Type keyword(s) to search

Jenelle: Birther Of 3, Mother To None

Everyone knows Ensley does not have Down syndrome. Posts suggesting that she does will be removed and warnings issued. Posts such as these leave the impression that an arguably unflattering picture could somehow be construed as a child being disabled is considered ableist and is against the rules of the board.

• Start Topic

Everything I've read about the topic states that one should never try counseling/therapy with their abuser. At least, not until the abuser has had many months of their own individual therapy. Now this is in the context of abusive marriages re: marriage counseling, but I would assume it would also hold true for (step) parents and children, especially since the power imbalance is even greater between children and their adult abusers.

Jace is going to be actively harmed by therapy with David.

• Love 24

I have to wonder if the therapist Jace sees on his own, at school and Barb's behest, is different from this one Jenelle and UBT are supposedly seeing with him. I just cannot imagine ANY therapist, who sees how scared Jace is by David, agreeing to do one-on-ones with the two of them.  If it was someone that ONLY saw Jace WITH David, I could see how they could be misled. But even then.....damn, a good therapist would likely pick up on the subtle clues. Of course, as with anything, there are bad therapists out there too. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

This is in...extremely poor taste. I’m Southern, so I get it. People still want to whoop their kids down here and will fight tooth and nail against any and all evidence that physical punishment is counterproductive but how fucking tonedeaf can you be to share a meme like that when you are currently under investigation from CPS? How sway?

Wait, she and David are being investigated by CPS? Since when? 

46 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Wait, she and David are being investigated by CPS? Since when? 

According to Jenelle CPS has been called out to THE LAAAAAAND several times. There was an investigation immediately after Endtable was born because she had drugs in her system. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

According to Jenelle CPS has been called out to THE LAAAAAAND several times. There was an investigation immediately after Endtable was born because she had drugs in her system. 

Jenelle did recently brag that all the CPS cases have been closed, but that may have changed with Doris' recent allegations about Kaiser. There have been CPS investigations/interventions with every single one of Jenelle's and UBT's offspring. I don't think that's ever been addressed on the reunions and they've covered up a lot of it on the show too. I wonder whether Dr. Drew even knows, or if he knows about UBT's DV and drug past. He acts as if he doesn't.

• Love 8

Just because she says Jace and David are therapy together doesn’t mean it’s the truth. She lies about everything. 

38 minutes ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I saw this in the store yesterday and had to try it.

F42C1E23-5521-46C3-828A-37450824C559.jpeg

Uppercut: Fill The Streets With It!

• Love 20

I think Jenelle and David are both abusers. If Jenelle wasn't in this relationship with David she would be abusing someone else. In that sense I think the "contained" comment from Dr. Drew is interesting, although still dangerous. 

I don't subscribe to the "mutual combat" theory, but I feel that Jenelle is just as complicit as David. She is just as messed up and toxic and manipulative. 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I think Jenelle and David are both abusers. If Jenelle wasn't in this relationship with David she would be abusing someone else. In that sense I think the "contained" comment from Dr. Drew is interesting, although still dangerous. 

I don't subscribe to the "mutual combat" theory, but I feel that Jenelle is just as complicit as David. She is just as messed up and toxic and manipulative. 

Dr. Drew is EXTREMELY misogynist, so it's not surprising that he thinks troubled women can be "fixed" by submitting to the right kind of man. I agree that Jenelle is abusive, but the solution to that isn't to find someone who can "contain" her, especially if he does that by abusing her. I agree that UBT and Jenelle deserve each other in many ways. They are probably equally generally toxic, as well as emotionally and verbally abusive. I can't, however, look at it as equal if UBT is physically abusing her (IMO, if he hasn't already done so, it's just a matter of time). At minimum, there is an implied threat of violence when he goes off screaming and throwing stuff (as we've seen on the show) since he so much bigger and has a history of beating his partner. With that said, I think it's possible that Jenelle likes/doesn't mind being physically abused (at least to the level it's gotten to so far). She's obviously very sick and I could see her interpreting physical abuse as proof that UBT loves her.

I wonder what UBT's "side of the story" is with the incident when he choked his ex and threw her from the car. Has he ever addressed it publicly? I wonder whether he says that it never happened or claims that he was somehow justified in his actions or is sufficiently sorry that it shouldn't be held against him. It's rich that they brought up Nathan choking Jenelle when she was pregnant when he did the same thing.

1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Just because she says Jace and David are therapy together doesn’t mean it’s the truth. She lies about everything. 

