Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 1:57 AM, smores said:

True, but how can you make the argument that husbands and children should be off limits when you're going to bring a completely unrelated person into the mix the way she did? Nicolette has nothing to do with the show.  Charlie has nothing to do with the show.  It's one thing to mention in passing that someone was once married to this person and that is how you met, but to tell some sort of personal business of theirs? 

I agree with you about Nicolette. I think Rinna was trying to share an interesting story about her life, but Nicolette unfortunately got hurt in the process.

Regarding Charlie, it's really nothing shocking imo. We've all heard about Charlie's shenanigans for years, so Denise's stories don't really offend me. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, TVFANNO1 said:

I don't know how people manage to get this information - but here is the actual court document about Mauricio's lawsuit.

https://allaboutthetea.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NEW_AATT-Watermarked-Amended-Complaint-Mauricio-Lawsuit.pdf

Reading through it I do think that he could be in very very big trouble if he's found guilty.

He can't be found guilty because it's a civil lawsuit. I'm still uncertain if Mauricio ever owed a fiduciary duty to Obiang. I think it might have only been owed to the DOJ. And this is the precise reason why lawsuits have no business being in the show. Their lawyers won't let the women discuss the matters with any real details and the fans start spinning convoluted stories based on half-assed understanding of the situations.

People still think the goddamn stolen house in Palm Springs/Indian Wells was their primary residence and paid for with Kim's earnings when it wasn't built until Kim mostly retired from acting (1985), was purchased in 1996, was purchased with money from Big Kathy's 4th husband, and Kim only moved there to care for Big Kathy in 2002 (Big Kathy died in March 2002). Kim had been living in Arizona for years. All of this stuff is fairly easily verifiable using newspaper articles and property tax records, but I see people get these details super wrong constantly.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

He can't be found guilty because it's a civil lawsuit. I'm still uncertain if Mauricio ever owed a fiduciary duty to Obiang. I think it might have only been owed to the DOJ. And this is the precise reason why lawsuits have no business being in the show. Their lawyers won't let the women discuss the matters with any real details and the fans start spinning convoluted stories based on half-assed understanding of the situations.

People still think the goddamn stolen house in Palm Springs/Indian Wells was their primary residence and paid for with Kim's earnings when it wasn't built until Kim mostly retired from acting (1985), was purchased in 1996, was purchased with money from Big Kathy's 4th husband, and Kim only moved there to care for Big Kathy in 2002 (Big Kathy died in March 2002). Kim had been living in Arizona for years. All of this stuff is fairly easily verifiable using newspaper articles and property tax records, but I see people get these details super wrong constantly.

Sorry I didn't realise you weren't found guilty in a civil lawsuit - is it just that you lose the case?

Regarding not owing Obiang a fiduciary duty - how does that work?   Don't you always owe your client a fiduciary duty?   If not what would be the point in getting an estate agent to sell?

Regarding it being on the show I have to agree that  it's kinda boring in any case - show me a juicy tidbit regarding infidelity.   

However talking about it online is interesting as people can read things like this and make their own assumptions.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, TVFANNO1 said:

Sorry I didn't realise you weren't found guilty in a civil lawsuit - is it just that you lose the case?

Regarding not owing Obiang a fiduciary duty - how does that work?   Don't you always owe your client a fiduciary duty?   If not what would be the point in getting an estate agent to sell?

Regarding it being on the show I have to agree that  it's kinda boring in any case - show me a juicy tidbit regarding infidelity.   

However talking about it online is interesting as people can read things like this and make their own assumptions.

If Mr. O whoever was a signatory on the listing agreement Mauricio had a fiduciary duty to him. It sounds like he was, otherwise I assume the case would have been dismissed.

The whole thing sounds tre shady to me. I’m in real estate (not residential), I don’t have a license though. I’m considered a Principal and don’t get paid on commission. I do have a Masters Degree in RE (yes - that actually exists) from Johns Hopkins. But I still have a fiduciary duty to our clients (institutional investors). So sorry if below is long.

