Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

I think it was very nice of Camille to tweet, but I guess I am old school in that I prefer the women who were legitimate friends of Lisa's, at least at one point, (like Kyle) reach out privately (if one or the other). Tweeting is nice for those who are fans or not close to Lisa. If you've been friends with someone for many years, not just "work friends," I think you need to truly be there.

If I were Kyle, I'd do my best to reach out to her, send her flowers, do whatever I can to show her I care and am there for her. When you really care about someone, you feel their pain. Lisa lost her only sibling in an incredibly shocking way only around a year ago. I don't know if her father is still alive. She may have lost all her immediate childhood family in such a short time span. 

I like to think out of the saddest, darkest moments, there's always something good that comes out of them. A lot of times tragedies bring people together. Lisa was never really close with most of the cast members, but I think she genuinely cared about her friendship with Kyle. They were friends prior to the show. She seemed really hurt by Kyle and Taylor getting close all of a sudden, and I think she even called Kyle her "best friend" season 1 when discussing being replaced by Taylor. Unlike Kyle, Lisa didn't grow up in the US, has no sisters, I think she cared about their friendship a lot more. 

One of the reasons I like Kyle is that I see this really sensitive, maternal side to her. I just wish she'd show more of this side to Lisa.

I understand if Lisa felt too hurt by the ladies this season to not care too much one way or the other if they reach out. I've been there when a friend has hurt me too much and there's not a whole lot that can be done to repair the friendship. But I think the nice thing to do would be to reach out anyway, let her know you're there for her, and let EVERYTHING go. Nothing can done about the reunion because it's already been filmed, but I hope the shady things all the ladies have been saying back and forth in interviews and on social media stop. It's bad enough they dropped the ball being good friends when she lost her brother. They cannot change the way they treated Lisa last year, but if any of them ever cared about Lisa as anything more than a coworker, I expect them to do a whole lot more than a social media post. They could apologize for not being there for her last year, and let her know they will be there for her now. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, langford peel said:

You are dealing with the old way of doing things.  You think they should send an telegram? 

In this age of social media and instant communication you must tweet out and mention it on Facebook or Instagram. These are public figures. Performers who rely upon the goodwill of the audience. Yes it is a performance to make them look good. If they petulantly refuse they look bad. Very bad. 

A telegram with condolences written in iambic pentameter would be lovely.  And not even Lisa could complain about the effort put into it.

Anyway, I don't think poorly of people not choosing to exploit someone else's loss to make themselves look good.  That's just how I roll.

And common etiquette embraces the still-in-use technology of cards, visits or phone calls. Other formats like emails or texts are becoming more popular but they aren't pushing out more long standing approaches which would likely be more embraced by these women who are older than I am.

• Love 5

When you go to a viewing at a funeral home there is a book at the back of the room. You are supposed to sign in with your name and address even if you brought a Mass card or a sympathy card. In the midst of the confusion and grief you might not realize that someone genuinely tried to express their condolences.

Do you really think that Rinna cares about Lisa or Lisa’s grief? The POS who tweeted out a photo of a cupcake covered in pills after her brother died in drug overdose? Do you really think the supremely self-involved Kyle Richards really cares when she replied to Lisa’s expression of pain and grief with a petulant “I have problems too Lisa.” Do you think Dorito, Teddi or the ice cold Erika give a shit about Lisa?  I don’t. Not for one minute. They will be quiet for a week but will be back bashing her at the reunion and on their blogs and on social media. The proof will be evident in the next few weeks. Watch and see.

I hope we can believe the evidence of our lying eyes instead of the fantasy construct that these women are decent human beings.

• Love 15

I'm very sorry to hear that Lisa's mom has passed, and so soon after her brother.  So hard for Lisa to deal with all of that.  Losing a parent is never easy, especially hard when unexpected, and even moreso within a year of losing her brother.  Lisa is going to be very distraught for a long while.

