Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Kyle should have just blocked the poster.  And stop looking to Twitter for validation.

Perfectly stated.  All the HWs have gotten blasted on Twitter, and  "Vile Kyle" has been around for years.  That comment was innocuous compared to others on her feed; some were downright nasty.  That mean gene must have been itching to come out and Kyle couldn't help herself.

Kyle's admirer who proudly stalked the woman's Facebook and Twitter accounts and revealed the offending commenter's personal info was run off Twitter and deleted her account.  That was a dumb hill to die on.

Edited by Aunt Kiki
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

She flipped out after being called "Vile Kyle" and wanted this woman reported to her employer?

I wonder how she would feel if...

the woman called her a c***

the woman said she wanted to knock her teeth out

the woman said her husband didn't want her

the woman said she wanted her sister to fail at her sobriety

the woman said she only pretended to care about her sister when she was on camera

Would Kyle follow that same woman on instagram after those serious insults?

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, charming said:

She flipped out after being called "Vile Kyle" and wanted this woman reported to her employer?

I wonder how she would feel if...

the woman called her a c***

the woman said she wanted to knock her teeth out

the woman said her husband didn't want her

the woman said she wanted her sister to fail at her sobriety

the woman said she only pretended to care about her sister when she was on camera

Would Kyle follow that same woman on instagram after those serious insults?

To be fair, one of her loyal fans took it upon herself to find out the info on the poster and announce her place of employment and location on Kyle's timeline.  It wasn't Kyle, but her response to the poster triggered the fan to do a very stupid thing.  Hmm, a minion indirectly doing her dirty work....sound familiar? 😆😉

Of course Kyle deleted the whole tweet exchange once the info was dropped and Kyle was getting eviscerated - but apparently not quickly enough.

If you look at her twitter and all HW twitter accounts, you will see some tweet responses that will make your hair stand up.  I'm not joking.  Makes the term "Vile Kyle" a nothingburger in comparison.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Aunt Kiki said:

To be fair, one of her loyal fans took it upon herself to find out the info on the poster and announce her place of employment and location on Kyle's timeline.  It wasn't Kyle, but her response to the poster triggered the fan to do a very stupid thing.  Hmm, a minion indirectly doing her dirty work....sound familiar? 😆😉

Of course Kyle deleted the whole tweet exchange once the info was dropped and Kyle was getting eviscerated - but apparently not quickly enough.

If you look at her twitter and all HW twitter accounts, you will see some tweet responses that will make your hair stand up.  I'm not joking.  Makes the term "Vile Kyle" a nothingburger in comparison.

Kyle deleting the tweet means she must have been aware of the extent a 'fan' went to violate the privacy of the poster and their real life. The appropriate thing would have been to delete the comment and make a statement via Twitter saying that while she may retweet and respond to comments she finds unkind to her, she does not condone or encourage anyone to dig into people's personal information and use her platform to share such information. I don't think Kyle needs to apologize to that individual for responding to her because she did call her Vile Kyle and it's fair if Kyle wants to acknowledge and defend herself against that comment (though I'm sure there must be far worse said about her) but there's a lot of irony in Kyle defending herself against people who think they know her based on a reality show yet she thought nothing of lecturing someone about their values and abilities as a professional based on 40 character profile description on their Twitter page.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Kyle deleting the tweet means she must have been aware of the extent a 'fan' went to violate the privacy of the poster and their real life. The appropriate thing would have been to delete the comment and make a statement via Twitter saying that while she may retweet and respond to comments she finds unkind to her, she does not condone or encourage anyone to dig into people's personal information and use her platform to share such information. I don't think Kyle needs to apologize to that individual for responding to her because she did call her Vile Kyle and it's fair if Kyle wants to acknowledge and defend herself against that comment (though I'm sure there must be far worse said about her) but there's a lot of irony in Kyle defending herself against people who think they know her based on a reality show yet she thought nothing of lecturing someone about their values and abilities as a professional based on 40 character profile description on their Twitter page.

