Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

I guess it was more important to him to get shared custody then it was to tear down the mother of his daughter in a public court testimony

Yeah, no. That isn't something I would guess with regards to Jason.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

... or maybe Jason accepted Bethenny's terms in order to avoid having to take the stand and explain why he did the rotten things she talked about. 

Bryn was a LITTLE KID.  All she knew was that her dog had been taken away from her and wouldn't be snuggled up beside her in bed that night.  To the extent that you are right and "she knew where he took Cookie," the fact that Bryn may have actually been there when Jason signed Cookie into a kennel and saw her stuck in a little cage and then had to walk out leaving her little dog behind is really only more disturbing.  It is certainly not the consoling thing you suggest, imo. 

Does it really change things much if Bryn was four when it occurred?   Seems to me that it would only be a harder thing for her to understand if she was even younger.

Bethenny was seeking "primary custody", Jason was seeking "shared custody", the final agreement was "shared".......Jason won.

Cookie sleeps and always has slept with Bethenny/where Bethenny slept, so it wasn't in "Bryn's bed" unless Bryn was sleeping with Bethenny.

1 Last thing, Bethenny has placed Cookie in a kennel before, she could not take Cookie with her every time she traveled.

25 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

You aren't sleeping in a crib at 2:9 either!  You are normally moved into a toddler bed or big girl bed between 2 and 3 years old. Bryn slept with the dog. Hoppy took the dog away. Bryn would be upset by this. 

Cookie slept with Bethenny, not Bryn, and she still sleeps in Bethenny's bed.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If we're honoring these bullshit requests, then Justin who I went to school with can demand that we all call him Juice because that's what they called him at his old school. They did not and even if they did it's because you grew up in Utah and were the hardest muthafucka they'd ever seen. Regardless, you now live in Cleveland. No one is calling you Juice. 

LOL

7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It especially bothers me to learn that (if I read it correctly) Cookie was used to sleeping with Bryn but instead of allowing that, Jason would lock her up overnight.

Cookie was not "locked up" overnight, she was "locked up" the same day Jason brought her to the pet hotel:

"Bethenny claimed: 'I found out that Jason locked Cookie in the storage unit in our apartment with her dog bed and bowl.' Later that same evening Frankel says Hoppy put Cookie in a bag and took the pooch to a dog hotel."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2644116/Bethenny-Frankel-claims-estranged-husband-Jason-Hoppy-mistreated-dog-bitter-courtroom-battle.html

3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

What makes anyone think Bryn didn't know where Cookie was, she was with Jason the entire time, so she knew where he took Cookie. This is getting ridiculous!

Frankel really knew what she was doing throwing out ambiguous, unclear accusations of animal cruelty. By the time this trial has arrived, Frankel will have convinced the jury pool that Jason turned Cookie into a Philip Treacy chapeau (which he modeled in front of Bryn while screaming "I killed Cookie! And now she's a fancy hat!") as Bethenny herself bravely raced the clock to singlehandedly discover the Skinnygirl cure for cancer -- which Jason found on a piece of paper, and then burned (the bastard).

Bethenny fucked over her daughter's sense of security by emptying the child's home of every favorite toy & favorite piece of clothing Bryn owned as revenge against Jason when she moved out -- a little girl comes home and finds her favorite jammies are gone ("distraught" was the word used at the divorce hearing) but Bryn's just a kid, so who gives a fuck?  -- WE ARE ALL COOKIE NOW. 

Jason is still a douchebag 

They're douchebag twinsies. Anybody who -- like Bethenny -- tells their partner they want a divorce in a letter shares the douchebag crown. (And she didn't even do it because she was afraid. She claims he went from nice to ice after the letter - gee, what a surprise, you toxic asshole.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny was seeking "primary custody", Jason was seeking "shared custody", the final agreement was "shared".......Jason won.

They were always going to have shared custody.  There was simply no reason for them not to.   It is totally standard for such a small child unless one of the parents is unfit in some way, or lives really far away.  I think Bethenny just used the primary custody thing as a bargaining chip and Jason was dumb enough to fall for it. She agreed to something that was going to happen anyway and Jason probably conceded something in order to get her to do what was in reality inevitable.  

