Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

Comparing the fame whoredom of Jason's parents with Bethenny is like comparing someone with a traffic ticket to a serial killer.

I don't doubt the Jason was opportunistic and saw a good thing and wanted to cash in but his parents always struck me as nice normal people.

Nice. Normal. Two things you can never say about Bethenny.

• Love 7

Nice, normal people who raised a famewhore son who saw an opportunity to cash in and marry and father a child with Bethenny Frankel.  That alone makes me give them the side eye.

• Love 2
(edited)

You don't have to follow them on TV to be in their lives, and if you raise a child who marries and fathers a child with a self proclaimed "damaged" person, maybe you raised yourself a "damaged" child as well.  At least IMO, nice, normal emotionally stable people aren't attracted to cruel, hateful, damaged neurotic people, and they certainly don't want to have a cruel, hateful, damaged and neurotic person as the mother of their child.

Edited by shoegal

You don't have to follow them on TV to be in their lives, and if you raise a child who marries and fathers a child with a self proclaimed "damaged" person, maybe you raised yourself a "damaged" child as well. At least IMO, nice, normal emotionally stable people aren't attracted to cruel, hateful, damaged neurotic people, and they certainly don't want to have a cruel, hateful, damaged and neurotic person as the mother of their child.

Yes, to this. 3 adults besides Bethany agreed to this circus. I don't find Bethany to be an unholy shrew who ruined Jason's life. I don't like Jason at all, but I don't think he's the devil either. I think they are both pretty self-centered people who both spent a very long time being single and found that really being married involved much more compromise than either wanted. I may like Bethany more than Jason on a personal level, but my guess is they each brought about 50% of the issues to the marriage. I believe both of them are capable of fighting dirty and have given any TMZ type story about either of them pertaining to the divorce with a side eye.

• Love 12

Many, many emotionally stable people fall in love with and marry crazy people. It happens everyday.

I don't think Jason is a saint. Far from it. He saw his chance and he took it. I agree that he saw a good thing and jumped on board and took it for all it's worth. I understand the Jason hate. People love to project their own experiences onto people they see on reality TV. So every bad boyfriend or ex-husband is what they see when they see Jason. That's very understandable. Human really.

But to extend that hate to his parents seems a little over the top. Just sayn'

• Love 10

I wonder what perception of Jason would have been if Bethenny had married Jason her spin-off had tanked and Skinny Girl was limping along, Bethenny's Skinny Girl Spanx knock-offs were on the markdown tables at TJMaxx(much like Jill Zarin's and some Yummie Tummie),Jason had his same old job and Bethenny's next gig was on Oprah's "Where Are They Now?" Far more reality stars have had products and spin-offs that have tanked than have soared.

When Jason married Bethenny she was in the process of leaving a hit show and filming a spin-off show that originally was going to be about her dating life in NYC. To me, both parties had to "act" to make the "Bethenny Getting Married. . " spin-off work. There was never any guarantee that either the show would be a success or that "Skinny Girl" would take off. At the time the third season of RHONYC filmed Bethenny seemed pretty delighted to be tooling around in a VW Bug wrapped in Skinny Girl logos (much to the chagrin of LuAnn). Would Jason, their marriage and child been blamed for the demise of Bethenny's fame and fortune? I would certainly hope anyone I married would support me in my career pursuits and enjoy the success along with me.

• Love 4
(edited)

But to extend that hate to his parents seems a little over the top. Just sayn'

To call it "hate" is a little over the top, just sayin'. 

People love to project call kinds of things on to Bethenny, I don't see why Jason should be any different, or that his parents should be immune from criticism.  My own parents are nice, normal, loving people and I guarantee you that there is not a snowball's chance in hell they would ever sign up to appear on a reality TV show in a million, billion years.  The fact that they Hoppy's willingly participated makes them suspect IMO.  