I read the complaint - and even if there was already an executed purchase and sale agreement (PSA), it sounds like that contract could have been invalidated if Mauricio received a higher offer. He just decided unilaterally not to mention it.

According to the complaint, the Buyer never put down the $1M earnest money deposit required in the PSA or any deposit at all cause Mauricio advised them it was OK. It’s really not. That’s some shady shit right there. It was also an “all cash” offer in the PSA, but the Buyer actually needed to round up investors and also needed a loan to purchase the property. They apparently also extended the due diligence period several times on Mauricio’s advice (so the Buyer could get his investors/loan tied up I assume). The property could have actually fallen out of contract a few times before they had the numerous extension addendums signed.

There was also a $1M credit for repairs that Mauricio advised the Seller to accept. If there was a deposit like their should have been and due diligence expired when it originally should have, the Seller could have kept the $1M deposit and moved on to another offer.

What you really really don’t do - is inform your client the day before closing that you’re an investor in the property.

Maybe Mauricio decided since the guy was a crook of the highest degree (don’t get me started on the Riggs Bank scandal - our former hometown bank!), nobody would care what he did.

I understand why DOJ was involved (basically Riggs was keeping secret accounts for every criminal/tinpot dictator out there), but not why they received millions of dollars from the sale. The remainder of the money went to charities in Equatorial Guinea.

So Mauricio potentially fucked them out of $8M. That goes a long way in central Africa. They’re only suing for the amount of the higher offer. But Kyle really needed that new Rolex!

If the complaint turns out to be true IMO, he should get his license revoked. I know people who’ve been fired (like me - no license) for far less.

Edited by Jennifersdc
Very minor
  • Useful 8
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

If Mr. O whoever was a signatory on the listing agreement Mauricio had a fiduciary duty to him. It sounds like he was, otherwise I assume the case would have been dismissed.

The whole thing sounds tre shady to me. I’m in real estate (not residential), I don’t have a license though. I’m considered a Principal and don’t get paid on commission. I do have a Masters Degree in RE (yes - that actually exists) from Johns Hopkins. But I still have a fiduciary duty to our clients (institutional investors). So sorry if below is long.

I read the complaint - and even if there was already an executed purchase and sale agreement (PSA), it sounds like that contract could have been invalidated if Mauricio received a higher offer. He just decided unilaterally not to mention it.

According to the complaint, the Buyer never put down the $1M earnest money deposit required in the PSA or any deposit at all cause Mauricio advised them it was OK. It’s really not. That’s some shady shit right there. It was also an “all cash” offer in the PSA, but the Buyer actually needed to round up investors and also needed a loan to purchase the property. They apparently also extended the due diligence period several times on Mauricio’s advice (so the Buyer could get his investors/loan tied up I assume). The property could have actually fallen out of contract a few times before they had the numerous extension addendums signed.

There was also a $1M credit for repairs that Mauricio advised the Seller to accept. If there was a deposit like their should have been and due diligence expired when it originally should have, the Seller could have kept that $1M and moved on to another offer.

What you really really don’t do - is inform your client the day before closing that you’re an investor in the property.

Maybe Mauricio decided since the guy was a crook of the highest degree (don’t get me started on the Riggs Bank scandal - our former hometown bank!), nobody would care what he did.

I understand why DOJ was involved (basically Riggs was keeping secret accounts for every criminal/tinpot dictator out there), but not why they received millions of dollars from the sale. The remainder of the money went to charities in Equatorial Guinea.

So Mauricio potentially fucked them out of $8M. That goes a long way in central Africa. They’re only suing for the amount of the higher offer. But Kyle really needed that new Rolex!

If the complaint turns out to be true IMO, he should get his license revoked. I know people who’ve been fired (like me - no license) for far less.

