Type keyword(s) to search

Season Spoilers: Expect To Expect the Unexpected

• Start Topic

I found the video bios online. My impressions haven't changed much. Except for Cody's brother Paulie. He said "at the end of the day" twice in under five minutes. You're on my shit list already, Paulie. 

• Love 4

Vanessa's sister looks a lot like Linda Cardellini.  I have not watched the interviews yet so I really do not have much of an opinion.  But I do think the fifty year old dude is probably going to be the first boot, especially seeing how there is as always nobody even remotely near his age.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I found the video bios online. My impressions haven't changed much. Except for Cody's brother Paulie. He said "at the end of the day" twice in under five minutes. You're on my shit list already, Paulie. 

Just wait to see how many times he says "LITERALLY".

(edited)

So far, Bronte, Tiffany, Glenn, and Jozea are tops for me. I hope Glenn can fly late and low like Chef Joe and Spencer (even though I didn't like them), let the youngins take each other out first.  Paulie seems ok, and I know from following them over the past few years that he is a little more level headed than Cody. I just hope he will entertain us with some rage cleaning like his baby bro. I did enjoy his light shade of Cody in the interviews as well. I'd like Zakiyah but the showmance emphasis was a bit much for me. Victor is dead to me already, very douchebroish. Victoria jr (Negrotti) is seemingly girl power, but I'll believe it when I see it. I am happy with the actual inclusion of diversity (more than 2 poc, maybe more than one lgbtq) in this season. Very BBCAN-esque. 

Paul the beard can go somewhere. Completely played out. Boring. Michelle who? If she plays game know-it-all with these folks, easy boot for knowing too much. Bland Corey will probably coast along for a good bit until he hooks up with Jozea. The pics/bios didn't have me very excited and the actual interviews only raised that marginally. It was good to see a majority of the people choose hated but win after the last few seasons. Who gives a damn what "America" (ridiculous misogynistic, borderline homophobic/racist BB fan base) thinks of you. BB is a game. You play games to win.

*I reserve the right to change my opinions after seeing what fuckery is sure to come on the feeds. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Oh wow he's starting with this before he's even in the house! He's going to be a walking cliche on the feeds. I look forward to it tbh. Cody was fun in his dumbness for the most part so I hope Paulie is as well. 

Frank I think could've been a really fun character, someone you really enjoy hating, but Grodner's hard-on for him ruined any chance of that. BB13 was bad enough with Grodner doing everything to keep the vets in, it'll be 10 times worse with Frank.

And yet, here I am, eagerly anticipating the premiere and spending every waking moment of my life watching the feeds. I need help!

• Love 1

So, I just reread all the full bios. Victor is DEFINITELY like Austin. I don't like him at all. Although, I do know that my first impressions through bios always seem to change with at least three houseguests. I have to remember that these people write bios to ham it up, and sometimes they're not true...and very, very bias. Corey seems like a bragger and he says he won't float, but he'll totally float. I did laugh at Paulie's last question in his bio, so maybe he'll be as entertaining as Cody....without the Christine or Derrick aspect of his gameplay. I kind of like Bronte, if only for her strategy right now. I'm the kind of person who considers all scenarios, so if she actually does too, then I might find myself liking her...although that also means she will be more paranoid, just like I'd be. 

Judging by Bridgette's bio, she sounds way too confident on her skills, but I guess good for her for having a plan that will most likely fail. Zakiyah does not have much in her bio, but she seems like someone who will get on my nerves or she will surprise me and be a favourite. It could go either way. Jozea is still on my least favourites list because I will never forget about his love for Frankie Grande. Plus, he thinks nothing will be difficult in the Big Brother house. Mmmkay, buddy, you keep thinking that as you get evicted early on for having a mental breakdown. Glen....oh, Glen. He puts Frankie, Boogie, and Evel Dick as favourites, but at least it's because of their gameplay, which did get them far so I guess I'll let this one slide. It's good that they have an older guy in the house. Like many of the older ones, he'll make it far because the other younger houseguests will underestimate and use him for their own gameplay.

Michelle is someone who I like right now. She definitely seems like someone I might actually enjoy. Ok, the showmance thing loses points with me, but right now, she's still an early favourite. Natalie looks like a mixture of Ariana Grande and Victoria from 16. She annoys me for the sole fact that one adjective she used for herself was beautiful. If she is all for girl power and actually manages to start an all girl alliance, then good for her. But she also stated that she wants men in her alliance, so yeah, no. Tiffany looks so much like Vanessa, it's kind of distracting. 

