Type keyword(s) to search

Brandi Glanville: Drinking and Tweeting - a book and a lifestyle!

• Start Topic

Let's be real here, Brandi deserves to be taken to task for running with gossip and making a bigger deal out of something that was never an issue to begin with.

But she's not guilty of being of disloyal to Kyle. If anything, the claims of Brandi not being loyal to Kyle pretty much support that she's the only one who isn't two-faced. She said Kyle and her were not friends, but that didn't deter her from acknowledging the good Kyle had done. That's more or less a separate issue from her pointing out where she got the "Lisa used to live in the Valley" claims when pressed for where she got that (mis)information.

I just find people's hatred of Brandi so all-consuming sometimes that they want to pin her for things that she isn't really guilty of. In this case, she was guilty of carelessly and pointlessly repeating incorrect information and trying to shame what she thought was the truth out of Lisa. But if anything, I think she's the least two-faced of the BH HWs. She might not be BFFs with Kyle, but she wasn't going to pretend that Kyle hadn't helped her out. If she dislikes someone, Brandi will more than let you know. If anything, her problem is that she's a little too in-your-face when she has an issue with someone.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 2

Brandi has always been jealous of what Kyle has- a successful husband in the marriage, business, and fatherhood.  Kyle has a successful business and a great relationship with her nieces and nephews and in-laws.  I honestly believe that is why Brandi continually goes after JR from Mauricio's office-she wants her own Mauricio.   Since the apology after game night Kyle has been very good to Brandi and Brandi keeps wanting to insert herself between Kyle and Kim.  Never has  Brandi acknowledged Mauricio and Kyle's marriage in a positive way.  She will go on forever about Ken and Lisa and David and Yolanda but never Kyle and Mauricio.  To do so would be to admit that Kyle has something she cannot obtain.  After Mauricio apologized at the Reunion -Brandi-the woman who told him the STFU, Dude, and was lying through her teeth about being sued, went on to disparage Mauricio.  Why the Umanskys keep giving Brandi second chances is beyond me. 

I am hoping that this season it is that they, as well as Ken and Lisa are done with the attention seeking famewhore-who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it slapped her in the face.

There have been rumors since this show started that Mauricio has a wandering eye.  Kyle's behavior at the White Party season 1 toward that woman that was too close to Mauricio bespeaks of a woman a little too suspicious and jealous.  Camille was very snarky about Mauricio and the nannies.  And Kyle said something about her nanny moving out in the middle of the night season 1.  Then last year's transgender! cheating scandal- lol.  Mauricio is a little too smarmy and slick.  He and Kyle seem to have a solid marriage, but fidelity might not be a requirement for her so long as she doesn't see/know of the cheating.  Maybe Brandi isn't jealous of that relationship for a reason.  I don't see Ken cheating at his age. He simply adores Lisa.  David I could see cheating.  He's more her king than she is his queen.  She basically guilted/shamed him into staying with her by bringing her lyme struggle to television.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 4

Let's be real here, Brandi deserves to be taken to task for running with gossip and making a bigger deal out of something that was never an issue to begin with.

But she's not guilty of being of disloyal to Kyle. If anything, the claims of Brandi not being loyal to Kyle pretty much support that she's the only one who isn't two-faced. She said Kyle and her were not friends, but that didn't deter her from acknowledging the good Kyle had done. That's more or less a separate issue from her pointing out where she got the "Lisa used to live in the Valley" claims when pressed for where she got that (mis)information.

I just find people's hatred of Brandi so all-consuming sometimes that they want to pin her for things that she isn't really guilty of. In this case, she was guilty of carelessly and pointlessly repeating incorrect information and trying to shame what she thought was the truth out of Lisa. But if anything, I think she's the least two-faced of the BH HWs. She might not be BFFs with Kyle, but she wasn't going to pretend that Kyle hadn't helped her out. If she dislikes someone, Brandi will more than let you know. If anything, her problem is that she's a little too in-your-face when she has an issue with someone.

I guess I don't see how Brandi was not throwing Kyle under the bus when she said the information about Ken and Lisa came from Kyle. Was she trying to make her look good, or help along the limping friendship between Lisa and Kyle? I don't think so. She was being called a liar and because of this she threw out Kyle's name. She wanted to take some of the heat off of herself and knew that saying this would put Kyle under fire. I can see no other way to view her behavior.

My point is that this is what Brandi does. I don't like her, but I don't believe that it is any all-consuming hate that makes it easy to draw these conclusions. Just a few examples:

- when questioned about the surrogacy deal she threw out Geneva Wasserman's name

- when questioned about the bankruptcy she threw out Kyle's name

- when she gets pissed at Adrienne for not paying attention to her she reveals private things Adrienne told her about Lisa

- when she gets pissed at Lisa for ignoring her she tells Kyle things that Lisa supposedly did (about the tabloids)

- when called out by Joanna on WWHL she throws Mohammad under the bus by saying that he said Joanna's pussy smells

- when she is mad at Joyce at the SUR dinner, she throws out the name - on camera - of two mutual friends who have said bad things about Joyce to bolster her argument that she is attention seeking

- she throws Camille under the bus in Vegas

These are all things that Brandi has done to others, which she says is being a "truth cannon".

Important to also note that two members of this cast had major tabloid stories being reported about them during last season. Kyle with the Mauricio stuff and Brandi with the stories (and pictures) of her stumbling around drunk with her ass revealed and her tampon string hanging out. Brandi decided to broach Kyle's issues on camera, which was hurtful to Kyle. Just a month later Brandi's story came out and Kyle didn't say "boo" about it on camera. The others didn't either, but it would have been great pay back if Kyle would have casually said "so Brandi, how are you dealing with all of these tabloid stories of your drunken behavior". She didn't, which means she is a better person than Brandi and a better person than me.