Thank you for this wonderful, educated explanation. I really appreciate it. I don’t know much about this industry so I appreciated you explaining to me. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Thank you for this wonderful, educated explanation. I really appreciate it. I don’t know much about this industry so I appreciated you explaining to me. 

Thanks! I’m afraid I sound long winded at times explaining very uninteresting real estate minutiae, but I’ve always taken my fiduciary duty very seriously. Even if I was making millions a year (I’m not - I’m a perpetually underpaid, rare female in Acquisitions). So if true this kinda pisses me off.

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Maybe Mauricio decided since the guy was a crook of the highest degree (don’t get me started on the Riggs Bank scandal - our former hometown bank!), nobody would care what he did

Riggs? You couldn’t find a name more appropriate for this situation...

(Thanks for your detailed analysis!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

There was also a $1M credit for repairs that Mauricio advised the Seller to accept. If there was a deposit like their should have been and due diligence expired when it originally should have, the Seller could have kept the $1M deposit and moved on to another offer.

Not only was it an "all cash" offer that kept getting postponed while the seller was trying to come up with investors and financing, it was also an "as is" offer.  So they said they'd pay $33.5M for the property as it was, then after it was accepted, Mauricio pressured the sellers to drop the price by $1M.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, smores said:

Not only was it an "all cash" offer that kept getting postponed while the seller was trying to come up with investors and financing, it was also an "as is" offer.  So they said they'd pay $33.5M for the property as it was, then after it was accepted, Mauricio pressured the sellers to drop the price by $1M.  

All of this while a higher back up bid was on the table.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Kyle’s a real high faultin’ bitch. I haven’t watched in awhile - but did she really call somebody Monty from Magootsville or something when questioned about the suit on the Reunion? So basically she thinks everybody who watches this show (the show that gave her and her husband a platform to launch their new private yacht vacation/Smokey Robinson’s old house lifestyle) is some sort of small town rube that couldn’t possibly understand? Nice. She’s a real c*** - and I’m not going to apologize for saying that.

Even Mauricio’s insurance company thinks he’s shady. They’re included in the suit for $3M of the $8M. The max his policy will pay out I assume. 

They sued him to not pay his legal bills. He sued back that they were taking the Seller’s side (duh - I would too), and nothing should be decided until the lawsuit was actually settled and he was proven of wrongdoing. They both withdrew the suits when they agreed they would each pay their own legal bills. It wasn’t “dismissed” as reported in some places.

Speaking of other lawsuits “that shall not be mentioned” on the show. Why the fuck did Erica’s husband need a $15M loan to to fund his supposedly highly successful law firm’s operations to begin with? I’m not familiar enough with this subject to know how common that is. He apparently still owes them a good deal money despite Erica’s claim of “apologies”.

At least Dumb Dorit (wasn’t that a character on Match Game in the 70’s?), is smart enough to say it’s a legal issue and she can’t talk about it.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Kyle’s a real high faultin’ bitch. I haven’t watched in awhile - but did she really call somebody Monty from Magootsville or something when questioned about the suit on the Reunion? So basically she thinks everybody who watches this show (the show that gave her and her husband a platform to launch their new private yacht vacation/Smokey Robinson’s old house lifestyle) is some sort of small town rube that couldn’t possibly understand? Nice. She’s a real c*** - and I’m not going to apologize for saying that.

Hi! *waves* Can I come sit next to you?

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Hi! *waves* Can I come sit next to you?

Absolutely. I’ll bring the bourbon and FairyDusted (pretty sure he/she won’t mind the inclusion) will bring the gummies (I’m a new convert).

I’ve actually been pretty sober re previous postings on this subject.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Even Mauricio’s insurance company thinks he’s shady. They’re included in the suit for $3M of the $8M. The max his policy will pay out I assume. 

