Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

How sad for Daddio.  I keep thinking he is not all that much older than his progeny.

I think Daddio was about 5 - 7 years older than Giggy but I am not positive. Lisa/Ken rescued him just like they did Giggy, had they not he would have been euthanized. They gave him a wonderful few years full of love/attention.

• Love 3

I think Daddio was about 5 - 7 years older than Giggy but I am not positive. Lisa/Ken rescued him just like they did Giggy, had they not he would have been euthanized. They gave him a wonderful few years full of love/attention.

I knew you knew the history and pedigrees.  I am glad Giggy's dad is a little older than I thought.  I think it will be very hard on Ken when his time comes.  A very cute breed.

I knew you knew the history and pedigrees.  I am glad Giggy's dad is a little older than I thought.  I think it will be very hard on Ken when his time comes.  A very cute breed.

I agree, Giggy's death will be very hard on Ken and Lisa. As much as I do believe they love ALL their animals, Giggy holds a special place with both of them, more like a child than a furbaby.

• Love 4

I can't find the article but Pandora would have been about 16 and Max 12.  It details the Todds return to the UK after the 1989 earthquake which took out 4 of their 5 pizzas restaurants in LA.  I believe they sold their UK restaurants for 15 million pounds.  The article talks about Lisa being a Baywatch babe.

• Love 1

I can't find the article but Pandora would have been about 16 and Max 12. It details the Todds return to the UK after the 1989 earthquake which took out 4 of their 5 pizzas restaurants in LA. I believe they sold their UK restaurants for 15 million pounds. The article talks about Lisa being a Baywatch babe.

Do you mean the 1994 Northridge earthquake? The big 1989 quake happened in the San Francisco Bay Area and wouldn't have impacted any LA restaurants.

• Love 1

Do you mean the 1994 Northridge earthquake? The big 1989 quake happened in the San Francisco Bay Area and wouldn't have impacted any LA restaurants.

As I was reading it I was thinking that we had our big quake here in the Bay Area in '89.

I don't remember one in the LA area the same year.

OOps wrong year thanks for the correction.  It was the Northridge earthquake.

• Love 1

Anyone else watching the E! series "The Royals"? They did a great bit of stunt casting by having Joan Collins play the mother of Elizabeth Hurley (the Queen) in a couple of episodes. They should create for Lisa V. a small walk-on role as Elizabeth Hurley's older sister. If I were Lisa I'd have my agent on that double-quick!

• Love 5

Lisa opens her make up bag for us.    I did something I never do which is buy a product based on what a celebrity recommends.  After years of loyalty to Marcelline Great Lash mascara (available at a supermarket or drug store near you)  I ordered the Lancome mascara Lisa said she uses.  I  love the look she gets with her eye makeup that seems to work for both night and day.

• Love 3

Lisa opens her make up bag for us.    I did something I never do which is buy a product based on what a celebrity recommends.  After years of loyalty to Marcelline Great Lash mascara (available at a supermarket or drug store near you)  I ordered the Lancome mascara Lisa said she uses.  I  love the look she gets with her eye makeup that seems to work for both night and day.

Yes Definicils is great for daytime.

• Love 2

The Todd's career history is building a restaurant or bar, and its following and then selling it. 

They've been successful dozens of times in Europe doing this. Sometimes is takes awhile to find the right buyer.

Have eaten at Villa Blanca a few times. Have a salad I like. Other Items questionable sometimes. 

I've eaten there twice! I liked it! 

• Love 1

But isn't she usually wearing false eyelashes?

• Love 3

I honestly am impressed and mystified that Ken made tens of millions of dollars from restaurants. Isn't that an insanely competitive industry?

Yes it is!  It is the hardest business to make money doing. Fail rate is around 95%. We have owned buildings that restaurants were in. Sold the last one in 2008. You should see how filthy they are when the restaurants move out. lol 

They also owned the buildings these places were in when they lived over seas. So they also made money off the buildings when businesses were sold.  