Edited by shoegal

I agree....I thought Jason's parents were the only good component in this drama

Me, too.  Awww.  Mr. and Mrs. Hoppy Sr. didn't know what they were getting themselves into, is my guess.  They probably thought doing short stints on the show would be fun.  Something out of the ordinary. Ya know, them being 'simple folk from Hazelton' or whatever Bethie called them.  I don't go along with her assessment that they were 'simple' but I'd say they might have been a tad naïve.

• Love 1
(edited)

Many, many emotionally stable people fall in love with and marry crazy people. It happens everyday.

Also, I disagree, many many people who may think they are emotionally stable fall in love with and marry crazy people.  However, in reality, crazy attracts crazy.   

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

Me, too.  Awww.  Mr. and Mrs. Hoppy Sr. didn't know what they were getting themselves into, is my guess.  They probably thought doing short stints on the show would be fun.  Something out of the ordinary. Ya know, them being 'simple folk from Hazelton' or whatever Bethie called them.  I don't go along with her assessment that they were 'simple' but I'd say they might have been a tad naïve.

I agree. They appeared to me to be just very nice people who made every effort to make Bethenny welcome.

• Love 7

According to Bethenny's testimony in the custody battle, Papa Hoppy decided it would be a good time to walk around the apartment in his underwear while Bethenny was in the middle of a photo shoot.  I think that Jason didn't fall far from the passive aggressive tree. 

• Love 2

IMO this is not about Jason being the evil person or the Hoppys being famewhores at all. I always thought the Hoppys were normal and nice people but they are not perfect and they made their share of mistakes like any normal people does.

My problem is when some people hold Bethenny accountable for every single word, slight, eye roll or huff that comes out of her mouth but refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing on Jason's part, almost as in by doing so they could acknowledge that Bethenny was not singlehandedly who broke this marriage. Bethenny was and probably still is a broken person, she is neurotic, OCD, pushy, loud mouth, a major bitch if you want to call her that. This has never been up for debate, she is who she is, she has never hide it, she has never pretended to be someone else, she has not acted one way in front of the cameras and another way behind it just to please the viewers.

Jason on the other hand has very successfully place himself at a higher level by portraying a character on TV, his reasons he only knows, the gentleman who appeared on my tv could have never done any of the shenanigans that Jason has pulled during this divorce, he has been plainly horrible, yet all the criticism goes to Bethenny. Jason made Bethenny guilty for working too hard, he slammed her because she didn't sit back to enjoy her fortune but kept on working, yet he is now fighting tooth and nails to get some of the money that her tenacity and determination generated.

Jason pride himself in being the normal one, the lovable, the decent one , not only did he pride himself in being so, he used that against Bethenny to remind her that she was not normal, that she was unlovable, so if you are going to put yourself at a higher moral standard than the person you are slamming , at least have the integrity to not only talk the talk but to walk the walk. Jason antics during this divorce tell me more about him that anything he ever did on the shows, the level of nastiness her has displayed and the lengths he has gone tell me that he was only playing the character of the perfect boyfriend when the cameras were on but this is who he really is, he is that person who is willing to go the extra mile to make you miserable but still keeps playing it up to appear as the poor victim. Whatever he was selling, I am not buying.

• Love 8

My ex-in-laws were hoppy people. Could never do enough for them . They had to be first in our relationship, had to have every holiday at their house, raged when we went on vacations without them, pouted if they didn't get their way and became very passive aggressive. My ex would always cave to them, heck to his wife & kids. And of course they were totally charming as was my ex. I never trust charming people now. Of course, YMMV 

• Love 3

Papa Hoppy walked around the apartment in his underwear during a photo shoot?? (Sorry, didn't do the quote right) 

Hahahahaha. That's a hoot!! Maybe he thinks of an apartment as a place to live and relax -- as opposed to an apartment cum photostudio, beauty salon or place of business.  Certainly Bethenny could have afforded to rent (if not buy) a studio or an office instead of trooping her entire business into the family living quarters. The whole set-up never made sense. 