• Love 10

Don't you realize that Brandi's husband cheated on her years ago? That gives her a pass to do whatever she wants to whomever she wants for the rest of her life.

I loved how Joyce handled her last season. Brandi's not used to people calmly and eloquently calling her on her b.s. Brandi hurled every possible insult she could at Joyce from her ethnicity to her marriage. How dare she say that Joyce should just sit back and take her abuse because her husband was rich. Then have the nerve to say the only reason Joyce married Michael was so he could make her a star. She was so jealous of Joyce she couldn't see straight.

I was furious with the kid glove treatment Brandi received from the other castmembers to Andy at the reunion. No wonder Brandi and Kim are BFFs. They have the same victim complex.

• Love 13

Brandi has always been jealous of what Kyle has- a successful husband in the marriage, business, and fatherhood.  Kyle has a successful business and a great relationship with her nieces and nephews and in-laws.  I honestly believe that is why Brandi continually goes after JR from Mauricio's office-she wants her own Mauricio.   Since the apology after game night Kyle has been very good to Brandi and Brandi keeps wanting to insert herself between Kyle and Kim.  Never has  Brandi acknowledged Mauricio and Kyle's marriage in a positive way.  She will go on forever about Ken and Lisa and David and Yolanda but never Kyle and Mauricio.  To do so would be to admit that Kyle has something she cannot obtain.  After Mauricio apologized at the Reunion -Brandi-the woman who told him the STFU, Dude, and was lying through her teeth about being sued, went on to disparage Mauricio.  Why the Umanskys keep giving Brandi second chances is beyond me. 

I am hoping that this season it is that they, as well as Ken and Lisa are done with the attention seeking famewhore-who wouldn't know a hard day's work if it slapped her in the face.

I recently watched a few episodes of the second season and in the Malibu Beach Party episode Brandi is drunk for pretty much the entire time and she has a conversation with Kyle and another friend where she's telling the friend how great the Kyle/Mauricio marriage is. She talks about Mauricio being attractive as well and Kyle then has a TH where she says (paraphrasing) "Thanks for the compliments but easy on the hot husband talk. **hiss**"

I've definitely felt the vibe that Brandi is jealous of the Umansky relationship in that she'd like to have something like that for herself.

As far as a reconciliation between Brandi and Adrienne---IDK I basically feel like I'm being reminded all over again of how stupid Adrienne can be. It also makes me think that she wasn't as hurt by the surrogacy reveal as she made it out to be. She probably wants to be back on the show because she does seem to want some degree of fame just as the other women do. I don't agree with Brandi on much but I do agree with the comment she made about fame being one of the few things a person can't always buy and that Adrienne essentially wanted her piece.

If Adrienne is willing to make it up with Brandi after she made it seem like Brandi tried to "destroy" her family and that Brandi contributed to their divorce--I feel like that makes her seem desperate almost like she feels like she thinks she has to play nice with Brandi because Brandi has (most unfortunately) cemented her status on this show.

I wonder what it would take to get Brandi ousted from the show? She gets so much negative feedback but it's like Bravo doesn't care because she'll do anything to bring attention and so called drama, she doesn't even seem to care much if it makes her look bad. Brandi rarely seems to think about the long-term consequences of her behavior.

I really want the show to dump her already.

• Love 4

I recently watched a few episodes of the second season and in the Malibu Beach Party episode Brandi is drunk for pretty much the entire time and she has a conversation with Kyle and another friend where she's telling the friend how great the Kyle/Mauricio marriage is. She talks about Mauricio being attractive as well and Kyle then has a TH where she says (paraphrasing) "Thanks for the compliments but easy on the hot husband talk. **hiss**"

I've definitely felt the vibe that Brandi is jealous of the Umansky relationship in that she'd like to have something like that for herself.

As far as a reconciliation between Brandi and Adrienne---IDK I basically feel like I'm being reminded all over again of how stupid Adrienne can be. It also makes me think that she wasn't as hurt by the surrogacy reveal as she made it out to be. She probably wants to be back on the show because she does seem to want some degree of fame just as the other women do. I don't agree with Brandi on much but I do agree with the comment she made about fame being one of the few things a person can't always buy and that Adrienne essentially wanted her piece.

If Adrienne is willing to make it up with Brandi after she made it seem like Brandi tried to "destroy" her family and that Brandi contributed to their divorce--I feel like that makes her seem desperate almost like she feels like she thinks she has to play nice with Brandi because Brandi has (most unfortunately) cemented her status on this show.

I wonder what it would take to get Brandi ousted from the show? She gets so much negative feedback but it's like Bravo doesn't care because she'll do anything to bring attention and so called drama, she doesn't even seem to care much if it makes her look bad. Brandi rarely seems to think about the long-term consequences of her behavior.

I have come to the conclusion that Andy/Bravo love the more controversial HW's the most. As long as viewers are talking about them, they keep them and as long as they don't go against the producers, like Jill Z did, they are gold to Andy/Bravo.

I was surprised that Andy brought Adrienne back but in a way it is his revenge on her. She quit and said she would never come back but here she is and I doubt that Andy asked her back, I suspect that Adrienne approached him/producers first. It had to burn her butt that Paul's show was a hit so she decided to come back to redeem herself to the viewers now that Brandi's fan base has shrunk.

• Love 3

I am guessing but I bet Adrienne has a couple of non-important appearances.  I know she has a party but I doubt we will see much of her.