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 1

So I'm sitting here watching a Netflix dvd, The Rolling Stones:  Total Satisfaction, and towards the end there's this bit about Bill Wyman the bass player getting married.   It was the late '80s and Wyman was in his 50s and his bride was 19 years old (eye roll).  Anyway they have footage of the wedding, the whole Rolling Stones band was there, and who was front and center on the dance floor?  Fucking Ken!  Lisa was nowhere to be seen but there was Ken looking exactly like he does now, (Rinna double bird).  I think Ken really is cool and if he doesn't take any shit from these women I can't blame him.

• Love 12

And incredibly obvious ones at that?

2reo9s8.jpg

29c0z9j.png

Interesting looking room behind her.

Re the interesting room behind her. Kyle said the production sends in a team to stage the room for the talking heads. So I imagine that was sent up to look a certain way and then everything was returned to its usual place. I really notice this background change for Eileen's THs because the room looks great and not like her usual decor.
  • Love 4

I got the impression that the rooms were staged and tidied up for continuity purposes, ie. Lisar always wears that red dress, and always has the pink backlighting in her hair. I wouldn't think that extends to totally redressing a room, let alone redressing a room with heavy statues and crap on pedestals. Lisa's house is glitzy like a disco ball already

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

That video that someone posted about the all-day shootings of the talking heads was so informative.  Where is that video anyway?  On BRAVO? 

They don't just add a few flowers, they completely move furniture into other rooms, change drapes, black out windows, basically make their homes into sets for the day, with all the lights/cameras/sound/action that entails.  That was fascinating.

• Love 3

That video that someone posted about the all-day shootings of the talking heads was so informative.  Where is that video anyway?  On BRAVO? 

They don't just add a few flowers, they completely move furniture into other rooms, change drapes, black out windows, basically make their homes into sets for the day, with all the lights/cameras/sound/action that entails.  That was fascinating.

That's how I remember it too.
  • Love 1

Lisa Vanderpump is an attractive woman, in dire need of a makeover! Those half sets of false eyelashes she wears drive me crazy, and she needs a new hairstyle. A shoulder length blunt cut would be so fresh and cute on her, along with more natural style makeup. Villa Blanca has had a few health code violations in the past, and has been up for sale several times- haha, with Hilton and Hyland, NOT Mauricio! I used to like Ken, but find him tres annoying now. He seems grumpy and feeble, and the ridiculous forced clips of him exerting his powerful influence into conversations, and at Sur on vanderpump Rules, only make him seem irrelevant and out of touch. I'd love to get a look at the Vanderpump/Todd household staff payroll to see just how many employees it takes to care for their small home zoo of animals. The amount of dog crap alone must be astounding!

• Love 5

I agree that Lisa, her home and that tacky restaurant, she cannot sell, are not current or appealing to what is going on now in decor and personal style.  The British are not known for their good taste.   Hideous old fashion heavy, Hogwart decor abounds. And the food is terrible.     

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I just rewatched the last episode.  Lisa saying Jiggy looks sexy reminded me of Austin Powers.  I think she and Ken are just throwbacks with the sexy stuff.  She does need a makeover.  Love the thought of Ken hanging out with the Stones.  ITA that the ladies are all onto something she doesn't want discussed.  Whether it is a scandal or just the old lawsuit, who knows? But they are afraid enough of her not to just outright say it.

• Love 3

I just rewatched the last episode.  Lisa saying Jiggy looks sexy reminded me of Austin Powers.  I think she and Ken are just throwbacks with the sexy stuff.  She does need a makeover.  Love the thought of Ken hanging out with the Stones.  ITA that the ladies are all onto something she doesn't want discussed.  Whether it is a scandal or just the old lawsuit, who knows? But they are afraid enough of her not to just outright say it.

Rather than scandal I think it is just family strife with her kids, businesses etc.  Kyle lamented that her family business was out for all to see but no one else's private life was talked about.  I think she was referring to Lisa and Ken keeping a tight lid on problems.  They work at keeping up a proper appearance.  They don't talk about their son and I think there may be issues there.   It isn't because they love him less as some have speculated.  Just stuff, really.  I don't sense scandal.  

