Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

I would be friendly with Kyle, but there would always be a white picket fence between us.  It's nicer than a brick wall.

But no more than socially friendly. She's what I think of as high maintenance.  I just don't have the energy.  

Plus.  Faye Resnik.  Morally corrupt. IMO, you don't write a tell all novel about your best friend after she's been brutally murdered.  You just don't do that.   

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

When did Brandi say she lied about the tabloids? I heard her stick to the same story years later. This has been said repeatedly on this forum (Brandi copping to making it up), but I’ve never read it anywhere else. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. To me Lisa seemed a little too comfortable discussing and joking about the Mauricio affair rumors for me to  put it past her, but I don’t exactly consider Brandi the best source. Maybe Lisa made a little joke and Brandi ran with that for a storyline? All I know Lisa immediately bouncing like that and not even talking to production looked guilty. That was one instance I thought she got way too dramatic. My guess is she made some minor comment, but it wouldn’t suit her perfect image so she freaked out. 

Camille said season 2 reunion that she also heard Lisa sells stories. Now I don’t think Lisa has ever sold a story, and season 2 reunion I remember for the first time really feeling sorry for Lisa. I thought Adrienne Maloof was jealous of her, and I don’t throw that word around. She was upset with Lisa over petty crap-not having Pandora’s bachelorette at the Palms, Lisa supposedly complaining about Bernie’s food, just nonsense. If Kyle heard Bernie sold stories, she may think both Lisa and Bernie sell stories. 

And no, there’s never been any proof at all of Lisa selling stories. Someone cleared up she never did years ago when she was being accused, and apparently some other housewife leaked the story about Dorit and Lucy. 

To answer your question, RealHousewife: I don't know (haven't myself heard Brandi say) that she lied. (I put a question mark after that in my post to show my uncertainty). I've just spent 10 minutes Googling it. According to "someone on Twitter", Brandi, on her Podcast, says she didn't lie about it. Perhaps I and others are confusing that with her admission that she did lie about what Mohammed said Johana Krupka's lady bits. Or maybe she did admit it, and I just didn't find it in 10 minutes.  I agree with you that she's not the most credible person, but even a liar tells the truth sometimes. But also...

My quicky google turned up a couple more things (that I can't actually verify either) that claim that Yo and Carlton did not witness the tabloids in suitcase incident. Did Brandi claim they did? I don't know.  Perhaps that factors in somehow, but I just don't have the heart to go back in there looking right now. 

(If I do go back in there and find something, I'll post it.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

To answer your question, RealHousewife: I don't know (haven't myself heard Brandi say) that she lied. (I put a question mark after that in my post to show my uncertainty). I've just spent 10 minutes Googling it. According to "someone on Twitter", Brandi, on her Podcast, says she didn't lie about it. Perhaps I and others are confusing that with her admission that she did lie about what Mohammed said Johana Krupka's lady bits. Or maybe she did admit it, and I just didn't find it in 10 minutes.  I agree with you that she's not the most credible person, but even a liar tells the truth sometimes. But also...

My quicky google turned up a couple more things (that I can't actually verify either) that claim that Yo and Carlton did not witness the tabloids in suitcase incident. Did Brandi claim they did? I don't know.  Perhaps that factors in somehow, but I just don't have the heart to go back in there looking right now. 

Thanks Jel. 🙂

I too remember there being no witnesses to the tabloid incident. I agree that even a liar tells the truth sometimes. Just because I’m not a Brandi fan and prefer Lisa to her all day long doesn’t mean I always sided with Lisa. I did think it was insensitive to repeatedly encourage Brandi to interact with Scheana. Brandi said she felt like she was being cheated on with the same person all over again. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I would be friendly with Kyle, but there would always be a white picket fence between us.  It's nicer than a brick wall.

But no more than socially friendly. She's what I think of as high maintenance.  I just don't have the energy.  

Plus.  Faye Resnik.  Morally corrupt. IMO, you don't write a tell all novel about your best friend after she's been brutally murdered.  You just don't do that.   

The stuff Kyle can and can't "get past" is interesting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
(edited)

The stuff about bringing tabloids to show on camera was when I really and truly decided Lisa was vile- and I can’t stand Kyle either this was the only season I felt sorry for her. Yolanda and Carleton might not have seen the magazines but maybe they weren’t in the room with Lisa and Brandi at that time. In Lisa’s blog after the episode she didn’t even deny bringing the tabloids she just said “dear viewers, YOU decide if I brought the magazines”- a rather weak defense. If I can find the evidence that Brandi lied about this fine, but per Lisa’s request I have decided that she brought those magazines 🙂

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I did not watch that season in real time.  I had background about the magazines due to the forums.  When I did finally see it, I remember being confused because Carlton refuted the accusations but everybody ignored it or chalked it up to the British sticking together. And she was better friends with Brandi then she was with LVP.

I want to say Carlton said it was impossible because LVP and Carlton went into Brandi's house together and Carlton never left them in a room alone and Carlton never heard LVP encourage Brandi to pack magazines.

Going to confirm....

Give me an hour with Hulu and I will find it and rewatch it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

The stuff about bringing tabloids to show on camera was when I really and truly decided Lisa was vile- and I can’t stand Kyle either this was the only season I felt sorry for her. Yolanda and Carleton might not have seen the magazines but maybe they weren’t in the room with Lisa and Brandi at that time. In Lisa’s blog after the episode she didn’t even deny bringing the tabloids she just said “dear viewers, YOU decide if I brought the magazines”- a rather weak defense. If I can find the evidence that Brandi lied about this fine, but per Lisa’s request I have decided that she brought those magazines 🙂

Yeah just because no one was there doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. IF Lisa said anything about the tabloids, I don’t think she’d tell Brandi to bring them in front of anyone else quite honestly. 

When Kyle said she wished they hadn’t talked about the affair rumors on the show, Lisa said something along the lines of bringing it up to squash it. I could see her justifying bringing the tabloids to “shut down” the rumors. Maybe none of this happened, but I think Lisa must have said something, at least a minor joke that Brandi twisted around. Lisa’s behavior afterwards made no sense if Brandi was completely full of it. 

I believe Lisa when she adamantly said, “I’ve never sold a story in my life, and I won’t be accused of that.” When she’s being honest imo, she’s very strong. 

With the tabloids she had a hard time facing anyone, acted confused, was like “uhh I don’t think I saw the tabloids until I got back. Wait, you’re saying I told you to bring them? What?” Lisa is a smart cookie and has acting experience. I would have expected her to be more believable, especially if Brandi made up the whole thing. Then Lisa got really dramatic about their treatment of her. She’s always been pretty over the top anytime she’s been called out. The rest of the women have all dealt with much more painful, personal stuff on the show-domestic violence, suicide, addiction, intense sibling fights, divorce, personal stuff regarding their children, illness, and so forth. Lisa acted like the cast members calling her out was the end of the world and a bigger deal than what the rest of them went through. She seemed to think they signed up to share their lives, “sort it out,” and be strong no matter what, but she didn’t want anyone to ever call her out for anything or be in the midst of drama herself. 

