Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Non-compete clauses aren't valid in California and haven't been for a long time.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=BPC&sectionNum=16600.

I never discredited Kim AND Kyle's contributions to the family finances. Let's face it even though Kyle had the less prominent career, there is zero chance that Big Kathy didn't raid Kyle's earnings like she did Kim's.

The reason I know that Big Kathy's paramours were the breadwinners because she was married twice after Ken Richards. It also seems to be accepted fact that Big Kathy married guys with money and advised her daughters to do the same. So it seems highly unlikely that Big Kathy would marry for a 3rd and 4th time, but not use any of her husbands' money. Furthermore husband #3 ran a $100 million legitimate business and had illegitimate business earnings that were about the same amount, had mafia connections, and friendships with big celebrities like Carson, Sinatra, and Manilow. I can't see Big Kathy turning all that down.

My first job out of college was working on a federal drug and alcohol study that required me to keep track of and interview hundreds of individuals with drug and alcohol issues. I'm still working in behavioral health 20 years later. I don't dislike Kim because she's an addict. I dislike her because she isn't kind or nice and she's a narcissist. I have met addicts who were kind. Sober Kim is still kind of an asshole.  

My issue is that viewers seem to extend a ton of pity and compassion Kim's way because of her obvious problems and none Kyle's because Kyle's issues aren't as apparent. Some folks talk about their childhood as if somehow Kyle was clueless about it and spared that abuse. The clearest sign that she wasn't is the fact that she hovers over Kim the moment she suspects a problem. It's that Kyle micromanages. That shit comes from childhood. Kyle is going to be the first sister to make sure her kids graduate from college and that's another sign that Kyle experienced that toxicity too because college is an explicit rejection of Big Kathy's values.

Don't go crazy now!

So many excellent points.

I wonder if Kyle’s anxiety is due to her childhood. I agree that because she has her life so much more together than Kim people assume she must not have experienced any difficulty. Siblings do oftentimes actually have significantly different childhoods from one another. Age gaps, favoritism, so many factors come in to play. We’ll never know their true family history and all that they endured as kids, but I have absolutely noticed that some viewers have less heart for Kyle. My opinion is they see a beautiful woman, her hot husband, four Hollywood kids who’ve stayed out of trouble, all her money and they think her childhood must have been so much easier than Kim’s for her to be the more stable adult. Maybe it was, who knows. But I think from little things Kyle’s said (driving herself around LA at 13) and all we have heard about Big Kathy, Kyle’s probably been though her fair share of craziness. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

But I think from little things Kyle’s said (driving herself around LA at 13) and all we have heard about Big Kathy, and Kyle’s probably been though her fair share of craziness. 

The thing I remember Kay Rozario saying in House of Hilton was that Kyle was the one dragging Big Kathy's drunk ass out of bars and clubs and kicking Big Kathy's drunken hookups out of the house. Why is Kyle her least mature and rational when she's doing similar things with Kim? It's because it's triggering 40+ year old memories. They all need therapy.

Maybe working on a memoir will push Kim to be introspective about her life and evaluate her choices and behaviors. One of my biggest concerns about Kim is that she doesn't really seem to have any interests, passions, or even friends. She was an actress, but I don't get the sense that she likes acting and would like to do more of it as an adult. Hell, be weird and develop a passion for knitting and open a fiber and textile company like Karen Allen. But I wish the woman would find a passion for something constructive that has nothing to do with her kids or grandkids. It's a little worrisome.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
On 11/26/2019 at 11:52 AM, HunterHunted said:

The thing I remember Kay Rozario saying in House of Hilton wOne of my biggest concerns about Kim is that she doesn't really seem to have any interests, passions, or even friends. She was an actress, but I don't get the sense that she likes acting and would like to do more of it as an adult. Hell, be weird and develop a passion for knitting and open a fiber and textile company like Karen Allen. But I wish the woman would find a passion for something constructive that has nothing to do with her kids or grandkids. It's a little worrisome.

She mentioned in some article years ago that she loves gardening. That would be a good thing for her to take up again, I would think.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, HunterHunted said:

Maybe working on a memoir will push Kim to be introspective about her life and evaluate her choices and behaviors.

I have a feeling that she'll be more inclined to document all the ways in which people have exploited her, and all the heroic things that she did to overcome her life's tragedies(!)....

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I have a feeling that she'll be more inclined to document all the ways in which people have exploited her, and all the heroic things that she did to overcome her life's tragedies(!)....

So a work of fiction.

Kim hasn't overcome shit. She is incapable of working and supporting herself.

