Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

Their definition of friendship is clearly different than mine.

Duh. It's a Hollywood friendship. Ya do what ya gotta do. Go along to get along.  [insert cliche of choice]

I mean, are any of the women on any of these HW franchises really friends?  

• Love 1

I guess I just don't understand why Kyle and Lisa even want to be friends with each other at this point. They both clearly hold so much resentment towards the other and neither is getting the contrition that she wants. I guess it's worth swallowing all the hurt and anger because they share a few laughs over bad double entendres made at Lisa's terrible restaurants? Okay, have at it, girls! Their definition of friendship is clearly different than mine.

I think they want to be friends because they miss having fun with each other. For me, the question is whether or not the hurt was as intense as they portrayed it or if they were playing it up for dramatic purposes. 

Both women know that being the victim plays well to viewers, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was easy for them to let it go once filming was done because while their feelings may have been hurt, I doubt they were as angry as they wanted the viewers to believe. And once they had some space and saw that viewers were bored with their feuding, it was easy enough to just move on and try to get back to that sweet spot that made their friendship so watchable in the first place.

• Love 2

I think they want to be friends because they miss having fun with each other. For me, the question is whether or not the hurt was as intense as they portrayed it or if they were playing it up for dramatic purposes. 

Both women know that being the victim plays well to viewers, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was easy for them to let it go once filming was done because while their feelings may have been hurt, I doubt they were as angry as they wanted the viewers to believe. And once they had some space and saw that viewers were bored with their feuding, it was easy enough to just move on and try to get back to that sweet spot that made their friendship so watchable in the first place.

I also think they are very similar at their core.  By that I mean that they both have very clear priorities, and I think they protect them. They are the gals that came on this show with very good marriages - I don't believe there is anything fake going on with either of them. That is not to say that a husband (or wife) has not strayed during the course of their marriage, but I believe that they are in committed and loving relationships, and that they view their marriage in the same way. They both live a great love story, but also a partnership.  That sets them a part from a great deal of the couples we see on any of these shows. At the heart of the situation, that bonds them. They also have a great deal of fun together.  I have posted before that I think they are both at their best when they are together.  Kyle softens Lisa a great deal. Kyle is in many regards Lisa's equal. She is not mothering her like she did with Brandi. Lisa has nothing on Kyle and therefore they come into the relationship as total equals and they can be themselves when they are together.  I think they both get that they have great chemistry and that for the most part, the audience would like them to be friends. 

• Love 2

Kyle's been pretty boring so far this season. For me,  that's a step up from annoying.

No wonder Brandi is trying to spice things up.  We are now down to lesson in laundry.  I guess it was suppose to be fun while it lasted now on to some drama.

• Love 2

Maybe Maurice will get her a bigger house. Her house seems way too small to house all her Chanel clothes, shoes, etc. I'm actually shocked she doesn't have a complete room just dedicated to her clothes. 

• Love 1

I know I'm a jealous hater because they are sooooo obviously in love. They are meant to be as they are equally corny.

I think David thinks the words of songs are real life.  And Yolanda lives out the fantasy for him.  All that schtick that she goes through are like his love songs come to life.

Maybe Maurice will get her a bigger house. Her house seems way too small to house all her Chanel clothes, shoes, etc. I'm actually shocked she doesn't have a complete room just dedicated to her clothes. 

They just bought a big old house in La Qunita.  I think they did add on to their house to accommodate her ever increasing wardrobe-at least Carlton complained about the construction in their "quaint" home.  For all of Kyle and Mauricio's money one thing that drives me nuts-and they are not alone-is all the crap on the bathroom counters.  I think it is sweet in their 5 bathroom home that everyone gets ready in mom's room but it would drive me nuts having all that make-up all over the counters.  Keep the stuff in drawers.  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0-PeyO1vbGE/UQ_4wIt7qxI/AAAAAAAADhY/jC5ABtv0OLs/s640/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-3-kyle-richards-crib-21.jpg  Totally cool River their dog has found a spot in the bathroom.

• Love 1

Totally cool River their dog has found a spot in the bathroom.

I'd take Kyle's dogs over Lisa VP's any day. They act and are treated like real dogs and not props.

That being said I think Lisa would laugh it off and scruffle their neck if one of Kyle's dogs slobbered all over one of her designer dresses.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I'd take Kyle's dogs over Lisa VP's any day. They act and are treated like real dogs and not props.

That being said I think Lisa would laugh it off and scruffle their neck if one of Kyle's dogs slobbered all over one of her designer dresses.