IMO Kyle deleted that tweet string for more than just that reason and I totally agree with everything else you posted.  Twitter has Mute and Block functions and she should use them instead of responding to negative comments.   There are some real wackos on that platform.

• Love 4

I don’t like how Kyle handled confronting Lisa about Radar.

However, Kyle does seem to be a good judge of character. I know Lisa is considered to be the smart one, but I think Kyle is better at reading people. She was proven right when she said Kim isn’t the little wallflower she appeared to be season 1. While Kim is her sister, she’s been right about everyone else too. She correctly guessed that Cedric was phony. She immediately saw that Brandi was trouble. I like both Kyle and Lisa and see flaws in both. Kyle was right when she first compared Lisa to Bobby Fischer. (I’m not saying I necessarily liked that she said that, as I totally understand Lisa being hurt by it.) Fan of her or not, she is very calculating. Maybe it’s because she’s a business woman. 

I don’t think Kyle is stupid for being suspicious of Lisa. I do wish she had been kinder and given her the benefit of the doubt. I don’t think honesty is always the best policy, but I know that’s how some people roll. 

As for the “Goodbye Kyle,” I can see why some people are turned off by her making jokes about it. For us viewers this is all fresh, but some time has passed for her. My friends and I were all hurt by someone who was a mutual friend of ours. After some time had passed, we’d all joke about what happened. It didn’t mean we didn’t deeply care about our friend at one point, we are just the type who see the funny side of things. It can actually help some of us feel better to make light of a situation. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

However, Kyle does seem to be a good judge of character. I know Lisa is considered to be the smart one, but I think Kyle is better at reading people. She was proven right when she said Kim isn’t the little wallflower she appeared to be season 1. While Kim is her sister, she’s been right about everyone else too. She correctly guessed that Cedric was phony. She immediately saw that Brandi was trouble.

But then how do we explain her long friendship with TMC Faye Resnick? 

P.S.- I never much liked Kim and Kyle was right about both Cedric and Brandi (although I thought the way Kyle and Kim treated Brandi her first season was horribly mean), but her friendship with Faye definitely reveals some impaired judgement (or inner darkness/toxicity).

• Love 18
(edited)
12 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

But then how do we explain her long friendship with TMC Faye Resnick? 

P.S.- I never much liked Kim and Kyle was right about both Cedric and Brandi (although I thought the way Kyle and Kim treated Brandi her first season was horribly mean), but her friendship with Faye definitely reveals some impaired judgement (or inner darkness/toxicity).

I admit I’m not sure about her friendship with Faye either. Kyle may see her flaws but love her anyway. I never read Faye’s book, but I agree with the general consensus just from quotes that it sounds exploitive, hurtful to many people, and not something a friend would write. 

I think Kyle’s made it clear she doesn’t expect perfection from friends. She just doesn’t want people who are toxic for her to be around or users, people like Brandi and Cedric. If Faye has shown her a lot of kindness, I can understand their friendship.

I have friends who’ve done things I completely disapprove of (driving drunk, affair with a married man, cheating on husband). I’m not saying this is the same as what Faye did. But if they are friends who I see a lot of good in, are kind to me, and don’t keep repeating the behavior, I keep them as friends. No one’s perfect. I’ve known some really beautiful people who have had some ugly mess-ups. My guess is Faye is someone who’s capable of being bitch, but at the same time she’s been a kind and caring friend to Kyle. 

I actually liked Brandi her first season and didn’t like Kim or Kyle at all then. For the majority of the seasons though, Kyle seems like one of the more nice and normal housewives. She seems much easier to get along with than Brandi, Kim, Carlton, Adrienne, Yolanda, Taylor, Camille, etc. 