And if Bryn also ran out in her underwear during that shoot, would she too be reflecting a family propensity for passive/aggressive behavior?  Does anyone really think Papa Hoppy had either a deep desire or uncontrolled impulse to be seen in his underwear by various assistants, photographers, and minions? Please!!  Paranoia will destroy ya!

• Love 2

Papa Hoppy walked around the apartment in his underwear during a photo shoot?? (Sorry, didn't do the quote right) 

Hahahahaha. That's a hoot!! Maybe he thinks of an apartment as a place to live and relax -- as opposed to an apartment cum photostudio, beauty salon or place of business.  Certainly Bethenny could have afforded to rent (if not buy) a studio or an office instead of trooping her entire business into the family living quarters. The whole set-up never made sense. 

And if Bryn also ran out in her underwear during that shoot, would she too be reflecting a family propensity for passive/aggressive behavior?  Does anyone really think Papa Hoppy had either a deep desire or uncontrolled impulse to be seen in his underwear by various assistants, photographers, and minions? Please!!  Paranoia will destroy ya!

It isn't unusual for someone to run a business out of the home. Bethenny probably could have paid for another space, but maybe she just didn't want to shell out a down payment for a studio or she didn't want to have rent on two different properties. She is, after all, the woman who'd buy her designer and luxury items secondhand from eBay as opposed to "new car smell" from Neiman's and its ilk. The woman is frugal.

You don't have to follow them on TV to be in their lives, and if you raise a child who marries and fathers a child with a self proclaimed "damaged" person, maybe you raised yourself a "damaged" child as well.  At least IMO, nice, normal emotionally stable people aren't attracted to cruel, hateful, damaged neurotic people, and they certainly don't want to have a cruel, hateful, damaged and neurotic person as the mother of their child.

To be fair, maybe Jason thought he could "fix" Bethenny by making her a part of and showing her what its like to have a normal, healthy family dynamic like he has, hoping she would come around.  Not saying it was right, but plausible?  People enter love relationships all the time with unrealistic expections, rose-colored glasses.  You know, "I will just fix him/her and everything will sort itself out" type of crap.  I think Jason had good (albeit it unrealistic) intentions in the beginning.  When the realization of how broken their dynamic was, well, then the bloom was off the rose.

• Love 4
(edited)

To be fair, maybe Jason thought he could "fix" Bethenny by making her a part of and showing her what its like to have a normal, healthy family dynamic like he has, hoping she would come around. Not saying it was right, but plausible? People enter love relationships all the time with unrealistic expections, rose-colored glasses. You know, "I will just fix him/her and everything will sort itself out" type of crap. I think Jason had good (albeit it unrealistic) intentions in the beginning. When the realization of how broken their dynamic was, well, then the bloom was off the rose.

I can buy this is a big part of what went down. I'll give the Hoppys more of a break since they didn't choose to marry Bethany. However, I think this was a big part of the dynamic between Bethany and Jason in general. I actually remember them sort of joking about it and then...well it never works, you know? Best advise I ever got in my life was to be with (marry, live with, start a family with...) the person I see right in front of me this minute, not the person I think they might be in a couple of years. If not then get out. People don't change according to your agenda. I think Bethany and Jason both bought into this stupid idea that he was going to save her. Then she didn't change and got sick of being reminded how much saving she needed and Jason got resentful that she didn't understand how he was always right and it was for her own good that he called her crazy and damaged. And the whole thing fell apart. I put that on both of them. They were both in their late 30s and plenty old enough to know better that to pull that "they'll be different after the wedding, baby, whatever" BS. Just a marriage doomed to fail from all ends. I mean it was stupid from both ends. Who looks for someone else to save them, but also who marries a project? I think they both came in with fucked up ideas about relationships. Of course I think both of them think they 're pretty much 100% in the right. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

To be fair, maybe Jason thought he could "fix" Bethenny by making her a part of and showing her what its like to have a normal, healthy family dynamic like he has, hoping she would come around.  Not saying it was right, but plausible?  People enter love relationships all the time with unrealistic expections, rose-colored glasses.  You know, "I will just fix him/her and everything will sort itself out" type of crap.  I think Jason had good (albeit it unrealistic) intentions in the beginning.  When the realization of how broken their dynamic was, well, then the bloom was off the rose.