I have come to the conclusion that Andy/Bravo love the more controversial HW's the most. As long as viewers are talking about them, they keep them and as long as they don't go against the producers, like Jill Z did, they are gold to Andy/Bravo.

That seems pretty likely.

There was some talk about the drama wives in the OC threads, specifically about Tamra Barney and how she might have been fired after the most recent season due to some online shenanigans. Now, it appears she's still on the RHOC cast, and a lot of speculation is that, despite whatever much-hated antics she might be up to on-screen or online, she's reportedly/generally pretty agreeable with production. She shows up on time, doesn't make too many requests, and of course, she makes plenty of waves among the other wives for the producers/editors to use.

I think the producers are probably pretty forgiving about the most hated HWs, so long as they create/instigate storylines and don't become a bee in the production's bonnet. I'm guessing Aviva Drescher probably fucked herself over not by being dramatic on the show (I totally think they're all in on it together to a large extent), but by ditching all the HW vacations and pissing off the other wives as a result-- trying to get paid for doing less work, essentially.

• Love 3

I have come to the conclusion that Andy/Bravo love the more controversial HW's the most. As long as viewers are talking about them, they keep them and as long as they don't go against the producers, like Jill Z did, they are gold to Andy/Bravo.

I was surprised that Andy brought Adrienne back but in a way it is his revenge on her. She quit and said she would never come back but here she is and I doubt that Andy asked her back, I suspect that Adrienne approached him/producers first. It had to burn her butt that Paul's show was a hit so she decided to come back to redeem herself to the viewers now that Brandi's fan base has shrunk.

Andy goes with whatever will make the ratings tick.  I believe Adrienne when she said she had told production that she would not be at the Reunion because of the court ordered gag order surrounding her marriage and children.  I think Andy was posturing and kept the others in the dark.  It was so dramatic.

I think Adrienne is on to promote her new hangover cure.  To me, Adrienne is all about her business all the time.  I would be interested in seeing what boy toy she is dangling from her arm these days. 

• Love 1

I have a theory that the insightful posts and popular opinions expressed on TWOP and PTV are not on par with casual viewers. I have several friends, aquaintances, coworkers who think I'm insane when I voice opinions discussed here at the forums. A good example is Caroline Manzo on RHONJ. I despise her and her family and many posters, not all, feel similar towards Caroline. That said, I've yet to come across a "real life" RHONJ viewer that dislikes Caroline. In fact, two of my friends say Caroline is their favorite housewife of all time. I suspect that TWOP and PTV posters take a deeper look into their favorite shows than the average viewer.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 7

Don't you realize that Brandi's husband cheated on her years ago? That gives her a pass to do whatever she wants to whomever she wants for the rest of her life.

I loved how Joyce handled her last season. Brandi's not used to people calmly and eloquently calling her on her b.s. Brandi hurled every possible insult she could at Joyce from her ethnicity to her marriage. How dare she say that Joyce should just sit back and take her abuse because her husband was rich. Then have the nerve to say the only reason Joyce married Michael was so he could make her a star. She was so jealous of Joyce she couldn't see straight.

I was furious with the kid glove treatment Brandi received from the other castmembers to Andy at the reunion. No wonder Brandi and Kim are BFFs. They have the same victim complex.

No truer words were ever written.  Somehow it became the responsibility of the entire cast to see that Brandi's post divorce days were on the yellow brick road.

I have never gotten what Joyce did that set her apart from any other RH as far as wanting attention.  I can think of about 125 things that Brandi has done both on and off the air that indicate she wants the show all about her.

I have a theory that the insightful posts and popular opinions expressed on TWOP and PTV are not on par with casual viewers. I have several friends, aquaintances, coworkers who think I'm insane when I voice opinions discussed here at the forums. A good example is Caroline Manzo on RHONJ. I despise her and her family and many posters, not all, feel similar towards Caroline. That said, I've yet to come across a "real life" RHONJ viewer that dislikes Caroline. In fact, two of my friends say Caroline is their favorite housewife of all time. I suspect that TWOP and PTV posters take a deeper look at their favorite shows than the average viewer.

I am surprised who the mainstream media is attracted to and who viewers are drawn to it rarely reflects what I read on the boards.  Even Bravo Andy seems to cherry pick viewer comments.

Caroline only lost out to Shannon Beador in the E! All-Time Favorite Housewife I was shocked Caroline made to the final eight.  I feel the same way about Nene-I don't think she is all that and I find her so incredibly abrasive but everyone seems to think she is fabulous.

I think there is very little danger of Brandi ever being a fan favorite.

• Love 4

I was watching the S4 reunion today and I'd forgotten the little gem about Brandi accusing Joyce of marrying her husband for money because he wasn't good looking enough. Such a gross thing to say. Not the marrying for money part, I think all of these ladies are at best 1/2 gold digger, but the implication that only beautiful people are worthy of love. I wish Joyce had handled it differently and instead of getting into a debate about Michael's looks(because, eye of the beholder and not important) pointed out how sad it is that Brandi thinks money and looks are the only two traits that matter in people. It's stuff like that that makes me wonder how anyone can stand her company, even for the show. She's just nasty.

Oh and did Andy call her out for setting a new low for shallow housewife behavior? Of course not.

• Love 7

That seems pretty likely.

There was some talk about the drama wives in the OC threads, specifically about Tamra Barney and how she might have been fired after the most recent season due to some online shenanigans. Now, it appears she's still on the RHOC cast, and a lot of speculation is that, despite whatever much-hated antics she might be up to on-screen or online, she's reportedly/generally pretty agreeable with production. She shows up on time, doesn't make too many requests, and of course, she makes plenty of waves among the other wives for the producers/editors to use.