A lot of bios this season mention the outdoors and being active. Actually, all of them mention being fit, being active and loving the outdoors. It makes me wonder if there'll be a lot more physical challenges and maybe some sort of twist revolving around fitness. 

I would like some clarification on Bronte's listed activity of "looking at adoptable dogs." Is she planning on adopting? Does she just view them via a window or does she spend time with them like a volunteer?

Natalie appears to be the only one wearing a bikini in her bio photo. I haven't watched the videos yet so maybe there was a reason?! Maybe it was just to highlight the adjectives she uses to describe herself "athletic and beautiful." 

3 minutes ago, PugLoaf said:

Natalie appears to be the only one wearing a bikini in her bio photo.

Well Paulie is shirtless. Which I find hilarious. It makes no sense that those 2 are half dressed while everyone else is fully dressed. So weird.

• Love 1

Season hasn't even started and I already hate most of these people.

Returners are fine, if somewhat predicable. I still have a hard time believing the DaVonne rumor though. Hamster Watch is a reliable source so it's probably true.

• Love 1
(edited)

I found this. I don't know where it's actually from though so I have no idea how reliable it is. If it is true though, what the fuck is casting thinking? We could have had Kaysar, Dani, Audrey, and Shelli and instead they picked boring, useless, bad players who suck?! So bizarre.

People with way too much time on their hands have started checking the HGs twitters. Corey has used the f word a few times (shocker!) and Glenn is a Trump supporter (shocker!).

Michelle is a regular on the BB subreddit so she appears to be an actual super fan. She seems to hate Frankie, Austwins, Andy, and Meg so her opinions are pretty great. (ETA: never mind she loves Ian so her opinions are horrible.) But, and it's a big but, she thinks Aaryn has changed and grown so. Also her sister said she always gets compared to Nicole and she hates Nicole lol. And she called James a "Little camo rolly Polly ass." Might be fun if Nicole and James really are in the cast.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
(edited)

Glenn is hispanic AND a Trump supporter? Wow, good work, Robyn.

Rewatched Michelle's interview and I like her a LOT. And she hates Frankie, the Austwins and Andy? Fabulous taste. She's my favorite by far.  She really does seem to be the perfect love child of Nicole and Christine.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I found this. I don't know where it's actually from though so I have no idea how reliable it is. If it is true though, what the fuck is casting thinking? We could have had Kaysar, Dani, Audrey, and Shelli and instead they picked boring, useless, bad players who suck?! So bizarre.

People with way too much time on their hands have started checking the HGs twitters. Corey has used the f word a few times (shocker!) and Glenn is a Trump supporter (shocker!).

Michelle is a regular on the BB subreddit so she appears to be an actual super fan. She seems to hate Frankie, Austwins, Andy, and Meg so her opinions are pretty great. (ETA: never mind she loves Ian so her opinions are horrible.) But, and it's a big but, she thinks Aaryn has changed and grown so. Also her sister said she always gets compared to Nicole and she hates Nicole lol. And she called James a "Little camo rolly Polly ass." Might be fun if Nicole and James really are in the cast.

Michelle also wasn't a fan of Frank. So basically James, Frank & Nicole as returnees are her worst nightmare! Haha. 

• Love 1
On 6/14/2016 at 3:06 PM, TimWil said:

I look forward to seeing Daddy Calafiore get overly affectionate when saying his goodbyes to Paulie like he did with Cody two years ago.

I said exactly this to Mrs Boiler last night - I had to remind her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh wow he's starting with this before he's even in the house! He's going to be a walking cliche on the feeds. I look forward to it tbh. Cody was fun in his dumbness for the most part so I hope Paulie is as well. 

If the phrase "At the end of the day, it is what it is but I don't want blood on my hands" comes out of his mouth, I may reverse my opinion. If he can fit all three of the hated phrases in one sentence, I'll back him to the end because that would be ridiculous and awesome at the same time. I remember making fun of Cody's dumbness during his season but at least I thought he could tie his own shoes, unlike Clay last season.

In other news, people have already been Internet stalking the HGs. Old tweets from 2011/2012 have been brought up from Corey (Mr. I Care More About My Reputation Than The Game) of him calling his friends "f**"s and "gay", and one of the other HG's arrest record has been found. Compared to what we've seen in past years *coughCalebcough*, it really doesn't seem too bad. Yet. 