At the age both Bethanny and Jason were when they married I would think that they were both long past the age of "thinking they could change a person".  That type of thinking goes to the young.  Anyone over the age of 35 knows, you are who you are.  When I was young I thought love could fix anything.  By the time I was 30 I figured it out.

• Love 2

My ex-in-laws were hoppy people. Could never do enough for them . They had to be first in our relationship, had to have every holiday at their house, raged when we went on vacations without them, pouted if they didn't get their way and became very passive aggressive. My ex would always cave to them, heck to his wife & kids. And of course they were totally charming as was my ex. I never trust charming people now. Of course, YMMV 

I don't remember the Hoppys being that demanding at all.

• Love 2

Absolutely agree

• Love 2

I am really happy to see that the custody portion is settled and that the results are sealed from public view. At the end of the day, Bryn will have access to both of her parents (and Grandma and Grandpa Hoppy) which is the best thing for her. It's up to BOTH of her parents (at this point) to be mature people and parent the right way.

From what my attorney friends have told me (that do work in this area), New York State is pretty strict when it comes to handling prenuptial agreements. They've told me that Jason's lawyers would have to mainly show that one - he signed his prenup under duress; two - that the prenup signed was not fair and reasonable at the time they were married (which no attorney worth their salt would open themselves up for that kind of malpractice) and three, that by her filing for divorce and ending the marriage she would leave him without a way to support himself (which we all know is not true). With their marriage being as short as it was and the imbalance of their fortunes prior to getting married, Jason's attorneys will have a very hard sell to a judge in New York County (aka Manhattan) to prove he's entitled to any of her money outside of what was agreed to within the prenup. And because this portion of the divorce proceedings are sealed, we'll never truly know what was agreed to unless someone leaks it. TL:DR? The only people I see getting rich here are their mutual attorneys.

With that being said? If I were Bethenny I would say screw it and pay Jason off. They were together for a grand total of (maybe) five years - including the time they were dating each other and the time they were married - with him coming in at the very tail end of her business exploding (she was building her business for several years before she ever met him so I don't see how he was even 10% responsible for taking Skinny Girl to the next level). And yes, they have a prenup and his actions (to me) throughout this whole thing scream "I am thirsty" so I get why she is fighting for her money. I say give him enough so he can buy all the water he wants. Even better - give him the damn apartment or put it up for sale so that the proceeds will have to be split. Regardless of what we may think of her, she's always been a hustler - she can and will make more money doing something else. He'll fade back into obscurity, trying to be Captain Save-a-Ho for some other damaged soul. They'll really only have to see each other and/or communicate for Bryn's sake, and all of that will probably be worked out between their lawyers as part of the settlement.   And maybe I will see him around selling fancy drugs when I go into Manhattan to see my doctor. ;) 

• Love 7

When Jason married Bethenny she was in the process of leaving a hit show and filming a spin-off show that originally was going to be about her dating life in NYC. To me, both parties had to "act" to make the "Bethenny Getting Married. . " spin-off work. There was never any guarantee that either the show would be a success or that "Skinny Girl" would take off. At the time the third season of RHONYC filmed Bethenny seemed pretty delighted to be tooling around in a VW Bug wrapped in Skinny Girl logos (much to the chagrin of LuAnn). Would Jason, their marriage and child been blamed for the demise of Bethenny's fame and fortune? I would certainly hope anyone I married would support me in my career pursuits and enjoy the success along with me.