I think the producers are probably pretty forgiving about the most hated HWs, so long as they create/instigate storylines and don't become a bee in the production's bonnet. I'm guessing Aviva Drescher probably fucked herself over not by being dramatic on the show (I totally think they're all in on it together to a large extent), but by ditching all the HW vacations and pissing off the other wives as a result-- trying to get paid for doing less work, essentially.

They fire housewives when they a.) have boring, repetitive, or dour story-lines or b.) piss off production, not for c.) causing unnecessary drama. If Tamra Barney was really not fired from RHOC for exposing production's heavy hand on the Internet, it means that even breaking the fourth wall (to some degree) is not an uncrossable line for Bravo.

Danielle Staub - who was nutty as a fruitcake - was not fired from RHONJ, even though she brought the criminal Danny Provolone (or whatever his name was) on the show and filed a criminal charge against Jacqueline's daughter. Had Danielle not quit, she would have been on RHONJ until her story-lines became truly repetitive and uninteresting. Brandi would have to pull an Adrienne or Aviva and try to get around the terms of her contract/threaten legal action against Bravo, or completely cease offering anything new (like Jacqueline on RHONJ) to be fired. I think Brandi follows orders from production pretty closely, so the former is unlikely to happen.

Does anyone know if Taylor was fired or quit, or quit in anticipation of being fired after Season 3? Ditto with Camille.

They fire housewives when they a.) have boring, repetitive, or dour story-lines or b.) piss off production, not for c.) causing unnecessary drama. If Tamra Barney was really not fired from RHOC for exposing production's heavy hand on the Internet, it means that even breaking the fourth wall (to some degree) is not an uncrossable line for Bravo.

Danielle Staub - who was nutty as a fruitcake - was not fired from RHONJ, even though she brought the criminal Danny Provolone (or whatever his name was) on the show and filed a criminal charge against Jacqueline's daughter. Had Danielle not quit, she would have been on RHONJ until her story-lines became truly repetitive and uninteresting. Brandi would have to pull an Adrienne or Aviva and try to get around the terms of her contract/threaten legal action against Bravo, or completely cease offering anything new (like Jacqueline on RHONJ) to be fired. I think Brandi follows orders from production pretty closely, so the former is unlikely to happen.

Does anyone know if Taylor was fired or quit, or quit in anticipation of being fired after Season 3? Ditto with Camille.

I always think it's a sliding scale. Like you can get away with breaking the fourth wall or holding up production if you bring in the ratings and the bucks. But is you commit a sin and you're not bringing in money? Bye, bye!

Not sure with Taylor. I always guessed there may have been legal issues with her that Bravo wanted to avoide. Private stuff with Russels estate or something that could hold up potential footage. Camile I think just turned dull after the breakup so she had to go.

• Love 2

I always think it's a sliding scale. Like you can get away with breaking the fourth wall or holding up production if you bring in the ratings and the bucks. But is you commit a sin and you're not bringing in money? Bye, bye!

Not sure with Taylor. I always guessed there may have been legal issues with her that Bravo wanted to avoide. Private stuff with Russels estate or something that could hold up potential footage. Camile I think just turned dull after the breakup so she had to go.

I think you're right about this. I do think there are a few inexcusable sins - threatening legal action against Bravo if Bravo doesn't do X is one, as Adrienne must have. But generally, if your diva behavior is backed up by ratings and popularity (or at least notoriety), you're safe. I imagine Bravo producers and executives must have conversations like so in a boardroom somewhere in Midtown....

Producer 1: "Everyone hates Brandi."

Producer 2: "But do they love to hate Brandi, or do they just hate Brandi?"

I think if anything kills Brandi, it will be due to repetitive storyline or lack of storyline. Brandi always has the same "poor me" schtick. She seems to antagonize everyone on this season save Kim and Yolanda, from the previews alone, and has antagonized Lisa to the point that Lisa won't bother with her anymore. Having no friends can be a death knell on these franchises. If she has no one to film with, she will have no storyline. I'd give it a 45%-30%-25% chance that she comes back as a full-time housewife, is fired, or demoted to a friend/recurring guest next season.

I actually found this story about Brandi revealing Taylor was fired - http://www.realitytea.com/2013/06/12/did-brandi-glanville-reveal-that-taylor-armstrong-was-fired-from-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/. Not that Taylor is such a peach, but we can add that to the list of Brandi's mean-spirited revelations. My suspicion about Taylor is that Bravo probably strongly considered firing her after Season 2, but felt the need to keep her on in Season 3 because a.) They would look terrible, since Taylor was broke and her husband had just killed herself and b.) They felt her story arc needed to be completed. As I've said, Taylor served Brandi's role as the shit-stirrer before Brandi. The latter is a technological improvement. Instead of Taylor's volatility, she stirs shit with almost industrial acuity. Season 3 was over-stuffed (with 7 full-time wives and 3 friends of), and Taylor's story got lost in a season focused on Kyle, Lisa, Brandi, and Adrienne. Whenever she was on screen, she was doggedly trying to maintain her relevance by shifting the topic to her desperate and dour financial, legal, and personal situation. Taylor had very few talking heads to explain her shifts of opinion on the other women. She then essentially "completed her arc" by moving to Colorado with her lawyer-husband. She probably anticipated that she wouldn't be asked back.

My issue with Brandi is that she's not a villain or even really an antagonist, she's just a provocateur (as I explained up-thread.) She's too whiny, self-pitying, and eager to justify her actions on a moral basis to be a really good reality TV villain. Good reality TV villains are either "in on the joke" of being the villain - and end up ultimately making their self-righteous co-stars unravel and look bad - like Kenya on RHOA, or revel so much in their delusion - like Camille on Season 1 of RHOBH or Sheree in early seasons of RHOA or Danielle on RHONJ - that they are entertaining. Brandi is just an annoyance who flaps her jaw whenever the producers ask.

