Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

Actually, the judge said to Jason's 'lawyer' couldn't go down the Carole road without a subpoena for all the footage.  I think that's quite different from Beth yelling, "You tortured me.  You tortured me."  And then the judge ordered a break.

• Love 11
On 5/17/2019 at 8:31 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

https://radaronline.com/photos/bethenny-frankel-rhony-carole-radziwill-dragged-custody-battle-court-jason-hoppy/

hahaha this is beautiful, Carole her former henchman has ALL the dirt and knows where all the bodies are buried. Bethenny is finally in a theatre she cannot control and where she held accountable. Tantruming and shouting out in court—- what a spoiled fucking brat. Bethenny needed boundaries when she was 13 and didn’t get em. #teamcarole 

This was my post.  My comments about Carole are re the link. 

There is another article from the same day that Bethenny was spoken to by the judge for an outburst. I did not link that article but my comments about her calling out in court refer to that 2nd article not linked but someone kindly linked it above. 

I did not read where Hoppy was admonished in court this week only Bethenny.  It is not my experience that judges are commonplace in admonishing either party in a courtroom.  

• Love 8

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-daughter-bryn-is-strong-minded-like-bethenny-frankel/amp/

Another article from court happenings last week.  

Of interest, Jason has never introduced Brynn to anyone he has dated.

Also Bethenny states that her social media followers pay for Jason's lawyer. Jason's rent, and HER rent. Does she hear herself ? Oh you pay rent now Bethenny ? Man I wish I was questioning her I would love to see what she is referring to when she says she pays rent. Bethenny the great exaggerator spinning & lying on the stand ! 

• Love 10
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jason-hoppy-daughter-bryn-is-strong-minded-like-bethenny-frankel/amp/

Also Bethenny states that her social media followers pay for Jason's lawyer. Jason's rent, and HER rent. Does she hear herself ? Oh you pay rent now Bethenny ? Man I wish I was questioning her I would love to see what she is referring to when she says she pays rent. Bethenny the great exaggerator spinning & lying on the stand ! 

Of course she has to say that living with Jason was like being in a "torture chamber." Isn't she the one who threw water on Jason while he was in bed sleeping? 

The woman has not one tiny shred of credibility.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That is a good father. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Maybe rent for her office?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/17/2019 at 7:49 PM, Gromit said:

In some courts, trial proceedings happen not all at once (like an ordinary criminal trial), but in piecemeal sessions when the court can fit the proceedings into its calendar. I don’t practice in this court, but I once had a case in which a three day trial took place over the course of four months- a half a day at a time, when the court could squeeze us in. This custody dispute filed by Bethenny seems to operate the same way. 

Incidentally, my belief is that Bethenny has borderline personality disorder and unknowingly creates these conflicts, but then perceives herself to be the victim.  It’s a classic scenario involving projective identification. She’s the one who tortured Jason, not the reverse, but when he reacts to her histrionics she thinks he’s the aggressor.  

Anyhow, it would be tragic for Brynn to lose her relationship with the Hoppys, whom I believe to be perfectly ordinary and decent people.  I hope the judge sees Bethenny for who she is and that she loses this selfish battle.  

Thanks for the input. I'm not licensed in NY.  While my state does do some piecemeal hearings in family law matters, it's normally over the course of a week, especially with custody cases.  And, I agree about your assessment of B.  What I find amazing is that a professional child custody evaluation would not have discovered and noted her severe disorders. But, of course, maybe, there were addendums to the report that were presented to the judge, that didn't make the headlines.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 2:18 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

Maybe rent for her office?

I feel like “rent” is an expression....how i pay the rent vs how i pay my mortgage.....she’s making the point that television, social media etc allows her to maintain her business & support not only herself, her daughter but also Jason. 

Also keep in mind for YEARS he refused to move out of the apartment that Bethenny bought with Skinnygirl money...they were going through a bitter divorce and he wouldn’t leave.

Edited by Real Housewife LI
  • Love 4
On 5/15/2019 at 11:40 AM, Ellee said:

Question.  Does anyone think that this fiasco is all a way for B’s name (and SG) to be in the headlines, stay in the headlines and/or write the headlines?

i don’t follow this the way I used to a hundred years ago (may be off by a year or two there) but even the most unreasonable people in the world would get this resolved. 