This was probably Lisa’s first season dealing with great pain on the show and truly not deserving the group’s treatment of her. When she ran off crying to Ken about the rest of the women all being mean to her the season of the tabloids, I remember thinking, girl it’s not that serious! 

I think Kyle could have been a kinder, gentler friend this season, but there have been times Kyle was mistreated as well. I don’t think her suspicions of Lisa are baseless. I also don’t think Kyle is in general a bad friend. 

I’m not sure why she’s friends with Faye, but Kyle’s hardly the only one who has shady buddies in that bunch.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I did not watch that season in real time.  I had background about the magazines due to the forums.  When I did finally see it, I remember being confused because Carlton refuted the accusations but everybody ignored it or chalked it up to the British sticking together. And she was better friends with Brandi then she was with LVP.

I want to say Carlton said it was impossible because LVP and Carlton went into Brandi's house together and Carlton never left them in a room alone and Carlton never heard LVP encourage Brandi to pack magazines.

Going to confirm....

Give me an hour with Hulu and I will find it and rewatch it.

Thank you for your diligence, Doso! You are a jewel among posters!

Eagerly awaiting your report!

No pressure

A teensy bit of pressure

😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah just because no one was there doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. IF Lisa said anything about the tabloids, I don’t think she’d tell Brandi to bring them in front of anyone else quite honestly. 

When Kyle said she wished they hadn’t talked about the affair rumors on the show, Lisa said something along the lines of bringing it up to squash it. I could see her justifying bringing the tabloids to “shut down” the rumors. Maybe none of this happened, but I think Lisa must have said something, at least a minor joke that Brandi twisted around. Lisa’s behavior afterwards made no sense if Brandi was completely full of it. 

I believe Lisa when she adamantly said, “I’ve never sold a story in my life, and I won’t be accused of that.” When she’s being honest imo, she’s very strong. 

With the tabloids she had a hard time facing anyone, acted confused, was like “uhh I don’t think I saw the tabloids until I got back. Wait, you’re saying I told you to bring them? What?” Lisa is a smart cookie and has acting experience. I would have expected her to be more believable, especially if Brandi made up the whole thing. Then Lisa got really dramatic about their treatment of her. She’s always been pretty over the top anytime she’s been called out. The rest of the women have all dealt with much more painful, personal stuff on the show-domestic violence, suicide, addiction, intense sibling fights, divorce, personal stuff regarding their children, illness, and so forth. Lisa acted like the cast members calling her out was the end of the world and a bigger deal than what the rest of them went through. She seemed to think they signed up to share their lives, “sort it out,” and be strong no matter what, but she didn’t want anyone to ever call her out for anything or be in the midst of drama herself. 

This was probably Lisa’s first season dealing with great pain on the show and truly not deserving the group’s treatment of her. When she ran off crying to Ken about the rest of the women all being mean to her the season of the tabloids, I remember thinking, girl it’s not that serious! 

I think Kyle could have been a kinder, gentler friend this season, but there have been times Kyle was mistreated as well. I don’t think her suspicious of Lisa are baseless. I also don’t think Kyle is in general a bad friend. 

I’m not sure why she’s friends with Faye, but Kyle’s hardly the only one who has shady buddies in that bunch.

I believe Lisa when she said she didn't sell any stories. I doubt she received any money for the stories she leaked. But I think she was hanging a lot on the word "sold."

• Love 7
1 minute ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I believe Lisa when she said she didn't sell any stories. I doubt she received any money for the stories she leaked. But I think she was hanging a lot on the word "sold."

She admitted to talking to the press, as they all do.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

Thank you for your diligence, Doso! You are a jewel among posters!

Eagerly awaiting your report!

No pressure

A teensy bit of pressure

😉

I'm going to need help!  I thought this was prior to the Palm Springs trip.  Carlton, Lisa and Brandi all rode together.

But no.  Carlton and LVP rode together and Brandi and Yolanda rode together. 

Unless someone remembers where they were heading, I'm going to watch season 4 again.

Because I thought Carlton and LVP picked up Brandi for Palm Springs.

So longer than an hour!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

In between Brandi calling Joyce, Jacqueline and Yoyce, I found Carlton blog about the magazines. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-4/blogs/carlton-gebbia/carlton-where-is-brandis-apology%3famp

Back to Brandi being the worst.  Oh no.  Next up is the episode where her dog ran away.  And more of Kyle whining that Lisa isn't supportive of her.

And runner up to Brandi was Carlton as the worst imo. Maybe Lisa had nothing to do with the magazines, but of course Carlton couldn’t see Kyle’s side with anything. She hated her on sight. I like most of the ladies despite the flaws, but Carlton was way too aggressive.

• Love 4

There's build up.

LVP didnt go to Paint a Picture for Gigis wall.  Yolanda is mad.

LVP doesn't call Brandi every morning because Brandi was tired of LVP'S attachment parenting.  Brandi is mad.

But!  The accusation is in season 4 episodes 17, Lines in the Sand.  17 minutes 40 seconds in.  Yo and Brandi confront Lisa before that, LVP walks away, Brandi tells Kyle about planting magazines. 

On a side note, LVP complaining about their room.  I got to go to San Juan, Puerto Rico last December, on a budget.  MY hotel room,  Comfort Inn, 2 blocks from beach, less than $100, was nicer than theirs.  And my bathroom was also much nicer.  And bigger!

Their room really was crappy.  And I went to the fountain they almost got arrested at.  It is stunning in person.  Puerto Rico is gorgeous!

Episode 18, The Kids Are Alright.  16 minutes, 10 seconds in.

Carlton goes to LVP's house.  They discuss Puerto Rico. Lisa tells her Brandi said Lisa said put the magazines in the suitcase.

Carlton replies (word for word because I'm pausing and typing out each sentence as she's saying it!):

There was no magazine cause I would have seen it.

Lisa brings up Kyle asking if she did that. 

Oh that's just ridiculous.  It's just.  It's just.  I wouldn't even want to say child's play because my children behave better than that.

And scene!  Okay there was more but it was Lisa crying and Carlton comforting her.

Whew!

overheating james mcavoy GIF

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

And runner up to Brandi was Carlton as the worst imo. Maybe Lisa had nothing to do with the magazines, but of course Carlton couldn’t see Kyle’s side with anything. She hated her on sight. I like most of the ladies despite the flaws, but Carlton was way too aggressive.

