Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Revolutions Per Minute

Kiera's relationship with the Freelancers is pushed to the limit as she forges a deeper connection with the mysterious John Doe. Alec crosses the rubicon to protect his legacy. Kiera makes a shocking discovery.

I'm about to watch this episode, hopefully there's more pained!Carlos.

They still trying to ship Kierlos? but I still think Carlos is the one in love and Kiera still hopes to get back to her hubby and child, until the time travel "orange' is destroyed I don't think Kiera will look at Carlos other than a police partner..

So what, If this new guy is someone from the future of this present timeline and he doesn't know who Alec Sadlar is - does this mean that the future that Kiera comes from no longer exist ? And now Kellog is this important figure in the future? And how much money should I put down that this new guy's mission is to kill Kiera.

I like the other Alec better, and I really want the writers to take us back to the proper timeline again.

Yes, the guy was sent to kill Keira. We did see him kill "other" her after all.

I dislike all Alecs right now. The other choosing Emily over Keira getting back to her family, this one just being evil enough to let Keira go about her day with her murderer on the loose.

I can't say any of these characters are recongizable. I'm still into the show, but I'm also kind of reaching a point of exhaustion. I don't know anyone's goals and I think everyone is reaching a point of being terrible.

• Love 1

This was a good episode for Kellog, the timeline now interests me. It looks like he becomes someone powerful in the future. Yes! Hopefully this means more screen time and a better developed story for him. I love his scenes with Kiera, they have such a good rapport. I love hew he feigned being upset by snatching the bottle up off the counter.

I also like that this Alec is more duplicitous, it suits him. Tbh, I just want Garza to beat him again, and then for him to discover that he likes it and to start paying for the pleasure. Which links up to their relationship in the original future timeline. I've been waiting for the sketchy side of Alec to come out, so I hope we get more.

No pained!Carlos. Well it was nice while it lasted. lol 

This mystery guy is now interesting. His presence was threatening to drag the show down, but it seems he's been sent back to kill Kiera. What I don't understand though, is how that all appeared on the video? Didn't it previously show Curtis killing her? I thought that came from dead!Kiera's chip?

Has anyone noticed that Rachel is a bit thinner this season? I remember in S1 thinking that her size is good because of all the fight scenes. And I was happy that finally a more athletic woman, (relative to Hollywood standards), is in a leading action role. Now looking at her arms and thighs, she's much thinner, and bit painful tbh. It's always the way though isn't it. The first breakout season, the actresses are closer to "normal" and then as it goes on they get thinner.

(edited)

Yes, the guy was sent to kill Keira. We did see him kill "other" her after all.

But Kiera also saw Curtis kill her. Does that mean there was a third Kiera?

I dislike all Alecs right now. The other choosing Emily over Keira getting back to her family, this one just being evil enough to let Keira go about her day with her murderer on the loose.

I can't say any of these characters are recongizable.

Yes, but that's the point of this episode. They are changing into people not recognizable as themselves prior to the effects of time travel on their worlds, on their viewpoints, and on their thinking. The show spells it out for us with NoName (I know he has a name now, but I didn't catch it) saying his future doesn't know Alec Sadler--that Kellogg is the Bill Gates equivalent. So I'm guessing this Alec dies and the prisoner Alec get put back into play--with or without the blessing of the Freelancers. And yes, he was a selfish teenager in love, but having been to the White Room Prison and then getting a second chance will change him. I don't see how that would change him for the better, but other factors might.

Anyway, I liked this episode because we saw Kiera change. We saw her complete her break from being a drone who follows authority. Even though Liber8 manipulated her to expose the big pharma whose Alzheimer's drug was going to turn out to be an addictive street drug, that doesn't mean she might not decide they are on the right side.

It was also great to see Alec and his step brother communicating again. Not quite sure where that's going. Maybe Julian is the one to kill this Alec?

Edited by shapeshifter

This was a good episode for Kellog, the timeline now interests me. It looks like he becomes someone powerful in the future. Yes! Hopefully this means more screen time and a better developed story for him. I love his scenes with Kiera, they have such a good rapport.