I am truly hoping that Kyle and Lisa can renew their friendship.  The first step is Kyle's.  She needs to basically show up at Lisa's door, and bang on it until Lisa lets her in.  She needs to stand there while Hanky and Panky squawk and hiss at her while Lisa contemplates letting her in.  She needs to be a REAL friend to Lisa - be there for Lisa as a shoulder to cry on, if Lisa needs it or sit there and listen to Lisa scream at the unfairness of life.  She needs to sit there, with her mouth closed, arms open and let Lisa vent or grieve - without giving comparisons in her own life.  She needs to tell Lisa that she is sorry for believing the other women, and she hopes that they can repair their friendship.  That is the only thing that can repair this friendship, imo.

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, langford peel said:

When you go to a viewing at a funeral home there is a book at the back of the room. You are supposed to sign in with your name and address even if you brought a Mass card or a sympathy card. In the midst of the confusion and grief you might not realize that someone genuinely tried to express their condolences.

Do you really think that Rinna cares about Lisa or Lisa’s grief? The POS who tweeted out a photo of a cupcake covered in pills after her brother died in drug overdose? Do you really think the supremely self-involved Kyle Richards really cares when she replied to Lisa’s expression of pain and grief with a petulant “I have problems too Lisa.” Do you think Dorito, Teddi or the ice cold Erika give a shit about Lisa?  I don’t. Not for one minute. They will be quiet for a week but will be back bashing her at the reunion and on their blogs and on social media. The proof will be evident in the next few weeks. Watch and see.

I hope we can believe the evidence of our lying eyes instead of the fantasy construct that these women are decent human beings.

I don’t know if you are a friend of Lisa’s, you seem very hurt and terribly bitter on her behalf but maybe you underestimate Lisa’s self respect and awareness. I don’t know her but she appears to be a woman who is pretty switched on to the vagaries of the women in this fake group on a fake reality show.  I’d take a guess that, if she was desperate or in emotional turmoil, the very last people she would turn to are the likes of Rinna or Erika or Kyle. I’m sure she knows who she can trust with her deepest emotions. 

Just my take on it. Hope I haven’t offended you.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I think it was very nice of Camille to tweet, but I guess I am old school in that I prefer the women who were legitimate friends of Lisa's, at least at one point, (like Kyle) reach out privately (if one or the other). Tweeting is nice for those who are fans or not close to Lisa. If you've been friends with someone for many years, not just "work friends," I think you need to truly be there.

I like to think out of the saddest, darkest moments, there's always something good that comes out of them. A lot of times tragedies bring people together. Lisa was never really close with most of the cast members, but I think she genuinely cared about her friendship with Kyle. They were friends prior to the show. She seemed really hurt by Kyle and Taylor getting close all of a sudden, and I think she even called Kyle her "best friend" season 1 when discussing being replaced by Taylor. Unlike Kyle, Lisa didn't grow up in the US, has no sisters, I think she cared about their friendship a lot more. 

I find the whole social media situation to be strange.  I'm not a person who posts a bunch about my life in general, when my biological father died, I didn't post about it.  I found it awkward when people posted condolence messages on my facebook page.  I didn't want a billboard out there for the world to see, you know?  

On the other hand, I'm a private citizen.  I think when you're someone who lives your life in a public way, as Kyle, LVP and the others on the show do, that changes how you respond.  While I'd normally send a private message to a friend, call them, show up, send flowers, etc, I think if that person was someone that you were in a joint "public" life with, you pretty much have to do both.  If an occasion is acknowledged publicly, you end up looking strange for not also acknowledging it publicly, even if you did it privately.  So whether it's the birth of a child or the death of a parent, you would visit, send gifts, etc, but also make that public response.  It's just part of the game they play being public figures.

I would like to think that Kyle would be able to step outside of what she sees as herself being wronged and reach out to LVP.  Kyle has lost her mother.  She knows LVP just lost her brother and should at least be able to recognize that LVP spent a lot of the last year in pain, whether she thinks it's deserved or not.  I have a few people I'm really not a fan of and if I never had to see again, I'd be cool with that.  But I can say that when they lost a close loved one, I did genuinely feel for them.  I know what it's like and no matter who you are, it hurts and you feel alone.  I don't want anyone to go through that, whether I like you or not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I think it will be very telling that the knuckleheads on Vanderpump Rules will be much more respectful and caring than the worthless bitches of RHOBH.

