Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Why was Dennis at the school on Jason's day after sending a C&D?  If he is so annoyed and disturbed by Jason mere presence why does he place himself there?  To me it sounds like people abusing the system and I do believe and have said so forever that this is a Family Court matter and these two need to accept the fact they should never have any contact or MAKE PUBLIC STATEMENTS about the other.  There are many parents out there that pay $50.00 for every child exchange because they can't play well together. One parent delivers and a court appointed person walks the child to the other parent.  Bethenny pays nothing for the prosecution of Jason but makes all the comments and just loves the attention. 

I think Bethenny pushes the boundaries and I believe Jason is uptight and is ridged he cannot step away from the Bethenny PR machine.  Neither is really criminal court material.  Take Dennis the asshole is out of the kid's life and Bethenny's.  Married Dennis knew going in that Bethenny had an acrimonious relationship with Jason.   There was Dennis with his brood and Bryn, and faking engagement pictures (while married to another woman), laughing at Bethenny berating of Luann and being the man with the private jet. 

Ding, Ding, Ding

We have a winner!!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Quinn M-who knows the most about Bethenny, said her assistants said the dog was in the storage area in the office, which is located inside the apartment.  They would come in and let the dog out in the morning.  Why would Jason be tasked with care of the dog while Bethenny was off in Hong Kong with Warren or St. Barths?  A dog Cookie's size probably needs to go outside three or four times a day.  Should Jason have been tasked with that chore? How did that become Jason's responsibility? 

I would think Bethenny would make arrangements for HER dog. 

It is similar to Betheny claiming she would have to change her clothes in the car on the way to her talk show.  First off put on what you want to wear at your apartment or at the dressing room at your talk show with your full on Glam Squad or change at your corporate apartment. This is why I find her hard to believe. 

She creates her own drama and sadly people fall for it.

Jason is the everlasting bad guy while Beth is forever the victim.

This is how I feel about Jason and Beth's whole existence in a nutshell.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, film noire said:

Okay, wait -- the friggin' storage space IS in the apartment, and Bethenny put Cookie in there every night and let her out in the morning? And Jason did it once and that's where the accusation of animal abuse is coming from? 

Oh, it might be worse than ill advised -- downright stupid in fact -- but the poster's point I was addressing was that Hoppy could not possibly have any "good intentions" in emailing Dennis. I disagree; if (for example) his kid was upset and his ex refused to listen to his concerns, then he might feel honestly driven to contact Dennis (however stupid that might be).  The contact alone is not necessarily proof of malevolent intent. 

No,  I was just flipping your example to show it applies equally to anyone (in the world! not here! : ) who has already decided who they believe,  based purely on disliking one or the other.

Funny right? But those damn feelings again..... Will get ya every time.. LOL.

I think the major issue Beth had was that he ended up taking Cookie to a doggie hotel which again seems to be some form of torment since GASP she wasn't able to stay in her own home.

I will agree it was petty at worst but emotional torture for Cookie......

...it's not reaching my Yulan Dog Festival feels of outrage. <shrug>

• Love 7

Okay, wait -- the friggin' storage space IS in the apartment, and Bethenny put Cookie in there every night and let her out in the morning? And Jason did it once and that's where the accusation of animal abuse is coming from? 

Oh, it might be worse than ill advised -- downright stupid in fact -- but the poster's point I was addressing was that Hoppy could not possibly have any "good intentions" in emailing Dennis. I disagree; if (for example) his kid was upset and his ex refused to listen to his concerns, then he might feel honestly driven to contact Dennis (however stupid that might be).  The contact alone is not necessarily proof of malevolent intent. 

No,  I was just flipping your example to show it applies equally to anyone (in the world! not here! : ) who has already decided who they believe,  based purely on disliking one or the other.

No Jason put the dog in the storage space in the office and the staff would let the dog out when they arrived. 

It is my understanding Dennis was cc'd with e-mail to Bethenny.  I don't recall reading these were separate correspondences to Shields. 

The only time I saw something that Jason that would make me question Bethenny and Dennis was the photo shoot of them looking for houses with Bryn.  They were either a serious item of they were not-according to Bethenny they were not-the world made it bigger than it was.  At some point Bethenny's various stunts-dating Eric Stonestreet, faux house hunting with Dennis, the faux engagement ring photos, seem almost as if Bathenny is gaslighting Jason.  Eric Stonestreet lives in LA and that might signal a move. 