• Love 3

Tonight on WWHL Camille, Adrienne and Taylor couldn't come up with nice things to say about Brandi for Andy's game plus when asked if Lisa should be friends with her they all said no. Pretty telling for this point in the RHoBH season. Andy was really setting up the marginalization of Brandi.

• Love 7

I think the recipe for being asked back each season is pretty simple. If you have a valid storyline which involves others in the cast, said storyline is interesting to the audience, and don't fuck around too much with production, you are good to go. 

I think that the biggest sin that can happen to anyone is for their story to be marginalized and not inclusive with the other ladies. Taylor had basically nothing to do with the other ladies by S3. She was just there to scream about how Adrienne had bitched "friends don't sue friends", and yet according to liar Brandi, was suing a friend. That was pretty much all she had to say in S3. Carlton had nothing going on except her ridiculous one-sided feud with Kyle. She hardly engaged with anyone else in the cast except as an occasional prop for Brandi or Lisa. Same with Joyce. She was nice enough, but outside of her issues with Brandi, there was nothing much there. 

I don't think that Adrienne was fired, nor do I think that Adrienne threatened to sue the network in the sense that some think she did. Adrienne made it clear in early interviews she did when she started that part of her contract was that her children were not to be included in the the show. I think that when the reveal happened it was more than likely about Adrienne reminding the network that they couldn't show any of the footage they had shot of Brandi throwing up private information all over the table at SUR, since it violated  her contract.  I would be willing to bet that Bravo tried to talk her into letting them show what they had, but that Adrienne and Paul wouldn't budge.  For sure Adrienne wasn't fired. I don't think there is any question that Adrienne would have been back for S4. With the whole divorce deal and the residual damage from the surrogacy reveal, they would have wanted Adrienne back bad. She quit the show when she decided to not come to the reunion. 

• Love 5

Brandi has said recently that she will never marry again. 

She says that as a pre-emptive strike against people like me who say, "WHO would ever marry that mess?"  Sure Eddie did, but that was before the trash was completely out of the bag.

I don't believe for a minute that Brandi wouldn't re-marry if she found a wallet to ride - like Taylor and Laurie did. 

• Love 8

I think the recipe for being asked back each season is pretty simple. If you have a valid storyline which involves others in the cast, said storyline is interesting to the audience, and don't fuck around too much with production, you are good to go. 

I think that the biggest sin that can happen to anyone is for their story to be marginalized and not inclusive with the other ladies. Taylor had basically nothing to do with the other ladies by S3. She was just there to scream about how Adrienne had bitched "friends don't sue friends", and yet according to liar Brandi, was suing a friend. That was pretty much all she had to say in S3. Carlton had nothing going on except her ridiculous one-sided feud with Kyle. She hardly engaged with anyone else in the cast except as an occasional prop for Brandi or Lisa. Same with Joyce. She was nice enough, but outside of her issues with Brandi, there was nothing much there. 

I don't think that Adrienne was fired, nor do I think that Adrienne threatened to sue the network in the sense that some think she did. Adrienne made it clear in early interviews she did when she started that part of her contract was that her children were not to be included in the the show. I think that when the reveal happened it was more than likely about Adrienne reminding the network that they couldn't show any of the footage they had shot of Brandi throwing up private information all over the table at SUR, since it violated  her contract.  I would be willing to bet that Bravo tried to talk her into letting them show what they had, but that Adrienne and Paul wouldn't budge.  For sure Adrienne wasn't fired. I don't think there is any question that Adrienne would have been back for S4. With the whole divorce deal and the residual damage from the surrogacy reveal, they would have wanted Adrienne back bad. She quit the show when she decided to not come to the reunion. 

I have asked a lawyer about why Adrienne would have had a legal leg to stand on regarding Bravo in a lawsuit. Since the information regarding Adrienne's surrogacy was revealed to Brandi by a third party (Geneva Wasserman) with whom Adrienne had a prior confidentiality agreement, Adrienne's agreement with Geneva superseded her contract to Bravo. The Bravo contracts dictate a.) that any "embarrassing" information from her past could come up on the show and b.) that she would be indemnified up to $50,000 if she sued Bravo or another cast member. Bravo could be argued (rightly) to have perpetuated a separate breach of confidentiality by airing Brandi's information about her surrogacy. Bravo's lawyers probably compromised with Adrienne by excising mention of the surrogacy-reveal. I do think it's likely Adrienne was fired either for simply threatening legal action if Bravo did air the surrogacy-reveal, or for revealing her surrogacy to the tabloids while preventing Bravo from airing it on the show (which to Bravo, was stealing money from their pockets.)

Adrienne also may have refused to show up for the reunion, knowing she would be conclusively fired for breach of contract, as a "Fuck You" to Bravo. If she and Paul had an injunction against talking about their children or marriage publicly at the time the 4th Season was filming, it would have meant Adrienne would have had a lot to work around plot-wise. It's probably true that she would have quit had she not been fired (or vice versa), so the result is the same, whatever exactly happened.