When James Kennedy and Kristen Doute are more compassionate then you then I think you might want to take stock in your life.

• Love 12
(edited)

I think that the issue around personal vs social media messages of sympathy is interesting as it demonstrates the sincerity or non sincerity of genuine friendship.

If a close friend of mine experiences a loss, I am going to call them and speak directly to them to express my sympathy. Likely be in close and frequent contact regarding how they are doing.

If it's a person who is not really that close, but someone who I interact with regularly like a business associate or colleague, or a friend within my circle of  close aquaintances, I would send a text and a card.

Social media expressions are nice but not so meaningful.

If the relationship is outside of either of those, I would consider a facebook or twitter message suffice.

I think I need to hold off on my judgement of Kyle and the gang's appropriateness regarding their support of LVP until I know for sure who called, texted, posted or just ignored the situation.

ETA: If I expressed my sympathy in a personal manner instead of in a public way via social media I believe that I would not be judged harshly for that by a true friend.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am truly hoping that Kyle and Lisa can renew their friendship.  The first step is Kyle's.  She needs to basically show up at Lisa's door, and bang on it until Lisa lets her in.  She needs to stand there while Hanky and Panky squawk and hiss at her while Lisa contemplates letting her in.  She needs to be a REAL friend to Lisa - be there for Lisa as a shoulder to cry on, if Lisa needs it or sit there and listen to Lisa scream at the unfairness of life.  She needs to sit there, with her mouth closed, arms open and let Lisa vent or grieve - without giving comparisons in her own life.  She needs to tell Lisa that she is sorry for believing the other women, and she hopes that they can repair their friendship.  That is the only thing that can repair this friendship, imo.

Yes, this is what I wish would happen. 

19 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I think that the issue around personal vs social media messages of sympathy is interesting as it demonstrates the sincerity or non sincerity of genuine friendship.

If a close friend of mine experiences a loss, I am going to call them and speak directly to them to express my sympathy. Likely be in close and frequent contact regarding how they are doing.

If it's a person who is not really that close, but someone who I interact with regularly like a business associate or colleague, or a friend within my circle of  close aquaintances, I would send a text and a card.

Social media expressions are nice but not so meaningful.

If the relationship is outside of either of those, I would consider a facebook or twitter message suffice.

I think I need to hold off on my judgement of Kyle and the gang's appropriateness regarding their support of LVP until I know for sure who called, texted, posted or just ignored the situation.

ETA: If I expressed my sympathy in a personal manner instead of in a public way via social media I believe that I would not be judged harshly for that by a true friend.

All this. I totally get where the posters are coming from regarding these women being public figures. It's true their circumstances are different than the average person, but I don't want to judge them yet because of the possibility of them reaching out privately. Andy Cohen got heat for not tweeting, but he said he spoke with Lisa and she told him herself to not say anything. 

• Love 3
On 6/21/2019 at 6:56 AM, SweetieDarling said:

From the other side of the same end of the pool, I saw this exchange a bit differently. I thought Rinna was trying to bait LVP to say she was upset with Dorit about the puppy dumping. I also thought LVP realized this and did not want to bite, so she tried to think of something else. The first thing she could think of was the note. I think she thought once she made her trivial complaint, Erika might offer the standard "I'm sorry you feel that way", they could drop it and move on to the next person. But, no. Erika had to get offended by something said in the depths of mourning while trying to fend off an attack from Rinna, and make a thing out of it.

If LVP had said she was good with everyone and had no complaints, they'd have jumped all over her with "Just be honest". They were so determined to take her down, there was nothing she could say or do that they wouldn't (didn't) use against her.

So, it's Lisa Rinna's (and the other women's) fault that LVP criticized Erika's condolence card?

• Love 3
On 6/21/2019 at 11:11 AM, RealHousewife said:

Nothing can done about the reunion because it's already been filmed, but I hope the shady things all the ladies have been saying back and forth in interviews and on social media stop.