I agree about Carlton being too agreesive.  I should have been more specific.  It was during the pool scene when Yo wouldn't get in the pool because Joyce wouldn't and then Brandi went on about "black people can't swim and ruins weaves". Yoyce, fat grandma, Jacqueline -- it was grosser then the run of the mill grossness the ladies often display. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I agree about Carlton being too agreesive.  I should have been more specific.  It was during the pool scene when Yo wouldn't get in the pool because Joyce wouldn't and then Brandi went on about "black people can't swim and ruins weaves". Yoyce, fat grandma, Jacqueline -- it was grosser then the run of the mill grossness the ladies often display. 

Thanks for replaying everything! You did great. 😉 

They were awful to Joyce. Kyle, the supposedly jealous one, was the only one I remember being sweet to her. Kim wasn’t bad either. I remember Kim said she didn’t want to get into a bikini next to Bo Derek. Lol Brandi and Yolanda weren’t nice at all, and LVP took awhile to take to Joyce but they actually became friends off camera. Carlton was very hostile to Kyle but she was alright to Joyce IIRC.

• Love 6

I would have finished it 2 hours earlier, but we were getting an estimate on a shower.

Did you know there are weirdos that face the water in the shower?  I did not until tonight.  I thought everybody had their back to the water.

People who face the water probably put the toilet paper on wrong too.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Well, all I know for sure is that LVP did bring up the cheating rumor at Kyle's house.  In front of Portia using British humor when Mauricio said he was taking Portia with him to run errands.  Oh, so that's the other woman.  Kyle said to can it.  I get it was a sensitive subject.

And then there was the lunch at Carlton's when it was brought up and Yo couldn't get the words out and LVP said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."   LVP is, and has always been a player.

She did it with Eileen when she said 'the affair' when Eileen explained how she met Vinnie.  Eileen didn't want this out because of her and Vinnie's young son.  But LVP didn't let it go.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 10:48 PM, breezy424 said:

Well, all I know for sure is that LVP did bring up the cheating rumor at Kyle's house.  In front of Portia using British humor when Mauricio said he was taking Portia with him to run errands.  Oh, so that's the other woman.  Kyle said to can it.  I get it was a sensitive subject.

And then there was the lunch at Carlton's when it was brought up and Yo couldn't get the words out and LVP said, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."   LVP is, and has always been a player.

She did it with Eileen when she said 'the affair' when Eileen explained how she met Vinnie.  Eileen didn't want this out because of her and Vinnie's young son.  But LVP didn't let it go.

She also had a conversation with Ken about the Mauricio rumor and told Eileen her husband had his head up some woman’s skirt and was very insensitive to Brandi regarding her ex husband’s cheating.  I like LVP as a reality star as I do most of them, but as insensitive as the other women were to her this season, she has been insensitive at times too. I don’t think it’s kind to grill your friends for gossip on TV, make jokes about their husbands cheating on them, or throw a mistress in your friend’s face.

Lisa is very fortunate to have spent almost all her adult life married to a man who loves her deeply. Maybe she’d be kinder if she’d experienced being cheated on by the love of her life, had affair rumors about Ken, or fell out of love with her husband and in love with someone else.

I don’t condone affairs and have never cheated, but I’m adult enough to know life gets complicated, and people fall out of love. Lisa was very judgmental of Eileen, and Brandi was terrible, throwing wine in her face. Just as I think Lisa’s friends should have shown her more understanding and compassion this season, there have been times I though Lisa could have been more understanding and compassionate as well. You shouldn’t say things that will make your friend look bad or give them a pit in their stomach. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Your points about Lisa’s behavior during season four are accurate but Eileen had discussed the extramarital origins of her relationship with Vince the year prior at relatively substantial length on camera, way before TheAffairgate. Footage was memorialized on the Bravo website and OnDemand streaming thanks to Eileen and Eileen alone. 

22 hours ago, dosodog said:

Let’s not forget the dinner at chez Foster when Brandi slurred out “speak English!” and “we’re not in Miami!” at Joyce as well as called her “Hoysay.” Honestly, the treatment to which she was subjected convinced me that majority of the cast ranges from casually/institutionally to rabidly racist. Apart from Brandi’s overt ethnically charged hostility, you had Lisa and Carlton protesting “you can’t call people racist” even when they demonstrate a transparent pattern of racist conduct while Kyle and Kim, although superficially friendly, offered effectively no support or defense against the onslaught of Glanville anti-Latin animus. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

Kyle was openly and aggressively bigoted herself during season four toward Carlton. Giggling about Carlton’s religion and weaponizing her faith as a means to ridicule and caricaturize (refer to the “witchy poo” epithet at the reunion) is pretty commensurate with Brandi’s conduct earlier that year toward Joyce. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, dosodog said:

In between Brandi calling Joyce, Jacqueline and Yoyce, I found Carlton blog about the magazines. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-4/blogs/carlton-gebbia/carlton-where-is-brandis-apology%3famp

Back to Brandi being the worst.  Oh no.  Next up is the episode where her dog ran away.  And more of Kyle whining that Lisa isn't supportive of her.

Carlton and Yolanda had ample motivation to prop up Brandi’s fabrications and neither would do it despite Brandi insisting that they had directly witnessed Lisa’s villainy. Carlton was so close to Brandi that they were literally making out and showing up to events (i.e. Kim’s party) intoxicated together so her refutation of the tabloid narrative totally undermines its credibility. 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Your points about Lisa’s behavior during season four are accurate but Eileen had discussed the extramarital origins of her relationship with Vince the year prior at relatively substantial length on camera, way before TheAffairgate. Footage was memorialized on the Bravo website and OnDemand streaming thanks to Eileen and Eileen alone. 

Let’s not forget the dinner at chez Foster when Brandi slurred out “speak English!” and “we’re not in Miami!” at Joyce as well as called her “Hoysay.” Honestly, the treatment to which she was subjected convinced me that majority of the cast ranges from casually/institutionally to rabidly racist. Apart from Brandi’s overt ethnically charged hostility, you had Lisa and Carlton protesting “you can’t call people racist” even when they demonstrate a transparent pattern of racist conduct while Kyle and Kim, although superficially friendly, offered effectively no support or defense against the onslaught of Glanville anti-Latin animus. 

Kyle was openly and aggressively bigoted herself during season four toward Carlton. Giggling about Carlton’s religion and weaponizing her faith as a means to ridicule and caricaturize (refer to the “witchy poo” epithet at the reunion) is pretty commensurate with Brandi’s conduct earlier that year toward Joyce. 

Carlton and Yolanda had ample motivation to prop up Brandi’s fabrications and neither would do it despite Brandi insisting that they had directly witnessed Lisa’s villainy. Carlton was so close to Brandi that they were literally making out and showing up to events (i.e. Kim’s party) intoxicated together so her refutation of the tabloid narrative totally undermines its credibility. 

