Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny & Jason: The Divorce Showdown

• Start Topic

My first quote I hope I do this right.

Jason is so vanilla I think it's easy to paint him with the broad brush of each posters past experience. I also think Bethenny idealized what having a family meant. Yes it brings support and love but it also brings obligations (thanksgiving at the in laws anyone? ) and expectations. I don't think Bethenny really thought out what that would mean for her. She is used to doing her own thing and could only feign interest in Sunday dinners for so long. Bethenny obviously had a very chaotic upbringing and I think she is unwittingly giving Brynn the same kind of life. For example the assistant/godmother who has never been heard from again, the makeup artist/ guardian, god knows where she is. I think Bethenny finds stability and routine boring. Look at the way she ran her office. People coming and going, crazy schedules, no daily routine. That is how she choose to run it because that is exciting to her. Jason could never hold her interest. The run away bride painting was true. He could never catch her.

Darn screwed up the quote. Sorry, I have a steep learning curve.

• Love 9

I find it ironic that Bethenny complained in court about the vileness of Jason leaving pee and poop unflushed. This from a woman who hiked up her wedding dress and peed in a bucket on national television.

• Love 7

@nc socialworker To quote, you can either click the " at the bottom of the post you'd like to quote, then click the "reply with 1 quote" button that pops up, you can also click the " button in your own reply box and type the quote in there or (in my opinion the easiest option) is to type out [ quote ] paste text you'd like to quote [ / quote ] without the spaces. Hope that helps! 

• Love 3
(edited)

Jason is so vanilla I think it's easy to paint him with the broad brush of each posters past experience.

I think that is exactly right. We have to reserve judgment until we see what the judge decides as to who is right and who is wrong.

Just remember that Jason is Bethenny's imaginary boyfriend. 

Edited by Trooper York
(edited)

We have to reserve judgment until we see what the judge decides as to who is right and who is wrong.

Why do we have to reserve judgment? Judgment is what I live for!!  If Jason is willing to whore himself out on reality tv, I think it's perfectly reasonable to judge him as Bethenny is judged.  He was perfectly willing to participate in putting all his laundry out there, so I'm fine with deciding whether or not it's dirty. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 10
(edited)

Why do we have to reserve judgment? Judgment is what I live for!!  If Jason is willing to whore himself out on reality tv, I think it's perfectly reasonable to judge him as Bethenny is judged.  He was perfectly willing to participate in putting all his laundry out there, so I'm fine with deciding whether or not it's dirty. 

Right?! Now is when I'm supposed reserve judgment? I've been posting about reality TV folks for some years now (being judgmental, for sure), and only because Jason Hoppy is held under a magnifying glass is when I should reserve judgment? 

Curious how that's supposed to work now. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

Ok, the primary custody is going to go to the individual that will make the non-custodial parent life the easiest.  It isn't about how is the bestest parent ever.  Crack addicts get custody for heavens sake.  That shocks a lot of folks but I'm sure J/B's lawyers have explained this to them.  Bethenny's testimony is about the fact that Jason will not preserve her relationship with Brynn.  She also needs to prove that she will preserve his relationship with Brynn.  (Not sure how grandparents factor in  NY but here if there is a parent in the relationship it is the parents job to preserve the grandparents rights.  So Jason's parents would be part of his time with Brynn.)

So things like Jason's treatment of the dog, Jason saying ugly things to Brynn about her mother etc will go a llloooongg way to Bethenny becoming the primary custodian.  It sounds like there were witnesses to Cookie's banishment and there have been witness to Jason's smart cracks during handoffs so Jason has some work to do when he gets on the stand.  There was an evaluation of Brynn and things that her parents said to her will weigh heavily on the decision.  So if she has all kinds of things that Daddy says about Mommy then Mommy gets primary and vice versa.

So much Jason bashing...There is a reason no one will stand up for Bethanny. She is a control freak and should not get sole custody.  She's constantly bashing Jason yet he keeps quiet.  I hope Jason gets joint custody and some of her $$$.

• Love 2
So much Jason bashing...There is a reason no one will stand up for Bethanny. She is a control freak and should not get sole custody.  She's constantly bashing Jason yet he keeps quiet.  I hope Jason gets joint custody and some of her $$$.