No, I don't. But I do agree that this is dragging on an impossible amount of time. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well anyone with any doubts about Beth exploiting Bryn just needs to check out her recent instastories, obviously meant to upset Jason.

Here is Bryn, 9 years old, wearing thigh high heeled boots, bending down and slapping her own ass, singing "hit me baby one more time" while mom Beth looks on proudly saying "Cat Walk." 

Beth, mother of the year. If I were a Beth fan, this would certainly turn things around and make me vomit.

Jason, go get her.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I feel like “rent” is an expression....how i pay the rent vs how i pay my mortgage.....she’s making the point that television, social media etc allows her to maintain her business & support not only herself, her daughter but also Jason. 

Also keep in mind for YEARS he refused to move out of the apartment that Bethenny bought with Skinnygirl money...they were going through a bitter divorce and he wouldn’t leave.

I agree with you, it is an expression. When you are testifying under oath in my opinion you skip the semantics and expressions. And answer questions. If she’s using an expression this time, are we meant to pick and choose what’s facts and what’s slang or a reference ?

Apartment was bought with THEIR money. It was their apartment. Without her marriage spinoffs and baby on tv she would not have catapulted. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Well anyone with any doubts about Beth exploiting Bryn just needs to check out her recent instastories, obviously meant to upset Jason.

Here is Bryn, 9 years old, wearing thigh high heeled boots, slapping her own ass, singing "hit me baby one more time" while mom Beth looks on proudly saying "Cat Walk." 

Beth, mother of the year. If I were a Beth fan, this would certainly turn things around and make me vomit.

Jason, go get her.

Vile. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I agree with you, it is an expression. When you are testifying under oath in my opinion you skip the semantics and expressions. And answer questions. If she’s using an expression this time, are we meant to pick and choose what’s facts and what’s slang or a reference ?

Apartment was bought with THEIR money. It was their apartment. Without her marriage spinoffs and baby on tv she would not have catapulted. 

Vile. 

Yes, and she has had Bryn dye her hair bright red, at 9 years old. NINE YEARS OLD.  Bethenny is definitely willing to do anything to piss off Jason. 

She is worse than Vile.

• Love 8

That’s a thing now with girls that age. My daughter is just a few months younger than Bryn and lots of kids that age (girls and boys) are dying their hair bright colors- pink, red, green, purple... I see it a lot

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, DeeplyShallow said:

That’s a thing now with girls that age. My daughter is just a few months younger than Bryn and lots of kids that age (girls and boys) are dying their hair bright colors- pink, red, green, purple... I see it a lot

But are their mother's posting videos of them wearing high heeled thigh high boots, slapping their own asses singing 'hit me baby one more time"? 

Posted several times over?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

But are their mother's posting videos of them wearing high heeled thigh high boots, slapping their own asses singing 'hit me baby one more time"? 

Posted several times over?

I was just commenting on the hair dye

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Here is Bryn, 9 years old, wearing thigh high heeled boots, bending down and slapping her own ass, singing "hit me baby one more time" while mom Beth looks on proudly saying "Cat Walk." 

Jason, go get her.

Bryn is also rubbing her hands all over her hips+. 

I would be very annoyed, if I were Jason. 

And Bryn is going to be angry when she’s older, and someone tells her that her mom posted this. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Happy Camper said:

Yes, I understand, but 9 years old is quite young to be dying hair.

It’s most likely nontoxic and temporary and will wash out in one or two washings.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DeeplyShallow said:

One of my parents dyed my hair purple when I was younger than Brynn, simply because they wanted to see what it would look like.  It wasn't permanent, and it wasn't my idea originally, but I certainly wasn't opposed to it, as I liked purple.  It was fun, it washed out and life moved on.  That was over 30 years ago.  Since then I've seen plenty of people let their kids dye their hair or get streaks or tips for no reason or as a reward for good grades, etc.  I get that not everyone is good with it and it's certainly their choice for their own kids, but for some people it's just hair and it's not that big of a deal.  They aren't neglecting their kids or causing some sort of harm by allowing them to express themselves through their hair color.  It's just a choice they make.