In other words, he's a chump. And now that he has realized it, he's pissed, lol.  

8 minutes ago, film noire said:

Cookie was not "locked up" overnight, she was "locked up" the same day Jason brought her to the pet hotel:

Cookie should not have been locked up at all

Do the charges against Jason carry any jail time?  It would serve him right to spend a little while locked up since he thinks it's so fucking awesome, lol! 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

They're douchebag twinsies. Anybody who -- like Bethenny -- tells their partner they want a divorce in a letter shares the douchebag crown. (And she didn't even do it because she was afraid. She claims he went from nice to ice after the letter - gee, what a surprise, you toxic asshole.)

Was the letter a part of their prenup? Because I have seen clauses similar to that in prenups. It's so that one party doesn't think the marriage is over after angry arguments screaming "I want a divorce!!!!!!" or drunken Katie Maloney rage texts. The person asking for the divorce has to take the affirmative step of letting the other party know that the marriage is over. There is often a requirement that it be in a certified letter. It's super helpful in determine how length the marriage and estrangement.

For example  in Tom Cruise's divorce he alleged that they separated a couple months before their 10th wedding anniversary. Nicole had contrary evidence of all of the social (dinner parties, hanging out with friends, and vacations) and work engagements that they'd attended together during their "separation."

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Was the letter a part of their prenup? Because I have seen clauses similar to that in prenups. It's so that one party doesn't think the marriage is over after angry arguments screaming "I want a divorce!!!!!!" or drunken Katie Maloney rage texts. The person asking for the divorce has to take the affirmative step of letting the other party know that the marriage is over. There is often a requirement that it be in a certified letter. It's super helpful in determine how length the marriage and estrangement.

For example  in Tom Cruise's divorce he alleged that they separated a couple months before their 10th wedding anniversary. Nicole had contrary evidence of all of the social (dinner parties, hanging out with friends, and vacations) and work engagements that they'd attended together during their "separation."

But a prenup doesn't mean she can't tell him to his face,  and also send the letter. It's a dick move to do that to someone  -- especially only months after they miscarried their second baby -- just brutal.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL

"Bethenny claimed: 'I found out that Jason locked Cookie in the storage unit in our apartment with her dog bed and bowl.' Later that same evening Frankel says Hoppy put Cookie in a bag and took the pooch to a dog hotel."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2644116/Bethenny-Frankel-claims-estranged-husband-Jason-Hoppy-mistreated-dog-bitter-courtroom-battle.html

Frankel really knew what she was doing throwing out ambiguous, unclear accusations of animal cruelty. By the time this trial has arrived, Frankel will have convinced the jury pool that Jason turned Cookie into a Philip Treacy chapeau (which he modeled in front of Bryn while screaming "I killed Cookie! And now she's a fancy hat!") as Bethenny herself bravely raced the clock to singlehandedly discover the Skinnygirl cure for cancer -- which Jason found on a piece of paper, and then burned (the bastard).

Bethenny fucked over her daughter's sense of security by emptying the child's room of every favorite toy & favorite piece of clothing Bryn owned as revenge against Jason when she moved out -- a little girl comes home and finds her favorite jammies are gone, but Bryn's just a kid, so who gives a fuck?  -- WE ARE ALL COOKIE NOW.

DEAD.

My, uh, alternate history is that Bethenny took Cookie post-divorce to a YoFo-approved psychiatrist specializing in "recovered memory" therapy during which it was uncovered that ACTUALLY Jason attempted to sacrifice Cookie in a satanic panic black mass inside that storage unit. 

2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

What makes anyone think Bryn didn't know where Cookie was, she was with Jason the entire time, so she knew where he took Cookie. This is getting ridiculous!

This is turning into straight-up fan fiction. But "who needs facts when you have feelings?"

• Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, lunastartron said:

My, uh, alternate history is that Bethenny took Cookie post-divorce to a YoFo-approved psychiatrist specializing in "recovered memory" therapy during which it was uncovered that ACTUALLY Jason attempted to sacrifice Cookie in a satanic panic black mass inside that storage unit. 