I see this said quite a bit, but the only dog I've seen that Lisa V. carries around on a regular basis is Giggy.  There have been many scenes of Lisa and Ken in the yard, with the dogs wrestling and playing in the background.  Most of her dogs seem like regular dogs who run and play. 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 4

They just bought a big old house in La Qunita.  I think they did add on to their house to accommodate her ever increasing wardrobe-at least Carlton complained about the construction in their "quaint" home.  For all of Kyle and Mauricio's money one thing that drives me nuts-and they are not alone-is all the crap on the bathroom counters.  I think it is sweet in their 5 bathroom home that everyone gets ready in mom's room but it would drive me nuts having all that make-up all over the counters.  Keep the stuff in drawers.  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0-PeyO1vbGE/UQ_4wIt7qxI/AAAAAAAADhY/jC5ABtv0OLs/s640/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-3-kyle-richards-crib-21.jpg  Totally cool River their dog has found a spot in the bathroom.

I agree with you on the clutter.  My mom is like Kyle.  When she moved out of her house into mine, I helped her pack and de-clutter.  Her bathroom counter was covered with pretty mirrored racks filled with perfume, lotion, etc.  That crap was years old and I hate dusting clutter.  I strong armed her into trashing much of it.  I was not popular that day.  Love River - he needs a cute little dog bed tucked under there.

I see this said quite a bit, but the only dog I've seen that Lisa V. carries around on a regular basis is Giggy.  There have been many scenes of Lisa and Ken in the yard, with the dogs wrestling and playing in the background.  Most of her dogs seem like regular dogs who run and play. 

There's Giggy and another Pom that seems off.  Ken presented it to Lisa like a dead dog.  It was laying still on it's back as he handed it over and Lisa admired and commented on his balls.

• Love 2

While Maurice did buy her a new house it's really small for them with all that clutter around and he is in high end real estate they should live in a more fabulous home. Why does Eileen and Vince have a HUGE mansion for only 3 people and Kyle has a tiny shack in comparison. That mean girl Kyle should expect more. *insert eyeroll, sarcasm and a tiny bit of jealous hater*

No, it doesn't make someone a horrible person or user, nor is it the least bit shocking.  It just makes them a suck-up who is willing to suck up to anyone for their business, even someone whose wife is fighting against and calling a fucking liar.  And I formed that impression of Mauricio during the Camille fight, not based on anything Lisa said later.

Is it possible to be a salesman and not be someone who knows how to suck up to people for their business? I guess there's some types of sales where being exclusive is a plus (like Studio 54 not letting everyone in the club or something), but it seems like the basic requirement of the job of salesman is making clients feel good and making them want your services or product. If Mauricio wasn't ready to suck up to Camille just because she had a fight with his wife I'd probably think less of him--not as a person, but I'd think he was pretty unprofessional. I'm not a salesperson but in the aspect of my job where I have to deal with people I need something from I am totally willing to suck up!

• Love 5

To piggyback on the above, it's interesting that Lisa and Ken don't get that label. They're in the service industry as well. I have a feeling that they aren't going to be awful to people patronizing their restaurants and lounges, and if a patron were to have a complaint, would Lisa and/or Ken argue with that person or try to be accommodating?

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1
I'm not a salesperson but in the aspect of my job where I have to deal with people I need something from I am totally willing to suck up!

Yes, I understand this.  But that's exactly the reason why a person might question whether the friendships they make are entirely genuine.

It was seeing Mauricio in action with Camille in Season 1 that gave me the impression he might be "friends" with everyone for his business.  It wasn't Lisa who planted that thought in my head. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

While Maurice did buy her a new house it's really small for them with all that clutter around and he is in high end real estate they should live in a more fabulous home. Why does Eileen and Vince have a HUGE mansion for only 3 people and Kyle has a tiny shack in comparison. That mean girl Kyle should expect more. *insert eyeroll, sarcasm and a tiny bit of jealous hater*

Kyle's house is 8,000 square feet.  It is a choice to have crap on the bathroom countertops.  A bigger house won't change the mindset.

• Love 3

I agree with you on the clutter.  My mom is like Kyle.  When she moved out of her house into mine, I helped her pack and de-clutter.  Her bathroom counter was covered with pretty mirrored racks filled with perfume, lotion, etc.  That crap was years old and I hate dusting clutter.  I strong armed her into trashing much of it.  I was not popular that day.  Love River - he needs a cute little dog bed tucked under there.

There's Giggy and another Pom that seems off.  Ken presented it to Lisa like a dead dog.  It was laying still on it's back as he handed it over and Lisa admired and commented on his balls.

The other pom you speak of is Giggy's "dad"/sire and he is rather old and in his last years. Lisa/Ken rescued him from the breeder last year.

• Love 2

The other pom you speak of is Giggy's "dad"/sire and he is rather old and in his last years. Lisa/Ken rescued him from the breeder last year.

Not to seem indelicate but how old is Giggy?  I know dad is probably three years older but I have always wondered how old Giggy is.

