Type keyword(s) to search

[SUNSETTED] Cast In Other Roles: That's Fake Me. This Must Be Fake Mine.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Genevieve Padalecki has been cast in a recurring role in WALKER as Walker's late wife who died in mysterious circumstances...she will be in flashbacks.

Hey, if you can't hire your own wife when you're Executive Producer, what's the point?  Right, Mr. Singer?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

I called this months ago, but the comments I got were along the lines of “he prefers her to be at home with the kids”, so please allow me a mini-moment of smugness here 🤩

Of course, she'll only be in flashbacks, so she'll have lots of time to be at home with the kids.  "Recurring" is not exactly "starring" or even "regular" (unless she's a ghost?  Then maybe she can have a larger role.☺️)  But at least she'll have something to put on her resume so it won't look like she's retired to be housewife.

• Love 2

Well, maybe Gen also has preferred to be at home with the kids. Maybe like many couples they decided that because he had a steady, good-paying job, they could afford for one of them to be their children’s primary care giver. Maybe, like many parents who make that decision, now that the kids are older they’ve decided that if Gen wants to venture back in the workplace, this is a good time. And a gig like this gives their family, I would imagine, needed and wanted flexibility.  

Though if Gen had wanted to “retire” to be a “housewife,” more power to her. That’s any family’s choice if they can afford it. 

• Love 4

I don't think Gen can be called a "housewife" she is a high profile SM person with a line now of clothes with Kohl - not something you get by being at home.  She posts everyday - that takes serious commitment and she must have an "aide" or even "aides" to help with all the photos. She advertises constantly and amongst all that she has what seems to be an almost farm size plot growing veg with chickens etc.

I probably won't get to watch Walker as I am in the UK, anyway it is not really my sort of programme I am more a Boys/Lovecraft Country sort of person but I had thought I would give it a try if I got the chance.  Not sure why though that I feel it is a bit "off" that Gen is going to be on it, and considering I follow her on Instagram etc and admire her for her energy, it does put me off at the moment from watching Walker.

• Useful 1

I give credit to Gen for her sales savvy and initiative with the social media and online endeavours. That kind of 'influencer' is not my cup of tea, but I'm old and jaded. She is a smart woman. She is not, however, a very good actress and casting her just makes my eyes roll out of my head. Their fans will eat it up though, so more power to them. For the record, I don't think Danneel is a great actress either, but she's Meryl Streep by comparison.

Now I'm wondering who will play his kids in flashback. Heh.

• Love 11

Casting Gen is fine but I wonder how that works creatively.  Jared isn't the showrunner. This is really Anna Fricke's show. It's her story. I hope this goes well for everyone but it seems like a formula for some tension.  

Spoiler

The wife does "appear" to Walker kind of like a ghost, at least in the script I read. Maybe that got changed to flashbacks.

I know that Gen loves horses so maybe she saw this role as a way to finally get to ride again.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, bethy said:

Though if Gen had wanted to “retire” to be a “housewife,” more power to her. That’s any family’s choice if they can afford it.

I wasn't meaning any insult to housewives or staying home with family.  I was thinking of Hollywood perceptions when someone stops acting for any length of time (especially a female who stops to raise a family)--it takes them out of the public eye, off casting lists, and makes them seem less interested in taking on new projects.  (Sorry, but that's the way it seems to work, unless they're A-listers who can take time off without dropping out of sight.)  Having something new on the resume shows that they're still available/willing to work.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I give credit to Gen for her sales savvy and initiative with the social media and online endeavours. That kind of 'influencer' is not my cup of tea, but I'm old and jaded. She is a smart woman. She is not, however, a very good actress and casting her just makes my eyes roll out of my head. Their fans will eat it up though, so more power to them. For the record, I don't think Danneel is a great actress either, but she's Meryl Streep by comparison.

Now I'm wondering who will play his kids in flashback. Heh.

Danneel has as many followers on instagram as Genevieve, so I'm still trying to figure out how she swung that Kohl's line. :)  She's not exactly a name, it's like they dropped Jennifer Lopez and hired her. LOL

• Love 1

Seems to me that both Gen and Danneel  'stayed home' with the kids thus far - decisions that were likely affected by the fact they were essentially 'single parents' with the guys working in Canada and on the road for cons so much of the year. I've heard both Jensen and Jared speak to this at different times. Now circumstances have changed, and the kids are not babies any more, it is probably going to be easier and more practical for either of them to return to careers outside the home if that's their goal. More power to them.

