guess since Ally Hilfiger blames Lyme Disease for serving up turds on a platter to her father, Bella using it as an excuse for DUI seems almost minor at this point.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Except, she never said that, nor did Yolanda. What they have said was that LD caused her to have problems judging "distance" and that was why she quit riding/jumping horses. Both Bella and Yolanda have said that because of LD Bella overall made poor judgement mistakes, but never addressed the DUI or the first DL suspension. Which leads back to the question that if Bella really was suffering from LD as Yolanda/Bella claim, why didn't Yolanda mention it in that email she wrote to Bella where she castigates her for how filthy her car was, the pill bottles found, the empty alcohol bottles found, the dirty underwear found and even a bloody tampon found? Not one word about LD, illness, anything that could have lead to Bella making such choices, not 1. And why did Yolanda leave Bella at home alone without adult supervision if she was as sick as they now claim?

Thanks so much, Wirewrap. I feel too tired this evening, (OMG! Do I have chronic Lyme disease?) to respond. I was hoping someone would put it together, and you stepped up. Did I ever tell you that you're my hero and the wind beneath my wings? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, homeperm said:

Thanks so much, Wirewrap. I feel too tired this evening, (OMG! Do I have chronic Lyme disease?) to respond. I was hoping someone would put it together, and you stepped up. Did I ever tell you that you're my hero and the wind beneath my wings? 

Awww, Thanks. LOL I just don't understand how Yolanda could have left Bella alone with zero adult supervision and gone out of the country. She could have made Bella stay at her fathers house, told the housekeeper to keep an eye on her (when in reality she told the housekeeper the exact opposite) or simply stayed home with her very sick child. How did she expect Bella to get around anyway, she was not supposed to be driving at all because her DL was already suspended from an earlier unknown driving infraction! This is just another thing in a very long list of things where what Yolanda says/does makes zero sense.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I am weary of topic Yolanda but cannot stay away.  For me, it is her constant jockeying for the best story to support her image of the moment.   It changes.  She is an effete snob and self absorbed woman.  The details are not important to me.  She sucks the energy out of a room and lies to gain favor.  She does not see that it doesn't work.  You have to give love to get it back.  She gives nothing to these women but expectations as to how they can server her.  That is my problem.  I don't care about her physical condition.  She has done nothing to evoke sympathy or belief from me. 

Edited by wings707
  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am weary of topic Yolanda but cannot stay away.  For me, it is her constant jockeying for the best story to support her image/story of the moment.   It changes.  She is an effete snob and self absorbed woman.  The details are not important to me.  She sucks the energy out of a room and lies to gain favor.  She does not see that it doesn't work.  You have to give love to get it back.  She gives nothing to these women but expectations as to how they can server her.  That is my problem.  I don't care about her physical condition.  She has done nothing to evoke sympathy or belief from me. 

Her kids do glamorous stuff. If they were Giudice looking kids, no way would I give this thread any attention. 

Anwar got the cover of teenVOGUE

Bella at Cannes

oJzwsWU.jpg

Edited by ingenting
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I am not a fan of that sneering face of Anwar. He looks like a rich sneering prep school boy...and not a hot one imo. It's not quite a sneer but a look of contempt or something snobby. Gigi and Bella are beautiful. Gigi's droopy eyelids sometimes bother me but overall she is gorgeous. Bella is beautiful. Anwar just doesn't do it for me (none of his photos) but that's just me. He's not ugly or attractive imo...just average/normal with a crappy expression. He reminds me of kids I knew when I was a kid so maybe I am biased.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Models are schooled and required to present that look.  It is the business, not the kid. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I am weary of topic Yolanda but cannot stay away.  For me, it is her constant jockeying for the best story to support her image/story of the moment.   It changes.  She is an effete snob and self absorbed woman.  The details are not important to me.  She sucks the energy out of a room and lies to gain favor.  She does not see that it doesn't work.  You have to give love to get it back.  She gives nothing to these women but expectations as to how they can server her.  That is my problem.  I don't care about her physical condition.  She has done nothing to evoke sympathy or belief from me. 

