Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Translation:  He's a reality show prop.  This chick is really, really damaged.

The problem is that Kim has no abiding passion for anything. She was a child actress, but she's never been that interested in acting or any of the other parts of show business. I look at some of her peers who have continued acting, become writers, directors, producers, agents, and musicians, gone to college, gotten involved charity, taught acting, written memoirs, turned to hosting and entertainment journalism, public speaking, endorsed products, or walked away from the business. If you look at a lot of Kim's contemporaries who are still alive (Brooke Shields, Kristy McNichol, Robbie Rist, Tatum O'Neal, Mindy Cohn, Lisa Welchel, Jodie Foster, and Jackie Earle Haley), they've done these things. 

She's a mother who says she cares for her kids and I think she does, but her substance problems, narcissism, and victim complex means that she's often a completely awful mother. Her kids are often left to rely on their fathers, each other, and Aunt Kyle.

Kathy hooked herself a Hilton and was never going to let go. Kyle seems to be slightly more down to earth, a little more curious, and less allergic to work than her sisters. Kim has this whole learned helplessness thing, which means she's always expecting someone to rescue her out of the messes she created with no acknowledgment that she created the current catastrophe.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Kim has this whole learned helplessness thing, which means she's always expecting someone to rescue her out of the messes she created with no acknowledgment that she created the current catastrophe.

She has definitely nailed the Professional Victim job description.  Whether this is all due to her alcoholism/substance abuse or if she is simply a damaged human which then evolved into addiction isn't known.  It would seem that both Kathy and Kyle escaped those problems.  I don't find any of the three to be compelling humans, though I don't know much about Kathy, beyond the fact that two of her three kids were pretty abysmal.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

though I don't know much about Kathy, beyond the fact that two of her three kids were pretty abysmal.

Kathy has 4 kids, Paris, Nicky, Barron, and Conrad. I often say that Kathy has managed to raise between 1.29 - 1.75 decent kids. Barron had his own issues with drugs and alcohol. He had this weird violent drug filled feud with Lindsay Lohan some years back. He's allegedly an actor, director, and a model. He's recently married, but more importantly, the only one of Kathy's children to graduate from college.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Kathy has 4 kids

I stand corrected.  Seems like Nicky managed to settle down and shake the celebutante rich bitch affliction that her sister couldn't shake.  I don't know which son is which, so yeah.  There are plenty of obscenely wealthy people who raised decent kids, so it is apparently possible.

• Love 4

Conrad is the kid who is the news all of the time now. He's a mess. He's a Kim type mess--lots of substance and mental illness issues with a healthy dose of entitlement. Though the thing that is really weird and messed up with him is that the ex-girlfriend that he's been harassing is the daughter of Paris' sex partner in the "One Night in Paris" sex tape. Ugh!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Conrad is the kid who is the news all of the time now. He's a mess. He's a Kim type mess--lots of substance and mental illness issues with a healthy dose of entitlement. Though the thing that is really weird and messed up with him is that the ex-girlfriend that he's been harassing is the daughter of Paris' sex partner in the "One Night in Paris" sex tape. Ugh!

Wow.  So he's keeping it in the family so to speak.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Kim reminds me of a dumber, less educated, and less worldly Lee Radziwill. Lee has tried a bunch of different professions and none of them seemed to stick because she's primarily interested in swanning about well-dressed, with fabulous company, and dropping kinda bitchy kinda funny bon mots. Lee has also had her issues with alcohol and money. She'd often drop Tony and Tina off with Jackie and just be gone for months.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

the only one of Kathy's children to graduate from college.

Rich people who don’t value and emphasize education for their children perplex me, even if it’s just for the social/networking/wealth accumulation reasons! 

• Love 6

Oh sweet Jesus.  6 years and no sex????  And I say this as a pretty much celibate person for the past 10+ years.  But I’m also single for the past 10+ years.  Kim just frustrates me for reasons like this.  HE’S NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND.  Her kids are embarrassed once again (except maybe Chad since he seems to be Kim Jr.).  Well, I’d be embarrassed if she was my mom or grandmom.  But hey, she’s mad at Kyle over an innocuous summer TV show that lasted one season.

Who is this mystery man anyways?  The non sex BF.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Rich people who don’t value and emphasize education for their children perplex me, even if it’s just for the social/networking/wealth accumulation reasons! 

It weirds me out too. I've attended elite schools for all of my education prior to college. It's strange to think of my contemporaries as people who would exploit themselves for fleeting money and profit. And I can only recall one girl who didn't immediately go to college. She had substance issues. She still managed to get a bachelors and an MBA.

But then again Holly Frazier, who would later become part of Dance Moms, was my college counselor at my prep school.

