Type keyword(s) to search

Season Spoilers: Expect To Expect the Unexpected

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I will never understand why BoB remained for so long despite viewer feedback against it.  They don't pay attention to fans, clearly.

I wish I knew whether BoB was popular among casual/non live feed/non internet message board posting fans. We're in the minority so I guess it's possible the show-only fans really liked BoB. I highly doubt it though. And honestly the fact that they're actually getting rid of it makes me think it was universally hated like we believed because otherwise I doubt they'd do away with it.

1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

I definitely prefer the have not/food comps, so I was disappointed when they confirmed that they won't be back this season. I don't like the playing favorites or forced volunteering that comes along with the system now. Earn the right to sleep comfortably and have food. 

I think if they're not going to have HN comps and are going to make the HOH choose then they need to force the HOH to actually choose. None of this volunteering bullshit.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

What I call the Bluetooth Block Nomination ceremony - i.e., getting rid of the Key Wheel in favor of a Key Cube and video displays.  Added nothing except maybe an insignificant degree of tech glitz, and in the process killed off what could occasionally be a significant strategic element - the order in which the HoH placed keys to be pulled.

I think this is by far one of the biggest mistake they've made. It adds nothing to the show and like you said actually takes away a key element of game play. All because they're trying to look cool. So stupid.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I couldn't stand Frank and how it was rigged for him last time and I don't want to see it happen again. Did Grodner really think he was a favorite or someone that people wanted to see? 

Grodner probably wanted to see Frank again for another season. Don't know about the rest of us. Though he did rock that carrot costume.

2 hours ago, Nashville said:

What I call the Bluetooth Block Nomination ceremony - i.e., getting rid of the Key Wheel in favor of a Key Cube and video displays.  Added nothing except maybe an insignificant degree of tech glitz, and in the process killed off what could occasionally be a significant strategic element - the order in which the HoH placed keys to be pulled.

I've been rewatching BB15 while waiting for the new season to start and I grinned when I saw the old key wheel come out for nominations. I've always found the key order to be fascinating: do they front or back load it with their alliance? Try to spread them out to hide who they're aligned with? Have the dramatic "last key pulled" and save someone that the house doesn't like? It was a long ceremony when the house was full because you had to get through thirteen "Thank you, HoH" comments as the keys came out but way more fun and dramatic than the little cube and two keys. 

I really hope that with no BotB, it means that we get a single HoH and the key wheel or some variant will return. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

I will never understand why BoB remained for so long despite viewer feedback against it.  They don't pay attention to fans, clearly.

I hated BotB with the passion of a thousand suns, but the appeal is pretty clear. It gives them a competition that "matters" on all three nights of the show. That's huge from a programming standpoint. That's why, although I'm thrilled that the BotB is gone, I fear that whatever they're going to replace it with will also "matter" and thus will likely be just as dumb as BotB (well, "just as" dumb is a hard level to match, so perhaps I should say "almost as dumb" - then again, this is Grodner, so it probably will somehow even be DUMBER than BotB). 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Nashville said:

My original statement probably threw too big of a blanket - but what the hell.  :)

The thing that galls me the most is change for change's sake - which frequently doesn't add to the entertainment value, and in some cases detracts from it.  Two specific cases in point:

1. BotB.  Created all the excitement of a "who can walk slowest without actually standing still or going backwards" contest.  Became a competition-throwing competition.
  2. What I call the Bluetooth Block Nomination ceremony - i.e., getting rid of the Key Wheel in favor of a Key Cube and video displays.  Added nothing except maybe an insignificant degree of tech glitz, and in the process killed off what could occasionally be a significant strategic element - the order in which the HoH placed keys to be pulled.

Yeah I never understood why they got rid of the Key Wheel as well.  I guess to an extent they could say it saves some time but like you said the drama involved in it was good.  They got rid of it on the Canadian version of the show as well and their nomination process is just as annoying as ours.

(edited)

For anyone who was wondering this is what Frank looks like now. I can't decide if he looks better or worse tbh. Hopefully he still has the same body because that was the only good thing about him.

15 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I really hope that with no BotB, it means that we get a single HoH and the key wheel or some variant will return. 

In this vid you can see the video display screens are still up so I'm assuming they're still going to be doing that nom ceremony.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2016 at 6:50 AM, peachmangosteen said:

In this vid you can see the video display screens are still up so I'm assuming they're still going to be doing that nom ceremony.

Dream killer. I'm gonna go find some more interviews of Paulie saying "at the end of the day" now. Just for you :)

• Love 4

BB17 was the first season I skipped entirely since BB2 - I was thinking about returning for BB18, but with the news that Douchey Frank is back (#1 whiner of all time, perhaps only outdone by James Rhine), non-factor Nicole is back, and two people I don't know from BB17, I think I'm going to sit this one out. Why couldn't the "Nicole" be Nicole the chef from Season 2? Now that I would pay to see!