And Basic Trainwrecky Becky has weighed in on this season's group on Twitter, tweeting "Stoked to see only 12 people in this season's cast!! Bring back the old school game of one HOH!! #BB18" I can't tell if she's serious or not. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

And Basic Trainwrecky Becky has weighed in on this season's group on Twitter, tweeting "Stoked to see only 12 people in this season's cast!! Bring back the old school game of one HOH!! #BB18" I can't tell if she's serious or not. 

Having watched her play the game, I feel confident in saying that she is definitely serious.

• Love 4

I was just reading the new HG interviews on The Hollywood Reporter website. Paulie used "at the end of the day" three times in his interview. I'm starting to develop a tic, like when Lisa was allergic to Screech on Saved by the Bell. Head tilt, winking eye, and all.

Becky is such a simple woman. It's adorable!

11 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I was just reading the new HG interviews on The Hollywood Reporter website. Paulie used "at the end of the day" three times in his interview. 

STOP! You're lying! I can't!

• Love 1

Bronte has a math degree and is working on her doctorate but can't memorize her times tables? "Solving integrals like nobody's business" is like second year math at the most. Sounds fishy to me.

Also, at the end of her interview she has something to say to all the "seminaters?" What does that mean?

The other best part of THR interviews was this bit from Corey:

Are you a fan of the show? Yeah, I've watched it on and off for a couple of years. 
Are you familiar with the past winners? Somewhat.
Do you know Rachel Reilly? I've heard the name, it just popped up on episodes and stuff. 

And then he goes on to only talk about BB16. So we know what he saw in sequester and he clearly didn't watch anything else. Was he found on Tinder, too? I like how his answers go from being "a casual fan" to "someone who may have watched part of a season" to "only seen it in sequester". 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The other best part of THR interviews was this bit from Corey:

And then he goes on to only talk about BB16. So we know what he saw in sequester and he clearly didn't watch anything else. Was he found on Tinder, too? I like how his answers go from being "a casual fan" to "someone who may have watched part of a season" to "only seen it in sequester". 

On and off for the past couple of years makes it seem like he started watching season 16, and then took a break from season 17. Plus, if he doesn't know Rachel Reilly (I think her most recent appearance was with her sister in 15), then he's a lost cause. It isn't a bad thing that he's only a recent fan. I'm a firm believer that it shouldn't matter if you've been watching since the beginning or if you are a new fan. It doesn't even matter if you've actually seen all the seasons or if you've just watched from the season you started on. If you know you're going to be on Big Brother, you brush up on its history. Read about the seasons briefly, watch clips, get yourself familiar with the most infamous houseguests (Dr. Will, Boogie, Evel Dick, Janelle, Rachel, Jeff/Jordan, Dan). Look at their strategies! Just do more than 'somewhat' know about past winners. Know their names and why they won their season. Then, in sequester, you can actually watch full episodes, even if it's from a season you've watched, and you can get a full picture. Not that the actual episodes are helpful. 

• Love 3

That's great news, but I'm skeptical of this new comp. Also, why didn't the interviewer ask about the sand on the bathroom floor? I'm really hoping it's maybe some sort of faux business, illusion sand. Real sand would be so gross.

Wagers on how many twists will fizzle completely, like that Takeover nonsense? I say 70% (has to be a percent, since we don't know a number.)

No Battle of the Block but . . . some other new random twist/competition probably designed to accomplish the same thing: keep Allison Grodner's favorites in the game. 

It just frustrates me to no end that they keep casting the same type of people every single year. On the men's side, we always have the Muscle Head (Caleb, Austin, etc.), the Frat Boy (Cody, Clay, etc.), the Bumpkin (Donny, James, etc.), Sassy Queen (Frankie, Andy, etc.), the Nerd (Ian, McCrae, etc.), the EveryMan (John, Derrick, etc.), the Surfer Dude (Hayden, Jace, etc.), and if there's an eighth, another male-model type.

On the women's side we always have one "outsider/rebel" like Christine or Joey, a "girl next door" type like Nicole or Becky, a sassy black woman like Jocasta or Da'Vonne, and the rest are an assortment of interchangeable bikini models. 

I don't know what kind of market research or focus group has told the producers we want the exact same people every year, but they're wrong.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

That's great news, but I'm skeptical of this new comp. Also, why didn't the interviewer ask about the sand on the bathroom floor? I'm really hoping it's maybe some sort of faux business, illusion sand. Real sand would be so gross.

Wagers on how many twists will fizzle completely, like that Takeover nonsense? I say 70% (has to be a percent, since we don't know a number.)

It looks like the "sand" is now a carpet. Maybe they changed it out? 

Actual Excerpt from the THR piece:

Does the shower door get lower every year? 

