Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ScoobieDoobs

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

O.k. .. that makes sense.  So what exactly do they have now?  They must live near each other as Bryn is older now, goes to school and has friends, so she probably can live in two places

 

I'm not sure how it works now.   I keep seeing Wednesday to Wednesday.    If that means Bryn lives one week with Bethenny and one week with Jason, I hate it.   How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if you have to live out of a suitcase and move every week?   

Edited by AnnA

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, AnnA said:

How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if Youn have to move every week?   

How would that impact having friends over? It’s a very common occurrence with kids of divorce. It’s not like she has to pack up and move every week, she has stuff at both places.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure how it works now.   I keep seeing Wednesday to Wednesday.    If that means Bryn lives one week with Bethenny and one week with Jason, I hate it.   How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if you have to live out of a suitcase and move every week?   

 

I would imagine that she has clothes/toys/ect. at each house, so no suitcase needed. Bryn knows what her schedule is and can invite her friends to the correct house with no problems. Also, she can have a pet at each house as well.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure how it works now.   I keep seeing Wednesday to Wednesday.    If that means Bryn lives one week with Bethenny and one week with Jason, I hate it.   How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if you have to live out of a suitcase and move every week?   

Folks with the kind of money these people have make it very easy on the kid. There is a dedicated bedroom for her in each apartment, toys, dolls, computer, etc. All she would bring with her is her school back pack. Friends can easily visit both homes, why would that be an issue?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure how it works now.   I keep seeing Wednesday to Wednesday.    If that means Bryn lives one week with Bethenny and one week with Jason, I hate it.   How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if you have to live out of a suitcase and move every week?   

Well, she probably has clothes that stay at each home. Heck, she might have doubles of her clothes.  I doubt there’s much of a suitcase involved.  Personally, I don’t like the move every week thing either, but if they live close enough it’s manageable.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Everyone has their own opinion.  

I know that I wouldn't want that for my children and I'd fight it too.

ETA:   I don't believe it's that common either.    I know lots of divorced couples but don't know anyone who has that kind of custody arrangement.   The divorced couples I know have their children live with their mother and spend weekends, vacations, etc. with their father.    

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

How would that impact having friends over? It’s a very common occurrence with kids of divorce. It’s not like she has to pack up and move every week, she has stuff at both places.

I agree, this is very common for these times. It used to be more common for the kids to stay with one parent and see the other on weekends, or worse, every other weekend.  I think it's much better for them to spend equal time with both if possible.

I can't imagine having my kids stay with me every second weekend. Can you imagine Bethenny being ok having that arrangement for herself? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They have a 50 50 split, Bryn is with 1 for a week then the other for the following week. They both live in the city, so not all that far from each other or her school. And both can make decisions, like medical, for her. Bethenny is now seeking to be THE only parent to make any/all decisions regarding Bryn and I suspect if she is successful in this, she will then go for sole custody and cut Jason out of Bryn's life for good.

Yes, we have only heard "her" side, Jason has never spoken about Bethenny, their divorce or Bryn's custody publicly throughout any of this. Oh, and Bethenny now blames Andy/production/Bravo for her marrying Jason, she claims they "pressured" her into getting married! In other words, nothing is ever Bethenny's fault, ever! LOL

50-50 seems fair.  Going back and forth to court is expensive and exhausting.  That seems to be repeated in the future.  Too bad for all concerned.  This will probably go on until Bryn is 18?  Or whatever the age is.  By then, the kid will probably get her own apartment or go to a college in Timbuktu.

22 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I'm not sure how it works now.   I keep seeing Wednesday to Wednesday.    If that means Bryn lives one week with Bethenny and one week with Jason, I hate it.   How do you have friends over after school and how do you have a pet if you have to live out of a suitcase and move every week?   

You have double of everything.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

 

You have double of everything.

Which most people can't afford to do and one reason why it's not that common.

ETA:   LuAnn didn't do it

           Sonja didn't do it

           Ramona didn't do it

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Which most people can't afford to do and one reason why it's not that common.

It’s a version of what most of my divorced friends have so it’s hardly rare. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s a version of what most of my divorced friends have so it’s hardly rare. 