• Love 5

Do you KNOW what happened or just one persons account of what happened?

Evidence is what I've been waiting for.

But maybe there's some disconnect from the words I'm using and how they are being received. I dunno...

So I guess that mean Jason's "assholeness" in the past shouldn't factor in as well? Great I agree. LOL.

I know facts which were made public via his arrest?

No, no disconnect, we just have difference of opinion, nothing is being received incorrectly.

Apparently, there is some disconnect from what I am saying and how it is being received. No, his being an asshole in the past shouldn't factor. His current assholeness? Definitely a factor. I guess we don't agree. LOL.

• Love 5

She creates her own drama and sadly people fall for it.

Jason is the everlasting bad guy while Beth is forever the victim.

This is how I feel about Jason and Beth's whole existence in a nutshell.

Ok, I feel like you guys are talking about me behind my back, jk.

So the dog slept with Bryn.  Bethenny was living at the corporate owned apartment and folks have said that lawyers tell you not to abandon residence that you legally have in dispute.  So she couldn't buy a new residence.  So when she didn't have custody she would go off and do business, sometimes staying over night.  Her offices were in the corporate apartment so her staff worked there M-F.  So the arrangement that Bethenny had was that Bryn got the dog regardless of how had custody.  You never saw anything on social about the dog in the closet but the day that the dog was missing and Hoppy refused to tell her staff where the dog was it hit media in odd places.  Her staff was frantic.  They thought he might have had Cookie put down.  Then after that the next court date you heard about the closet lock ins leading up to the removal and refusal of Cookie.

Then the next hearing was after the DailyMail had the pictures that showed Hoppy grabbing Bryn after school and shielding her from Bethenny and then putting her in Bethenny's car.  It was ugly and it was just pictures.  That was court hearing that talked about interference of custody and ruled they both had to stop talking to the press.  I think, just me, that Bethenny said Hoppy called the paps to take the pictures.

She didn't buy the current apartment until after a number of court dates that we don't get to know about.  So I think might have been an arrangement because Hoppy and his parents were behaving so unbelievably crass and nasty.

And that's my social media report.

• Love 11

We know he sent 170 emails in 2 months.  We know that he was the instigator in shouting at the school.  We know that he displayed and escalation.  All that was spelled out in the charges.

We know that the prosecution wanted a permanent RO and anger management in the plea deal.

So it's not like math where 2+2=4 but this man is not working with a clean conscience.  His behavior concerns the prosecution.  So it concerns me.  I think the biggest thing the whole dog incident says is that he will use a dog to hurt his ex.  And that is the kind of thing that law enforcement looks at to decide if he would use his daughter to hurt his ex. 

If he ends up not guilty on all charges then I will reassess.  We'll know all kinds of details on why 170 emails etc.  If he ends up guilty on one of the lesser charges then I'll look to see what the judge does at sentencing.  Judges routinely hit someone with a hard sentence if they thing the jury let them off easy.  If the judge gives him a routine sentence then I say they are are trying to stop this before it reaches the point that Bethenny already thinks it's reached.

Regardless, past behavior indicates he's a jerk.  He can be innocent of all charges but I think he's a jerk.

Next will be another child custody hearing that we don't get to hear and that's when Bethenny asks for rules on how they communicate and how they contact Bryn on non-custodial days.  This will never end.

• Love 9

Jerks manage to raise children everyday.

I think what has created this sillyness and escalation of stupidity is the need to make everything a big deal.

It's all about THE NERVE of someone being unkind.

The back and forth Jason and Beth have is childish and ridiculous and reeks of obnoxious self centeredness on both ends.

The need to be in complete control when neither has the right is what is truly the most offensive issue at hand.

Children trying to raise a child and pulling out stupid angry and spiteful interactions as something criminal when most of it could be avoided if they would stop baiting each other.

Get over the fact that ya'll don't like each other and get over the fact the the other person isn't required to have nice things to say about you.

It's such a waste of both of their time. Time that should be spent raising Brynn.

I personally think, on Jason's side it started with him being on edge based off of the fact that Beth decided to play dirty with Brynn as a lot of mothers think they have a right to do.

After all this time I now think it's at a level of inappropriateness and I think it's an absolute shame that it has come to this and even worse that it doesn't show any sign of it getting better.

I mean shit, what the fuck is so hard about keeping shit simple and not lashing out, making things worse. They are BOTH contributing to the ugliness. It's pathetic when grown ups can't compromise and accept a certain amount discomfort to move forward.

