Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

The first BH HW that put that idea out there, about Mauricio, was not Lisa but was Camille! She basically said that Mauricio was more concerned about a commission check than anything else, including his wife Kyle! Season 1 fight between Kyle and Camille when Camille said she and Kelsey would no longer use Mauricio as their RE Agent and he got upset at Kyle instead of defending her. That is where that idea came from, not Lisa. LOL

Camille did, but she went on the apology tour to end all apology tours immediately after that. She called in to Kyle to apologize when she was on WWHL, she apologized in her blog, she tweeted an apology. She didn't wait around to hear the reaction, she just said she was wrong. On top of that, it is hard to compare Camille, who was basically someeone that Mauricio worked with, to Lisa, who had been friends with K & M for almost 10 years when she leveled that charge.  What, so we are to believe they pretended to be close friends with Ken and Lisa for 10 years, just waiting for the day when they would have another house to sell? How exhausting that would be. Surely there were many other relationships they could have been forging that wouldn't take almost a decade to pay off if all they do is go around trying to play nice to people to score a listing. The charge was so silly.

I did forgive Lisa for this in the end, however. I said on TWoP that Lisa would absoltely apologize for saying that. I don't think she believed it at all and that she regretted ever uttering those words. She looked small and petty and it certainly didn't stand up to any smell test. She did apologize at the S4 reunion.

• Love 2

How could I forget?  Camille was pretty awful to Kyle in season 1. What was Mauricio's response to Kyle? He wanted her to do whatever was necessary to fix it. He never went after Camille in defense of his own wife. But, Adrienne?  Suddenly he was her White Knight.

Never happened. I hear this all the time, but have never understood where it comes from (what episode??)  Mauricio was disappointed and said he was surprised that Camille and Kyle weren't getting along. He said this was the first time anything like this had happened (their personal life crashing into his business).  She asked what she could do to help and his response was that there was nothing really that she could do. He said that he would just have to work extra hard to regain her trust. Camille and Kyle made up right after that at Taylor's party. I never remember Mauricio so much as suggesting to Kyle that she do anything to fix it, even though he has been vilified over and over again for doing so. The funny thing is that if he did, it wouldn't seem shocking to me, nor anything so strange. In their world Camille is basically Mauricio's boss in their relationship. Trust me, if I did/said something to piss off my husband's boss,  which led to him being fired, he would absolutely recommend I find a way to make it right. And he is a really good guy.

• Love 6

I really had no problem with her going after Mauricio, mainly because I find him to be incredibly slimey.  It's all about perception, obviously.  I just don't find him to be genuine and after season 3, I was inclined to agree with Lisa's assessment of him. His defense of Adrienne seemed over the top and, well, a bit odd. I guess I would have less of a problem had he even made an effort to defend Lisa against Adrienne's allegations.  From what I understand, Kyle and Lisa have known each other for years.  Kyle and Mauricio admitted at the reunion that they were not close with Adrienne and don't really speak with her.

After Adrienne and Paul's split, Kyle and Mauricio admitted to being closer to Paul to the point where Mauricio hired a relative of Paul's, so their support was not only of Adrienne, but Adrienne and Paul.

I find Brandi incredibly trashy, but I think it was wrong for Kyle to throw shade at her from the moment she met her, and for Kyle to guffaw at her inebriated sister's digs towards Brandi and worse on Game Night.

Regarding what happened season one with Camille and Kyle, my recollection was when Kyle told Mauricio what happened after Camille's dinner party, he seemed amused. One of my favorite Mauricio moments was Kyle wondering aloud if Allison DuBois would attend some HW and he was like, "Oooo I'd love to meet her!" Then when Camille fired Mauricio by sending a text to Kyle, Mauricio was more supportive of Kyle, and between talking to Kyle and talking heads, he referred to Camille as silly or childish. He even went as far as to tell Kyle that catfighting is uncharacteristic of her, and I probably yelled at my TV, "stop lying Mauricio, you know your wife is a hot-tempered, mean girl!" And then at the next event, Mauricio pulled Camille aside and made nice, but there were no real apologies, it looked to me like Kyle and Camille hit the re-set button on their relationship.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

Camille did, but she went on the apology tour to end all apology tours immediately after that. She called in to Kyle to apologize when she was on WWHL, she apologized in her blog, she tweeted an apology. She didn't wait around to hear the reaction, she just said she was wrong. On top of that, it is hard to compare Camille, who was basically someeone that Mauricio worked with, to Lisa, who had been friends with K & M for almost 10 years when she leveled that charge.  What, so we are to believe they pretended to be close friends with Ken and Lisa for 10 years, just waiting for the day when they would have another house to sell? How exhausting that would be. Surely there were many other relationships they could have been forging that wouldn't take almost a decade to pay off if all they do is go around trying to play nice to people to score a listing. The charge was so silly.

I did forgive Lisa for this in the end, however. I said on TWoP that Lisa would absoltely apologize for saying that. I don't think she believed it at all and that she regretted ever uttering those words. She looked small and petty and it certainly didn't stand up to any smell test. She did apologize at the S4 reunion.

She, Camille, went on the apology tour only after the episodes aired, she saw how she looked and started seeing viewer reactions on various MBs including Bravo's MB. And Mauricio was not as forgiving as you make it sound, he was upset at Kyle and reminded her that her actions had a direct impact on his work/job/livelihood. I also do not believe that the relationship between Kyle/Mauricio and Lisa/Ken was all that close, it was a business based friendship for the most part.

Never happened. I hear this all the time, but have never understood where it comes from (what episode??)  Mauricio was disappointed and said he was surprised that Camille and Kyle weren't getting along. He said this was the first time anything like this had happened (their personal life crashing into his business).  She asked what she could do to help and his response was that there was nothing really that she could do. He said that he would just have to work extra hard to regain her trust. Camille and Kyle made up right after that at Taylor's party. I never remember Mauricio so much as suggesting to Kyle that she do anything to fix it, even though he has been vilified over and over again for doing so. The funny thing is that if he did, it wouldn't seem shocking to me, nor anything so strange. In their world Camille is basically Mauricio's boss in their relationship. Trust me, if I did/said something to piss off my husband's boss,  which led to him being fired, he would absolutely recommend I find a way to make it right. And he is a really good guy.

Mauricio let Kyle know that her fight with Camille would effect future business with Kelsey and he was not happy about that. He talked to Kyle as if she were a toddler, not as an adult woman/wife, IMO. AND Yes, Mauricio went out of his way to undo any bad feelings that Camille may have had toward him! He did not defend his wife nor take her side but instead put potential future business with Kelsey/Camille first.  LOL

But they admitted to being close to Paul to the point where Mauricio hired a relative of Paul's, so their support was not only of Adrienne, but Adrienne and Paul.

I find Brandi incredibly trashy, but I think it was wrong for Kyle to throw shade at her from the moment she met her, and for Kyle to guffaw at her inebriated sister's digs towards Brandi and worse on Game Night.

Regarding what happened season one with Camille and Kyle, my recollection was when Kyle told Mauricio what happened after Camille's dinner party, he seemed amused. One of my favorite Mauricio moments was Kyle wondering aloud if Allison DuBois would attend some HW and he was like, "Oooo I'd love to meet her!" Then when Camille fired Mauricio by sending a text to Kyle, Mauricio was more supportive of Kyle, and between talking to Kyle and talking heads, he referred to Camille as silly or childish. He even went as far as to tell Kyle that catfighting is uncharacteristic of her, and I probably yelled at my TV, "stop lying Mauricio, you know your wife is a hot-tempered, mean girl!" And then at the next event, Mauricio pulled Camille aside and made nice, but there were no real apologies, it looked to me like Kyle and Camille hit the re-set button on their relationship.