      In my world it's not only rare, it doesn't exist.  

      I don't know even one couple who share/shared custody that way.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Which most people can't afford to do and one reason why it's not that common.

 

My sister in law has the one week on, one week off with her son and we're about as common as it gets. His father pays for everything the son has in his home and SIL pays for everything the son has in hers. There's no living from a suitcase, he has two homes.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

32 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Everyone has their own opinion.  

I know that I wouldn't want that for my children and I'd fight it too.

ETA:   I don't believe it's that common either.    I know lots of divorced couples but don't know anyone who has that kind of custody arrangement.   The divorced couples I know have their children live with their mother and spend weekends, vacations, etc. with their father.    

And some parents only see their kids every other weekend, which is very common.  

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

In my world it's not only rare, it doesn't exist.  

I don't know even one couple who share/shared custody that way.

I do know parents who alternate weeks as do many other people here.  Some alternate 2 weeks. Some only see kids during breaks. The reality is that there are variations in custody arrangements. This one week variation is what Bryn has.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Well, she probably has clothes that stay at each home. Heck, she might have doubles of her clothes.  I doubt there’s much of a suitcase involved.  Personally, I don’t like the move every week thing either, but if they live close enough it’s manageable.

There was something a couple of Seasons ago when Beth was cleaning out Bryn's closet and threw out some clothes and toys because HE bought them and she refused to have them in the house

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully Beth will realize at some point that she is forcing the childhood she lived onto her own child.

She is a reflection of her own neurotic controlling mother and she also doesn't want Bryn to have a supportive or involved father.

The relationships she has with men, women, friends, workers ect. all get driven by her they way that they do because she has never truly dealt with and let go of her self admitted horrible relationships with her parents.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, AnnA said:

Which most people can't afford to do and one reason why it's not that common.

ETA:   LuAnn didn't do it

           Sonja didn't do it

           Ramona didn't do it

 

Well, Luann’s ex lived in Europe, Ramona’s daughter was an adult or very close to it so she likely made the decision, and Sonja?  No idea what Morgan was thinking, maybe he was traditional enough to think a young girl should live with her mom.

i think the moving around each week requires that the parents live pretty close to each other.

Edited by Mrs peel · Reason: Morgan and organ are not the same thing
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

There was something a couple of Seasons ago when Beth was cleaning out Bryn's closet and threw out some clothes and toys because HE bought them and she refused to have them in the house

Why does she hate him so much .. because he’s fighting for their daughter?  I’m clueless as I don’t read anything about them.

Share this post


Link to post

Avery was 19 and in college when Ramona and Mario split, so there was.no custody agreement. Sonja’s daughter is in boarding school most of the time but they do alternate vacations. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

  14 minutes ago, Mrs peel said

Well, Luann’s ex lived in Europe, Ramona’s daughter was an adult or very close to it so she likely made the decision, and Sonja?  No idea what. Organ was thinking, maybe he was traditional enough to think a young girl should live with her mom.

i think the moving around each week requires that the parents live pretty close to each other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

My response,

Sonja's ex lives on an island off the coast of Conn (I think) so Quincy lived with Sonja close to her schools but spent weekends/summer vacations with him.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  14 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Why does she hate him so much .. because he’s fighting for their daughter?  I’m clueless as I don’t read anything about them.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My response,

4  reasons/or combination of these IMO. 1, once she had him, she didn't want him. 2, she has the dump him first before he dumps you fear mind set. 3, he refused to obey her at all times, she can't stand not being in control. It isn't a matter of compromise with Bethenny because she can't/refuses to compromise at all about anything. It's her way or the highway. 4, he refused to allow her to erase him from Bryn's life like she tried to do in the first place/custody fight.

  8 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't watch all the HW shows but can't think of another divorced couple who had a 50/50 shared custody arrangement.    Is there one?   Not Vikki, Tamara, Shannon,  Kyle, Kim, Yolanda, Jill and I can't think of anyone else who had young children when they divorced

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My response to AnnA.

Brandi/Eddie (BH)

Edited by WireWrap
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

  

  8 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't watch all the HW shows but can't think of another divorced couple who had a 50/50 shared custody arrangement.    Is there one?   Not Vikki, Tamara, Shannon,  Kyle, Kim, Yolanda, Jill and I can't think of anyone else who had young children when they divorced

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My response to AnnA.