The reason I believe Beth is more at fault is because she's just very mean spirited and takes pleasure in the pain, hurt and humiliation of others. SEEN IT. Felt the nasty intentions straight through my TV screen. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

I think his escalation of agitation is actually understandable. Not saying it means he can break the law, be threatening or aggressive just that considering the circumstances I too would grow increasingly frustrated and may begin to act out. At least there is a genuine human reason for the progression and his reactions.  Jason may be a jerk and pulled some assholes moves in all of this but for the life of me I never got a true "I need to completely inflict absolute pain and suffering" vibe from him.

From Beth?

Yeah....

So sue me.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Her staff was frantic.  They thought he might have had Cookie put down. 

OK, now on this point I have to say overreaction on the part of BF and, by extension, her staff.* Private vets, animal clinics et al don't put dogs down because someone marches in and requests it -- there has to be a medically documented need (or in the case of a dangerous dog, a legal or public safety need**).

I don't dispute that Jason hiding the dog was an asshole move (the storage unit thing I'm on the fence about as more verifiable location info would be nice), but thinking he had Cookie euthanized? Only in Bethenny's overly dramatic mind.

*Not directed at you, QuinnM, but at the cyclonic lunacy that J&B have created. And both are responsible. 

**unoffically called The Kingsley Statute ;-D

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

It is my understanding Dennis was cc'd with e-mail to Bethenny.  I don't recall reading these were separate correspondences to Shields. 

Thanks for the info - I know Hoppy emailed Dennis' lawyer, so I thought he'd also emailed Dennis separately.

1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Ok, I feel like you guys are talking about me behind my back, jk.

Ha! 

I'm still unclear -- sorry ; ) -- did Bethenny put Cookie in the storage space of the office at the corporate apartment?

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2

I'm still unclear -- sorry ; ) -- did Bethenny put Cookie in the storage space of the office at the corporate apartment?

The word from her staff on social media when they were searching for Cookie was that she had previously been hidden in the storage space on occasion.  So I'm thinking it wasn't in the apartment.  It's NYC, no one has that much space in an apartment.  Not even Beyonce.   But we don't really know because we got one day of testimony and then they settled before her staff testified.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

The word from her staff on social media when they were searching for Cookie was that she had previously been hidden in the storage space on occasion.  

Jesus, this is complicated ;)  So Bethenny (or at least her assistants) knew Jason (presumably Jason) had placed Cookie in the storage space - either at the corporate apartment or the loft, that we don't know for sure - before the event mentioned at the divorce proceedings - that's the timeline?

(edited)
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Jesus, this is complicated ;)  So Bethenny (or at least her assistants) knew Jason (presumably Jason) had placed Cookie in the storage space - either at the corporate apartment or the loft, that we don't know for sure - before the event mentioned at the divorce proceedings - that's the timeline?

No Bethenny's office in the Tribeca place-the one she shared with Jason, Bryn and Cookie.  Jason would have no reason to go to Bethenny's corporate offices.  For over a year after Bethenny filed for divorce she lived in the Tribeca apartment with her dog, Jason and Bryn.  She moved out in March of 2014.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The word from her staff on social media when they were searching for Cookie was that she had previously been hidden in the storage space on occasion.  So I'm thinking it wasn't in the apartment.  It's NYC, no one has that much space in an apartment.  Not even Beyonce.   But we don't really know because we got one day of testimony and then they settled before her staff testified.

I would bet money on it. The dog could not have been  hidden in the apartment, one yell "Cookie" and the dog would have barked like crazy!  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

would have no reason to go to Bethenny's corporate offices.  For over a year after Bethenny filed for divorce she lived in the Tribeca apartment with

The only offices she had were in the corporate apartment in TriBeCa. This is the apartment Jason fought for ownership. There were no other offices. After she moved out she bought the space that her staff now works in.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

At the time Jason's stalking began, his divorce attorney was done. His divorce attorney got paid. I doubt Jason went to his divorce attorney because he knew what he was doing was wrong and this was not about Brynn. This was about using Brynn as a pawn to get more money out of Bethenny.

Jason is pissed because he realized how little he ended up getting in the divorce settlement. The spousal support - $12K a month for 4 years had to be paid back. During much of the divorce proceedings Bethenny paid his lawyer fees, again this had to be paid back. The divorce attorney got a percentage of the settlement.