I watched the instagram videos and honestly I did much the same sort of thing when I was Brynn's age.  Except it was Madonna and not Britney.  She was trying on a pair of her mom's shoes, dancing and singing and amusing herself.  

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, smores said:

watched the instagram videos and honestly I did much the same sort of thing when I was Brynn's age.  Except it was Madonna and not Britney.  She was trying on a pair of her mom's shoes, dancing and singing and amusing herself.  

But there is a difference between doing that at home and posting it on SM. 

• Love 16
26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But there is a difference between doing that at home and posting it on SM. 

I agree, there is.  I, personally, wouldn't post a video of it if it were my kid.  I might take a video and send it to a friend or relative, but I probably wouldn't post it.  I don't have kids, though, and I'm one of those people who rarely posts stuff anyway.  Other people have different lines for what they are comfortable posting, though, I have a few friends that post literally everything.  I swear we've seen their kid's first diaper change to their first prom all on social media, and it can be way too much.  In this case, it's one of the things I kind of shrug off as "eh, not my choice, but, not something I get too worked up over"  It's a story, so it will be gone in a day, it's not like it's a post that lasts forever, you have to go looking for it and it's a kid playing.  

If there was a video of me dancing around to a Madonna song that my parent wanted to put up on facebook today I'd kind of cringe a bit, but I'd most likely just laugh about the outfit I was wearing.  I was just trying to think through how I'd feel if I were the kid looking back on it.  Once in a while a cousin of mine will post a picture of me and they aren't always the most flattering, there's a few hair years I wish wouldn't see the light of day, but, overall I'm just amused by what I thought looked good clothing wise.  It's amazing that I can remember vividly picking out an outfit and knowing it would look so awesome and then now I look at it and am like, WHY did I do that? How did I ever think that was a good plan?

• Love 3
Just now, smores said:

Other people have different lines for what they are comfortable posting, though, I ha

Brynn’s presence on SM aid a huge sticking point between B and J, I find it inappropriate to post picture of minor children without the permission of both parents particularly when it’s so public and it’s going to get picked up by different sites etc. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brynn’s presence on SM aid a huge sticking point between B and J, I find it inappropriate to post picture of minor children without the permission of both parents particularly when it’s so public and it’s going to get picked up by different sites etc. 

Like I said, I totally agree with you.  I wouldn't do it with my (nonexistant) kid.  

The tricky part with Brynn, though, is that she has 2 parents who both get to have a say in what goes on in her life.  I don't actually think that Bethenny would post every detail of Brynn's life on social media without Jason stopping her, but I realize other people disagree.  That said, assuming for a minute that Jason wants Brynn to never appear or be referenced on social media at all, that's cool.  But he's not the only parent.  This is the type of thing they have to hash out and compromise on, and it may well be that they have some sort of decision from the judge that Bethenny is allowed to show Brynn provided it's not her face, etc.  

I wouldn't do it with a kid of my own, and it's something my husband agrees on, though we have no children.  We've had conversations about how much we would refer to other relatives and how we'd refer to them online.  We have nieces and nephews and when they were born, at times we've made a general post saying something about it being a really good day for our family, but neither one of us will say "This relative had a baby on this date at this time, the name is x" as some other people will.  The friends who are close to us know what we mean, others just might see a post saying something about having a great day and counting our blessings and being grateful.  I would much prefer if Bethenny and Jason would be able to agree on things in this sort of way rather than fighting everything out, but, it appears that they will need to have pretty much all of the details ironed out with mediation.

(edited)

Beth, mother of the year. 

She's repulsive beyond belief.  

And (horribly, imo) since we live in a culture where kids are still too often seen as the property of their parents, with no human rights of their own  (no right to privacy, or protection from emotionally and physically invasive parenting) there's nothing anybody can do to stop Frankel from using her kid again to "pay the rent".

Drop it like it's hot, Bryn. Momma needs a new pair of shoes.

3 hours ago, smores said:

But he's not the only parent. 

No, he's not.