• Love 3

Rather than scandal I think it is just family strife with her kids, businesses etc.  Kyle lamented that her family business was out for all to see but no one else's private life was talked about.  I think she was referring to Lisa and Ken keeping a tight lid on problems.  They work at keeping up a proper appearance.  They don't talk about their son and I think there may be issues there.   It isn't because they love him less as some have speculated.  Just stuff, really.  I don't sense scandal.  

Very few of these HWs bring up any of their OWN troubles ON camera themselves, it is usually done by one of the other HWs talking to another HW about the "troubled" HW or like Lisa did this past episode to Eileen, face to face. That none of them bring up anything personal about LisaV is on the other HWs, not Lisa/Ken and maybe that there isn't anything earth shattering going on in their personal lives that hasn't been reported on in the tabloids already. AND, most of the HWs don't go after the others children, spouse or legal problems on camera either, well, except for maybe Kim and Brandi that is.

• Love 3

One of the funniest (saddest) things is the 'charity work' that lisa does for the various causes she champions. Way back in the first two seasons, LVP threw a FR for a girl who suffered from burns she suffered in a DV case. Lisa did a talking head piece where she stated the girl suffered the burns "after she was asked out". Huh?

Ever since then, I have noticed that all of her fund raisers are these over-the-top productions with gaudy decorations and gobs of those FN pink roses.

My question is how much of the production is she able to write off as charity and how much is actually raised for each cause?

-----

I think that her poor dog suffers from having his follicles worn down from all the stupid outfits she put on him. That dog has hair on it's head and legs - no sign of alopecia there.......I don't mind putting a costume on a dog for a photo or joke, but my heart breaks when I see that poor dog waddling about looking like it took a dump in it's pants.

And please don't start me on owning swans and small horses. I cannot imagine the problems they have with feces on the property. Birds tend to poop all over the place and the places they swim get rather dirty very quickly. Horse poop tends to pile up rather quickly and requires immediate attention/disposal. But it is kind of funny to picture Ken walking about with a broom and a scooper, cursing about all the crap he had to pick up?

• Love 2

One of the funniest (saddest) things is the 'charity work' that lisa does for the various causes she champions. Way back in the first two seasons, LVP threw a FR for a girl who suffered from burns she suffered in a DV case. Lisa did a talking head piece where she stated the girl suffered the burns "after she was asked out". Huh?

Ever since then, I have noticed that all of her fund raisers are these over-the-top productions with gaudy decorations and gobs of those FN pink roses.

My question is how much of the production is she able to write off as charity and how much is actually raised for each cause?

-----

I think that her poor dog suffers from having his follicles worn down from all the stupid outfits she put on him. That dog has hair on it's head and legs - no sign of alopecia there.......I don't mind putting a costume on a dog for a photo or joke, but my heart breaks when I see that poor dog waddling about looking like it took a dump in it's pants.

And please don't start me on owning swans and small horses. I cannot imagine the problems they have with feces on the property. Birds tend to poop all over the place and the places they swim get rather dirty very quickly. Horse poop tends to pile up rather quickly and requires immediate attention/disposal. But it is kind of funny to picture Ken walking about with a broom and a scooper, cursing about all the crap he had to pick up?

Sometimes in tribal Muslim cultures if a woman refuses male advances he feels justified in throwing acid on her, burning her, etc.  Also if a woman is raped in these cultures she may be arrested and when released killed by a male relative to restore the family "honor".  I believe Lisa was fundraising for one of these victims.  As far as Giggy goes, alopecia can result in patchy baldness not necessarily total baldness.  He has very sensitive skin that needs to be protected from light IIRC.

• Love 8

The Lancôme mascara is worth every penny! I have also used Maybelline great lash since I was a teen (I'm 48) and still use it for everyday, especially in the summer. I wear the Definicils for the weekends or when I know I'm going out. If you research mascaras you will see it is always one of the top rated picks...