First Mauricio/Kyle said they were very close to Adrienne/Paul, then Kyle said they were not really close to them at all but Mauricio said he was close to Paul. It will be interesting to see if Paul's name comes up and if Mauricio and Paul kept in touch since the reunion, I suspect not.

• Love 4

I felt that way for a long time but I just can't get past her going after Mauricio, whether or not there was any truth there. That was just so evil in a Brandi slash and burn way but instead of yelling it Kyle's face she batted her eyelashes and with a hushed seemingly well intended voice put that nastiness out there.

When did she go after Maurice?

The tabloid story that Brandi cooked up couldn't possibly be it because it was bullshit.

Lisa's response was that she doesn't believe he is guilty but she's learned to never say never. I mean unless she knows into the guy's heart, she can't know for sure that he isn't a cheater.

I find the whole thin ridiculous because Kyle kept whining about Lisa making it public. While she was the one who wouldn't let it go.

How could I forget?  Camille was pretty awful to Kyle in season 1. What was Mauricio's response to Kyle? He wanted her to do whatever was necessary to fix it. He never went after Camille in defense of his own wife. But, Adrienne?  Suddenly he was her White Knight.

Ahh, Lisa saying that he only cared about getting their businesses?

Well, she wasn't wrong. And she is not the first to put it out there. 

• Love 3

I agree.  This was Kyle's show and Lisa became popular and got the spin-off.  Their attitude toward Lisa changed dramatically between season 1 and season 2. It was jarring.

While the attitude change toward Lisa did become more pronounced, I remember thinking at the time (Season 1) that Kyle was rather unpleasant to Lisa with her fake giggling and holding hands with Taylor, then asking Lisa (on more than one occasion) if she was "jelly."  There were other instances that my just-getting-caffeinated brain cannot conjure up right now, but my overall feeling was that she (Kyle) was very immature and had more than a streak of middle school mean girl.

I agree with those posting about Lisa posturing for the camera and being different when the cameras aren't rolling.  Though Marisa Zanuck can have a seat.  Her snide remarks to/about her husband gave me severe secondhand embarassment for her poor husband.  I wouldn't talk to her if I weren't get paid to, either.

Slightly OT - Lisa's cameo on "The Comeback" last week was hilarious!  If some PTB decide to remake "Dynasty," she is a shoo-in for the HBIC and, thus, her dreams of acting reborn.  haha

• Love 6

What amazed me was Lisa making the comments about Mauricio and Kyle only being friends for the commission.  If you weigh the commission Mauricio made off of Lisa's house against what Lisa has made from being a RHOBH-something Kyle got her on, I think the Umanskys have done far more for Lisa than Lisa house listing.  What was interesting is Mauricio got the listing and sold her home but when it came to buy they used Martin and Mohamed as their agent/broker.  Of course Kyle can't say that because it would be breaking the fourth wall.  Now Lisa is saying she got the job by audition and leaves out the Kyle connection.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

What amazed me was Lisa making the comments about Mauricio and Kyle only being friends for the commission.  If you weigh the commission Mauricio made off of Lisa's house against what Lisa has made from being a RHOBH-something Kyle got her on, I think the Umanskys have done far more for Lisa than Lisa house listing.  What was interesting is Mauricio got the listing and sold her home but when it came to buy they used Martin and Mohamed as their agent/broker.  Of course Kyle can't say that because it would be breaking the fourth wall.  Now Lisa is saying she got the job by audition and leaves out the Kyle connection.

I think it is the biggest insult that one HW has probably ever leveled against another HW, and yet Kyle didn't take to Twitter for months to bemoan her situation. This was a direct attack on Mauricio and his ethics, and we know that in a similar situation Lisa goes bat-shit crazy. For example the accusation that Adrienne made against Lisa, or Brandi saying that Lisa and Ken had filed bankruptcy 10 years before. To Lisa these things were a "fucking insult" and she "would not be accused of such a thing". 

Ken and Lisa used Mauricio because he has the buyers. His qualifications as someone to list their home stand alone. If he wasn't qualified or didn't have buyers, they wouldn't have used him. That is just a fact. Lisa conveniently forgets to mention how much money Mauricio made them on the deal, instead just focusing on his supposed greed in wanting a listing. Lisa makes it sound almost as if she took pity on Mauricio. 

The most interesting thing is that Kyle was able to move past this all, unlike Lisa who could never forgive Adrienne. I found it most interesting that when Ken and Mauricio had their joint birthday party Lisa said that Ken "adored" Mauricio.  I find it hard to believe that Ken would adore someone he thought had forged an almost decade long friendship on the off-chance he might someday be able to list their home. Outside of backing Brandi in her claim that she was being sued by Adrienne, which Lisa had to know was a lie, this is in my mind Lisa's biggest sin. 

• Love 6

Lisa is on WWHL right now and it is nice to hear her being as enthusiastic about the RH show as she is about VPR. She says it is a fantastic season and that she believes any attempt to reconcile with Brandi is effectively over after this season, although they did work on their friendship initially. She also said that she and Kyle are in a good place right now. She was very charming and reminded me of the Lisa that I use to love. 

• Love 7

Lisa is on WWHL right now and it is nice to hear her being as enthusiastic about the RH show as she is about VPR. She says it is a fantastic season and that she believes any attempt to reconcile with Brandi is effectively over after this season, although they did work on their friendship initially. She also said that she and Kyle are in a good place right now. She was very charming and reminded me of the Lisa that I use to love. 

This is shallow, but Lisa also looked fabulous on tonight's WWHL, compared to last season's Reunion. Her hair last reunion was thirsty and frizzy, her makeup looked caked-on, and she'd recently had plastic surgery (a facelift?) that made her eyes look pinned back onto her forehead. The hair, makeup, fillers, etc. tonight were perfectly cooked.

• Love 2

It was refreshing to see Lisa a bit more positive.  Strange question about Yolanda and Kyle's apologies being sincere.  The better question would have been if Lisa's apologies were sincere.  It didn't seem so from the "First Look".

Bravo to Lisa for finally calling it quits with Brandi.  I am applaud her for even giving it a try.  I think Lisa will get a lot of crap from Kim over tonight's "Who Would You Save In A Fire?" when the choice was between Kim and Kyle.  Tacky game but Lisa didn't hesitate when asked. 

Different strokes, I guess. I thought Lisa looked gorgeous but came across as really fake and overly camera conscious. Her fawning over Wacha just hammered it home. But I'm admittedly biased, since I hate whenever Andy trots out the dog.

There's just something so intensely hyper concerned with appearances about Lisa that I find disingenuous, and I'm not referring to her looks. She's always posturing and portraying a persona but in the most effortful way possible. I'd contrast her appearance with someone like Kyle, who despite her flaws, seems like she's more or less the same person once the cameras are off. Tonight on WWHL, I found Lisa so rehearsed it wasn't fun to watch.

• Love 7

I think Vanderpump Rules ruins Lisa for me.  The fact that she can even associate with those people much less defend or even have a "soft spot" for any of them speaks volumes about Lisa.  Her friendship with Brandi doesn't seem like a one-off so much and makes a lot more sense now.