Brandi/Eddie (BH)

 

       OK.  That's one which doesn't make it commonplace.

ETA:    @WireWrap Thanks for moving some of the posts here.  It's an interesting discussion and usually when we get scolded for going OT those discussions wither and die which is a shame.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Tamra and Simon had a similiar custody arrangement until the kids got older and told the judge they didn’t want to live with the other parent. Vicki left the state and her kids don’t appear to have a relationship with their father. Shannon’s girls have told the judge their prefer to live with their mother. As Brynn gets older she will get more of a say in her own custody situation.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

There was something a couple of Seasons ago when Beth was cleaning out Bryn's closet and threw out some clothes and toys because HE bought them and she refused to have them in the house

I remember this and was so saddened. This sort of thing tells me everything I need to know about Bethenny Frankel. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Tamra and Simon had a similiar custody arrangement until the kids got older and told the judge they didn’t want to live with the other parent. Vicki left the state and her kids don’t appear to have a relationship with their father. Shannon’s girls have told the judge their prefer to live with their mother. As Brynn gets older she will get more of a say in her own custody situation.

You're right.   The court usually takes the child's wishes into consideration when they're around 12ish.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

34 minutes ago, AnnA said:

       OK.  That's one which doesn't make it commonplace.

ETA:    @WireWrap Thanks for moving some of the posts here.  It's an interesting discussion and usually when we get scolded for going OT those discussions wither and die which is a shame.  

Yolanda/Mohammad's kids split equal time with each after their divorce, Kyle's ex lives in a different country, we don't know anything about Jill/her ex's custody agreement, Kim's youngest lived with her father for years, her 2 middle kids father lived in Texas and Monty moved around a lot, no permeant home. Vicki's ex lived in Illinois and the kids spent part of the summer with him and Shannon's girls are old enough to have a say in whom they want to live with/custody arrangement. Each case is different and what the courts decided was best for the kid(s), not what was easiest/best for the parents, which is how it should be. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.   The court usually takes the child's wishes into consideration when they're around 12ish.   

In some cases, that must be hard on the parent that wasn’t picked.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Why does she hate him so much .. because he’s fighting for their daughter?  I’m clueless as I don’t read anything about them.

I think he lied and she fell for his lies. Then he changed and became an Ahole just like her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think he lied and she fell for his lies. Then he changed and became an Ahole just like her.

IMO, he fell for her act then reacted when she revealed her true self. LOL

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

. Each case is different and what the courts decided was best for the kid(s), not what was easiest/best for the parents, which is how it should be. 

Parents living in different countries or states hardly seems what's best for the kids. 

15 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think he lied and she fell for his lies. Then he changed and became an Ahole just like her.

 

13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, he fell for her act then reacted when she revealed her true self. LOL

There's usually three sides to every story so it's likely that both are true.   

ETA:   I watched the spin offs.   Bethenny was always Bethenny......difficult.    She never pretended to be anyone else.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Parents living in different countries or states hardly seems what's best for the kids. 

Courts can’t tell adults where they can live or be a part of their kids life, though they can decide if a child is allowed to move

At least for part of Farrah’s life her dad lived in LA. She talked about how her life was split between being an only child at her dad’s house and being the oldest of several sisters at her mom’s.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Courts can’t tell adults where they can live or be a part of their kids life, though they can decide if a child is allowed to move

 

I'm glad you added the part about moving.   I was just about to post that there are often restrictions on the custodial parent's ability to move a significant distance  (city/out of state/country)

Edited by AnnA
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

This is an example of someone hating their ex more than they love their child. Or perhaps I should say, allowing their hate for an ex to override the best interests of their child. 

All the money spent on legal fees would have been better spent on true, deep therapy and family counseling. 