Yep. Jenelle only sees Jace every other weekend. Does anyone believe that Jace goes to a therapy session with her and another one with UBT during that time? Why would he need to have separate therapy with each of them rather than them all going to family therapy together? She thinks it sounds good to say that Jace is in "one-on-one" therapy with both of them, maybe because Barb mentioned that Jace's therapist wanted to do a session with Jenelle and Jace. I can't see UBT making it through more than one session with any ethical therapist. He is creepy as fuck and can't fake being "normal" as much as he thinks/hopes he can. He'd be like, "We're here to help Jace understand that Jenelle, not Meme, is his mother and I'm his father and he needs to stop saying he's afraid of me. You're not afraid of me, are you, Jace?" Jace would respond, "No, I was just kidding! I'm not afraid of you!," looking terrified, and it would go from there.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Dr. Drew is EXTREMELY misogynist, so it's not surprising that he thinks troubled women can be "fixed" by submitting to the right kind of man. I agree that Jenelle is abusive, but the solution to that isn't to find someone who can "contain" her, especially if he does that by abusing her. I agree that UBT and Jenelle deserve each other in many ways. They are probably equally generally toxic, as well as emotionally and verbally abusive. I can't, however, look at it as equal if UBT is physically abusing her (IMO, if he hasn't already done so, it's just a matter of time). At minimum, there is an implied threat of violence when he goes off screaming and throwing stuff (as we've seen on the show) since he so much bigger and has a history of beating his partner. With that said, I think it's possible that Jenelle likes/doesn't mind being physically abused (at least to the level it's gotten to so far). She's obviously very sick and I could see her interpreting physical abuse as proof that UBT loves her.

I wonder what UBT's "side of the story" is with the incident when he choked his ex and threw her from the car. Has he ever addressed it publicly? I wonder whether he says that it never happened or claims that he was somehow justified in his actions or is sufficiently sorry that it shouldn't be held against him. It's rich that they brought up Nathan choking Jenelle when she was pregnant when he did the same thing.

I, too, wouldn't mind hearing his side of the story, considering he has no other known DV-related incidents aside from that and the complaint was filed after he'd already moved on to Jenelle. So, we don't know that he did the same thing to his ex, we have no idea. She could be another Kail Lowry type of person who files protective orders when things don't go her way or for revenge - sadly Kail is not the first to do such a thing, nor the last. Not a David fan, but I will always call it as I see it, regardless and say that I can't rush to judgement with only one he-said, she-said incident on his file that I know of. 

4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Yep. Jenelle only sees Jace every other weekend. Does anyone believe that Jace goes to a therapy session with her and another one with UBT during that time? Why would he need to have separate therapy with each of them rather than them all going to family therapy together? She thinks it sounds good to say that Jace is in "one-on-one" therapy with both of them, maybe because Barb mentioned that Jace's therapist wanted to do a session with Jenelle and Jace. I can't see UBT making it through more than one session with any ethical therapist. He is creepy as fuck and can't fake being "normal" as much as he thinks/hopes he can. He'd be like, "We're here to help Jace understand that Jenelle, not Meme, is his mother and I'm his father and he needs to stop saying he's afraid of me. You're not afraid of me, are you, Jace?" Jace would respond, "No, I was just kidding! I'm not afraid of you!," looking terrified, and it would go from there.

I can answer this, as I went to a bunch of family therapy sessions as a kid. They do one-on-one in order to focus on each parent's relationship with the kid INDIVIDUALLY, as opposed to collectively as a unit, bc in reality, his parents (like all parents) are 2 different people. I think that's actually healthy and necessary. because parents (especially in the case of Jenelle/David dynamic, I imagine) may respond to what the kid is expressing in therapy differently when they are one-on-one than when they are together with their significant other. People tend to listen to and address another individuals concerns more readily when they are one-on-one with the them, as opposed to when they are with someone else or in a group. It's to make sure everyone is able to express themselves and be heard equally, basically and also listen to each other without the influence of the parent not in the room. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3

I wonder what UBT's "side of the story" is with the incident when he choked his ex and threw her from the car. Has he ever addressed it publicly?

No. Jenelle has defended him, though. Are we shocked? It seems Jenelle has to be the one to go out there and publicly defend this guy from everything he has ever done, even shit he did before he was in Jenelle's life. Sounds so eerily like what Amber was doing when it came to Matt. She had to be the one to defend the asshole. Jenelle never denied the DV charge against him. All she pretty much said was she can't judge David for his past because they are the same things she has done. 

@SheTalksShit there were no complaints of DV filed against David after he met Jenelle. David was arrested in May 2014 after a warrant was put out for his arrest. The court trial was in July 2014. David met Jenelle in September of 2015. His rap sheet prior to meeting Jenelle includes, obtaining property by false pretenses, possession of drug paraphernalia, breaking and entering, larceny and damaging property. 