I'm not seeing the same thing.  There are plenty of people that stand up for Bethenny.  I have not heard either of them publicly bashing the other since the gag order.  I saw both of them bashing during the reality show.  There will be NO joint custody since this is a contentious divorce.  Yes some of her money.  If she is worth $12 million there is no reason he should get $10 million.  I hope there is a solution that lets her move back to the apartment that was built with her money, a custom Skinny Girl Bar and her corporate offices.  I hope that Jason receives $$ that is in accordance with the pre-nup.  I hope that Brynn has a healthy relationship with both parents without interference.  

• Love 3

Absolutely!!

Jason is trying to portray himself as the poor guy who was forced to do a reality show even thoygh he didn't want to. LOL

Jason stared onn RHNY season 3, BGM, BEA 1 and BEA2 , these are four seasons of a reality show. He is as much of a famewhore as he accuses Bethenny to be.

His only objections to filming happened when the divorce was filed, he even filmed some shows of the Bethenny show where he paraded Bryn with no problem but as soon as the divorce was filed then he refused to let Bryn to be filmed at all.  He is a joke IMO and so as many have made a sport of bashing Bethenny as if she was the only responsible for this marriage to fell apart I just happen to think that what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

• Love 5

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand she settled.

http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-divorce-custody-battle-jason-hoppy-settled-daughter-brynn

Hoppy's attorney says.

"My client is delighted that this custody battle has been resolved; that his co-parenting status has been acknowledged; that the parties' child will have the benefit of being raised by both parents; and most importantly, that his daughter will no longer be at the mercy of a high-profile courtroom battle," attorney Bernard Clair says in a statement to PEOPLE

It was her lawyer's turn to question her. She didn't want any part of that lol.

• Love 1

Well the custody is over.  Shared with sealed conditions.  So now the paps are going to be logging real time trying to figure this out.  I wonder why he didn't let Bethenny finish.  She was still scheduled to speak.  So it could be they both had dirty laundry.  I don't know what could be worse than what we already know about these two.

She has not requested sole custody so I am sure the judge will not even entertain that. Primary physical custody with sole legal custody doesn't equate to sole custody with one parent being banish of the child's life.

Jason keeps quiet? Uhmmmm I am not sure about that. Matter of fact I am sure of exactly the opposite

All of the articles from Radar Online have "inside or confidential sources" who just happen to know everything that is happening at the apartment. i.e. When the article came about Bethenny calling Jason white trash (Radar published that months ago) and pouring water in his face, when I read that article my first thought was that if Bethenny did that she surely would have done it when nobody was around, yet the article appeared on Radar and from there other publications.  That was the moment when I knew that Jason was doing his fair share of leaking and playing this divorced up in the media to his advantage. A quick look at the articles that Radar has posted since December 2012 when the separation was announced and every single of them is a slam to Bethenny, has a revelation about the divorce procedings or very sneakly reminds the readers about the "sole custody" which they know is misleading. The Jason who was capable of the hacking and wiretaping surely is capable and has ben IMO playing the media for as long as this divorce is going.

• Love 1

http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-divorce-custody-battle-jason-hoppy-settled-daughter-brynn

Classic Jason move, his lawyers are making it sound as if he prevailed but I would like to know who was named primary custodial parent and if in reality the one who settled was Jason because he knew he was on his way to losing.

After all the judge slam him few months ago when he demanded that he turned in all the wiretaped called and videos he had and forbid any more emailk hacking.

Many details more to come I hope , even though the case is sealed I wonder who will be the one leaking more details.

The sharing doesn't surprise me at all , after all primary custody in the state of NY is basically that, sharing with one of them having a tiny bit more time than the other. I would just like to know wh owas named primary custodial parent at the end.

Maybe Jason just didn't want to go there, Bethenny still had another round of testimony to give and I am sure that some of her claims can be proven, staff can be questioned about Jason's antics, the shelter where Cookie was left probably has a receipt and Jason was not interested in any of this airing at all. After all he has worked the press masterfully to create the notion that he wants to share custody so there is a perception of winning.