And that's unfortunate, because whatever else Hoppy has done, he's never aimed a camera at his little girl dressed in thigh-high black leather boots - as she shakes her ass and slaps herself-  just to get clicks from strangers online.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 24

It's a disturbing video. Her head and face aren't shown it is literally the little girl shaking her ass dancing and her ass is the center of focus. STRANGE. And to me offensive and in extremely poor taste and parental judgement for that to be on sm. 

• Love 13

If a family court judge had already entered order that my online post of ME posing in my young daughter's pj's was inappropriate, I would think that I would use a little more discretion with future online postings involving my child. 

• Love 12

Both of my kids have dyed their hair different colors in the last year or so - blue, purple, pink. One of then just turned nine. Kids are doing it and I really don't see the issue. It washes out, it grows back, it's just hair. 

Can't comment on the video, haven't seen it.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, smores said:

The tricky part with Brynn, though, is that she has 2 parents who both get to have a say in what goes on in her life.  I don't actually think that Bethenny would post every detail of Brynn's life on social media without Jason stopping her, but I realize other people disagree.  That said, assuming for a minute that Jason wants Brynn to never appear or be referenced on social media at all, that's cool.  But he's not the only parent.  This is the type of thing they have to hash out and compromise on, and it may well be that they have some sort of decision from the judge that Bethenny is allowed to show Brynn provided it's not her face, etc.  

Exactly!  And exactly why B is fighting Jason in court, she does not want his say EVER.  She claims he tortures her, just so she won't have to ever get his input again.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Exactly!  And exactly why B is fighting Jason in court, she does not want his say EVER.  She claims he tortures her, just so she won't have to ever get his input again.

According to the court Psych Jason will never compromise and makes decisions out of anger.  He will never give Bethenny anything she wants.  So that is when courts take decision making away.  And make no mistake it doesn't just happen to the father it happens to the mother as well.  If you don't play nice you don't get to play.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m a mom of a girl & mine had pink streaks in her hair in first grade-so age 6/7. It’s hair no big deal. As for the video on Instagram it’s a kid wearing her moms shoes acting out a music video.....she was in her pajamas being cute....i have a similar video but mine sang Kesha instead of Britney 😂....when i was little i ran around singing Like a Virgin...so i think this is fine. I seriously don’t get the outrage over it.  

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

According to the court Psych Jason will never compromise and makes decisions out of anger.  He will never give Bethenny anything she wants.  So that is when courts take decision making away.  And make no mistake it doesn't just happen to the father it happens to the mother as well.  If you don't play nice you don't get to play.

Professionals who conduct evaluations are not infallible and if a report showed dad in total bad light with B in great light, it would raise my suspicion.  Each side can say what they think to the person doing the evaluation, but, some people are snowed more easily than others.  Not saying that is what happened, but, I would strongly question B's contentions.  

• Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Professionals who conduct evaluations are not infallible and if a report showed dad in total bad light with B in great light, it would raise my suspicion.  Each side can say what they think to the person doing the evaluation, but, some people are snowed more easily than others.  Not saying that is what happened, but, I would strongly question B's contentions.

Oh absolutely, I agree.  But I know of one where we all saw it coming and almost went to the lengths of an intervention but she ended up losing a big chunk of her 50/50.  So now when I read these things like the actress that literally ended up with her kids in Europe etc I always wonder what the path to that decision was.  And this judge does not seem to be rubber stamping anything.  I wonder if the physician that was yelled at will be called.  That would be fascinating.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 4

Sometimes, an experienced, confident, intuitive judge who pays attention to details, really listens to the facts and uses common sense will rule against a custody evaluation's recommendation.  I've seen it happen on at least one occasion.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Oh absolutely, I agree.  But I know of one where we all saw it coming and almost went to the lengths of an intervention but she ended up losing a big chunk of her 50/50.  So now when I read these things like the actress that literally ended up with her kids in Europe etc I always wonder what the path to that decision was.  And this judge does not seem to be rubber stamping anything.  I wonder if the physician that was yelled at will be called.  That would be fascinating.