I disagree with that. When Jason introduce himself in such wonderful manner "Are you ever going to get the stick out of your ass" , Bethenny had already filmed the Martha Stewart Aprentice, she has filmed the first two seasons of RHNY and had a couple of best seller books under her belt. She had already been offered a spin off but most important whether her spin off "skinnygirl in the city" was sucesfful or not and we have no reason to believe it wouldn't , the fact is that by 2010 Bethenny had her cocktail off the ground with help from Mr. Kanbar, Bethenny's cocktail was going to be sucessful with ot without Jason.

I also venture to say that David Kanbar saw who the real Jason was, the one we never got to see during BGM, I read on some articles that Kanbar is the one who put his foot down and basically insisted that Bethenny had a prenup. Jason protested, moaned and groaned, Jason pleaded that they didn't need a prenup, didn't believe in one and that they will never get divorce so a prenup was not necessary. It is say that he only signed the prenup five days before the wedding because Kanbar treatened that without a prenup their partnership was over, he was taking his toys and leaving.

I don't blame him, they were in the middle of negotiations with liquor companies, they were looking for their best bid and the lack of a clear prenup that protected the cocktail line was a major treat to his investment. I don't blame him for putting his foot down, yet Jason still refuse and it is not until 5 days when Bethenny was going to call the wedding off that he finally signed.

I wonder now if all that BS of the runaway bride and the picture was nothing but the set up just in case the wedding had to be cancelled. Betheny surely must be thanking her lucky stars that Kanbar saw through Jason's real intentions way before her.

If Jason is acting like this with a prenup can you imagine without one?

• Love 5

Comparing the fame whoredom of Jason's parents with Bethenny is like comparing someone with a traffic ticket to a serial killer.

I don't doubt the Jason was opportunistic and saw a good thing and wanted to cash in but his parents always struck me as nice normal people.

Nice. Normal. Two things you can never say about Bethenny.

I don't doubt that they are nice and normal  but Papa Hoppy walking in his underwear in front of strangers rubs me the wrong way.

I am not saying for him not to make himself confortable, but he was well aware of the tension, he was aware that Bethenny and Jason were living under the same roof but basically not talking to each other. When Jason asked him to come out in his underwear with him to parade around the magazine crew, that is when loving and nice Papa Hoppy should have grabbed Jason by the arm and tell him, "son I know you are hurt, but this is not the way, not only are you embarrasing yourself but you are asking me to embarras myself with you and I am too old for that, we are not this kind of people, one thing is to antagonize your ex-wife but another one is to drag innocent by standers like those guys out there in something that is none of their business, what do you say if instead we get change and go out for a walk, let them finish here and by the time we come back they will be gone"

The fact that Papa Hoppy not only allowed Jason to do this but also joined him in the prank leaves me a little bit perturbed. Jason faked being the outstanding nice guy very long, did his parents too?

• Love 3

I don't remember the Hoppys being that demanding at all.

There were two notable events that kicked off arguments with B&J.  

The first was that after Brynn was born they were spending three weekends a month in PA with the Hoppy's.  When Bethenny said she worked all week and would like time at home on the weekend Jason suggested he just take Brynn and let B have the weekend to relax.  She explained that what she wanted was the 3 of them together relaxing and being a family.  He said it wasn't a complete family without the Hoppys.  He then said his parents could come down every other weekend and then they could go there every other weekend.

The second was the Jason birthday incident.  She had a birthday party with cake etc on the weekend before Jason's birthday when his parents were down to NYC.  Then she had a golf and cigar getaway for Jason with his buddies the next weekend which was closer to his actual birthday.  He was excited and thanked her and then after talking to his parents he told her it was mean of her to cut his parents out of his birthday.

So I don't think they are as nice and normal as all that.  I think they are just as messed up as Jason and Bethenny.

• Love 3

Hahahahaha. That's a hoot!! Maybe he thinks of an apartment as a place to live and relax -- as opposed to an apartment cum photostudio, beauty salon or place of business.  Certainly Bethenny could have afforded to rent (if not buy) a studio or an office instead of trooping her entire business into the family living quarters. The whole set-up never made sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the apartment actually purchased/leased through the Skinny Girl Corporation?

