Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

(edited)

All you dream about is being trapped on random islands and fighting people in some sort of gigantic death match.

I thought maybe we could use a thread about our addiction because I for one have noticed my life becoming increasingly more ridiculous and ab-fixated as my obsession with this show grows. The hiatus is only going to make it worse I'm afraid.....

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

You know you're watching Arrow when you listen to Ariel Dorfman compare the Chilean and Egyptian revolutions and when he talks about the hopes of those who tried for a better country and their self-flagellation when they failed and you think of Oliver's manpain.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you only go to Facebook to check out SA's Facebook page and ignore post by friends and family.

Oh shit! Yup. You know you're watching too much Arrow when you seriously contemplate taking a dance class after following CL on instagram. Even though you haven't taken one successfully in over 10 years.

Edited by slayer2

You know you are watching too much Arrow when a Private Practice rerun comes on TV (a show you don't even watch) and a half naked guy grunts and you think it might be Oliver cause the grunt sounds familiar and then still not looking at his face you pick up on the curve of his neck and the stubble shadowing his jawline and then you blink and realize holy hell, it really is Stephen Amell! 

Then just after finishing the sexy times (hence the grunt) he says he's got to go, rolls out of bed, dresses in under sixty seconds, leaves and you think:  " It must be pre-island Oliver."   

• Love 9
(edited)

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you track down episodes of American Ninja Warrior because you are having salmon ladder withdrawal.

Worked wonders on my ab withdrawal as well.

Edited by BkWurm1

You know you are watching too much Arrow when a Private Practice rerun comes on TV (a show you don't even watch) and a half naked guy grunts and you think it might be Oliver cause the grunt sounds familiar and then still not looking at his face you pick up on the curve of his neck and the stubble shadowing his jawline and then you blink and realize holy hell, it really is Stephen Amell! 

Then just after finishing the sexy times (hence the grunt) he says he's got to go, rolls out of bed, dresses in under sixty seconds, leaves and you think:  " It must be pre-island Oliver."   

the funniest post here - hands down

• Love 1

You know you're watching too much Arrow

when you plan to buy a tv for sole purpose of watching Arrow live.

when go around grinning like an idiot cause SA responded to you're facebook post.

• Love 5

When you're watching some arsehole politician on TV and you wish Amell would swing in through the nearest window and point an arrow at him and growl "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY", although given I live in Australia perhaps Ned Kelly would be more appropriate than Oliver Queen.

• Love 1

Bwwaaaahhhhaaaaa! 

I adore Legolas but yeah, his archery isn't the go-to one.  I think Snow on Once Upon a Time is more technically accurate.

Now I feel compelled to watch one of the Lord of the Rings movies....... so thanks!

• Love 2

I actually snorted coffee out my nose, I laughed so hard at your posts! Love this.

Never posted before, but I couldn't resist…

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you see a bumper sticker that says "WWJD" and you interpret that to mean "What Would John Diggle Do?" (I know that should have an extra "D" but seriously, I did that the other day.)

Also…

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you're fumbling awkwardly through your second month of karate and you think "Zero to Black Canary in five months, yeah, right!"

• Love 9

You see a Q on a lock and you think "Oh, Queen Industries." uh, no. just no.

When you're watching some arsehole politician on TV and you wish Amell would swing in through the nearest window and point an arrow at him and growl "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY", although given I live in Australia perhaps Ned Kelly would be more appropriate than Oliver Queen.

We've been waiting for him to do that to Rob Ford for years. They're both Canadian, it could happen.

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you start analyzing anyone else doing archery in a TV show or a movie (Legolas, I'm looking at you) and you just KNOW they're doing it wrong.

WORD!!!!!

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you're fumbling awkwardly through your second month of karate and you think "Zero to Black Canary in five months, yeah, right!"

