Type keyword(s) to search

Loathesome!: Characters We Hate

• Start Topic

Just now, Pindrop said:

Yes, his apparent character arc seems to have been driven entirely by self-pity since losing his hand. I don't really see that as a noble motive, quite the opposite. 

But since you have not watched beyond season 4, you should probably be warned that consistent characterisation does not really exist beyond that time, particularly in the most recent season when half the characters are entirely unrecognisable from one scene to the next. 

I believe it.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:24 PM, biakbiak said:

Neegan made me quit the show. I hate him so much I told a friend who still watched that if he was ever shot in the head to call me. It’s not his actions, it’s his stupid, boring, long winded speeches!

When they got to the baseball bat murder, I turned to my husband and said 'Do you still enjoy watching this? I don't?'. He said 'I'm not enjoying this either.' and turned the episode off, deleted the series season pass, and we haven't watched a minute of the show since. 

• Love 4

I stopped watching long before Neegan arrived, and the reason... Rick Grimes. What began as a compelling and well-portrayed character became a tedious, circular, sub-soap opera lurch from one existential crisis to the next. Actually the decline of Rick’s character is largely representative of the show as a whole.

Edited by Pindrop
  • Love 6
On 9/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, andromeda331 said:

I can't believe I forgot about Cora Beth! She was horrible. I disliked John Boy he always seemed like he thought he was better then everyone else. They also kept treating him like he was suppose to be so smart but he never really came off any smarter then the rest of his siblings.

She was brought in to be the show's laughingstock strawman villain and while I think she had her moments, I have to say she didn't quite have the same oomph as Little House's Harriet Oleson who went full throttle and pulled no punches in her whackiness!

As for Frank Burns, it's sad that I can only think of two times in the entire show he was remotely sympathetic. Once early on when he asked Trapper why Trapper had been friendly to him when they'd first met but eagerly joined Hawkeye in battling him -and the second one when Margaret got married then left for her honeymoon and when he was all by himself he simply said 'Goodbye, Margaret'- the ONLY time he actually sounded sincere in the entire five seasons he was on. So, yes, I agree that Winchester was a FAR better foil for Hawkeye in that he wasn't just one-joke speedbump but someone who one could sympathize with even when he was being less than fair or kind.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

and the second one when Margaret got married then left for her honeymoon and when he was all by himself he simply said 'Goodbye, Margaret'-

That scene, and the way Larry Linville delivered the line, always breaks my heart just a little bit, despite what a jerk Frank was in general.

• Love 10

That part and everything from the moment Margaret announces her engagement. I hate Frank but I always thought that was so cold. He didn't know when she got back their entire relationship would be over. Yet she acts surprised and angry that Frank's not jumping up and down with excitement over her engagement. Really Margaret? You expect the man you've been sleeping with for years to be happy for you?  

• Love 6
On 9/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, Blergh said:

She was brought in to be the show's laughingstock strawman villain and while I think she had her moments, I have to say she didn't quite have the same oomph as Little House's Harriet Oleson who went full throttle and pulled no punches in her whackiness!

As for Frank Burns, it's sad that I can only think of two times in the entire show he was remotely sympathetic. Once early on when he asked Trapper why Trapper had been friendly to him when they'd first met but eagerly joined Hawkeye in battling him -and the second one when Margaret got married then left for her honeymoon and when he was all by himself he simply said 'Goodbye, Margaret'- the ONLY time he actually sounded sincere in the entire five seasons he was on. So, yes, I agree that Winchester was a FAR better foil for Hawkeye in that he wasn't just one-joke speedbump but someone who one could sympathize with even when he was being less than fair or kind.

There was one other time when he was sympathetic: when he was sick with hemorrhagic fever and moaned, “My father used to yell at me when I was sick...he used to yell at me when I was well.” There’s a suggestion that Frank was an abused child.

• Love 5

Ken Levine, who showran M*A*S*H for a few years with his partner David Isaacs and wrote for the show before that, is on record as saying the show made a mistake by writing Frank Burns as such a one-note character. Larry Linville certainly hated it, but by the time they all realized it the character had become so broad there was no realistic way to haul him back. When LL left and they brought on someome new, everyone was determined not to make the same mistake - they wanted Winchester to be more complex, an antagonist of Hawkeye and BJ without being a bad person or an enemy. Of course, David Ogden Steirs elevated everything they conceived of into the stratosphere.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

Ken Levine, who showran M*A*S*H for a few years with his partner David Isaacs and wrote for the show before that, is on record as saying the show made a mistake by writing Frank Burns as such a one-note character. Larry Linville certainly hated it, but by the time they all realized it the character had become so broad there was no realistic way to haul him back. When LL left and they brought on someome new, everyone was determined not to make the same mistake - they wanted Winchester to be more complex, an antagonist of Hawkeye and BJ without being a bad person or an enemy. Of course, David Ogden Steirs elevated everything they conceived of into the stratosphere.