Please, please don’t label those who are ignorant or who make ignorant and/or insensitive remarks as racists. It devalues real racism and shuts down those who may have different perspectives. Isn’t it better to educate and inform those who have different experiences so that they have a broader world view and actually change their minds? You don’t change minds and hearts and minds with shoving your opinion down other throats. You can, however, change others opinions and perspectives with giving them a different lens which to look through. However, change takes time and sometimes a really long time; but when you tell people they are awful with no context - well that’s a recipe for disaster.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Please, please don’t label those who are ignorant or who make ignorant and/or insensitive remarks as racists. It devalues real racism and shuts down those who may have different perspectives. Isn’t it better to educate and inform those who have different experiences so that they have a broader world view and actually change their minds? You don’t change minds and hearts and minds with shoving your opinion down other throats. You can, however, change others opinions and perspectives with giving them a different lens which to look through. However, change takes time and sometimes a really long time; but when you tell people they are awful with no context - well that’s a recipe for disaster.

I disagree with the overall premise here both abstractly and as a matter of historical evidence but especially far as this show is concerned. For one, there was plenty of documentary context - specifically, that Brandi repeatedly issued pejorative and offensive remarks deliberately calibrated to target, single out, and embarrass Joyce by virtue of her ethnic and cultural features. If that’s not “real racism,” I’m not sure what is.  As such, I personally feel one hundred percent comfortable characterizing Brandi both as racist (adjective) and as a racist (noun); the latter term, after all, is one derived from patterns of conduct and behavior. With respect to Lisa (of whom I’m generally a fan), Yolanda, and Carlton, all concertedly strived to minimize and dismiss Joyce’s very reasonable and accurate articulation of Brandi’s actions/speech because of the sadly prevalent principle that it’s somehow a more egregious transgression for a person of color to call out bigotry than it is for a person of color to actually experience bigotry. That’s textbook institutional/casual racism.

Because racism has many incarnations - sometimes it’s mouth-frothing, sometimes it’s insidious, sometimes it’s even nuanced and/or operates in contradiction to other aspects of a person’s character. For instance, Brandi clearly had no discomfort marrying a man of Latin/Hispanic descent yet her hostility toward Joyce manifested in a distinctly anti-Latin and racially charged way. Likewise, Carlton understood bigotry when it was directed at her religion but the same concept shot straight over her head as she shouted over Joyce’s objections to Brandi’s commentary. 

All too often, the burden is placed on minorities like Joyce to “rise above” (to borrow a popular phrase from the collective discourse), educate, enlighten, and otherwise respond to the various iterations of bigotry with politeness. From my vantage, this is baldly unreasonable and does little but saddle people of color with an unfair burden of expectation while mitigating (and thus often perpetuating) the racist behavior to which they were objecting in the first place. 

Bigotry should be called by its name and, if it were more often, then perhaps, say, Kyle would be able to simply express her disgruntlement with Carlton’s nastiness rather than heinously leveraging her faith for a vulgar punchline. 

All my subjective opinion. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

IIRC later Brandi said she always read the tabloids and had them on her table and LVP said why don't you bring them or put them at her suitcase when the others weren't there. Was this on the reunion? Anyway, I believed Brandi bc LVP hinted at it all season. This was the reunion that Brandi gave us all the deets on LVPs ownership of some house in the Valley or something remember? Maybe she went bankrupt on? Something crazy. It seemed like Brandi had gotten close to Kyle and Kyle had fed Brandi a bunch of facts on LVP's past. It got pretty messy. This was an ugly season. I think Carlton started hating Kyle bc Kyle wanted to kill a bee and then starting making fun of Wicca. This was the season I thought LVP was the thickest in her manipulations. She was too obvious. And it was hurtful to Kyle. This is the type of stuff you don't do-it's mean spirited, and it would be worthy to go after her (LVP) for. Not Dumb Dorit Dumping a Dog.

Kyle really is a shallow jealous cow - alls I can say is her little mean girl fest with Faye and crew when they saw Brandi on crutches  with her long legs and beautiful body is enough to tell you about Kyle. 

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I disagree with the overall premise here both abstractly and as a matter of historical evidence but especially far as this show is concerned. For one, there was plenty of documentary context - specifically, that Brandi repeatedly issued pejorative and offensive remarks deliberately calibrated to target, single out, and embarrass Joyce by virtue of her ethnic and cultural features. If that’s not “real racism,” I’m not sure what is.  As such, I personally feel one hundred percent comfortable characterizing Brandi both as racist (adjective) and as a racist (noun); the latter term, after all, is one derived from patterns of conduct and behavior. With respect to Lisa (of whom I’m generally a fan), Yolanda, and Carlton, all concertedly strived to minimize and dismiss Joyce’s very reasonable and accurate articulation of Brandi’s actions/speech because of the sadly prevalent principle that it’s somehow a more egregious transgression for a person of color to call out bigotry than it is for a person of color to actually experience bigotry. That’s textbook institutional/casual racism.

Because racism has many incarnations - sometimes it’s mouth-frothing, sometimes it’s insidious, sometimes it’s even nuanced and/or operates in contradiction to other aspects of a person’s character. For instance, Brandi clearly had no discomfort marrying a man of Latin/Hispanic descent yet her hostility toward Joyce manifested in a distinctly anti-Latin and racially charged way. Likewise, Carlton understood bigotry when it was directed at her religion but the same concept shot straight over her head as she shouted over Joyce’s objections to Brandi’s commentary. 

All too often, the burden is placed on minorities like Joyce to “rise above” (to borrow a popular phrase from the collective discourse), educate, enlighten, and otherwise respond to the various iterations of bigotry with politeness. From my vantage, this is baldly unreasonable and does little but saddle people of color with an unfair burden of expectation while mitigating (and thus often perpetuating) the racist behavior to which they were objecting in the first place. 

Bigotry should be called by its name and, if it were more often, then perhaps, say, Kyle would be able to simply express her disgruntlement with Carlton’s nastiness rather than heinously leveraging her faith for a vulgar punchline. 

All my subjective opinion. 

Great post.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

I wonder if Kyle is doing all this “super mom and wife” stuff for the cameras because her store and TV show tanked?

Kyle believes, imo rightly so, that family is everything. Her children, husband, deceased mom, sisters, all of them.

This season though, it seems like a side we've never seen before.  IMO, a tad on the unhealthy side.  Have we ever heard that Portia shares the bed regularly? Alexa thinks toilets self clean when they flush? 

It kind of felt sitcomish.  Tonight's episode of The Wacky Umanskys!  

Dogs on the run!  Mauricio gets a sexy pedicure!  But not all is well!  House Elf Portia is so exhausted from all her chores, she can't eat!  