Grodner: No (laughs). I think that's just a tall person. Tall women don't fare well in there. 

I'm way too tall to get in there. 

Meehan: Those doors do look lower. Those doors do look lower, Allison. 

Grodner: Do they really?

Meehan: Yeah, I think they're new. 

Grodner: Maybe it's a crazy joke.

Meehan: We're going to have to do a test in there.

Grodner: During rehearsals, yes. 

This is what we are dealing with.  They don't have the foresight to make sure a bathroom door doesn't provide every perv on the internet with a free peep show.  So, I'm not exactly surprised when a few racists squeak through the vetting process.

• Love 2

Wow, that Bad Idea sand in the bathroom sure lasted long. The giant hammock in the parlour lasted longer than that. I just watched the house tour on CBS.com. That London bedroom? I'd be throwing my bag down on one of those beds the second I got in there. The Tokyo bedroom is all right. But I love the phone between the two that the HoH can use to call down. Late night prank phone calls? Yes, please! And you know that phone is going to be used as part of a twist at some point. 

I swear, those airplane statues in the living room look like the ones that were in the HoH bedroom in BB15 (why yes, I have been watching old episodes on CBS All Access). And I love that they took away the door to the HoH bathroom. No more hiding in there to hear conversations or leave the water running to conspire while others sit in the bedroom waiting for you.

Not as crazy about the new pool/Jacuzzi set-up. And I hope that it's a new hammock in the backyard and not just last years recovered with a new fabric. The squeak drives me up a wall when I listen to the feeds with headphones on.

And no "fan favourite" BotB! A new comp after nominations? What does this mean for the Veto comp?

I love this house. My favorite in the last like at least 5 years.

The fact that BoB is gone is glorious. But the fact that there's a new comp coming is terrifying. It could, and likely will, be worse than BoB. As someone said upthread it's probably just some comp that will insure Grodner's fave (i.e. Frank) is never in danger.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ananayel said:

All of them but one: the one that keeps the vets safe for x number of weeks. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Best looking house yet!  They would not put sand in the bathroom; that is vinyl with a sand effect.  

Yay to no BoB but leery, like most, that new challenge will mimic it in some way.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I'm definitely nervous about the new challenge, but as long as it works out better than BOB....and if this time around, they can actually judge whether or not audiences want it back for another year. Hopefully, if it's a bad challenge, we won't suffer three full seasons of that shit. 

The house looks decent. The Tokyo room makes my eyes hurt a bit, but I love the London room. It has such a nice feel to it, I love the phone booth door, and I love the phone to the HOH room. That room could definitely be useful in a lot of ways. I would hope there's no actual sand; otherwise, more dirt will be tracked if that's the case! 

(edited)

Maybe the sand got transferred to the what they're saying is the worst Have Not room yet? No beds, just a sandy floor and beach towels? I would guess Siberia for the HN room but we already had the blocks of ice beds. We've already had the airplane seats HN room, too.

ETA: Insert obligatory "Why do we still have Have Nots?" rant here.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)

Another idea for the HN room going with Grodner's comment about it being a "summer destination" could be an amusement park and the "beds" are seats from roller coasters- specifically the upside down ones where your feet dangle and you have the security belt that comes down over your head and across your chest. Can you imagine sleeping in those? I for one would be crippled after one night!! 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Were people clamoring for Frank, Nicole (BB16), Da'Vonne, James (BB17) to return? 

I was hoping Nicole would return, but not any of the others.  Da'Vonne wasn't in it long enough, but maybe this is her second chance.  I'm hoping James really isn't coming back, as he is still tweeting.  I realize Dani Donato tweeted shortly before she came back in season 13, so who knows.  Nicole hasn't tweeted in days.  As others pointed out, Frank and Da'Vonne really don't tweet much at all.  At least there isn't one of these people I really can't stand.  

I really hope James isn't going in, to me he was a one season dude and that's it. If he does go in I guess he'll zero in on Bridgette and won't leave the poor girl alone.

(edited)

I can think of about 30 people I'd rather see return than those 4. 

And as far as the news Kaysar was considered and interested but rejected. Get the fuck outta here Grodner. He was probably the hottest male HG besides Dr Will and very popular and had interesting game moves vs these dolts you chose. Of course this show is extremely racist and predictable so we can't have the gorgeous Iraqi with a brain and fan base, not when there's bland 23 yr olds. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

They would not put sand in the bathroom; that is vinyl with a sand effect.  