• Love 10
On 12/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, OldButHappy said:

Agree!  I was speculating how her delusional mind would spin the story of her life. I can't watch her.

I despise this worthless piece of trash.

And what will be her "story" line? Tell us Kim, where is your aggressive dog who bit so many people because your selfish ass never had him trained properly?

And how did you get sober from booze and drugs? Did you pay for it yourself? Did Kyle pay for it? Are really clean and sober?

You're a boring, washed up old hag. GO AWAY.

• Love 7
On 12/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, HunterHunted said:

So a work of fiction.

Kim hasn't overcome shit. She is incapable of working and supporting herself.

I dunno.  She's alive.  She's not living under a bridge or in a tent in the mountains.  Two big plusses in the the world of addiction.  

...and I speak from experience.  I have addicts and homeless people in my family.  I also have a "Kim and Kyle" sister relationship in my family that closely mirrors the Kim and Kyle sister relationship I see on tv.  

I also don't see Kim as narcissistic at all.  Not by a mile.  When she interacts with Kyle, what I see is an attempt at expressing her feelings (which Kyle perpetually dismisses) in hopes of Kyle actually listening and trying to understand her for once.

Genetics, addiction and lack of healthy rearing and socializaiton with a dash of Hollywood and fame sprinkled on top are responsible for most of the rest.  

Not that any of it should be used as an excuse for anything, but it does qualify as an explanation.  Everything is a certain way for a reason.  

And where addiction and rearing are concerned, barking orders a la Kyle, "Get clean!", "Get a  job!" make none of that baggage go away. It just pushes it in deeper.

IMO, I see Kim trying to live by the rules set by her domineering mother followed by those of her domineering sister.  She has unwittingly given all her power to those two and kept none for herself since early childhood.   She only knows this one way of living, and it's living for others - not for herself.

I feel she needs to flip this around and learn  that she has choice and power in how she lives her life.  Which, oddly enough, is likely all Kyle ever wanted for her.  Kyle's just coming at it the wrong way 

And, it's easier said than done.    From experience, the process of learning that one has power of choice is the hardest step - and she may never get there. Many don't.

Neither addiction nor psychological issues related to unhealthy rearing are easy to overcome.  They last a lifetime and rarely ever fully go away.  The best one can do is learn the root causes and manage them. 

Kim has made it this far, and I'd say that is something.

I also think genetics are at play quite a bit with things like this, and not just physically ( e.g. physical predisposition to alcohol) - but socially and psychologically as well.  Where rearing is concerned...even if Kim and Kyle were raised and treated by their mother in exactly the same way (which I don't think is possible in any family), it still doesn't mean they'd respond in the same way.   We are genetically wired differently which means  we interpret the same data from the same world differently. And in response, the world interprets us differently...and right out of the womb.

The moment we're born, we form a relationship with our parents that will be different from the relationship that parent has with ALL other siblings.

Through no fault of anyone.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 18
22 hours ago, Jextella said:

She's not living under a bridge or in a tent in the mountains.  Two big plusses in the the world of addiction.  

Agreed. And especially BIG plusses if your relatives/family are millionaires and enablers.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Agreed. And especially BIG plusses if your relatives/family are millionaires and enablers.

Makes it easier, for sure.  But it doesn't negate the point. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/26/2021 at 5:02 PM, nexxie said:

I know people will want to jump to the conclusion that Kathy and Kyle torpedoed the book, but there's already been a lot suggesting that Kim is too difficult to work with in order to publish and sell the book. She was sued by her ghostwriter for her unpaid fees. Writers have to pay for their fact checkers and this book NEEDS fact-checking. After that, they'd want to have Kim do press and maybe send Kim on a book tour. She might be doing better these days, but I'd be wary about sending her on a book tour. It's also possible that the publisher wanted more gossip about Big Kathy, Paris, Kathy Hilton, and/or the Davis family than Kim's manuscript delivered. Gossip about Paris and Kathy Hilton is key because both were likely a significant reason Kim got an advance as large as she did. Heck, the publisher might have wanted Kim to confirm or refute some of the more salacious House of Hilton stories and Kim refused. All of the sisters seem to acknowledge that Big Kathy did some not acceptable things, but NEVER want to speak ill of her. It's telling that the one thing Rinna did that got Kathy to publicly chastise her was when Rinna and Eden were wondering if Kim's susceptibility to addiction came from Big Kathy's alcohol issues.