They sued him to not pay his legal bills. He sued back that they were taking the Seller’s side (duh - I would too), and nothing should be decided until the lawsuit was actually settled and he was proven of wrongdoing. They both withdrew the suits when they agreed they would each pay their own legal bills. It wasn’t “dismissed” as reported in some places.

Speaking of other lawsuits “that shall not be mentioned” on the show. Why the fuck did Erica’s husband need a $15M loan to to fund his supposedly highly successful law firm’s operations to begin with? I’m not familiar enough with this subject to know how common that is. He apparently still owes them a good deal money despite Erica’s claim of “apologies”.

At least Dumb Dorit (wasn’t that a character on Match Game in the 70’s?), is smart enough to say it’s a legal issue and she can’t talk about it.

Short answer? 

YES

Longer answer? Yes and not only that, she gaslighted the same people she and her husband used to launch his fraud company on by trying to twist the facts of the case.  "It's so misleading! My husband has never made 36 Million in profit on a deal in his life!" No, he didn't take home a check of $36M, but that's the total increase in sale price, which Kyle neglected to mention.  They purchased the property for $32 million and sold it for $69 million.  So yeah, he did have a huge increase.  But Kyle's over there crying in outrage that people are just slamming her husband and that it's damaging to say things like that (you know, the truth!), because poor Mauricio has never made $36m on a deal! 

I guess next time he needs to scam harder? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, smores said:

Short answer? 

YES

Longer answer? Yes and not only that, she gaslighted the same people she and her husband used to launch his fraud company on by trying to twist the facts of the case.  "It's so misleading! My husband has never made 36 Million in profit on a deal in his life!" No, he didn't take home a check of $36M, but that's the total increase in sale price, which Kyle neglected to mention.  They purchased the property for $32 million and sold it for $69 million.  So yeah, he did have a huge increase.  But Kyle's over there crying in outrage that people are just slamming her husband and that it's damaging to say things like that (you know, the truth!), because poor Mauricio has never made $36m on a deal! 

I guess next time he needs to scam harder? 

I noticed that too. If Mauricio didn't scam anyone, Kyle didn't do a good job defending him. Because my first thought was, uhh no one said he took that check home...

I like Kyle & Mauricio and was hoping this would have been cleared up at the reunion.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Absolutely. I’ll bring the bourbon and FairyDusted (pretty sure he/she won’t mind the inclusion) will bring the gummies (I’m a new convert).

She sure will! I have infused fudge ready to go! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Why the fuck did Erica’s husband need a $15M loan to to fund his supposedly highly successful law firm’s operations to begin with? I’m not familiar enough with this subject to know how common that is.

Litigation finance companies are useful for contingency fee cases, since you will not collect until the case either settles or the jury awards a verdict.  During the course of the lawsuit, you have no money coming in (in the form of fees).  I know of one class action that almost bankrupted a mid-sized law firm.   Litigation finance companies provide working capital and then take a payback with interest after a certain period of time.  It's not designed to finance a glam squad and a private jet.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
On 8/2/2019 at 8:44 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Litigation finance companies are useful for contingency fee cases, since you will not collect until the case either settles or the jury awards a verdict.  During the course of the lawsuit, you have no money coming in (in the form of fees).  I know of one class action that almost bankrupted a mid-sized law firm.   Litigation finance companies provide working capital and then take a payback with interest after a certain period of time.  It's not designed to finance a glam squad and a private jet.  

And that's how the late Dennis Shields made his money. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

Cause I’m a loser with nothing better to do on a Saturday night. And I’m now curious.

I ran a few basic numbers. I’ll try not bore anybody with details. I figured that, if there was a $26M construction loan (saw that somewhere here? No clue if it’s true) and a 60% initial loan, the profit on this deal was about $8.6M. The buyer would get a promote for structuring the deal (also likely hefty fees for project management, etc. included in the construction loan), so I’m generously saying $8M to the equity partners.