I want to know who was named primary custodial parent after all.

• Love 1

Speaking of Cookie - I guess her "Cookie meets Peanut" book is not the runaway best seller she thought it would be!  I can't imagine why!?

Because it doesn't publish until September?

• Love 2

It's impossible to read motive into the fact of settlement without being closer to the case. Settlements happen in the same way sales happen-- one party offers an amount of money the other party is willing to accept.  Just like a sale, the amount of money they finally agree on is based on their independent evaluations of the value of the case.  Here, they settled either because Bethenny upped what she was offering (for example, because she did not want to face Jason's own testimony about her antics, or because she found testifying wrenching and didn't want to have to testify any more), or Jason lowered what he was willing to accept (to put an end to the pain of sitting and listening to Bethenny testify, or because his lawyer felt on balance that Bethenny held up better on the stand than anticipated).  No one can comment on what motivated the settlement without having more information about it-- no one can comment on it with any accuracy, that is.  Everyone will still comment.  I mean, duh, look where I'm posting this! 

• Love 5

This is just me speculating of course.

Jason has been playing the media since the divorce started, confusing the public with pointing at sole custody vs share custody which only represented the legal part of the deal. When it comes to physical custody though, they both have requested the same which is primary custody which from my own experience means sharing but not exactly split in half.

The fact that Jason's lawyer has been so quick to come to the media and talk about an agreement to share instead of saying "my client was awarded primary custody and they will share legal custody" IMO can only mean that he was not chosen the primary custodial parent but was given the most possible time I.e 49% of the time with Bryn, which was always a possibility with primary custody, and they are promoting this as share custody.

They both have requested primary custody and I don't think the judge could enforce any sharing, specially when the state of ny is well known for always wanting to have one of the parents named a primary custodian.

So my speculation is that Bethenny was awarded primary physical custody with 51% vs Jason as non primary custodial parent with 49%. If Jason would had been named primary caregiver he would be shouting it loud and clear just to continue painting the figure of Bethenny as an unfit parent. JMO

• Love 2

Bethenny testified that he closed Cookie in a storage room with her bed and water. This came from a third party. So that means that if they called B a liar she had someone that was going to verify the story. Then he took her one night to a dog hotel and refused to tell Bethenny or her assistant where she was. So her assistant would back that up. I personally think that behavior is worse than him secretly filming and taping her.

• Love 4

I love dogs, but, personally, I thought Cookie was a pain in the ass!  (And Bethenny admitted as much!)  Why did Bethenny turn Jason into the dog sitter then?  Where was Bethenny?  Where was the assistant?  And of course Jason didn't tell them which shelter-- neither would I, since they would've just retrieved the she-beast (Cookie, I mean) and returned her right to Jason, who did not want to play dogsitter.  (Anyhow, again, chum bucket, meet shark tank, I know....)   

• Love 2
(edited)

I also believed that what he did to that poor dog was despicable and revealing of his true nasty nature.

Cookie is an old dog, can you imagine what would have happened if anything terrible happened to that dog while Jason was playing his twisted mind games? I am not a dog person but I can tell Bethenny adores that dog and even calls her "her furry child". I am sure that Bethenny is not stupid enough to jeopardize her whole custody case and commit perjury in front of the judge with something that can be somewhat verified and this is what among other things might have prompted this settlement.

As usual Jason has played up the victim card so he gets to sing victory for sharing custody when he knows that primary custody does allow sharing. He doesn't have to testify but he also cannot be confronted with any evidence of his shenanigans.

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 2

He turned himself into a dog sitter. If he didn't want to live in a house with her employees and her dog there is an easy solution. MOVE. What a person does to an animal is what they are capable of with a human being.

It was THEIR house, not HER house.  And if Cookie needed special attention due to her age, Bethenny should have arranged for that.  What Jason did doesn't sound abusive-- he put Cookie in a room with food and water, he put her up at a boarding house.  Where's the cruelty?  

• Love 4

If she loved the dog so much and Jason is so terrible why didn't she arrange for it to be taken care of in a manner that she would approve by one of her minions.

It 's not his dog. It's not his problem.