Frank definitely was two-dimentions.  But, if LL hated it, you definitely couldn't tell that from his performance.  He did a wonderful job of acting the part.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Frank definitely was two-dimentions.  But, if LL hated it, you definitely couldn't tell that from his performance.  He did a wonderful job of acting the part.

Larry Linville was brilliant as Frank. It's too bad we didn't get to see him play a more complex character. See what he could have actually brought to the table. But then we wouldn't have had Frank. 

And his character did fit in nicely with the show in the early years.  MASH was much more broad during that time period. 

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

Larry Linville was brilliant as Frank. It's too bad we didn't get to see him play a more complex character. See what he could have actually brought to the table. But then we wouldn't have had Frank. 

And his character did fit in nicely with the show in the early years.  MASH was much more broad during that time period. 

Of course, the sad thing was that Mr. Linville wound up being typecast as Frank.

But then again Miss Swit has wound up being typecast as Margaret despite the very wide range she ultimately displayed on the show, it seems the few jobs they've cast her in since , they just have had her scream and rant like a stereotypical fishwife ( the barebones tip of Margaret's character).

• Love 6
On 25/09/2018 at 11:50 PM, andromeda331 said:

That part and everything from the moment Margaret announces her engagement. I hate Frank but I always thought that was so cold. He didn't know when she got back their entire relationship would be over. Yet she acts surprised and angry that Frank's not jumping up and down with excitement over her engagement. Really Margaret? You expect the man you've been sleeping with for years to be happy for you?  

Yeah, she was cold. But to be fair, they were as bad as each other. Frank had no intention of leaving his wife for Margaret, but strung her along with fake promises, and Margaret (at least in first couple of seasons) seemed more than ready to give her attentions to any dashing, superior officer that came to visit. They were both pretty unpleasant people, before they decided to turn Margaret into a saint, for the last few seasons.

I remember really liking it when Frank would have a positive interaction with Hawkeye and Trapper or BJ. He was just so desperate to be liked, but so bad at being a likeable person. But I reckon Larry Linville saw the writing on the wall, with Hot Lips' marriage. She'd get the redemption treatment, and he'd be the sole villain, covering well trodden ground.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Yeah, she was cold. But to be fair, they were as bad as each other. Frank had no intention of leaving his wife for Margaret, but strung her along with fake promises, and Margaret (at least in first couple of seasons) seemed more than ready to give her attentions to any dashing, superior officer that came to visit. They were both pretty unpleasant people, before they decided to turn Margaret into a saint, for the last few seasons.

And when you think about it, it was inevitable that Margaret would eventually see what a whiny, immature, self-absorbed prick Frank was and wonder what she ever saw in him.

I always liked that Margaret grew up and evolved into something much more complex.  One of my favorite scenes was the one where she was giving a soldier who had just undergone a tracheotomy and was still recovering from that a sponge bath. We got to see Margaret do this from the soldier's perspective, and it showed me a side of Margaret that I'd never seen before: a warm, friendly, compassionate woman who clearly loved being a nurse more than just about anything else.  If I could have had just one spin-off from M*A*S*H, it would have been to follow Margaret's life after Korea. I'd have loved to see how she handled working in a civilian environment and dealing with the rampant sexism of the 50s and 60s. It would also have been fun to see her eventually find a love who was truly worthy of her.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I always liked that Margaret grew up and evolved into something much more complex.

Yes.  The original movie and the novel it's based on are pretty sexist.  The TV show was eventually a great improvement.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Yes.  The original movie and the novel it's based on are pretty sexist.  The TV show was eventually a great improvement.

And speaking of sexists, I really came to despise Hawkeye.  His condescending, sanctimonious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude towards everything and everyone around him (which always struck me as Alan Alda's own contribution to the part) really put me off him -- and what's worse, as liberal and enlightened as he claimed to be, he was sexist as hell when it came to dealing with the women in his unit.  I was so glad when Margaret finally called him out on it -- and another favorite episode was when she and the other nurses all got together to play the mother of all practical jokes on him by all pretending to fall for his "charms" - and then humiliating him in front of everyone!  As Margaret told him, he shouldn't feel too bad about it -- after all, he'd finally gotten what he'd always wanted: He'd just been had by every woman in the unit!