I assumed six equity partners (more?) would have each contributed $2.16M. After their capital was returned - that would be a profit of $1.33M each. 62% return. Not bad for nine months. I’m not including capital gains. I’m long-term, institutional investor’s and we don’t pay that at the property level. Not sure what they do.

Even more boring - from useful law firm loan info above. My old, very large, labor-union pension fund advisor would never invest in DC. They didn’t like law firm credit. Why you ask? Cause they really have none (LLC’s and “rainmakers”). They finally succumbed at the wrong time (built 2004). Lead tenant, and sure enough those fuckers bailed out two years in, and they were left with nothing but a $2M letter of credit (ran to bank to cash at first opportunity), 80,000 sf of space with a $10M build-out that was now useless (big tenants like to design their own space - why not Landlord is paying for it). It also happened to be the first semi-large law firm implosion in years (ouch).

So long story short? Law firm loans sound like some real risky shit. I’ll stick to real estate. Maybe for propriety’s sake - they should give up the private jets and maybe one member of the glam squad. Since her husband doesn’t appear on the show, I’m not as inclined to dig into his shit.

Edited by Jennifersdc
ETA - maybe the old grey mare ain’t what she used to be. Honestly Respectfully to Mr. Girardi.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Vile Kyle is such a bad liar. Things I believe she lied/lies about and thinks all of us viewers are dumb Magootsville podunks and can't see.right through her:

1. Lying about 'knowing' that Lisa was behind that tabloid thing with B. Skankville

2. Lying about the Radar tabloid

3. Lying about liking the other women

4. Lying about respecting Lisa & Ken

5. Lying about telling Lisa everyone thinks she's a liar and is only trying to help Lisa by telling her the other lies the other ladies are telling...which are based on lies Kyle inferred/told them.

6. Lying about what she knew and when with Puppy Gate

7. Lying about Mauricio's biz woes

8. Lying about how great her relationship is with her sisters

9. Lying about who she, Kyle, really is

10. Lying about bringing a bday gift to the reunion taping so she could 'finally' give Lisa her b day present (she thought it would.make her look less liarish  and bitchy)

11. Lying about that ridiculous 'story' that her friends parents staff got robbed and just happened to use the same lie detectorist

12. Lying about lying*

*I could go on and on and on but my fingers are tired of typing about this lyingist lying liar

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Like mother, like daughter! I enjoy Kyle and her family, but missed these videos - too funny how Portia is like her mom.

Thanks for posting these! Both videos are so sweet. Kyle is so loving, and I love the relationship she has with all her kids. So cute how Portia freaked out seeing her big sis.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thanks for posting these! Both videos are so sweet. Kyle is so loving, and I love the relationship she has with all her kids. So cute how Portia freaked out seeing her big sis.

Portia is just excited to have another person to help her get dressed, spoon feed her and carry her around the house.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Like mother, like daughter! I enjoy Kyle and her family, but missed these videos - too funny how Portia is like her mom.

NEWSFLASH KYLE: These staged IG posts don’t make you look any less of a bitch to this viewer in  Magootsville. You’re still lying bitch. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
39 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I think the population of Magootsville is much larger than Kyle realizes. 

Don't mess with Magootsville!

The Real Housewives of Magootsville*

*starring lots of people who know Kyle is a Lying liar 

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
On 8/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Jennifersdc said:

Scooch over.  I will bring a doobie.  Got no time for the creeper buzz that is edibles!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 8/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, gingerella said:

Vile Kyle is such a bad liar. Things I believe she lied/lies about and thinks all of us viewers are dumb Magootsville podunks and can't see.right through her:

1. Lying about 'knowing' that Lisa was behind that tabloid thing with B. Skankville

2. Lying about the Radar tabloid

3. Lying about liking the other women

4. Lying about respecting Lisa & Ken

5. Lying about telling Lisa everyone thinks she's a liar and is only trying to help Lisa by telling her the other lies the other ladies are telling...which are based on lies Kyle inferred/told them.

