Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: My Fair Ladies of London

I had high hopes for this show but I was seriously underwhelmed by the first episode. I didn't like any of the women. The brits have a serious stick up their rears, what with the yammering about Americans never being truly accepted. Caroline sure does think her carp doesn't stink.And the other one, when they showed her modeling pictures, it was seriously scary.  I laughed at her putting down clothing that the  Americans wore to the polo match. Who wears a dress?asks  Caroline. Um, you did! WTF? And the Americans all married their way in, except for the loud one from Chicago, who I guess is cast in the wannabe role. Caprice looks like she has had so much surgery and injections that her face does not move. I was snickering a the ones who went for tea, it was pretty clear they were totally out of their element, I was looking at the background to spot the other customers and it was a bunch of older men and women. Are we seriously supposed to believe that this crew with their high heels and mini dresses frequents places like this? And the one with the sugar daddy in prison was nothing more than a gold digger. Lovely. 

I'm giving this show one more week. If it's more of the same, I'm out. 

And I didn't think it was possible for Caprice to look more plastic. Well, I was wrong, damn! She looks awful.

I don't give two shits about British royalty. People going apeshit when Catherine was pregnant? Please, get a life.

Annabelle rides a real horse like she is still hiding Kate Moss' stash up her ass.  i wonder if the whole horses element is something she is affecting for the show?  Only thing more hiliarious about Annabelle not being comfortable in her skin was the clip of her stumbling down the runway solo at the charity show.  Her version of blue steel is certainly unique. 

Caroline, even if playing a role, is so lacking in self awareness it  makes for slightly amusing watching.  Trying to adopt a world weary langour at the polo match?   You have a camera crew capturing your every move.  You are not above it all when everyone around you is watchign you lift your knickers and sell it like the last tart walking Camden when the pubs close.

Noelle.  Your co-star might be a shrill attention whore but I doubt she is jealous of the fact you are a billionaire swindler's tart propped up sto show a stable relationship for the tabloids as she struggles to keep the wife and the taxman at bay.  and letting your face be used as a croquet wicket is not the way to go about staying "fresh".

Marisa.  I know London digs through personal experience.  I'm going to drop the humble part and just revel in my extreme luck in working for a company that owns really great places to rest my head when I am there.  I was kind of surprised how humble (for the setting of the show) her place is.  It's not cheap by any means.  It was nice. But it was smaller than I thought someone would try to front for the show.  I also get the location probably adds more than enough to the bill.  But I wonder if this show is a real financial boost for her.  Heck for all of them. 

In fact I'm wondering without the show's check just how many can pay the bills?  Annabelle, Caprice and Noelle I'm betting might live a life of paying last months bills only when the next month's notice due arrives.   Sure, it is a "nicer" more indulgent life than the average joe, but even Marisa and the Stanbury cow seem like the show money might be making a huge difference in making ends meet. 

I'm already weary of the whole Brit versus Yank bit.  But it will be even more tiring if they force the Americans to do almost gratingly trite things like the tea at Fortnum & Mason.  I get that the show depends on the grace and willingness of sites to let them film.  But the age of these women (even with the whiff of chemicals Caprice Stanbury and Noelle have to constantly give off) should mean more places, no matter how trendy, like the Modern Pantry or Gallery Mess would be nice.  I want to see what the locals and the transplanted locals who have the cachet (by which I mean the camera crew and production money) to get into with greater ease than someone like me forced to do London on a week by week basis that includes family obligations that are duller than a conversation with Annabelle and Stanbury.

• Love 1

I'm curious. Did any of these ladies know each other before the show? If not, maybe that's why they seem to have such a divide of Brits vs Americans. I dunno how reality shows work in that regard.. Anyone able to shed some light on it?

I wonder how Lisa V. from BH and Cat from DC would fit into this group? Lisa's older than these women so I doubt she'd give a shit but I'd love to hear her take on the Brits and Caprice.

I don't think Lisa would fit in because she'd be calling all of them on their BS. Lisa doesn't care about fitting in or what others think. She's as brash as they claim us Yanks are with a British accent. 

Yeah, I'm not sure why the American women want to break into English society.  The nice thing about being an American is we don't have to give a fuck if we're accepted anywhere.  We're American!  (I say this with a tongue-in-cheek yet slightly honest undertone)

Cue Team America: World Police's "America: Fuck yea!"

• LOL 1

Everything I've heard (though it isn't much) about Lisa Vanderpump in London suggests one reason they moved was she desperately tried to be socially mobile in the upward direction and nobody was interested.  Not having Caprice's balls or pretended youth, she is rumored to have gone in the other direction in regards to the tabloids.  Earning the nickname Tits Tattler.  Rumored to have one finger on the VIP list at her clubs and the other on whatever favored tabloid's speed dial. 

Lisa has proven herself not just to be an eager and willing fame whore but willing to pimp out others (no matter how willing and eager themselves).  I suspect if she had been offered such a show before she garnered RHOBH status she now has, she would have been on a plane and pushed Caprice aside in front of the palace if she had to. 