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

which always struck me as Alan Alda's own contribution to the par

IMO that's in the original source material, along with the abuse of women "justified" by the tremendous stress of being in the war the men were going through.  Like the WOMEN weren't right there in the same war!  I think Alda had some role in correcting all that.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, ratgirlagogo said:

IMO that's in the original source material, along with the abuse of women "justified" by the tremendous stress of being in the war the men were going through.  Like the WOMEN weren't right there in the same war!  I think Alda had some role in correcting all that.

I didn't mean that Hawkeye's sexist attitude was Alan Alda's contribution -- nearly ALL the men were sexist to one degree or another.  I meant that his general condescending, judgmental, sanctimonious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude was.  The sexism from Hawkeye, of all people, just underscored how big a hypocrite he really was.

• Love 7
On 9/24/2018 at 10:24 PM, selkie said:

When they got to the baseball bat murder, I turned to my husband and said 'Do you still enjoy watching this? I don't?'. He said 'I'm not enjoying this either.' and turned the episode off, deleted the series season pass, and we haven't watched a minute of the show since. 

I stopped watching for a while after that, before my sister came home for thanksgiving. I had everything recorded, and watched it with her (and still hated it). I quit properly, after they killed Carl. 

I didn’t like JDM as Denny in Grey’s anatomy, either.  Flirts with the gorgeous doctor, keeps doing it as she gets into trouble for becoming more involved with him. Proposes to her after she cuts his L-vad wire, and steals a heart for him. I kept watching, but it was too soapy.  I loathed it, and couldn’t get over all of the people swooning over it (and Meredith finally cheating with Derek).  

Edited by Anela
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And speaking of sexists, I really came to despise Hawkeye.  His condescending, sanctimonious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude towards everything and everyone around him (which always struck me as Alan Alda's own contribution to the part) really put me off him -- and what's worse, as liberal and enlightened as he claimed to be, he was sexist as hell when it came to dealing with the women in his unit.  I was so glad when Margaret finally called him out on it -- and another favorite episode was when she and the other nurses all got together to play the mother of all practical jokes on him by all pretending to fall for his "charms" - and then humiliating him in front of everyone!  As Margaret told him, he shouldn't feel too bad about it -- after all, he'd finally gotten what he'd always wanted: He'd just been had by every woman in the unit!

I mean, he was probably as liberal and enlightened as any guy could be in early 1950s America. The show had a lot of anachronistic aspects, not least the hairstyles (which screamed 1970s), but their take on gender relations felt like they were authentic. Even the supposed heroes were chauvinists. But I really liked Nurse Cutler, from the first season, and felt like she was a good foil for Hawkeye. It's a shame they didn't keep her on as a more permanent love interest for him, and curb the womanising.

After a few seasons, they did curb the womanising a lot, and made Hawkeye far more self-righteous, to emphasise the anti-war message even more explicitly. But again, as a show of its time, it began airing while the US was still stuck in Vietnam, and finished at the height of the Reagan Doctrine and the still looming possibility for nuclear war. It makes sense to me that they were more strident in their proselytising than they might have been.

BJ was a more modern figure, in that he did seem to respect women more (and was faithful to his wife), and while he was self righteous, I think Mike Farrell handled it with more delicacy than Alan Alda.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I didn't mean that Hawkeye's sexist attitude was Alan Alda's contribution -- nearly ALL the men were sexist to one degree or another.  I meant that his general condescending, judgmental, sanctimonious, self-righteous, holier-than-thou attitude was.  The sexism from Hawkeye, of all people, just underscored how big a hypocrite he really was.

I really did too. In the beginning I liked him and thought he was funny. But over the seasons I really ended up hating him. That's exactly what he became so condescending, judgmental, sanctimonious, self-righteous, and holier-than-thou attitude. So many times I wish someone would tell him to shut up or tell him off. He really was sexist when it came to women. He was a hypocrite and he never shut up.  I didn't like Margaret in the beginning but after Frank left she really grew in character I liked her a lot. I liked Winchester more then Hawkeye because there were other sides to him. He wasn't always right and was a snob.  But he had so many other sides to him. I always liked Klinger and Radar. Potter, Father Mulcahy and BJ. I go back and forth on Blake. I liked him but he was a crappy commander. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

BJ was a more modern figure, in that he did seem to respect women more (and was faithful to his wife), and while he was self righteous, I think Mike Farrell handled it with more delicacy than Alan Alda.