Yeah, it's entirely possible that Kathy, Paris, or Kyle killed the book, but that's also telling how limited the expectations for the book actually were. Stassi's book shipped 100K hardcover copies. At a list price of $27, that's $2.7 million. Did Stassi get an advance? I don't know, but it probably wasn't  $300K like Kim got. I've read that publishers can take about 50% of the sales.

If Kim's book was projected to sell fewer copies than 100K, then it's pretty easy to pay the publisher to stop the book because it wasn't going to make all that much. However, Lauren Weisberger, who wrote The Devil Wears Prada, got a $250K advance. It sold 13 million copies. If the publisher thought Kim's book would sell a million copies at $25/book, then it's a lot less likely that Kathy, Kyle, or Paris could part with $10 -$12.5 million to pay the publisher to drop the book. Additionally, Harper Collins is a publicly traded company. How were they going to account for a new weird infusion of cash? If anyone pulled strings, it was the Rothschilds. However, it's also likely that with Kim's erratic behavior and revision of sales estimates that they realized it wasn't worth pursuing or worth suing Kim to get their money back.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

She really was quite lovely, wasn't she?

I often wondered what had happened to her (before RHOBH came along).  She wasn't an Oscar contender, to be sure, but she was a decent enough actress and attractive enough where I thought she would have gotten more roles.

Maybe she was happier being married and having babies and let her career go to the wayside.  She certainly didn't need the money so maybe her priorities changed.  She seems happy being a grandmother now.  

As much as I detested her on this show, I wish her well with her life.  Hopefully her hot mess antics are now a thing of the past and stay in the past.  

• Love 13

Every time I see young pictures of Kim she looks unrecognizable to me and I cant figure out why.  She was very pretty then and is pretty now, but I just can’t see any connections. Is it the eyebrows, face shape, idk. With Kathy and Kyle they resemble their younger selves even with work done, but with Kim to me she just looks so different.  

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 4:21 PM, Persnickety1 said:

I often wondered what had happened to her (before RHOBH came along).  She wasn't an Oscar contender, to be sure, but she was a decent enough actress and attractive enough where I thought she would have gotten more roles.

Maybe she was happier being married and having babies and let her career go to the wayside.  She certainly didn't need the money so maybe her priorities changed.  She seems happy being a grandmother now.  

As much as I detested her on this show, I wish her well with her life.  Hopefully her hot mess antics are now a thing of the past and stay in the past.  

She truly was lovely! And I really loved her work as a kid. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen the Witch Mountain films. 

I wish we could get a definite answer about that even though it’s probably deeply personal. From the way she handled the house conversation, little bits here and there I imagine she wanted her own family and to be taken care of by someone else instead of working, supporting everyone. There’s probably a lot of resentment about not having a childhood. 
Kim seems to really love, thrive in motherhood. I remember the Palm Springs trip in S1, she was so excited for the road trip with her kids, trying desperately the entire drive to get them to engage but they were all checked out. That scene was so sad to me. Also the various parties and such for her kids. She seemed lost that her kids no longer needed her so I got the vibe she had put so much of herself in to them that without that purpose she kinda spiraled. 

Edited by LemonSoda
  • Love 7

I'm trying to catch up to all of you. I'm on the second episode of the fourth season. Kim hired a dog trainer for Kingsley.

I haven't had a dog in years. We had to get rid of ours because my dad didn't have time to properly train him.

Do dog trainers normally hit other people's dogs?

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'm trying to catch up to all of you. I'm on the second episode of the fourth season. Kim hired a dog trainer for Kingsley.

I haven't had a dog in years. We had to get rid of ours because my dad didn't have time to properly train him.

Do dog trainers normally hit other people's dogs?

Not to my knowledge 

• Love 4
On 7/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, Persnickety1 said:

tumblr_ncgzljdW7y1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Kim always seemed to me to be suffering from trauma. As a beautiful young female actor during the 70s and 80s, with all the untethered Harvey Weinstein's running amuck, she likely encountered some abuse and self-medicated with alcohol and whatever else. 

I hated to see that she ended up with nothing. God. Why couldn't Kathy buy her a 'goddamn house' or Kyle just give her the 'goddamn house' she bought for their mom and shut up about it? I don't understand these sisters.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

tumblr_ncgzljdW7y1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Kim always seemed to me to be suffering from trauma. As a beautiful young female actor during the 70s and 80s, with all the untethered Harvey Weinstein's running amuck, she likely encountered some abuse and self-medicated with alcohol and whatever else. 