Putting that nasty beast in a room where it wouldn't bite visitors seems pretty reasonable.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't see the basis for speculation that Jason or his supporters leaked info to Radar.  As shown on TV, Bethenny was surrounded by a slew of folks - assistants, publicists, hairdressers, makeup artists, SG people. They all seemed to work out of their living quarters.  As such, they both aired crap in front of these folks that should have been private - but wasn't.  Maybe they continued to do so - thinkingly or unthinkingly - after the show and cameras left.  ANY of those folks could have witnessed any of it and then leaked it.  (And so what if they did - or he did? On occasion, she certainly used her talk show as a bully pulpit to go after him.)

Plus, some PTV and TWOP posters (mostly in Bethenny's camp) describe events or surmise what she feels or the basis for her actions with such force or detail that they seem directly connected and not merely uninvolved observers. Hmmm.  So if Jason or her staff is leaking to Radar, is Bethenny (or an assistant to her) planting replies on various forums?  Could happen.  Who really knows?  And it's petty tit for tat when their child's welfare should be first and foremost. Maybe one or neither could help themselves. Once a manipulator, always a manipulator. But the settlement offers a chance for their child to be the  real winner -  if they can only button it up and move on without regard to who got 49% and who got 51% or whatever percentage attached, if that's even the case.   It's not a contest, it's a child's life.     

Further, I don't understand speculation that Jason will leak info about the settlement.  The reports state that it was SEALED.  If that's true, that means private. Many sealed agreements include huge liquidated penalties for the side that leaks information.  This one may have, but even without it, who'd want to tick off the judge by leaking info given that the same judge still has to rule on other aspects or has continuing jurisdiction to enforce the settlement??   

Edited by realityplease
  • Love 4
(edited)

I don't think this settlement is about Jason caving or being afraid at all.  She was the one who originally filed for primary custody.  He filed in reaction to her.  This settlement is about Bethenny realizing that she didn't have a case and knew that she was going to get cross examined by Jason's attorney today.  I don't think it would have been pretty and her popularity already has been going down the tubes.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 8

How did Bethenny "turn" Jason into Cookie's dog sitter? He dated, moved in with, had a child with, and married a woman who had a dog, and who had had the dog in her life for a number of years. None of that was new information to him. If Bethenny was away on business, is the expectation that she board Cookie some place if Jason's the one at the home during Bethenny's time away from home? That certainly didn't seem to be the arrangement before. Is that a typical arrangement between cohabitating couples where one half of the couple was the pet owner before the relationship?

Now Jason's act is trying to be spun as him suddenly having only the best of intentions by putting Cookie up in the bestest of doggy hotels, after locking the dog in a closet. Oh, but he put a bowl of water in the closet--he's so thoughtful!--before deciding that he'd just drop the ol' girl off and not tell where he took the dog.

That Jason Hoppy. He's so dreamy! And the perfect gentleman. I want a man just like him!

• Love 6

More spin from the Jason haters that he's the devil & he's somehow controlling the media now, so they supposedly always put him in a positive light?  Hey, why not just call Jason "devil man", eh?  Guess he's just the most horrible evil man who has ever existed, right?  Nope, not buying it, Jason haters.  If this got settled, it's cuz Beth caved.  

Here's what the NY tabs say -- they don't really don't know shit what happened either-

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/04/bethenny-frankel-settles-bitter-custody-battle/?_ga=1.172825059.1578229990.1340949624

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-reach-custody-deal-daughter-article-1.1817136

Look, Beths held all the cards all along.  She didn't wanna testify anymore cuz she had a lot to lose.  She was looking like absolute shit in court.  And it was only gonna get worse.  She may not have a talk show anymore, but she still has the booze & whatever else to push & sell.  And shitty PR ain't gonna help her.  She knew that.  It had nothing to do with Jason being the red-horned devil, as so many on here are trying to paint him as.

I'm more interested in what the financial settlement will be.  Will he get much or any Skinnygirl dough & will she have to finally, finally, finally fess up on what she's really worth.  Both those articles say she worth 55 mil.  Where the fuck did that number pop out of?  I used to hear she was worth 120 mil, then 100 mil -- it keeps fuckin' changing all the time.  How much is this woman really worth?