I absolutely agree.  And I had quite the crush on Mike Farrell back in the day.

• Love 4

Angela Rizzoli, Jane's mother on Rizzoli and Isles.  She suppose to be cute, somewhat meddling loving mother who often gives advice to anyone and everyone. Except she's not. She never stops getting on Jane for being a cop even though she loves her job. Constantly interfering where she shouldn't be and doing crap she shouldn't be doing. Re-painting her daughter's apartment without asking her and getting all mad and hurt when Jane gets mad. Holding a yard sale at Jane's house without asking. Telling everyone Jane was pregnant when she had been specifically ask by Jane not to tell anyone. Claiming she had no choice but to tell Sean the police captain she was seeing and Jane's boss about Maura knowing a martial art move when Maura was being framed for murder. She had a choice not to tell him anything when she knew Maura was innocent and supposedly loves Maura like a daughter. Getting pissed at Jane for going undercover in a prison, that's her job. With holding the letter that Jane was cleared to return to work. She constantly sticks her nose into everyone's business but any time anyone calls her on it. She gets hurt and they have to apologize. Even though she's clearly in the wrong.  They could have made her interesting being recently divorced and trying to figure out her life post-marriage. Career, dating, or going back to school. But no instead you keep wondering why Jane doesn't cut her mother out of her life. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

With holding the letter that Jane was cleared to return to work.

That's the one that sent me over the edge.  I never found Angela's meddling amusing like they were going for, and she frequently irritated me, but that had me seeing red.  Jane loved her job and was quite unhappy being stuck at home, waiting to be cleared to return to work.  But because Angela was enjoying Jane not being at work - and thus not in danger - she hid the letter and kept Jane unhappy for longer than she needed to be.  And Jane (and the audience) was expected to excuse that, like everything else, because Angela loves Jane.  

Making her various "I don't like that your job is dangerous, so who cares if you are wildly fulfilled by it" shenanigans worse was the fact that Frankie, Angela's son/Jane's brother was also a cop.  But Angela didn't go around trying to keep him from doing his job or guilt-tripping him for making her worry.  No, she saved all that for Jane.  Sexist crap.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

That's the one that sent me over the edge.  I never found Angela's meddling amusing like they were going for, and she frequently irritated me, but that had me seeing red.  Jane loved her job and was quite unhappy being stuck at home, waiting to be cleared to return to work.  But because Angela was enjoying Jane not being at work - and thus not in danger - she hid the letter and kept Jane unhappy for longer than she needed to be.  And Jane (and the audience) was expected to excuse that, like everything else, because Angela loves Jane.  

Making her various "I don't like that your job is dangerous, so who cares if you are wildly fulfilled by it" shenanigans worse was the fact that Frankie, Angela's son/Jane's brother was also a cop.  But Angela didn't go around trying to keep him from doing his job or guilt-tripping him for making her worry.  No, she saved all that for Jane.  Sexist crap.

That on one and telling everyone about Jane's pregnancy when she was asked not to sent me over the edge. I hated all the other crap she did and never found her amusing either. It ticked me off that every time someone got mad at her as they really should. She was always sticking her nose where it didn't belong but no Angela would get all mad or hurt or both and the other person always had to apologize. But those two were the worse. Jane loves her job she'd been waiting for that letter and wanted to get back to work. Instead of caring about what her daughter wanted Angela only cared about what she wanted and hid it. Jane should have gone off on her and Angela should have had to apologize. That was a crapping thing to do. And yes she never did any of it to Frankie who was a cop. Except in the beginning she blamed Jane for Frankie becoming a cop even though he clearly wanted to be a cop. Who cares that Jane loves her job. Who cares that she could have put her daughter's job in danger if they started wondering why Jane wasn't back at work after being cleared. If Angela didn't apologize (which she probably wouldn't have because she never did) Jane should have stopped speaking to her.  Either that or tell people Jane was pregnant when she was specifically asked not to should have been the last straw. That wasn't her news to tell. I really wanted to see Jane tell her off and cut her out of her life. Angela pulled way too much crap and that her daughter was just expected to forgive and forget. 