Jeez, somehow I missed that he had to pay back the 12k/month for 4 years. That's a lot of money to have to pay back when you're not rolling in dough. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

No Jason put the dog in the storage space in the office and the staff would let the dog out when they arrived. 

So now the claim is the dog was actually put where she was put every night?  In a storage PLACE. In the office.   Right. That makes no sense whatsoever. Bethany stated that Jason locked cookie in the storage unit. There is no storage place in the office .  

There is no storage unit or space in the apartment or office. 

• Love 2
On 6/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, Happy Camper said:

Bethenny's own words;

'Listen, it's a struggle, and like any struggle, you push through it and move forward,' Frankel told Good Morning America.

'I'm going through something very difficult. And you know what? Every dark cloud has a silver lining. I do have a beautiful daughter and I have a lot of things to be thankful and grateful for.'

It's OK for her to say it, but not for Luann to say it.

Timing is everything.  She was clearly very upset at the time Luann was telling her this and B was not in the space to hear it.  I have been super upset about crazy stuff and people just need to let me be at that moment and listen or not.  No platitudes about what I have to be happy for, no silver lining, no pep talks.  Let me work through it and when I am calm I will agree with you.   Its am emotional storm that needs to blow through.

Because she had an unhappy childhood I would think she tries her best to keep things from Bryn re Jason but I could be wrong.  I know it really bugs the shit out of people when she says she was raised by wolves because those wolves had money, took her places, sent her to boarding school etc.  My sisters and I say the same things about our parents.  Yes we lived with them and yes by appearances we were normal.  What people didn't see is what happened at home.  Parents that were neglectful and selfish yet we still loved them.  Its a complicated mix.  When we say this to be clear we are NOT saying we were actually raised by canines.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

The only offices she had were in the corporate apartment in TriBeCa. This is the apartment Jason fought for ownership. There were no other offices. After she moved out she bought the space that her staff now works in.

There is a home office on the TriBeCa apartment, didn't look very used based on pictures. No storage space in the home office. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Lemons said:

It's not the size that matters. I wouldn't  mind putting my dog in a small room in my apartment or my small bathroom. It's the fact that it's not in the dog's apartment and he has never been there before and was nervous at best, terrified at worst .

I would lose control if I left  my little Yorkie at home only to find him down the hall in the storage unit.  Everyone has different ideas about their dogs, but Jason knew that Bethany treated her dog like a child and that would upset her .    

I have a cat we adopted that is quite nervous around new things.  He was feral and then turned into a great housecat BUT he wets himself when stressed.  I know my other two are just fine and can roll with the punches.  This one?  Nope.  So while Pippi and Riggs would be just fine and climbing those shelves Napolean would be in the corner wet and growly.  Cookie is a 'special' dog and is not a roll with the punches pooch as we have seen.  Plus she is older so you treat her more gently.  You cannot treat all animals the same but you have to treat them as they are.  This was the home of Bethenny, Jason, Brynn and Cookie.  Bethenny was not home and had the expectation that her dog would be welcome in the home she knew.  As she should have!  If Jason's parents had a problem with her or Jason was just being a dick put Cookie with Brynn.  Not in an extra large closet alone.  Her people were not around.  This was ALL about Jason hurting Bethenny the only way he could at the moment.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

Jeez, somehow I missed that he had to pay back the 12k/month for 4 years. That's a lot of money to have to pay back when you're not rolling in dough. 

Probably not since it didn't happen.  Bethenny is suing the attorney for her loss.  You can't collect twice for the same loss.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I get it -- the "corporate owned" phrase was throwing me off -- you're talking about the home they shared at 195 Hudson (while married and while divorcing) that has a storage space in the home office (per Bethenny) or on the same floor (per the listings) or in the basement (per whomever ;)  

And according to her assistants, on social media, Jason placed Cookie in a storage space at 195 Hudson before:

The word from her staff on social media when they were searching for Cookie was that she had previously been hidden in the storage space on occasion.  

So if it happened a few times before, do you know if Bethenny ever warned Jason to not leave Cookie in that space? Or was it something Cookie was used to? (Either in the home office, or in the private storage room in the hall.)  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Yep, he had to pay it back.

The dumb douchebag was greedy. Had he settled earlier he would have made out like a bandit and no one would have been wiser about the trust - he'd probably be still living there. He was entitled to nothing according to the pre-nup and he turned down 2 upped offers from Bethenny's attorneys.