I think I saw black wax on the shelving in the storage space -- and this - the dreaded puppy pentagram!!

satanic circle.jpg

This is turning into straight-up fan fiction. 

LOL

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jason turned Cookie into a Philip Treacy chapeau 

Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't go all Mr. Burns on Cookie. "Hey Brynn, wanna see my vest?"

Now that is some serious fan fiction.

But "who needs facts when you have feelings?"

Yes, who indeed...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 8

Forgive me because I never get the "primary custody" deal with Bryn and why it was such a terrible thing for Beth to ask for. I know that more and more men are asking for and being granted more when it comes to custody, but don't the vast majority of women still seek primary custody? Does anyone know the stats on this? The split deal is seen more and more, but I don't know any divorced couples who have this type of arrangement, and since my people are lousy with marriage and commitment, I see a lot of divorce. I can only imagine if right up front Beth had said "hell yea he can have the kid 50% of the time. I don't mind". Not that there would be anything at all wrong with this, but I can imagine Beth would be labeled in all kinds of ways had she been open to only having Bryn half of the time. Is this what Beth "did" to Jason? That she wanted primary custody of her daughter? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

They were always going to have shared custody.  There was simply no reason for them not to.   It is totally standard for such a small child unless one of the parents is unfit in some way, or lives really far away.  I think Bethenny just used the primary custody thing as a bargaining chip and Jason was dumb enough to fall for it. She agreed to something that was going to happen anyway and Jason probably conceded something in order to get her to do what was in reality inevitable.  

In other words, he's a chump. And now that he has realized it, he's pissed, lol.  

Cookie should not have been locked up at all

Do the charges against Jason carry any jail time?  It would serve him right to spend a little while locked up since he thinks it's so fucking awesome, lol! 

No, they were not "always" going to have shared custody. The custody judge even told/advised Bethenny to change her demand from primary to shared weeks earlier and she refused, that is until she smeared Jason in open court. Then before his attorney could question her or for Jason to take the stand and tell his side, she agreed to his demands, shared custody. Bethenny settled, Jason got what he asked for....shared custody. 

4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Forgive me because I never get the "primary custody" deal with Bryn and why it was such a terrible thing for Beth to ask for. I know that more and more men are asking for and being granted more when it comes to custody, but don't the vast majority of women still seek primary custody? Does anyone know the stats on this? The split deal is seen more and more, but I don't know any divorced couples who have this type of arrangement, and since my people are lousy with marriage and commitment, I see a lot of divorce. I can only imagine if right up front Beth had said "hell yea he can have the kid 50% of the time. I don't mind". Not that there would be anything at all wrong with this, but I can imagine Beth would be labeled in all kinds of ways had she been open to only having Bryn half of the time. Is this what Beth "did" to Jason? That she wanted primary custody of her daughter? 

Having "primary" custody gives that parent the right to make all the decisions for the child, be it schooling, medical or what state the child lives in, they make all the legal decisions for the child. Bethenny wanted to move to LA and the only way she could do that with Bryn is if Jason agreed or by having sole or primary legal custody of Bryn. Jason refused to allow Bryn to move out of state, so Bethenny tried to do it through custody. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Having "primary" custody gives that parent the right to make all the decisions for the child, be it schooling, medical or what state the child lives in, they make all the legal decisions for the child. Bethenny wanted to move to LA and the only way she could do that with Bryn is if Jason agreed or by having sole or primary legal custody of Bryn. Jason refused to allow Bryn to move out of state, so Bethenny tried to do it through custody. 

But my question is, is it unusual for a woman (or a man) to ask for this? Is it somehow shocking or unusual? 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But my question is, is it unusual for a woman (or a man) to ask for this? Is it somehow shocking or unusual? 