6. Lying about what she knew and when with Puppy Gate

7. Lying about Mauricio's biz woes

8. Lying about how great her relationship is with her sisters

9. Lying about who she, Kyle, really is

10. Lying about bringing a bday gift to the reunion taping so she could 'finally' give Lisa her b day present (she thought it would.make her look less liarish  and bitchy)

11. Lying about that ridiculous 'story' that her friends parents staff got robbed and just happened to use the same lie detectorist

12. Lying about lying*

*I could go on and on and on but my fingers are tired of typing about this lyingist lying liar

13.  eating disorder

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.  But I see this as another attempt to bring the spotlight onto her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

If this has been mentioned I am sorry! I am too exhausted to go through the comments yet. People made a petition to try to get Vyle and Teddi fired! It has around 4,200 signatures. Nuts!

Edited by thesnarkiest
fixed bad spelling
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Kyle and Lisa are Hollywood friends. Which means they are only friends when the other one can do something for them.

Kyle wants to still be friends. Lisa wants nothing to do with her.

That tells you who needs who.

Lol Hollywood friends reminds me of Yolanda. 

I noticed that Kyle seems to want the friendship more too at this point, but I'm not sure why she'd need Lisa. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Lol Hollywood friends reminds me of Yolanda. 

I noticed that Kyle seems tow want the friendship more too at this point, but I'm not sure why she'd need Lisa. 

Kyle has a history of back stabbing those closest to her. The guilt drives her to try to reconcile with them until of course she does it again.

She outed Kim as an hapless addict on TV.

Her husband stole clients, listings and brokers from her sisters husbands real estate firm when they took in Mauricio when he was down and out.

She produced a TV series outing family secrets 

She insists that her best friend is a liar and manipulator.

She is not a good person.

• Love 12
On 8/6/2019 at 4:13 PM, Natalie68 said:

13.  eating disorder

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't.  But I see this as another attempt to bring the spotlight onto her.  

See, her timeline is wonky. I stopped and took a photo she showed from 1989. That would have been when Farrah was born. So....healthy or not? And then there are seasons of her bitching about her weight and diet talk. Those girls have heard her say shit. 

I'm not saying she is totally lying but......

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Kyle has a history of back stabbing those closest to her. The guilt drives her to try to reconcile with them until of course she does it again.

She outed Kim as an hapless addict on TV.

Her husband stole clients, listings and brokers from her sisters husbands real estate firm when they took in Mauricio when he was down and out.

She produced a TV series outing family secrets 

She insists that her best friend is a liar and manipulator.

She is not a good person.

Kyle and Mauricio have supported Kim for many years. I guess Kim doesn’t appreciate it because she feels they all owe her for the rest of her life. Kyle blew up, but I cut her slack for all she’s dealt with for years. 

Mauricio also doesn’t owe his in laws for the rest of his life. I’m sure there were people who really liked Mauricio personally and wanted to continue to work with him. 

I thought the show was loosely based on her life and didn’t reveal anything dark. What family secrets did it out? I recorded the show but was busy at the time it aired and then lost the recordings. I thought her sisters calmed down once they saw it wasn’t what they thought it would be. 

I wish Kyle handled things differently with LVP, but I don’t think she’s entirely wrong about her. 

I know a lot of people here don’t like Kyle, but I still do despite not always agreeing with her behavior. Her kids adore her. She gets along with the other women on the show better than just about all the other housewives. She has lots of close female friends. I don’t think she’d have all this if she weren’t a nice person. Do I think she’s lost her temper at times and hasn’t always approached confrontations perfectly? Sure and I’ve been critical of her, but I still think she’s a good person. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Kyle and Mauricio have supported Kim for many years. I guess Kim doesn’t appreciate it because she feels they all owe her for the rest of her life. Kyle blew up, but I cut her slack for all she’s dealt with for years. 