He got temporary spousal support even though the pre-nup he signed said he would get nothing - once that was straightened out and the pre-nup was deemed valid - he had to pay it all back.

He also had to pay back the lawyer fees which at the year 2015 was 700K.

Now he did not pay her a check. It was the settlement less the spousal support of 4 years, less the lawyers fees she paid up front. Once his lawyer took his percentage of the gross settlement - Jason didn't have much left.

Hence the issue with his other property - he already had one mortgage and he took a second mortgage of 750K. Had he been flush with money from the divorce he wouldn't have had to do this.

Jason is such a douchebag

giphy.gif

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Probably not since it didn't happen.  Bethenny is suing the attorney for her loss.  You can't collect twice for the same loss.

Bethenny is not suing her lawyers in an attempt to double dip on collecting the money Jason has already repaid her via an offset on their settlement.

She is suing her lawyers for malpractice for fucking up the trust in the first place and causing her divorce to drag out for four years while they haggled over that apartment. 

So the insinuation that her lawsuit against her lawyers is somehow proof that Jason didn't have to repay her for staying in the apartment would appear to be off base.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny is not suing her lawyers in an attempt to double dip on collecting the money Jason has already repaid her via an offset on their settlement.

She is suing her lawyers for malpractice for fucking up the trust in the first place and causing her divorce to drag out for four years while they haggled over that apartment. 

So the insinuation that her lawsuit against her lawyers is somehow proof that Jason didn't have to repay her for staying in the apartment would appear to be off base.

Bethenny is suing the lawyer that set up the trust - someone who was "friends" with Jason.

That lawyer was not her divorce attorney

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I understand that. She is suing the attorneys who set up the trust because their negligence caused her to incur excessive fees with her divorce attorneys. 

Yup! I was agreeing with you.

Also this lawyer she is suing is not the lawyer she used to buy that apartment.

Jason is such a douchebag

giphy.gif

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I think the major issue Beth had was that he ended up taking Cookie to a doggie hotel which again seems to be some form of torment since GASP she wasn't able to stay in her own home.

I will agree it was petty at worst but emotional torture for Cookie......

...it's not reaching my Yulan Dog Festival feels of outrage. <shrug>

It bothers me. We have domesticated dogs and they depend on us for everything.  They are pack animals and humans become their pack.  They have emotions, they get happy and sad and scared. 

If bethany had done that to Jason's dog I would think she was a piece of shit. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She is suing the lawyer that wrote up the second trust agreement. Her damages would include all her living expenses and the dollars she paid to her lawyers to fight the fraudulent trust. 

It is also possible that Jason was charged back a dollar amount for renting the TriBeCa apartment from Bethenny so that might be pissing him off as well.  I actually know someone that ended up with that in the final judgement. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Lol Did you see that I changed my post to read "correct" instead of "I understand that?" I realized after I posted it that it sounded bitchy , sorry. I knew what you meant Hunny Bunny!

It's all good, Celia - still Board Buddies

giphy.gif

Jason is still a douchebag - the pic I posted of him and his lawyer - his hands are not shown cause the damn criminal is handcuffed

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

It bothers me. We have domesticated dogs and they depend on us for everything.  They are pack animals and humans become their pack.  They have emotions, they get happy and sad and scared. 

If bethany had done that to Jason's dog I would think she was a piece of shit. 

Exactly. When you take a dog off that way and isolate her in way that she's unaccustomed to, it sends her a message about her status in the pack and it can be very upsetting.   Especially if you are angry when you do it ... Dogs understand human emotions and they know when you are upset with them.  And given that Cookie was probably just being her usual self, she likely had no idea why Jason was treating her that way and she was confused which made even more anxious.

It especially bothers me to learn that (if I read it correctly) Cookie was used to sleeping with Bryn but instead of allowing that, Jason would lock her up overnight.  I realize he meant to hurt Bethenny and didn't give a shit about hurting Cookie. But didn't he care about how Bryn felt? She was probably upset by what he was doing, too. 

I have to wonder what she thought of her father's callousness. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, film noire said:

I get it -- the "corporate owned" phrase was throwing me off -- you're talking about the home they shared at 195 Hudson (while married and while divorcing) that has a storage space in the home office (per Bethenny) or on the same floor (per the listings) or in the basement (per whomever ;)  

And according to her assistants, on social media, Jason placed Cookie in a storage space at 195 Hudson before:

So if it happened a few times before, do you know if Bethenny ever warned Jason to not leave Cookie in that space? Or was it something Cookie was used to? (Either in the home office, or in the private storage room in the hall.)  