• Love 7
On 9/22/2018 at 1:00 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

So this week on the show was "true confessions" - she that they've never had sex, him that he's made his move and she's completely uninterested.  But yeah - they're a couple!  In other news, TV finally got me to side with Kim in an argument!  By having her argue with Insufferable Twat "Aubrey ODay" :D

• Love 4

This week we learn that in addition to never having had sex, they have also never had a fight during their "six year relationship".  Also, one of the "experts" pulled Kim's guy aside to ask him why Kim does not sleep and why she spends all night in the bathroom.  He claims he does not know, and Kim grilled him hard to make him repeat exactly what he told the "doctor".

• Love 8

I am so disappointed. I couldn't care less who she's not fucking. The timeline doesn't feel right but whatever. I DID NOTE she went into the bathroom with her backpack. Damnit!   

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 6

Who the heck even cares anymore about Kim Richards....  Just sayin.  The shows that she appears on now as well as Brandi or who ever are about has beens just trying to make a dime.  I don't watch.  It's just desperate and sad.

• Love 6

Well once I've been sucked in I can't seem to stop, so I'll continue to give reports on how Kim and Wynn are not a real couple.  (I can't even make fun of his name when their colleagues call themselves Puma, Quoni, Dr. Ish, Momma Dee and Aubrey Oday.  Although I've come to like Puma in spite of myself :). Last week was boring Kim-wise, but tonight we were told she would reveal a shocking sex secret! which turned out to be that she can't remember the last time she had sex.  Then teased at commercials that that wasn't it and we had to stay tuned to hear Kim's X-rated confession!  Which turns out to be that she likes sex toys.  But not that often or she won't be satisfied by "her man".  She informed Superslut Aubrey Oday that she was not required to say which ones she likes :D

• Love 6

Last week they had to share 3 big traumas from their past - Kim's were 1. death of her mother, 2.  her murdered fiance, and 3.  NOT Kyle stealing her house, as you might have guessed, but that she was inappropriately touched by the ice cream man when she was a child.

• Love 4

And the season ends with Kim and Wynn "deciding to stay together" - the "expert" told Kim that that means he will be "in her pants soon" and Kim pretended to be thrilled.  They shared their first kiss and went on their happy way, while the "experts" mocked their kissing abilities.  Then the update they do at the end informed us that they were not together any more because Kim was too busy with her grandson.  I guess this gig pays the rent :D

• Love 6

Rewatching season 1 of RHBH now. So many iconic moments of the show happened in this first season. I have not always followed it. Wanted to comment on Kim. Her permanent speech affect is slurring her words. Any time she speaks I can't help but hear her do nothing but slur.  Her skin is so dried out and beat up. Alcoholism is no joke. 

• Love 5

Did anyone else see a bizarre promo for...Kyle(?) I don't even know what the hell the ad was for. It was Kyle going about her day, with no one knowing Who She Is. Then she runs into Teddi in a restaurant, and I don't know what happened, the table flipped, wine flew. Kyle's "acting" was horrible, and it was bad. And I have no idea what it was for.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's a tv ad for that movie where the world gets amnesia about the Beatles.

The world gets amnesia about real ho wives.

It's so very bad.  Like how did Kyle have an acting career bad.

confused suzanne somers GIF

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

It's a tv ad for that movie where the world gets amnesia about the Beatles.

The world gets amnesia about real ho wives.

It's so very bad.  Like how did Kyle have an acting career bad.

confused suzanne somers GIF

Thank you. I was wondering why they did the imitation Beatlemania chase thing, and was offended on behalf of them (The Beatles). Kyle's acting was beyond bad. 

I feel exactly like that gif.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m curious if Kim’s book will cause friction among the sisters the way American Woman did. 

Hmmm.....IDK.  I don't believe much of what Kim or anyone in her family has to say.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m curious if Kim’s book will cause friction among the sisters the way American Woman did. 

That was my thought, as well. If a show inspired by Kyle’s life led to the sisters not speaking, what would Kim’s autobiography do?

• Love 3

I guess she might have tons of fans.

Just none in her family.

Not the sister whose husband is pissed that Maugreasio stole “tons” of agents and listings.

Not the sister who knows in her heart that “She stole her Goddam house!”

Her family can agree about one thing.

”Goodbye Kyle.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 11/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I guess she might have tons of fans.

Just none in her family.

Not the sister whose husband is pissed that Maugreasio stole “tons” of agents and listings.

Not the sister who knows in her heart that “She stole her Goddam house!”

Her family can agree about one thing.

”Goodbye Kyle.”

Spot on.  And "Maugreasio" is hysterical.

Of course I don't know the facts, and odds are good that Kim was in financial dire straights when Kim and Maugreasio took the house, but the point remains, they took the house, and that had to have hurt.  Especially if Kim had no say in it, which is likely the case. And, even if she didn't have the financial means to support it,  it's a loss, it hurt, and how Kyle handled it clearly upset Kim. 