• Love 1
On 9/29/2018 at 7:47 AM, Miss Dee said:

On 10/1/2018 at 1:35 AM, Danny Franks said:

I remember really liking it when Frank would have a positive interaction with Hawkeye and Trapper or BJ. He was just so desperate to be liked, but so bad at being a likeable person. But I reckon Larry Linville saw the writing on the wall, with Hot Lips' marriage. She'd get the redemption treatment, and he'd be the sole villain, covering well trodden ground.

My UO is that I always felt sorry for Frank. Yes, I get he was supposed to be the "villain" (even more than the Chinese & North Koreans), and he was a shit of a human being, but there was just something ultimately sad about the character, that he had become an angry, morally corrupt individual because of outside forces, not necessarily that he was innately bad. I frequently thought Hawkeye and Trapper and BJ were just dicks to him. 

• Love 10

I'm almost finished with season 2 of Community and I hate Ben Chang.  I simply can not stand him.  They've written him as way too over the top, stupid and desperate.  Pierce comes a close second, but even he's had moments that I've enjoyed.  I can only think of once or twice that I've laughed or smiled over something that Chang has said or done.  I really like everyone else, but I'm always looking forward to Chang exiting a scene. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

I'm almost finished with season 2 of Community and I hate Ben Chang.  I simply can not stand him.  They've written him as way too over the top, stupid and desperate.  Pierce comes a close second, but even he's had moments that I've enjoyed.  I can only think of once or twice that I've laughed or smiled over something that Chang has said or done.  I really like everyone else, but I'm always looking forward to Chang exiting a scene. 

I wholeheartedly agree with both of these.  Pierce had some terrible moments but they were reigned back at bit.  But I think I started to really dislike Pierce completely with the Dungeons and Dragons episode.  Later, I would wonder given all that I've heard about Chevy Chase, if Harmon pulled an art imitates life thing and wrote in some of Chase' personality into Pierce.

I always disliked Chang even from S1.  I think the character really affected how I viewed   Ken Joeng as an actor,  because I could never become enthusiastic about any other his other projects even though I'd at least give a try to other projects by the rest of the Community actors (minus Chase) out of remembered affection for the show.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

But I think I started to really dislike Pierce completely with the Dungeons and Dragons episode. 

That's when he became a "close second" instead of just my 2nd least favorite character. 

6 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I never loved Chang but I thought he worked 1000X better as a Spanish teacher than whatever point he served after his fraud was discovered.

• Love 11

I gave up on Community early on but I have seen Ken Jeong in a few things since and I realized I just don't like the actor.   That's unusual for me since usually I am frustrated at seeing actors and actresses that I know can be good actors performing in bad to indifferent shows.

• Love 1

I was fine with Chang and Pierce in season 1, but agree that both were too much by the second season. I was glad to see Pierce leave, and wished that Chang would leave too. 

I hate the Italian in season 3 of Leverage (that's the "name" of her character, we never hear her actual name). Her acting is terrible. Fortunately she wasn't in every episode, and even when she was she never had more than a few lines of dialog. Nevertheless, every time she comes on the screen I groan and say "ugh, she's the WORST."

• Love 7
14 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I was fine with Chang and Pierce in season 1, but agree that both were too much by the second season. I was glad to see Pierce leave, and wished that Chang would leave too. 

I hate the Italian in season 3 of Leverage (that's the "name" of her character, we never hear her actual name). Her acting is terrible. Fortunately she wasn't in every episode, and even when she was she never had more than a few lines of dialog. Nevertheless, every time she comes on the screen I groan and say "ugh, she's the WORST."

I agree the "Italian" was awful. Her acting was bad and despite trying to convince us she's dangerous or whatever I never bought that. She really seemed less scary and threatening then most of the mark of the week. But we were suppose to by that oh on she's blackmailing Nate and the Crew, oh no what will they do, what will she do.  What she will do? Really? When she's up against Eliot "I crawled through the sewer to kill the head of Al Qaeda in Yemen', Hardison who turned the tables when he was being interrogated, Sophie who can out grift anyone and managed to control Eliot with Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Parker who well Parker she's crazy, and Nate who sees everything and knows everything and can hypnotize people? I don't think so.  

• Love 3
On 10/1/2018 at 8:38 PM, ratgirlagogo said:

I remember the scene in the movie where the men sit around and drop the sides of the women's shower tent so that the nurse inside is revealed standing naked for all the men to gawk and cheer.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I remember the scene in the movie where the men sit around and drop the sides of the women's shower tent so that the nurse inside is revealed standing naked for all the men to gawk and cheer.