I thought she looked fabulous in the clips from VPR in the teal green/blue dress.  Her hair looked great there.  Tonight on WWHL the hairdo was so 70s.  But it looked to be in much, much better condition.  She had some face work done in the off season and looked so much better.  Her forehead is on display, so I would think something more than botox and fillers, but facelifts take a long time to recover from and settle in I think.  I think she overdoes on the lip color.  It's my one gripe about her makeover.  It's too pale or something.  I think because Ken is so old, Lisa sometimes goes for the matronly look.  She looked much more youthful (like of a different generation) in her meeting with James on VPR.

I think the apology thing - she's willing to accept Kyle's because she can manipulate Kyle without even blinking.  I think she and Yolanda will never really get along because Yolanda will never cowtow to Lisa so long as My Love is there. Yo firmly believes she is not only Lisa's equal, but probably thinks she is Lisa's superior, and I can't see Lisa liking this.  Lisa tries to use her friendship with Mohammed.  Who hold the trump card?  The ex/mother of children or the bestie?

• Love 4

I wonder why Andy never once asked Lisa about the lawsuit against Villa Blanca and it just came out that Lisa and Ken have to pay 1.5M in lawyer fees to Karina Bustillos.

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2014/11/17/former-server-wins-1-5-million-attorneys-fees-real-housewives-stars-restaurant/

This is what drives me nuts about Lisa sometimes, she plays a character on TV, anything that actually has to do with her real life she wants no part of.

Lisa made a huge deal about the rumors of Mauricio cheating on her so I hope someone would have the balls to bring the factual issue of tha lawsuit and how horribly Ken, Lisa and her manager acter towards that waitress.

I want their real life and problems and not their pretended fairy tales.

• Love 6

On WWHL Lisa also alluded to the fact that Jax may have needed a nose job because of coke use and that Kristen may need meds, but that she may already use drugs.  She also asked Andy if having Wacha was helping Andy keep himself under control or something along those lines.  Kind of hinting that Andy is a wild man, sex wise.  What goes on when he was visiting her out at Pump?  Andy looked a little taken back that she went there.  He quickly moved on.

I think Lisa let a little too much slip out last night WRT the behind the scenes behavior.  Kind of unlike her.

I need to stop watching VPR.  It ruined the illusion of Lisa for me.  She's just a mere mortal famewhore like the rest of them now.  At least she is a tad bit smarter than the rest of them.  I will enjoy her running circles around Kim and Kyle.  I am hoping Lisa is right that this season is fun.  And I hope it isn't "fun" because they all get down on Brandi.  I know that would please a lot of people.  But things like that tend to backfire.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 3

This is shallow, but Lisa also looked fabulous on tonight's WWHL, compared to last season's Reunion. Her hair last reunion was thirsty and frizzy, her makeup looked caked-on, and she'd recently had plastic surgery (a facelift?) that made her eyes look pinned back onto her forehead. The hair, makeup, fillers, etc. tonight were perfectly cooked.

Completely agree. And this is the place to bring the shallow. 

I think Vanderpump Rules ruins Lisa for me.  The fact that she can even associate with those people much less defend or even have a "soft spot" for any of them speaks volumes about Lisa.  Her friendship with Brandi doesn't seem like a one-off so much and makes a lot more sense now.

I feel the same way, although the bloom was off this English Rose for me before that.

I just cannot understand how she can act as if she is so above everyone else when she puts up with this shit from these people. I always wondered if Lisa was telling the truth when she said she would have put a stop to Game Night. Watching her with these assholes week after week, combined with the way she laughed along with Brandi last year when she was going after Joyce, tells me that Lisa wouldn't have done a thing. 

I feel the same way, although the bloom was off this English Rose for me before that.

I just cannot understand how she can act as if she is so above everyone else when she puts up with this shit from these people. I always wondered if Lisa was telling the truth when she said she would have put a stop to Game Night. Watching her with these assholes week after week, combined with the way she laughed along with Brandi last year when she was going after Joyce, tells me that Lisa wouldn't have done a thing. 

• Love 4

Completely agree. And this is the place to bring the shallow. 

I think my problem with Lisa is her abuse and misuse of the word "sexy".  Red cabbage is not a "sexy" food nor are shaved Brussels sprouts.  Her restaurants aren't "sexy", and her crew at the restaurants is anything but sexy-more like poster children for birth control.  I watched her show last night and it was just another example of how truly phony she can be.  She makes fun and talks of her dislike of many of the employees most of whom would have been fired years ago for their antics.

Lisa loves it when someone makes fun of one of her nemeses -her have the great laugh over an Adrienne Maloof story about Adrienne's post high school plastic surgery kind of showed me she was pretty much at Brandi's level when it came to insults.

Maybe the thing the other women don't like is Lisa continuing assertion she be Queen Bee.  Even her tagline this year is frighteningly alpha:  "Throw me to a pack of wolves and I shall return, leading the pack."  A little too much for me.

• Love 4

I think Vanderpump Rules ruins Lisa for me.  The fact that she can even associate with those people much less defend or even have a "soft spot" for any of them speaks volumes about Lisa. 

If Lisa is so fake and manipulative, how can't the same thought be ascribed to her relation to those kids? She is a business owner and these are her employees, she should care about them to a degree as any employer should their employee. Of course this caring is retched up for the show, I don't think she is as close to them as the show make it seems.

If she judges and condemns them? She will be called all kinds of names too, because who is she to act superior..Brandi the drunk fuck can't be held in contempt by her but she should turn her nose up at the kids who work for her, why? She simply can't win.

At the end of the day, this is a business deal for Lisa. With regards to both reality shows and her personal business. She along with everyone else is playing a game of fronting. I am sure the Pump kids are as corrupt as they seem, but I am also sure some of the scenes plots are manufactured. 

I just want to be entertained and Lisa provides it for me. I am glad there is at least one housewife as clever as her. She might not be all that clever but compared to her counterparts, she qualifies for mensa membership. 

Her detractors on the show, wouldn't have such a hard time clobbering together a "take down Lisa plot" if she is as horrible a person as we are to be believed. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 5

I love that tagline.

I can only imagine Yolanda's bitter lemonface each time she hears it.

Yeah. I kind of love that she come back on top. I'm still a Lisa fan. It's not that I think she's a good person (none of them are), it's more that she's a woman surrounded by little girls.

• Love 6

I think the apology thing - she's willing to accept Kyle's because she can manipulate Kyle without even blinking.  I think she and Yolanda will never really get along because Yolanda will never cowtow to Lisa so long as My Love is there. Yo firmly believes she is not only Lisa's equal, but probably thinks she is Lisa's superior, and I can't see Lisa liking this.  Lisa tries to use her friendship with Mohammed.  Who hold the trump card?  The ex/mother of children or the bestie?

Often times, to paint Lisa as Machiavellian, others are reduced to having no functioning brains of their own. Kyle is a grown up who grew up in showbiz no less. To say that Lisa is capable of using her as a mere tool is just giving Lisa too much credit and Kyle none. 

As for Yolanda, her issue with Lisa was that she didn't come to paint pictures with her. Or visit when she was sick. Come to find out at the reunion she was full of shit and had her timeline all screwed up.

I have never seen Lisa use her relationship with Mohammed to one man up Yolanda but okay.

• Love 4

Often times, to paint Lisa as Machiavellian, others are reduced to having no functioning brains of their own. Kyle is a grown up who grew up in showbiz no less. To say that Lisa is capable of using her as a mere tool is just giving Lisa too much credit and Kyle none. 