• Love 1

I dunno. I am just team Jason.  He's not perfect by a mile but I honestly hope he walks away with half of the Skinny Girl fortune.  He deserves it having to put up with Bethenny.  Yikes.  When B kicked Jason to the curb it was the best thing that ever happened to him and he got a beautiful little girl out of the relationship so that's something ....

(edited)

So let me get this straight, she goes on the stand to testify, puts all of this stuff out there about Jason and before he can offer a rebuttal, she settles? And he's the one who is playing the press? Lucky for Brynn the custody issue is over and she'll have both of her parents in her life.

Edited by myname2use4now
  • Love 3

More spin from the Jason haters that he's the devil & he's somehow controlling the media now, so they supposedly always put him in a positive light?  Hey, why not just call Jason "devil man", eh?  Guess he's just the most horrible evil man who has ever existed, right?  Nope, not buying it, Jason haters.  If this got settled, it's cuz Beth caved.  

Here's what the NY tabs say -- they don't really don't know shit what happened either-

http://pagesix.com/2014/06/04/bethenny-frankel-settles-bitter-custody-battle/?_ga=1.172825059.1578229990.1340949624

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bethenny-frankel-estranged-husband-reach-custody-deal-daughter-article-1.1817136

Look, Beths held all the cards all along.  She didn't wanna testify anymore cuz she had a lot to lose.  She was looking like absolute shit in court.  And it was only gonna get worse.  She may not have a talk show anymore, but she still has the booze & whatever else to push & sell.  And shitty PR ain't gonna help her.  She knew that.  It had nothing to do with Jason being the red-horned devil, as so many on here are trying to paint him as.

I'm more interested in what the financial settlement will be.  Will he get much or any Skinnygirl dough & will she have to finally, finally, finally fess up on what she's really worth.  Both those articles say she worth 55 mil.  Where the fuck did that number pop out of?  I used to hear she was worth 120 mil, then 100 mil -- it keeps fuckin' changing all the time.  How much is this woman really worth?

That is a very tricky question. I followed the sale because I found fascinating how she used her platform to acumulate such fortune. The initial reports have the sale at 100M, so probably that is the reason why everybody thinks she has 100M in her bank account so the 10M that Jason is requesting doesn't sound like too much. The sale is sealed so nobody knows for sure, but when Rob Shuter published an article about the sale being only 8M (which the HuffPost had to apologized for) Forbes stood by their original estimate that the sale had the potential to be around 100M.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghancasserly/2011/10/13/bethenny-frankels-skinnygirl-deal-the-numbers-still-hold-up/

So according to this article there was a one time payment of 39M upfront and then a later payment of 25M as a bonus per performance sale , that is what is documented, so far 64M , the rest is to be paid over a 7 year period but is based on sale numbers, Bethenny might get those bonuses or she might not. Forbes predicted that if Bethenny hit every benchmark then the whole sale had the potential to be worth from 100M to 120M. Bethenny decided to take the scaled payment and took the risk with the bonuses but her partner and main investor David Kanbar decided to take his half and move on to other ventures. After all he has no emotional connection to SGC.

As usual the press ran with it and immediately promoted the sale as a 100-120M but so far only 64M of that is real and documented, minus taxes, payments to negotiators, payments to lawyers, etc. I would venture to say that Bethenny and Kanbar both received 20 - 25M each. That IMO is a much more realistic number than the 100M that the press has paraded around. Bethenny has said herself that she is not as wealthy as people think she is.

That is why I find incredibly greedy of Jason to request 10M for a settlement, he is entitled to some money for his two years invested but to request 10 out of 25M is laughable if you ask me. He signed a prenup but in reality what he is doing is trying to get half of Bethenny's patrimony.

• Love 4

I dunno. I am just team Jason.  He's not perfect by a mile but I honestly hope he walks away with half of the Skinny Girl fortune.  He deserves it having to put up with Bethenny.  Yikes.  When B kicked Jason to the curb it was the best thing that ever happened to him and he got a beautiful little girl out of the relationship so that's something ....