That’s why so many Parents remain together until the kids are older, like 18.  Either way, it still stinks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Quote: "Bethenny will probably never drive the engine of the show in an organic way any longer because she's incapable of be candid and authentic. Look at how nakedly obvious Bethenny's friendship with Sonja is. Bethenny is doing, with Carole, a more skillful version of what Jill tried to do with her, but it's still showing the strains of her manipulation and calculation. To pull it off flawlessly, she'd have to be a complete and total sociopath, which she isn't. She sucks, but she's not that terrible. Her version of what went down with Adam hasn't been consistent. Her attempts to fix her friendship have been half-assed and manipulative at best. This is why Carole's confusion is authentic and her wrath is a thing of beauty". 

Quote: "I actually agree that Bethenny had no intention of repairing their friendship. She did just enough superficial work to make herself come across like the injured party and Carole the irrational grudge holder".

I wonder if Bethenny  will ever be capablei of developing and maintaining an authentic healthy, positive relationship with anyone. Even though her personality is so "ugh", I have to admit that I do feel sorry for her in that all of her friendships/family connections/ romances seem to end in a very ugly bitter way. She does seem to be able to hold on to long distance friendships. Still, I don't think that those would be very fulfilling. 

Of all of the housewives that I watch, the closest that Bethenny comes to is Vicki G. A strong, proud, successful business woman who just can't help screwing up in her personal life. It wouldn't surprise me if Bryn moves far away like Brianna did when the poison starts to take affect.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/21/2018 at 2:52 PM, booboopbedoo said:

There was something a couple of Seasons ago when Beth was cleaning out Bryn's closet and threw out some clothes and toys because HE bought them and she refused to have them in the house

What will Bryn make of this when she grows up and watches that scene? How sad, and at the same time enlightening. A perfect anecdote to explore with her future therapist.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/21/2018 at 2:07 PM, Gem 10 said:

Why does she hate him so much .. because he’s fighting for their daughter?  I’m clueless as I don’t read anything about them.

He came across as emotionally abusive and he certainly worked hard to financially f her over, his parents even forged documents to try and steal from her. They all should have seen jail time for that. Hoppy is awful.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He came across as emotionally abusive and he certainly worked hard to financially f her over, his parents even forged documents to try and steal from her. They all should have seen jail time for that. Hoppy is awful.

He didn't abuse her in any way IMO, she gave as good as she got and his parents didn't forge anything. Bethenny willingly signed those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

He came across as emotionally abusive and he certainly worked hard to financially f her over, his parents even forged documents to try and steal from her. They all should have seen jail time for that. Hoppy is awful.

No. The Hoppys did notforge anything. Mrs. Hoppy notarized a document that Jason AND Bethenny asked her to notarize and was something that 100% both wanted notarized. Mrs. Hoppy's notary license did not cover her to sign as a notary for them in her state. That isn't forgery and they did not deserve to go to jail. 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

No. The Hoppys did notforge anything. Mrs. Hoppy notarized a document that Jason AND Bethenny asked her to notarize and was something that 100% both wanted notarized. Mrs. Hoppy's notary license did not cover her to sign as a notary for them in her state. That isn't forgery and they did not deserve to go to jail. 

“it is also undisputed that neither [Bethenny], [Jason], nor the trustee was ever present in the office” of the attorney who allegedly witnessed their signatures on the trust agreement, according to the documents, and none of them had ever met him before the agreement was signed either.

Even more shockingly, other documents signed by Frankel and Hoppy as part of the purchase are “unenforceable and invalid,” the papers claim, and Hoppy’s own mother is to blame!

Hoppy’s mom is a notary in Pennsylvania, and her stamp and signature appear on some of the signing documents. However, the documents state “that she is a ‘notary public in and for the State of New York,'” which is not true. Frankel “claims, and [Hoppy] does not deny, that neither party” ever went to Pennsylvania to sign the forms."

My mom and Aunt were both notaries, she knew it wasn't legal to notarize out of state. Or she is blindingly stupid. She knew it wasn't legal to notarize without the people there. You may be able to dispute the he said, she said of this, but she committed fraud. Given this, I believe the other allegations. She committed fraud.It was found invalid, by the court.