Olivia filed for a restraining order against David after he continued to make threats to her. That restraining order was set in motion to protect her and their son, Kaden. David violated that restraining order in 2016. A crime he pled guilty to. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

No. Jenelle has defended him, though. Are we shocked? It seems Jenelle has to be the one to go out there and publicly defend this guy from everything he has ever done, even shit he did before he was in Jenelle's life. Sounds so eerily like what Amber was doing when it came to Matt. She had to be the one to defend the asshole. Jenelle never denied the DV charge against him. All she pretty much said was she can't judge David for his past because they are the same things she has done. 

@SheTalksShit there were no complaints of DV filed against David after he met Jenelle. David was arrested in May 2014 after a warrant was put out for his arrest. The court trial was in July 2014. David met Jenelle in September of 2015. His rap sheet prior to meeting Jenelle includes, obtaining property by false pretenses, possession of drug paraphernalia, breaking and entering, larceny and damaging property. 

Olivia filed for a restraining order against David after he continued to make threats to her. That restraining order was set in motion to protect her and their son, Kaden. David violated that restraining order in 2016. A crime he pled guilty to. 

Thanks for the info. So, was Jenelle's defense of him that she can't judge because she's done similar things? Really? Does that pass for an acceptable excuse/explanation among her supporters? Even if we accept that, that means it's ok for those of us who haven't abused our partners to judge, right? How does it work with Jenelle being a past victim of choking a pregnant woman to decide that the choking of another pregnant woman was ok? If she thinks choking a pregnant woman isn't necessarily that big a deal, that means Nathan isn't necessarily so bad for doing it, right? I'm just trying to keep up.

• Love 4

How does it work with Jenelle being a past victim of choking a pregnant woman to decide that the choking of another pregnant woman was ok? If she thinks choking a pregnant woman isn't necessarily that big a deal, that means Nathan isn't necessarily so bad for doing it, right? I'm just trying to keep up.

Jenelle claims to have been a DV victim in the past at the hands of Nathan and other boyfriends. However, when Nathan was charged with DV against his former girlfriend, Jenelle decided to tweet about it by mocking the allegation along with posting a popcorn emoji. Rather than show empathy and concern for someone being a victim, she uses it to draw attention to herself, as usual. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

ohhh ok, I just looked it up, you're right. I'm not sure why, but I coulda sworn I read that the order was filed after he met Jenelle. But it was actually filed on April 19, 2014.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, druzy said:

Of course she did. I guess soon we’ll get a picture of the baby and Marissa (her primary caregiver) posed together in their matching cheerleader costumes.  They are such a perfect, happy family. 

Great to hear that Kiefer will film the Ex-Files. As much as a like an update about all her exes, I hate to think the special is validating to her in some way. “Look at me, I’m so important to the franchise that my exes get a special.”

• Love 13
On 11/15/2017 at 4:52 PM, Mkay said:

Not funny Jenelle. 

AA706350-2BD4-416D-BEF1-62E48D971958.png

I was thinking about this when I got ready this morning and it made me really scared for Kaiser.   It was totally meant about him if you think about it.  Marissa doesn’t seem like a child who will act up before bed as she almost too old for that and Jace isn’t there that often. Kaiser is a rambunctious child and probably doesn’t go right to bed especially since they feed him crap and he’s all sugared up.  I don’t know.  I just feel so bad for him.  He’s the scapegoat in that family.

• Love 19

The original picture is in JE’s Instagram and I had to turn my cell phone all kinds of angles to see a difference.  Is twitter turning nothing into something?

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3

I don't know....I guess that could be bruising maybe over on her shoulder under her shirt strap.

The stuff on her chest looks like the shadow from her chin. 

There's enough to snark on Jenelle about without trying THIS hard to see something.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 8

Okay, I’m saying this as someone who primarily shops online, and I generally love Etsy, but Jenelle seriously needs to back away from Etsy, I literally don’t think I’ve seen someone post reviews for everything they’ve bought ever. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I don't know....I guess that could be bruising maybe over on her shoulder under her shirt strap.

The stuff on her chest looks like the shadow from her chin. 

There's enough to snark on Jenelle about without trying THIS hard to see something.

Why would she post it if she was really that bruised? It took a lot of turning my phone crazy angles to see redness but I finally did. They say they only adjusted the light to see it.  I’m not convinced, either. 

• Love 6

Is it possible that the pic Jenelle posted had already BEEN edited, to make the bruising appear less evident? I use filters on IG all the time, because of poor lighting. We know these chicks use the filters. It's possible she lightened it herself. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is it possible that the pic Jenelle posted had already BEEN edited, to make the bruising appear less evident? I use filters on IG all the time, because of poor lighting. We know these chicks use the filters. It's possible she lightened it herself. 