Oh there was definitely real sand in there at one point. It's clear in the original house pics that were apparently from the ET tour since Kevin Frazier is there. But yea the newest house pics make it appear that they got rid of the sand and replaced it with actual flooring that has the look of sand.

15 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Maybe the sand got transferred to the what they're saying is the worst Have Not room yet? No beds, just a sandy floor and beach towels?

Oh, that's a possibility. Better than sand in the bathroom, but still not great. There's still gonna be sand everywhere!

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

If he [James] does go in I guess he'll zero in on Bridgette and won't leave the poor girl alone.

Oh shit you are SO right.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I didn't realize that it had been sand at one time, I missed that pic.  What a stupid idea.  They can't get them to keep the kitchen clean to avoid ant problem, so someone thought sand was a good idea?  

Again I will say that I love this house!  I am looking forward to how they will use the Departure board.  

I was going to skip this season because it takes so much time (I say this every season) but I am looking forward to a nifty house and no BoB.   I am braced for something similar with the new challenge though.  Oh please no. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, wings707 said:

Yay to no BoB but leery, like most, that new challenge will mimic it in some way.  

Yeah, that concerns me as well.  Past history indicates TPTB aren't REAL big on originality.

(edited)

James was an idiot and Frank was Boogie's henchman. I can see why some people might want to see James again because they thought he was cute in a teddy bear sort of way I guess but Frank? What did he ever do but play toady to Boogie? I can't imagine for the life of me why anyone would want to see Nicole or Da'Vonne again. I couldn't even remember who they were until I looked them up.

You gotta figure a major factor in choosing returning houseguests is whether or not they "played nice" with the producers. That probably weighs more heavily than whether they were fan favorites.

Edited by iMonrey
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Yeah, that concerns me as well.  Past history indicates TPTB aren't REAL big on originality.

Some of their original ideas were good and they should reinstate them!   They keep making changes they think will enhance the game and they don't.  To name only two, and there are many, have a challenge to determine the have nots and challenges to win food items for the week.  Everyone liked those. 

I will never understand why BoB remained for so long despite viewer feedback against it.  They don't pay attention to fans, clearly.

This is not the correct thread to go into "how to fix the show" but I have one more thing I HAVE to say.  Go back to PB & J.  Slop and all the moaning about it bores me to tears, I scream sometimes. It is just hot cereal for fuck sake.  

Sometimes the most simple idea is the jewel.  

• Love 4

I definitely prefer the have not/food comps, so I was disappointed when they confirmed that they won't be back this season. I don't like the playing favorites or forced volunteering that comes along with the system now. Earn the right to sleep comfortably and have food. 

I couldn't stand Frank and how it was rigged for him last time and I don't want to see it happen again. Did Grodner really think he was a favorite or someone that people wanted to see? 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I definitely prefer the have not/food comps, so I was disappointed when they confirmed that they won't be back this season. I don't like the playing favorites or forced volunteering that comes along with the system now. Earn the right to sleep comfortably and have food. 

I couldn't stand Frank and how it was rigged for him last time and I don't want to see it happen again. Did Grodner really think he was a favorite or someone that people wanted to see? 

I agree, damn.  I didn't read that the food comps won't be back. I would like to know their logic. Those not in an alliance with HOH end up being have nots.  Oh wow, what drama.  ???  Maybe being a have not is so terrible that no one will volunteer eliminating one annoying aspect.    

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Some of their original ideas were good and they should reinstate them!   They keep making changes they think will enhance the game and they don't.  To name only two, and there are many, have a challenge to determine the have nots and challenges to win food items for the week.  Everyone liked those. 

I will never understand why BoB remained for so long despite viewer feedback against it.  They don't pay attention to fans, clearly.

This is not the correct thread to go into "how to fix the show" but I have one more thing I HAVE to say.  Go back to PB & J.  Slop and all the moaning about it bores me to tears, I scream sometimes. It is just hot cereal for fuck sake.  

Sometimes the most simple idea is the jewel.  

My original statement probably threw too big of a blanket - but what the hell.  :)

The thing that galls me the most is change for change's sake - which frequently doesn't add to the entertainment value, and in some cases detracts from it.  Two specific cases in point:

1. BotB.  Created all the excitement of a "who can walk slowest without actually standing still or going backwards" contest.  Became a competition-throwing competition.
  2. What I call the Bluetooth Block Nomination ceremony - i.e., getting rid of the Key Wheel in favor of a Key Cube and video displays.  Added nothing except maybe an insignificant degree of tech glitz, and in the process killed off what could occasionally be a significant strategic element - the order in which the HoH placed keys to be pulled.
  • Love 4