Me too....Bethenny is a beast

• Love 1

That is why I find incredibly greedy of Jason to request 10M for a settlement, he is entitled to some money for his two years invested but to request 10 out of 25M is laughable if you ask me. He signed a prenup but in reality what he is doing is trying to get half of Bethenny's patrimony.

But wasn't Jason's request after she had refused shared custody and put in for sole custody or whatever it was? I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers told him to request that much for the purposes of negotiation...in other words, if you want $4, ask for $10 and you can work your way down from there. While I think Jason is entitled to a portion of SG, if your numbers are correct, $10mm is a stretch. That's why I think it's a negotiation tactic. From what I remember, Jason was ok with the prenup until she threw in the full custody wrench. Then it seemed as though everything was on the table. I still think they should have just settled on things quickly for the benefit  of them both and especially, Brynn.

But wasn't Jason's request after she had refused shared custody and put in for sole custody or whatever it was? I wouldn't be surprised if his lawyers told him to request that much for the purposes of negotiation...in other words, if you want $4, ask for $10 and you can work your way down from there. While I think Jason is entitled to a portion of SG, if your numbers are correct, $10mm is a stretch. That's why I think it's a negotiation tactic. From what I remember, Jason was ok with the prenup until she threw in the full custody wrench. Then it seemed as though everything was on the table. I still think they should have just settled on things quickly for the benefit  of them both and especially, Brynn.

That is the point , Bethenny has never requested for sole physical custody as in trying to get rid of Jason. She has always know that they will have to share Bryn's time. Bethenny requested primary custody which in the state of NY is almost the norm, that one of the parents has to be named primary custodian even if for all purposes they share the child almost half and half. Judges name one of them primary for tax purposes and/or legal residence but the time can be shared and that is why I was always convinced that they will end up sharing.

Sole legal custody was requested by Bethenny and Jason, as both are aware that the communicatuion lines were broken and that there would be no way to get pass their differences. Besides most of the time who ultimately is named primary custodial also gets sole legal custody which is just a final say when they are trapped in a disagreement. Jason changed only that portion of his petition (IMO to make it look like he was willing to share while Bethenny was not) fully knowing that if all came down to the judge, probably the parent named as primary custodial parent would also get sole legal custody, but as far as the physical custody much like Betheny he was requesting to be named primary guardian.

According to articles Bethenny has already made a generous offer to him but he has set up his bar at 10M. Jason has signed a prenup that protects any past, present and future earnings of any profit made by the sale of the cocktail line, that is where most of Bethenny's money come from. Her other business ventures: books, nutritional bars, TV gigs, water, apparel, etc while probably mildly succesful are nowhere close to generate millions upon millions for Bethenny.  

New York is not a community property state like CA where the couple (without a prenup) has to split everything in half, NY is an equitable distribution state where property is not necessarily split in half but there are a lot of considerations, one of them being the lenght of the marriage and what each person brought to the marriage. That is why I believe that Jason and his lawyers are very aware that with a prenup protecting the money from the sale and Jason only being able to claim part of Bethenny's other business deals that there will not be a huge amount of money coming his way (probably way less than 5M) so his only real chance of getting the amount he thinks he deserves is to force Bethenny to settle for a much larger amount.

This is IMO why this case has been played largely on the press, Jason knows that if the judge has to decided, he won't get as much as if he weasels his way into a settlement. Jason hiring a financial forensic expert to trace every penny that Bethenny has made was probably setting the stage early on to force a settlement. He knows that Bethenny can't reveal the amount of the sale, he knows that she is contractually obligated not to speak about this, he knows he is not entitled to any money from the sale but just much like the custody case, the press keeps repeating that Bethenny is woth 120M so by default ir makes her look petty because she doesn't want to pay Jason a measly 10M that he deserves , because (this is actually laughable) he is the one who help her with the sale and so he should get half of her money for that. Jason had nothing to do with the sale at all.

• Love 2

I think that we as a group of public peoples really have a hard time with women that are the boss.  I love the campaign that started after someone called Beyonce bossy.  Her answer was, I am the boss.  Any driven type A woman seems to really irritate us.  Look at the women in reality tv that are getting a lot of flak, Kate G, Jen Arnold, Bethenny - I don't think any of them nor any of the men in their lives are perfect.  But why is it that the women seem singled out for being mean, harsh, greedy?  Just really not a nice reflection of what happens when a woman steps outside of society's norm.