Also, when my parents come to visit my dad has enough couth to not walk around my house in his underwear and I don't even work out of my home anymore. The same is true for my husband's parents. Nor, do they walk around in their underwear when we visit them. 

Even if things were on a good level between Bethenny and Jason, why on earth would Jason's father think that it is ok to walk around Bethenny and Jason's home in his underwear in the middle of the day? is that something that people really do on a regular basis and is considered normal parental behavior? I mean if they were in The Hoppy's home I could at least say he has every right to walk around that way regardless of who is visiting, but who does that in someone else's home? Even if it is one of their adult children?

• Love 6

Hahahahaha. That's a hoot!! Maybe he thinks of an apartment as a place to live and relax -- as opposed to an apartment cum photostudio, beauty salon or place of business.  Certainly Bethenny could have afforded to rent (if not buy) a studio or an office instead of trooping her entire business into the family living quarters. The whole set-up never made sense.

I understand wanting to be nice and comfortable in an apartment, if it's your apartment, but this is not Papa Hoppy's apartment.  My father in law has been to visit me in my house many times and he always wears pants.  He also wears pants when I'm visiting him at his house.  I assumed this was the norm, but perhaps I need to call my father in law and thank him for being a man of enough decency to always wear pants in my presence.  Also, it's not unusual for home and business to intersect (as has been pointed out) and even if Bethenny didn't use a home office, it's certainly not unusual for people in the public eye to have photo shoots in their home.  I am sure the handful of professionals who were working the photo shoot loved having a heaping helping of saggy old man Hoppy package when they were just trying to do their job. 

And if Bryn also ran out in her underwear during that shoot, would she too be reflecting a family propensity for passive/aggressive behavior?  Does anyone really think Papa Hoppy had either a deep desire or uncontrolled impulse to be seen in his underwear by various assistants, photographers, and minions? Please!!  Paranoia will destroy ya!

Bryn is a three year old child (just turned four?) and Papa Hoppy is a grown man.  A man of Papa Hoppy's age is old enough to understand the nuances of making people uncomfortable, or making a point of choosing to behave in a way that you know will irritate, embarrass or aggravate another person.  A child of Bryn's age has no understanding of these issues.  To compare the two is ludicrous.  Do I believe that Papa Hoppy walked around in his underwear intentionally?  Yes, I am guessing he didn't believe that he was alone in the apartment. 

• Love 6

HyperBethie is full of hyperbole, methinks.  Mr. Hoppy probably had on boxer-like shorts and a t-shirt.  Similar to what my husband wears to bed when he chooses to dress up and act fancy.

I don't like her or trust her.  I believe she would/did blow up the tiniest bit of nothing to suit her cause.  Because that's all she had:  A bunch of little shit that she tried to blow up into big shit.  Big fat fail.  She had nothing.

I don't even know why they allowed that Tidbit of Stupid into the courtroom.  Where were the people who saw Mr. Hoppy in his underpants? 

• Love 8
I don't even know why they allowed that Tidbit of Stupid into the courtroom.  Where were the people who saw Mr. Hoppy in his underpants?

I guessing they exist, because I don't think Bethenny or her attorneys are stupid enough to allow her to perjure herself in court. 

• Love 3

I don't even know why they allowed that Tidbit of Stupid into the courtroom.  Where were the people who saw Mr. Hoppy in his underpants?

It was a photo shoot so they are out there.  The other part of that were the two of them eating off the craft services set up for the people working on the shoot.  All of her stories had outside witnesses.  'Tidbit of Stupid'?  I don't think so.  I think this is part of his campaign.  There was the secret videos/audio that the judge put an end to as well.  I think he is scary.  And the fact that his father participated in his punishing of Bethenny is creepy.