Tune in next week and find out if Kyle freed House Elf Portia with a sock!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, jinjer said:

IIRC later Brandi said she always read the tabloids and had them on her table and LVP said why don't you bring them or put them at her suitcase when the others weren't there. Was this on the reunion? Anyway, I believed Brandi bc LVP hinted at it all season. This was the reunion that Brandi gave us all the deets on LVPs ownership of some house in the Valley or something remember? Maybe she went bankrupt on? Something crazy. It seemed like Brandi had gotten close to Kyle and Kyle had fed Brandi a bunch of facts on LVP's past. It got pretty messy. This was an ugly season. I think Carlton started hating Kyle bc Kyle wanted to kill a bee and then starting making fun of Wicca. This was the season I thought LVP was the thickest in her manipulations. She was too obvious. And it was hurtful to Kyle. This is the type of stuff you don't do-it's mean spirited, and it would be worthy to go after her (LVP) for. Not Dumb Dorit Dumping a Dog.

Kyle really is a shallow jealous cow - alls I can say is her little mean girl fest with Faye and crew when they saw Brandi on crutches  with her long legs and beautiful body is enough to tell you about Kyle. 

All of the stuff about the Valley and bankruptcy was proven false. First Brandi claimed that Kyle told her this. When Kyle denied it, Brandi then claimed she paid 30 bucks to do a background check on Lisa so she knew it was true. But, it wasn't. Lisa and Ken never owned a house in the Valley, they never filed bankruptcy. That reunion showed just how desperate Brandi was and how much of a liar she was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Kyle's response to Brandi claims - from facebook:

In response to Brandi's comment re Lisa & Ken ....Brandi must have misunderstood an innocuous conversation we had in which we discussed the fact that Ken himself had made a speech at a party in their home where he said that he and Lisa had owned businesses and properties in Calabasas and discussed the course of their journey . This was not "classified" information. The other claim made did not come up in this conversation and is not something I have heard . For all the issues that Lisa and I continue to work through , I have tremendous respect for the hard work and success they have achieved in their life together.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kyle's response to Brandi claims - from facebook:

In response to Brandi's comment re Lisa & Ken ....Brandi must have misunderstood an innocuous conversation we had in which we discussed the fact that Ken himself had made a speech at a party in their home where he said that he and Lisa had owned businesses and properties in Calabasas and discussed the course of their journey . This was not "classified" information. The other claim made did not come up in this conversation and is not something I have heard . For all the issues that Lisa and I continue to work through , I have tremendous respect for the hard work and success they have achieved in their life together.

I believe this. I don’t believe Brandi about the affair trainer crap either.

I remember Lisa's hints, and I agree that was an ugly season. 

I wasn't a big Kyle fan at first due to the limo scene and Game Night, but I've liked Kyle just about every other season. I also thought maybe she was jealous Brandi was a bit younger, blonde and had those long, beautiful legs. I don't know what goes on in Kyle's mind, but she's far from homely. The woman looks like Demi Moore and is one of the few who is beautiful without makeup. I'd also say she has the best hair and boobs of the whole RHBH cast. 

Kyle's been called jealous of Brandi, Camille, Kim, LVP, and again, I'm not saying I know for a fact she's not nor mean to argue with anyone, but imo with her looks and life, Kyle has absolutely no reason to be jealous of anyone. I no longer thought she was jealous when I saw just how difficult Kim could be and that she's dealt with a lifetime of her, that Brandi is hardly some nice innocent chick, and Kyle manages to get along and befriend many attractive, successful women. 

I think Camille was the first person who called Kyle jealous. Camille's got the best body, but I remember thinking I'd much rather look like Kyle for her facial beauty and be married to the "local Beverly Hills realtor" over Kelsey. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 10
On 5/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, Jel said:

I think Kyle has been vindictive though, and I think while we may have only suspected that in the past, for me, it's on display and can't be unseen this season. Dorit's "No, it was about your issues with Lisa" was subtle yet telling. Kyle often says that Lisa wants her to back her at all costs -- but I think it's actually Kyle who wants Lisa to do that, and to always choose Kyle over all the others, so Kyle can be the special one.  Her objections to Lisa's "siding with Dorit, taking her side, choosing her, treating her better" belie a not super normal attitude towards friendship. I think at some deep level this causes Kyle to act out and seek revenge. I don't think Kyle is an awful person, I just think she has "issues" that are triggered by Lisa.

Kyle has spent a lot of time perpetuating rumors and things she knows aren't true about someone she claims is one of her closest friends.  She wants LVP to have her back 100% and she has had season after season of crying fits about how LVP puts other people before her and making LVP declare that she doesn't like x person more than Kyle, but then Kyle is the first person to say "Oh, well, she's manipulated things before" or "She's been known to sell stories"  In reality, the only thing that LVP can be said to have done is mention the cheating on camera when Portia was in the room, and while Kyle may have objected to it, LVP wasn't graphic, she was making a joke of it and blowing the entire thing off, helping Kyle to make the point that it was a totally ridiculous rumor.  Now, do I get that perhaps Kyle would have preferred that it would have remained off camera entirely? Sure.  But at the same time, it's not like LVP was running from person to person talking about how Mauricio was taking these women back to his office when poor Kyle thought he was working late showing houses.  It was done in a way that made it clear she didn't believe it and she was on Kyle's side.

As for the munchie-crunchie Rinna accusations? (Yep, just can't be bothered to figure out the spelling) Well, I don't know where I fall on that.  I generally think that it's entirely likely that LVP, Kyle and Rinna had a conversation about it off camera.  I would imagine that if I were on a show like this, I'd probably have 2 separate types of conversations with people, much the way I do in my real life.  There are friends/relatives that I have one conversation with where we talk about what we REALLY think about an issue.  We discuss it, we talk about all the possibilities, etc.  But, then let's say we're out to dinner with other friends and the same thing comes up.  If those other friends aren't as close or maybe they aren't known for being able to keep their mouths shut, I'm not going to say exactly the same thing.  If I were LVP or Kyle, maybe the conversation (privately), about Yolanda would be, wow, she's really doing a lot of treatments and some of them seem so risky/untested.  I'm worried that they might do damage to her that she isn't realizing or she might be causing more problems for herself down the road that she isn't aware of by doing something that hasn't really been tested, I read x about this thing she tried before.  But, then if we were at lunch with someone else, I'd be like, I saw that she was in Thailand for treatment.  I hope that it helps, she's had such a rough time.  The pictures she posted looked like she had a bit more color, so I'm hoping that it's making her feel better.  

But then I feel like Rinna kind of merged the two conversations and took the private one public in an effort to show everyone who LVP is.  The thing is, Kyle was also participating.  So she'd be just as guilty as LVP.  But, that gets sidestepped in the effort to let everyone know that LVP is just evil.  And Kyle certainly was manipulating with Rinna and Teddi to bring out the news about LVP this season.  So I don't see how it's any different if people want to say that about LVP.  

On 5/2/2019 at 9:01 AM, Jel said:

I just want to add that Kyle knows that it was Bernie, not Lisa, who sold the stories. We all know that. So when Kyle says/impies/doesn't correct the "lisa has been accused of selling stories to the press before", she's omitting the truth that Lisa has been falsely accused of selling stories to the tabloids before. Why? Because she wants people to view Lisa a certain way? That's manipulation. Or that's convenient, as Teddi likes to put it.