She definitely rubbed me the wrong way with the limo scene season 1, Game Night season 2, and most recently her treatment of LVP this season. I don’t think she’s perfect, but I honestly do think she’s got a good heart. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Vyle is a nasty piece of shit mean girl who gets off when others fire salvos at another woman and she can sit back and pretend she's shocked, except that she usually breaks out that shit eating smirk and you know she's loving every shit stirring moment when she can hand the shit stirrer to someone else and just sit back and enjoy it all. What a piece of shit garbage person does that? Vyle Kyle, that's who.

And I'm sick and tired of her whining on about Oh Poor Me, someone stole ALLLLL my good jewelry and handbags, whahhhhh. Well bitch, if you didn't flaunt your material possessions on TV, acting like you're better than everyone else, then maybe nobody would have known what you had and you wouldn't have gotten robbed. You stupid moron. I have zero sympathy or empathy for this waste of carbon.

• Love 20

I am not going to feel bad for the woman that was reported to her job for calling her Vile Kyle.

People do this all the time now.  Watch yourself.

It is 2019 and whatever you put out there on people’s real accounts like Twitter, FB and IG.......you better be responsible for the content.  Especially, if you do it with your accounts that have personal information.

There have been real social media wars that have gone legal.  Such as that LeAnn Rimes Twitter war ....was it with the teacher with the 4 kids..??? Then she started claiming that LeAnne going after her legally was unfair because she was poor......LeAnn etc. 

You don’t have to go to the celebs personal accounts to attack them.

You  are always free to comment on these boards and express any kind of OPINION about the show and episodes we all like to watch together. 

As snarky as we get around here (me....included) I have never seen posters personally attacking a celeb. Most of the snarky things we post are about how they behaved in the episodes...etc.

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 7

I’m not even team anyone cause this is all boring me right now but the GoodbyeKyle thing is just not funny to me. What makes it even more unfunny is how they all crack up so hard when someone does it. Like really? It’s so lame. Saw something on Kyles Instagram too of some guy wearing a GoodbyeKyle fanny pack at Coachella..my eyes almost rolled out of my head lol.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Marley said:

I’m not even team anyone cause this is all boring me right now but the GoodbyeKyle thing is just not funny to me. What makes it even more unfunny is how they all crack up so hard when someone does it. Like really? It’s so lame. Saw something on Kyles Instagram too of some guy wearing a GoodbyeKyle fanny pack at Coachella..my eyes almost rolled out of my head lol.

What I find the weirdest: Kyle is 50. She has 2 daughters done with university, 1 in college and 1 hovering on adolescence at home. One would think a woman of a half-century’s worth of life experience who seems to value education (unless that’s all Mauricio’s doing?) would realize acting like a teen twunt simply isn’t becoming — that riding around in a limo shrieking ‘‘Goodbyyyyye Kyle” and then falling about with hysterical booze-infused laughter makes her look incredibly dumb and pathetic. Even Faye Resnick (who I’ve never found remotely palatable) seemed a bit disinterested during the IG vid — like she was playing along but was thinking, “Yes, ok, whatever.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
56 minutes ago, SCS said:

What I find the weirdest: Kyle is 50. She has 2 daughters done with university, 1 in college and 1 hovering on adolescence at home. One would think a woman of a half-century’s worth of life experience who seems to value education (unless that’s all Mauricio’s doing?) would realize acting like a teen twunt simply isn’t becoming — that riding around in a limo shrieking ‘‘Goodbyyyyye Kyle” and then falling about with hysterical booze-infused laughter makes her look incredibly dumb and pathetic. Even Faye Resnick (who I’ve never found remotely palatable) seemed a bit disinterested during the IG vid — like she was playing along but was thinking, “Yes, ok, whatever.”

What is really interesting is that Kyle (along with Dorit, Erika, LisaR, Teddi ) thought that viewers would be taking their side against LVP, and then when they started to tweet they found out otherwise. 