I hated to see that she ended up with nothing. God. Why couldn't Kathy buy her a 'goddamn house' or Kyle just give her the 'goddamn house' she bought for their mom and shut up about it? I don't understand these sisters.

Her own family/parenting was traumatic enough so I can’t imagine the wolves she encountered in Hollywood. 

Kim might be a mess but I have no doubt she’s been taken advantage of over the years by her siblings. The usual go to is how rich Kyle and Mauricio is but Mauricio hasn’t always been where he is. They started out in an apartment. 

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Went down a RHOBH rabbit hole and came back with this gem. 

Taking a moment to appreciate Kim's ex boyfriend, Ken. Lord.

image.png.99b7530355bd2d5b06ee57923de48adc.png

I remember some people attacked his look, and in a talking head Kim said everyone has their own taste and "I don't think Maurice is the most handsome guy on the block." lmao

• LOL 7
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember some people attacked his look, and in a talking head Kim said everyone has their own taste and "I don't think Maurice is the most handsome guy on the block." lmao

She’s not a shallow person which is shocking given the life she’s lived, some of the men she’s dated, married, had kids with. 

Mauricio must have the patience of a saint or a lot of edibles because life with Kyle seems exhausting. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

She’s not a shallow person which is shocking given the life she’s lived, some of the men she’s dated, married, had kids with. 

Mauricio must have the patience of a saint or a lot of edibles because life with Kyle seems exhausting. 

I know, I love that about her! Also, Kim has been with some really handsome men. Kimberly's dad is super hot. I thought her late fiancé was gorgeous too. I think his murder must have really missed with Kim. I can't imagine how painful that was. 

I agree about Kyle. I think there is a lot of good in her. I love how maternal she is. But she's both quick to cry and quick to get angry and yell.

15 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

Her own family/parenting was traumatic enough so I can’t imagine the wolves she encountered in Hollywood. 

Kim might be a mess but I have no doubt she’s been taken advantage of over the years by her siblings. The usual go to is how rich Kyle and Mauricio is but Mauricio hasn’t always been where he is. They started out in an apartment. 

Mauricio was kind of a diamond in the rough when Kyle met him. He was a cute guy who came from a good family and had potential to make $. I don't know if Kyle even knew he'd get better looking with age and become so rich. 

I believe Kyle when it comes to the goddamn house. I thought Kyle and Mauricio had supported Kim throughout the years too. Do you guys think that's not true, or that they haven't done enough? It would be really weird to me to have two incredibly rich sisters who don't help out. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I know, I love that about her! Also, Kim has been with some really handsome men. Kimberly's dad is super hot. I thought her late fiancé was gorgeous too. I think his murder must have really missed with Kim. I can't imagine how painful that was. 

I agree about Kyle. I think there is a lot of good in her. I love how maternal she is. But she's both quick to cry and quick to get angry and yell.

Mauricio was kind of a diamond in the roof when Kyle met him. He was a cute guy who came from a good family and had potential to make $. I don't know if Kyle even knew he'd get better looking with age and become so rich. 

I believe Kyle when it comes to the goddamn house. I thought Kyle and Mauricio had supported Kim throughout the years too. Do you guys think that's not true, or that they haven't done enough? It would be really weird to me to have two incredibly rich sisters who don't help out. 

I thought I read somewhere on here that Kyle bought the house or condo that Kim currently lives in and that she doesn't pay any sort of rent?  I bet both sisters support her financially, but I also wonder if that's a fine line due to her addiction issues.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I thought I read somewhere on here that Kyle bought the house or condo that Kim currently lives in and that she doesn't pay any sort of rent?  I bet both sisters support her financially, but I also wonder if that's a fine line due to her addiction issues.

I hope that's true. Kim was drifting around, going from rental to rental, and then there was the shoplifting thing. Oy. It never made sense why Kathy just didn't buy her a little house or tuck her away in a guest cottage somewhere and get her some help...maybe she tried, who knows.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Mauricio was kind of a diamond in the roof when Kyle met him. He was a cute guy who came from a good family and had potential to make $. I don't know if Kyle even knew he'd get better looking with age and become so rich. 

I think she saw his potential and the fact that his family didn’t like her was a challenge for her. Up until him, his family she had been able to coast on being a cute actress. She had to work hard, convert, put up with a lot to prove herself. Which I imagine can be damaging to someone already coming from a place of not being good enough. 

I don’t know the house story specifics. But I believe she supported them through out the years and as she’s a mess I can imagine they made decisions about her without her. 