I think many ask for it in the beginning as a bargaining maneuver, Bethenny, though, wanted it so that she/Bryn could move to LA, something she knew Jason would not agree to, so the only way to achieve that was by going for either sole or primary custody. She had no grounds to get "sole custody", in which she would have shut Jason completely out of Bryn's life had she gotten it, so she changed it to "primary custody" so she could make her desired move, she pressed hard for it and lost. In other words, this was all about Bethenny's personal needs/wants and not about what was best for Bryn.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Of course it is not unusual, especially at time of filing for parties to ask for the moon. Usually when a party asks and pursues such a thing as far as trial there is significant evidence it is in the best interests of the child to have one parent have primary custody.  It is the idea that it went so far as to go to trial and then in many people's estimation, Bethenny got her story out and then caved and agreed to exactly what Jason had wanted at time of trial.   

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Of course it is not unusual, especially at time of filing for parties to ask for the moon. Usually when a party asks and pursues such a thing as far as trial there is significant evidence it is in the best interests of the child to have one parent have primary custody.  It is the idea that it went so far as to go to trial and then in many people's estimation, Bethenny got her story out and then caved and agreed to exactly what Jason had wanted at time of trial.   

When you look at the timeline of the custody battle you will notice that the judge advised Bethenny to amend her request for primary custody a couple of weeks before they were scheduled to go to trial, Bethenny refused. IMO, her lawyers finally got her to understand she wasn't going to get her way this time so she decided to do as much damage to Jason as she could before she agreed to joint custody, hence her testifying against him then immediately settling, it was her way to punish him for not giving into her. Bethenny is very, very vindictive. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

But Jason can get his story - if he has one to tell - out at any time. IF there are things that Beth has done that he believes makes her unfit as a parent, or just a horrendous person, he can certainly say these things. He doesn't have to be in a court room to do it. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Apparently according to the testimony, she said in the apartment. However, was Cookie used to being in that space?  What was the motive behind sticking Cookie in there?  I don't trust people who don't treat animals well. 

See, and I think a lot of this explains why his behavior has been escalating. Some of it is just sticking it to Bethenny but I think an underlying cause of it is money. When you get to the root cause of most nasty divorces, it is money. His lifestyle has had to change drastically and he is lashing out. He needs people around him (family, friends, lawyers) to sit there and tell him to back off. If it was just one incident then I would just brush it off but with there being multiple incidents then that makes it more suspicious and lends credibility to these accusations. 

I think a lot of it is also that it was coming from Lu. She doesn't have that type of relationship with Lu and let's face it...  Lu tends to be preachy and holier than thou. Lu also doesn't always wait for the right moment to tell someone. It has to be the right person at the right time in the right place. 

Am I a board buddy?  LOL. 

Yes, Board Buddies Unite!

magichatlovegifstumblr.gif

Jason Hoppy is a douchebag.

Douchebag Hoppy Sr roaming around Bethenny's apartment

75b6cef922f640e4d72d5eeab430c1c7.gif

• Love 6
8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

You aren't sleeping in a crib at 2:9 either!  You are normally moved into a toddler bed or big girl bed between 2 and 3 years old. Bryn slept with the dog. Hoppy took the dog away. Bryn would be upset by this. 

Just an observation but doesn't two years and nine months fall in the "between 2 and 3 years old" range?

My point was the child has not slept with the dog her entire life.  I don't believe for say the first two years of her life the dog was dropped into the crib with her.  She also didn't sleep with the dog when she was in Mexico or any number of other places where the family vacationed because the dog wasn't there..  We are discussing one night out of the child's life and it just seems everything is so dramatic.  Once Bethenny and Cookie moved out the child didn't sleep with dog when she was with her father.  I would think the rougher adjustment would have been mom being gone on vacations to Hong Kong, St. Tropez, St Barth, or when mom and dad moved into separate bedrooms or mom moved out and again when Dad moved out of the only home she had ever known.  (I don't think anyone should be required to keep a home so the child or the dog is forced to experience a move.)

Bethenny never alleged in court the child being separated from the dog for the night was traumatic for the child, she just went on how it affected her not knowing for several hours exactly where her dog was. 

24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Car Trunks are also storage areas

OMG - Jason threw Cookie in the trunk of a car - what a douchebag!

How many cars do you suppose Bethenny had inside her apartment? 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I just want to know the specifics.