9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

He didn't abuse her in any way IMO, she gave as good as she got and his parents didn't forge anything. Bethenny willingly signed those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods. LOL

We will have to agree to disagree. I found his actions during and after filming, his gaslighting, and his parents actions to be abusive. B being a bitch doesn't excuse any of their actions. Just like a woman wearing a mini dress doesn't excuse a rapist.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

“it is also undisputed that neither [Bethenny], [Jason], nor the trustee was ever present in the office” of the attorney who allegedly witnessed their signatures on the trust agreement, according to the documents, and none of them had ever met him before the agreement was signed either.

Even more shockingly, other documents signed by Frankel and Hoppy as part of the purchase are “unenforceable and invalid,” the papers claim, and Hoppy’s own mother is to blame!

Hoppy’s mom is a notary in Pennsylvania, and her stamp and signature appear on some of the signing documents. However, the documents state “that she is a ‘notary public in and for the State of New York,'” which is not true. Frankel “claims, and [Hoppy] does not deny, that neither party” ever went to Pennsylvania to sign the forms."

My mom and Aunt were both notaries, she knew it wasn't legal to notarize out of state. Or she is blindingly stupid. She knew it wasn't legal to notarize without the people there. You may be able to dispute the he said, she said of this, but she committed fraud. Given this, I believe the other allegations. She committed fraud.It was found invalid, by the court.

We will have to agree to disagree. I found his actions during and after filming, his gaslighting, and his parents actions to be abusive. B being a bitch doesn't excuse any of their actions. Just like a woman wearing a mini dress doesn't excuse a rapist.

Do you really think Mrs. Hoppy forged Bethenny's signature? Had that happened, she would have been arrested and she wasn't. Also, Bethenny is very savvy, she is no stranger to legal binding contracts and she does know how to read. Did Mrs. Hoppy mess up thinking her NS was legal in another state, Yes, as were others, notaries, here that didn't know it either and that is not forgery. No one faked Bethenny's signature, no one.

I watched Bethenny gaslighting Jason every chance she got, especially as the show went on when she realized that Jason had become THE fan favorite. They even talked about it briefly when he refused to keep fighting with her before a trip, she admitted she hated that viewers like him better than they did her, that they believed him over her. And NO ONE is allowed to outshine Bethenny, no one, even when her nasty behavior is the reason they liked him more

But, Yes, agree to disagree as we will never see eye to eye. Have a great day.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

 Bethenny willingly signed those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods. LOL

 

Jason's mother willingly notarized those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods, either. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Jason's mother willingly notarized those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods, either. 

Yeah. Bethenny is one smart cookie and knows all these things, but the actual notary, Mrs. Hoppy, is a baby who while she is a notary, she is not required to know what a notary can and can't do because notaries apparently don't have to know anything about their job.

I still find it hilarious that Bethenny has near super villian capacity to know legal matters but pretty much almost lost this whole thing. If Jason hadn't used his mommy as his notary, he probably would have won.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

It's hard for me to view Bethenny as someone who got had because she always presents herself as someone can't/shouldn't be fucked with. IDK.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

50 minutes ago, SCS said:

 

Jason's mother willingly notarized those papers. She wasn't some babe in the woods, either. 

Yes, she did willingly notarize the papers but that doesn't mean she knew she was breaking a law doing it or that she did it for nefarious reasons.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

It's hard for me to view Bethenny as someone who got had because she always presents herself as someone can't/shouldn't be fucked with. IDK.

It must really be a blow to her when it does happen. I also think we tend to trust our loved ones in ways we would not trust others, so she probably wasn't on guard against being shafted by her husband and elderly in laws.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It must really be a blow to her when it does happen. I also think we tend to trust our loved ones in ways we would not trust others, so she probably wasn't on guard against being shafted by her husband and elderly in laws

True, I think that was a lot of it for her.  Because the judge ruled that it was a fraudulent document and had enough language in the decision that Bethenny could go after the lawyer.  I think the worst for me was that Hoppy let his mother get dragged into it.  What a dick move.  And keep in mind if he didn’t let her get dragged in that would mean that the grannie in this wasn’t just creepy she was a criminal.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The problem is, when you do something for your career, it's your JOB to know the legalities of doing it.  If you purchase insurance from an agent and then when you need to make a claim against the policy you discover that the policy they sold you is invalid because it is not offered in your particular state, it is still the responsibility of the insurance agent to make you whole.  Maybe they made a legitimate mistake, but, the onus is on them to know the technicalities and rules that govern their field.  Mrs Hoppy is required to know the rules regarding notarizing documents, and in this case, it can't just be chalked up to "she didn't mean to break a law"  She DID break the law.  Mean to or not, she has a professional responsibility to know the rules.  