Mauricio also doesn’t owe his in laws for the rest of his life. I’m sure there were people who really liked Mauricio personally and wanted to continue to work with him. 

I thought the show was loosely based on her life and didn’t reveal anything dark. What family secrets did it out? I recorded the show but was busy at the time it aired and then lost the recordings. I thought her sisters calmed down once they saw it wasn’t what they thought it would be. 

I wish Kyle handled things differently with LVP, but I don’t think she’s entirely wrong about her. 

I know a lot of people here don’t like Kyle, but I still do despite not always agreeing with her behavior. Her kids adore her. She gets along with the other women on the show better than just about all the other housewives. She has lots of close female friends. I don’t think she’d have all this if she weren’t a nice person. Do I think she’s lost her temper at times and hasn’t always approached confrontations perfectly? Sure and I’ve been critical of her, but I still think she’s a good person. 

I agree with the bulk of this. I have never really been a fan because I think she has this aura of mean behavior that predates "Mean Girls" and is straight-up "Heathers" territory. It's not about bullying, it is about destroying someone. 

That being said, I recently rewatched the first season and paid especial attention to the finale. I used to think that Kyle was just fed up with Kim and her bullshit and got pushed to her limit. But, after watching it with the extra footage, it was clear to me that Kyle had an agenda. Kim tried to leave long before any fight broke out. 

Taylor got in Kim's face. Kim tried to leave. Kyle followed Kim to bitch her out. Kyle had production telling her that she needed to catch Kim before she left, and so she follows her. Kyle has ample time to calm down while waiting for the elevator to follow Kim. But, she whips herself up into a frenzy talking about all she does for Kim - long before she even gets to her. Keep in mind, there was no issue between Kyle and Kim except for the fact that Kim was leaving a group filming event. And, while I understand that not showing up, or leaving early, was a big issue for Kyle because she wanted Kim to keep her job and it was the first season. 

But, the argument had nothing to do with Kim and Kyle had no place in it. Kim left because she felt she was being attacked by Taylor.

Then, Kim gets in the limo and says the most EPIC line of any Housewife show ever, "You stole my goddam house!"

Kyle actually took a beat, then she starts talking about how Mauricio treated Kim like a second wife and how all of that was over. Kim is crying, and then, out of nowhere Kyle delivers the coup de gras by outing Kim as an alcoholic. 

I have always argued that Kyle belongs on this show because it was her connections and her very "popular clique" mindset that made the show fun. But, if you go back to the beginning, there was a ton of darkness that Kyle was just itching to unleash. A darkness that went way beyond reality show nonsense. I honestly believe that most of the drama and producing on the show came from Kyle now. 

I'm just not sure if Kyle was angry that LVP got the spotlight in spite of her instigating or if she just wanted to make LVP look bad. I would seriously encourage everyone to watch the first season again. It won't change your minds about who you are a fan of. But, it may cause you to revise your opinions of the characters, knowing what you know now.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I agree with the bulk of this. I have never really been a fan because I think she has this aura of mean behavior that predates "Mean Girls" and is straight-up "Heathers" territory. It's not about bullying, it is about destroying someone. 

That being said, I recently rewatched the first season and paid especial attention to the finale. I used to think that Kyle was just fed up with Kim and her bullshit and got pushed to her limit. But, after watching it with the extra footage, it was clear to me that Kyle had an agenda. Kim tried to leave long before any fight broke out. 

Taylor got in Kim's face. Kim tried to leave. Kyle followed Kim to bitch her out. Kyle had production telling her that she needed to catch Kim before she left, and so she follows her. Kyle has ample time to calm down while waiting for the elevator to follow Kim. But, she whips herself up into a frenzy talking about all she does for Kim - long before she even gets to her. Keep in mind, there was no issue between Kyle and Kim except for the fact that Kim was leaving a group filming event. And, while I understand that not showing up, or leaving early, was a big issue for Kyle because she wanted Kim to keep her job and it was the first season. 