The real sadness to me is nothing from her busiest acting years was set aside for her future, it went to Big Kathy’s Chanel and diamonds. I can’t imagine the grief of being the breadwinner then left with nothing. Kim is Kim but she should at the very least have a safe, paid for home to show for all her years of work. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

I hope that's true. Kim was drifting around, going from rental to rental, and then there was the shoplifting thing. Oy. It never made sense why Kathy just didn't buy her a little house or tuck her away in a guest cottage somewhere and get her some help...maybe she tried, who knows.

Well, they've probably had to pony up for all the dog bite lawsuits and costs, attorneys and fees from that and her multiple arrests over the years, if she couldn't cover it. I can see that building big time resentment. Didn't I read she also has big tax liens? (What is with these reality folks and not paying their taxes?!) I've also wondered why none of them had Kim live with them. Maybe she refuses? 

Addiction is a real beast and if she had funds saved back, it's possible she couldn't hang on to any of it while she was actively using. (I'm not sure exactly what her go-to is, is it solely alcohol?)

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

I think she saw his potential and the fact that his family didn’t like her was a challenge for her. Up until him, his family she had been able to coast on being a cute actress. She had to work hard, convert, put up with a lot to prove herself. Which I imagine can be damaging to someone already coming from a place of not being good enough. 

I don’t know the house story specifics. But I believe she supported them through out the years and as she’s a mess I can imagine they made decisions about her without her. 

The real sadness to me is nothing from her busiest acting years was set aside for her future, it went to Big Kathy’s Chanel and diamonds. I can’t imagine the grief of being the breadwinner then left with nothing. Kim is Kim but she should at the very least have a safe, paid for home to show for all her years of work. 

51 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Well, they've probably had to pony up for all the dog bite lawsuits and costs, attorneys and fees from that and her multiple arrests over the years, if she couldn't cover it. I can see that building big time resentment. Didn't I read she also has big tax liens? (What is with these reality folks and not paying their taxes?!) I've also wondered why none of them had Kim live with them. Maybe she refuses? 

Addiction is a real beast and if she had funds saved back, it's possible she couldn't hang on to any of it while she was actively using. (I'm not sure exactly what her go-to is, is it solely alcohol?)

It's so hard to tell what's true. Kim says one thing, Kyle says another thing. The truth often falls somewhere in the middle, but not always. I also thought Big Kathy notoriously dated/married men who made good money. That would lead me to believe what Kyle says is more accurate. Why would it be on Kim to buy everything, including Kyle's first car, if the parents should have been able to cover it? Is there a source other than Kim to back up the claims that Kim "did it all"? Kyle may have been a child actor and not a child star, but she was a working actress as a little girl too. Looking at Kim's IMDB, she worked her butt off in the 70s, but it looks like that came to a halt around the mid 80s, when she became a mom. 

I've known many people who made/were given a lot of money and are/were irresponsible. I have rich grandparents, and my own uncles will go through millions of dollars like nothing. So I don't know if I completely believe that Kim is broke because she supported everyone and no one ever supported her back. 

1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I've read that too, but it's hard to tell what's true. Kyle and Mauricio weren't always rich, so maybe they became more generous with Kim the more successful Mauricio became? I think Kim was getting good alimony for many years too, right? My guess is both sisters would want Kim living comfortably but don't want to be enablers. I know Kyle can be a bitch on TV, and I HATED what she did season 1 with Kim. But I do believe she loves all her family, including Kim, very much and only wants the best. I'm sure Kathy isn't perfect either. No one is, but it would put no dent in her pocket to make sure Kim has a home. 

I guess we might all guess differently as far as the truth regarding Kim's sisters looking out for her, but we all agree that Kim should be living comfortably. If I had a lot of money, especially if it were in some way due to my sister being a child star, I'd sure as hell make sure she is taken care of. It's just more complicated with Kim. :( I hope she is doing well. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It's so hard to tell what's true. Kim says one thing, Kyle says another thing. The truth often falls somewhere in the middle, but not always. I also thought Big Kathy notoriously dated/married men who made good money. That would lead me to believe what Kyle says is more accurate. Why would it be on Kim to buy everything, including Kyle's first car, if the parents should have been able to cover it? Is there a source other than Kim to back up the claims that Kim "did it all"? Kyle may have been a child actor and not a child star, but she was a working actress as a little girl too. Looking at Kim's IMDB, she worked her butt off in the 70s, but it looks like that came to a halt around the mid 80s, when she became a mom. 

I've known many people who made/were given a lot of money and are/were irresponsible. I have rich grandparents, and my own uncles will go through millions of dollars like nothing. So I don't know if I completely believe that Kim is broke because she supported everyone and no one ever supported her back. 