Actually, yes, there is something that can be done about the reunion.  Andy could edit the stupidity down, recall the ladies and let them discuss this event.  He won’t because it is not what Bravo considers good TV.  He and Bravo are as much to blame for this character assassination, here and on the other shows.  

• Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

So, it's Lisa Rinna's (and the other women's) fault that LVP criticized Erika's condolence card?

No, not at all. I think LVP, on the spot, trying to avoid puppygate, thought of the card thing. Not a good choice, and not a nice thing to say, but I give her half a pass for her state of mind and not wanting to take the obvious bait. Erika could have issued the standard non-apology and let it slide, but that wasn't on the agenda, and that's not how HWs role. jmo

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, b2H said:

Actually, yes, there is something that can be done about the reunion.  Andy could edit the stupidity down, recall the ladies and let them discuss this event.  He won’t because it is not what Bravo considers good TV.  He and Bravo are as much to blame for this character assassination, here and on the other shows.  

I was talking about the other ladies. They can't take back what they said at the reunion even if they wanted to. I agree that production isn't that kind. If they were, they would have allowed Lisa to take a year off in the first place, per her request. 

I don't know if any of the other ladies ever asked for them to work around special circumstances or if they were plain uncomfortable to do so because they knew what the answer would be. Eileen Davidson lost her mother right before the reunion and showed up. Maybe she has that "show must go on" work ethic, but also possible she knows exactly how Bravo treats its employees. LVP is like the little darling of Bravo and they told her she had to work per her contract, never mind that she told them she wasn't ready to film. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, izabella said:

Didn't Yolanda appear only briefly during one reunion because of her fake Lyme disease (which was really depression that her marriage was failing)?

Yes, she did.  Don’t know about depression that her marriage was failing though, more like cogs in the wheel of a long term manipulation. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, gritz said:

Damn. Lisa's had a rough couple of years, what with losing two dogs, her brother, and now her mother.

That's one of the reasons I empathize with her.  In the space of 7 years, I lost 6 beloved cats and my dear Mum, who was the only person who ever truly knew me and loved me .  One hardly has time to process one loss before another one hits, and it is devastating.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

That's one of the reasons I empathize with her.  In the space of 7 years, I lost 6 beloved cats and my dear Mum, who was the only person who ever truly knew me and loved me .  One hardly has time to process one loss before another one hits, and it is devastating.

Big virtual hug walnutqueen. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I always love you Walnut Queen. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Didn't Yolanda appear only briefly during one reunion because of her fake Lyme disease (which was really depression that her marriage was failing)?

I actually believe her about Lyme. The reason she wasn't getting better was because she had a 20-year-old breast implant that leaked. Unfortunately it took awhile to find this out. That's why the poor thing was so sick and not getting better despite all the treatments she had. I think once she had the implants removed, she finally started to feel like herself. A lot of women experience terrible symptoms due to breast implants, at least the silicone ones. Depression, menopause, her marriage falling apart, I'm sure none of that helped. I don't blame the women for being confused and wondering if there was a misdiagnosis, but I 100% believe Yolanda was truly struggling. 

1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm so sorry Walnutqueen. *big hug* 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, b2H said:

This is exactly right. They can edit out the worst LVP bashing and not pile on to someone devastated by grief.

But as you have said that is not Bravo’s way. They go as low as they can. As an Andy is lower than whale shit.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, b2H said:

This is exactly right. They can edit out the worst LVP bashing and not pile on to someone devastated by grief.

But as you have said that is not Bravo’s way. They go as low as they can. As an Andy is lower than whale shit.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

So sorry, walnutqueen.  You are among friends here.  You Got a Friend in Me

Awww - you made me smile with a Randy Newman song, @ChitChat!  So sweet.

@langford peel - that is so very nice of you.  Now, please go back to being a total snark and make me laugh, GODDAMMIT!!!

I'd like to think I'm a low-rent LVP, what with the critters & all.  She has manicured dogs (and grounds) white ponies, and pristine moats with lovely swans; I have a pool swamp and an overgrown backyard jungle with semi-feral cats, wild birds, possums and raccoons.  Kindred spirits.