One word, Kyle: Backfired! LOL!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 3
  • Love 18
On 3/15/2019 at 3:46 PM, smores said:

It's complicated, the house had been seized by the US government and the profits from the sale were to benefit the people of Equatorial Guinea.  Mauricio and his company were hired to sell the house in 2015.  He sold it to someone also named Mauricio for $32.5 million, who he/his company also represented, which means they got the entire 6% commission.  On top of that, Mauricio U turned out to be an investor with the other Mauricio in the purchase of the property, which means he negotiated the sale of it to himself.  A year later, the property was sold for $69.9 million.  

Now, in addition to the info above, the people suing are saying that there were other, higher offers that Mauricio U withheld, in order to let the other Mauricio get the property.  (You are required to present ALL offers)  They are also saying that Mauricio U pressured them to waive a required $1M deposit, which let him tie up the property without any consideration, and they pressured him to extend the escrow repeatedly, while he searched for financing and investors, along with getting a repair credit of $1M, while telling them that the market was softening so no other buyer could be found.  And, supposedly Mauricio U had told the buyers that the buyer Mauricio was an "all cash offer" which clearly wasn't the case if they had to wait for financing.  

Last year the sellers sued the Agency's insurance company for $8M (I think that was the amount of a higher offer that wasn't presented), and the insurance company, Western World, refused to pay out and sued Mauricio instead.  Mauricio filed a counterclaim.  That was settled out of court, but now the seller is coming after Mauricio and the Agency directly.  

None of this looks good at all for him.

This would have made a MUCH better story than what we currently have.   Kyle and Erika and Dorit are very lucky LVP hasn't talked about their lawsuits onscreen.  Maybe they all needed to get ahead of their own personal stories and decided LVP was the scapegoat.  The Dorit Bahama drama was gold.  You could almost hear the Benny Hill music in the background as that woman chased she and Rinna around the pool.  YOOHOO, LVP!  Really good reunion fodder right here!

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

I really do hope that Lisa comes armed with receipts.  If she could get security video of the "reality star" dropping off the dog at the shelter instead of the "lovely home," that would be best of all.  But an iPad with video of Dorit being chased around the pool for the money she owes would be great, too.  And everybody has access to that one.  Pretty much everything she needs to go out with a bang instead of a whimper is in the public domain.  I'll be very disappointed if she doesn't use it.  Nothing wrong with getting your hands dirty.  They're washable.

• Love 10
On 4/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, gingerella said:

And I'm sick and tired of her whining on about Oh Poor Me, someone stole ALLLLL my good jewelry and handbags, whahhhhh. Well bitch, if you didn't flaunt your material possessions on TV, acting like you're better than everyone else, then maybe nobody would have known what you had and you wouldn't have gotten robbed. You stupid moron. I have zero sympathy or empathy for this waste of carbon.

The other thing is that she never really seems to acknowledge that she's extremely privileged to be able to replace everything.  Yes, of course she lost items that had huge sentimental value, and I know that would devastate me.  I have a family ring that I wear and I do not wear it when I travel solely because if I lost it (and I have friends who have lost their wedding rings while swimming in the ocean), it can't be replaced.  So, I get that.  But, for Kyle to drop whatever she did on the rolex in the Bahamas? She doesn't have to think twice about it.  She doesn't have to consider whether or not she's going to cut back on their vacation this year or replace a handbag from Chanel.  She's simply buying what she likes, when she likes and rebuilding, which is a position not many other people would be in.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:00 AM, Dance4Life said:

I am not going to feel bad for the woman that was reported to her job for calling her Vile Kyle.

People do this all the time now.  Watch yourself.

It is 2019 and whatever you put out there on people’s real accounts like Twitter, FB and IG.......you better be responsible for the content.  Especially, if you do it with your accounts that have personal information.

There have been real social media wars that have gone legal.  Such as that LeAnn Rimes Twitter war ....was it with the teacher with the 4 kids..??? Then she started claiming that LeAnne going after her legally was unfair because she was poor......LeAnn etc. 