I've read that too, but it's hard to tell what's true. Kyle and Mauricio weren't always rich, so maybe they became more generous with Kim the more successful Mauricio became? I think Kim was getting good alimony for many years too, right? My guess is both sisters would want Kim living comfortably but don't want to be enablers. I know Kyle can be a bitch on TV, and I HATED what she did season 1 with Kim. But I do believe she loves all her family, including Kim, very much and only wants the best. I'm sure Kathy isn't perfect either. No one is, but it would put no dent in her pocket to make sure Kim has a home. 

I guess we might all guess differently as far as the truth regarding Kim's sisters looking out for her, but we all agree that Kim should be living comfortably. If I had a lot of money, especially if it were in some way due to my sister being a child star, I'd sure as hell make sure she is taken care of. It's just more complicated with Kim. :( I hope she is doing well. 

I hope she’s doing well too! 
We’ll never know what is what, who did what. Kim feels used, exploited and there has to be a reason why. 
Families are very complex. 

• Love 5

I’m doing a rewatch of season 1 and Kyle said that Kim has a spending problem. When she turned 18 and got access to her money she spent it all. She also gets alimony for life unless she remarries from her divorce from one of her wealthy husbands. She’s not “broke” at this stage of her life. It sounds like a Tori Spelling situation. Whatever money comes in flows right back out.

Edited by charming
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, charming said:

I’m doing a rewatch of season 1 and Kyle said that when Kim has a spending problem. When she turned 18 and got access to her money she spent it all. She also gets alimony for life unless she remarries from her divorce from one of her wealthy husbands. She’s not “broke” at this stage of her life. It sounds like a Tori Spelling situation. Whatever money comes in flows right back out.

And a lot of it at least back then was she had kids she couldn’t seem to say no go for anything. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, charming said:

I’m doing a rewatch of season 1 and Kyle said that when Kim has a spending problem. When she turned 18 and got access to her money she spent it all. She also gets alimony for life unless she remarries from her divorce from one of her wealthy husbands. She’s not “broke” at this stage of her life. It sounds like a Tori Spelling situation. Whatever money comes in flows right back out.

I also thought of Tori. If she’s getting alimony for life, you’re right that she’s probably not broke. She might just be broke in comparison to her sisters. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I think Kim's ex-fiancé, John, with whom she has Kimberly is an attractive man. What little I've seen of him, he seems like a decent human being too.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I think Kim's ex-fiancé, John, with whom she has Kimberly is an attractive man. What little I've seen of him, he seems like a decent human being too.

She seems to have married/had kids with but not stayed with some really decent men. Back in the TWOP days someone who knew her when she was married to Monty said there was a lot of family meddling in her relationships. So who knows? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She seems to have married/had kids with but not stayed with some really decent men. Back in the TWOP days someone who knew her when she was married to Monty said there was a lot of family meddling in her relationships. So who knows? 

Based off what I've seen, so far, of the series, I'm not surprised.

Kim's family seems all up in her business.

What I've noticed about Kim is that she's an adult, clearly loves being a mom, but she seems mentally and emotionally trapped in her teens. She even acts and talks like a teen. 

I know former child actors have talked about maturity levels freezing at the age at which they finally achieved a decent amount of fame.

This definitely seems to be the case for Kim.

1 minute ago, Surrealist said:

Edited by Surrealist
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Surrealist said:

What I've noticed about Kim is that she's an adult, clearly loves being a mom, but she seems mentally and emotionally trapped in her teens. I know former child actors have talked about maturity levels freezing at the age at which they finally achieved a decent amount of fame.

Yeah she really thrives in the Mom title. The driving to palm springs scenes were so sad because she was so desperate for her kids to interact with her. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LemonSoda said:

Yeah she really thrives in the Mom title. The driving to palm springs scenes were so sad because she was so desperate for her kids to interact with her. 

I genuinely feel sorry for her. She comes across as lost more often than not.

Big Kathy did quite the number on all her daughters.

• Love 4
On 9/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, Surrealist said:

What I've noticed about Kim is that she's an adult, clearly loves being a mom, but she seems mentally and emotionally trapped in her teens. She even acts and talks like a teen. 

I know former child actors have talked about maturity levels freezing at the age at which they finally achieved a decent amount of fame.

Same goes for substance abuse. People stop developing emotionally and socially at the age they "check out" via substance abuse. Similar concepts.

Ditto regarding Kim's family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7