At this point I think it is wise to revisit Bethenny's testimony under oath.  Jason locked the dog in a storage area* IN THE APARTMENT with her dish and bed.  Given any person on the stand, it would be far more compelling to say the dog was outside the apartment in a storage area.  I am quite certain that would not be allowed under any condo rules.  The rest of this stuff gets garbled.  There is also the idea the day Cookie went to the pet hotel-perhaps Jason was going to Hazelton and there was no one to watch the dog.   Bethenny wasn't there.  Would it have been kinder to leave the dog in the apartment alone?  I believe if Jason had been given the chance to testify there was probably an issue regarding picking up Cookie crap in the apartment.  If Bethenny is in Hong Kong who would be picking up the poop?

*Storage area are also known as closets.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is also the idea the day Cookie went to the pet hotel-perhaps Jason was going to Hazelton and there was no one to watch the dog.   Bethenny wasn't there.  Would it have been kinder to leave the dog in the apartment alone?  

What would have been kind would have been to tell everyone where Cookie was rather then leave everyone wondering what he had done with her.

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What would have been kind would have been to tell everyone where Cookie was rather then leave everyone wondering what he had done with her.

Did Bethenny bother to tell Jason that she was going to be gone over night to begin with? I don't think we know that, so it is possible that he had no idea when Bethenny would be returning or if she arranged someone to be in charge of the dog if he also had plans out of town. After all, they were not talking to each other at all even though they were both living in the apartment. Bottom line, it was Bethenny's responsibility to make sure Cookie was taken care off when she was out of town, she didn't, so he did and Cookie was well taken care of.

• Love 5

Thanks for the info - I know Hoppy emailed Dennis' lawyer, so I thought he'd also emailed Dennis separately.

Ha! 

Apparently according to the testimony, she said in the apartment. However, was Cookie used to being in that space?  What was the motive behind sticking Cookie in there?  I don't trust people who don't treat animals well. 

8 hours ago, Otherkate said:

See, and I think a lot of this explains why his behavior has been escalating. Some of it is just sticking it to Bethenny but I think an underlying cause of it is money. When you get to the root cause of most nasty divorces, it is money. His lifestyle has had to change drastically and he is lashing out. He needs people around him (family, friends, lawyers) to sit there and tell him to back off. If it was just one incident then I would just brush it off but with there being multiple incidents then that makes it more suspicious and lends credibility to these accusations. 

7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Timing is everything.  She was clearly very upset at the time Luann was telling her this and B was not in the space to hear it.  I have been super upset about crazy stuff and people just need to let me be at that moment and listen or not.  No platitudes about what I have to be happy for, no silver lining, no pep talks.  Let me work through it and when I am calm I will agree with you.   Its am emotional storm that needs to blow through.

Because she had an unhappy childhood I would think she tries her best to keep things from Bryn re Jason but I could be wrong.  I know it really bugs the shit out of people when she says she was raised by wolves because those wolves had money, took her places, sent her to boarding school etc.  My sisters and I say the same things about our parents.  Yes we lived with them and yes by appearances we were normal.  What people didn't see is what happened at home.  Parents that were neglectful and selfish yet we still loved them.  Its a complicated mix.  When we say this to be clear we are NOT saying we were actually raised by canines.  

I think a lot of it is also that it was coming from Lu. She doesn't have that type of relationship with Lu and let's face it...  Lu tends to be preachy and holier than thou. Lu also doesn't always wait for the right moment to tell someone. It has to be the right person at the right time in the right place. 

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's all good, Celia - still Board Buddies

giphy.gif

Jason is still a douchebag - the pic I posted of him and his lawyer - his hands are not shown cause the damn criminal is handcuffed

Am I a board buddy?  LOL. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What Jason knew about Bethenny's schedule is beside the point.

I want to know what justification there could possibly be for Jason refusing to tell people where he had taken the dog.

Motive: To be a dick and stick it to Bethenny. This was all about hurting Bethenny. Cookie slept with Bryn every night. Has no one thought about how this affected Bryn?  She is going to bed and her dog isn't there that she sleeps with every night and now her Dad is being a dick about it and refusing to tell people where the dog is.  And let me tell you, Bryn probably knew because kids are crazy perceptive.  People don't think their kids are noticing all of this but they are. I'm a speech therapist and my kids tell me all sorts of things that I'm pretty sure their parents would be mortified about. 