You don’t have to go to the celebs personal accounts to attack them.

You  are always free to comment on these boards and express any kind of OPINION about the show and episodes we all like to watch together. 

As snarky as we get around here (me....included) I have never seen posters personally attacking a celeb. Most of the snarky things we post are about how they behaved in the episodes...etc.

To a great extent though, can't this also be said about LVP when it comes to Kyle, Teddi and Dorit?  They've all determined that she leaked the article, and they are trashing her on tv.  Dorit actually DID cause the puppy to be sent to a shelter (whether she dropped it off or found another reality star to do it).  So these women need to own the content they are putting out there, and it seems they're not.

On 4/16/2019 at 4:55 PM, Natalie68 said:

This would have made a MUCH better story than what we currently have.   Kyle and Erika and Dorit are very lucky LVP hasn't talked about their lawsuits onscreen.  Maybe they all needed to get ahead of their own personal stories and decided LVP was the scapegoat.  The Dorit Bahama drama was gold.  You could almost hear the Benny Hill music in the background as that woman chased she and Rinna around the pool.  YOOHOO, LVP!  Really good reunion fodder right here!

This is a really plausible argument, because this was going down over the summer and early fall and Mauricio's lawsuit was settled in October of last year.  Kyle would have been desperate to keep this off the show, and it totally makes sense that she would do something like this.  

Tom wasn't sued until January, so Erika's involvement is kind of weird.

Dorit, of course has a ton of issues, and she'd be spinning like crazy to keep them off camera.  Having multiple fights in the Bahamas about the dog situation would absolutely make the likelihood of the pool scene to be not shown, as it wouldn't fit with anything else filmed.  But, she'd need the others to go along with it, since Kyle had to film the scenes with LVP, and Teddi with Erika and then of course, Teddi and LVP.  

Which brings me to, what did Teddi have going on that she wanted to get involved with this? Or is she really just that much of an asshole that she'd do it to be on the show?

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, smores said:

Which brings me to, what did Teddi have going on that she wanted to get involved with this? Or is she really just that much of an asshole that she'd do it to be on the show?

I wonder too...Teddi was featured on VPR begging for a job for her brother Hud. I don’t recall how that worked out. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

I wonder too...Teddi was featured on VPR begging for a job for her brother Hud. I don’t recall how that worked out. 

Of course LVP gave him one.  He worked at Tom Tom for a while until he supposedly got a day job and couldn't handle both a day and night job.  Curiously, though, at the same time, Teddi's business was exploding and she was having to hire all of these people, so you'd think SHE could have hired him, right? Or, maybe it wouldn't be as good because she didn't have her own tv show, so if he worked for LVP, A) she didn't have to pay him and B) he could be on tv?

• Love 13
On 4/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, Happy Camper said:

What is really interesting is that Kyle (along with Dorit, Erika, LisaR, Teddi ) thought that viewers would be taking their side against LVP, and then when they started to tweet they found out otherwise. 

They forgot the cardinal rule of Real Housewives.

With very few exceptions, viewers really don't like gang-ups. Especially 5 against 1.

The one being ganged-up on tends to garner sympathy.

Kyle should be well aware of this. She's been in the game too long to be so ignorant. I wonder if she's regretting things now? If she had put up even the thinnest veneer of being a supportive friend to Lisa and not led the harpy charge, she would have come out of this smelling like a rose. Instead, she smells like fertilizer.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:26 AM, smores said:

Of course LVP gave him one.  He worked at Tom Tom for a while until he supposedly got a day job and couldn't handle both a day and night job.  Curiously, though, at the same time, Teddi's business was exploding and she was having to hire all of these people, so you'd think SHE could have hired him, right? Or, maybe it wouldn't be as good because she didn't have her own tv show, so if he worked for LVP, A) she didn't have to pay him and B) he could be on tv?

Teddi was absolutely angling to get him on VPR. She is #alwaysslangin, per her own words.