I felt the same about this timeline. I enjoyed these two characters' interactions as well. Also, I'm eager to see her relationship with Carlos heal. There were just too many people against her before this episode, and it was because of that that I wasn't surprised that the future soldier had come back in time to kill her. Though, now it seems the stranger won't do it. I look forward to seeing what happens between them.

But Kiera also saw Curtis kill her. Does that mean there was a third Kiera?

Did she? Or did she only see him point the gun at her with no accompanying muzzle flash to show a bullet had been shot? I don't have that episode anymore to check.

Greenbean, your Alec/Garza comment made me chuckle.

Yes, but that's the point of this episode. They are changing into people not recognizable as themselves prior to the effects of time travel on their worlds, on their viewpoints, and on their thinking.

I think the personality changes for the people in the current timeline were too extreme, but I accept that what you say is what they are trying to show.

Anyway, I liked this episode because we saw Kiera change. We saw her complete her break from being a drone who follows authority. Even though Liber8 manipulated her to expose the big pharma whose Alzheimer's drug was going to turn out to be an addictive street drug, that doesn't mean she might not decide they are on the right side.

It was also great to see Alec and his step brother communicating again. Not quite sure where that's going. Maybe Julian is the one to kill this Alec?

I liked Kiera's change, too. Also, what happened between Alec and Julian was very interesting. It made me wonder: a man, who would have been killed along with his family if he hadn't volunteered for the job, was sent back in time to kill Kiera - why? Maybe Kiera will take up the Theseus mantle in this timeline. Also, if Kellogg becomes a very important man, maybe he does so by pandering to both sides - corporations and liber8 - like he does now.

I can't say any of these characters are recongizable. I'm still into the show, but I'm also kind of reaching a point of exhaustion. I don't know anyone's goals and I think everyone is reaching a point of being terrible.

I was feeling that way, but I did like this last episode. As far as the Alecs are concerned, I think the one in the cage has some development potential, while businessAlec seems headed in only one direction. Though, I wish Kiera wouldn't upbraid a guy BEFORE he shares the secret he wanted to tell her. I guess that's her, though - an all-cards-on-the-table kind of woman. :)

(edited)

Well, I guess Kiera is the female character from a Canadian Sci-fi show NOT allowed to say, "This is my body, my biology"*

Did she? Or did she only see him point the gun at her with no accompanying muzzle flash to show a bullet had been shot? I don't have that episode anymore to check.

I thought the video just showed new future guy pointing a gun at Kiera, not firing and Curtis firing. This is definitely a re-watch episode with a lot of story and exposition. Since I'm a huge Kellogg fan, I welcome any storyline for him and now that it seems he's bigger than Alec in the future, I am a happy gal! I do hope Jason survives Halo's test phase. Anyone else bummed new future guy isn't her son? But kudos for the writers avoiding that sci-fi trope.

EDIT: Re-watched. In the footage we see Brad's gun fire, not Curtis'.

*Cosima Niehaus from "Orphan Black"

Edited by Grammaeryn
(edited)
 Anyone else bummed new future guy isn't her son? But kudos for the writers avoiding that sci-fi trope.

Yes, I am bummed that Future Guy, isn't her son. Although, maybe he is her grandson? : - O

Edited by TVSpectator

Was it certain that Ryan Robbins' character (forgot his name already!) didn't miss? Or that one of those several time signatures yet another party who changed the timeline so that there were two Kiera's killed? The hints that he comes from a later time when the GCC world has met its inevitable doom hints that they're working toward a new minimal program for Liber8 to sign on to, survival instead of a free society. Pesky and possibly embarrassing positions on freedom can disappear in the wash that way.

The momentary adrenaline boost with the time hijinks do tend to let us forget whether there's progress on the real drama. Multiplying protagonists can stall characters actually troubling to decide what they want to do in regards to creating the GCC world. Second Alec approaching Julian is the first sign that he hasn't already defaulted to corporatism. So it was a lot more interesting. 