(cool baby raccoon story to come in Small Talk).

• Love 15
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

An "anonymous" letter was sent to the cops informing them of a corpse at Susan Berman's home (she was Robert Durst's best friend).  The envelope was addressed to the cops with "Beverly Hills" spelled incorrectly as "Beverley Hills", just like another writing of Robert Durst (and maybe using his preferred green ink, too - I don't recall).

1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

It was one where Stephanie Pratt was out to dinner with some bland dude and they ran into Brody Jenner's mom and Maybe Taylor.

Thank you for the info! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

Awww - you made me smile with a Randy Newman song, @ChitChat!  So sweet.

@langford peel - that is so very nice of you.  Now, please go back to being a total snark and make me laugh, GODDAMMIT!!!

I'd like to think I'm a low-rent LVP, what with the critters & all.  She has manicured dogs (and grounds) white ponies, and pristine moats with lovely swans; I have a pool swamp and an overgrown backyard jungle with semi-feral cats, wild birds, possums and raccoons.  Kindred spirits.

(cool baby raccoon story to come in Small Talk).

I don't have a cool song from YouTube to link (cause I'm a tech moron 😁) but you know I'm close by and I am true to my word! 💞

Now... How to make you laugh? That's a tall order. I think I can do it though after a few martinis!

I often wonder who these women have in their lives as true friends. We know Kyle has the morally corrupt Faye Resnick LOL! But other than that, who does LVP (or any of them) have as a real true friend? Are they all too shallow to form true friendships in their real lives? It just seems so weird that we never see other "friends" featured on the show. Not because those friends want to be hired as cast members, but simply because they are a part of these RH lives. How sad to think these women really DON'T have true female friends. Ok....only sad for a minute!😁

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm going to miss seeing LVP's animals.  Those swans crack me up, especially when they went after Kyle!  The ponies are adorable too.  I'll have to check  her FB or Instagram page for updates on them.  Wouldn't it be lovely to have a moat and own some ducks or swans!  I've just got a small fish pond with mostly frogs in it.  They all sing in chorus at night.  Kind of sounds like the Budweiser frogs out there!    

I'm sure that all of your critters appreciate the sanctuary they have found at your house, walnutqueen!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, langford peel said:

Is Andy on good terms with LVP, or is he mad about her not finishing the season?  From what little I've read, it sounds like he understands her decision, but I really haven't paid much attention to anything he's said about it.  I hope that he won't let the reunion be one big bitchfest about LVP.  That would be boring anyway.  I really don't know what they're going to talk about.  I'll record it, but won't watch it until I check in with you fine folks to see what kind of train wreck it turns out to be. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think we'll get to see some LVP at her home thru Vanderpump Rules. i hope so. I feel sad for her going through so much loss and hurt in a short time. Unfortunately, that is life. We can choose to become stronger from our pain and loss, or weaker.

Edited by chenoa333
To keep the mods happy
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

We can choose to become stronger from our pain and loss, or stronger.

I think that LVP will rebound at some point, but just like everybody else, it will be in her own time.  Everybody grieves differently, but given her nature, I think she will come out the other side a stronger person.  I'm sure she's forever changed by it - especially by her brother's sudden and unexpected death, but I'm hopeful that we'll see her happy again in the near future.  There is a sadness in her eyes and expression.  I know that we've all felt that and have seen it in others.  It'll take some time for her to come to terms with it all.  She really needs to step away from reality TV for awhile.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Many, many hugs @walnutqueen. That’s a lot of loss in a short amount of time 😥

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

There is a sadness in her eyes and expression.  I know that we've all felt that and have seen it in others.  It'll take some time for her to come to terms with it all.  She really needs to step away from reality TV for awhile.

I feel exactly the same way. She needs to step away and take care of herself and her family. I hope she can find peace.

• Love 8

So sorry for such devastating losses, @walnutqueen - not sure of when they all occurred, but from my experience, I know that losing a parent and a 4 legged family member can have residual negative impacts on the psyche, no matter how much time has passed.  Sending positive thoughts your way....