Does anyone else think that Kyle would have traded her relationship with her sisters for another season of American Woman? I am confused as to whether she views speaking to them again as a silver lining or a consolation prize to the cancellation.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, Happy Camper said:

They forgot the cardinal rule of Real Housewives.

With very few exceptions, viewers really don't like gang-ups. Especially 5 against 1.

The one being ganged-up on tends to garner sympathy.

Kyle should be well aware of this. She's been in the game too long to be so ignorant. I wonder if she's regretting things now? If she had put up even the thinnest veneer of being a supportive friend to Lisa and not led the harpy charge, she would have come out of this smelling like a rose. Instead, she smells like fertilizer.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:26 AM, smores said:

Teddi was absolutely angling to get him on VPR. She is #alwaysslangin, per her own words.

Does anyone else think that Kyle would have traded her relationship with her sisters for another season of American Woman? I am confused as to whether she views speaking to them again as a silver lining or a consolation prize to the cancellation.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm with Jel.  Everything she just said. 

She had Teddi's number last season and was one of the few who wasn't sold on her.

You are a sweetie to say so, Dosodog, thank you 🙂  But last year I also thought Dorit was merely a self-absorbed, but well meaning nit wit, and I would never have pegged her as one to milk a situation for sympathy and acceptance with the other shrews at Lisa's expense. You know Lisa, the longtime friend who stuck up for her season after season, and who actually got her the job in the first place? 

But that will not stop me from printing your post, enlarging it, highlighting it, making several hundred copies and then distributing them to each cabin on our imaginary PTV/Primetimer cruise. 😉

(Although I'm sure I'm right about Kyle! She does have paranoia -- her rockstar fantasy sequence about someone trying to get her while she's on stage, I mean wtf? backs me up)

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, politichick said:

Does Kyle ever do anything with Porsha that will actually enrich the child's mind? I thought that scene at the makeup place was ridiculous and Teddi's daughter seemed very uncomfortable.

I totally agree. Kids these days are exposed to so much and are not always allowed to be kids. Kids don’t need a makeup line. 

At least Kyle’s other daughters did go to/are going to college, so maybe there’s hope for Portia, but that doesn’t seem to be where Kyle’s head is at with Portia.

She wants to be a YouTube star - WTF. 

Not a fan of Teddi but at least she and her daughter were uncomfortable with her daughter wearing makeup and she was clear to point out to her daughter that this was a special occasion.

Kyle has had some personal unmet career aspirations including being a lawyer and being a stripper. 

• Love 9

Kyle liked this tweet. I find that interesting. Was it, as one commenter put it, accidental, a "Freudian like"? Or is her cognitive dissonance starting to relent, and she is starting to see that she may have read the situation wrong? Or has she finally realized that the LVP stuff is not resonating with viewers, and so she's playing politics now? 

(My c and p skills appear to suck, so for full context this is from Twitter account @BravoPsychology)

image.thumb.png.af32247785ebbf57e53fbd4b1885f1ec.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Portia would do well to become a make up artist or a hair stylist. That is good honest work.

That is a lot better than going to work for her father as a real estate swindler who gets sued by bitter and vengeful clients.

Get away Portia. Get far away.

Otherwise they are going to steal your Goddam house!

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I am absolutely not a Kyle fan, but I can understand her daughter wanting to be a Youtube star. My grandkids do not watch any TV at all. None. Nor do their friends. They are 7 and 9 and watch Youtube in the same way that I used to watch Saturday morning cartoons, the Partridge Family and the Brady Bunch.

They know and follow all of the Youtube stars just like I followed Donny Osmond and David Cassidy.  

It's just the way the world is going and Portia lives in that world.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Kyle is working hard at rewriting history and damage control  https://www.eonline.com/shows/daily_pop/videos/287679/kyle-richards-tells-why-puppygate-ended-friendship-with-lisa  She never thought she'd have the backlash she has had since the GoodByeKyle episode.