That horrified and completely ruined the movie for me.  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

That movie is not even watchable any more.  They treated the women like pieces of meat.  Remember the nurse they set up with the impotent dentist?  She had a big smile on her face as she shipped out.  Total male fantasy!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Where do you get BallyK?

I get two episodes each weekday starting at 10 a.m. (east coast) on WETA UK. 

Edit:  Also two episodes on Sunday beginning at 10 a.m.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 2

My husband and I are watching Lucifer and neither one of us can stand Lucifer's mom, Charlotte.  I see from IMDB that she's in the rest of the series, so we only hope that most of the shows keep her on the sidelines.  But, the last one we watched was the first one that was mostly about her and we were both irritated and bored.

On 2/1/2018 at 12:24 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I hated Connor on Angel.

Yes, I KNOW he had a horrible childhood.  I KNOW he was messed up and manipulated by dozens of people he trusted.  But he, like so many other characters, used the victim card to justify his awful behavior.  Him blaming Angel for everything got old really fast, and it was frustrating when you realize that Angel was one of the few people that loved Connor without having an agenda (unlike Holtz, Posessed!Cordy, and Jasmine), and yet Connor kept rejecting him at every single turn.

Way late on this, but that's not entirely what happened. Sure, it was frustrating for Connor to always blame Angel, but its not like Angel didn't create the exact circumstances for the kid to never trust him to tell the truth about anything ever. Hell, Connor was just starting to believe that Angel might not be the worst, and Unpossessed!Cordy told him not to screw it up only to have him ignore her. Being three hundred years old, you'd think he'd have absorbed some common sense. You'd be wrong.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Pindrop said:

All characters: Oh God, just watched the first two episodes of Paradise PD. Are we done now? Is the adult cartoon genre saturated? Are literal shit jokes for 20 minutes funny as an adult?  Can this derivative shit please fuck off? 

Can I recommend Aggretsuko on Netflix to you, then?

Forget the fact that this is a show produced by the creators of Hello Kitty: this is very much an adult show that deals with relatable adult issues, but in a refreshing way that isn't the typical American "Adulthood sucks and is dreary and you may as well be a jaded fucking asshole." The 10 episodes are 15 minutes apiece with credits, so its a pretty quick watch, and there's nary a fart joke to be had. I don't want to get too detailed lest I spoil anything, but having a cute red panda that works in an office by day and sings death metal karaoke by night to vent about work is a definite relatable mood.

and the Fenneko laugh! :)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Way late on this, but that's not entirely what happened. Sure, it was frustrating for Connor to always blame Angel, but its not like Angel didn't create the exact circumstances for the kid to never trust him to tell the truth about anything ever. Hell, Connor was just starting to believe that Angel might not be the worst, and Unpossessed!Cordy told him not to screw it up only to have him ignore her. Being three hundred years old, you'd think he'd have absorbed some common sense. You'd be wrong.

You can't exactly lay that all on Angel. Even if he hadn't gone off to confront Holtz, he still would have framed him for his own death and odds are Connor still would have believed it.

I'm not saying Angel didn't make his fair share of mistakes when it came to Connor. But to be fair, he spent 300 years believing he'd never get to have kids...not to mention all the time in the world wouldn't be enough to prepare losing a sweet baby and gaining a messed-up angry teen in the span of a week.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 5

I cannot stand Grace on Will & Grace. Very rarely is she funny. Sadly I think she is worse now than she was in the original run of the show. It's one thing for a character to be a bit selfish but it's quite another for them to be aggressively selfish. Even when they try to portray her as "poor little Grace Adler" I just don't buy it because she's so rude, mean & super narcissistic Also she is NOT the modern Lucille Ball. That honor goes to Fran Drescher. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I cannot stand Grace on Will & Grace. Very rarely is she funny. Sadly I think she is worse now than she was in the original run of the show. It's one thing for a character to be a bit selfish but it's quite another for them to be aggressively selfish. Even when they try to portray her as "poor little Grace Adler" I just don't buy it because she's so rude, mean & super narcissistic Also she is NOT the modern Lucille Ball. That honor goes to Fran Drescher. 

Personally, I think all the characters on Will & Grace deserve nothing less than a shovel to the head.

And now they're in their 50s, and somehow they haven't outgrown their petty, immature, selfish behavior! Yay.

• Love 10