• Love 6
On 9/14/2020 at 7:22 PM, Jakes said:

Genevieve Padalecki has been cast in a recurring role in WALKER as Walker's late wife who died in mysterious circumstances...she will be in flashbacks.

I'm pretty sure that was the plot of Lethal Weapon the TV series. 

I found Gen to be very strange casting when she was on Supernatural.  Kind of odd looking with bad hair and a speech impediment. Not a very good actress.  I didn't find Jensen's wife to be much of an actress either.  I'm glad they're all happy with each other though.  They both seem to have found things to fall back on. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I wasn't sure where to put this but I figured this was the best thread.  If this is legit (I never heard of this site before) I'm already loving the direction of s3.

Oh cool.  Not to sure about that potential love triangle with the other new character and Starlight/Hughie.  But for Soldier Boy it sounds like they are, as I was thinking, going for more of a Captain America "What If...", what if he wasn't quite as good as Steve Rogers, what if he lived instead of going into the ice, what if the fame went to his head...  And there is some sort of mystery involved.  There are so many ways this could go.  Like is he someone who started out with good intentions?  Or did they choose someone like Col. Phillip's originally wanted, who was already a tough guy and bully?   I'm hoping he started out as someone with good intentions because its more of a path not taken with the Cap character Soldier Boy is based on -  what if he ended up twisted instead of remaining a rock of morality?  I wonder if he'll have anything to do with that weird church?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I wasn't sure where to put this but I figured this was the best thread.  If this is legit (I never heard of this site before) I'm already loving the direction of s3.

This also showed up on another comic site, so it sounds legit. I always assumed Kripke was tweaking the character, especially after he landed Jensen. He did a major tweak to Stormfront, this season's new supe, so it doesn't surprise me he'd do the same for Soldier Boy. And one of the primary tweaks I anticipated was that there would only be one Soldier Boy, the original celeb superhero. It makes the most sense.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, Casseiopeia said:

I saw it last night. I just caught up with The Boys. Waiting to see the finale on Friday. This show is really, shall I say as they say, fucked up!  Never let Kripke loose on cable. And yes, I know it's based on a comic book, so he is following their lead. One way or the other, this will be a new experience for Jensen after so many years on major network TV. 😉

• Love 4

https://www.etonline.com/supernatural-jensen-ackles-and-jared-padalecki-on-the-hardest-part-about-saying-goodbye-exclusive

Jensen talking about Soldier Boy.  Some minor spoilers for the finale are in the article.

"I've been a fan of [The Boys] since I saw the first episode. When I was talking to Kripke over quarantine break, I mentioned, 'Hey, somebody is going to be out of work pretty soon. What is happening over there in your world?' That kind of started a conversation and he called me the next day and was like, 'Look, there is a role coming up in season 3 that I could see you throwing your hat in the ring for,' and I was like, 'OK,'" Ackles said of how The Boys came to be. "I want to stress this was not him calling me being like, 'I got this for you. Come on over.' They were already out to some heavy hitters and guys I was like, 'I can't compete with that,' so I had to fight for it and I'm glad I did."

"I'm excited to put on a superhero outfit too," he said. "That is kicka**. I have to be in L.A. for the next couple of months because it takes that long to build it so every two weeks, you have to go in for a fitting and it builds. These things are works of art, so I am excited for that. It will be cool. Finally something my 3-year-old son can be really proud of -- a flannel shirt and some boots are not the coolest thing to a 3-year-old but a guy with a mask and a shield..."

I want to know who he beat out.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

https://www.etonline.com/supernatural-jensen-ackles-and-jared-padalecki-on-the-hardest-part-about-saying-goodbye-exclusive

Jensen talking about Soldier Boy.  Some minor spoilers for the finale are in the article.

I want to know who he beat out.