Exactly, Kyle KNOWS these things aren't true.  Yet she continues to spread this about her friend.  The one she turns around year after year to blast for not being a good friend to her.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:43 PM, dosodog said:

Did you know there are weirdos that face the water in the shower?  I did not until tonight.  I thought everybody had their back to the water.

I mean, you kind of have to in order to wash your face, but otherwise, why? I also do not understand rain showers.  You're either freezing because you're out of the water or you're constantly rinsing off the shaving cream/conditioner/shampoo before you're done with it.  

On 5/4/2019 at 10:19 AM, BluBrd47 said:

I wonder if Kyle is doing all this “super mom and wife” stuff for the cameras because her store and TV show tanked?

But Kyle said she was closing them to get rid of the partner.  Only has she managed to reopen yet?

On 5/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, dosodog said:

Kyle believes, imo rightly so, that family is everything. Her children, husband, deceased mom, sisters, all of them.

This season though, it seems like a side we've never seen before.  IMO, a tad on the unhealthy side.  Have we ever heard that Portia shares the bed regularly? Alexa thinks toilets self clean when they flush? 

This is kind of true.  Until they are expendable and get in her way of making some money.  Don't like that she's selling pieces of your childhood for a sitcom? Too bad! It's MY story.  She's constantly feuding with one or both of her sisters. She has a very self-centered view of family, I guess.  Even back at the beginning, she and Kim would talk about how people would say something about them being Paris Hilton's aunts (because Paris was the IT girl then) and they would be like NO she is MY niece, like they had the wrong part of the fame equation.  There's this constant, weird struggle there.  I find it exhausting to watch.  I also don't think portraying herself as a martyr who has to bring Mauricio lunch, carry her nearly middle school aged child from her bed to her own before making breakfast for her and physically dressing her, telling her college aged child that flushing a toilet does not equal cleaning and clipping her husband's toenails, to be interesting.  It's not a cute, fun, zany family thing, to me it reads more "Look at me! I'm a good mom! They can't live without me!" and it says way more about her. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:37 PM, MatildaMoody said:

All of the stuff about the Valley and bankruptcy was proven false. First Brandi claimed that Kyle told her this. When Kyle denied it, Brandi then claimed she paid 30 bucks to do a background check on Lisa so she knew it was true. But, it wasn't. Lisa and Ken never owned a house in the Valley, they never filed bankruptcy. That reunion showed just how desperate Brandi was and how much of a liar she was.

This is the thing I don't get with Brandi and the tabloid story with Kyle.  For the most part, everyone excepts that Brandi lies and manipulates, that she's just made stuff up and she will do whatever to have drama on the show.  Kyle, however, is totally willing to believe that Brandi is telling the gospel truth about the tabloids in the suitcase when it comes to LVP. Kyle is always willing to out negative info on LVP, no matter where it comes from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

My dream scenario:

The lawsuit against Mauricio bankrupts the Umanskys. 

Bethenny buys their house on short sale for $1.00 and sells it with a hefty profit.

Kyle crying to Bethenny, "You stole my goddamn house!"

Bethenny " I had no choice! I was homeless, lost at sea, and being tortured, and coming from a place of YES!"

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kyle Richards and Her ‘RHOBH’ Co-Stars to Be Dragged Into Her Husband’s $32 Million Legal Battle

The man suing Mauricio Umansky and his company has informed the court he is after “communications with any of the performed, producers, directors, writers, or any other persons affiliated with the ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ television show related to the property or this action.”

It turns out that the home at the center of the lawsuit – which Umansky was the realtor for – was used on the show while still being listed. It was the location of a massive party during Season 7 of  “RHOBH.”

The mansion in question had been seized by the United States government from Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, who allegedly used funds stolen from his home country Equatorial Guinea (Mangue is the son of the president).

Umansky sold the home to a man named Mauricio Oberfeld for $32.5 million. The sale was approved by the United States Government. However, the seller accused Umansky of failing to inform him that prior to the sale, Umansky received much higher side-offers. Umansky also allegedly never disclosed he had partnered with the buyer to purchase the property.

Umansky sold the home for $69.9 million a year later, at a profit of $37 million.

Sweetwater Malibu, which is run by Teodoro Mangue, accused Umansky in their lawsuit of breaching his duties as a real estate agent and believed he did self-dealing and earned secret profits.

In his motion to dismiss, Umansky denied all allegations of fraud and calls out Mangue. He says the home was taken from Mangue after the U.S. government found his hundreds of millions came from criminal activity.

He claims Mangue’s lawsuit is nothing more than an attempt to take back the proceeds he forfeited to the United States.

Back in October 2018, Umansky and The Agency — and his insurance company, Western World Insurance — dismissed a separate lawsuit over the $32 million home sale.

Umansky was sued by his insurance company, Western World, who wanted the court to order they didn’t have to pay for his legal bills relating to the dispute between Umansky and the seller of the Malibu home (aka Sweetwater Malibu), claiming he had breached their contract.

Kyle Richards’ husband then counter-sued the insurance company and accused them of taking the side of the seller in the dispute over the sale. He denied all allegations of wrongdoing or that he breached their deal. He demanded Western World’s lawsuit against him not move forward until the outcome of the issue with the seller.

Umansky denied all allegations of wrongdoing and said the entire transaction was subject to terms of a settlement agreement between the seller and the United States Government.

https://theblast.com/kyle-richards-rhobh-mauricio-house-lawsuit/

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here's an article that has a lot more background on Mauricio's "deal":

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/the-insurer-the-celebrity-estate-agent-the-son-of-an-african-president-and-a-multimillion-lawsuit-112662.aspx

The property in question – located at 3620 Sweetwater Mesa Road within the gated community of Serra Retreat – is not just your ordinary bluff-top mansion. Built in 1991, the 16-acre estate located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific was once owned by Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, son of Equatorial Guinea president Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.

While Teodoro the father is infamous for ruling the oil and natural gas-producing country as a dictator for decades, Teodoro the son has led an equally-decadent lifestyle. Named “Minister of Agriculture and Forestry” of Equatorial Guinea, the younger Teodoro, nicknamed “Teodorin” by his people, managed to purchase the nearly $44 million (adjusted for inflation) mansion in 2006 despite having a monthly salary of only $3,700. Teodorin was also a luxury car enthusiast, and had owned an entire hip hop music record label at some point.

After US Homeland Security exposed the Obiang family’s secret accounts at the Washington-based Riggs Bank in 2011, the Justice Department moved to seize Teodoro’s assets – which included his son’s opulent pad in Malibu as well as a Ferrari, a private jet and the jacket worn by Michael Jackson in the Thriller music video.