Not to seem indelicate but how old is Giggy?  I know dad is probably three years older but I have always wondered how old Giggy is.

Giggy was born in 2009 so he will be 6 this year. His dad was a show dog and was retired from the show ring and from breeding/stud services so I am guessing that he is most likely around 10 years old. Both dogs came from West Virginia.

Wasn't that Rompy the golden retriever that you don't see around any more? 

Wow doesn't look like Kyle's house is 8,000 square feet. As for her clutter she has "help" and her house still looks like that? Why does she need someone to do her laundry? What does she do all day besides comb her hair?

• Love 1

Giggy was born in 2009 so he will be 6 this year. His dad was a show dog and was retired from the show ring and from breeding/stud services so I am guessing that he is most likely around 10 years old. Both dogs came from West Virginia.

Thanks Wire-small breed so many years ahead of them. They have found a loving home with the Todds.

Wow doesn't look like Kyle's house is 8,000 square feet. As for her clutter she has "help" and her house still looks like that? Why does she need someone to do her laundry? What does she do all day besides comb her hair?

Well she does have a store and a first grader and an ninth grader, and a reality show so I am guessing she probably spends a fair amount of time driving. The only room I really see as cluttered is her bathroom.  I think her house is deceiving because it is two stories.  If you are interested in the tour there is a photo gallery on Bravo, there are a lot more rooms than the ones we see on the show.  Mauricio even has a man cave.    

• Love 2

Kyle's house feels like a home that kids bang around in.  She has that formal living room that Adrienne leaves tanner all over and that horrid dining room that Faye decorated, but other than that, it seems like a family's home.  While I love Eileen's exterior, you wonder how much of that space is really livable inside - seems like a lot of staircase might be going on with three stories.  Lisa's too.  

• Love 3

Kyle's house feels like a home that kids bang around in.  She has that formal living room that Adrienne leaves tanner all over and that horrid dining room that Faye decorated, but other than that, it seems like a family's home.  While I love Eileen's exterior, you wonder how much of that space is really livable inside - seems like a lot of staircase might be going on with three stories.  Lisa's too.  

I have been watching too much VPR and it took me a few moments to realize this was a mistype..

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 1
Watch Sophia and Kyle interact, Sophia is hesitant with Kyle IMO. Of course it could just be her age but after what Kyle said at that fashion show............Kyle sounded more like Big Kathy .

What did Kyle say at the fashion show? I don't remember it very well, but she seemed pretty normal to me there. I think Sophia's just hesitant in general because she's shy--maybe even more shy when the cameras are on.

• Love 3

What did Kyle say at the fashion show? I don't remember it very well, but she seemed pretty normal to me there. I think Sophia's just hesitant in general because she's shy--maybe even more shy when the cameras are on.

Kyle said she was shy like her daughter Sophia so her mother led her into acting.  Kyle thought since Sophia was shy she should try the modeling, let her walk with a friend and stressed the importance of volunteering for a cause.  I think Kyle was also grateful for Brandi's friend showing them how to walk.  Sophia possesses something Kyle and Kim aren't use to-she is tall.  I took the whole modeling thing as a way for Sophia to learn the confident walk models have and volunteer for the children's hospital. 

The way I see Kyle is she readily admits she did not have a normal childhood and her favorite moments were being in her mom's room with her sisters talking and fiddling around with hair and make-up.  I think Kyle has taken her favorite moments and given her girls a much more stable and traditional upbringing with a husband and father that adores the lot of them.  I doubt we will ever hear Kyle say she has a favorite even though she has always said that Kim was her mother's favorite.  

• Love 3

So Camille and Kyle dine at The Palm in Beverly Hills and are pictured with Andy Cohen's BFF http://instagram.com/p/x2gp8vkPO-/

The next day Kyle and her friends no Kim or other RHOBH in sight lunch for Kyle's birthday https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1000165716664309

My conclusion to the question what does Kyle do all day beside brush her hair?  Go to lunch apparently. 

I am not grooving on the pink cape thing Kyle is wearing, it smacks of Joan Crawford/Mommy Dearest to me.  And yes, zoeysmom...Faye meet bra indeed!

I've seen that photo before...in Vanity Fair, I think. She's at the Beverly Hills Hotel in that shot. Love the picture but I wonder why Kyle has it in her home. Are they connected in some way that I hadn't realized? Well, they both certainly have stories about working with Bette Davis perhaps they bonded at some function or other. 

And btw that's the sort of dinner guest that I'd like to see come over to Kyle's house. Faye Dunaway is pretty batshit in her own right, I know, but it's in that glorious old Hollywood sort of way even if she isn't technically old Hollywood so it doesn't really bother me. I find the diva factor here more fascinating than offensive, I guess. 