I just called to say I love you.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

While I'm thinking of Portia's $37,000 Occam's razor, another one that I think was snowballed to hell and back was the 'Yolanda Thinks Lyme is Worse Than Aids' hypothesis.

She never said that.  But once the internets got hold of the "fact" that she did, people were ready to throw themselves off buildings.

I think Yolanda is whackadoodle.  But I also think that the people who matter - her family and her bosses, can see through the web hysteria and she won't get beat up next season if she's back.  She'll still be insufferable when it comes to her holier-than-thou attitude, (but they're all like that in their own ways) but I believe the tide will change in her favor because TPTB know that many mountains were made of many molehills.

Andy and Bravo let some of the popular (mis)perceptions slide and snowball because it made good TV and internet chatter.  But imo, they know they owe her.  It's all so twisted.  Now as much as I'd like to be proven right, LOL, I don't want her back.  I do not want another Yolandaccentric forum next season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This is from Yolanda's first blog of the season

 

Lyme disease is six times more prevalent than AIDS ever was in the early 80s. The globe united beautifully with one voice to combat HIV, so I pray every day that we will come together and find a cure for Lyme, affordable for all.

so yea she did compare Lyme to Aids.

ETA : She has also stated that the stigma around Lyme disease is similar to the stigma of Aids in the 80's. That may be one of the craziest things she's ever said. Talk about comparing apples and spaceships ( thanks Carole). 

Edited by Satchels of gold
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

While I'm thinking of Portia's $37,000 Occam's razor, another one that I think was snowballed to hell and back was the 'Yolanda Thinks Lyme is Worse Than Aids' hypothesis.

 

Sincere question, how does Occam's razor apply to Portia's app problem?  No assumptions are being made above that Kyle relayed what happened.

As for Yolanda, I think Occam's works in favor of the anti-Yo's because they are taking her comments (facts from the horse's mouth, not assumptions) comparing them to other statements made by her and point out the disparities.  Where the pro-Yo's are offering up possible reasons (assumptions) why her stories don't always match, what she really meant, etc.  Based on the principle of Occam's razor, the least assumptive (hence simpler) theory is more likely to be true. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Alert the media! The internet is NOT FAIR to Yo. In the worst ever case of media unfairness, random posters are accusing Yo of being a liar based on things she actually said! When will this cease! Stay tuned!

*sarcastifont*

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Satchels of gold said:

Lyme disease is six times more prevalent than AIDS ever was in the early 80s. The globe united beautifully with one voice to combat HIV, so I pray every day that we will come together and find a cure for Lyme, affordable for all.

so yea she did compare Lyme to Aids.

Who says she was wrong?  In 1981, there were 41 cases of AIDS. In 1995, the first graph on the CDCs website, there were 10,000+ cases of Lyme. 

But I suppose she could be wrong.  The CDC was.  Originally they said that Lyme disease infects 10,000 per year.  Now they're saying it's 300,000 per year.   Yo stating that there are similarities between the 2 diseases and how they are/were misunderstood. Absolutely.

Any comparison she was making was that Lyme is misunderstood just like AIDS was/is. And that the sufferers are ostracized.  So yeah, there is the comparison. BUT SHE DID NOT say that Lyme is worse/deadlier/more painful than AIDS which is what people were saying she said just based on a few people saying she was comparing Lyme to AIDS.

 

Quote

When AIDS first appeared three decades ago, it was first seen as a "gay disease."  The judgement at that time, couldn't have been further from the truth. Tens of thousands of gay men, many of them close to me were dying and it seemed as if no one cared. People who were doubted and shunned by their own families, turned away from medical providers and treated as if they weren't even human. Today, thanks to the persistent hard work of Elton and activists, HIV/AIDS is no longer a death sentence.  We know how to prevent it, we know how to treat it. And someday we may learn how to cure

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Alert the media! The internet is NOT FAIR to Yo. In the worst ever case of media unfairness, random posters are accusing Yo of being a liar based on things she actually said! When will this cease! Stayed tuned!