The lightened photo above I don't see it, but when I click on the link above it and then look at Jenelle's I can see how it looks like she edited her photo. That area of her chest is pale like it had been lightened. But if the bruising was that bad why would she be in that top, she is in a car so I am assuming she was going somewhere public.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOw5WZoVAAEBP3X?format=jpg

• Love 2

Just thought of her tattoo maybe she blended the photo to erase her tatt and that is why there are dark tones underneath. I think it is that side but I am not an expert on her anatomy.

Edited because I was wrong her tatt is on the other side. I went to the original tweet and she is a photographer and just adjusted the contrast  and clarity on the original.

Edited by crazychicken
  • Love 1

I don't see bruising. I see it as shadows.

Did anyone else notice Jenelle was wearing a choker necklace on the reunion and it had the letter "D" on it? 

D for: 

Duh

Delusional

Dude

Dramastic

Dicks

When Drew was digging into Jenelle about her really loving her mother, she was nodding her head a bit. UBT wasn't having it. 

jenelle necklace.jpg

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mitzi.B said:

Is that even a recent pic of Jenelle?  Assuming she is at home and not on another vacation, it’s been pretty cold in NC (I live 2 hours from her). Definitely not tank top weather.

She posted it two days ago.  

• Love 1

This is a video posted on Facebook by Jenelle's sister.  It's about Atlas and visitation/custody.  (I'm not sure.)  There are several more videos if you want to see them.  I don't understand any of it because I thought Barb had Atlas?  Ashleigh sure does act and sound like Jenelle, though.  I think she thinks posting all this to Facebook makes her look sympathetic and better than the father.  I don't share that opinion.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MissMel said:

This is a video posted on Facebook by Jenelle's sister.  It's about Atlas and visitation/custody.  (I'm not sure.)  There are several more videos if you want to see them.  I don't understand any of it because I thought Barb had Atlas?  Ashleigh sure does act and sound like Jenelle, though.  I think she thinks posting all this to Facebook makes her look sympathetic and better than the father.  I don't share that opinion.

I thought Barb had Atlas temporarily and Ashley was getting on her feet after leaving her last relationship. I most certainly could be wrong. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought Barb had Atlas temporarily and Ashley was getting on her feet after leaving her last relationship. I most certainly could be wrong. 

That's what I thought, as well.  ?

• Love 2

As far as I know, Barb has never had custody of either of Ashleigh's kids. Gabe, from her first husband, has always been in her custody, because that ex-husband was stationed to California. He has appeared on the show because Barb has watched him, and at a few times, Ashleigh lived with Barb for short periods. I think someone misread something once causing the confusion and thinking Barb had custody.

I only watched that first video so far, and listened to about  seconds of the last one. Even though she just posted them, these are from years ago. Ashleigh's second husband, Atlas' father, abandoned her while she was pregnant, got back together once or twice, left the military and moved to NJ, called her and begged her and the kids to come up there so that they could work on their marriage, and as soon as she did, he kicked her and Gabe out and wouldn't give up Atlas.

One of the ex-husbands created an account on Backpage with photos of her naked and using her full name. It showed her advertising escort services. Atlas' dad used it to gain temporary custody of him, claiming her job was dangerous, and she was allowed to visit. The police showed up when that first video was shot, but I think it wasn't clear enough to prove she was attacked. Ashleigh and Gabe returned to N.C. and stayed with Barb for a bit. 

Atlas' dad ended up moving to Virginia, and Ashleigh had to refile custody paperwork. She was given visitation again while the case made it through the courts. Either NJ or Virginia ordered her to not escort and CPS got involved. She had to take some parenting classes and successfully argued that the escort site was not her, because escorts don't show their faces or use their full names. She was still ordered not to take part in that industry.

She's been fighting a custody battle almost since his birth. His dad withheld her visitations from her a few times, which probably helped her case. She also tested negative for drugs and he didn't. It's been awhile since I watched all these videos and there also used to be some of the exMIL, who came across like Adam. It's been a mess and like moths to a flame, Jenelle got in the middle of it. Massive arguments on Twitter by Jenelle to an Ashleigh reporter, fights on Facebook between Ashleigh and Jenelle, Ashleigh and her ex, Ashleigh and her exMIL, Jenelle and her bong, etc.

There may be a few facts confused because it's been awhile, but Ashleigh is the one with custody, not Barb.

• Love 15

Thanks @Christina! That sounds about right. I know Ashleigh had gone through some rough patches and Barb had helped her out, but unlike Jenelle she never just left her kids with no end in sight. Her ex-husband sounds like a real piece of work. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3