Kyle described exactly what happened - and she’s right that LVP would have been pissed if she didn’t tell her about the conversation the women had about leaking the story.

I cannot believe I'm saying this but...After seeing how vile Kyle can really be, and how manipulative, I can sort of see why Kim is so fucked up. Imagine having mental health/substance abuse issues and having someone like Kyle as your sibling? Just, no.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I cannot believe I'm saying this but...After seeing how vile Kyle can really be, and how manipulative, I can sort of see why Kim is so fucked up. Imagine having mental health/substance abuse issues and having someone like Kyle as your sibling? Just, no.

She is a mind effer for sure. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

If she hadn't made the joke about Dorit being allergic to dogs in front of the ever thirsty Rinna, this all could have been avoided. She's been just as eager, if not more so, to take down LVP. imo. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Why do these women think they can "agree to disagree" with Lisa about whether or not Lisa is a scheming hurtful liar?

It's so dumb I sometimes wonder if they are trolling us. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, gingerella said:

Having watched every season of this show, I can safely say that I've spotted the behaviours in Kyle since season 1. When it comes to vindictiveness, she's not that much different than LVP.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Having watched every season of this show, I can safely say that I've spotted the behaviours in Kyle since season 1. When it comes to vindictiveness, she's not that much different than LVP.

I have to say that I really don't see Lisa as vindictive. Punitive, sure, but vindictive? Not really. I think Kyle is though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Jel said:

I have to say that I really don't see Lisa as vindictive. Punitive, sure, but vindictive? Not really. I think Kyle is though.

Okay, I can agree that based on facts, punitive may be the more appropriate word. I used the term vindictive with an open mind that a lack of evidence with respect to the various accusations lobbed at LVP doesn't mean that the accusations aren't true. If the accusations about the Mauricio tabloids and encouraging Rinna to talk about the Manchausen rumour she heard on screen are true, those are two examples that I would certainly call out as vindictive if it's true.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Okay, I can agree that based on facts, punitive may be the more appropriate word. I used the term vindictive with an open mind that a lack of evidence with respect to the various accusations lobbed at LVP doesn't mean that the accusations aren't true. If the accusations about the Mauricio tabloids and encouraging Rinna to talk about the Manchausen rumour she heard on screen are true, those are two examples that I would certainly call out as vindictive if it's true.

I guess there's a fine line between vindictive and punitive, but I just don't see the revenge-seeking aspect in Lisa, so for me, it's more punitive. And her punishment is generally delivered in jokes, jabs, confrontations, demotions, cut-offs, etc. (Maybe even firings, who knows)

I have a terrible memory for these shows, so I hope someone with a better one will jump in and offer more, or correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Kyle-tabloids stories turned out to be false (Brandi later admitted she made it up?). But just like the first "shady-LVP" story, where Lisa was accused of giving a story about Adrienne to the tabs and it turned out it was actually Adrienne's chef, the accusations stick, and Lisa gets forever branded as "shady and manipulative". Or more accurately, these types of (untrue) things are included in the overall general negative opinion of Lisa. She sells stories to the tabloids to make her cast members look bad, dontcha know. (I block most things Rinna from my conscious mind, so I do not know any details about that story.)

I think Kyle has been vindictive though, and I think while we may have only suspected that in the past, for me, it's on display and can't be unseen this season. Dorit's "No, it was about your issues with Lisa" was subtle yet telling. Kyle often says that Lisa wants her to back her at all costs -- but I think it's actually Kyle who wants Lisa to do that, and to always choose Kyle over all the others, so Kyle can be the special one.  Her objections to Lisa's "siding with Dorit, taking her side, choosing her, treating her better" belie a not super normal attitude towards friendship. I think at some deep level this causes Kyle to act out and seek revenge. I don't think Kyle is an awful person, I just think she has "issues" that are triggered by Lisa.