*sarcastifont*

The internet is not fair to any of them.  Do you really believe that we/they know these women?  We've all got perceptions. I think Yo is a liar.  Sometimes.  Merely pointing out that I thought some were misrepresenting what Yo says. Sometimes.

I thought Lisa Rinna and Eileen were nutbags last season.  Loads of sarcastifont posts came my way because hellz no, Lisa and Eileen were awesome.  Until all the sudden they weren't.  My point - none of us really know nuthin'.  Happykittyfont.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

No, of course we don't know them. We have opinions based on what we see and hear.  We're allowed. Otherwise what's the point of this forum? If are all had the same opinion there would not be much to talk about. And yes my opinion is subject to change based on what I see and hear, doesn't everyone?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

We have opinions based on what we see and hear.  We're allowed. Otherwise what's the point of this forum?  If are all had the same opinion there would not be much to talk about.

Exactly. Bingo Bango. Then why, when I state my differing opinion, am I'm greeted with so much sarcastifont?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

IDK, why assume it is directed at you personally and not just a comment that happens to disagree with you? I was making a joke on Yo's perceived tendency to exaggerate. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Where Yolanda fails me is she keeps thinking that those who don't buy her theory of Lyme Disease and all the other combinations she has with the word Lyme in them, are somehow ignorant or unsympathetic.  It just isn't the case.  Just because a person doesn't sign up for your theory does not make them a bad person.  If you applied Yolanda's statements to religion or politics there would be no doubt that her platform would be vilified.  What I hear from Yolanda is if you are my friend you must not only support me but you must conform your thinking to mine.  If not, no friendship.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

This is from Yolanda's first blog of the season

 

Lyme disease is six times more prevalent than AIDS ever was in the early 80s. The globe united beautifully with one voice to combat HIV, so I pray every day that we will come together and find a cure for Lyme, affordable for all.

so yea she did compare Lyme to Aids.

ETA : She has also stated that the stigma around Lyme disease is similar to the stigma of Aids in the 80's. That may be one of the craziest things she's ever said. Talk about comparing apples and spaceships ( thanks Carole). 

But what does she mean find a cure that is affordable? There IS a cure, it's a course of antibiotics, which I assumed would be covered by insurance - is that not the case? A cure for post-Lyme syndrome may not be possible, as opposed to more/better palliative measures (evidence based) which I would agree with wholeheartedly.

I was driving through an office park last weekend (the glamorous life!) and noticed a homemade sign: FREE PALLETS. Good on Yo for recycling!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, glowlights said:

But what does she mean find a cure that is affordable? There IS a cure, it's a course of antibiotics, which I assumed would be covered by insurance - is that not the case? A cure for post-Lyme syndrome may not be possible, as opposed to more/better palliative measures (evidence based) which I would agree with wholeheartedly.

I was driving through an office park last weekend (the glamorous life!) and noticed a homemade sign: FREE PALLETS. Good on Yo for recycling!

Yolanda throws that out there to connect with the little people.  Like shopping at Target and flying around in private jets.  See I can be one of you too! 

I always thought Yolanda's issue was there was no cure for what ails her.  When she combines it with affordable it sounds as she has been cured and now she wants to find a more affordable cure to help the little people.  I don't think she considers herself cured.  As a viewer her message leaves me confused.  Has she been cured and left with some restrictions that will not return her to her normal?  I just don't know because she is so busy insulting people by posting photos of a middle finger and being angry and discounting others.  She wants people to ask questions and when they do she basically shuts them down.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, JenFromCincy said:

Sincere question, how does Occam's razor apply to Portia's app problem?  No assumptions are being made above that Kyle relayed what happened.