I was tempted to skip this season too. I stopped watching BB17 three quarters of the way through because I was frustrated with everyone. Sadly, I was almost tempted to skip BB18 because I don't like Da'Vonne and James was very dull. But I like Nicole, and Frank's the only one that hasn't been on the show in the last two years so I'm interested in seeing if he's changed since BB14. I just don't know if I can last 99 days, though. That's a really, really long time. 

• Love 1

Even if you don't like the 4 returnees there are 12 new players.  There are always going to be people I don't like in the house.  Hopefully there are a few I do in this new batch.

1 hour ago, diana said:

Are the 4 returnees (Frank, Nicole, DaVonne, James) a done deal or just really, really likely?

There's no official word about it yet and there probably won't be until the first episode airs. But people who spoiled cast members and details that have since been confirmed have been saying that it'll be those four. For the most part, they've dropped off social media (though James has been active lately but people who regularly follow him are saying it's a bad imitation of his posting style, so they're guessing someone is doing it for him). I'd say those four are the most likely at this point. 

Now watch. Come the premiere, we'll expect those four and end up with Shelli, Austin, Enzo, and Frankie Grande. 

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

. I just don't know if I can last 99 days, though. That's a really, really long time. 

Wine. Lots of wine. That's my strategy every summer. And not the good stuff, because it's Big Brother and we can't have nice things. I always end up hate watching at a certain point and the wine comes in handy then. That's when you upgrade from the biggest under $20 bottle and go for the box. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Now watch. Come the premiere, we'll expect those four and end up with Shelli, Austin, Enzo, and Frankie Grande. 

Oh god, no. That would get me to drop season 18 completely. Ok, Shelli could have been good without Dumbass Clay around. I saw hope for her. But Austin, Enzo and Frankie? I'd rather have Rachel bring in her baby and compete than these particular three. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh god, no. That would get me to drop season 18 completely. Ok, Shelli could have been good without Dumbass Clay around. I saw hope for her. But Austin, Enzo and Frankie? I'd rather have Rachel bring in her baby and compete than these particular three. 

Thankfully we don't have to worry about Frankie playing the game he's been seen out and about. Doesn't mean he won't come in and do something like he did last season, but he's not playing. Phew. 

I've seen some rumors that Shelli was in sequester as an alternate incase one of the ones going in pulled out. 

Im still hoping as well that the 4 we get aren't the 4 we get lol. But I think I've lost hope haha. 

James has been tweeting a lot, it could just be his friend, but he did post something about coming to watch the viewing party with him in Texas. If that is his friend, that is kind of messed up since people might show up to see James and he isn't going to be there. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
6 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

Thankfully we don't have to worry about Frankie playing the game he's been seen out and about. Doesn't mean he won't come in and do something like he did last season, but he's not playing. Phew. 

I've seen some rumors that Shelli was in sequester as an alternate incase one of the ones going in pulled out. 

Im still hoping as well that the 4 we get aren't the 4 we get lol. But I think I've lost hope haha. 

James has been tweeting a lot, it could just be his friend, but he did post something about coming to watch the viewing party with him in Texas. If that is his friend, that is kind of messed up since people might show up to see James and he isn't going to be there. 

This is why I'm confused about James being on the show.  He has mentioned the viewing party a few times in recent tweets, and I can't imagine why he would do that if he's on the show.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, as I find him so boring.  Nicole hasn't tweeted lately, so I think she probably is a definite. I'd rather see Shelli play again, as I think she messed up her game play by being around Clay.   

39 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-18-preview-producers-905331

Bronte is giving good DRs! 

Looks like more then one comp tonight & we will be meeting all of the HG tonight! Can't wait!

Interesting bit about the new president of CBS being very involved in this year's house design, concept, and future twists. I don't remember what ratings were like the past season but BB16 was the season of No Fun and BB17 was okay. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Did you see the tweets before he was cast?

Grodner: We don’t talk about the casting process.

Yeah. I wonder why. Also, if they think this is the "most diverse" cast they've ever had I shudder to think what they consider a lack of diversity. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, TimWil said:

From BB18 Leaks on Twitter:

Glenn was the first evicted. Ugh. He had so much potential to be an entertaining HG. But there you go. #BB18

You know what? If this is true, I'd be ok with it. If I had to sacrifice anyone from that group, it would have been one of the boys (I wish it was another team). But if it's Glenn, oh well. It sucks, but it is what it is. 