A foreign complaint alleged that Teodorin had spent $315 million on properties and luxury goods between 2004 and 2011; he allegedly accomplished this by levying personal “taxes” against local and foreign timber companies for licenses to operate and export timber, the complaint said. In 2014, Teodorin reached a settlement with the Department of Justice to pay some of the funds held in accounts on his behalf, as well as picking up his clifftop mansion. $10.3 million of the proceeds of the sale would go to US officials and the rest would be distributed to charities supporting the people of Equatorial Guinea.

In 2015, Obiang and the US government chose Umansky to sell the property. Sweetwater Malibu – an Obiang-controlled limited liability company – had asked that the sale be transacted quietly.

After receiving five offers, Umansky settled for $33.5 million from Mauricio Oberfeld, a known developer of luxury homes. Oberfeld later bought the house for $32.5 million in 2016, asking Sweetwater Malibu for a discount since the property was in need of repairs.

Just nine months later, Oberfeld flipped the house for $69.9 million – more than double what he paid for it. Oberfeld also revealed that he had a partner in the deal: Umansky. Umansky had invested alongside Oberfeld in the 2016 purchase and was even responsible for listing the home in 2017.

Western World claimed in its lawsuit that Umansky did not disclose his investment until moments before the sale closed.

While proceeds of the sale of the house will go to third parties, Sweetwater protested to the collusion between Umansky and Oberfeld. An attorney representing Sweetwater demanded private mediation, reasoning that Umansky abused his position as both broker and buyer to land a deal that benefitted himself instead of Sweetwater.

The company later made a bolder claim – that Umansky recommended the sale to Oberfeld and even offered to lower the price by a million dollars, despite knowing that another buyer, Sam Hakim, was willing to purchase the property for $8 million more than Oberfeld’s bid.

Faced with the allegations, Umansky and his brokerage turned to Western World to pay for their legal defense. Instead, the insurer sued Umansky and his firm in June.

Western World also agreed with Sweetwater’s statements, noting in its suit that Umansky had failed to notify both Sweetwater and the US government about Hakim’s offer.

“The failure of [the Agency] and Umansky to disclose the negotiation between Oberfeld and Hakim … was an obvious violation of fiduciary duties,” Western World alleged.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

So this is the English actress, Hilda Baker, who Kyle reminds me of (the way she walks and her mannerisms). It’s the start of a British film called Nearest and Dearest.  

The film is woeful. I just wanted you to see Hilda in the first few minutes.

• LOL 6
(edited)

Maybe she should tell her friends PK and Dorito to lay low too. (Check his IG)

Kyle is getting killed over a birthday post to Rinna. Their friendship (Kyle and Rinna) I just don't really understand. I can say whatever I want about MY family but I'll be damned you come in my house and start some shit. Nope. On camera no less! 

Edited by FairyDusted
Extra random letter
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Maybe she should tell her friends PK and Dorito to lay low too. (Check his IG)

Kyle is getting killed over a birthday post to Rinna. Their friendship (Kyle and Rinna) I just don't really understand. I can say whatever I want about MY family but I'll be damned you come in my house and start some shit. Nope. On camera no less! 

Whoa, nothing but negative comments attacking Kyle and Rinna on Kyle's twitter and lots of hate on her Insta too. This season has not been good to those two women at all. 

Given enough rope......

• Love 6
On 5/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, JerseyGirl said:

Here's an article that has a lot more background on Mauricio's "deal":

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/the-insurer-the-celebrity-estate-agent-the-son-of-an-african-president-and-a-multimillion-lawsuit-112662.aspx

The property in question – located at 3620 Sweetwater Mesa Road within the gated community of Serra Retreat – is not just your ordinary bluff-top mansion. Built in 1991, the 16-acre estate located on a cliff overlooking the Pacific was once owned by Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, son of Equatorial Guinea president Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo.

While Teodoro the father is infamous for ruling the oil and natural gas-producing country as a dictator for decades, Teodoro the son has led an equally-decadent lifestyle. Named “Minister of Agriculture and Forestry” of Equatorial Guinea, the younger Teodoro, nicknamed “Teodorin” by his people, managed to purchase the nearly $44 million (adjusted for inflation) mansion in 2006 despite having a monthly salary of only $3,700. Teodorin was also a luxury car enthusiast, and had owned an entire hip hop music record label at some point.

After US Homeland Security exposed the Obiang family’s secret accounts at the Washington-based Riggs Bank in 2011, the Justice Department moved to seize Teodoro’s assets – which included his son’s opulent pad in Malibu as well as a Ferrari, a private jet and the jacket worn by Michael Jackson in the Thriller music video.

A foreign complaint alleged that Teodorin had spent $315 million on properties and luxury goods between 2004 and 2011; he allegedly accomplished this by levying personal “taxes” against local and foreign timber companies for licenses to operate and export timber, the complaint said. In 2014, Teodorin reached a settlement with the Department of Justice to pay some of the funds held in accounts on his behalf, as well as picking up his clifftop mansion. $10.3 million of the proceeds of the sale would go to US officials and the rest would be distributed to charities supporting the people of Equatorial Guinea.

In 2015, Obiang and the US government chose Umansky to sell the property. Sweetwater Malibu – an Obiang-controlled limited liability company – had asked that the sale be transacted quietly.

After receiving five offers, Umansky settled for $33.5 million from Mauricio Oberfeld, a known developer of luxury homes. Oberfeld later bought the house for $32.5 million in 2016, asking Sweetwater Malibu for a discount since the property was in need of repairs.

Just nine months later, Oberfeld flipped the house for $69.9 million – more than double what he paid for it. Oberfeld also revealed that he had a partner in the deal: Umansky. Umansky had invested alongside Oberfeld in the 2016 purchase and was even responsible for listing the home in 2017.

Western World claimed in its lawsuit that Umansky did not disclose his investment until moments before the sale closed.

While proceeds of the sale of the house will go to third parties, Sweetwater protested to the collusion between Umansky and Oberfeld. An attorney representing Sweetwater demanded private mediation, reasoning that Umansky abused his position as both broker and buyer to land a deal that benefitted himself instead of Sweetwater.

The company later made a bolder claim – that Umansky recommended the sale to Oberfeld and even offered to lower the price by a million dollars, despite knowing that another buyer, Sam Hakim, was willing to purchase the property for $8 million more than Oberfeld’s bid.

Faced with the allegations, Umansky and his brokerage turned to Western World to pay for their legal defense. Instead, the insurer sued Umansky and his firm in June.

Western World also agreed with Sweetwater’s statements, noting in its suit that Umansky had failed to notify both Sweetwater and the US government about Hakim’s offer.

“The failure of [the Agency] and Umansky to disclose the negotiation between Oberfeld and Hakim … was an obvious violation of fiduciary duties,” Western World alleged.

So reading that Umansky's insurance company did not pay out for the original amount asked for.   I believe this was settled out of court?

(edited)

I'm so tired of the Agency lawsuit.  I've posted numerous links about it from legitimate sources (not celebrity rags) such as the LA Times.  