• Love 2

I've seen that photo before...in Vanity Fair, I think. She's at the Beverly Hills Hotel in that shot. Love the picture but I wonder why Kyle has it in her home. Are they connected in some way that I hadn't realized? Well, they both certainly have stories about working with Bette Davis perhaps they bonded at some function or other. 

And btw that's the sort of dinner guest that I'd like to see come over to Kyle's house. Faye Dunaway is pretty batshit in her own right, I know, but it's in that glorious old Hollywood sort of way even if she isn't technically old Hollywood so it doesn't really bother me. I find the diva factor here more fascinating than offensive, I guess. 

I know Hollywood Glamour is one of the popular decorating style right now so I assumed her decorator Faye Resnick brought in a  famous photo for a little Hollywood Glamour.  Faye Dunaway is what 75 maybe?  I thought it was kind of a fun photo.  I am thinking Kyle and Faye probably have birthdays close together.  I do love the photo.

On WWHL tonight Kyle said she had no idea it was going to be a wine tasting at all; all she knew was that she was going to get massages - that was it. But on the RHBH tonight she said she knew it was going to be a wine pairing, just not so formal.

• Love 1

She is also saying she was following Kim because she was afraid of her leaving with Brandi.  But I think she was mad at hell because Kim just dissed her with a nasty comment, I can't recall what it was, but it was something along the lines of a sarcastic, "Thanks Kyle" almost a "you know what you did."  And Kyle was running after Kim to find out what Kim was accusing her of.  She wasn't protecting Kim, she was mad as hell at that point.  (I am sure a lot of Kyle's fury is just plain anger at Kim using again - which is well deserved!)

• Love 3

She is also saying she was following Kim because she was afraid of her leaving with Brandi.  

And Kyle was running after Kim to find out what Kim was accusing her of.  She wasn't protecting Kim, she was mad as hell at that point.  (I am sure a lot of Kyle's fury is just plain anger at Kim using again - which is well deserved!)

And running toward a camera, that was clearly in their faces, to find out what the accusation was about.  Kyle and Kim both wanted a scene.

Kim could have not gone back into the house, and Kyle could have done any number of things to prevent what happened from happening.

Seemed to me like Brandi was the only one trying to get the pill popping idjit out of camera range.  Maybe because Brandi was the only non-actress there. LOL

• Love 3
Kim could have not gone back into the house, and Kyle could have done any number of things to prevent what happened from happening.

She could have ignored Kim, it's true. But it seems like Kyle's being held to a much higher standard of behavior in that case. She went a whole night with Kim picking at her, sees that she's using again, gets blindsided by Kim suddenly coming in and announcing that she's leaving because of what Kyle did (without explaining what Kyle did) and then has this other person "protecting" Kim from her when she asks what her problem is now. Seems like Kyle let Kim play her like a fiddle in that scene more than got a scene she herself wanted. While Brandi got to pretend to be the drunk hero who's the only one who "gets it." Getting Kim out of camera range is irrelevant. It's not like Brandi saved Kim's reputation from any kind of tarnish. She did more damage encouraging Kim to remember that only Brandi cared about her and all those other women including Kyle were enemies. 

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 9

And running toward a camera, that was clearly in their faces, to find out what the accusation was about.  Kyle and Kim both wanted a scene.

Seemed to me like Brandi was the only one trying to get the pill popping idjit out of camera range.  Maybe because Brandi was the only non-actress there. LOL

The cameras follow the actors-so short of locking oneself in the bathroom you are within camera range.  There are even cameras in the limos.  Next week we will see all of them rush outside to the driveway-camera folks should be getting double time.

• Love 3

She could have ignored Kim, it's true. But it seems like Kyle's being held to a much higher standard of behavior in that case.

I can't speak for how Kyle should act but look at the way Eileen and Lisa R handle the drunks and addicts.  I respect them so much more for keeping their cool and not appearing (to me anyway and not yet) to clamor for camera time.  Did you see how LIsa R almost, almost, flung that poker chip at Brandi? That was a thing of beauty. I hold Lisa R and Eileen to a higher standard because imo, they're better human beings than Kimdi.  I guess I also hold Kyle to a higher standard because I'm going on the assumption that Kyle is more together than Kim. However, I still think Kyle has an agenda and not above using Kim's addiction for a storyline. Or even just to help keep Kim employed so more of Mauricio's money can go for gladiator boots.  I've always thought Kyle has something up those caftan sleeves and that isn't likely to change because of this epi. :)

The cameras follow the actors-so short of locking oneself in the bathroom you are within camera range.  There are even cameras in the limos.  Next week we will see all of them rush outside to the driveway-camera folks should be getting double time.

Exactly.  So they should both learn to keep their shit together.  If Kim can't because she's high, then at least Kyle might try.  But see my post above. ^^

• Love 3