I should have prefaced this by saying I think Adrienne was definitely the wronged party, not Brandi, Geneva, or Bravo, in Surrogacy-Gate. I don't mean this as a defense of Brandi. I'm in total agreement with the rest of your post, though - especially in terms of what it takes to get your contract renewed. To return to the original topic of this discussion, for Brandi to be fired - which most of us want - she would have to be pretty marginalized by the rest of the cast and lacking any other storyline. Since her purpose there is to aggravate everyone, this would not be hard to achieve.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

Interesting watching Part 3 of the Season 4 Reunion and then the premiere of Season 5.  I just think that Brandi doesn't get that in the real world-very few people will fire or demote an existing employee because years ago they had an affair with a new friend's ex husband.  For Brandi to hope for a massive swelling of fan support over such an idea that Lisa would fire Scheana is laughable.  At some point Brandi needs to step into the real world.  Seeing her skulking in the background complaining how she was the outsider defined her immaturity.  It seems just last season Lisa, Yolanda and Brandi were busy trying to isolate Kyle from the group.  She was asked to dance with the others and refused-why I don't know but if her goal was to make me believe she couldn't because of Lisa V.-I am not buying it.

Could it be that the RHOBH have outgrown Brandi's antics? 

• Love 4

Interesting observations of why Brandi just doesn't work anymore on RHOBH:  http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-season-5-premiere-white-party.html

Re: the pictures of Brandi: She's turned herself into a cartoon character with plastic cat features. It's a shame, because she was a strikingly beautiful woman in her teens and twenties - with a statuesque, planar face, almond eyes, naturally full lips, and a crystalline jaw line. She was good-looking in an unconventional way, like many models - not this hyper-feminized kewpie doll. See the following pictures: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/04/article-2551609-1B316A1D00000578-984_634x829.jpg, http://starcasm.net/wp-content/themes/vanity/thumbnail.php?src=http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Brandi-Glanville_Twitter_TN1.jpg&h=200&w=165&zc=1

I'm happy Brian Moylan is still writing on RHOBH. He hit the nail on the head with Brandi: as a 42-year old woman, revealing your friend's private reproductive information because you're irritated with her and then expecting to apologize and "move forward" is BS. His analogy was perfect - it's not like she's a 6-year old girl who hit her brother on the head with a stick. There are certain things that you can't expect people to forgive.

• Love 1

I think Drunk Otis Brandi is not at all sincere when it comes to forgiveness. It is just another ploy. I don't believe for one second she is ever sorry for what she says or does. She is always on the defense. Being self-centered is what she is good at.

Only if it benefits her or if she is pushed into making amends by Lisa, for example, does she then utters those words "I'm sorry". Hell, she couldn't wait to being her bitter, bitchy self two seconds after apologizing to Joyce at Lisa's house for her behavior.

• Love 3

Re: the pictures of Brandi: She's turned herself into a cartoon character with plastic cat features. It's a shame, because she was a strikingly beautiful woman in her teens and twenties - with a statuesque, planar face, almond eyes, naturally full lips, and a crystalline jaw line. She was good-looking in an unconventional way, like many models - not this hyper-feminized kewpie doll. See the following pictures: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/02/04/article-2551609-1B316A1D00000578-984_634x829.jpg, http://starcasm.net/wp-content/themes/vanity/thumbnail.php?src=http://starcasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Brandi-Glanville_Twitter_TN1.jpg&h=200&w=165&zc=1

I'm happy Brian Moylan is still writing on RHOBH. He hit the nail on the head with Brandi: as a 42-year old woman, revealing your friend's private reproductive information because you're irritated with her and then expecting to apologize and "move forward" is BS. His analogy was perfect - it's not like she's a 6-year old girl who hit her brother on the head with a stick. There are certain things that you can't expect people to forgive.

So happy that Brian is back recapping the BH show.  No one gets to the heart of it the way he does, although I could do with a little less "Lisa Love" from him. Otherwise, he is perfection. 

• Love 1

I think Drunk Otis Brandi is not at all sincere when it comes to forgiveness. It is just another ploy. I don't believe for one second she is ever sorry for what she says or does. She is always on the defense. Being self-centered is what she is good at.

Only if it benefits her or if she is pushed into making amends by Lisa, for example, does she then utters those words "I'm sorry". Hell, she couldn't wait to being her bitter, bitchy self two seconds after apologizing to Joyce at Lisa's house for her behavior.

Are any of them?  Really  I am thinking about their apologies across the HW board.  Maybe Shannon Beador has issued an honest apology.  Kyle is the queen of "But's that's how I feeeeel."  Lisa "I was only joking..."  Yolanda, "I just wanted to have a conversation of how I wanted you to be my friend when I was sick, but now I know you were busy opening Pump so let's move on."  Kim "Turtles, I'm working hard on my recovery."

• Love 6

My issue with Brandi is that she's not a villain or even really an antagonist, she's just a provocateur (as I explained up-thread.) She's too whiny, self-pitying, and eager to justify her actions on a moral basis to be a really good reality TV villain. Good reality TV villains are either "in on the joke" of being the villain - and end up ultimately making their self-righteous co-stars unravel and look bad - like Kenya on RHOA, or revel so much in their delusion - like Camille on Season 1 of RHOBH or Sheree in early seasons of RHOA or Danielle on RHONJ - that they are entertaining. Brandi is just an annoyance who flaps her jaw whenever the producers ask.

I agree with this assessment. Brandi is starting to remind me of Alex McCord on RHONY. She's searching for relevance in this group, and she doesn't have the cache to piss everyone off and expect that they'll make up with her the way we see Lisa and Kyle's endless argument/faux-apology tour. And there isn't enough ownership of her actions for her to be the villain, either. It's just uncomfortable to watch.

She's a little too prone to exaggeration and easily the "victim" to really be a "truth cannon" or a Greek chorus (a la Bethenny in the early seasons of RHONY). I do think there's more often than not a grain of truth to what she says; she's the only one of this group who doesn't care about airing their warts. Quite literally, in this case... I actually DO think the other HWs lie and evade the truth just as much Brandi (if not more than her), but then she exaggerates and/or isn't articulate enough when explaining herself that the original point is lost in all the dramatics.