Yeah I don't think he's suggesting his 3 year old would be watching the show. LOL Just that he'll have a cool outfit his son can think is really neat.  Then in 15 years he can watch it and be like "oh so that's what that was about"

But I'm actually really glad to hear that he went through a whole process because I think that's something that probably helped his confidence in the long run.  Not because I don't think he deserves to be given roles just based on people knowing he's a great actor but because, having been laid off once, I remember for months I was going for jobs(and not getting them because they'd look at my degree and years of working and be like "overqualified") that were beneath my skill set just because I didn't feel confident in being able to do something different.  The job I had had was sort of beneath my skill set but it was a short commute and people I knew so it made it worth it but it inadvertently kind of killed my confidence in feeling like I'd be able to do something more and better. 

So I think having to compete and getting the role probably will have proved to be a good way for Jensen to avoid any of that.  He can go into it knowing they felt he was the best person for the role.

• Love 4
On 9/28/2020 at 10:28 PM, ILoveReading said:

Oh, I just saw this! It's great to hear that the character of Soldier Boy is set to appear in every episode, and that "the Soldier Boy mystery will be the main driving plot of Season 3". Good for Jensen!

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Ackles said of how The Boys came to be. "I want to stress this was not him calling me being like, 'I got this for you. Come on over.' They were already out to some heavy hitters and guys I was like, 'I can't compete with that,' so I had to fight for it and I'm glad I did."

This is lovely to hear. I am very happy for him!

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Clever of them to have all the supes in 'street clothes' since Soldier Boy's costume isn't ready yet!

IKR! This is getting very exciting!!!!!!

BTW, I haven't seen anyone mention it, but during last night's hot mess zoom session, I thought I heard Misha say something about filming an Amazon movie. Anyone else hear that? Anyone know anything about it?

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Our first glimpse of solider boy

OMGoddess!

This is Hilarious!!

I haven't laughed so much in one day since the pandemic happened!!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, BlueSapphire said:

Jensen’s episodes are not airing until late 2021 or 2022, so are you implying that every little development about him and his new show should be posted here?  There is a media thread in the forum for “The Boys.”

I don't think people are going to post ever little development, as there are 2 other articles that mention Solider Boy that I haven't seen posted here, but I thought the first glimpse of Jensen as his new character was appropriate for this this thread, since technically Jensen is still appearing on SPN.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't think people are going to post ever little development, as there are 2 other articles that mention Solider Boy that I haven't seen posted here, but I thought the first glimpse of Jensen as his new character was appropriate for this this thread, since technically Jensen is still appearing on SPN.

I think something like this would be OK to post over here, this is about SPN cast in other roles, this is his first "appearance" as the other role.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 4

From this point forward, all The Boys discussion needs to be made in The Boys threads. This thread isn’t to discuss every minutiae of other roles of the cast. It’s been announced here that Jensen will be on The Boys. That’s enough. Move on. 

ETA: Just to clarify we have decided to define what can go in this thread.  Brief casting news (ie- one link to show the announcement) and light discussions can be had in this thread.  Detailed and in depth discussion needs to go to the appropriate show threads.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Whimsy said:

From this point forward, all The Boys discussion needs to be made in The Boys threads. This thread isn’t to discuss every minutiae of other roles of the cast. It’s been announced here that Jensen will be on The Boys. That’s enough. Move on. 

ETA: Just to clarify we have decided to define what can go in this thread.  Brief casting news (ie- one link to show the announcement) and light discussions can be had in this thread.  Detailed and in depth discussion needs to go to the appropriate show threads.

Would you be able clarify that further? What constitutes light discussion vs in-depth and detailed? Because I'm not sure what made the discussion about The Boys any more detailed and in depth the previous discussions about Walker such as the one about Genevieve Padalecki joining the cast which took up about 14 or 15 posts just a couple of weeks ago.  I believe there have also been posts in hear about people being cast on Walker who haven't even been on Supernatural.  Would that be considered off topic altogether? 

Also what is one to do when there are no appropriate show threads?  The Boys board only has episode threads and a media thread.  The media thread wouldn't be for detailed and in depth discussion either I would imagine.  Obviously the links and videos have been posted there but that's not really for a lot of discussion either.  Can we ask for threads to added there? Like a Spoiler or speculation thread?

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

Would you be able clarify that further? What constitutes light discussion vs in-depth and detailed? Because I'm not sure what made the discussion about The Boys any more detailed and in depth the previous discussions about Walker such as the one about Genevieve Padalecki joining the cast which took up about 14 or 15 posts just a couple of weeks ago.  I believe there have also been posts in hear about people being cast on Walker who haven't even been on Supernatural.  Would that be considered off topic altogether? 