• Love 11

Mr. Hoppy probably had on boxer-like shorts and a t-shirt.  Similar to what my husband wears to bed when he chooses to dress up and act fancy.

But, would your husband's father walk around your home wearing the same if he were just there for a visit? I'm not trying to be snarky or combative, I just want to know if this kind of behavior is typical of other people's in-laws, as I have never experienced this with my husband's parents and would be appalled by it. 

• Love 1

All of her stories had outside witnesses.

I heard that nobody would show up on her behalf. 

That said, I don't know if I believe any of what we're hearing is actually true.  How do we know she even said that about Jason's dad?  I didn't follow the case that closely but could much of this be made up by the tabs?  I mean, I actually find it hard, and sad, to believe that NOBODY, not Julie, not Beth's friend (Andy?)  nor the girlfriend in Florida who said Beth's eggs were old - wouldn't show up to support her.

As far as perjuring herself, she could have said (if she said it at all) that Mr. Hoppy was walking around in his underwear if it was really only boxer-like shorts and a t-shirt.  Not really perjury but a slight twist in what people might perceive as underwear.

In any event, I'm glad it's over for Bryn's sake.

• Love 1
(edited)

That said, I don't know if I believe any of what we're hearing is actually true.  How do we know she even said that about Jason's dad?

The testimony was not closed, reporters were allowed in the courtroom.  I don't believe that the reporters are making things up.  This was reported by New York Daily News, from an actual reporter,  it's not US Weekly.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

But, would your husband's father walk around your home wearing the same if he were just there for a visit? I'm not trying to be snarky or combative, I just want to know if this kind of behavior is typical of other people's in-laws, as I have never experienced this with my husband's parents and would be appalled by it.

Good Lord, my eyeballs, no. LOL. 

That's what I mean - it's behavior that seems so beyond the pale that A.) either Mr. Hoppy is that weird and really did it,  B.) Bethenny embellished or....C.) she never said it in court AT ALL and it was the tabs who made it up that she did.

But my negative feelings about Bethenny are so deeply ingrained that I fully believe she's capable of twisting the truth to suit her purpose, climbing over anyone to get to where she wants to be. 

Here's a picture of Beth, Bryn and Jason together recently.  The site says it was May 30 of this year.  I hope they can keep it classy.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/06/05/bethenny-frankel-custody-battle-jason-hoppy-daughter-bryne/

The testimony was not closed, reporters were allowed in the courtroom.  I don't believe that the reporters are making things up.  This was reported by New York Daily News, from an actual reporter,  it's not US Weekly.

Thanks, shoegal.  I'll have to check that out. 

I am under the impression that Jason is not contesting the pre-nup but it is now a battle of forensic accountants as to exactly what he is entitled to under the terms of the pre-nup. It is fairly common for opposing sides to have differing views on what exactly the numbers mean. I think it is pretty standard in a contested divorce for the parties to have very different ideas of what "it" means.

As far as Bethenny and her surprise party-she was the producer of the show-there was no surprise factor involved at all. Sometimes people throw someone a lousy party-live with it. The idea that Bethenny leaves anything to chance while filming is laughable. I think my problem with Bethenny's show was I eventually found what Bethenny thought to be entertaining differed from what I found to be entertaining. She was in charge of editing and I grew to go from finding her bright and witty to incredibly self-centered and unaware of her husband requests, needs and wants.

• Love 6

Good Lord, my eyeballs, no. LOL.

That's what I mean - it's behavior that seems so beyond the pale that A.) either Mr. Hoppy is that weird and really did it,  B.) Bethenny embellished or....C.) she never said it in court AT ALL and it was the tabs who made it up that she did.

Thanks for clarifying. I was starting to wonder if my family was just extremely uptight. LOL!

• Love 2

I heard that nobody would show up on her behalf.