But, the argument had nothing to do with Kim and Kyle had no place in it. Kim left because she felt she was being attacked by Taylor.

Then, Kim gets in the limo and says the most EPIC line of any Housewife show ever, "You stole my goddam house!"

Kyle actually took a beat, then she starts talking about how Mauricio treated Kim like a second wife and how all of that was over. Kim is crying, and then, out of nowhere Kyle delivers the coup de gras by outing Kim as an alcoholic. 

I have always argued that Kyle belongs on this show because it was her connections and her very "popular clique" mindset that made the show fun. But, if you go back to the beginning, there was a ton of darkness that Kyle was just itching to unleash. A darkness that went way beyond reality show nonsense. I honestly believe that most of the drama and producing on the show came from Kyle now. 

I'm just not sure if Kyle was angry that LVP got the spotlight in spite of her instigating or if she just wanted to make LVP look bad. I would seriously encourage everyone to watch the first season again. It won't change your minds about who you are a fan of. But, it may cause you to revise your opinions of the characters, knowing what you know now.

This twitter thread really showed me the real Kyle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouStoleMyHouse/status/1109857984790827009

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Kyle didn't steal Kim's house.  Kyle and Mauricio have financially supported Kim for years.  Mauricio has taken care of Kim for years, thus the statement of Mauricio being a 'husband' for Kim.

Kim now lives in a condo that is owned by Kyle.  Kim has no income.  The child support ran out a few years ago.

There was a reason why Big Kathy made Kyle the executor of her estate.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Kyle has not been on twitter for a week. Now she has announced Bravocon and her responses have not been very positive.

WTH is Bravocon? It sounds like Andy is rounding up all of the housewives with arrest records.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kyle didn't steal Kim's house.  Kyle and Mauricio have financially supported Kim for years.  Mauricio has taken care of Kim for years, thus the statement of Mauricio being a 'husband' for Kim.

Kim now lives in a condo that is owned by Kyle.  Kim has no income.  The child support ran out a few years ago.

Exactly. Some people can’t give Kyle credit for anything. 

If she and Mauricio have been there for Kim, it’s oh well they owe it to her to bankroll her for the rest of her life! 

If Kyle bought out Kim’s share of that Palm Springs house and sold it with her daughter on the listing, apparently Kyle is still a thief who stole the GD house. 

If Kyle seems like a wonderful mother, having raised her daughters to all be educated and stay out of trouble despite being Hollywood kids, it’s oh but she babies Portia! She’s a terrible mother.

If you bring up Kyle having lots of female friends, it’s FAYE! As if she’s the only friend Kyle has and none of the other women have shady friends. 

The other housewives are also allowed to not get along with their siblings, but Kyle must be the worst because there’s drama among her and her two sisters. 

I’m not saying Kyle doesn’t have flaws. I’m a pretty objective fan, but I don’t think fans of some others are as objective...

• Love 9
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I wasn't suggesting that Kyle actually stole Kim's house. I just said it was one of the most epic quotes of Housewives history. In fact it's a line that I always wish I had an opportunity to use.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I was always curious about this (not the nonsense “stealing the house thing” - which was as above an awesome moment in RH history). Kim was married to some very rich men. How come she got no money?

• Love 1
On 12/15/2014 at 6:21 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I guess I just don't understand why Kyle and Lisa even want to be friends with each other at this point. They both clearly hold so much resentment towards the other and neither is getting the contrition that she wants. I guess it's worth swallowing all the hurt and anger because they share a few laughs over bad double entendres made at Lisa's terrible restaurants? Okay, have at it, girls! Their definition of friendship is clearly different than mine.

Obviously only one of them wants to revive the friendship. LVP has been pretty clear that she has said “Goodbye Kyle.”

Kyle has a recurring pattern of betrayal of those closest  to her and then trying to reconcile only to betray them again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14