And, I will say I can sympathize with Bethenny as far as signing it but then later finding out that the document was falsely notarized.  When my father died, my siblings and I had to deal with the life insurance policy and the funeral home.  My father lived in a different state than my siblings and I (and, my siblings and I do not live in the same state), so the insurance paperwork was filled out and faxed to the funeral director, who happened to be a notary, who then notarized it and sent it to the insurance company.  The insurance company paid the funeral home and then paid the remainder of the policy to us.  However, we picked the wrong funeral home and it turns out that what the funeral home submitted to the insurance company was more than the charges we actually accrued and had signed the notarized form for.  To make a very long story short, and sparing the sordid details, we had to get a lawyer involved to get the money back and in the process, I learned that it wasn't legal for the funeral director to A) notarize the form for the insurance company when he was profiting from it B) notarize it without us being present C) not have seen the original signatures.  I possess the only original copy of the document with signatures, so, I did, in fact, sign it, but that funeral director is no longer a notary.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2018 at 1:11 AM, ShawnaLanne said:

his parents even forged documents to try and steal from her. 

 

23 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

“it is also undisputed that neither [Bethenny], [Jason], nor the trustee was ever present in the office” of the attorney who allegedly witnessed their signatures on the trust agreement, according to the documents, and none of them had ever met him before the agreement was signed either.

Even more shockingly, other documents signed by Frankel and Hoppy as part of the purchase are “unenforceable and invalid,” the papers claim, and Hoppy’s own mother is to blame!

Hoppy’s mom is a notary in Pennsylvania, and her stamp and signature appear on some of the signing documents. However, the documents state “that she is a ‘notary public in and for the State of New York,'” which is not true. Frankel “claims, and [Hoppy] does not deny, that neither party” ever went to Pennsylvania to sign the forms."

My mom and Aunt were both notaries, she knew it wasn't legal to notarize out of state. Or she is blindingly stupid. She knew it wasn't legal to notarize without the people there. You may be able to dispute the he said, she said of this, but she committed fraud. Given this, I believe the other allegations. She committed fraud.It was found invalid, by the court.

We will have to agree to disagree. I found his actions during and after filming, his gaslighting, and his parents actions to be abusive. B being a bitch doesn't excuse any of their actions. Just like a woman wearing a mini dress doesn't excuse a rapist.

I still don't understand. You stated both his parents forged documents to try to steal from her. What did both of his parents forge?  The notary was invalid. What was forged exactly? 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she did willingly notarize the papers but that doesn't mean she knew she was breaking a law doing it or that she did it for nefarious reasons.

 

But do we know that she didn't not know? No.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SCS said:

 

But do we know that she didn't not know? No.

Mrs. Hoppy never said one word against Bethenny, not one. She wasn't rude, mean, nasty, dismissive or cold to her, she always treated Bethenny kindly/lovingly, so I do doubt that she did anything illegally intentionally. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Mrs. Hoppy never said one word against Bethenny, not one. She wasn't rude, mean, nasty, dismissive or cold to her, she always treated Bethenny kindly/lovingly, so I do doubt that she did anything illegally intentionally. 

 

Be that as it may, people can do surprising things when their cubs are involved and Jason is nothing if not her little cub. Also as smores astutely points out:

 

1 hour ago, smores said:

The problem is, when you do something for your career, it's your JOB to know the legalities of doing it.  If you purchase insurance from an agent and then when you need to make a claim against the policy you discover that the policy they sold you is invalid because it is not offered in your particular state, it is still the responsibility of the insurance agent to make you whole.  Maybe they made a legitimate mistake, but, the onus is on them to know the technicalities and rules that govern their field.  Mrs Hoppy is required to know the rules regarding notarizing documents, and in this case, it can't just be chalked up to "she didn't mean to break a law"  She DID break the law.  Mean to or not, she has a professional responsibility to know the rules.  

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size