• Love 7

LVP should be as lucky as I am, to have found such supportive and empathetic friends as I have, right here on PTV.  

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming of stiff upper (Botoxed) lip, sly British humor, and wicked snark.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

LVP should be as lucky as I am, to have found such supportive and empathetic friends as I have, right here on PTV.  

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming of stiff upper (Botoxed) lip, sly British humor, and wicked snark.

That's so true.  The kindness and empathy here is outstanding.  I share things about Jim's death that I haven't shared with face to face peeps.

I feel safe and I know at least one of you has gone through it and gets it.

verklempt mike myers GIF

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, dosodog said:

That's so true.  The kindness and empathy here is outstanding.  I share things about Jim's death that I haven't shared with face to face peeps.

I feel safe and I know at least one of you has gone through it and gets it.

verklempt mike myers GIF

Say it with me & Sally Fields : "You like me.  You really like me".  HEE!

But seriously, for one moment ONLY - these ho'wives peeps are remarkable!  I've never experienced so much kindness and acceptance.

We may hate on our least favorite ho'wives, but we lurve each other.

LVP should be so lucky to have friends like y'all.

OK - now I need to say something totally bitchy, lest I lose my ho'wives street cred.

Swans are a very good judge of character, since they're always going after vile Kyle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Lisa Vanderpump always has time for downtrodden and helpless. That is why s why she is tireless in her efforts to save the dogs that are displayed, killed and eaten in China.

Of course you have to be able to empathize and have compassion for the less fortunate creatures in this world to appreciate that.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Lisa Vanderpump always has time for downtrodden and helpless. That is why s why she is tireless in her efforts to save the dogs that are displayed, killed and eaten in China.

Of course you have to be able to empathize and have compassion for the less fortunate creatures in this world to appreciate that.

You don't think doing bum makeovers for a tv show counts as having empathy?

• LOL 11
(edited)

Bum makeovers don’t cut it. Or cheating people out of money by pretending to care about them in order to snare them in a pyramid scheme. Or misappropriating funds meant to run a law firm so you can pat you puss on stage. Or running up gambling debts to the point that you are taking food out of your children's mouths.

You have to have a tiny bit of empathy to not immediately segue from sympathy for someone’s house being destroyed to savagely attacking them for behavior you are guilty of with a pack of rabid bitches. 

You to have a tiny bit of empathy to not relentlessly attack and slander someone who lost much loved family members. It takes a little empathy. More than that it takes a little class. 

You will not see any empathy or class in the rest of the season and you certainly will not see it in the reunion.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 16
(edited)

I do love your justified anger langford peel.  I’d also love to know what else makes you angry, because I’m pretty sure I’d agree with some of that too. 

Edited by Pansy
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Swans are a very good judge of character, since they're always going after vile Kyle.

Maybe they're the reason she didn't want to leave LVP's home after the big confrontation.  She was too afraid that those swans were about to make her go swimming with the fishes!!  Cross the bridge.  I dare you!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, walnutqueen said:

Thank you,  @Pansy@Mindthinkr & @RealHousewife.  I try not to use it to excuse my raging bitchiness, but it has definitely contributed to my inexplicable emotional outbursts at times, and has changed me forever.

That' s my story, and I'm sticking to it!  ;~)

GIANT HUGS!!!!!!

I am not sure what I want as far as LVP returning.  They seem to be fine without her.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am not sure what I want as for as LVP returning.  They seem to be fine without her.  

I think it's gone beyond the point of return for her.  As much as I like LVP, I think she'd be better off focusing on her other endeavors and move on.  I will finish out this season, but will probably quit watching next season depending on who will be on the show.  This show has become stale to me. 

I've grown tired of the scenarios in which they all bitch about one person in the group, then they all apologize, hug & kiss, and pretend like all is well - only to have whatever perceived slight get replayed over and over again.  Certain arguments just never die with this show.  

5 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Has anyone seen any photos of LVP’s Mom ( RIP 💐) ?