• Love 11
(edited)

I just want to add that Kyle knows that it was Bernie, not Lisa, who sold the stories. We all know that. So when Kyle says/impies/doesn't correct the "lisa has been accused of selling stories to the press before", she's omitting the truth that Lisa has been falsely accused of selling stories to the tabloids before. Why? Because she wants people to view Lisa a certain way? That's manipulation. Or that's convenient, as Teddi likes to put it.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 18
10 minutes ago, Jel said:

I guess there's a fine line between vindictive and punitive, but I just don't see the revenge-seeking aspect in Lisa, so for me, it's more punitive. And her punishment is generally delivered in jokes, jabs, confrontations, demotions, cut-offs, etc. (Maybe even firings, who knows)

I have a terrible memory for these shows, so I hope someone with a better one will jump in and offer more, or correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Kyle-tabloids stories turned out to be false (Brandi later admitted she made it up?). But just like the first "shady-LVP" story, where Lisa was accused of giving a story about Adrienne to the tabs and it turned out it was actually Adrienne's chef, the accusations stick, and Lisa gets forever branded as "shady and manipulative". Or more accurately, these types of (untrue) things are included in the overall general negative opinion of Lisa. She sells stories to the tabloids to make her cast members look bad, dontcha know. (I block most things Rinna from my conscious mind, so I do not know any details about that story.)

I think Kyle has been vindictive though, and I think while we may have only suspected that in the past, for me, it's on display and can't be unseen this season. Dorit's "No, it was about your issues with Lisa" was subtle yet telling. Kyle often says that Lisa wants her to back her at all costs -- but I think it's actually Kyle who wants Lisa to do that, and to always choose Kyle over all the others, so Kyle can be the special one.  Her objections to Lisa's "siding with Dorit, taking her side, choosing her, treating her better" belie a not super normal attitude towards friendship. I think at some deep level this causes Kyle to act out and seek revenge. I don't think Kyle is an awful person, I just think she has "issues" that are triggered by Lisa.

I didn't even know that about Adrienne's chef, lol. I thought the accusation about selling stories about Adrienne was quashed because the tabloid came out and confirmed that LVP wasn't their source. I didn't realize that the issue may have been 'sorted' through other means like the actual culprit may have been discovered. I can't say I know much about this so I would I have to google it to comment further.

I agree about Kyle not being a horrible person...no more horrible that the large majority of women that end up on the RH franchise. She has her good qualities as well and I do agree that there is insecurity when it comes to her relationship with LVP that triggers her...same with her relationship with Kim. I've said for a long time now that her relationship with both women is unhealthy because it never stays in a positive space for long periods of time.

• Love 2

When did Brandi say she lied about the tabloids? I heard her stick to the same story years later. This has been said repeatedly on this forum (Brandi copping to making it up), but I’ve never read it anywhere else. I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. To me Lisa seemed a little too comfortable discussing and joking about the Mauricio affair rumors for me to  put it past her, but I don’t exactly consider Brandi the best source. Maybe Lisa made a little joke and Brandi ran with that for a storyline? All I know Lisa immediately bouncing like that and not even talking to production looked guilty. That was one instance I thought she got way too dramatic. My guess is she made some minor comment, but it wouldn’t suit her perfect image so she freaked out. 

Camille said season 2 reunion that she also heard Lisa sells stories. Now I don’t think Lisa has ever sold a story, and season 2 reunion I remember for the first time really feeling sorry for Lisa. I thought Adrienne Maloof was jealous of her, and I don’t throw that word around. She was upset with Lisa over petty crap-not having Pandora’s bachelorette at the Palms, Lisa supposedly complaining about Bernie’s food, just nonsense. If Kyle heard Bernie sold stories, she may think both Lisa and Bernie sell stories. 

And no, there’s never been any proof at all of Lisa selling stories. Someone cleared up she never did years ago when she was being accused, and apparently some other housewife leaked the story about Dorit and Lucy. 

• Love 3