Kelly Rutherford lost custody because she and her ex husband were being awful and manipulative, but she took it a step too far by contacting the state department to get his work visa revoked, refusing to contact the state department to tell them she lied after the family court judge ordered her to, refusing to let her children travel outside the country when they were supposed to be in his custody, and constantly giving interviews where she would be very appreciative if someone kidnapped her children from their father's custody. And so she can only visit and see her children in Monaco because the California family law judge was afraid that she'd take custody of the kids and go on the run. This isn't to say that her ex wasn't awful. He was, but she was bound and determined to make sure her kids never saw their dad again.

This should be a lesson to Bethenny and Jason. Fucking stop. They are so busy big dicking and power moving each other that it has ceased being about what's best foooooooooor...ummm...what's her face...it's on the tip of my tongue...Bryn...yes Bryn. Bryn! These two are like Godzilla and some other kaiju battling over Tokyo. Oh yay! Godzilla won, but Tokyo is completely destroyed. Thanks? A destroyed Tokyo is Bryn's ruined childhood.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

According to the court Psych Jason will never compromise and makes decisions out of anger.  He will never give Bethenny anything she wants.  

The same dude also said Bethenny wore Bryns pjs in front of the "newspapers," the guy is a hack and has no clue. I feel sorry for Bryn.

• Love 5

I won't comment on the Frankel/Hoppy war being 50/50 fault, because, I don't know (sometimes you deal with a lot and it drives you to the brink and then you make poor decisions and then you look crazy too), but, I wonder if any witness could testify that B was easy to work with.......just curious. Because, she has described herself as exasperating on multiple occasions.  lol

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Real Housewife LI said:

I’m a mom of a girl & mine had pink streaks in her hair in first grade-so age 6/7. It’s hair no big deal. As for the video on Instagram it’s a kid wearing her moms shoes acting out a music video.....she was in her pajamas being cute....i have a similar video but mine sang Kesha instead of Britney 😂....when i was little i ran around singing Like a Virgin...so i think this is fine. I seriously don’t get the outrage over it.  

I finally watched it and felt weird about myself for not being outraged so was grateful to see this. She was a kid wearing her baggy pjs and too big boots and pretending to be a pop star. I see it every night. Would I put it on Instagram? No, but that's more because I don't want my kids to feel embarrassed later on. 

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I won't comment on the Frankel/Hoppy war being 50/50 fault, because, I don't know (sometimes you deal with a lot and it drives you to the brink and then you make poor decisions and then you look crazy too), but, I wonder if any witness could testify that B was easy to work with.......just curious. Because, she has described herself as exasperating on multiple occasions.  lol

I've mentioned before that I know 2 people who have worked with Bethenny. One worked on a bunch of Housewives events and had nothing but good things to say about her (not so much Ramona) and the other worked on B's talk show. The talk show producer loved her unequivocally and said she worked her ass off to help get new gigs for him and all the other staffers who lost their jobs when her show got cancelled. He's a big fan. As an aside, this particular guy also worked for years with Andy at Bravo very closely in Andy's early years and has nothing but very BAD things to say. 

One thing I will say is that I'm personally bothered by introducing her daughter to guys so quickly. My ex and I worked hard to come up with an acceptable timeline for these things because it can cause so much instability for a kid who is already dealing with some. It's not my business what anyone else does, but if they had an agreement and she's broken it, that is bad news.

Edited by Otherkate
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I finally watched it and felt weird about myself for not being outraged so was grateful to see this. She was a kid wearing her baggy pjs and too big boots and pretending to be a pop star. I see it every night. Would I put it on Instagram? No, but that's more because I don't want my kids to feel embarrassed later on. 

This is my problem with this. I honestly believe that BeTheMe posted this on Instagram as a big FU to Jason. He is apparently sensitive to how Bryn is exposed to the public and this video is definitely not how I would want my 9 year old portrayed to the media /public. As was previously commented, the video was focused on her bum and her suggestively sliding her hands over her thighs.

This is a nine year old girl being publicly sexualized by her own mother.

I hope that Jason is able to use this in court. 

• Love 19
(edited)
18 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I hope that Jason is able to use this in court. 

Yeah, it would be smart/good to have a hard and fast ruling keeping the kid off social media. 