I agree with the need for a make over (actually, make under) for LVP. Season 1 she looked so much fresher. She had that shoulder length haircut and it didn't look like she messed with her lips like she does now. She looks so much better when she's wearing casual clothes or business attire. She looks fantastic in pencil skirts or even just jeans. She loses it when she gets all dolled up. Sometimes I think I'm watching an Austin Powers movie when Lisa, Ken and Giggy are all decked out in pink and purple Ruffles!!

• Love 8

Sometimes in tribal Muslim cultures if a woman refuses male advances he feels justified in throwing acid on her, burning her, etc.  Also if a woman is raped in these cultures she may be arrested and when released killed by a male relative to restore the family "honor".  I believe Lisa was fundraising for one of these victims.  As far as Giggy goes, alopecia can result in patchy baldness not necessarily total baldness.  He has very sensitive skin that needs to be protected from light IIRC.

Thanks for clarifying that, she was pretty vague in the TH segment and I watched that epi a few times to get the gist of what exactly the FR was for - I remember her fussing over the flower arrangements and thinking that the money spent on dying flowers would have been better used in another way?

The reason I questioned the dog's alopecia is from looking at the "world's ugliest dog contests"!! They seem to be able to strut without too many outfits?

Thanks for clarifying that, she was pretty vague in the TH segment and I watched that epi a few times to get the gist of what exactly the FR was for - I remember her fussing over the flower arrangements and thinking that the money spent on dying flowers would have been better used in another way?

The reason I questioned the dog's alopecia is from looking at the "world's ugliest dog contests"!! They seem to be able to strut without too many outfits?

Giggy has other health problem, not just Alopecia. Lisa had him to the vet in season 1 when they almost lost him back then, She went into more detail about his other health issues, he is on several medications. Most breeders, 99%, would have put Giggy down as a pup, he was very lucky that Ken/Lisa found and saved him. That they also went back and saved Daddio, Giggy's sire, which says a lot about their commitment to their animals and animal rights. 

• Love 5

Giggy has other health problem, not just Alopecia. Lisa had him to the vet in season 1 when they almost lost him back then, She went into more detail about his other health issues, he is on several medications. Most breeders, 99%, would have put Giggy down as a pup, he was very lucky that Ken/Lisa found and saved him. That they also went back and saved Daddio, Giggy's sire, which says a lot about their commitment to their animals and animal rights. 

Thanks for the info. That is interesting that they would stress an ill dog by dressing it up in costumes every day. He doesn't seem like the kind of dog that would be left to run around ourside or exposed to much sunlight. I have a 16 year old cat that, when he was younger, I would put some kind of costume on for a holiday photo. As he got older, I figured that he's earned the right to be left alone and he pretty much does what he wants.  In the past he traveled with us, but now we find that he's better off being boarded, than dragged about?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 1

Thanks for the info. That is interesting that they would stress an ill dog by dressing it up in costumes every day. He doesn't seem like the kind of dog that would be left to run around ourside or exposed to much sunlight. I have a 16 year old cat that, when he was younger, I would put some kind of costume on for a holiday photo. As he got older, I figured that he's earned the right to be left alone and he pretty much does what he wants.  In the past he traveled with us, but now we find that he's better off being boarded, than dragged about?

I think a lot of Giggy traveling has to do with the Alopecia Foundation events that Lisa/Ken are invited to and according to this group, Giggy helps kids with Alopecia feel better about themselves. Also, many magazines and TV interviews request that Lisa bring/include Giggy and she does so because of the Alopecia group, Giggy is seen as an ambassador of sorts for them. At home, Giggy gets around in soft onesies similar to a baby's onesie, he is only in costumes for special events and even then, his costumes are made from soft breathable materials. Yes, they do treat Giggy like a human baby but in part it is because of his health, the other is that they think of him as a sick child, their sick child and pamper him as much as possible. Again, had Lisa/Ken not rescued him as a pup he would have been put down and they are doing everything to keep him happy and as healthy as possible so I can't judge them lacking OR wrong as Giggly is still alive despite the deck being stacked against him from the get go and that is due in very large part to Lisa's/Ken's devotion to him. Also, Giggy is NOT old, he is middle aged for his breed/size.

• Love 10