As for Yolanda, her issue with Lisa was that she didn't come to paint pictures with her. Or visit when she was sick. Come to find out at the reunion she was full of shit and had her timeline all screwed up.

I have never seen Lisa use her relationship with Mohammed to one man up Yolanda but okay.

I think Kyle is smart enough to realize that last season it got too dark and Lisa's continual putting down of Kyle didn't work and for the show to work they need to be on the same page.  Kyle is pretty good at apologizing and moving on and Lisa claims to be good at accepting apologies and holding grudges.  Problem with Ken and Lisa is they have to sell a lot of $12.00 drinks and Crispy Chicken to even compete with a single Mauricio sale-add to the fact that Mauricio is younger than Ken's son and I see a great deal of envy-hence the attacks by both Lisa and Ken.  The sale of the Todd house did not make Mauricio's career-to hear Lisa tell it the mighty Todd's single-handedly supported the Umanskys.

I understood what Yolanda said about Lisa coming to visit-it turned out Lisa and Ken came to visit and went out to dinner with the Fosters.  Personally, I think it asking a lot of friends to drive for an hour to bring a cup of Starbucks.  I don't see Lisa as the nurturing type-it is just not her.

Mohamed, to me, gave Yolanda big slight when at the SUR dinner, he described Lisa in such glowing terms in front of Yolanda.  He went to say how nice all the women were to Joyce-words I am sure he later choked on when Brandi stabbed him in the back over the alleged Joanna Krupa comment. I do think Mohamed is probably a lot closer to the Todds but only because he likes the spotlight.  How many Bravo shows is the guy on? On my worse day I can't imagine someone wanting to hang out with their ex-husband and his thirty-something year old fiancé.

• Love 3

Envy over Mauricio? I don't see that.

Lisa became the breakout star of the show. Without being related to a Hilton. Without being an ex child star. Without a family inheritance. Without being the wife of a popular actor. Lisa was able to build a huge fanbase. That's something money can't buy.

Based on her popularity she was offered other shows and her own spinoff promoting her business. The other women were salty they couldn't. Yolanda didn't get her lifestyle show. Kyle and Mauricio didn't get the Agency show with JR. Brandi didn't get her dating show.

The poor dears couldn't stand it. Talk about envy. Lol. I wish all of them the best of luck this season with a new game plan.

• Love 9

Envy over Mauricio? I don't see that.

Lisa became the breakout star of the show. Without being related to a Hilton. Without being an ex child star. Without a family inheritance. Without being the wife of a popular actor. Lisa was able to build a huge fanbase. That's something money can't buy.

Based on her popularity she was offered other shows and her own spinoff promoting her business. The other women were salty they couldn't. Yolanda didn't get her lifestyle show. Kyle and Mauricio didn't get the Agency show with JR. Brandi didn't get her dating show.

The poor dears couldn't stand it. Talk about envy. Lol. I wish all of them the best of luck this season with a new game plan.

This is how I see it too. I think it's a lot like Bethany from NYC. Both women had their share of fights and tiffs and whatnot, but it wasn't until they were asked to do a spinoff over the other women that full on take-down plans came out of the woodwork. I actually think that's what Brandi's Sheena issue is partly about. Now I'll give Brandi her due, it's a horribly awkward situation and I don't think Lisa has handled it well, but when Brandi is going on about who would you save in a fire I think her actual beef is that Sheena is in Lisa's spinoff and Brandi isn't. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4
I think Kyle is smart enough to realize that last season it got too dark and Lisa's continual putting down of Kyle didn't work and for the show to work they need to be on the same page.  Kyle is pretty good at apologizing and moving on and Lisa claims to be good at accepting apologies and holding grudges

Kyle is not an innocent, she doesn't apologize sincerely, her apologies are of the "if I've offended yo variety. And she certainly doesn't move on. She stood her ground on being mad at Lisa for supposedly encouraging Brandi to bring the tabloids along the trip despite there being no evidence she did. Lisa's word wasn't good enough. I guess Lisa didn't have a manipulating magic wand during that period.  Kyle was the one going on and one about things that happened in previous season when Lisa just wanted to let it go and move on.  How was Lisa to move on when she just won't shut up about the past?

Lisa's put downs of Kyle last season? I saw more of Kyle condemning Lisa wrt the tabloid nonsense in the past season. Regardless,  Kyle always gives back as good as she got. It is not as one sided as you make it sound.

I understood what Yolanda said about Lisa coming to visit-it turned out Lisa and Ken came to visit and went out to dinner with the Fosters.  Personally, I think it asking a lot of friends to drive for an hour to bring a cup of Starbucks.  I don't see Lisa as the nurturing type-it is just not her

Wait. Despite Yolanda's complains that she didn't, Lisa did go to visit and according to you (I didn't know this) went to out dinner with the Fosters. But you understand why Yolanda was whining that Lisa was a bad friend for not visiting? Yolanda admits she was wrong yet you stand by her previous assessment that Lisa is a bad friend? I am so confused.

Mohamed, to me, gave Yolanda big slight when at the SUR dinner, he described Lisa in such glowing terms in front of Yolanda.  He went to say how nice all the women were to Joyce-words I am sure he later choked on when Brandi stabbed him in the back over the alleged Joanna Krupa comment. I do think Mohamed is probably a lot closer to the Todds but only because he likes the spotlight.  How many Bravo shows is the guy on? On my worse day I can't imagine someone wanting to hang out with their ex-husband and his thirty-something year old fiancé.

I don't see how this is prove that Lisa tries to unsure Yolanda, the mother of his kids, in Mohammed's life. Unless Lisa is secretly manipulating Mohammed behind the scenes like she does everyone else. In which case, again Mohammed, a very very successful man is reduced to a susceptible fool to bad Lisa.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

I think Kyle is smart enough to realize that last season it got too dark and Lisa's continual putting down of Kyle didn't work and for the show to work they need to be on the same page. Kyle is pretty good at apologizing and moving on and Lisa claims to be good at accepting apologies and holding grudges. Problem with Ken and Lisa is they have to sell a lot of $12.00 drinks and Crispy Chicken to even compete with a single Mauricio sale-add to the fact that Mauricio is younger than Ken's son and I see a great deal of envy-hence the attacks by both Lisa and Ken. The sale of the Todd house did not make Mauricio's career-to hear Lisa tell it the mighty Todd's single-handedly supported the Umanskys.

I understood what Yolanda said about Lisa coming to visit-it turned out Lisa and Ken came to visit and went out to dinner with the Fosters. Personally, I think it asking a lot of friends to drive for an hour to bring a cup of Starbucks. I don't see Lisa as the nurturing type-it is just not her.

Mohamed, to me, gave Yolanda big slight when at the SUR dinner, he described Lisa in such glowing terms in front of Yolanda. He went to say how nice all the women were to Joyce-words I am sure he later choked on when Brandi stabbed him in the back over the alleged Joanna Krupa comment. I do think Mohamed is probably a lot closer to the Todds but only because he likes the spotlight. How many Bravo shows is the guy on? On my worse day I can't imagine someone wanting to hang out with their ex-husband and his thirty-something year old fiancé.

We all see different things in the shows, but in all honestly I don't remember Kyle ever apologizing for anything in 4 years. Ever. At best, she does these sort of "I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said." Things. I actually think one of the worst things about Kyle is that she never owns up to contributing to the drama.