This endless custody battle is such a mess - and Hoppy clearly has issues - but at this point (between him getting therapy and apologizing) Frankel is the parent who seems the most careless of Bryn's stability, imo - moving in with a man credibly accused of raping a coed (the man Bryn saw naked while at Bethenny's apartment) and taking Bryn on vacations with him,  bonding Bryn to Dennis and letting him babysit and drive Bryn around when he was in the depths of an opiod addiction, introducing Bryn to the new love of her life less than three months after Dennis died, etc. etc. She's turned her daughter's most private moments into disposable spray cheese on social media - posting Bryn reading a card to Cookie (that's what Bryn was saying in the background while Cookie was seizing, which came out in court) and revealing that her daughter cries every day about Cookie.  And now this creepy video - where her daughter's private play is posted for public consumption,  to be seen by any freak out there - if I were the co-parent, I'd be terrified for my kid's safety, never mind stability.

And Frankel's perception of reality seems increasingly compromised to me - on the show and elsewhere - in her testimony,  she said (about Hoppy) "What he did felt illegal to me", and that's what drives everything for her, imo.  Her feelings, not facts.  She "feels" she was tortured,  so she must have been. She "feels" Jason "glaring at me" so she demands the judge direct Hoppy to stop glaring  (even though the judge said he saw nothing untoward). She "feels" that breaking the custody agreement about not introducing boyfriends to Bryn right away was (as she testified) a "technicality".  Whatever she feels becomes the truth, and that's impossible to negotiate with or around.  Bryn is (by all accounts) doing really well, so these two royal assholes have somehow managed to not fuck her up yet, but resilience is not a parenting plan.  I hope the judge lays down joint custody rules that are clear and clearly enforced, with penalites for the parent not abiding by the agreement. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
(edited)
52 minutes ago, film noire said:

Yeah, it would be smart/good to have a hard and fast ruling keeping the kid off social media. 

This endless custody battle is such a mess - and Hoppy clearly has issues - but at this point (between him getting therapy and apologizing) Frankel is the parent who seems the most careless of Bryn's stability, imo - moving in with a man credibly accused of raping a coed (the man Bryn saw naked while at Bethenny's apartment) and taking Bryn on vacations with him,  bonding Bryn to Dennis and letting him babysit and drive Bryn around when he was in the depths of an opiod addiction, introducing Bryn to the new love of her life less than three months after Dennis died, etc. etc. She's turned her daughter's most private moments into disposable spray cheese on social media - posting Bryn reading a card to Cookie (that's what Bryn was saying in the background while Cookie was seizing, which came out in court) and revealing that her daughter cries every day about Cookie.  And now this creepy video - where her daughter's private play is posted for public consumption,  to be seen by any freak out there - if I were the co-parent, I'd be terrified for my kid's safety, never mind stability.

And Frankel's perception of reality seems increasingly compromised to me - on the show and elsewhere - in her testimony,  she said (about Hoppy) "What he did felt illegal to me", and that's what drives everything for her, imo.  Her feelings, not facts.  She "feels" she was tortured,  so she must have been. She "feels" Jason "glaring at me" so she demands the judge direct Hoppy to stop glaring  (even though the judge said he saw nothing untoward). She "feels" that breaking the custody agreement about not introducing boyfriends to Bryn right away was (as she testified) a "technicality".  Whatever she feels becomes the truth, and that's impossible to negotiate with or around.  Bryn is (by all accounts) doing really well, so these two royal assholes have somehow managed to not fuck her up yet, but resilience is not a parenting plan.  I hope the judge lays down joint custody rules that are clear and clearly enforced, with penalites for the parent not abiding by the agreement. 

Good points, but, I'm not convinced that kids are just rolling along doing fine.  My contention about discord with parents in general, is if kids are so resilient, why are there so many f'd up adults out there? 

The kid may look okay, get okay grades, smile for the camera, but, they are not doing that well on the inside.  Years later, we hear of the torment, mental pain, and dysfunction that was their childhood.  For all the fancy apartments, stellar vacations, skiing trips, and money, I would bet the child would trade all of that just for some peace and civility between the parents. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10