I don't care about lawyerin' or the technicalities or loopholes that will be thrown into the courtroom ring. I'm sure this will be happening on both sides.

I'm am salivating to find out the content of those emails and other particulars that outline the behavior for which he is being tried for.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna be rolling my eyes but if she produces some "Well Daayyaamn" information then I'm more than ready to Tsk Tsk Jason all the way to his very sentencing. (If that's how it goes)

I still won't have any sympathy for Beth though.  I really just think she's despicable so I hate to say it but my interest in the outcome only has to do with me being nosy and about  how I'll feel about Jason from now on. 

It probably still won't reach the level of disgust that I feel for Beth but it will have an affect.

But those damn feelings tho..... who needs to wait for a trial before coming to an absolute decision?

I mean....

LOL

I gotta say I like your honesty, Yours Truly; it's refreshing.

Like viewers who think Bethenny is awful based on what they have seen on tv, I don't think I need a trial to have the opinion that Jason is a dick.  I feel justified in that opinion because a) what difference does it make -- his liberty is not at stake based on the opinion of a middle-aged reality tv viewer and b) he's actually shown himself to have a dickish side on the very same tv.

How likely is it that Bethenny is lying about the content of his emails?  Not very, I think, because while she may be a lot of things, she is not stupid and would have to know that her claims about what he wrote can be easily verified.  And yes, context matters, but is there a way to put "she is pure evil" in a neutral light? I mean, I feel some of these objections defy common sense.

If she is shown to have lied about the content of the emails or manufactured them in some way, that will, no doubt, change my opinion of her; heck, I may even start to think of her as "evil" myself.  But if the "You've been warned/I will not stop" shit is verified, that alone should be plenty enough for reasonable people to see that this man has some anger and control issues that fall outside the range of normal.   

For me, and assuming we get to actually learn much about it, the opinion that's actually at risk is my overall opinion of Bethenny.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But Jason can get his story - if he has one to tell - out at any time. IF there are things that Beth has done that he believes makes her unfit as a parent, or just a horrendous person, he can certainly say these things. He doesn't have to be in a court room to do it. 

I believe the biggest divide between the parties is once the marriage went south, Jason did not want a public profile and did not want one for Bryn.  I am certain those who are close to Jason and matter to him have heard his side as far as the rest of the world, he may be displaying some mature parenting skills by not revealing his perceived flaws of his child's mother for the world to pick through. 

I have no doubt that Jason has been approached by numerous news/tabloid outlets to get his story out and has turned down those offers.  Sometimes it is not a bad thing to have one if not both parents think of the long range future of the child.  Jason has some pretty up close and personal experience with Bethenny going public in a very negative way about her parents and I can't imagine he ever wants his daughter to do such a thing or by flawed example make her growing up public.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

She creates her own drama and sadly people fall for it.

Jason is the everlasting bad guy while Beth is forever the victim.

This is how I feel about Jason and Beth's whole existence in a nutshell.

It's funny you say that because using my filter, it's exactly opposite. It's poor, saintly, long suffering, only-the-best-intentions! Jason vs. Evil Monster Bethenny Frankel. 

Filters, people, filters. 

Side bar -- The "feelings vs evidence" thing is starting to take on a "Elaine and Suzy, Suzy and Elaine" quality -- any other Seinfeld fans out there?

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, WireWrap said:

I am sure some view her using a BEC lens

my Mister (who is not that old, so not sure why he's such a "dad" sometimes...well he's a dad, but...) does not understand the usage of that phrase whatsoever.  When my friends & I start talking crap about someone, he says "look at you bitches, eating crackers!"

and I'm like "no no no WE'RE not the ones eating the crackers..."

yeah, he does *not* get it at all...

• Love 8

Jason has some pretty up close and personal experience with Bethenny going public in a very negative way about her parents and I can't imagine he ever wants his daughter to do such a thing

Not sure I see the correlation between Bethenny vs. Jason and Bryn doing the same when she grows up.

• Love 4

I'm not sure about Jason - Super Douche wanted to keep a low profile and be out of the public eye when he set up his Bumble profile

rs_634x1129-160831113110-634.Jason-Hoppy

The profile lists his age, profession, college alma mater, and a very minimal bio that reads: "Lover of sports. Judger of narcissism. Downtown living with small town spirit."