Haha! I feel you... Luckily that's also when (hopefully) your body starts to remember the moves and takes less time to be operational. Always love to see a Karate person! :D

You know you're watching too much Arrow when you classify your wardrobe choices along a pre-EA to post-EA dressiness linear axis. Seriously guys, it's bad. I am starting to think like she's a real person. I am WAY too vested in her shoe choices...

• Love 3

... when you see a picture of John Barrowman and you go deer in the headlights while your brain short circuits... Captain Jack Harkness - Malcolm Merlyn ... Captain Jack, Malcolm Merlyn ... Jack, Malcolm ...

• Love 1

When you wake up at 5:46 am with the strong urge to point out that Oliver could have just killed Malcolm and told the League, "oops I was wrong, he did kill Sara" and all his problems would have been solved since there would be no one left to hold the video over Thea's head.

I swear not watching the show every week gets inside my head worse than when I am watching it weekly.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

You have a dream about Caitlin and Felicity in relationships with Wells and Palmer respectively, and both women think the other is dating the wrong man.

This should be a fanfic.

When you keep imagining random crossover scenarios with the Flash that totally need to happen, i.e., Oliver conversing in Russian with Hartley Rathaway, Cisco trying to hit on Nyssa, Malcolm Merlyn meets Dr. Wells, Joe West and Quentin Lance revealing worries about their kids crimefighting without actually giving away identities, 

I think I need to start a "You Know You're Obsessed with The Flash" thread also.

• Love 3

Are you trying to get my sweet baby Cisco killed? I mean, she'd be amused, but she'd totally eat him alive.

I'm banking on him getting some grudging respect if she knows he and Caitlin came up with the Mirakuru cure and that he once blasted Slade Wilson and lived to tell about it.

• Love 2

When you spend long car rides coming up with personal playlists for every character on the show.

When you spend embarrassing amounts of time dreaming of a Joe West/Quentin Lance friendship, that involves going to a bar, and swapping stories about all those wacky vigilantes! 

• Love 4

When you not only dream about it, but you dream about it in music video form and wake up with a simple but catchy set of melody and lyrics which are as follows:

Can't you see. (Yeah, yeah)

That it's not me-e

I ain't gonna be-e

The woman you love.

123. (Yeah, yeah)

It's not me-e

Set me free-e

And tell the heavens above, I'm not the woman you love.

But, and here's where I earn my Olicity card, in my little mind video the big reveal was it turned out Felicity was saying it to first Barry (and oddly Iris too) and then Ray! I woke up so happy and excited, lol as if I'd just watched an official show promo. And the tune was so stuck in my head, before doing anything today, I'm here writing it down.

Note that my subconscious rejected "a woman you love" for the much more practical "the woman you love".

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

When you get overly excited when you learn a) Miss Lemon (of Poirot fame) has Felicity for a first name, and b) your new nephew will probably be named Oliver. (I had to hide giggles.)

• Love 1

This is technically, "You know you're spending too much time on Stephen Amell's Facebook page" but...when you're sitting in Bible study and someone says "take sin seriously" and your first reaction is "take what sinceriously?" Fortunately you realize before saying it out loud.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 7

When you watch Furious 7 and are reminded of Arrow three times:

Hackers can't be hot and they are supposed to be wear glasses (Makes you want to yell Felicity! at the screen)

Guy does random parkour off a car (Roy anyone?)

Guy literally refers to himself as "Blarrow - Black Arrow" (Didn't David Ramsey call himself that?)

• Love 1

When you watch Furious 7 and are reminded of Arrow three times:

Hackers can't be hot and they are supposed to be wear glasses (Makes you want to yell Felicity! at the screen)

Guy does random parkour off a car (Roy anyone?)

Guy literally refers to himself as "Blarrow - Black Arrow" (Didn't David Ramsey call himself that?)

I had those exact same reactions during the hacker discussion and the little dude who was doing parkour all over the place! But I think Tyrese's character says Blarab? Like Black-Arab? But yeah, my friend and I looked at each other during the hacker talk and simultaneously mouthed, "Felicity!" right after Tyrese said something about not parking that body behind a computer, LOL!

• Love 1