• Love 8

If I was five years old and my little dog slept with me every night and then one night daddy took the dog away and wouldn't tell anyone where it was, dude ... it would be BAD.

Dude, I have a 5 year old girl. If that bedtime routine deviates one iota, the world is ending. You don't screw with a 5-year-old's bedtime routine. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I would wager that poor Bryn has seen and heard a lot of things that no kid should have to witness. But when she's on a therapist's couch years from now, at the top of the list of things that gave her a hangup is gonna be the night daddy took Cookie away and wouldn't tell anybody what he did with her. 

Mommy posing for a picture in her pajamas will pale in comparison. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What Jason knew about Bethenny's schedule is beside the point.

I want to know what justification there could possibly be for Jason refusing to tell people where he had taken the dog.

Who knows as Bethenny agreed to his terms and ended the custody fight directly after she testified so that Jason did not have the opportunity to rebut/refute any of her testimony. I guess it was more important to him to get shared custody then it was to tear down the mother of his daughter in a public court testimony. Good for Jason.

As for why he didn't tell Bethenny right away? Maybe it was a childish tit for tat thing, she didn't bother to tell him so why should he tell her. If Cookie is that important to her, why wouldn't she make sure the dog was well cared for in her absence, it's not like she was only gone for a couple of hours, this was an overnight business trip and I really doubt she let Jason know she would be gone.  

10 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Apparently according to the testimony, she said in the apartment. However, was Cookie used to being in that space?  What was the motive behind sticking Cookie in there?  I don't trust people who don't treat animals well. 

See, and I think a lot of this explains why his behavior has been escalating. Some of it is just sticking it to Bethenny but I think an underlying cause of it is money. When you get to the root cause of most nasty divorces, it is money. His lifestyle has had to change drastically and he is lashing out. He needs people around him (family, friends, lawyers) to sit there and tell him to back off. If it was just one incident then I would just brush it off but with there being multiple incidents then that makes it more suspicious and lends credibility to these accusations. 

I think a lot of it is also that it was coming from Lu. She doesn't have that type of relationship with Lu and let's face it...  Lu tends to be preachy and holier than thou. Lu also doesn't always wait for the right moment to tell someone. It has to be the right person at the right time in the right place. 

Am I a board buddy?  LOL. 

I would imagine that Cookie did spend time in it before and I say this because Bethenny had a closet in their old apartment set up with Cookies bed/bowl and place her in it. I see no reason to think it would be any different in the new apartment.

I would wager that poor Bryn has seen and heard a lot of things that no kid should have to witness. But when she's on a therapist's couch years from now, at the top of the list of things that gave her a hangup is gonna be the night daddy took Cookie away and wouldn't tell anybody what he did with her. 

Mommy posing for a picture in her pajamas will pale in comparison. 

What makes anyone think Bryn didn't know where Cookie was, she was with Jason the entire time, so she knew where he took Cookie. This is getting ridiculous!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Motive: To be a dick and stick it to Bethenny. This was all about hurting Bethenny. Cookie slept with Bryn every night. Has no one thought about how this affected Bryn?  She is going to bed and her dog isn't there that she sleeps with every night and now her Dad is being a dick about it and refusing to tell people where the dog is.  And let me tell you, Bryn probably knew because kids are crazy perceptive.  People don't think their kids are noticing all of this but they are. I'm a speech therapist and my kids tell me all sorts of things that I'm pretty sure their parents would be mortified about. 

I doubt Cookie slept in Bryn's crib.  I would think having a child under the age of three parents would keep doors open to hear the child during the night. Which would mean the dog could sleep anywhere she wanted.  Bethenny loves that dog with all her heart and soul and I can't imagine that when she moved out she didn't take the dog with her. I also doubt these two idiot parental units made arrangements that the dog be part of the custody agreement.  It is pretty obvious Jason had no desire to have the dog.  I would have thought him a jerk if he demanded the dog go back and forth with the child.

I kind of doubt that Bryn was involved in the drama regarding the dog and its whereabouts not being discovered until midnight.   There are so many unanswered questions-were Jason and Bryn together?  Or was Bryn with Bethenny?  Did Jason go out of town with or without Bryn and make suitable arrangements for the dog's care? 

What I hear from these parents is radio silence on the other's ability to parent.  Most of their whining revolves around how they have been treated by the other.  There were some control issues about Bethenny and the child's diet-brought up by her and some objections to Bryn going to church too often (in addition to high holidays). The story told was not subject to cross-examination or witnesses for the father.  I think they are both suitable parents and love their child.