The dating profile also includes a few photos of Hoppy that are mainly paparazzi shots and one split picture of the former reality star sporting a serious 'stache and thick-frame glasses alongside none other than Ron Burgundy.

rs_600x600-160831175452-600a.Jason-Hoppy

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

OMG - Jason threw Cookie in the trunk of a car - what a douchebag!

By end of day, this will be cited as proof, KungFu Bunny!:) 

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I have no doubt that Jason has been approached by numerous news/tabloid outlets to get his story out and has turned down those offers.  

I'm sure he's been approached -- but even if he did release it to the press, people would dismiss it as not as trustworthy as Bethenny's testimony, given under oath.  

1 hour ago, teapot said:

When my friends & I start talking crap about someone, he says "look at you bitches, eating crackers!"

That is hilarious!

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm not sure about Jason - Super Douche wanted to keep a low profile and be out of the public eye when he set up his Bumble profile

The profile lists his age, profession, college alma mater, and a very minimal bio that reads: "Lover of sports. Judger of narcissism. Downtown living with small town spirit."

The dating profile also includes a few photos of Hoppy that are mainly paparazzi shots and one split picture of the former reality star sporting a serious 'stache and thick-frame glasses alongside none other than Ron Burgundy.

That bio ... judger of narcissism...for the love of mike!

Is that a crafty way of saying the narcrsissist I am of course talking about, is not my ex-wife, Bethenny, but of course, fictional character Ron Burgundy... for some reason.  But not Bethenny. Definitely not Bethenny. wink, wink.  Someone please explain it to me.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, film noire said:

By end of day, this will be cited as proof, KungFu Bunny!:) 

I'm sure he's been approached -- but even if he did release it to the press, people would dismiss it as not as trustworthy as Bethenny's testimony, given under oath.  

That is hilarious!

"By the end of the day??  Aw come on Film Noire, you know that is absurd.  Like I'm going to make it past noon! Be realistic!

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

"By the end of the day??  Aw come on Film Noire, you know that is absurd.  Like I'm going to make it past noon! Be realistic!

LOL -- too right, Jel, I'm a naif!  ; )

(And please excuse the noise, I have to eat my lunch before it gets stale!)

crackers.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
On 6/11/2017 at 8:10 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not saying the content doesn't matter in a legal sense. Of course it does. What I am saying is that the content won't change many minds of folks that don't like Beth, save for him actually threatening her life, which I don't believe he would do (well, not in emails that he is sending to everyone and their dog). It won't matter how hateful and vindictive he is, or the sheer number of emails, IMO. There will always be the "she deserves" it crowd, or the "she likes to dish it out but cannot take it" crowd". The "why doesn't she just ignore it" crowd. Or worse, the "she drove it to him" crowd. Beth said something interesting in this episode. She said something like (totally paraphrasing) "I'm just afraid that people are never going to actually understand what my ex has done". She understands that his behavior is always just under the radar to an extent. That it's just for her, designed only to push her buttons and drive her mad. But that he will be careful in the ways that he does it. She understands that she is extremely polarizing, that her words are often filled with hyperbole. He understands it too and is careful in the way that he does things. But I do think he is escalating and taking more risks as he does so. 

Calling her by her mothers name is a perfect example.  Many folks were horrified, others thought that a person who called someone else a whore should have thicker skin. But Jason gets it, and Beth gets it. She knows that he knows her well, that in their intimacy of long ago days she shared with him feelings about her mother, and probably fears of her own ability to mother based on that relationship. It's something that only a person who had a terrible relationship with their own mother and has a daughter of her own really gets. The constant fear that you will turn into your mother. Folks often say (in general and around here) that your own relationship with your mother will be a predictor of the relationship you will have with your daughter. I always heard that growing up and it drove almost everything that happened with me and my own daughter. The fear that my punishment for the way I felt about my mom would be thrown back at me in the way my daughter felt about me. That's what people said would happen and it is a terrifying notion. I am sure that it terrifies Beth, and Jason knows it. Calling her by her mothers name is a great way to stoke that fear. 