I almost never understand what Yolanda is upset about.

• Love 5

Kyle is not an innocent, she doesn't apologize sincerely, her apologies are of the "if I've offended yo variety. And she certainly doesn't move on. She stood her ground on being mad at Lisa for supposedly encouraging Brandi to bring the tabloids along the trip despite there being no evidence she did. Lisa's word wasn't good enough. I guess Lisa didn't have a manipulating magic wand during that period.  Kyle was the one going on and one about things that happened in previous season when Lisa just wanted to let it go and move on.  How was Lisa to move on when she just won't shut up about the past?

Lisa's put downs of Kyle last season? I saw more of Kyle condemning Lisa wrt the tabloid nonsense in the past season. Regardless,  Kyle always gives back as good as she got. It is not as one sided as you make it sound.

Wait. Despite Yolanda's complains that she didn't, Lisa did go to visit and according to you (I didn't know this) went to out dinner with the Fosters. But you understand why Yolanda was whining that Lisa was a bad friend for not visiting? Yolanda admits she was wrong yet you stand by her previous assessment that Lisa is a bad friend? I am so confused.

I don't see how this is prove that Lisa tries to unsure Yolanda, the mother of his kids, in Mohammed's life. Unless Lisa is secretly manipulating Mohammed behind the scenes like she does everyone else. In which case, again Mohammed, a very very successful man is reduced to a susceptible fool to bad Lisa.

I think there is a difference in how we view the shows.  Lisa, to me, holds on-first it was the Bobby Fisher comment, and then it was all about Kyle not defending her both from the Season 2 Reunion.  Some examples of what Lisa does - The first episode of last season first off SUR doing a big favor for Kyle by catering the party, the comments about Joyce's hair, which is lovely, but she needed the twist to sting Kyle,   The there comments about Mauricio and the commission-he sold their home between Seasons 2 and 3 and yet Lisa continues to bring it up.  I am not a fan of the generic apology and this applies to all RH, sometimes they can't be too specific because of fourth wall issues.

I think what Yolanda was saying-and she used Brandi as an example-is a friend coming by when she is bed ridden to offer her Starbucks.  BTW I don't think anyone should be criticized for not driving to Malibu to bring Yolanda Starbucks.  For all her lamenting about her health she sure seems to get out a lot and all over the world.

I am sorry you are confused but I don't ever think I have written that Lisa is a bad friend to Yolanda.

As far as Lisa usurping Yolanda again I think you might be misinterpreting my statements.  I can see where Mohamed complimenting Lisa as the best in the world might hurt Yolanda.  I find that exes may play nice for the camera - I don't think there should be a contest between a woman you are friends with an your ex-wife.  Yolanda sued Mohamed and obviously he hurt Yolanda with philandering.  Lisa as a friend doesn't have to deal with these old ghosts. 

• Love 2

We all see different things in the shows, but in all honestly I don't remember Kyle ever apologizing for anything in 4 years. Ever. At best, she does these sort of "I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said." Things. I actually think one of the worst things about Kyle is that she never owns up to contributing to the drama.

I almost never understand what Yolanda is upset about.

How about her sister?  Kyle apologized repeatedly to her, she apologized to Brandi, she and Camille cross apologized but even last night Lisa was asked if she accepted Kyle and Yolanda's apologies.  I don't know if it is the wording in the apologies but I find myself in every franchise not getting how sincere the apology has to be to be considered a true apology, as generally the one receiving the apology usually blogs and interviews about how hurt they were and treats the apology as an afterthought.  IU just heard Kyle say twice to Lisa-"I'm sorry", over being late to the birthday party after Lisa "chastised" her.

When someone on one of these shows complains, whines or strikes out at another for not attending or not being invited it is because they are worried about being deprived of camera time.  For example-had Carlton and Brandi not shown up buzzed and nauseated at Kim's daughter's graduation-excellent chance the footage would not have made it to screen.  Of course the chances went way up it would be shown when Kim whined about it to Lisa at her home.  So Yolanda whining about Kim not showing up three times (Kim never made a definite date), Carlton calling in sick at the eleventh hour, Lisa not attending her painting party (which would have been a great opportunity to win over  Joyce to the Brandi/Lisa/Yolanda team and leave Kyle in the dirt), they always run the risk of it not making the final edit.  Lisa's attendance almost always guarantees the scene being aired. I agree Yolanda's anger and attitude toward some of the women has confounded me from the beginning.

• Love 3

Mauricio let Kyle know that her fight with Camille would effect future business with Kelsey and he was not happy about that. He talked to Kyle as if she were a toddler, not as an adult woman/wife, IMO.

That's how I remembered it.  He didn't seem nearly as angry about the incident as he did when with Adrienne being attacked. So, I couldn't really blame Lisa for doubting their motives. He certainly never got in Camille's face and yelled at her like he did with Brandi.

• Love 1

I don't understand why Lisa pronounces "Yolanda" the way an American from Montana would. And she didn't recognize "ABBA" when Andy mentioned them on WWHL. When she realized what he was saying, she said, "Oh... Aaab-ba" -- again, the way someone from Montana would.

I was surprised to see how many dogs Ken and Lisa have, when Lisa handed Giggy to Ken he had 3 dogs on a leash and a dog in his hand, so that makes 5 dogs and that Rumpy dog makes 6 - I don't think Rumpy was one of the dogs Ken had because they all looked like small / toy-size dogs.

ETA:

IIRC Lisa tweeted or did an interview that they adopted Giggy's father.

Edited by quinn

I don't understand why Lisa pronounces "Yolanda" the way an American from Montana would. And she didn't recognize "ABBA" when Andy mentioned them on WWHL. When she realized what he was saying, she said, "Oh... Aaab-ba" -- again, the way someone from Montana would.

I say Yo-lon-da but I don't see anything weird with the way Lisa pronounces the name and actually think her way of saying it makes more sense than the way I say it considering the way I pronounce the word "land" or the name Amanda.

I think Lisa may become a one show woman-VanderPump Rules Monday night did not even show up on the ratings. Her show hurt her more than helped her with her popularity.  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/12/03/monday-cable-ratings-monday-night-football-tops-night-love-hip-hop-hollywood-sportscenter-more/334368/

Maybe she can get off her high horse and back in the trenches.  I noticed a story today that Lisa is done opening restaurants and with Villa Blanca for sale she may have realized her limit.  https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/lisa-vanderpump-launches-home-decor-line-done-opening-200000623-us-weekly.html?.tsrc=globe  so maybe we will ultimately see a kinder gentler Lisa.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

So I'm thinking it's long past time Lisa V fired her stylist and hired a new one with some talent.  Either that or she styles herself with extremely bad results.  Here is a Daily Mail article including lots of pix.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2854577/Lisa-Vanderpump-husband-Ken-Todd-enjoy-lunch-date-restaurant-Villa-Blanca-Beverly-Hills.html

Scroll down to see the full effect of her ill-fitting Mom jeans that really really don't work with the overly-high Louboutins, and the overly-undone shirt with the overly-tight blazer and the 'tumbling' frowzy hairstyle.  Not to mention that lipstick and/or filler that make her lips look like something off a Thunderbirds puppet.  She looks 100 years old.  Please, Lisa, it's a look that might have worked in 1985.  But it's nearly 2015...

• Love 3

So I'm thinking it's long past time Lisa V fired her stylist and hired a new one with some talent.