I think I saw one posted online somewhere (maybe the People magazine,) but I'm not sure.  Otherwise, LVP has seemed protective of her family.  Maybe she didn't want them to get bothered by entertainment media due to her popularity.  Some of those in that line of business are ruthless in order to get a story, even out of a reality tv star.  

• Love 8
On 6/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, RealHousewife said:

I actually believe her about Lyme. The reason she wasn't getting better was because she had a 20-year-old breast implant that leaked. Unfortunately it took awhile to find this out. That's why the poor thing was so sick and not getting better despite all the treatments she had. I think once she had the implants removed, she finally started to feel like herself. A lot of women experience terrible symptoms due to breast implants, at least the silicone ones. Depression, menopause, her marriage falling apart, I'm sure none of that helped. I don't blame the women for being confused and wondering if there was a misdiagnosis, but I 100% believe Yolanda was truly struggling. 

I'm so sorry Walnutqueen. *big hug* 

I find it quite "ironic" that as soon as she was booted from RHoBH, Yolanda was fine, as are her children leading us to see them ad nauseum.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:50 PM, langford peel said:

Although snark, yelling and general chaos is Andy and Bravo's MO for reunions, it would be nice for Andy to reign in the ladies' (via editing at this point) bitching about Lisa. Lisa is not perfect, we all know that, but she has been a big part of the "Bravo family". To let the ladies continuously bash her when she is not there to defend herself shows that $$$ are what's important to Bravo/Andy more than Lisa. Yes, I know, she could have shown up but would you if you were just going to get attacked and screamed at without being given the chance to reply/defend yourself?

• Love 11
8 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Although snark, yelling and general chaos is Andy and Bravo's MO for reunions, it would be nice for Andy to reign in the ladies' (via editing at this point) bitching about Lisa. Lisa is not perfect, we all know that, but she has been a big part of the "Bravo family". To let the ladies continuously bash her when she is not there to defend herself shows that $$$ are what's important to Bravo/Andy more than Lisa. Yes, I know, she could have shown up but would you if you were just going to get attacked and screamed at without being given the chance to reply/defend yourself?

I have mixed feelings about this.  While I think it would be kinder to spare LVP people being assholes to her while she's grieving the loss of her mother, on the other hand, that's also protecting the people who had absolutely no compassion for her while she was grieving the loss of her brother and struggling with it.  She's been open about how hard it was for her to deal with his loss and how she should have taken the year off from the show to recover.  They didn't give her an inch and instead ganged up and demanded that she bend to THEIR "truth"  Well, why give them the cover now? If they went through with the reunion sticking to their take down, then let it all out, show them for who they are.  Don't give the bitches the chance to pull back their words now, so they can cluck about their care and concern when they didn't have it last year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, smores said:

I have mixed feelings about this.  While I think it would be kinder to spare LVP people being assholes to her while she's grieving the loss of her mother, on the other hand, that's also protecting the people who had absolutely no compassion for her while she was grieving the loss of her brother and struggling with it.  She's been open about how hard it was for her to deal with his loss and how she should have taken the year off from the show to recover.  They didn't give her an inch and instead ganged up and demanded that she bend to THEIR "truth"  Well, why give them the cover now? If they went through with the reunion sticking to their take down, then let it all out, show them for who they are.  Don't give the bitches the chance to pull back their words now, so they can cluck about their care and concern when they didn't have it last year.

I didn’t think of it that way. That’s definitely an interesting perspective. 

One reason I would never sign up for reality TV is I know all they truly care about is the ratings. Season 1, they didn’t have to air what happened in the limo with Kim and out her as an alcoholic. Kyle begged them to take it out, but they didn’t. I guess they wanted to end the season with a bang. I see both sides to this. On one hand this is the entertainment business. They have to bring in ratings. I don’t think someone truly nice is cut out for the job. But on the other hand I do agree there should be limits with what they put their stars through. 

I’m sure Lisa will continue to have the support of the fans when the reunion airs.  That will definitely help deal with hearing any negativity about her from the other ladies. Despite the headaches, she’s also very grateful to Bravo for all the opportunities as a result of being a Housewife.

• Love 6