Also what is one to do when there are no appropriate show threads?  The Boys board only has episode threads and a media thread.  The media thread wouldn't be for detailed and in depth discussion either I would imagine.  Obviously the links and videos have been posted there but that's not really for a lot of discussion either.  Can we ask for threads to added there? Like a Spoiler or speculation thread?

Good questions! I was wondering about this also. I've been posting on The Boys forum but like you said there's no thread to for general show discussion, only episode threads.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

To be on the safe side I have been posting almost anything I come across about Walker on the Walker forum. This will all be over in a few weeks and most fans will disperse to other forums anyway.

• Love 2

Here's some clarification on what light discussion vs detailed discussion entails. Posting casting news related to the Supernatural cast is OK! Talking about the cast's upcoming and previous projects is OK! Having brief discussions is OK! But we also want to encourage the use of the other forums for when the discussion becomes more in depth (which include long posts about the other shows or long chain of posts about the other shows). Walker and The Boys won't be airing for a while so there will be plenty of discussions until they do.  So posting about Gen's role in Walker here is ok. Posting an article just about Jensen's new role in The Boys or Jared's role in Walker is ok. Posting a general article or video about the shows (which may just mention Jared or Jensen or any other cast member's projects) or in depth discussions should be taken to the respective forum. Message the mods if you have any questions and let's get back on topic. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, PAForrest said:

IKR! This is getting very exciting!!!!!!

BTW, I haven't seen anyone mention it, but during last night's hot mess zoom session, I thought I heard Misha say something about filming an Amazon movie. Anyone else hear that? Anyone know anything about it?

I didn't watch the zoom thing. I don't know if he has something lined up. I did see about 2 weeks ago that he promoted a film his best friend, Darius Marder, made called Sound of Metal. It will come out on Amazon Prime later this year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, falltime said:

I didn't watch the zoom thing. I don't know if he has something lined up. I did see about 2 weeks ago that he promoted a film his best friend, Darius Marder, made called Sound of Metal. It will come out on Amazon Prime later this year.

I bet that's probably the movie he was talking about. Thanks, I didn't know that.

And thanks BabySpinach for posting the Kripke answers. I tried to follow some of that last night, but it was happening at the same time the Dazed and Confused reading was going on.

I think Kripke really found his niche and got his mojo back with this show. I forget how good he used to be back in the early seasons.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I think Kripke really found his niche and got his mojo back with this show. I forget how good he used to be back in the early seasons.

Maybe it's that he's finally been let loose outside the confines of network television. Dude is kinda demented (in the best way).

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe it's that he's finally been let loose outside the confines of network television. Dude is kinda demented (in the best way).

Even when things on the show annoyed me sometimes in the early seasons I was  very fond of Kripke, sometimes in spite of myself. 😄  He just seemed like such a fanboy at heart. He always felt kind of like one of us, in a strange way.  You felt like he'd be nitpicking and going over his favorite movies or shows like we are doing if he were in our shoes.  He was obviously so into what he was into.  And the Boys is smart show.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Even when things on the show annoyed me sometimes in the early seasons I was  very fond of Kripke, sometimes in spite of myself. 😄  He just seemed like such a fanboy at heart. 

He is the kind of frat boy that Badd aspires to be (and fails miserably).

• Love 5

I'm late on this, but I just came across Kripke's statement about Jensen joining the The Boys.  That ranks right behind Trey Parker and Matt Stone press releases any time someone messes with South Park as just about the funniest statement I'm ever seen a producer release.

So Jensen smells like warm chocolate chip cookies.  Good to know.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Smad said:

Going back to the good old days, our Woman in White (Sarah Shahi) has been cast in DC's Black Adam.

I love her! I’ll have to check that out.

ETA: Aldis Hodge (Jake) is in it, too!

Edited by bethy
On 9/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, Commando Cody said:

I'm pretty sure that was the plot of Lethal Weapon the TV series. 

I found Gen to be very strange casting when she was on Supernatural.  Kind of odd looking with bad hair and a speech impediment. Not a very good actress.  

I have always thought Gen had a hare lip. 

• LOL 1