• Love 2

If Brandi could be the woman she was when she took Kyle's side during Carlton's "Don't you dare command me!" tirade all the time, she would be great. But those flickers of being an actual cool person have grown fewer and farther between, unfortunately.

• Love 5

I like the idea of a Brandi "type" in theory, especially on the BH edition of HWs. These women need a broke bitch who can call them out on their faux pearl-clutching and point out how elitist many of them are, especially with their selective outrage at vulgarity/impropriety. (Kyle is usually the biggest offender of the hypocritical pearl-clutching, IMO, even more than Yolanda.)

That being said, Brandi just isn't any good at being the Beverly Hillbilly of the group anymore. You really can only last as the "outsider" on a HW show for 1-2 seasons, then after that you kind of need to assimilate or you're toast. Or you're Kim Richards.

• Love 5

If Brandi saying they edited in the sound of the slap is blaming editing, then she is probably right.  Bravo does that type of stuff all the time.  Like making it seem like a HW can hear a conversation of other HWs when there is no way she can.  I think at Kyle's lollipop fundraiser, we were led to believe that Brandi could hear them all cackling about her on her wedge high heel and crutches, but Brandi probably couldn't hear them at all.  And Ramona throwing the wine glass at Kristen had the similar sound effect.  

That slap looked pretty staged and ineffective.  Michael K has it on a loop on dlisted.  I thought for sure Brandi was reenacting something for Lisa.  It's hard for me to believe it would have that loud of a sound.  We have seen Kim and Adrienne and Paul up in Brandi's face and Brandi has shown physical restraint - not verbal. I don't see her slapping Lisa in anger.  If that behind-the-scenes video that someone posted above from Amsterdam with Brandi saying to Lisa she was joking was about the slap?  Then that makes a lot more sense given what I saw on the trailer.

• Love 2

I like the idea of a Brandi "type" in theory, especially on the BH edition of HWs. These women need a broke bitch who can call them out on their faux pearl-clutching and point out how elitist many of them are, especially with their selective outrage at vulgarity/impropriety. (Kyle is usually the biggest offender of the hypocritical pearl-clutching, IMO, even more than Yolanda.)

That being said, Brandi just isn't any good at being the Beverly Hillbilly of the group anymore. You really can only last as the "outsider" on a HW show for 1-2 seasons, then after that you kind of need to assimilate or you're toast. Or you're Kim Richards.

If only Brandi could stick to calling out the faux pearl clutchers and stop with the "poor me" crap every. five. seconds. The poster above that mentioned Brandi's lying and carrying on about being sued kindly reminded me why I dislike Brandi and want her off my screen. I also wouldn't call Brandi poor. Poor people don't have money to pump their face full of fillers and botox every three months. Well, maybe 6 to 9 months between filler injections. She should blame her own vanity for taking food from her kids mouths.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 4

That slap looked pretty staged and ineffective.  Michael K has it on a loop on dlisted.  I thought for sure Brandi was reenacting something for Lisa.

The first time I saw the slap, it was without sound, and I agree. It looked like a stage slap or a re-enactment. Nothing more than a tap.  Then, when I saw it on Bravo, I was surprised at the loud "slap" sound.  The force did not match the sound at all.

• Love 2

How long do we have to wait to see Brandi's little "love pat" on the show?  At the time that I saw it on the preview video a couple of weeks ago, I almost laughed over the "fakeness" of it!  At the same time that it amused me, it also slightly angered me.  I watch this show to see the glamor that is Beverly Hills, and this type of violence is something I would expect from the RHONJ.  Sleazy!  I'm sure the slap was producer- driven to start a little fight going.  Still, it doesn't fit the image of BH to me.

Brandi is the one that the producers and writers always seem to call on to do the dirty deeds, but I think that's because she leads a raunchy lifestyle, so you might say it's her fault.  I think it would be interesting to have Lisa or Kyle haul off and slap someone, just to see the audience reaction.  I'm pretty certain that the viewers would be stunned.  Coming from Brandi, it's not so surprising. 

• Love 1

I'm starting to think "The Slap" is going to end up being a non-starter like "The Leg Toss" of New York. It seems designed to keep us watching all season just to see how it happened and what the reaction was afterward. I also suspect it will be as big a let down as "The Leg Toss" was. In other words, faked, staged, and ridiculous.

• Love 7

Andy said that Teresa was the easiest HW to work with.  I bet Brandi is probably like Teresa in that she does what the producers ask.  "Go over and tell Lisa how you feel about her from last season."  "Tell Joyce to go swimming."  "Go over and congratulate Scheanna on her engagement."  Brandi does everything.  But unlike Teresa who is more robotic and unthinking, Brandi resents doing it later and then goes on twitter rampages or seeks revenge.

I'm starting to think "The Slap" is going to end up being a non-starter like "The Leg Toss" of New York. It seems designed to keep us watching all season just to see how it happened and what the reaction was afterward. I also suspect it will be as big a let down as "The Leg Toss" was. In other words, faked, staged, and ridiculous.