So because I feel that way I give a whole lot of leeway to women.  I assume most of the press negative to Bethenny isn't about the truth but about the fact that she is a driven person that will not take no for an answer.  If she was Lee Iacocca we would write books about her process.  IMHO :)

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with Bethenny aspiring to make as much money as possible....it is her IMO, very abrasive personality that I can't stand.  She seems to have no insight whatsoever into her psychological problems, and I think she has many.

• Love 6

I don't think this settlement is about Jason caving or being afraid at all.  She was the one who originally filed for primary custody.  He filed in reaction to her.  This settlement is about Bethenny realizing that she didn't have a case and knew that she was going to get cross examined by Jason's attorney today.  I don't think it would have been pretty and her popularity already has been going down the tubes.

This.  I 100% agree with this.  Bethenny was getting cross-examined by Jason's attorney today.  Then Jason would be taking the stand himself most likely early next week.  Bethenny and her camp did NOT want that happening. Whatever dirt Bethenny had on him, Jason had a crap ton on her as well.

All in MHO of course.

• Love 6

I'm glad Jason will have equal custody and decision making with regard to Bryn. I believe he will do all those normal childhood things such as trips to the zoo, pumpkin patch, Carnivals etc. with her. Plus- she will get to spend time with her grandparents who I always saw as nice, down to earth people. This will all be good for her. As far as Jason's financial settlement- if he had any hand in SG he deserves his fair share. I have no doubt that Bethenny had zero interest in all the "business" involved in selling SG- she liked the fun, glamorous side- getting hair and makeup done; giving interviews, etc. I'll bet she asked Jason to get involved because she had no desire and most likely no understanding of the process involved in the sale of her product, she just wanted it done. It was the same thing when they bought that apartment . He ( as she stated on the show) handled all the negotiating , contracts, etc. involved with that then tossed her the keys so she could get started on what was interesting to her- decorating. So- if he had a hand in selling SG and other business aspects of the company he's entitled to something. Not necessary 10 million but something...,,

• Love 1

We can only hope that this poor kid gets to spend a lot of time with her father and his parents. They will be the only beacon of stability and normality in the chaos that is Bethenny's preferred lifestyle. Or least the lifestyle she portrays on her many TV shows.

It is very telling that she settled before she had to testify. She must have a lot to hide.

• Love 2
(edited)

Bethenny was told by the court to accept Jason's offer of joint custody prior to trial.  She decided to roll the dice and after putting on a good portion of her case capitulated to Jason's original demand.   I truly believe Bethenny thought the world would be appalled at Jason's "brutality" in the marriage and subsequent behavior post divorce filing.  It just didn't happen and Bethenny wisely decided to pull up the stakes and fold her tent.  From what I read the "brutal" treatment and words sounded pretty much like day to day normal divorce stuff.   This couple, in particular Bethenny, had a televised history of being verbally offensive.  I did think the turning up the TV and taking the remote was humorous in a fraternity prank sort of way (I guess all one had to do was unplug the TV).

In round two the money demands-obviously Bethenny's team knows that Jason is entitled to something or they would not be offering up  money.  A large part of building Bethenny's brand had to do with her "fairytale" life (her word - not mine) and Jason was a big part of it. Do I think he should get half-no but I think he should get something for the time in the trenches he put in with Bethenny. I mean in the beginning it was all "I love you" and how into each other they were.  By the third season it had become unwatchable with Bethenny doing faked lost at sea scenes.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I don't think Jason is too normal and emotionally stable if he ditched his date to go home and bang crazy, neurotic "damaged" Bethenny, then propose to a self professed "damaged" woman who was "raised by wolves" and proceed to knock her up, have a televised wedding with her and sign up for 24/7 camera access to the birth of his first child, his home life and even his full frontal nudity on several occasions.  Those grandparents opened up their nice, normal home to reality show whoredom as well.  Looks like Bryn comes from a whole family of people who prefer a chaotic famewhore air your dirty laundry lifestyle.   

• Love 4