There was an episode in which Kyle says she took over her sister's finances early on.  Ugh.  I know most won't agree, but I think Kyle railroads Kim and calls it "helping".  It's her way or the highway.  I just don't see how barking orders at Kim and controlling her life helps Kim get better emotionally. 

As to kissing Kathy H's ass, I don't see it that way.  Kyle and Maugreasio are takers - even when its at the expense of their siblings, IMO.  Kim and Kathy have been on the receiving end and seem to understand each other.  

I'll be really curious about what Kim includes in her autobiography.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
On 11/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, Jextella said:

There was an episode in which Kyle says she took over her sister's finances early on.  Ugh.  I know most won't agree, but I think Kyle railroads Kim and calls it "helping".  It's her way or the highway.  I just don't see how barking orders at Kim and controlling her life helps Kim get better emotionally. 

I'm sure Kyle's goal was more in line with keeping Kim from being found in the street like Margot Kidder.  Kim's not going to get better emotionally until she takes responsibility for that herself.

• Love 7

Kim was one of the Bravo celebrities at the Vanderpump Dogs Annual Gala along with Shannon Beador and the Vanderpump Rules gang.

Maybe she is angling for a gig on the new Vanderpump Dogs show. She has a better chance than on her sisters show.

Maybe  she can teach the dogs biting.

• LOL 7
On 11/23/2019 at 5:28 PM, princelina said:

On 11/23/2019 at 5:28 PM, princelina said:

I'm sure Kyle's goal was more in line with keeping Kim from being found in the street like Margot Kidder.  Kim's not going to get better emotionally until she takes responsibility for that herself.

Curious what qualifies Kyle as a financial guru. She hasn't had a job in 30 years, and her husband's worked at her brother in-law's business. 

Kyle and Kim are co-dependent, and Kyle is a shit sister. She buys a 3rd home while her homeless sister shoplifts from Target, then cries on the reunion about how hard Kim makes her life. What an asshole. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kim was one of the Bravo celebrities at the Vanderpump Dogs Annual Gala along with Shannon Beador and the Vanderpump Rules gang.

Maybe she is angling for a gig on the new Vanderpump Dogs show. She has a better chance than on her sisters show.

Maybe  she can teach the dogs biting.

Kim is the last Bravoleberity that should be at a gala celebrating dogs. She's the poster child for irresponsible pet ownership. No, I didn't forget Dorit. She'd be just as bad.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10

Yeah, I agree.

Curious what qualifies Kyle as a financial guru. She hasn't had a job in 30 years, and her husband's worked at her brother in-law's business. 

Lots of housewives don't work and still run the household finances. Kyle being sober was probably a little better at it than Kim at the time.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Kyle and Kim are co-dependent, and Kyle is a shit sister. She buys a 3rd home while her homeless sister shoplifts from Target, then cries on the reunion about how hard Kim makes her life. What an asshole. 

Let's see, Kyle wasn't getting $700K in alimony and child support and tried to borrow against her 1/3rd ownership of the Indian Wells house to get $20,000 like Kim did. Kyle isn't living in a house completely owned and paid for by another sister like Kim is doing right now in a home Kyle bought. Furthermore, Kim brought that fucking feral dog into said house and let it maul someone else. When there's a new lawsuit, Kim doesn't even attempt to defend herself and Kyle is dragged into it as the home owner. That's some evil shit for Kim to do. I'm not saying they aren't highly co-dependent, but Kim is a shit sister too. Kim isn't trustworthy.

People bring up the Indian Wells/Palm Spring house without understanding that there is no universe where Kim was the sole breadwinner. There were years where she didn't make that much. There were periods after her parents' divorce that Big Kathy had beaus with a lot of money. If Kim's childhood earnings can be carried through all the way down to the Indian Wells house, what about the San Diego house in between Bel Air and Indian Wells. This is the one after Big Kathy and Jack Catain. What about Bob Fenton's contributions to the Indian Wells house? I've done my research. I've gone through newspaper articles, property tax records, and SAG pay scales from 40 and 50 years ago. I don't just believe Kyle. I don't just believe HoH. I verify.

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Let's see, Kyle wasn't getting $700K in alimony and child support and tried to borrow against her 1/3rd ownership of the Indian Wells house to get $20,000 like Kim did. Kyle isn't living in a house completely owned and paid for by another sister like Kim is doing right now in a home Kyle bought. Furthermore, Kim brought that fucking feral dog into said house and let it maul someone else. When there's a new lawsuit, Kim doesn't even attempt to defend herself and Kyle is dragged into it as the home owner. That's some evil shit for Kim to do. I'm not saying they aren't highly co-dependent, but Kim is a shit sister too. Kim isn't trustworthy.