I don't think so because unlike the NYC women who just laughed off Aviva and her antics, Lisa takes it seriously and uses it as the straw that breaks the camel's back and on WWHL said that it was the reason that she finally cut ties with Brandi because "Brandi got physical."  Boo hoo.  I smell a drama queen.  Lisa had no real intention of ever really becoming friends with Brandi again.  She and Ken were done with Brandi even before Puerto Rico - Ken admitted that they were pulling away because they didn't like her behavior.  Brandi just gave them the ammo to do it publicly.  Now with the slap, they have another public reason.  They should all just admit it has been OVER and move on.  Enough with the stupid pretense.  Brandi needs to get over them.  I am sick of this storyline.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 2

Andy said that Teresa was the easiest HW to work with.  I bet Brandi is probably like Teresa in that she does what the producers ask.  "Go over and tell Lisa how you feel about her from last season."  "Tell Joyce to go swimming."  "Go over and congratulate Scheanna on her engagement."  Brandi does everything.  But unlike Teresa who is more robotic and unthinking, Brandi resents doing it later and then goes on twitter rampages or seeks revenge.

I don't think so because unlike the NYC women who just laughed off Aviva and her antics, Lisa takes it seriously and uses it as the straw that breaks the camel's back and on WWHL said that it was the reason that she finally cut ties with Brandi because "Brandi got physical."  Boo hoo.  I smell a drama queen.  Lisa had no real intention of ever really becoming friends with Brandi again.  She and Ken were done with Brandi even before Puerto Rico - Ken admitted that they were pulling away because they didn't like her behavior.  Brandi just gave them the ammo to do it publicly.  Now with the slap, they have another public reason.  They should all just admit it has been OVER and move on.  Enough with the stupid pretense.  Brandi needs to get over them.  I am sick of this storyline.

I actually don't think Brandi is that easy to work with from Bravo's standpoint. She might do what they say on the show, but outside of the show I think she makes their life a nightmare. She said last year after she revealed the salaries of the HW's on the Howard Stern show that she got yelled at from pretty much everyone at Bravo. Additionally she said she was assigned a Bravo Staffer that had to attend every interview she did. She said at the time this was a first for Bravo. I read an interview she did last week where the reporter noted that the Staffer was still in attendance making sure Brandi didn't say something she wasn't supposed to.  I also don't think they like Brandi reminding the audience of the fact that Lisa is the EP of Vanderpump Rules, and therefore in a position of power. When she was pissed at Lisa for using Scheana as a server last year, Lisa tried to take the heat off of herself and blamed production (something Lisa doesn't generally do).  Brandi pointed out that Lisa is production and has more than enough sway at the network to not have had her there if she wanted. I have to think that Bravo would prefer those conversations to not be aired publicly. 

Completely agree that Lisa and Ken never had any real intention of making up with Brandi. They realized she was trash last year but didn't want to be accused of dropping her simply because she was a mess.  Now they can say it was because of they way she has treated them. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I'm.thinking Lisa made nice with Brandi cause they were coworkers..and I did read an article where Brandi had a gathering at her new rental...and Lisa/ken came... there were no.blow ups..both were civil and both said they were still trying to regain friendship. This was during the time.when everyone.was.being.polite.and.not fighting.

My guess is Brandi was told to amp.drama since she had nothing interesting going.on...and perhaps the slap was one step to far especially if Lisa was not made aware of it being a set up.ahead of time. So when Lisa says the friendship.is done...she means any sort of cordial working.relationship since the friendship died in season 4...imho

• Love 1

So when Lisa says the friendship.is done...she means any sort of cordial working.relationship since the friendship died in season 4...imho

That's the way I see it. I don't think Lisa was ever going to be friends with Brandi, but decided to be cordial.  Something must happen this season to make Lisa realize even being cordial toward Brandi isn't possible.

• Love 1

They realized she was trash last year but didn't want to be accused of dropping her simply because she was a mess.  

I think the Todd's realized she was trash from the very git.  They've been around the block enough times to recognize spoiled, pretty, little social-climber-wannabes when they see one.  But Lisa needed Brandi as a mouthpiece and a foil.  What better time to publically denounce her than once the tampon string left the building.

They picked the perfect time to dump her - right when anybody in their right mind would have dumped her.  They were sure the public would side with them.

• Love 1

I think I may have little respect for the person who wrote this, just based on her lack of knowledge about the English language.  Specifically, this nice example here:  "Brandi also went on to say that despite everything the two have went through...."  lol

I'm finally beginning to see Lisa in a different light.  For the first few seasons, I loved Lisa and would have eagerly pointed to her as the "leader" of this group and the one with the most class.  I am beginning to see now, however, that Lisa is just as capable of wallowing in the mud as any of the others are.  She is growing insanely richer in her association with BRAVO, but I'm beginning to regard it as cheap money, the kind that anyone could have if they're willing to sink low enough.  She simply can't be the sophisticated "English lady" that I first thought she was if she cares so little about her reputation.  The same holds true for the Richards sisters and the rest of the cast.  I think this is why I'm feeling more and more distanced from this show and from BRAVO in general. 

There is no redeeming character on this show anymore.  For a while, it was Lisa, but now there is no one who is "nice," who can balance out the bad girls.  The show has become ALL BAD, and Lisa has gone in the same direction as the rest of them, whether she decided to or whether the producers insisted on it.  Either way, the original Lisa is nowhere to be found except in the cesspool where the rest of them are.

I see the hiring of Brandi as the turning point.  Before that, we were largely entertained by rich ladies and their wardrobes, their houses, their tea parties, etc.  After Brandi was brought in, everything changed, and now even Lisa has changed, too.  The saying goes that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  That's what BRAVO has done to us, IMO.  They lured us to the show, and by golly, I'm drinking it! 

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

The trailer is out for Celebrity Apprentice, as are several spoilers.  I won't reveal how well they say Brandi does for anyone that doesn't want to know, but the spoilers fit with what was reported this summer.  It starts on January 4th. 

Where can I find these spoilers?  I haven't heard anything that was reported about Brandi this summer but I'd like to know.  Hopefully it's not anything good.  I can't stand that chick!

• Love 1