I think that might be the only topic in which we are all in agreement over.

I don't mind her long, parted in the middle hair.  UNLESS, it's shellacked into place.  As long as the extensions aren't showing and looks relatively healthy, free and swingy, I think that style is classic.  On some people.  I think she pulls it off, except, like I said, when it's plastered into place. 

Her greatest appearance flaw is her ridiculous false eyelashes.  Especially when worn on a beach.

• Love 1

I think that might be the only topic in which we are all in agreement over.

I don't mind her long, parted in the middle hair.  UNLESS, it's shellacked into place.  As long as the extensions aren't showing and looks relatively healthy, free and swingy, I think that style is classic.  On some people.  I think she pulls it off, except, like I said, when it's plastered into place. 

Her greatest appearance flaw is her ridiculous false eyelashes.  Especially when worn on a beach.

I don't mind her hair-if it is all her hair.  There comes a point when it just starts being too much with the extensions and the caterpillar eyelashes and the too high high heels.  I must say I never laughed as I did with Lisa and her bedazzled cuffed shirts.  I can appreciate tailoring for the fit and fabric selection but the signature bedazzled satin blouses are just too much.  I wonder how much extra the bedazzling is on those shirts?

• Love 4

Sometimes Lisa's hair bothers me, and other times not.  Lisa looks great when she is wearing a hat, IMO. In the scene when she was outside with Ken talking to Brandi on the phone I thought she looked lovely.  She was sporting a hat, and dressed casually. Lisa, like all the HW's in my opinion, tends to look really good when she is dressed more casually.  The exception to this rule being Brandi. When she is casual, she always just looks dirty to me. 

• Love 1

zoeysmom from episode thread:

No one warmed up to Kim Season 1 or 2 because she was drunk and barely lucid.  Adrienne and Paul were kind but really no one wants to be around a drunk and because of her drinking Kim missed many events.

No one bailed on Kyle over outing Kim, not Taylor, Lisa, Adrienne or even Camille.  Lisa, in my opinion saw the opening to be cast favorite and went for it.  Which she has every right to do but there is always collateral damage.

Of course nobody turned on Kyle, except maybe Camille at the season 1 reunion. What I do remember about the reunion is that Camille went hard at Kyle, and seemed to be using Kim as a hammer to beat Kyle with.  While this was happening, all of the women sat there silently EXCEPT Lisa. She vehemently defended Kyle throughout the reunion.  While it could be argued that she saw an opening to take over as fan favorite, it can also be argued that Kyle did not like the fact that Lisa somehow became a fan favorite after season 1. What I saw was Lisa being a good friend to Kyle in season 1, and Kyle pretty much taking several dumps all over Lisa. Starting with the "jelly" bullshit which then snowballed into the preys on the weak and bobby fisher digs. 

Kyle dug her own grave.  Lisa had nothing to do with Kyle's behavior, and not once did I see Lisa badmouth Kyle until season 3.  

• Love 8

Of course nobody turned on Kyle, except maybe Camille at the season 1 reunion. What I do remember about the reunion is that Camille went hard at Kyle, and seemed to be using Kim as a hammer to beat Kyle with.  While this was happening, all of the women sat there silently EXCEPT Lisa. She vehemently defended Kyle throughout the reunion.  While it could be argued that she saw an opening to take over as fan favorite, it can also be argued that Kyle did not like the fact that Lisa somehow became a fan favorite after season 1. What I saw was Lisa being a good friend to Kyle in season 1, and Kyle pretty much taking several dumps all over Lisa. Starting with the "jelly" bullshit which then snowballed into the preys on the weak and bobby fisher digs. 

Kyle dug her own grave.  Lisa had nothing to do with Kyle's behavior, and not once did I see Lisa badmouth Kyle until season 3.  

I agree with all of this! As for Lisa seeing an opening to be a favorite? Lisa was a favorite before Kyle outed Kim. That was just what happened she had no need to push into that position she was already there. 

It can be argued that she has fought to preserve that status, and even that she used that status to make the other women toe the line and do what she wanted. But, it wasn't a situation like with Brandi, where there was an opening that she maneuvered herself into. Fan reaction to her was immediate and positive and the fact that she was still Kyle's biggest defender going into season 2 just showed that she did value Kyle and her friendship even after all of that bullshit about being "jelly" and preying on the weak.

• Love 5

Lisa was a favorite before Kyle outed Kim. That was just what happened she had no need to push into that position she was already there.

Yup, I'm having a hard time believing Lisa saw an opening to become the star once Kyle showed her ass with Kim in the season 1 finale.  Er, if that were the case, wouldn't she jump on the bandwagon and go after Kyle? Instead, she defended her, even if it may not have been the popular position.

I agree, Lisa was a fan favorite long before the Kyle/Kim dust up.  I'll be honest and say that Lisa and Kyle were the only two that I actually liked after season 1. Kyle changed that for me during season 2.  

• Love 4

First off the "preys on the weak" happened during Season 2 not Season 1.  So going into Season 2, there was no animosity about the comment.  I will say this, Taylor listened and during her impassioned, "if you can't be my friend, don't hate me" plea, Lisa has been there for Taylor a 100%-until it came to the risk of being sued by idiot Russell.  Excepting that and that had more to do with Russell than Taylor, Lisa and Ken have been there for Taylor.

I will say the "jelly" comments were quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard, even by RH standards.  I have no idea why Kyle or Taylor thought any part of it was mildly entertaining.  All I could think off is Kyle did not want to revisit the Camille situation after they made up Season 1, at Taylor's party and then again were able to enjoy each other at Camille's swim party.  Taylor did stick up for Kyle at the Reunion when it came to Kim.  Adrienne was the one who did the -they are sisters speech, which meant she supported Kim without kicking Kyle to the curb.

At Lisa's tea there was a start down why they were questioning Lisa's sincerity but it quickly dissolved into Taylor's abuse comments.  So there was a group feel about something Lisa was doing.  I wish I could remember the quote but it was about Lisa's ego.

I agree with all of this! As for Lisa seeing an opening to be a favorite? Lisa was a favorite before Kyle outed Kim. That was just what happened she had no need to push into that position she was already there. 

It can be argued that she has fought to preserve that status, and even that she used that status to make the other women toe the line and do what she wanted. But, it wasn't a situation like with Brandi, where there was an opening that she maneuvered herself into. Fan reaction to her was immediate and positive and the fact that she was still Kyle's biggest defender going into season 2 just showed that she did value Kyle and her friendship even after all of that bullshit about being "jelly" and preying on the weak.

Lisa response to Kyle's chess comment and "not defending her" was disproportionate to what we had seen on the screen.  Lisa, who now admittedly regrets her alliance with Brandi, I believe holds her friends to much higher standards than she does herself.  In retrospect I think if Lisa would have seen the path Brandi was leading her down she would have had the perfect hindsight vision.  Brandi was not good for the Kyle/Lisa relationship Season 2. 

At this point in Lisa's career-her big money comes from Vanderpump Rules, whenever I see Executive producer all I see is $$$$ signs.  Ask Camille, the killing Kelsey made off of being an EP on Frasier and Medium.  Essentially you have one cast member who sits with suits. 