(edited)

Aaaaaaand once again, I have no idea what's going on. So the amnesia guy was sent back from a future we don't recognize to kill Kiera, but we don't know if it was one or both...or if there are others? Free Alec is a psycho. Kellogg is going to become the head honcho now. That bit is kind of cool, actually. But I agree that making the characters unrecognizable is jarring. I feel no loyalty to anyone except Kiera and locked-up Alec. I do sort of like Sonya and Julian, but we haven't seen enough of them. The rest just seem like bad fakes of themselves. Locked-up Alec only went back a week. Everyone should be recognizable, especially since they were all aware of what was going on. It's not like Kiera showed up in an untainted past. Alec, Carlos, etc. knew she was a time traveler, knew her story. This seems like she jumped into an alternate universe, not an alternate timeline.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1
(edited)

Aaaaaaand once again, I have no idea what's going on. So the amnesia guy was sent back from a future we don't recognize to kill Kiera, but we don't know if it was one or both...or if there are others? Free Alec is a psycho. Kellogg is going to become the head honcho now. That bit is kind of cool, actually. But I agree that making the characters unrecognizable is jarring. I feel no loyalty to anyone except Kiera and locked-up Alec. I do sort of like Sonya and Julian, but we haven't seen enough of them. The rest just seem like bad fakes of themselves. Locked-up Alec only went back a week. Everyone should be recognizable, especially since they were all aware of what was going on. It's not like Kiera showed up in an untainted past. Alec, Carlos, etc. knew she was a time traveler, knew her story. This seems like she jumped into an alternate universe, not an alternate timeline.

I think that it was implied that Future!Guy was from an alternate timeline (and I guess the Freelancers' place was temporary shielded from the alternate timeline and/or Catherine just knew enough---okay, more like she had a gut feeling that she would probably make a deal with Future!Kiera to restore the timeline) and  for some reason Future!Kiear was on his hit list in the alternate timeline and/or he is actually working with the Freelancers.

As with why everybody is acting out of character (and I will exclude Betty, all of Liber8---minus of course Julian, and even Dillon) because we a moving further into the alternate timeline. But then again, that does raise the question as to why everyone (and in my opinion, Carlos) is so different; because Future!Kiera and Future!Alec only time traveled, backwards btw, one week. It's not like they changed one past week and jumped ahead to a year, in the future. Overall it's weird but I do wonder if the whole idea of having Future!Alec time travel backwards, to save Emily, was just a way to restart everything (and if it was, I do think that Eureka's time travel restart button was better).

o

Edited by TVSpectator

Yes, I am bummed that Future Guy, isn't her son. Although, maybe he is her grandson? : - O

I think with Alec already having his son travel back in time, it'd be too much for Kiera to also have her son do that. I thought he might turn out to be a future husband of this new timeline, but then the whole hologram thing happened.

I thought he might turn out to be a future husband of this new timeline, but then the whole hologram thing happened.

In the timeline we are now seeing, it's still possible that he might decide he'd rather marry her than kill her (assuming they both give up on getting "back" to their futures).
As with why everybody is acting out of character (and I will exclude Betty, all of Liber8---minus of course Julian, and even Dillon) because we a moving further into the alternate timeline. But then again, that does raise the question as to why everyone (and in my opinion, Carlos) is so different; because Future!Kiera and Future!Alec only time traveled, backwards btw, one week.o

Maybe they're actually closer to the selves they were before Liber8 or Keira time traveled at all, if you see what I'm getting at.  I don't actually think that but it's one of the amusing consequences of time travel stories (which I adore no matter how many headaches they give me) for me.  Alternate timeline consequences are my favorite kind of time travel stuff so I'm enjoying the crap out of this. 

• Love 1

I'm thinking Ryan Robbins' character comes from the new future created by Keira when she chose the wrong Alec. This new Evil!Alec I just don't care about and I hope Keira doesn't let Carlos' lies go that easily, the guy hid her body for months, that was very creepy.

Maybe the freelancers aren't as good as they think at their job and the history that they claim to be protecting has always changed over and over with then never realizing it.