As for Yolanda, I think Occam's works in favor of the anti-Yo's because they are taking her comments (facts from the horse's mouth, not assumptions) comparing them to other statements made by her and point out the disparities.  Where the pro-Yo's are offering up possible reasons (assumptions) why her stories don't always match, what she really meant, etc.  Based on the principle of Occam's razor, the least assumptive (hence simpler) theory is more likely to be true. 

Absolutely.   I love this post.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ryebread said:

Who says she was wrong?  In 1981, there were 41 cases of AIDS. In 1995, the first graph on the CDCs website, there were 10,000+ cases of Lyme. 

But I suppose she could be wrong.  The CDC was.  Originally they said that Lyme disease infects 10,000 per year.  Now they're saying it's 300,000 per year.   Yo stating that there are similarities between the 2 diseases and how they are/were misunderstood. Absolutely.

Any comparison she was making was that Lyme is misunderstood just like AIDS was/is. And that the sufferers are ostracized.  So yeah, there is the comparison. BUT SHE DID NOT say that Lyme is worse/deadlier/more painful than AIDS which is what people were saying she said just based on a few people saying she was comparing Lyme to AIDS.

 

There is a cure for Lyme Disease but there is no cure for HIV/AIDS.

edit: Lyme Disease is misunderstood by Yo and she further clouds a previously clear picture by her support of charlatans (quacks)

Edited by Vicky8675309 · Reason: added in the last bit
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Lyme and AIDS should never be in the same sentence.  Shameful of Yo to have made any comparisons.  

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

Lyme and AIDS should never be in the same sentence.

WINGS707, this one sentence, to me, describes the entire situation and summarizes beautifully the heart of this discussion.  One disease has nothing to do with the other except that both were mentioned together by a fool who might have been crafty enough to know what she was doing (igniting a fire).  Kudos!

Edited by Lura
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Still on my soapbox. Because I don't think I made this particular point concisely enough: when you compare the marginalization/stigmatization of a community of which you are a part to the marginalization/stigmatization of another discrete community, the severity and nature of those varieties of stigmatization and marginalization are pretty crucial to the legitimacy of the comparison . . . Secondly, Yolanda explicitly asserts that the "globe" "united" in support for HIV/AIDS patient, an historically ignorant statement that is, well, a crock of shit ( please refer to the aforementioned infant rapes in Africa; the disturbing prevalence with which sufferers have been and continued to be disowned by their families not just in developing cultures but also the industrialized West; the fact that Reagan didn't even say "AIDS" until his presidency was near its end; etc, etc). She positions those with the disease as actually more fortunate than Lyme because, well, I guess they can no longer be ejected from public schools. Lucky them! What Yolanda wouldn't give to have HIV instead of Lyme, I bet . . . Thirdly, Yolanda's misinformation campaign occurs within the context of insane claims to a viral load - a term associated with HIV that has no relevance to bacterial infections - and promotions of low-dose immunotherapy for minors per the expertise of a doctor who can't even get a birthdate right on a container label. God forbid that any of that shit she's peddling actually includes HIV medicines because dosing incorrectly with that stuff can lessen its subsequent efficacy. 

Thank you, SO MUCH! I let out a sigh of relief reading your last two posts. You really cut to the heart of the matter and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know. I realize that your writing may not reach everyone, but the people that can't understand your argument are never going to be able to, for whatever reasons. I would love to be able to articulate ideas the way you do, especially concerning the reasons that Yolanda is as selfish and dangerous as she is. You made my day.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

 

Who or what or how is Occam?  Did I stop for a nap when that info was posted?  I come on here with all good intentions of writing something halfway interesting, and I wake up an hour later.  It can't be the fault of the delightful company that surrounds me here, so it must be the pain pills. 

 

BTW, I went to QVC to take a gander at what Yo was selling, and her name didn't even come up in search.  I thought she was already hawking her brand of whatnot, but I'm wondering whether she hasn't been on air yet.  Anybody know?  I did notice Rinna's smiling face in a picture there, so I guess she's an official spokesman for something.  I wasn't interested enough to check out her wares.  Man, with her speech pattern of 500 words a minute, she must sell like nobody's business

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size