To me Season 3, was the season of ridiculous, petty crap.  It was Brandi's year to make it, and make it she did with Adrienne story.  Lisa was her right hand man.  To me the ultimate in stupidity was Yolanda's unfounded hatred of Kyle.  When asked why she was mad  Yolanda claimed that for the Real Housewives Hillbillies shoot, Kyle (who was unaware Yolanda was even there) did not come out to her driveway and greet Yolanda or offer her a glass of water.  This is with a house with 40 people and craft services.  Yolanda lying about what she said about Lisa, when it was on camera that she was calling Lisa out.

Lisa and Ken attempting to destroy Mauricio's reputation and friendship with Paul was perhaps the low part of the entire season.  Lisa claiming character assassination is a joke-I have seen Vanderpump Rules and that woman has business talking about her fine character.  Now Lisa is claiming her inane defense of Brandi has somehow damaged her and Ken's character is laughable.  Lisa loved every minute of it until Brandi's outrageousness became a blight on Lisa's popularity.

If Lisa gets off her pity pot and she and stops with the "systematic" attacks on her she might turn in a good season.  Otherwise it is Lisa dragging down RHOBH to the Vanderpump Rules level.

• Love 5

Lisa definitely stood up for Kyle at the season one reunion, but so did Adrienne and Taylor. I don't think that Lisa did it repeatedly, but when she defended Kyle over whether or not Kyle was a bully, it was a must see moment type thing. ETA: I just saw zoeysmom's comment and see we have a similar recall of the season one reunion.

My recollection of season one was that Kim was the breakout / intense fan favorite. Lisa and Adrienne were fan faves too but with less intensity, and they got significant goodwill off the bat because they were genuinely rich but not obnoxious about it a la Camille. IMO Adrienne and Lisa's popularity were tied to things like Lisa's British accent, love of pink and her accessory dog, and Adrienne's tied to a her glass encased wedding dress, flying private and funny husband. I think that Kyle was just as much if not more of a fan favorite than Lisa and Adrienne, but she also had a significant detractor base - if Kyle was a politician, she'd be Bill Clinton.

I think that going into season two that Lisa's co-stars, to varying degrees, had issues with her and / or did not like her. Save Taylor, I don't think that the other women resented Lisa's gamesmanship because I don't think that it had bore fruit at that point. IMO Lisa's strategizing started to bear fruit while season two was airing, and that, coupled with other lucky breaks, is what put her on the road to becoming an "intense" fan favorite, with the season 2 reunion being the event that solidified that status.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

Kyle lost popularity after the limo attack on Kim, justified or not it was painful to watch and she lost more ground when she supported Kim season 2 at the game night party. Then add in the "preys and Fisher" comments at season 2 reunion to and about Lisa after Lisa supported Kyle without question and Kyle came across as the bad friend. We arrive at season 3 and the meeting between Kyle and Lisa to discuss the problems in their friendship and all we hear from Kyle is "Well, that's how I felt" without any real explanation or example of why she felt that way and without any real, heartfelt, apology to Lisa for those cruel remarks. Kyle did not want to rehash what/why was said other than "that was how I felt". This season, Lisa turned the tables and did the same thing to Kyle. LOL

First off the "preys on the weak" happened during Season 2 not Season 1.  So going into Season 2, there was no animosity about the comment.  I will say this, Taylor listened and during her impassioned, "if you can't be my friend, don't hate me" plea, Lisa has been there for Taylor a 100%-until it came to the risk of being sued by idiot Russell.  Excepting that and that had more to do with Russell than Taylor, Lisa and Ken have been there for Taylor.

I will say the "jelly" comments were quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard, even by RH standards.  I have no idea why Kyle or Taylor thought any part of it was mildly entertaining.  All I could think off is Kyle did not want to revisit the Camille situation after they made up Season 1, at Taylor's party and then again were able to enjoy each other at Camille's swim party.  Taylor did stick up for Kyle at the Reunion when it came to Kim.  Adrienne was the one who did the -they are sisters speech, which meant she supported Kim without kicking Kyle to the curb.

At Lisa's tea there was a start down why they were questioning Lisa's sincerity but it quickly dissolved into Taylor's abuse comments.  So there was a group feel about something Lisa was doing.  I wish I could remember the quote but it was about Lisa's ego.

Lisa response to Kyle's chess comment and "not defending her" was disproportionate to what we had seen on the screen.  Lisa, who now admittedly regrets her alliance with Brandi, I believe holds her friends to much higher standards than she does herself.  In retrospect I think if Lisa would have seen the path Brandi was leading her down she would have had the perfect hindsight vision.  Brandi was not good for the Kyle/Lisa relationship Season 2. 

At this point in Lisa's career-her big money comes from Vanderpump Rules, whenever I see Executive producer all I see is $$$$ signs.  Ask Camille, the killing Kelsey made off of being an EP on Frasier and Medium.  Essentially you have one cast member who sits with suits. 

To me Season 3, was the season of ridiculous, petty crap.  It was Brandi's year to make it, and make it she did with Adrienne story.  Lisa was her right hand man.  To me the ultimate in stupidity was Yolanda's unfounded hatred of Kyle.  When asked why she was mad  Yolanda claimed that for the Real Housewives Hillbillies shoot, Kyle (who was unaware Yolanda was even there) did not come out to her driveway and greet Yolanda or offer her a glass of water.  This is with a house with 40 people and craft services.  Yolanda lying about what she said about Lisa, when it was on camera that she was calling Lisa out.

Lisa and Ken attempting to destroy Mauricio's reputation and friendship with Paul was perhaps the low part of the entire season.  Lisa claiming character assassination is a joke-I have seen Vanderpump Rules and that woman has business talking about her fine character.  Now Lisa is claiming her inane defense of Brandi has somehow damaged her and Ken's character is laughable.  Lisa loved every minute of it until Brandi's outrageousness became a blight on Lisa's popularity.

If Lisa gets off her pity pot and she and stops with the "systematic" attacks on her she might turn in a good season.  Otherwise it is Lisa dragging down RHOBH to the Vanderpump Rules level.

I don't get the comparison between the HW show and the VR show. They are 2 very different types of shows with very different target audiences and very different premises. The BH show is about adult women with children of varying ages, married or divorced, sometimes both, that are supposed to be living an over the top lifestyle (except Brandi/Kim) and how they interact with each other in various settings. A show targeted for women, adult middle to upper middle income viewers.

VR show is about would be actors bidding their time waiting tables/bartending in a pickup hotspot restaurant/bar/lounge. Their bad behavior, their trysts/relationships within the group in the work place and outside of it. At the head of that cast is their Boss, Lisa, who has to juggle all their antics while still running the establishment. How much air time does she even get on the show? Isn't most of the camera/air time given to the actual staff with Lisa appearing here and there but never for very long? The show is also marketed to the younger, under 30, crowd. I saw this show as Bravo's upscale replacement for Jersey Shore when it went off the air, not as a secondary show to the RHBH.

• Love 6

Kyle lost popularity after the limo attack on Kim, justified or not it was painful to watch and she lost more ground when she supported Kim season 2 at the game night party. Then add in the "preys and Fisher" comments at season 2 reunion to and about Lisa after Lisa supported Kyle without question and Kyle came across as the bad friend. We arrive at season 3 and the meeting between Kyle and Lisa to discuss the problems in their friendship and all we hear from Kyle is "Well, that's how I felt" without any real explanation or example of why she felt that way and without any real, heartfelt, apology to Lisa for those cruel remarks. Kyle did not want to rehash what/why was said other than "that was how I felt". This season, Lisa turned the tables and did the same thing to Kyle. LOL

I don't get the comparison between the HW show and the VR show. They are 2 very different types of shows with very different target audiences and very different premises. The BH show is about adult women with children of varying ages, married or divorced, sometimes both, that are supposed to be living an over the top lifestyle (except Brandi/Kim) and how they interact with each other in various settings. A show targeted for women, adult middle to upper middle income viewers.