People bring up the Indian Wells/Palm Spring house without understanding that there is no universe where Kim was the sole breadwinner. There were years where she didn't make that much. There were periods after her parents' divorce that Big Kathy had beaus with a lot of money. If Kim's childhood earnings can be carried through all the way down to the Indian Wells house, what about the San Diego house in between Bel Air and Indian Wells. This is the one after Big Kathy and Jack Catain. What about Bob Fenton's contributions to the Indian Wells house? I've done my research. I've gone through newspaper articles, property tax records, and SAG pay scales from 40 and 50 years ago. I don't just believe Kyle. I don't just believe HoH. I verify.

Arguably, Kyle *is* living in a house bought and paid for by another sister. Mauricio broke a non-compete with his brother in-law, stole clients for his new company (subsequently scammed those clients) then bought a new house. What a tangled web...

Researching publicly available property tax records and viewing 1970 SAG rates somehow discredits Kim's career and contributions to her mother and siblings and means Kathy's bfs were breadwinners in the Richards' household?  Don't follow the logic here but okay. 

Kim is easy to hate. I get it. She's an addict, she's broke, she's socially awkward, she's self-obsessed, irresponsible, reckless, even her dog bites...yup. All true. In comparison to Kyle, Kim is a hot mess. Or maybe she just sucks at hiding her shit? Kim and Kyle are two sides of the same damn coin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

I wasn't calling Kyle a financial guru, just the person paying Kim's bills.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Arguably, Kyle *is* living in a house bought and paid for by another sister. Mauricio broke a non-compete with his brother in-law, stole clients for his new company (subsequently scammed those clients) then bought a new house. What a tangled web...

Non-compete clauses aren't valid in California and haven't been for a long time.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=BPC&sectionNum=16600.

Researching publicly available property tax records and viewing 1970 SAG rates somehow discredits Kim's career and contributions to her mother and siblings and means Kathy's bfs were breadwinners in the Richards' household?  Don't follow the logic here but okay.

I never discredited Kim AND Kyle's contributions to the family finances. Let's face it even though Kyle had the less prominent career, there is zero chance that Big Kathy didn't raid Kyle's earnings like she did Kim's.

The reason I know that Big Kathy's paramours were the breadwinners because she was married twice after Ken Richards. It also seems to be accepted fact that Big Kathy married guys with money and advised her daughters to do the same. So it seems highly unlikely that Big Kathy would marry for a 3rd and 4th time, but not use any of her husbands' money. Furthermore husband #3 ran a $100 million legitimate business and had illegitimate business earnings that were about the same amount, had mafia connections, and friendships with big celebrities like Carson, Sinatra, and Manilow. I can't see Big Kathy turning all that down.

Kim is easy to hate. I get it. She's an addict, she's broke, she's socially awkward, she's self-obsessed, irresponsible, reckless, even her dog bites...yup. All true. In comparison to Kyle, Kim is a hot mess. Or maybe she just sucks at hiding her shit? Kim and Kyle are two sides of the same damn coin. 

My first job out of college was working on a federal drug and alcohol study that required me to keep track of and interview hundreds of individuals with drug and alcohol issues. I'm still working in behavioral health 20 years later. I don't dislike Kim because she's an addict. I dislike her because she isn't kind or nice and she's a narcissist. I have met addicts who were kind. Sober Kim is still kind of an asshole.  

My issue is that viewers seem to extend a ton of pity and compassion Kim's way because of her obvious problems and none Kyle's because Kyle's issues aren't as apparent. Some folks talk about their childhood as if somehow Kyle was clueless about it and spared that abuse. The clearest sign that she wasn't is the fact that she hovers over Kim the moment she suspects a problem. It's that Kyle micromanages. That shit comes from childhood. Kyle is going to be the first sister to make sure her kids graduate from college and that's another sign that Kyle experienced that toxicity too because college is an explicit rejection of Big Kathy's values.

42 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kyle is a style guru.

Don't go crazy now!

• Useful 3
  • Love 13

That’s not crazy.

Being a style guru is one of Kyles mystical accomplishments like being a good friend and a loving sister.

On this season of the RHOBH she will triumph in her bitter rivalry with LIsa Vanderpump by trumping LVP’s bougy Minature horse and ill tempered swans with her new collection of unicorns and griffins on her new estate Casa Greasy.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • LOL 3

On was this season of the RHOBH she will triumph in her bitter rivalry with LIsa Vanderpump by trumping her bougy Minature horse and ill tempered swans with her new collection of unicorns and griffins on her new estate Casa Greasy.

May the odds be ever in her favor.

I wasn't calling Kyle a financial guru, just the person paying Kim's bills.

Is beloved sister Kathy making any contributions?

• Love 2