Yes,  The Agency lawsuit and the insurance company was settled.  They both retracted their suits.

Secondly, just because someone files a lawsuit, it doesn't mean the other party is guilty.  Do I think the second lawsuit will end up in a settlement?  Probably.  Why?  Because sometimes it's cheaper to settle.  Do I think Mauricio and the Agency are guilty?  No.  The lawsuit is based on the seller getting a better offer.  No, he didn't.  The offer was to the buyer. 

In the end, is Mo and Kyle going to end up destitute?  No.  The Agency is flourishing.  Mo and his partners created a company with a very different concept than the Hilton company.  And...just because Mo worked for Hilton, he didn't owe his life to him.  He's good at what he does.  TPTB didn't want to make him a partner so he left.  What's wrong with that?  The claim that he stole clients?  Well, for me, as a seller or buyer, it's all about the agent.  Not the realty company.  I don't care about who they work for.  It's about the job that realtor has done for me.  IMO, that's how it works.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I'm so tired of the Agency lawsuit.  I've posted numerous links about it from legitimate sources (not celebrity rags) such as the LA Times.  

Yes,  The Agency lawsuit and the insurance company was settled.  They both retracted their suits.

Secondly, just because someone files a lawsuit, it doesn't mean the other party is guilty.  Do I think the second lawsuit will end up in a settlement?  Probably.  Why?  Because sometimes it's cheaper to settle.  Do I think Mauricio and the Agency are guilty?  No.  The lawsuit is based on the seller getting a better offer.  No, he didn't.  The offer was to the buyer. 

In the end, is Mo and Kyle going to end up destitute?  No.  The Agency is flourishing.  Mo and his partners created a company with a very different concept than the Hilton company.  And...just because Mo worked for Hilton, he didn't owe his life to him.  He's good at what he does.  TPTB didn't want to make him a partner so he left.  What's wrong with that?  The claim that he stole clients?  Well, for me, as a seller or buyer, it's all about the agent.  Not the realty company.  I don't care about who they work for.  It's about the job that realtor has done for me.  IMO, that's how it works.

I agree with all of this, however, this lawsuit cannot be good for The Agency/ Mauricio's business. Not good at all. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I agree that just because you’re sued doesn’t mean you’re guilty. I also agree that Mauricio didn’t do anything wrong by spreading his wings. It didn’t mean he wasn’t grateful, but he doesn’t owe them the rest of his life. Most of us would leave to take advantage of other opportunities. I also don’t think this situation is going to result in Kyle and Mauricio being broke and out of work. I also go by the agent, not the company. I don’t care at all who they work for either. 

I like Kyle and Mauricio so trust me, I don’t want to think he was being shady. So the truth is Mauricio didn’t hide any better offers? Just how much was the house worked on before he sold it for so much more money? Was it really THAT run down? Why didn’t the seller know Mauricio was a partner with the buyer? I’m still not convinced it wasn’t a scam, but I’m not going to write Mauricio off as a bad guy just yet.

I think some people want to believe the worst of Mauricio because he’s both hot and successful, and/or they don’t like Kyle. Neither applies to me, and I don’t believe they stole Kim’s house either, but that they’ve supported her throughout the years. I also think Mauricio is the biggest gentleman, appears to be a wonderful husband and father. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, breezy424 said:

All of this!! Well said

• Love 6
On 7/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, RealHousewife said:

I like Kyle and Mauricio so trust me, I don’t want to think he was being shady. So the truth is Mauricio didn’t hide any better offers? Just how much was the house worked on before he sold it for so much more money? Was it really THAT run down? Why didn’t the seller know Mauricio was a partner with the buyer? I’m still not convinced it wasn’t a scam, but I’m not going to write Mauricio off as a bad guy just yet.

I think some people want to believe the worst of Mauricio because he’s both hot and successful, and/or they don’t like Kyle. Neither applies to me, and I don’t believe they stole Kim’s house either, but that they’ve supported her throughout the years. I also think Mauricio is the biggest gentleman, appears to be a wonderful husband and father. 

I don't find Mauricio to be hot, he seems smarmy and sleazy to me.  He's always struck me as a salesperson, from the first time he was introduced on the show.  He's not a used car level sales person, but there's just a slick, salesperson edge to him that he never seems to drop and he always seems kind of surface-ish.  

I also think that there's 3 sides to the whole stolen goddamn house.  I'm confident that Kyle and Mauricio have paid a ton of Kim's bills over the years, made sure her kids ate, had a home to live in, etc.  I'm also sure that something got mixed up when it comes to the house.  My guess would be that it was something somewhat lost in translation, like when Kyle's mother died, the 3 of them inherited the house.  At some point, Kyle and Mauricio opted to buy Kathy out.  Kim may have needed money and/or not wanted to pay for the upkeep on her portion of the house, and so they also purchased her portion.  Likely she wasn't intending to never own the house again or ever be able to use it, so I could see a conversation where it was like don't worry, you can always buy it back when you have the money, etc.  Then when Kyle and Mauricio wanted to sell the property to buy the house they own there now they pretty much said, well, we're selling the house.  Kim would have had to either pay the current market rate for the house or they were going to sell it, because why would they take a loss on the property they've paid for and maintained all these years?  In a case like this, I couldn't fault Kyle or Mauricio, because I certainly wouldn't sell the house back to a sibling of mine for the 1/3 share that I paid them back whenever it happened, especially given that the property had likely gone up in value.  But at the same time, I can see how Kim would feel like she was screwed in the deal as she was selling her portion in exchange for help, kind of as collateral on a loan, and told she could always buy it back, but then later it was "buy the whole house or too bad, so sad"  That's my speculation, anyway.  

About the lawsuit, it's very telling for me that Mauricio's insurance company refused to represent him and pay last year.  They sided against him, feeling that he was guilty.  That's NOT a good thing, as you pretty much pay for insurance specifically for these situations.  

I also think there is trouble in River City, given that they switched the name on the brokerage license last year, and they have apparently been losing a lot of their top agents.  The Agency seems to be having issues overall:

https://therealdeal.com/la/issues_articles/drama-at-the-agency/

On 7/22/2019 at 7:46 PM, druzy said:

For someone who supposedly struggled with an eating disorder and has a friend whose child has struggled, it seems like she'd have had a nicer response.  They're funny? Why not just say that they aren't the best idea?  

• Love 8

Fuckin' Kyle, on WWHL after part 2 of the reunion.

"The housewives, [we should be] talking about how we get along on the show, what we do on the show."

Also, (I missed what led into it) trying to clean up something about her husband by saying "Our kids, our husbands, they don't sign up to be on the show." (So there shouldn't be husband or kid questions or bombshells). 

This, from the women who clipped her husband's toenails on national TV and waxes rhapsodic about her husband and daughters on national TV every chance she gets.

I don't wish her ill exactly but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11