VR show is about would be actors bidding their time waiting tables/bartending in a pickup hotspot restaurant/bar/lounge. Their bad behavior, their trysts/relationships within the group in the work place and outside of it. At the head of that cast is their Boss, Lisa, who has to juggle all their antics while still running the establishment. How much air time does she even get on the show? Isn't most of the camera/air time given to the actual staff with Lisa appearing here and there but never for very long? The show is also marketed to the younger, under 30, crowd. I saw this show as Bravo's upscale replacement for Jersey Shore when it went off the air, not as a secondary show to the RHBH.

Kyle brought her change in popularity on herself by dealing with Kim the way she did-she should have just let Kim leave the party and have TPTB fire Kim's drunken ass.  Move on to Season 2 without a word from anyone. Same with Game Night-Kyle should have left Kim in the bathroom.  Although I do have a problem with Kim and Kyle to a lesser degree taking the heat.  Brandi screaming, "bring it on bitches." "I am going to fucking kill you, bitch," to Kyle because what-she didn't get to go first in a game? 

Both Kyle and Lisa have said there was a falling out between Season 1 and 2 whatever it was we will probably never know.   I really didn't see any great support on Lisa's part of Kyle's behavior Season 2 but Kyle was definitely calling Lisa out for something.  The remarks were far from cruel compared to what Lisa delivered Seasons 3 and 4 towards Kyle and her family.  For some reason I think Kyle's explanation was very clear-Lisa was manipulative and she wasn't going to apologize for saying so.  It would have been phony on Kyle's part to retract it.  Lisa did replace Kyle with Brandi and that was Lisa's choice.  It was also Lisa's choice to try and destroy Mauricio reputation, to bash Kyle on camera with Kim.  Lisa was mad at Kyle because Kyle would not turn her back on Adrienne and support Brandi.  In retrospect I would like to believe that Ken and Lisa realize what total tools they were to Kyle and Mauricio over Brandi and her lies.

They are linked because Lisa is on both shows. It didn't help for the first two seasons of Vanderpump Rules there was a crossover.  Lisa saying things like, "it is my business where your dick has been," illustrates to me that Lisa is extremely tawdry.  The show is all about Lisa and Ken's power and prestige and how she capitalizes on the antics of these waste of human lives individuals.  I have watched far too many episodes of her show and it is not flattering to Lisa. This is Lisa's show and she has complete creative control. Between her stale sex jokes and probably the worst management example of human resources on the planet.  I do believe that Lisa is holding her co-stars to the same level of complete blind loyalty she expects from the human waste that is her staff at SUR.  Sadly for the Vanderpump/Todd empire their hubris may be their undoing.  The little waitress that won the lawsuit, is an example of how utterly clueless Ken and Lisa have become.  None of these "mactors" have careers outside of Vanderpump Rules and recently it was revealed they make $3,000.00 an episode, to keep them "real". 

I can see where her co-stars do not want to follow suit with Lisa and Ken's idea of entertainment and with the likes of Carlton and Brandi things weren't looking too good last year. Gratuitous nudity courtesy of Lisa and Carlton, the  forced make out scenes between Brandi and Carlton. Thankfully, someone in control of RHOBH saw the light and moved RHOBH away from the mess Lisa created on her show.  More power to Lisa if her show succeeds but keep RHOBH far, far away from it.

At this point I think TPTB and her co-stars, (with the exception of Brandi) may be saving Lisa from her Vanderpump Rules state of mind.

• Love 2

Kyle brought her change in popularity on herself by dealing with Kim the way she did-she should have just let Kim leave the party and have TPTB fire Kim's drunken ass.  Move on to Season 2 without a word from anyone. Same with Game Night-Kyle should have left Kim in the bathroom.  Although I do have a problem with Kim and Kyle to a lesser degree taking the heat.  Brandi screaming, "bring it on bitches." "I am going to fucking kill you, bitch," to Kyle because what-she didn't get to go first in a game? 

Both Kyle and Lisa have said there was a falling out between Season 1 and 2 whatever it was we will probably never know.   I really didn't see any great support on Lisa's part of Kyle's behavior Season 2 but Kyle was definitely calling Lisa out for something.  The remarks were far from cruel compared to what Lisa delivered Seasons 3 and 4 towards Kyle and her family.  For some reason I think Kyle's explanation was very clear-Lisa was manipulative and she wasn't going to apologize for saying so.  It would have been phony on Kyle's part to retract it.  Lisa did replace Kyle with Brandi and that was Lisa's choice.  It was also Lisa's choice to try and destroy Mauricio reputation, to bash Kyle on camera with Kim.  Lisa was mad at Kyle because Kyle would not turn her back on Adrienne and support Brandi.  In retrospect I would like to believe that Ken and Lisa realize what total tools they were to Kyle and Mauricio over Brandi and her lies.

They are linked because Lisa is on both shows. It didn't help for the first two seasons of Vanderpump Rules there was a crossover.  Lisa saying things like, "it is my business where your dick has been," illustrates to me that Lisa is extremely tawdry.  The show is all about Lisa and Ken's power and prestige and how she capitalizes on the antics of these waste of human lives individuals.  I have watched far too many episodes of her show and it is not flattering to Lisa. This is Lisa's show and she has complete creative control. Between her stale sex jokes and probably the worst management example of human resources on the planet.  I do believe that Lisa is holding her co-stars to the same level of complete blind loyalty she expects from the human waste that is her staff at SUR.  Sadly for the Vanderpump/Todd empire their hubris may be their undoing.  The little waitress that won the lawsuit, is an example of how utterly clueless Ken and Lisa have become.  None of these "mactors" have careers outside of Vanderpump Rules and recently it was revealed they make $3,000.00 an episode, to keep them "real". 

I can see where her co-stars do not want to follow suit with Lisa and Ken's idea of entertainment and with the likes of Carlton and Brandi things weren't looking too good last year. Gratuitous nudity courtesy of Lisa and Carlton, the  forced make out scenes between Brandi and Carlton. Thankfully, someone in control of RHOBH saw the light and moved RHOBH away from the mess Lisa created on her show.  More power to Lisa if her show succeeds but keep RHOBH far, far away from it.

At this point I think TPTB and her co-stars, (with the exception of Brandi) may be saving Lisa from her Vanderpump Rules state of mind.

Lisa does not have "complete creative control" on VR! LOL Even Andy has said that the title of EP is nothing more than an empty title, she has no real say on what is filmed or shown and has no say in the editing process, it is her restaurant and she gets to help pick the shows "staff" but that is where her contribution ends in the EP position and  I believe him on this, there is no way he would allow a HW to have that kind of control on any show, ever. Does she show a different side of herself on that show, Yes and it is not a pretty side at all. Do I think everything we see on either show is "real life" NO! IMO, both shows are staged and semi-scripted to such an extent that it is hard to know where real life ends and the "Reality TV" persona begins and they all have them - RT persona.

How can you find the owners guilty of something that the employee accused of doing it was found not guilty on? That makes no sense IMO, none. If the courts/jury thought the manager did not sexually harass the waitress then there was no sexual harassment and thereby no need for a sexual harassment policy. LOL

• Love 1