I do think Lisa dissembles in such an arena to her advantage.  So she'd seethe on the inside.  Because for the most part whatever the show did not mandate, she'd be left sitting at home while the others were out attending even as fringe as they all are.  And Lisa Vanderpump is all about getting her foot in the door and keeping it there.  Her butt hurt routines have proven just how much she feels about the likes of the Richards sisters and Brandi Freakin' Glanville.  Up against the culturally engrained social strata she was raised in?  She'd wet her depends if she had to go up against Annabelle and Caroline and I find both of those women to be almost cripplingly stupid. 

and in my opinion Lisa is not so much "brash" as she is "shocking" as that is what she sees as being the attention getting ploy that works best in the RH setting.  Hence the whole fake Cedric bit when the producers turned her away the first time she came to them hat in hand.

I would love to see a cage match with Vanderpump and the one from the DC franchise against Caroline and Noelle let's say.  Four women enter.  None come out.

• Love 1

I give up, I cannot keep these women straight. The blondes all look alike and the brunettes all look alike. Though I do know that that chick who claims to be the designer's muse has a stick up her ass and the other brunette has to be one of the most annoying humans I ever saw. 

Eh it's summer and we don't have "The Real Trainwrecks of Long Island" to watch so, yea I'll watch and continue being confused.

• Love 2

I hope this entire series is not going to be 'we Brits are so much better than those loud, low-class Americans'. And I'm sorry but the 'I'm true royalty' gal is a snob and not nearly as attractive as she thinks she is.  She should thank her lucky stars she was born into the 'right' family in a country where snobbery is considered an asset. 

For the first time I feel sorry for the residents of Atlanta, Orange County, Miami and all places the RH have been located.

As a Brit born and raised and living here for all of my 60+ years I have never met such a load of tosh in my life. It bears absolutely no resemblance to anyone or set of people I know.

Believe me we Brits are not a bunch of snobby, look down your noses and snobbery is most certainly NOT an asset. I realise I'm just an ordinary "pleb" but I like our pomp and ceremony when it's carried out by the Queen. The rest of the "aristocracy" are, IMO desperately trying to cling on to attitudes that disappeared 40 years ago.

Please, please don't judge us on this bunch of idiots. Most of us are tolerant, live and let live types. I have never met an American I didn't like and, living near an American base for years I have American friends from all over The States. ( Reality TV tends to choose the larger than life characters and I cannot stomach some of them the Hantz clan and Luanne with her self importance of being a Countess! She has as much class as me) and yes, culturally we are different in lots of ways, but this is in no way representative of most of us.

I don't know whether I'll stick with this as I find their attitudes shallow, vacuous and downright obnoxious. But that's the nature of the RT beast isn't it.

I'm proud to be British. I'm not proud that these morons are giving the impression that all of us have their warped values.

• Love 6

For the first time I feel sorry for the residents of Atlanta, Orange County, Miami and all places the RH have been located.

As a Brit born and raised and living here for all of my 60+ years I have never met such a load of tosh in my life. It bears absolutely no resemblance to anyone or set of people I know.

Believe me we Brits are not a bunch of snobby, look down your noses and snobbery is most certainly NOT an asset. I realise I'm just an ordinary "pleb" but I like our pomp and ceremony when it's carried out by the Queen. The rest of the "aristocracy" are, IMO desperately trying to cling on to attitudes that disappeared 40 years ago.

Please, please don't judge us on this bunch of idiots. Most of us are tolerant, live and let live types. I have never met an American I didn't like and, living near an American base for years I have American friends from all over The States. ( Reality TV tends to choose the larger than life characters and I cannot stomach some of them the Hantz clan and Luanne with her self importance of being a Countess! She has as much class as me) and yes, culturally we are different in lots of ways, but this is in no way representative of most of us.

I don't know whether I'll stick with this as I find their attitudes shallow, vacuous and downright obnoxious. But that's the nature of the RT beast isn't it.

I'm proud to be British. I'm not proud that these morons are giving the impression that all of us have their warped values.

No worries! I just assume that these shows are about D list society wanna-bes no matter where there are. Honestly why would anyone who doesn't need the money or the publicity subject themselves to Bravo's circus. I mean, I thank them all from the bottom of my heart, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. And Caroline seems like the delusional girl who knows a few vaguely important people and thinks she's Princess Di. She's not fooling any of us Yanks.

• Love 3

:) Thanks. I hope everyone thinks like you.

ps, I've not chosen my profile pic complete with hat to look posh. It's just that I've recently become disabled and have to be in a wheelchair. I got my wonderful hat for a steal on EBay (less than £10) and it's a standing joke among my friends that I'm trying to compete with the toffs!! It was a friends wedding and the first social event I'd been to in 6 months. Not an attempt to compete with the likes of the so called "upper class"

Sorry, completely off topic.

• Love 5