A source close to Hoppy said that he had his parents testifying for him and no one from her family would testify for her.  So that meets Mr Creepy and his wife would testify but Bethenny's mother, who she has not talked to in 10 years, would not be testifying for her.  But it's all gossip.  We only really would have know if they had not settled.  So for judgey judges like me I'm upset they settled.  For Brynn, I'm glad they did.

• Love 2

I am under the impression that Jason is not contesting the pre-nup but it is now a battle of forensic accountants as to exactly what he is entitled to under the terms of the pre-nup. It is fairly common for opposing sides to have differing views on what exactly the numbers mean. I think it is pretty standard in a contested divorce for the parties to have very different ideas of what "it" means.

As far as Bethenny and her surprise party-she was the producer of the show-there was no surprise factor involved at all. Sometimes people throw someone a lousy party-live with it. The idea that Bethenny leaves anything to chance while filming is laughable. I think my problem with Bethenny's show was I eventually found what Bethenny thought to be entertaining differed from what I found to be entertaining. She was in charge of editing and I grew to go from finding her bright and witty to incredibly self-centered and unaware of her husband requests, needs and wants.

The same can be said for Jason after she repeatedly beg him to have a very low key party. Yes, she did agree to it and she hired the planner to carry on with it but she was very emphatic with Jason that she didn't want any grandiose moments and that she just wanted it to keep it low and what did Jason do? He did exactly the opposite of what she asked him, so much for Jason being aware of his wife requests, needs and wants.

As far as Bethenny making up this in front of the judge and risking not only to perjure herself but also to hurt her custody case I am sure that her lawyers would not let her go ahead with it. My lawyer was very clear with me before I took the stand as to only say the things that 1) can be proven w/documents or 2) can be proven through witnesses because if during cross examination there was any loose fact his lawyer would nail me to the cross.  Being that Bethenny was about to be crossexamined, being that she still has more to talk before it was Jason's turn I am sure that they reaching a settlement was a benefit for both.

• Love 2

There were two notable events that kicked off arguments with B&J.  

The first was that after Brynn was born they were spending three weekends a month in PA with the Hoppy's.  When Bethenny said she worked all week and would like time at home on the weekend Jason suggested he just take Brynn and let B have the weekend to relax.  She explained that what she wanted was the 3 of them together relaxing and being a family.  He said it wasn't a complete family without the Hoppys.  He then said his parents could come down every other weekend and then they could go there every other weekend.

The second was the Jason birthday incident.  She had a birthday party with cake etc on the weekend before Jason's birthday when his parents were down to NYC.  Then she had a golf and cigar getaway for Jason with his buddies the next weekend which was closer to his actual birthday.  He was excited and thanked her and then after talking to his parents he told her it was mean of her to cut his parents out of his birthday.

So I don't think they are as nice and normal as all that.  I think they are just as messed up as Jason and Bethenny.

Thanks.....I'd forgotten all that, and it does change my mind about them

• Love 1

I think the fact that they settled is just further indication of both of their selfishness.

Did they ever once consider our enjoyment over these continued proceedings?

Selfish bastards, the both of them!

• Love 15

I think the fact that they settled is just further indication of both of their selfishness.

Did they ever once consider our enjoyment over these continued proceedings?

Selfish bastards, the both of them!

LOL

I don't think that Jason's parents ever exibited this.  Jason is close to his parents.  He wanted to spend time with them.  I don't think it's abnormal to want to see your family or spend holidays with them especially since Bethenny didn't want to spend anytime with her mother or family.  I also think that one of the reasons why the Hoppys' agreed to appear on the show was maybe to show support to Bethenny and to have time with their son and granddaughter.  It was obvious from the beginning that Bethenny wanted distance from them. 

Bethenny's concept of family is so screwed up.  Remember when her mother gave an interview and Bethenny got so outraged.  She said she hated her.  But Bethenny had no problem talking about her mother and her supposedly awful childhood on TV but her mother apparently isn't allowed to respond.

BTW, I was a huge Bethenny fan up until Bethenny Ever After. 

• Love 2