I think there have been a lot of dumb things said and presumed in this case, I was surprised the Court saw fit to chastise Bethenny for posting pictures of herself in Bryn's pajamas- a little heavy handed.  I also didn't see the child exchange as some rude move by Jason, pushing past Bethenny to get their child in the car.  I saw it more as him wanting to get the child away from the cameras. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

I doubt Cookie slept in Bryn's crib.  I would think having a child under the age of three parents would keep doors open to hear the child during the night. Which would mean the dog could sleep anywhere she wanted.  Bethenny loves that dog with all her heart and soul and I can't imagine that when she moved out she didn't take the dog with her. I also doubt these two idiot parental units made arrangements that the dog be part of the custody agreement.  It is pretty obvious Jason had no desire to have the dog.  I would have thought him a jerk if he demanded the dog go back and forth with the child.

I kind of doubt that Bryn was involved in the drama regarding the dog and its whereabouts not being discovered until midnight.   There are so many unanswered questions-were Jason and Bryn together?  Or was Bryn with Bethenny?  Did Jason go out of town with or without Bryn and make suitable arrangements for the dog's care? 

What I hear from these parents is radio silence on the other's ability to parent.  Most of their whining revolves around how they have been treated by the other.  There were some control issues about Bethenny and the child's diet-brought up by her and some objections to Bryn going to church too often (in addition to high holidays). The story told was not subject to cross-examination or witnesses for the father.  I think they are both suitable parents and love their child.

I think there have been a lot of dumb things said and presumed in this case, I was surprised the Court saw fit to chastise Bethenny for posting pictures of herself in Bryn's pajamas- a little heavy handed.  I also didn't see the child exchange as some rude move by Jason, pushing past Bethenny to get their child in the car.  I saw it more as him wanting to get the child away from the cameras. 

Bryn was 5 when this happened.  She wasn't sleeping in a crib. 

• Love 4

Even if she was in a crib, or maybe a toddler bed, that doesn't mean she isn't used to having the dog there, or the dog isn't used to being there.  When I was a baby, we lived with my grandparents, who had a dog.  From the time I came home from the hospital the dog was under my crib if I was asleep.  When I woke up, the dog would go get someone.  I'm sure that I'm not the only person this happened to.  

• Love 4
(edited)
18 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Bryn was 5 when this happened.  She wasn't sleeping in a crib. 

Bryn was 2 years and 9 months when Bethenny filed for divorce and not even four when Bethenny moved out of the home.  I do not believe once Bethenny moved out she left the dog in the house.  The custody issue where the testimony came out regarding the dog was when Bryn was four years and one month.  So I do not understand the assertion that Bryn was five years old.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
(edited)
52 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Who knows as Bethenny agreed to his terms and ended the custody fight directly after she testified so that Jason did not have the opportunity to rebut/refute any of her testimony. I guess it was more important to him to get shared custody then it was to tear down the mother of his daughter in a public court testimony. Good for Jason.

... or maybe Jason accepted Bethenny's terms in order to avoid having to take the stand and explain why he did the rotten things she talked about. 

What makes anyone think Bryn didn't know where Cookie was, she was with Jason the entire time, so she knew where he took Cookie. This is getting ridiculous!

Bryn was a LITTLE KID.  All she knew was that her dog had been taken away from her and wouldn't be snuggled up beside her in bed that night.  To the extent that you are right and "she knew where he took Cookie," the fact that Bryn may have actually been there when Jason signed Cookie into a kennel and saw her stuck in a little cage and then had to walk out leaving her little dog behind is really only more disturbing.  It is certainly not the consoling thing you suggest, imo. 

29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bryn was 2 years and 9 months when Bethenny filed for divorce and not even four when Bethenny moved out of the home.  I do not believe once Bethenny moved out she left the dog in the house.  The custody issue where the testimony came out regarding the dog was when Bryn was four years and one month.  So I do not understand the assertion that Bryn was five years old.

Does it really change things much if Bryn was four when it occurred?   Seems to me that it would only be a harder thing for her to understand if she was even younger.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You aren't sleeping in a crib at 2:9 either!  You are normally moved into a toddler bed or big girl bed between 2 and 3 years old. Bryn slept with the dog. Hoppy took the dog away. Bryn would be upset by this. 

• Love 5