For me, what I wanted to see was if those 160 emails were back-and-forth emails where each is responding to the other and pissing each other off, or if he's sent 160 emails and meanwhile, Bethenny's sent like 10. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

For me, what I wanted to see was if those 160 emails were back-and-forth emails where each is responding to the other and pissing each other off, or if he's sent 160 emails and meanwhile, Bethenny's sent like 10. 

I will be very surprised if it's anything close to a 50/50 split or something, just because no one in their right mind would construe that as stalking or harassment. And if she did claim that he was harassing her by sending so many emails when she sent the same number, she'd come off as nutso.

I guess we'll find out. Maybe.

In the meantime, how about that Jason putting Cookie in the trunk of his car because he didn't want her in the apartment.  (Winky face!)

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

I have wondered if he was just ignored.  I mean I get not getting a response to a cc'd e-mail.  The idea is you are letting the person know what you are communicating to the primary recipient.

• Love 7

I heard that Cookie was dressed up like Giggy and  tossed into Jason's underwear drawer after being thrown into the clothes drier with Bethenny's delicates..  This came from a very reliable source who also saw Tom getting a blow job from Sonja at the Regency. Also, Jason and Tom are having an affair.

People can just keep reporting bullshit as truth.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

I wouldn't put it past him.

@Jel, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO.

Edited by film noire
lucysplaining came first! because she had no agency and had to explain every move she made....hey, wait a minute...)
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I heard that Cookie was dressed up like Giggy and  tossed into Jason's underwear drawer after being thrown into the clothes drier with Bethenny's delicates..  This came from a very reliable source who also saw Tom getting a blow job from Sonja at the Regency. Also, Jason and Tom are having an affair.

People can just keep reporting bullshit as truth.

Well, I mean ... a reliable source. I don't think People has to disclose their source. Do they?  ;-)  :D

• Love 4

Also, Jason and Tom are having an affair.

Dang, the rumors about Jason were true after all...Luann will need to tighten that leash even more.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Dang, the rumors about Jason were true after all...Luann will need to tighten that leash even more.

Oh yeah. That's probably the reason she's been seen buying different kinds of leashes recently.  I thought they were for her dog.  lol I'm wrong again ... wrong dog.

With technology the way it is .... next purchase will probably be one of those that shocks Tom when he is within a block of the Regency.  

Ohhhh... a new HW business venture !

• Love 3

Or, she'll inject Tom with an internal GPS system that, via the app, sends a warning to Luann's phone anytime he visits areas she put on the warning list.

That should be Luann's new business venture. Tom won't just be her dog, he will be her product development guinea pig ;)

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Or, she'll inject Tom with an internal GPS system that, via the app, sends a warning to Luann's phone anytime he visits areas she put on the warning list.

That should be Luann's new business venture. Tom won't just be her dog, he will be her product development guinea pig ;)

Instead of the LoJack, it will be the LuJack!

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/21/2017 at 9:42 AM, Jel said:

I gotta say I like your honesty, Yours Truly; it's refreshing.

Like viewers who think Bethenny is awful based on what they have seen on tv, I don't think I need a trial to have the opinion that Jason is a dick.  I feel justified in that opinion because a) what difference does it make -- his liberty is not at stake based on the opinion of a middle-aged reality tv viewer and b) he's actually shown himself to have a dickish side on the very same tv.

How likely is it that Bethenny is lying about the content of his emails?  Not very, I think, because while she may be a lot of things, she is not stupid and would have to know that her claims about what he wrote can be easily verified.  And yes, context matters, but is there a way to put "she is pure evil" in a neutral light? I mean, I feel some of these objections defy common sense.

If she is shown to have lied about the content of the emails or manufactured them in some way, that will, no doubt, change my opinion of her; heck, I may even start to think of her as "evil" myself.  But if the "You've been warned/I will not stop" shit is verified, that alone should be plenty enough for reasonable people to see that this man has some anger and control issues that fall outside the range of normal.   