The amount of days & evictions scheduled we don't have enough people especially with the eviction tonight. If they want 2 double evictions they have to have 3 different twists to keep people in the game. I.E. Juror Comp or Twin Twist or Rewind. 

I'm thinking they will do a pre-juror comp & jury comp this year. My reasoning for the Pre-Juror comp is because I was watching Rob Has A Podcast earlier and Rob mentioned that he has been notified by CBS that he ISN'T doing phone interviews with the Pre-Jurors, he can only e-mail his questions. Which is what they usually make all the press do for the Jury Members in past seasons. So there has to be some pre-jury returning comp this season. 

2 hours ago, SiobhanJW said:

The amount of days & evictions scheduled we don't have enough people especially with the eviction tonight. If they want 2 double evictions they have to have 3 different twists to keep people in the game. I.E. Juror Comp or Twin Twist or Rewind. 

I'm thinking they will do a pre-juror comp & jury comp this year. My reasoning for the Pre-Juror comp is because I was watching Rob Has A Podcast earlier and Rob mentioned that he has been notified by CBS that he ISN'T doing phone interviews with the Pre-Jurors, he can only e-mail his questions. Which is what they usually make all the press do for the Jury Members in past seasons. So there has to be some pre-jury returning comp this season. 

Sounds right to me. Probably another attempt to give the vets some safeguards. I imagine if one of them got voted out, it would be an America's choice to decide who comes back in. The vets have existing fanbases and will probably dominate camera time. 

It'd be pretty funny if Nicole broke Kaysar's record of most times voted out in two seasons. She could possibly hit five evictions. 

Yeah. I wonder why. Also, if they think this is the "most diverse" cast they've ever had I shudder to think what they consider a lack of diversity. 

Well tbh, there are 2 black women (absolutely unheard of), a black/latino male, 2 puerto rican males, a south american latina, and an asian woman and an asian man. BBUS has never had 50% poc. There are also a couple of openly bisexual hgs. Far different from anything we've experienced.

I would prefer if Nicole was to go first, but I wouldn't shed too many tears over Glenn. He can go stump for Trump.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, TimWil said:

From BB18 Leaks on Twitter:

Glenn was the first evicted. Ugh. He had so much potential to be an entertaining HG. But there you go. #BB18

I am more interested in who won HOH.  They may know that at some point. 

7 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Well tbh, there are 2 black women (absolutely unheard of), a black/latino male, 2 puerto rican males, a south american latina, and an asian woman and an asian man. BBUS has never had 50% poc. There are also a couple of openly bisexual hgs. Far different from anything we've experienced.

I would prefer if Nicole was to go first, but I wouldn't shed too many tears over Glenn. He can go stump for Trump.

Who is bisexual and how do you know this? 

Just now, wings707 said:

Who is bisexual and how do you know this? 

Tiffany said she was in her intro. Not a straight out "I'm bisexual" but a "I've dated men and I've dated women" type way. 

• Love 1
Just now, Callaphera said:

Tiffany said she was in her intro. Not a straight out "I'm bisexual" but a "I've dated men and I've dated women" type way. 

I was distracted during the intros.  Thanks.  Joezia is gay or I assumed so.  Does he claim bisexuality, too? 

(edited)
On 6/22/2016 at 11:45 AM, Callaphera said:

Interesting bit about the new president of CBS being very involved in this year's house design, concept, and future twists. I don't remember what ratings were like the past season but BB16 was the season of No Fun and BB17 was okay. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Les Moonves is president and CEO of CBS.  Glen is president of the Entertainment Division.

In his first TCA, new CBS Entertainment president Glenn Geller fielded similar questions. The openly gay executive used himself as an example.

“I’m diverse, I fall into the LBGT category. I’m just a gay guy from Indiana who doesn’t play basketball,” Geller said. “I mentioned my husband earlier, because I want to normalize my diversity. CBS will always reflect what American looks like.”

http://deadline.com/2016/01/cbs-diversity-glenn-geller-nancy-drew-1201681295/

Edited by wings707
6 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Les Moonves is president and CEO of CBS.  Glen is president of the Entertainment Division.

That's what I get for scanning an article while working on my first cup of coffee that morning. Thanks for the correction. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I was distracted during the intros.  Thanks.  Joezia is gay or I assumed so.  Does he claim bisexuality, too? 

Yes, he said he likes men and women in one of the pre season interviews (I can't recall the exact link, but not the Jeff one)

12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That's what I get for scanning an article while working on my first cup of coffee that morning. Thanks for the correction. 

I am almost famous for this sort of thing.  :^)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Yes, he said he likes men and women in one of the pre season interviews (I can't recall the exact link, but not the Jeff one)

Thanks.  I did not check out anything that came out before it aired last night and didn't pay attention to the intros either.