For me, and assuming we get to actually learn much about it, the opinion that's actually at risk is my overall opinion of Bethenny.

I just think "being a dick" is being catapulted to something that infringes too much on his life and has turned into a circus of Petty.

I just think there's something a bit sick and petty about Beth being as damaging and nasty and downright cruel as she has shown to be and then having some expectation that Jason won't have any negative reactions himself.

I don't really think Jason has risen to anything that doesn't make sense considering the circumstances. Eventually when pushed far enough people push back and I think Jason lost his sense of boundaries after such a long battle.

Too me this all seems like Beth thinks it's okay to behave in damaging ways trying to AFFECT someone else's life and then being completely outraged when she gets the reaction she desires.

I don't see this is a "blame the victim" view. There is also something very wrong when a person antagonizes you within an inch of your sanity and uses powerful weapons to do it. I believe Beth went down that path straight from jump.

I don't blindly support Beth's "fear" or "torment" or "torturous" situation because I have no doubt she has been playing the same "torment the ex" game too and think it started when she tried to dismiss and discard Jason and that marriage without planning to exit that union civilly.

Yeah, Yeah "he/she made me do it" isn't a cute reason but I like to keep it honest. If I had someone in my life that was so dismissive of my very existence and decided that it would always be their way like it or not without taking any consideration whatsoever I'd be seething too.

I think her cold approach regarding the divorce and custody set the stage for the debacle it has become and I just find it so very cruel to think you could have all the power in the dissolution of a marriage that has produced a child.

To be honest Beth reminded me of how men just one day decide they want to be out of the marriage and the wife is then left at the mercy of their soon to be ex's generosity and kindness and then having to scramble to start over and get situated in a short time when they realize that NOPE generosity and kindness and civilly is going out the window and the clock is ticking on you to make arrangements and move on.

This is the sort of distaste I would feel if Beth were a man and handled the uncoupling the same way. Jason didn't deserve to be dismissed in the way that Beth dismissed him.

All this petty stuff that's now escalated to ridiculousness is unfortunate and I think was very avoidable if we had 2 level headed people involved in this. I think there was ONE when all of this started but that deteriorated once the second level headed participant failed to arrive.

I don't have patience for people who can't compromise and meet half way and if they magically do, doing it in a bitter and mean spirited way doesn't really help matters either.

It's just such stupid lack of self control and it's such a pathetic display.

I think Beth is the bigger culprit and as time went on Jason's caught up to the petty. I just don't believe it needed to be taken this far by EITHER of them but I do think Beth's selfish stubbornness paved the way to petty town and Jason, being no saint, decided to come to town.

I get Jason wasn't perfect but I have to say from what I saw on those shows I was completely flabbergasted and utterly confused with Beth half of the time. Hey, sure, okay, be damaged and a mess but holy hell I wouldn't expect someone to know exactly what to say when faced with all of what she delivered. No, for real, it was complete chaos at times and on a good number of occasions you could see Jason like a deer in headlights trying to figure out what would be comforting. There was just no pleasing her and once he realized that all she ever wanted was for him to coddle her unconditionally whenever she was convulsing in random self induced hysterics that would come on with no warning I think that's when he started resenting the attention seeking and then being demonized for his rather average upbringing, his lack of success in calming her and how all of his inadequacies affected HER.  All this while angrily peppering him with her insecurities about what HE must think of HER damaged self. It was maddening.  I just remember thinking while watching her show "well damn, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, this bitch runs hot and cold in a millisecond and I literally can see Jasons head spinning with panic and confusion about what his next move should be". It was pretty sad to watch. Then to be told, yeah, nope after all that I'M done with YOU? Oh and I plan on having primary custody of our child to boot. Have a nice life, bye!

So yeah, I have a different take on their circumstances. The headlines don't scream as loudly to me since I did see how he once genuinely tried to make that marriage work. Mistakes and all.  And how she throw a lot of that back in his face with a thanks but no thanks.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

What's with the  Charles Nelson Reilly look? YIKES!

• Love 4
On 6/21/2017 at 9:04 AM, KungFuBunny said:

I hope he never uses this picture of himself again.  Its awful

• Love 2